Stores > HiFi Sound Connection

Product & services pricing Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-04-20

Stay away, unless you like losing money

"I'd offer zero stars if it were a choice. They have a strong ebay presence, so if there is a way to steer people away from them over there, that'd also be a plus. I ordered (through their website, not ebay) 3 items in total, for around $200. The first item was a 5 channel amplifier for my car which a few days later I received an email stating that their "last item" was "damaged" and that I could get a different amplifier for a mere "$10 upcharge". I figured this was bait and switch, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I just asked them to cancel that part of the order, and they did. They refunded me the entire price of the item minus about a dollar, but I wasn't going to squabble over that. The 2-channel component speakers I ordered came in and look just fine, but I also ordered a 4-channel line output converter and received a 2-channel converter. I immediately (before even opening the packaging) sent them an e-mail, the requested pictures, etc. They sent back to me, "we'd like to offer you a $10 store credit on your next purchase." Right. Like I'm ever going to order from these folks again. After going back and forth with them for over a week now exchanging emails, and finally just asking for a refund of the purchase since it was obvious they weren't ever going to send me my 4-channel converter, they have stopped responding whatsoever.
I'm now filing with the FTC (non-receipt of ordered item), the BBB, and going to places like here, in an effort to steer people away from their business.

STAY AWAY from these guys.

This review was modified by JHammy on April 20 2016 09:22:30 AM

2016-04-05

Got what I ordered !

"I read all these really bad reviews about this company and was very afraid to order from them but I did anyways.
I paid the price that was quoted to me and my product was received the time that it said it was going to be.
My items came in in perfect condition.... the only thing is I had to fabricate just a little bit but made it work with ease.
I had ordered the subwoofer box with 2 12's for a 2004 Chevy Avalanche.
Maybe this review will help :)

2016-03-03

Falsely advertised both the Size and the thickness of subwoofer box's

"I purchased two subwoofer boxes advertised at 4 cubic foot, and one inch mdf. The boxes were in fact only 3.2 cubic foot, and 5/8ths mdf. Upon contact they refused to do nothing about it period. Said they would give me a deal on my next purchase? First time I heard of a company expecting another purchase after refusing to do anything nor admit they sent me out of spec boxes.

Some on year later the add was finally corrected to the exact specifications that I claimed the boxes were.

These people are a plague to be avoided at all costs.

This review was modified by johnplayerson on March 03 2016 05:23:20 AM

2016-02-25

Stay AWAY, they false advertise and you sill spend money and still end up with nothing in the end

"First want to say that the 105% lowest price is false advertising. Found this product much cheaper elsewhere so I called to get it 5% cheaper here and they said they could only match the other price not 5% less since they would be losing money. Sorry to tell this company but that is not good business when that is what is advertised. I ordered it anyway since I was already on the phone. It came in the little flimsy box with a huge hole in the side of it. They didn't double box it like normal business would for any electronics shipped through the mail. I looked it over good and did not see any cosmetic damage so I installed it which took nearly 2 hours to do might I add. Turned it on and the picture on the screen was horrible, worse than the headrest monitors I purchased about 10 years ago and the FM transmitter had a lot of static no matter what channel I changed it too. Since the players did not have built in speakers this was the only way to listen to the sound other than wireless headphones which my kids aren't greatly fond of. So I asked to exchange it. They said they could however they wouldn't have another unit like it back in stock for almost a month, even though their website says they have them in stock, False advertising again, so I asked for them to just refund my card and send me a return label. They refunded my card however I had to ship it back on my own dime even though there return policy for defective items/shipping damage items clearly states returns are at no cost to the customer. So for 2 weeks worth of headache and phone calls and emails and $20 shipping out of my pocket to return it I still have no good working DVD player. I would not recommend this business at all."

This review was modified by ryan3711 on February 25 2016 11:27:27 AM

2016-01-17

They gave me a great deal on a radio, and even backed it with a warranty!

"I can't say enough good about this company. They had the radio I needed, at a good price, made the buying process simple and easy, gave me free shipping and it arrived in 4 days. Radio was in great condition, worked perfectly and even had the mounting brackets still on it! You just cant beat that."

2015-10-21

""They don't keep their word for it. Event Pros BEWARE!"

Ordered lights on Friday and their sales agent said it would be shipped out Monday and I will receive it Thursday with 3 day ground fedex delivery. I specifically said I need the lights by Thursday for an event.

I Emailed and requested for tracking number on Monday. Got a reply saying it would be shipped that night. On Tuesday morning, still no tracking number received. I called by the afternoon and was told the package will be shipped that night. I expressed to the customer svc rep that it is a day LATE and will need it shipped via 2 day ground so it will still be received Thursday. The rep seemed to have no control of the situation and said he will call me back to see what he can do.

I didnt get a call back and I received a tracking number on Tuesday night instead. Found out pkg will be shipped on Friday, which is no use to me since my event is on Thursday night.

This company is a disgrace to the event industry professionals. Rest assured your lack of professionalism and accountability will be known in the whole Tristate area of MD, DC, VA. I sit on the board for all of the event networking groups and my experience will be shared.

My failure to deliver on my client's event on Thursday sits on your reputation.

2015-10-01

"I purchased something last week over the phone.. after a few days, my card was fraudulently used by someone else. beware, this company has a lot of scammers and frauds... especially their manager named Matt and James!"

This review was modified by kickass73 on October 01 2015 03:43:06 AM

2015-08-31

"I searched Google for the Numark PT-01USB Turntable. HiFi Sound Connection came up with the best price at $84.99, while most other retailers were selling it for $99.99. I made the mistake of not reading any reviews, and now that I have, I see that this company uses the same delay tactics regularly. After I placed the order, the following day I received this email from HiFi Sound Connection "Hello, Thank you for doing business with us. The item you purchases and is listed in our website is a version older than the one that is circulating in the market. The item is a bit expensive with improvements and updates from the manufacturer. We can send you the latest version for only $4.99 up-charge. Else we will be more than happy to provide you a refund or store credit. Please get in touch with us. Best Regards," RIDICULOUS. I still figured I'd come out $10 ahead so I did send over the funds along with a reply telling them that they should not have come back to me for the difference because the error was theirs; they should have absorbed it. So... Fast forward 8 days... I check my emails because I haven't (1) received my purchase or (2) received a delivery status. Neither. So I call their customer svc dept and the rep tells me that the item is on back order and should be back in stock in 2-5 weeks!!! SAME SCENARIOS SO MANY OTHERS HAVE ALREADY NOTED. I tell the rep this is completely not acceptable and ask if I can cancel the order at this point. She says yes, I tell her NOT to cancel, but to tell a manager about this situation and that I'd like FREE overnight shipping if I'm going to keep the order with them. Call or email with a reply and I'll decide what to do at that point. That night I get the following email... "We'd like to inform you that we received a notification from the manufacturer that the Numark PT-01USB Turntable Vinyl to MP3 or WAV Converter is sold out until mid-September. We apologize for the inconvenience. Any alternate item in mind? Please advise us on how you would like to proceed." UNBELIEVABLE!!! I was so frustrated with this company I couldn't call them back the next day. I didn't reply to the email and waited a few days while busy with other things. After 5 days passed I finally received an email stating that my item had shipped via FedEx in approx. 3 business days, not the overnight shipping I requested. AVOID THE FRUSTRATION. Order through another retailer even if their price is higher. Not worth the aggravation. Amazon is everybody's competition and if you can't beat them on price OR customer service then you don't deserve to be in business."

This review was modified by at.anom on August 31 2015 12:44:49 PM

2015-08-26

"I ordered a small connector from them and immediately received an email stating that while shipping the part they discovered it was damaged. They stated that there would be a delay while they waited for their supplier to provide a replacement part. After a month of them telling me they should have the part soon, I asked for a refund. I will say this, their customer service responded promptly to all of my emailed inquiries and did provide me a refund in a timely manner; however, I will never order from them again. I do not believe they ever had the part that was "damaged.""

This review was modified by Buyer24 on August 26 2015 08:09:07 AM

2015-08-04

"I found these people quite rude when I asked them questions. If you are not polite to customers, how do you expect to sell anything. I hope you improve"

This review was modified by Tao41 on August 04 2015 03:11:54 AM

2015-05-15

"Great experience, ordered an$800 sub woofer from them and they shipped it right away. speaker was shipped in heavy duty reinforced box with protective inner bag, Speaker is perfect and sounds amazing. would definitely order from them again"

2015-03-28

"I was skeptical about placing my order with HiFi Sound Connection based on the reviews on Reseller Ratings. I don't like to hassle with returns and refunds, but I took a chance and I'm glad I did. I ordered a 12" L7 Kicker to replace the L3 I previously had. I was not disappointed. Service was great, shipped promptly and the price was fantastic. The product was a refurb but looks and was packaged like new. I would do business with them again anytime. Happy customer here. "

2015-03-19

"Purchased box and subwoofer package for my son for a Christmas present.Box would not fit vehicle I contacted them
and was told to remove subs from box and return box for a new one I had ordered a box to go under seat originally.They sent me a box to go behind seat as a replacement the subs would not fit this box.So after a couple months of argueing with them over this issue by the way was already way to late to give for a Christmas present I had to settle for a cheaper lousy set of subs because they would not send me a replacement set of kickers like I had originally purchased.Basically the subs sound like crap.My advice do no business with these folks at all.You will not be satisfied with product or customer service.

This review was modified by wayne79 on March 19 2015 08:34:09 AM

2015-02-28

"This is quite possibly the worst company I have ever dealt with. I placed an order using PayPal on Friday and I never received a confirmation email. When I checked their website on Saturday and the invoice said PP Problem. So I used their websites chat feature and got a hold of John. I let him know my problem. He told me to call PayPal, so I did. PayPal sent the payment. I tried to chat with John but he never replied. After trying to get a response for half an hour I called the phone number and spoke with Jackie, I explained my problem and she said that billing doesn't work on weekends. When I told her that was unacceptable, she just hung up on me. I called back and got a hold of John (the guy that ignored my chat) and asked to speak with a supervisor. Of course there wasn't a supervisor available. I told John to cancel my order and he said that it'll have to wait until Monday and there was nothing he could do for me. In conclusion, the money was sent but they couldn't process anything, ignored me, hung up on me, won't let me speak with a supervisor, and are making me wait the weekend to cancel my order."

This review was modified by smashola on February 28 2015 10:52:40 AM

2015-02-20

"I ordered product in 2 separate orders, one right after the other. Even though the items showed in stock on the website... they were not available. (so I got backordered)

When the products became available, they sent them out.
The packages made it all the way to my city and the post office kicked them back for (Undeliverable Address)

I contacted support and finally they re-submitted.
I just checked and the same thing happened.

Because the packages require a signature IN PERSON. I am having them sent to my business address. There is someone here 24/7 and we get packages everyday.

I do not know what this company is doing to get an undeliverable address.

Issue still un-resolved. and Customer Service will not respond back to me.

Share HiFi Sound Connection's store rating

HiFi Sound Connection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HiFi Sound Connection is not a merchant member
HiFi Sound Connection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!