• HiFi Sound Conn

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10

"I purchased something last week over the phone.. after a few days, my card was fraudulently used by someone else. beware, this company has a lot of scammers and frauds... especially their manager named Matt and James!"

This review was modified by kickass73 on October 01 2015 03:43:06 AM

"I searched Google for the Numark PT-01USB Turntable. HiFi Sound Connection came up with the best price at $84.99, while most other retailers were selling it for $99.99. I made the mistake of not reading any reviews, and now that I have, I see that this company uses the same delay tactics regularly. After I placed the order, the following day I received this email from HiFi Sound Connection "Hello, Thank you for doing business with us. The item you purchases and is listed in our website is a version older than the one that is circulating in the market. The item is a bit expensive with improvements and updates from the manufacturer. We can send you the latest version for only $4.99 up-charge. Else we will be more than happy to provide you a refund or store credit. Please get in touch with us. Best Regards," RIDICULOUS. I still figured I'd come out $10 ahead so I did send over the funds along with a reply telling them that they should not have come back to me for the difference because the error was theirs; they should have absorbed it. So... Fast forward 8 days... I check my emails because I haven't (1) received my purchase or (2) received a delivery status. Neither. So I call their customer svc dept and the rep tells me that the item is on back order and should be back in stock in 2-5 weeks!!! SAME SCENARIOS SO MANY OTHERS HAVE ALREADY NOTED. I tell the rep this is completely not acceptable and ask if I can cancel the order at this point. She says yes, I tell her NOT to cancel, but to tell a manager about this situation and that I'd like FREE overnight shipping if I'm going to keep the order with them. Call or email with a reply and I'll decide what to do at that point. That night I get the following email... "We'd like to inform you that we received a notification from the manufacturer that the Numark PT-01USB Turntable Vinyl to MP3 or WAV Converter is sold out until mid-September. We apologize for the inconvenience. Any alternate item in mind? Please advise us on how you would like to proceed." UNBELIEVABLE!!! I was so frustrated with this company I couldn't call them back the next day. I didn't reply to the email and waited a few days while busy with other things. After 5 days passed I finally received an email stating that my item had shipped via FedEx in approx. 3 business days, not the overnight shipping I requested. AVOID THE FRUSTRATION. Order through another retailer even if their price is higher. Not worth the aggravation. Amazon is everybody's competition and if you can't beat them on price OR customer service then you don't deserve to be in business."

This review was modified by at.anom on August 31 2015 12:44:49 PM

"I ordered a small connector from them and immediately received an email stating that while shipping the part they discovered it was damaged. They stated that there would be a delay while they waited for their supplier to provide a replacement part. After a month of them telling me they should have the part soon, I asked for a refund. I will say this, their customer service responded promptly to all of my emailed inquiries and did provide me a refund in a timely manner; however, I will never order from them again. I do not believe they ever had the part that was "damaged.""

This review was modified by Buyer24 on August 26 2015 08:09:07 AM

"I found these people quite rude when I asked them questions. If you are not polite to customers, how do you expect to sell anything. I hope you improve"

This review was modified by Tao41 on August 04 2015 03:11:54 AM

"Great experience, ordered an$800 sub woofer from them and they shipped it right away. speaker was shipped in heavy duty reinforced box with protective inner bag, Speaker is perfect and sounds amazing. would definitely order from them again"

"I was skeptical about placing my order with HiFi Sound Connection based on the reviews on Reseller Ratings. I don't like to hassle with returns and refunds, but I took a chance and I'm glad I did. I ordered a 12" L7 Kicker to replace the L3 I previously had. I was not disappointed. Service was great, shipped promptly and the price was fantastic. The product was a refurb but looks and was packaged like new. I would do business with them again anytime. Happy customer here. "

"Purchased box and subwoofer package for my son for a Christmas present.Box would not fit vehicle I contacted them
and was told to remove subs from box and return box for a new one I had ordered a box to go under seat originally.They sent me a box to go behind seat as a replacement the subs would not fit this box.So after a couple months of argueing with them over this issue by the way was already way to late to give for a Christmas present I had to settle for a cheaper lousy set of subs because they would not send me a replacement set of kickers like I had originally purchased.Basically the subs sound like crap.My advice do no business with these folks at all.You will not be satisfied with product or customer service.

This review was modified by wayne79 on March 19 2015 08:34:09 AM

"This is quite possibly the worst company I have ever dealt with. I placed an order using PayPal on Friday and I never received a confirmation email. When I checked their website on Saturday and the invoice said PP Problem. So I used their websites chat feature and got a hold of John. I let him know my problem. He told me to call PayPal, so I did. PayPal sent the payment. I tried to chat with John but he never replied. After trying to get a response for half an hour I called the phone number and spoke with Jackie, I explained my problem and she said that billing doesn't work on weekends. When I told her that was unacceptable, she just hung up on me. I called back and got a hold of John (the guy that ignored my chat) and asked to speak with a supervisor. Of course there wasn't a supervisor available. I told John to cancel my order and he said that it'll have to wait until Monday and there was nothing he could do for me. In conclusion, the money was sent but they couldn't process anything, ignored me, hung up on me, won't let me speak with a supervisor, and are making me wait the weekend to cancel my order."

This review was modified by smashola on February 28 2015 10:52:40 AM

"I ordered product in 2 separate orders, one right after the other. Even though the items showed in stock on the website... they were not available. (so I got backordered)

When the products became available, they sent them out.
The packages made it all the way to my city and the post office kicked them back for (Undeliverable Address)

I contacted support and finally they re-submitted.
I just checked and the same thing happened.

Because the packages require a signature IN PERSON. I am having them sent to my business address. There is someone here 24/7 and we get packages everyday.

I do not know what this company is doing to get an undeliverable address.

Issue still un-resolved. and Customer Service will not respond back to me.

"I placed an order on the website. Got denied. Had $111.52 in the bank and the part was 21.98! They say my bank denied payment which is a LIE!!!!!!! I called the bank, who reported the site had received authorization four times for the charge!

HIFIConnection is LYING to consumers! End of story! (Not one star deserved)

Don Kelley OC

"I purchased the 07-12 dual 12 inch subwoofer box for my truck. The only dimensions the description references is the size of the box, the mounting depth, and the air space. It does not provide any other limitations. I bought a subwoofer with the restrictions listed and it did not fit. The diameter of the speaker is too large. The box does not fit a 12.97 inch overall diameter speaker. I would like HIFI Sound to provide further details on the dimensions of the box. To HIFI Sounds credit, they were quick to respond when my speaker box arrived damaged. I believe it was damaged during shipping. They sent me a new box immediately and the lady on the phone was very nice. Additionally, I attempted to leave a constructive review on their website and they would not post it. "

This review was modified by mdw22 on February 11 2015 04:27:55 PM

"Horrible customer service, I placed a order on Oct 23rd with a three day shipping......... that morning on calling I was told that there would be a 3 day handling time, as they didn't have the speaker in stock. The following Monday Oct 27th I received a email stating that while packaging my speaker that it had visible damage. (Lie #1) and they would receive another batch within 3 to 5 days. This would put the shipment around Oct 30th thru Nov 3rd (lie #2) having not received a email I proceeded to email the company with no response. I called on Nov 4th, again getting the run around. The person I talked to said that I would be contacted, I received a email stating it would take another 2 to 4 days till my speaker would be shipped out to me. Again just getting me more angry about their service. I emailed the company about my situation ( I make my living by gigs I play) a and thought it would only be right for this company to overnight me my purchase, this request was denied, saying that it was out of their hands and they would only be able to give me a 10 dollar discount or refund me my total purchase amount. I WARN YOU......... DO NOT ORDER FROM HI FI SOUND CONNECTION! It's been over two weeks and won't receive my purchase till next week THIS IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT! I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM HI FI SOUND CONNECTION AGAIN!!!! This company is a joke....... make a better choice than me and order from a respectable company and not from HI FI SOUND CONNECTION. .... BY THE WAY THE DEDUCTED THE MONEY OVER A WEEK AGO!!
I wish I would of checked the customers complaints before my purchase.

"Paid for two day ship came 8 days later and wouldn't refound shipping charge"

"I ordered a subwoofer with these people on sep 2nd and they send me a used and a different item then picture and also had the worst customer service I had to open a claim with paypal to get refunded. they are very nasty beware stay away they don't care about customers. If anybody needs pictures I have them and I am willing to share look at the other reviews it shows they are not professional. beware of what you buy you might think you are getting it at a great price until you realize its a used item and you have to pay to return it back like myself which I now have to pay over $70 to ship the item."

This review was modified by diazr008 on September 24 2014 10:02:41 AM

"Ordered a product from this site to make an auxiliary-in port for my factory radio to play music from my iPhone. The web site states that I just needed to have a working slave unit like a CD player for the device to work. I ordered the product but I did not have time to install the device right away as I go to school full time and work full time, hence I was waiting to install the device until I was in between semesters when I had time. Once I was in between semesters I installed the device, long story short, the device doesn't work as a factory CD player built into the radio does not count as a slave unit (they should clearly state that on their web site). I called HiFi Sound Connection and they wont do a return or exchange because its past the 30 day return. They say they can not break company policy, so obviously company policy is more important to them than their actual customers. So now I have a $50 paper weight. They said they would give me a discount on my next purchase with them. Why the hell would I ever buy from them again? Buyer beware, you are not as important as company policy. "

Share HiFi Sound Connection's store rating

HiFi Sound Connection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HiFi Sound Connection is not a merchant member
HiFi Sound Connection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!