HiFi Sound Connection Reviews - hifisoundconnection.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.33/10 1,633 reviews

HiFi Sound Connection is not a merchant member
HiFi Sound Connection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

All Customer Reviews (1,660)

"STAY CLEAR of this company. Price looks promising but product is crap. Shipment arrived today subwoofer box with woofers, amp and install kit. Packing box was cardboard wrapped around the box holding amp etc. Opened box while FedEx deliverer witnessed and one subwoofer fell out of the box from broken and bent mounting screws. Item looked as though they found it and slapped it together. Declined shipment.

"same nightmare as everyone else described. TERRIBLE customer service and you better pray to whoever you believe in that your transaction goes smoothly. I ordered $520 worth of subs/box/amp from these criminals and the first two times the item was so poorly packaged that Fedex would not deliver it due to the damage. After about 5 phone calls all taking atleast 15mins to speak with someone I was promised that the THIRD package would be properly packaged and guaranteed to get to get to me-NOT. The box came in destroyed AGAIN so I refused the package. After dealing with the rude scumbag "james" he basically accused me of not wanting the product and tried to charge me a 20% restock fee for something that they destroyed. ALL EMPLOYEES THERE ARE TRAINED TO LIE AND WILL HOLD YOUR MONEY HOSTAGE!! They held my money for 30days until I threatened to sue them. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE INTERNET TERRORISTS. The worst people are james and ann, both terrible scum liars that will do all they can to screw you."

"STAY AWAY terrible service. We ordered a radio that said it would fit our truck, when we got the radio it didn't work for our model of truck. We called to see why and they told us that they can't guarante it to fit. We asked if they had one instock that would fit our truck and of course they DID NOT!! Now we have to pay shipping to return it plus a 20% restocking fee. DO NOT order from this company!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by rcampbell1981 on February 11 2014 06:18:57 AM

""BEWARE! STAY AWAY! DO NOT BUY FROM! WORSE of the WORSE!" THEY WILL SENT ME DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE TWICE, AND THEN CHARGED ME a 20% Restocking Fee. In all my dealings on the Internet for online purchases, they are by far the most disreputable firm I have EVER DEALT WITH!"

modified review This review was modified by JBMaher on February 02 2014 09:13:35 AM

"Lousy customer service. No response after numerous attempts to contact customer service. Ridiculous restocking fees if they sell you the wrong product. They sold the wrong item that was listed for a vehicle and won't take responsibility for the return."

modified review This review was modified by wd-40 on November 21 2013 06:01:49 AM

"BEWARE!! THEY WILL SEND YOU DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE AND THEN CHARGE YOU 20% to restock it. I bought a $425 Navigation system, it was broken when it arrived. I had to pay a Chrysler dealer $150 to install a broken Navigation and then take it out. I called and asked for a replacement and I was told they had none. So I asked for a refund. They told me its 20%. I called, did live chat, and emailed. One of the worst buyer experiences I have had in recent years. Terrible merchant."

modified review This review was modified by dshilman2008 on October 26 2013 08:54:17 AM

"Bought a vehicle specific subwoofer box from Hifisoundconnection.com. Only to find that the box did not allow the driverside sub to move freely as it was squished. When I called they said it was too late for a refund/credit. All this after it came in banged up from UPS which I had to tell them about in an earlier email noting that one of the speaker connections was missing. Which they actually did replace after some time. I will NEVER buy from these guys again!! "

modified review This review was modified by nicmc99 on October 01 2013 12:31:47 PM

"good place to order from kinda slow shipping but good items"

"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!. They sent me a used OEM radio to replace one in one of my cars. The radio arrived when promised, but the faceplate was cracked. I contacted HFSC the same day. They said to return it for a refund, BUT, I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING! I asked to speak to a manager but got the infamous " No manager available" line. When I insisted they pay for the return shipping, the customer rep named Aubrey gave me a return authorization# then hung up on me!!! Their idea of customer support is to then send an email message telling me to read the fine print in their customer policy. ....Included with their shipment is a paper stating to contact them immediately, which I did, and they will file a damage claim and "get a replacement unit sent out the same day. The sheet does indicate whether the damage has to be with the package or the unit itself. Damage is damage, and HFSC should do the right thing and pay for the return shipping like most online companies when goods are received in a damaged condition. I buy items online quite often, and this is the first time I have ever had to write a negative report. "

"I have a ***2002 Saturn Vue***. About a year ago, the stereo went out. I went to Hifi Sound Connection to get a stock replacement stereo, and when I ordered it, the invoice said it was shipping a stereo for a 2003 Saturn Ion. I was confused, but they told me that it would work with my car and that they're basically the same. I got the package today, and in side was a stock stereo for a ***2000 Honda Accord***. Hifi Sound Connection is a RIP-OFF. DO NOT order anything from them!"

"Ordered a replacement radio/Cd Player for 2006 Ford Focus. Shipping was very fast but was dissapointed when I saw what shape the product was in. Immediately contacted HiFi Sound and was contacted by not one but two Service Reps! Both vowed to send a replacement radio and both did. I was told by Customer Service to keep all three radios. Between the three I was able to make one good one. Though dissapointed by the product, which I knew was used and would not be in perfect condition, Customer Service made it right very quickly!"

"SCAM STAY AWAY.
SEND ME WRONG ITEM NOW OFFERING RETURN AND I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURN SHIPPING AND 20% RESTOCKING FEES DUE TO THEIR IRRESPONSIBILITY!!!
STUPID, STUPID WASTE OF TIME...

"Purchased a guitar from them on eBay, THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. Buyer beware, they will not acknowledge that the product is defective and will give you the run around. I have been lied to, misinformed, hung up on, promised things that have not been done and even EXTORTED to provide positive eBay feedback. I'm $550 short and taking it up with eBay. Do not buy anything from these thieves and scammers!"

"I purchased a passive speaker from Hifisoundconnection on March 25, 2013. They claimed the package was sent ,but, I never received it. I followed up with the company asked why is my package taking so long. They gave me the tracking number. According to FedEx the speaker I ordered was left on my front door, however, I never received it. A day or two later after numerous emails with Hifisoundconnection they accused me of lying that I did indeed received my speaker. Now,,,,, nothing makes me more pissed than to be accused of lying. This was said with the intent of refusing to resend a replacement for the lost speaker. They had the nerve to call me and demand a positive feedback in place of an upgraded speaker (Active). I thought they were on the up and up business therefore I gave them a positive feedback with their promise that I would receive a upgraded (active) speaker. Unfortunately they tricked me into giving them a good feedback and I never received the speaker they promised. Than they emailed me to drop the complaint and they will resend the upgraded speaker , but, I was fooled once not twice. I did not drop any complaint and till this day they have not met up to their end of the deal. A deal is a deal "

"If you look at the reviews, it seems pretty clear that people are happy....as long as everything goes as planned. If there is a problem, WATCH OUT! Purchased a "custom" subwoofer enclosure. Upon receipt, the poor quality was immediately noticed with the glue smeared on the upholstery. We tried to install it to see if the glue would be very visible, but it just wobbled horribly. The Kicker speaker didn't even fit in the cabinet. I contacted them to discuss returning it and purchase a more expensive name brand model. The hoops they expected me to jump through just to spend more money with them was so prohibitive, I chose to return it instead. The manager was no better at helping, and even used the word EXTORT because I was trying to return a product!!! To make matters worse, they wanted me to pay a 20% restocking fee on a product that didn't even work as advertised. I ended up having to dispute with Paypal who found IN MY FAVOR. The other problem is it's a no win situation for the buyer. Even though it only cost them around $10 to ship it to me, it cost me almost $30 to ship it back because I don't have their discount."

modified review This review was modified by BDJ62 on April 20 2013 12:44:38 PM