• Hewlett Packard

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.32/10 2.32/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.27/10 3.27/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Terrible customer service and warranty. Multiple business desktops with next day on-site warranties. Refused to restore to factory settings on hard drive failure - just blank drive - 'software support' claimed as not covered, even though this is part of the system when purchased.
Next hard drive failure on another machine - told next day...never came, called or contacted - no hard drives in stock unless you have 'next level service contract' - they claim 'best efforts' only. Still waiting...

BEWARE OF HP WARRANTY SUPPORT!!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND NOT DELIVER WARRANTY AS EXPECTED OR EXPRESS - THEY FIND LOOPHOLES FOR EVERYTHING!

This review was modified by DissatisfiedBusinessCustomer on September 01 2015 04:00:46 PM

"Product Name: ENVY 3D
DONT BUY ANY HP PRODUCTS SUCH COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS ... MY BRAND NEW LAPTOP HAVE ALL KIND OF PROBLEMS ... THEY MAKE ME TO PAY FOR ADDITIONAL SUPPORT $350,THEYR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS THE WORST , THEY CONNECT YOU TO INDIA, THEY TOOK OVER REMOTELY AND THEY DESTROY MY LAPTOP , THEY DONT KNOW WHAT ARE THEY ARE DOING , HP SUPERVISOR WAS DISHONEST ,LIAR, HP ARE THIEFS,THEY ARE GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND FOR 5 MONTHS ,AND ON THE END THE SUPERVISOR TOLD I SHOULD SELL IT ON EBAY AND BUY NEW ONE ,PLUS THEY BLOCK ME ,SO I CANNOT CONTACT THEM ANYMORE, HP IS THIEFS AND LIARS ... DONT TRUST THEM ... THEYR TECHNICAL SUPPORT ARE ALL STUPID AND PEOPLE OFF THE STREETS ...

This review was modified by HPWORST on August 26 2015 07:48:20 AM

"Just had issues with HP OfficeJet 4620 not printing in black after cartridge change. My printer was YEARS out of warranty, but I gave tech support a call and was willing to pay for fix. Long story short, HP extended the warranty and sent me a replacement printer (with new cartridges) ALL AT NO CHARGE. I've been a long time HP supporter and loved my OfficeJet 4620 - GREAT SERVICE; GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HP did NOT request this review - I'm just thrilled to have received the support I got! Thanks HP! I'll keep buying your products."

"I had ordered a Desktop with HPonline on 26th May 2015. After about 5 days, I went on to track my order online. The search throws no results. There after, I called up the call centre ( customer helpline) thrice. They kept on repeating that the product is discontinued and I will be intimated over a email. It has been a very poor response from HP.
1) If the product was to be discontinued, it should not have been figured out on the HPonline store
2) They should have been prompt and pro-active in informing this, rather than waiting for me to call thrice.

This review was modified by singhajitm on June 05 2015 02:55:03 AM

"This company is the WORST! Cheaply made products. Upon purchasing a Pavilion G6 laptop many problems occurred such as:

1. Hard drive crash (warranty) 2 months after purchase!
2. Hard drive crash (Warranty) 3 to 4 months after purchase

(Expired Warranty)

3. Keyboard Keys Not Working (some)
4. Bevel cracked from opening and closing laptop. Glue did not fix.
5. Screen disconnected from hinge.
6. Wires hanging from screen
7.Power Cord Stopped Working (replaced after complaining about shoddy product& refusing to pay for replacement)

Their solution was to pay half cost for repair or purchase new laptop with extended warranty. I think NOT! Their products are nothing more than a money pit to gouge the customers for more. The plastic piece (bevel) that goes around the screen is 52.00! 52.00 for plastic!! I encourage all who has had issues with this company to file a complaint with the State's Attorney General's office.. It's time for a class action suit.

This review was modified by ReallyFedUp on June 02 2015 08:46:11 AM

"worst laptop you can ever have. buy one and you'll definitely regret it. "

"I purchased a hp pavilion 23 touchsmart. 4 months after, it wouldn't start up. Hp came to conclusion hard drive was bad. Sent it to hp who replaced the hard drive. The day I received it back, same problem. I called tech who mentioned she didn't understand why they replaced the hard drive, the problem had nothing to do with it. Now they want to replace the motherboard. They refuse to refund or replace my $800.00 desk top. They said after several attempts to fix it, if it isn't solved we can "discuss" a new computer' or refund. I am disgusted that their customers are treated this way. I dint think I am being unreasonable by asking for a new computer. "

This review was modified by pamelaom on May 04 2015 05:09:29 PM

"Bought an envy 15 touch with a bunch of upgrades - full hd, backlit keyboard, i7 quadcore processor. (I opted to keep the standard 8gb ram, knowing I could upgrade it later - same goes for the standard hard drive). The computer is great. I'm using it to replace my 5 year old hp, and it's just been phenomenal. I bought it directly from hp.com on a promotion ($250 off+free shipping), so I got it for a great price. I did plenty of price shopping (bestbuy, staples, walmart, amazon, etc etc etc) and it was by far cheapest direct - plus I got to customize it. It kind of sucked spending 800 bucks then having to wait 2 weeks, but knowing it was custom and shipped from China, it's really not that big of a deal.

I did have plenty of run-ins with customer service, but because of my own fault. I bought the same laptop twice, but the first time I upgraded to the 5th gen i7 processor (5500u, I think). I blindly upgraded because I thought it would be better. After further investigation, I found out it was only a dual core, and faired less off all around than the 4th gen i7 4820HQ processor. I placed my second order, and returned the first. The return was free, easy, and I had the full amount reimbursed within 3 days of them receiving the computer (on a side note, they did offer me $50 to keep the computer, but where I had already bought the second model, I returned it anyway.). EASY!

I'd highly recommend.

(P.S., sorry this review is very scatter-brained. I'm writing it at work quickly.)

This review was modified by taylor120 on April 28 2015 01:03:44 PM

"I ordered a monitor that was offered at a discount on hp.com. A few days later I got an email that the order was cancelled. No explanation. I feel that it was just a waste of time placing the order and researching the product just to have the order cancelled in the end."

"Bought an HP ENVY Phoenix 810st with i7 6-core; I couldn't believe the time it took just to order the thing (direct sales). I couldn't find out stuff that is important to me, such as the watts of the power supply.

The computer came with a bad wifi board, and failed within days to boot up. I literally spent more than 80 hours with (or waiting for) tech support, which proved to be friendly yet incompetent.

When I called HP to say I wanted to return the computer, they were less than helpful. Further, they would not refund my state's sales tax!!! What a scam. Also, their "Customer Care Pack" which promises on-site fixes is simply fraudulent: they DO NOT make on-site fixes; in my case, they sent me a box without a return shipping label.

Horrible company, horrible product, horrible customer service.

"I recently bought a brand new laptop 15-r230nr from HP. The laptop came severely infected with a virus. Within hours of initially turning it on the virus scan ran and told me that I had 278 infected files! I can hardly work on it for 2 minutes without the page switching to the App screen... Immediately called HP and was told that I had a virus and need to pay an additional $50 to clean it up- this is on the second day of receiving the item!! Had to return it!"

This review was modified by Soju on March 28 2015 10:35:43 AM

"I recently bought two HP stream notebooks. One has had nothing but viruses they said are associated with trying to download Skype to the laptop. (It already had Skype on the drive). The other one I only had for a week when I closed the lid and the screen broke. They refuse to fix it, not even attempting to give me a discount. They wanted $269 to fix a $200 laptop. I refuse to ever buy an HP again. There products are crap and the customer service is nothing but highway robbers."

"Dear HP I am writing to you in concerns for your inflated costs of repair. Last week my husband's laptop had a unfortunate defect that caused the LCD crystal in the screen to fracture- not outside portion of the screen which protects this delicate part, but the interior piece. He spoke to your Indian support staff who informed us we would have to pay for this part and repair as it was not covered under your manufacturer warranty. Understandably we were a bit annoyed but could understand. What made it a bit more annoying was the fact when asked the cost we were quoted $245 - $399. Now we only paid $300 for the laptop so we began to question how the screen could cost as much if not more than the motherboard, 8 gigs of ram, quad core processors, and terabyte hard drive. Unfortunately such questions don't translate well from English as it was glossed over twice. Taking it with a grain of salt I did some research. We bought the part new in package for $53.67 including priority 2 day shipping. To install the part took my husband about 5 minutes. Most of that just figuring out how to get the plastic screen shell off. Not easy mind you- great job on getting that thing secure. So, my question is if I paid a repair man at let's say $50 an hour to do this I would be out about $80 total for the whole thing. Where the hell does the other $200 - $300 come into play? If shipping to India where your sweatshop laborers can do the repairs costs that much I suggest you move those jobs back to the states cause shipping and handling is much cheaper domestic fyi. Also, thank you for your over inflated repair pricing. My husband is much happier with having had the opportunity to choose between glossy and matte screen types."

This review was modified by sparton83 on March 08 2015 08:54:26 PM

"Just got support for my hp Envy 4500 e all in one printer from Tushant - he got everything up and running perfectly, gave me a shortcut to keep things simple - that's why I'm a loyal hp customer - products and service can't be beat!"

This review was modified by datlas on March 04 2015 08:47:52 PM

"Absolutely shocking customer service! My HP 7 won't charge after on having it for 13 months, cost £99 cost to repair £135!!! Then they tried to sell me a new one, you must be joking never buying HP again, avoid at all costs! Customer service ERM NONE AT ALL!"

Share Hewlett Packard's store rating

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member
Hewlett Packard does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!