Stores > HiFi Sound Connection

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review HiFi Sound Connection by clicking a star below.
2017-06-24

Never Again

"I ordered a set of speakers for my 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo. When I received the order it was very beaten up and there was a hole in the bag. It looked like someone ripped it open on purpose. It was at that point when I quickly noticed that not all of my order had arrived. The dash speakers were missing and I am assuming that they fell out of the bag, were stolen or they were simply never even shipped. Also, one of the speaker grills had a broken peg on it. That was just the beginning. When I decided to try installing the speakers that I did receive, they were too big. The magnet for the speakers hit my window, preventing it from rolling down all the way. On top of that the connectors didn't match up to the harness and I had to do some splicing and cutting. After getting them installed, I tested them out and they sounded just okay. No noticable imrpovment from the factory set of speakers. Very dissapointing. Now as far as their customer service goes, don't bother. I told them about my missing dash speakers and all they are doing for me is notifying UPS. I'm not even sure if I will be getting what I paid for. Long story short I was ripped off and will never buy from this company again. Buyers beware!"

2017-06-17

ALERT DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! (HI FI SOUND CONNECTION)

"I purchased some speakers for my van that were suppose to be oem direct fit. First set I did not receive. No notice posted that deliverer ever came to house. I called to ask about my purchase they said I refused package and it was sent back. I explained I never received the package. I was told it was at an access point. That I refused the package and it was sent back. I never knew it was at the access point, therefore I did not refuse package. They sent the package out again. When it arrived I opened it and immediately noticed that they were not direct fit. I could not connect the speakers to my old set up. I had no use for the speakers. I emailed the company to get a return address for refund. They ask me to send a picture of connectors and my vin vehicle number. I explained I just wanted a refund because I had already purchased some elsewhere that did fit. I requested return address again. Finally I did get it.
Sent speakers back only to be told I had past the window of return for refund. They were basing this on the time frame of the first set of speakers that I never received. Which took time to send back and resend out to me. I went back and fourth with them several times for several days to get my refund they refused my request. Then they sent me an email saying they were sorry about the mix up and I COULD get my refund and that it would take some time. More wasted time on their behalf only for them to send me another email stating that I would NOT be able to get the refund.
I called and complained and asked about it. Again with the run around. I feel they wasted a lot of time so that they did not have to give me a refund. You can't speak to anyone concerning the matter when you call because they say returns/refunds have to be handled through email only. I asked to speak to manager/supervisor only to be told they are not available. I was to told to call back at another time. The company has the speakers and my money.

2017-06-15

How to get your refund when HiFi won't issue a refund!

"Our 16 year old son used his money to buy an amp for his truck. When he received it and had it installed, it was defective. My husband called them and they said we would have to pay for shipping to return it. At which point my husband told the rep if we had to pay to return their defective item, he wanted our sons money refunded instead of replacement. A few days after they received the defective item he gets an email saying our item has shipped. He calls them and they have sent a replacement instead of issuing a refund! When we received the item, I called them and had to go through several people before they finally sent us a pre paid label to return their item. Even though we were told repeatedly that is against their policy. We were told again that once they received the item and it was inspected, our son would get his refund within 24-48 hrs. Another lie. They received it on a Tues morn at 10:08 because I tracked it. By Fri afternoon still no refund and only getting the run around when I call HiFi. I contacted my bank and filed a claim and disputed the charges. Within just a few days our bank refunded the money to our account and now they are dealing with this lousy company. My husband got another email this week from HiFi saying they are issuing a refund, minus a restocking fee! They sent us a defective item and tried to hold on to our 16 year old son's money and then want us to pay a restocking fee! What a joke. I contacted our bank about it and they said not to worry because they had already credited our account the full amount. So in the end our son got his total amount refunded. If I could give them negative stars as a review I would!!!"

2017-05-29

Two faulty lasers sent, only store credit offered

"Avoid this company at all costs. They sent me a laser that didn't work, I had to pay to return it for another one, then they sent another one that was faulty. Refused to refund my money because it was out of some window of time they deemed appropriate (two weeks), despite me being on tour as a working musician. Aweful useless swindlers.DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!"

2017-05-23

better to go elsewhere

"1) Item ordered and paid for.
2) Item not in stock.
3) Item refund offered and accepted.
4) Item shipped several days late, no refund.

If this is how google shopping works -- synthetic overrating, paid listings, login to rate -- no thanks. Better to use another marketplace.

2017-05-23

Another one for your collection

"I recently purchased a set of speakers for my vehicle that were supposed to be direct OEM replacements. Although they arrived quickly and seemed to be decent quality they were not the correct size and the connections were wrong.
When I called to find out how to proceed (which they encouraged on their invoice as they do not want negative reviews) they told me I would need to buy 2 sets of wiring adapters and steered me towards the wrong item again...When I said I would like to return them as I didn't want to start cutting wire harnesses, buying extra parts and grinding out door panels they told me I would be responsible for paying for the return shipping. I told them this was not my mistake and I shouldn't have to pay anything, which is further supported by a statement on my invoice that said if there were any problems with the order they would correct them at no cost to me.
This company has a huge ebay presence but unfortunately I ordered directly from Hi Fi Sound Connections directly so I have no way to alert ebay buyers in a review of my purchase... The reason I say that is they seem to only try to resolve problems on ebay purchases in order to maintain a good seller status but if anyone takes a look at outside reviews like Reseller Ratings, Yelp, BBB there is a completely different story. Ebay told me they must maintain a 98 percent positive review status or their ability to sell is diminished so if anyone is inclined to buy from them please order through ebay and at least you will be able to impact their ability to sell and mislead customers in the future

2017-05-18

DO NOT BUY FEOM THEM!!

"Purchased a Peavey MSDI box for $129. The website said they had 10 in stock. After they received my payment, they told me that they didn't have any and it would takes weeks to order one. They said I could cancel the order, which I did, but to this day they have still not refunded my $129. They literally stole my money from me. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM EVER!"

2017-05-17

Will not refund money.

"Good luck returning product for refund. They take into account the time they take to authorize return, ship package, and they inspect it. I even received the following response from them:
Good day, We have receive the returned item, let us know whether you want a refund or replacement so we can proceed.
For the time being, you have a store credit of $54.99 which doesn't expire and can be use by emailing us back or calling us anytime.
Thank you!
Still said they would not refund.

2017-05-11

False Advertising

"I ordered a guitar which HiFi has advertised on both ebay and reverb (at a minimum) showing 20+ quantity available and ready to sell with an estimated delivery of 1-2 weeks. Several days after completing my purchase, they told me a story that the ONE they had in stock was damaged and now the item is backordered by their vendor for 4 months!!! Meanwhile, nearly a week later, they still have open sales listings on both sites to take other people's money for products they KNOW they do not have them available to sell. I got a full refund, but this was an inconvenience I didn't need to go through, and now my gift purchase is going to be delayed because I had to order from another (more reputable) source. If they refuse to update their listings with simple inventory information when they know it is wrong, what else are they misrepresenting in their listings? I will not purchase from this company again."

2017-05-10

HiFi Sound Connection refunded my money in full

"HiFi Sound Connection refunded my money in full the next week."

2017-05-07

Poor customer service

"After dealing with HiFi sound connections poor customer service and **** products I figured I was not alone in my anger. Dont waste your money on buying their products. As others have stated they don't stand behind their products and only serve to take your money. "

2017-04-10

Warranty on website and EBAY is a LIE! They dont stand behind there products

"I purchased a Kicker L7 enclosed subwoofer about 6-7 months ago and all sudden it froze up on me. I emailed and they sent me a return confirmation and then a few hours went by and they sent another email stating they couldnt authorize my return because it was more then 90 days! No if you go on there website and there ebay listing it says refurbished items have 1 year warranty! There liars and wish I would have googled them first! Dont buy kicker and dont buy anything from these guys! You want Quality go check out sundown audio or JL audio "

2017-03-28

Misleading ads and horrible customer service

" My son ordered a Paiste 2002 Sound Edge hi hat cymbal set based on the photo in the ad and received only one cymbal. The online sales rep, because you can't reach a real person to speak with, claimed that the photo was a "mirror image", this is odd seeing that the Sound Edge bottom cymba lis scalloped making it impossible to be a mirror image. The rep out right lied! Then he admits guilt by stating that the right photo has not been downloaded yet...another lie. Instead of honoring their ad claim they choose to fight and demand that I send it back for a refund., NO! I want what is shown and what I paid for. I filed a complaint with Attorney General, Josh Hawley, and I suggest others do the same with similar experiances. This company defrauds customers and then attempts to convert their ads to suit their needs. Very bad organization."

2017-03-23

Do NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

"I purchased new supposedly in stock Paiste Cymbals from them. These are very high end instruments that cost the premium price. After not receiving a tracking number I called and was told there was a mistake, and the supplier is sending new cymbals and should take 3-5 days tops. Well, the next week I decide to check again...Once again they are so sorry, the supplier which is Paiste America a TOP level company are at fault and wait another 3-5 days. At this point I had enough and asked for the order to be cancelled which after some vague dialogue they agreed to do... Wrong. The next morning I receive an email from paypal thanking me for payments to hifisound! What! So, I contact them again expressing my anger in a polite way.. Once again they try to get me to agree to wait and wonder shy I want to cancel... WHAT?! After trying for a while they again say the order will be cancelled and they will send an email invoice. NOPE... never happened. The next day I decided to file unauthorized use with paypal, contact BBB, US attorney etc... This time once again say why do you want to cancel this order, what fraud? LOL! So, at this point I laid it on the line, refund my money or see you in court. About an hour later I get an email saying my refund is "in Cue" whatever that means.. So we will see what actually happens.
PLEASE do not buy from these Indian crooks! They barely speak english, have an IQ of around room temp.

2017-03-10

Don't buy from them

"I purchased an iPad stand after confirming with them that it was the correct size for my iPad. The stand arrived in a damaged box, no assembly instructions, defective product, and after all that - it was not the correct size for my iPad. In spite of them assuring me that they'd refund my money in full, they didn't give me any refund at all. Nothing. I submitted a claim to my credit card company, and they took care of it for me. Stay away from this company. No need for the aggravation. "

Share HiFi Sound Connection's store rating

HiFi Sound Connection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HiFi Sound Connection is not a merchant member
HiFi Sound Connection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!