Write a review »

"Extremely pained by the service and behaviour of HP. My Envy touch screen Ultrabook crashed 3 weeks back, which I bought in January this year. It came with preloaded Windows 8 OS and they refuse to load the OS without charging me for it. The laptop is under warranty. Best was that the reason given for the crash by the service engineer is 'Monsoons'. Never buy an HP machine. "

modified review This review was modified by pained1 on September 08 2013 10:07:39 PM

"I can not believe how bad the service was. I wanted our company to resell HP products. I have been calling HP for weeks. Every time I call I feel like they push me to tears. When I first called the women didn't know English, she had no one else to speak to me. I called another number, an American answered, but he had no understanding of how to make a new contract but suggested he could transfer me. He did and I got a live person, until he put me on hold and the call was disconnected. I called the number on the HP partners website and they said that they are a whole other company that works for HP and don't have any idea of what to do or who to call. This continued on. It was so stressful. I mean I am so sad and stressed. I may be better off finding another company to work with. I have wasted many valuable days of work and so has my assistant. It is time consuming and costly dealing with them."

"I bought a HP CM-1015 multi-function printer/scanner/copier several years ago. It worked fine when connected to a WindowsXP print server. When I upgraded the XP to Windows 7 (about three years ago), I could not find a driver for it, so I waited, waited, and waited more. Today is September 3, 2013, I installed the newest posted driver that I downloaded from the HP’s website, and it still does not work: It only prints black-and-white, not color. I am not even asking to have all the functions of the machine to work, just the printer part, is this too much for HP?

I am very disappointed at the HP product and its service. I bought the HP brand because I thought I would get a great product with great service. What I got is the opposite. Now, I am looking at this almost new machine (it has not been used much in the past years) and wondering: Should I get rid of it ($500+ when purchased) and get another brand? It is really a waste of money and time.

"Terrible experience. Ordered a laptop online. In two weeks they have delayed shipment for another two weeks. It was unacceptable.
But they simply refused to cancel it - a clear violation of the FTC mail order rule. Had to charge back my credit card and refuse the shipment

"Again another worst ever review. Hp does not seem to employ a single fluent English speaking person. This should be the most basic requirement of employment. At best 50% of words spoken are close enough to interpret. Their understanding English is even worse. Took 3 months to get them to understand I had a a defective hard disk bearing that would start to vibrate making a chattering noise before going to blue screen "Boot disk not found or has failed" The wonderful support of Hp determined that this was caused by loose case screws. WTF? Trying to follow their communications they often stop mid sentence like they fell asleep on the phone. Then after asking to continue they reply please hold...............................then forget you were waiting on them. They will then repeat the same information they said 5 min ago. Wait again for pause ask them to continue....Nothing. Ask again.... they repeat themselves. Assure them that you have understood that they will send a confirmation email..... Oh, the call is over and good day. Thank you for clarifying that after 20min of holding."

modified review This review was modified by Build_your_own on August 22 2013 01:39:53 PM

"I sure wish I would have read these reviews before I bought this laptop. it lasted 3 wks . before it died , had to send it in to get fixed. they kept promising that I would have it in a couple of days, which has turned into weeks, product not good and dealing with them thru this whole mess was worse, I will never by this product again!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by eileen855 on August 20 2013 10:58:30 AM

"Absolutely HORRIBLE product and customer service!!! Dreadful!

Product Complaint: My HP Pavillion touchsmart Laptop is junk. I bought it 3 months ago and already the power cord, USB AND moniter have failed. I've had to mess with customer service TWICE trying to get these things fixed.

Customer Service Complaint: With the first service, that of a new AC adapter the service was okay. But no one seems to speak english and it gives you a very "Scammy" vibe. I hated giving my credit card number to this scammy feeling guy so I gave him a prepaid visa gift card number instead. On the 2nd service (failing monotier and USB) I send them my laptop over a month ago. On 7/31 I got a call saying they'd fixed the problem and I'd get my laptop back by the latest 8/2. 8/2 rolls around, no laptop. So I call them. Oh, they forgot to send it.. I'll get it by 8/5.. So 8/5 rolls around, no laptop. I call. I'll get it by 8/8. I then email as well. 8/8. I ask for SURE I'll get it 8/8? Yes.. 8/8 rolls around.. I email. No laptop. The person says you'll get it today. 8/9 rolls around, no laptop.. I contact. They tell me I'll get it 8/8... 8/8 was yesterday... unless they're going to time travel and send it. It will NOT get there by 8/8!!!!! Hello stupid HP people!!!! So I email back.. Yesterday is 8/8.... I didn't get it.. They email back. "WE can't help you by email. You need to call." So I call.. I get hung up on.. I call back.. and am told You'll get it 8/19. I ask if they are SURE this time and why it's taking so long. They tell me the repair had a short and they had to order a new part. I ask if the laptop is fixed NOW. No. It's not fixed. But I'll get it by 8/19.. FOR SURE?!?! Yes.. so I guess I'll be calling back on 8/19 asking where the heck it is. I've never been so lead around before. HP!!! Fire everyone and get some people who actually know how to tell time and can speak english.. you're opperation is a joke!!

modified review This review was modified by faiyth on August 09 2013 07:50:14 AM

"I got desktop PC. When I first powered it on, it displayed a message requesting that I accept a license agreement for Windows 8. For various reasons I do not agree to the terms of the Windows 8 End License Agreement (EULA). I have not used any of the pre-installed software. I did not ask HP for refund for windows 8 - I just asked for exchange to windows 7. HP refused me to exchange even. On my opinion HP avoided costumer rights and miss sold their products. People had many cases in the courts on that matter and refund their money for unused their preinstalled operating systems. Check on google "Bundling of Microsoft Windows".

My previous desktop seller 4 years ago sold PC with Windows Vista and with ability to upgrade to Windows XP (Windows XP recovery disc inside the box). HP does not provide this upgrade and my rating for HP is low.

"Called HP Support for help with printer. "Shawn" was incredibly rude and arrogant. I wasn't comfortable allowing him remote access to my computer and was hung up on immediately. Will do everything to avoid buying another HP printer."

modified review This review was modified by DPaul2164 on July 16 2013 04:35:21 PM

"HP Probook 4540s I have had two new Probooks in 30 days. The mousepad does not work on either one. This seems to be a problem with Pavilions too.

Further the hard drive on my latest replacement is bad. Literally thousands of disc errors on a new machine.

Don't buy it.

modified review This review was modified by aaetar on July 06 2013 01:27:15 PM

"The worst customer service ever. Completely incompetent. I tried to buy a laptop, they declined 4 transaction in a row but they put a hold on 2 credit cards. Now I have a problem with releasing blocked money because every employee says he or she is not authorized. To top it up they constantly lie about different reasons for declining which obviously are not true e.g. mismatch of addresses or bank fault paypal fault etc. Nothing to speak of, I have enough. Good advise forget about HP and go for a different brand, I will do the same."

"Hewlett Packard is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I cannot afford to purchase their brand of printer cartridges, so have been using remanufactured brands. They have been working for close to 5 years with no problem. Apparently, HP can now shut your home printer down if you do not use their brand of cartridges! Unbelievable! I would NOT complain to them if the printer were to break due to using remanufactured cartridges. It's my business what kind of cartridges I use. Are they going to tell me what kind of paper I can print on next?! The customer support guy said "I was lucky they worked." I find it APPALLING that they can and CHOOSE to do this to customers who have purchased their printers. I will NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER HP PRODUCT AGAIN AND WILL SPREAD THE WORD FAR AND WIDE!"

modified review This review was modified by Vicksterniner on April 27 2013 09:38:02 AM

"Does not honor warranty.

I am on my fourth notebook from HP - they keep breaking and I've had to go months without my computer.

My latest problem is a defective wireless card. I jumped through all the phone support hoops this morning. The last step was that they wanted me to restore my computer. Completely unreasonable. I would have had to backup everything, reinstall windows, and then reinstall all my settings, programs, and files. Hours of work. And for what reason? The problem was obvious - a bad network card.

And what was the cost to them if I was wrong? The retail price for the network adapter is $36. If that hadn't been the problem, they would have received my original network card, used it in another machine, and been out only the cost of shipping. Instead, they wanted to waste hours and hours of my time for something that clearly wasn't the problem.

Sadly, I'll have to give HP another $36 for this part (currently using a USB wireless card that solves the problem).

The reputation is true. HP has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Truly awful.

If any HP representatives are reading this, my service ticket number was 8065520999.

I plan to make this experience known as widely as possible.

modified review This review was modified by ComputerUser10025 on March 23 2013 09:22:06 AM

"been on hold for 100 minutes with Vivek in India and nothing is resolved! HP support is terrible"

"Just got off of my 10th call to tech support today. No one I spoke to was proficient in English. I bought a little laptop a couple of years ago just to run Quickbooks. I never tried to remove the battery before today and it is stuck. The girls I spoke to could not understand what I was saying. After finally reaching someone who could sort of understand the problem she insisted upon obtaining much personal information (yes, I made it up) only to tell me the computer needed to be sent in for repair. Why did she waste 25 minutes of my time to do this instead of just telling me she could not help right off the bat? I need to purchase 20 computers for my business. They certainly will not be HP's. What a fucked up operation. "

modified review This review was modified by meowmytushie on February 28 2013 07:23:38 PM

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member
Hewlett Packard does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!