Stores > Hewlett Packard

• Hewlett Packard

Product & services pricing Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2015-12-23

"HP changes your product spec after you build your pc after you hit pay online. My credit card was charge for a product that I didnt order. I called emailed them they would say they were sorry or change the order TO THE ORDER that was given me online I wanted the desktop I ordered. "

This review was modified by cynthialynn on December 23 2015 09:55:55 AM

2015-10-18

"I lost internet service and called my provider and they referred me to HP. Before they would do anything I had to agree to a charge. The one I picked was only a 14 day guarantee at $99.99 charge to my cc. I talked to Moe who right away said there was nothing he could do for me. I asked for a refund and he said he would put in for it. After 2 months I finally talked to a person named Sherry and she told me as long as they even just talk to you, that's considered working on your PC. Therefor no refund. What happened to there guarantee????? I will never buy another HP.
Ed Stephens

2015-09-17

"Edit: Finally got a call from someone that could explain the situation and offer a solid solution. I bumped up from one to three stars based on HP finally making the situation right. However, as long as there is a call-center barrier where issues are not able to be heard by the proper people of the company, HP will always have frustrated customers and I will keep two stars off for that reason.

Order # H395529548

In all of my years of positive and negative online shopping experiences, I have never encountered a more frustrating and infuriating experience. Long story short, the product I ordered had to be altered because they found an incompatibility (or simply ran out of the item they listed as an option on their order form), they offered to switch the item out for another but offered less than half of what the switch should have been, they then delayed the order twice, finally canceling the order due to a vague reason that I haven't been able to find someone to explain. All the while, I've spent hours on the phone trying to figure out each hurdle with call-center employees in India who give generic spiels and cannot get you ahold of higher level HP employee that can offer real answers and solutions. Not only have I wasted my time, I've had to take the initiative to find out what was going on.

The first delay came with an email notifying me of the delay 3 days after the item was supposed to have shipped. The downgrade, and being offered less than half of what I should have received for the downgrade, required hours of my communication with call-center employees who had to be told time and time again that I was not requesting a discount, but rather proper compensation for the downgrade. After I called to find out why my computer still has not shipped and request a further discount for my troubles, I received an email immediately following that phone call saying that HP has cancelled my order giving a vague and generic explanation. They held my money for over a month and made me waste hours of time resolving their false advertisements, and inabilities to deliver their promised product. And now I'm sitting here with nothing more than a sorry and what was supposed to be a good deal, gone. My rebate will no longer work. I've requested that HP honor the discount and rebate offer, for the same computer which continues to be advertised, but the call-center employees do not have to authority to give that discount. And I'm still waiting for a non-call-center employee to contact me as there's no way I can contact them.

HP has distanced themselves from the customer by using foreign call-center employees as the front line. They've supplied them with American first names and a script to help them sound like they can solve your problem. But unless your problem is the most surface level of issues, you aren't going to get anywhere. They simply don't have the ability to make decisions other than what HP has outlined in their job description. They also cannot describe HPs vague emails about the issues they have making, shipping, and delivery their product. It's a horrible way of doing business and these unfortunate people have to deal with the poor business practices by the HP higher-ups. I've exhausted my abilities to find a a solution and discuss this matter with someone who has any bit of authority. AVOID HP AT ALL COSTS. They don't deserve your business.

This review was modified by GustyWinds on September 17 2015 11:32:11 AM

2015-09-01

"Terrible customer service and warranty. Multiple business desktops with next day on-site warranties. Refused to restore to factory settings on hard drive failure - just blank drive - 'software support' claimed as not covered, even though this is part of the system when purchased.
Next hard drive failure on another machine - told next day...never came, called or contacted - no hard drives in stock unless you have 'next level service contract' - they claim 'best efforts' only. Still waiting...

BEWARE OF HP WARRANTY SUPPORT!!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND NOT DELIVER WARRANTY AS EXPECTED OR EXPRESS - THEY FIND LOOPHOLES FOR EVERYTHING!

This review was modified by DissatisfiedBusinessCustomer on September 01 2015 04:00:46 PM

2015-08-26

"Product Name: ENVY 3D
DONT BUY ANY HP PRODUCTS SUCH COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS ... MY BRAND NEW LAPTOP HAVE ALL KIND OF PROBLEMS ... THEY MAKE ME TO PAY FOR ADDITIONAL SUPPORT $350,THEYR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS THE WORST , THEY CONNECT YOU TO INDIA, THEY TOOK OVER REMOTELY AND THEY DESTROY MY LAPTOP , THEY DONT KNOW WHAT ARE THEY ARE DOING , HP SUPERVISOR WAS DISHONEST ,LIAR, HP ARE THIEFS,THEY ARE GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND FOR 5 MONTHS ,AND ON THE END THE SUPERVISOR TOLD I SHOULD SELL IT ON EBAY AND BUY NEW ONE ,PLUS THEY BLOCK ME ,SO I CANNOT CONTACT THEM ANYMORE, HP IS THIEFS AND LIARS ... DONT TRUST THEM ... THEYR TECHNICAL SUPPORT ARE ALL STUPID AND PEOPLE OFF THE STREETS ...

This review was modified by HPWORST on August 26 2015 07:48:20 AM

2015-07-11

"Just had issues with HP OfficeJet 4620 not printing in black after cartridge change. My printer was YEARS out of warranty, but I gave tech support a call and was willing to pay for fix. Long story short, HP extended the warranty and sent me a replacement printer (with new cartridges) ALL AT NO CHARGE. I've been a long time HP supporter and loved my OfficeJet 4620 - GREAT SERVICE; GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HP did NOT request this review - I'm just thrilled to have received the support I got! Thanks HP! I'll keep buying your products."

2015-06-05

"I had ordered a Desktop with HPonline on 26th May 2015. After about 5 days, I went on to track my order online. The search throws no results. There after, I called up the call centre ( customer helpline) thrice. They kept on repeating that the product is discontinued and I will be intimated over a email. It has been a very poor response from HP.
1) If the product was to be discontinued, it should not have been figured out on the HPonline store
2) They should have been prompt and pro-active in informing this, rather than waiting for me to call thrice.

This review was modified by singhajitm on June 05 2015 02:55:03 AM

2015-06-02

"This company is the WORST! Cheaply made products. Upon purchasing a Pavilion G6 laptop many problems occurred such as:

1. Hard drive crash (warranty) 2 months after purchase!
2. Hard drive crash (Warranty) 3 to 4 months after purchase

(Expired Warranty)

3. Keyboard Keys Not Working (some)
4. Bevel cracked from opening and closing laptop. Glue did not fix.
5. Screen disconnected from hinge.
6. Wires hanging from screen
7.Power Cord Stopped Working (replaced after complaining about shoddy product& refusing to pay for replacement)

Their solution was to pay half cost for repair or purchase new laptop with extended warranty. I think NOT! Their products are nothing more than a money pit to gouge the customers for more. The plastic piece (bevel) that goes around the screen is 52.00! 52.00 for plastic!! I encourage all who has had issues with this company to file a complaint with the State's Attorney General's office.. It's time for a class action suit.

This review was modified by ReallyFedUp on June 02 2015 08:46:11 AM

2015-05-10

"worst laptop you can ever have. buy one and you'll definitely regret it. "

2015-05-04

"I purchased a hp pavilion 23 touchsmart. 4 months after, it wouldn't start up. Hp came to conclusion hard drive was bad. Sent it to hp who replaced the hard drive. The day I received it back, same problem. I called tech who mentioned she didn't understand why they replaced the hard drive, the problem had nothing to do with it. Now they want to replace the motherboard. They refuse to refund or replace my $800.00 desk top. They said after several attempts to fix it, if it isn't solved we can "discuss" a new computer' or refund. I am disgusted that their customers are treated this way. I dint think I am being unreasonable by asking for a new computer. "

This review was modified by pamelaom on May 04 2015 05:09:29 PM

2015-04-28

"Bought an envy 15 touch with a bunch of upgrades - full hd, backlit keyboard, i7 quadcore processor. (I opted to keep the standard 8gb ram, knowing I could upgrade it later - same goes for the standard hard drive). The computer is great. I'm using it to replace my 5 year old hp, and it's just been phenomenal. I bought it directly from hp.com on a promotion ($250 off+free shipping), so I got it for a great price. I did plenty of price shopping (bestbuy, staples, walmart, amazon, etc etc etc) and it was by far cheapest direct - plus I got to customize it. It kind of sucked spending 800 bucks then having to wait 2 weeks, but knowing it was custom and shipped from China, it's really not that big of a deal.

I did have plenty of run-ins with customer service, but because of my own fault. I bought the same laptop twice, but the first time I upgraded to the 5th gen i7 processor (5500u, I think). I blindly upgraded because I thought it would be better. After further investigation, I found out it was only a dual core, and faired less off all around than the 4th gen i7 4820HQ processor. I placed my second order, and returned the first. The return was free, easy, and I had the full amount reimbursed within 3 days of them receiving the computer (on a side note, they did offer me $50 to keep the computer, but where I had already bought the second model, I returned it anyway.). EASY!

I'd highly recommend.

(P.S., sorry this review is very scatter-brained. I'm writing it at work quickly.)

This review was modified by taylor120 on April 28 2015 01:03:44 PM

2015-04-28

"I ordered a monitor that was offered at a discount on hp.com. A few days later I got an email that the order was cancelled. No explanation. I feel that it was just a waste of time placing the order and researching the product just to have the order cancelled in the end."

2015-04-07

"Bought an HP ENVY Phoenix 810st with i7 6-core; I couldn't believe the time it took just to order the thing (direct sales). I couldn't find out stuff that is important to me, such as the watts of the power supply.

The computer came with a bad wifi board, and failed within days to boot up. I literally spent more than 80 hours with (or waiting for) tech support, which proved to be friendly yet incompetent.

When I called HP to say I wanted to return the computer, they were less than helpful. Further, they would not refund my state's sales tax!!! What a scam. Also, their "Customer Care Pack" which promises on-site fixes is simply fraudulent: they DO NOT make on-site fixes; in my case, they sent me a box without a return shipping label.

Horrible company, horrible product, horrible customer service.

2015-03-28

"I recently bought a brand new laptop 15-r230nr from HP. The laptop came severely infected with a virus. Within hours of initially turning it on the virus scan ran and told me that I had 278 infected files! I can hardly work on it for 2 minutes without the page switching to the App screen... Immediately called HP and was told that I had a virus and need to pay an additional $50 to clean it up- this is on the second day of receiving the item!! Had to return it!"

This review was modified by Soju on March 28 2015 10:35:43 AM

2015-03-11

"I recently bought two HP stream notebooks. One has had nothing but viruses they said are associated with trying to download Skype to the laptop. (It already had Skype on the drive). The other one I only had for a week when I closed the lid and the screen broke. They refuse to fix it, not even attempting to give me a discount. They wanted $269 to fix a $200 laptop. I refuse to ever buy an HP again. There products are crap and the customer service is nothing but highway robbers."

Share Hewlett Packard's store rating

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member
Hewlett Packard does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!