Stores > HiFi Sound Connection

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-07-06

Do not buy anything from this site

"I have recently bought 212 inch kickers and a 24.1 amp from these guys I had them for 91 days and they said they Would not take them back when they send them to me when they were junk I give them over $1000 and they won't do any kind of business with me to make it right there crooks in or out to take your money and that's it if you even get your stuff you ordered buddy of mine had the same problem give them $500 and he never received an amp or anything and they said he had no records of even purchasing it but he had receipts from his bank saying he bought them"

This review was modified by Natedog915 on July 06 2016 01:44:10 PM

2016-05-22

Cancelled order within 10 minutes, charged 10%!!!

"The company was not transparent about a product being "refurbished", so once I noticed that it was a returb item I emailed a cancellation request. This occurred 10 minutes after the order was submitted and it was 11pm on a Saturday night, meaning it was nowhere near shipment. Yet, I was told I would be charged $17 (10% of the item cost) because I cancelled the order. This is 1) a terrible, non-customer friendly policy to begin with and 2) particularly terrible given the specific circumstances involved here (refurb item not CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY noted, quick cancellation because of that). Do not order from them. They do not understand customer experience, and clearly don't mind offending and ruining customer relations with 1st time shoppers."

This review was modified by BradSummey on May 22 2016 04:29:24 PM

2016-05-15

Worst shopping experience in my life!

"I am a musician (drummer) and have been buying and selling musical instruments for last 10+ years. And I need to say that my buying experience with this company was the worst one in my life.
On March 9th I've placed an order on their website - http://www.hifisoundconnection.com
- Paiste 19 Inch Rude Series Crash/Ride Cymbal with Long Sustain & Integrated Bell Character (1128519)
- Paiste Rude Series 14-Inch Sound Edge Hi-Hat Cymbals with Pronounced Stick Sound (1123114)
- Paiste Rude Series 18-Inch Crash/Ride Cymbal with Strong & Balanced Stick Sound (1128518)
- Paiste 20-Inch Rude Series Novo China Cymbal with Bright & Silky Sound Character (1122520)
All cymbals were "in stock and ready to ship" as it was stated on their website. Paid money in full and were expecting to get all the cymbals as usual in 4-6 business days maximum.
First cymbal was received as expected on Sat 3/12/2016 and it was new. No problems. But after it..
Next parcel was received only on Thu 3/24/2016 and:
- Paiste 20" Rude Novo China Cymbal (1122520) - was fine
- Paiste 14" Rude Sound Edge Hi-Hat Cymbals (1123114) - I've received only bottom cymbal without top one.
- Paiste 18" Crash/Ride Cymbal (1128518) - came with a bent on the edge. Totally damaged.
I've contacted customer support by phone and spend several hours explaining that hi-hat supposed to have top and bottom cymbal and I've received only the bottom one. They told me that they don't have it in stock and this problem should have been caused by unprofessional Paiste warehouse workers who didn't ship 14" top hi-hat cymbal to me and told me that I need to wait until Paiste will send it to me. About the damaged Paiste 18" crash/ride I was told that I need to wait until FedEx will pick it up, deliver it to their warehouse and they will send me the new one. OK. I've been waiting almost 1 week for this pickup, finally they send the replacement to me, but...
On Fri 4/08/2016 - I received new Paiste 18" crash/ride but it again came totally damaged (another cymbal with bent and dents on the edges around the cymbal).
I've contact hifisoundconnection customer support again. They again told me sorry and that I need to send it back for a replacement. And still (as they said) they didn't have any information about Paiste 14" top cymbal from Paiste and they don't have it in stock to ship it to me. I looked through their website and eBay shop and found out that they are selling this 14" top hi-hat cymbal and it was written everywhere "more than 10 pieces in stock" (So they were lying to me during 1 month, saying that they don't have it in stock).
I was angry and after a long talk (it took nearly 1 hour and 30 minutes for them to accept the fact that they have top 14" hi-hat top cymbal in stock) they finally promised (I have screenshots of this chat on their website if you are interested) to send 14" hi-hat top cymbal to me immediately and issue a full refund for 18" crash/ride once they receive damaged one from me (because I've decided to buy it from another shop). OK.
On Tue 4/19/2016 I received 14" top hi-hat and it was not brand new (looked like demo item and was packed and terrible box) but I was happy to get it anyway after almost 2 months of waiting.
I've sent the second damaged 18" crash/ride to them and have been waiting for a full refund (as it was promised by their customer support), but I again.. I was not ready for the surprise... Once they have received it, they have sent me the "new one"!! NOT A REFUND as they promised!
And the most terrible thing is that when I received the third 18" crash-ride from them with big dent on the edge! It was a worst cymbal condition of all 3 cymbals they sent to me!
When I've contacted them and told that I want to get money, not this damaged cymbal I received an answer saying "We can only process a refund within 14 days from the order date as stated in our return policy. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In addition, we can only authorize return within 30 days from the order date. Let us know if you need any further assistance."
So now, after 2 months and a lot of time spend on this guys I have totally damaged cymbal, no money and feeling that I've being ripped of by this guys. I have a feeling that they knew what they were doing and what they were shipping.. It was their plan I guess.
And I also want to say that all shipping boxes were fine, so it is obviously not fault of delivery service. It was packed being already damaged on their warehouse.
I am filling in a lawsuit against them right now. So if anyone had experienced problems with this "company", please contact me.
Never buy from them!

2016-04-20

Stay away, unless you like losing money

"I'd offer zero stars if it were a choice. They have a strong ebay presence, so if there is a way to steer people away from them over there, that'd also be a plus. I ordered (through their website, not ebay) 3 items in total, for around $200. The first item was a 5 channel amplifier for my car which a few days later I received an email stating that their "last item" was "damaged" and that I could get a different amplifier for a mere "$10 upcharge". I figured this was bait and switch, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I just asked them to cancel that part of the order, and they did. They refunded me the entire price of the item minus about a dollar, but I wasn't going to squabble over that. The 2-channel component speakers I ordered came in and look just fine, but I also ordered a 4-channel line output converter and received a 2-channel converter. I immediately (before even opening the packaging) sent them an e-mail, the requested pictures, etc. They sent back to me, "we'd like to offer you a $10 store credit on your next purchase." Right. Like I'm ever going to order from these folks again. After going back and forth with them for over a week now exchanging emails, and finally just asking for a refund of the purchase since it was obvious they weren't ever going to send me my 4-channel converter, they have stopped responding whatsoever.
I'm now filing with the FTC (non-receipt of ordered item), the BBB, and going to places like here, in an effort to steer people away from their business.

STAY AWAY from these guys.

This review was modified by JHammy on April 20 2016 09:22:30 AM

2016-04-05

Got what I ordered !

"I read all these really bad reviews about this company and was very afraid to order from them but I did anyways.
I paid the price that was quoted to me and my product was received the time that it said it was going to be.
My items came in in perfect condition.... the only thing is I had to fabricate just a little bit but made it work with ease.
I had ordered the subwoofer box with 2 12's for a 2004 Chevy Avalanche.
Maybe this review will help :)

2016-03-03

Falsely advertised both the Size and the thickness of subwoofer box's

"I purchased two subwoofer boxes advertised at 4 cubic foot, and one inch mdf. The boxes were in fact only 3.2 cubic foot, and 5/8ths mdf. Upon contact they refused to do nothing about it period. Said they would give me a deal on my next purchase? First time I heard of a company expecting another purchase after refusing to do anything nor admit they sent me out of spec boxes.

Some on year later the add was finally corrected to the exact specifications that I claimed the boxes were.

These people are a plague to be avoided at all costs.

This review was modified by johnplayerson on March 03 2016 05:23:20 AM

2016-02-25

Stay AWAY, they false advertise and you sill spend money and still end up with nothing in the end

"First want to say that the 105% lowest price is false advertising. Found this product much cheaper elsewhere so I called to get it 5% cheaper here and they said they could only match the other price not 5% less since they would be losing money. Sorry to tell this company but that is not good business when that is what is advertised. I ordered it anyway since I was already on the phone. It came in the little flimsy box with a huge hole in the side of it. They didn't double box it like normal business would for any electronics shipped through the mail. I looked it over good and did not see any cosmetic damage so I installed it which took nearly 2 hours to do might I add. Turned it on and the picture on the screen was horrible, worse than the headrest monitors I purchased about 10 years ago and the FM transmitter had a lot of static no matter what channel I changed it too. Since the players did not have built in speakers this was the only way to listen to the sound other than wireless headphones which my kids aren't greatly fond of. So I asked to exchange it. They said they could however they wouldn't have another unit like it back in stock for almost a month, even though their website says they have them in stock, False advertising again, so I asked for them to just refund my card and send me a return label. They refunded my card however I had to ship it back on my own dime even though there return policy for defective items/shipping damage items clearly states returns are at no cost to the customer. So for 2 weeks worth of headache and phone calls and emails and $20 shipping out of my pocket to return it I still have no good working DVD player. I would not recommend this business at all."

This review was modified by ryan3711 on February 25 2016 11:27:27 AM

2016-01-17

They gave me a great deal on a radio, and even backed it with a warranty!

"I can't say enough good about this company. They had the radio I needed, at a good price, made the buying process simple and easy, gave me free shipping and it arrived in 4 days. Radio was in great condition, worked perfectly and even had the mounting brackets still on it! You just cant beat that."

2015-10-21

""They don't keep their word for it. Event Pros BEWARE!"

Ordered lights on Friday and their sales agent said it would be shipped out Monday and I will receive it Thursday with 3 day ground fedex delivery. I specifically said I need the lights by Thursday for an event.

I Emailed and requested for tracking number on Monday. Got a reply saying it would be shipped that night. On Tuesday morning, still no tracking number received. I called by the afternoon and was told the package will be shipped that night. I expressed to the customer svc rep that it is a day LATE and will need it shipped via 2 day ground so it will still be received Thursday. The rep seemed to have no control of the situation and said he will call me back to see what he can do.

I didnt get a call back and I received a tracking number on Tuesday night instead. Found out pkg will be shipped on Friday, which is no use to me since my event is on Thursday night.

This company is a disgrace to the event industry professionals. Rest assured your lack of professionalism and accountability will be known in the whole Tristate area of MD, DC, VA. I sit on the board for all of the event networking groups and my experience will be shared.

My failure to deliver on my client's event on Thursday sits on your reputation.

2015-10-01

"I purchased something last week over the phone.. after a few days, my card was fraudulently used by someone else. beware, this company has a lot of scammers and frauds... especially their manager named Matt and James!"

This review was modified by kickass73 on October 01 2015 03:43:06 AM

2015-08-31

"I searched Google for the Numark PT-01USB Turntable. HiFi Sound Connection came up with the best price at $84.99, while most other retailers were selling it for $99.99. I made the mistake of not reading any reviews, and now that I have, I see that this company uses the same delay tactics regularly. After I placed the order, the following day I received this email from HiFi Sound Connection "Hello, Thank you for doing business with us. The item you purchases and is listed in our website is a version older than the one that is circulating in the market. The item is a bit expensive with improvements and updates from the manufacturer. We can send you the latest version for only $4.99 up-charge. Else we will be more than happy to provide you a refund or store credit. Please get in touch with us. Best Regards," RIDICULOUS. I still figured I'd come out $10 ahead so I did send over the funds along with a reply telling them that they should not have come back to me for the difference because the error was theirs; they should have absorbed it. So... Fast forward 8 days... I check my emails because I haven't (1) received my purchase or (2) received a delivery status. Neither. So I call their customer svc dept and the rep tells me that the item is on back order and should be back in stock in 2-5 weeks!!! SAME SCENARIOS SO MANY OTHERS HAVE ALREADY NOTED. I tell the rep this is completely not acceptable and ask if I can cancel the order at this point. She says yes, I tell her NOT to cancel, but to tell a manager about this situation and that I'd like FREE overnight shipping if I'm going to keep the order with them. Call or email with a reply and I'll decide what to do at that point. That night I get the following email... "We'd like to inform you that we received a notification from the manufacturer that the Numark PT-01USB Turntable Vinyl to MP3 or WAV Converter is sold out until mid-September. We apologize for the inconvenience. Any alternate item in mind? Please advise us on how you would like to proceed." UNBELIEVABLE!!! I was so frustrated with this company I couldn't call them back the next day. I didn't reply to the email and waited a few days while busy with other things. After 5 days passed I finally received an email stating that my item had shipped via FedEx in approx. 3 business days, not the overnight shipping I requested. AVOID THE FRUSTRATION. Order through another retailer even if their price is higher. Not worth the aggravation. Amazon is everybody's competition and if you can't beat them on price OR customer service then you don't deserve to be in business."

This review was modified by at.anom on August 31 2015 12:44:49 PM

2015-08-26

"I ordered a small connector from them and immediately received an email stating that while shipping the part they discovered it was damaged. They stated that there would be a delay while they waited for their supplier to provide a replacement part. After a month of them telling me they should have the part soon, I asked for a refund. I will say this, their customer service responded promptly to all of my emailed inquiries and did provide me a refund in a timely manner; however, I will never order from them again. I do not believe they ever had the part that was "damaged.""

This review was modified by Buyer24 on August 26 2015 08:09:07 AM

2015-08-04

"I found these people quite rude when I asked them questions. If you are not polite to customers, how do you expect to sell anything. I hope you improve"

This review was modified by Tao41 on August 04 2015 03:11:54 AM

2015-05-15

"Great experience, ordered an$800 sub woofer from them and they shipped it right away. speaker was shipped in heavy duty reinforced box with protective inner bag, Speaker is perfect and sounds amazing. would definitely order from them again"

2015-03-28

"I was skeptical about placing my order with HiFi Sound Connection based on the reviews on Reseller Ratings. I don't like to hassle with returns and refunds, but I took a chance and I'm glad I did. I ordered a 12" L7 Kicker to replace the L3 I previously had. I was not disappointed. Service was great, shipped promptly and the price was fantastic. The product was a refurb but looks and was packaged like new. I would do business with them again anytime. Happy customer here. "

Share HiFi Sound Connection's store rating

HiFi Sound Connection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HiFi Sound Connection is not a merchant member
HiFi Sound Connection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!