Product & services pricing Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"Got a HP Pavilion 2 to 3 years ago as a gift.
The GPU it came with had the default drivers, and I could not update them through AMD. Contacting AMD they said it is because HP locks their hardware/software to where drivers can only be updated from the HP website.
Went to the HP website to update, of course there is only the default drivers. Contacting HP, they told me they will not update the drivers until the old ones are "unusable", which they were to play even the least graphically intensive games. It felt like I was running on on-board graphics.
So I bought an NVIDIA 650 ti. No problems there.

Fast forward 2 years, I buy a new PSU and an NVIDIA 760. Computer won't recognize the card, and after researching I found out that the bios would need to be updated to accept newer generation graphics cards.
Again, contacting HP, they said they will not release updates because the old ones work fine, and, I quote,
"If you want to use better hardware you will need to buy a new computer."

So they want me to spend $1500 or more just to be able to update drivers and software.
No thanks.

Right now I'm using my 5 year old Acer Predator, installed all my new parts, works perfectly fine.

never buying a Hp product again.

modified review This review was modified by sonswe on January 26 2015 05:09:27 PM

"Customer service representative was very rude. Purchased hp 8.0 for daughter's present May, 2014. Had problems right outta box. Sent back with me paying $25 dollar's for shipping, so in total $375.00 for laptop she only had 3 months. Laptop messed up again with in 1 month of it being "fixed." Now January, 2015 HP rep saying it's software malfunction and that not covered in warranty! $160.00 more $$ for a piece-of-junk my daughter hasn't even had a year! I'm done with HP. Sad how America is being ran by a bunch of crooks' who do not mind to take, take, take and pay no mind to the bad service and crap they selling. I will continue to give reviews on your lack of interest, HP maie.daie@Gmail.com

modified review This review was modified by bbadfish on January 23 2015 06:34:22 AM

"Bought an under a year old laptop as the 2nd owner from eBay. 2 years later I've had to send it in 4 times for repairs totaling over the cost I even paid for the laptop ($750) because it was always out of warranty when I had to fix it. Now after getting it back and wiped every time with a new Windows install it is slower than it was when I sent it in. Now they want to charge me $180 a year for software support when I know I will just have to do another fresh install Windows and hope that works.
They would even give me a 50% discount on repairs which still totaled over $200 each time. I really concerned about this and this is just gouging and they need to need to be fined, investigated, take care of their customers properly.

"Updated My Hp Envy With Hp Support assistant which updated my system to a corupted bios software which rendered my computer useless as my computer would not start, and of course all the online customer support didn't work on my computer. Causing me to have to send it in to hp for repairs which could take 3-4 weeks computer due to hps incompetence."

modified review This review was modified by gypsie on January 09 2015 05:16:38 PM

"Hi,

Regarding issue with my HP laptop, for that i went to service center for my issue resolution having details:

HP Case ID #: 4743375558
Product description: HP Pavilion 15-n039tx Notebook PC Product number: F3Z89PA Serial number: 5CD3401SS6 Problem description:HP Pavilion 15-n039TX NB PC ALL --- Display Flickering and White Display issue

And i got following reply in my mail:

Dear Ms. Puja,

Good Evening…….!

This is to inform you that your concern regarding Display white Pixel. This is not qualified to replace and it is not assumed as Functional or physical failure hence case is not eligible for spare replacement.

Pls collect your notebook.

Warm Regards,

Jay Narayan Sharma | M: 8130496892|93

Jabil Global Services India(P)Ltd

F-5-20, 5th flr,Plt.No-6,Wave Silver Tower,Sector18,Noida-201301

E-mail : Jay.Narayan@iqor.com

In Case of any feedback / not Satisfied with my Response. You may contact to my manager mr.Norat Kumawat (+917042596010; E-mail : Norat.Kumawat@iqor.com)

Before that i went to pick my laptop they didn't resolved my issue and misguiding me.

i got worst response from your service center, they dont know how to behave with customer.

Very bad experience with Hp laptop and your service center.
Kindly help me out.

Thanks
Puja Kumari
pujacs60@gmail.com

"Wow, I had impression that HP is one of the best companies. Its worst than any worst companies out there. No customer service. No chat or by phone service available today 11:17 AM EST December 13th 2014. I placed an order yesterday and its showing as cancelled. I no need to inquire about this I guess...."

modified review This review was modified by nisharajesh on December 13 2014 08:21:46 AM

"TWO COMPANIES THAT I HAVE HATED THE MOST IS OVERSTOCK.COM AND HP. ALMOST 20 CALLS TO THEM FOR A COMPLETE REFUND AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT."

"Hewlett Packard is producing some of the worst products I have ever seen. Purchased one in 2013 with the standard one year warranty. At just 14 months, the worthless junk goes blank one day and never returns. Took it to a local comp guy and he had four of the same make and model sitting on his desk. All of them trash!!!"

modified review This review was modified by mommyz3 on December 04 2014 08:14:28 PM

"I have several HP products and for the most part they are reliable. I've tried to order two items from HP.com on two separate occasions with the same exact experience. They offer a product for sale, and supply you with a code on the product page that reduces the price of the item. They you are forced to go through a lengthly check out procedure and the order is accepted. A confirmation e-mail is received and checking with my credit card company, the card is charged. Either several days or in the case of the second order, the items was cancelled. The second order resulted in calling HP. The representative claimed that there were only 500 items in stock and thousands of accepted orders came in. They basically cancelled all orders over the initial 500 and refunded those beyond that keeping the money in their possession for an additional 7 days. Great scam to make interest on thousands of orders exceeding potentially a half million dollars. Kala from the Philipines (HP Customer Service) was totally useless to the complaint and acted as though HP was doing me a favor in refunding the monies I paid for the item."

"Horrible customer service, talked to different people that couldnt understand me, and they didnt not speak english. HP customer service is awful, they are rude and disrecptful. I was supposed to be charged a one time fee and they are still taking money out of my account. They keep telling me i signed a contract ( which i did not do) i have tried to have the problem solved on several occasions. And still no luck. HP customer service is a fraud, and i would never reccommed this service to anyone. "

"Worst customer service experience I have ever had. They told me my call would be sent to higher authority on 3 seperate occasions, never happened. Hung up on me once, and refused my refund even with me being able to receive one after only having the laptop for 2 weeks. Never ordering an HP product again."

modified review This review was modified by canucksftp on November 04 2014 08:31:24 AM

"Extremely pained by the service and behaviour of HP. My Envy touch screen Ultrabook crashed 3 weeks back, which I bought in January this year. It came with preloaded Windows 8 OS and they refuse to load the OS without charging me for it. The laptop is under warranty. Best was that the reason given for the crash by the service engineer is 'Monsoons'. Never buy an HP machine. "

modified review This review was modified by pained1 on September 08 2013 10:07:39 PM

"I can not believe how bad the service was. I wanted our company to resell HP products. I have been calling HP for weeks. Every time I call I feel like they push me to tears. When I first called the women didn't know English, she had no one else to speak to me. I called another number, an American answered, but he had no understanding of how to make a new contract but suggested he could transfer me. He did and I got a live person, until he put me on hold and the call was disconnected. I called the number on the HP partners website and they said that they are a whole other company that works for HP and don't have any idea of what to do or who to call. This continued on. It was so stressful. I mean I am so sad and stressed. I may be better off finding another company to work with. I have wasted many valuable days of work and so has my assistant. It is time consuming and costly dealing with them."

"I bought a HP CM-1015 multi-function printer/scanner/copier several years ago. It worked fine when connected to a WindowsXP print server. When I upgraded the XP to Windows 7 (about three years ago), I could not find a driver for it, so I waited, waited, and waited more. Today is September 3, 2013, I installed the newest posted driver that I downloaded from the HP’s website, and it still does not work: It only prints black-and-white, not color. I am not even asking to have all the functions of the machine to work, just the printer part, is this too much for HP?

I am very disappointed at the HP product and its service. I bought the HP brand because I thought I would get a great product with great service. What I got is the opposite. Now, I am looking at this almost new machine (it has not been used much in the past years) and wondering: Should I get rid of it ($500+ when purchased) and get another brand? It is really a waste of money and time.

"Terrible experience. Ordered a laptop online. In two weeks they have delayed shipment for another two weeks. It was unacceptable.
But they simply refused to cancel it - a clear violation of the FTC mail order rule. Had to charge back my credit card and refuse the shipment

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member
Hewlett Packard does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!