• Hewlett Packard

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.59/10 0.59/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.32/10 1.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.68/10 0.68/10

"Bought an HP ENVY Phoenix 810st with i7 6-core; I couldn't believe the time it took just to order the thing (direct sales). I couldn't find out stuff that is important to me, such as the watts of the power supply.

The computer came with a bad wifi board, and failed within days to boot up. I literally spent more than 80 hours with (or waiting for) tech support, which proved to be friendly yet incompetent.

When I called HP to say I wanted to return the computer, they were less than helpful. Further, they would not refund my state's sales tax!!! What a scam. Also, their "Customer Care Pack" which promises on-site fixes is simply fraudulent: they DO NOT make on-site fixes; in my case, they sent me a box without a return shipping label.

Horrible company, horrible product, horrible customer service.

"I recently bought a brand new laptop 15-r230nr from HP. The laptop came severely infected with a virus. Within hours of initially turning it on the virus scan ran and told me that I had 278 infected files! I can hardly work on it for 2 minutes without the page switching to the App screen... Immediately called HP and was told that I had a virus and need to pay an additional $50 to clean it up- this is on the second day of receiving the item!! Had to return it!"

modified review This review was modified by Soju on March 28 2015 10:35:43 AM

"I recently bought two HP stream notebooks. One has had nothing but viruses they said are associated with trying to download Skype to the laptop. (It already had Skype on the drive). The other one I only had for a week when I closed the lid and the screen broke. They refuse to fix it, not even attempting to give me a discount. They wanted $269 to fix a $200 laptop. I refuse to ever buy an HP again. There products are crap and the customer service is nothing but highway robbers."

"Dear HP I am writing to you in concerns for your inflated costs of repair. Last week my husband's laptop had a unfortunate defect that caused the LCD crystal in the screen to fracture- not outside portion of the screen which protects this delicate part, but the interior piece. He spoke to your Indian support staff who informed us we would have to pay for this part and repair as it was not covered under your manufacturer warranty. Understandably we were a bit annoyed but could understand. What made it a bit more annoying was the fact when asked the cost we were quoted $245 - $399. Now we only paid $300 for the laptop so we began to question how the screen could cost as much if not more than the motherboard, 8 gigs of ram, quad core processors, and terabyte hard drive. Unfortunately such questions don't translate well from English as it was glossed over twice. Taking it with a grain of salt I did some research. We bought the part new in package for $53.67 including priority 2 day shipping. To install the part took my husband about 5 minutes. Most of that just figuring out how to get the plastic screen shell off. Not easy mind you- great job on getting that thing secure. So, my question is if I paid a repair man at let's say $50 an hour to do this I would be out about $80 total for the whole thing. Where the hell does the other $200 - $300 come into play? If shipping to India where your sweatshop laborers can do the repairs costs that much I suggest you move those jobs back to the states cause shipping and handling is much cheaper domestic fyi. Also, thank you for your over inflated repair pricing. My husband is much happier with having had the opportunity to choose between glossy and matte screen types."

modified review This review was modified by sparton83 on March 08 2015 08:54:26 PM

"Just got support for my hp Envy 4500 e all in one printer from Tushant - he got everything up and running perfectly, gave me a shortcut to keep things simple - that's why I'm a loyal hp customer - products and service can't be beat!"

modified review This review was modified by datlas on March 04 2015 08:47:52 PM

"Absolutely shocking customer service! My HP 7 won't charge after on having it for 13 months, cost £99 cost to repair £135!!! Then they tried to sell me a new one, you must be joking never buying HP again, avoid at all costs! Customer service ERM NONE AT ALL!"

"Had HP.com custom build a HP Envy 17t notebook for me and it took about a month to get here. Once I received the notbook and set it up it crashed a would not turn back on. I called HP customer support and could not understand the first three people i talked to. The first one did not even know what a hard drive was. About an hour and a half later I was escalated up to a person that spoke well english. I explained what my new Envy 17t was doing and she gave me two numbers to call. The first person I talked to was hard to understand and couldnt understand me neither. She bassically read the options that i upgraded and said that I would have to pay an additional thousand ($965) to receieve another notebook which they already had my money from the last one. Called the second number and they told me that the previous lady didnt even put in an order for me like she told me. This gentleman went over alll my upgrades and said they would have my order on the way as soon as my defected notebook was returned and sent me a label.He said my order should arrive around Feb. 12th. Not trusting HP after they ran me through the ropes, I called back two days later all to find out that an order has not been created in my name and they would have to refund my money first and that I do not recieve the discount from purchasing before a certain date. I was lied through the whole process all the way until the end. I still do not even trust what I was told on the last phone conversation. I spent approximately 6 hours on the phone with customer service. I can see why the HP customer service is rated F. I chose to have HP custom build me a notebook to advoid having tech issues and not to have to deal with the drama. I was wrong and now I had to drop another couple classes at college because HP is not dependable. Do not buy HP."

"Got a HP Pavilion 2 to 3 years ago as a gift.
The GPU it came with had the default drivers, and I could not update them through AMD. Contacting AMD they said it is because HP locks their hardware/software to where drivers can only be updated from the HP website.
Went to the HP website to update, of course there is only the default drivers. Contacting HP, they told me they will not update the drivers until the old ones are "unusable", which they were to play even the least graphically intensive games. It felt like I was running on on-board graphics.
So I bought an NVIDIA 650 ti. No problems there.

Fast forward 2 years, I buy a new PSU and an NVIDIA 760. Computer won't recognize the card, and after researching I found out that the bios would need to be updated to accept newer generation graphics cards.
Again, contacting HP, they said they will not release updates because the old ones work fine, and, I quote,
"If you want to use better hardware you will need to buy a new computer."

So they want me to spend $1500 or more just to be able to update drivers and software.
No thanks.

Right now I'm using my 5 year old Acer Predator, installed all my new parts, works perfectly fine.

never buying a Hp product again.

modified review This review was modified by sonswe on January 26 2015 05:09:27 PM

"Customer service representative was very rude. Purchased hp 8.0 for daughter's present May, 2014. Had problems right outta box. Sent back with me paying $25 dollar's for shipping, so in total $375.00 for laptop she only had 3 months. Laptop messed up again with in 1 month of it being "fixed." Now January, 2015 HP rep saying it's software malfunction and that not covered in warranty! $160.00 more $$ for a piece-of-junk my daughter hasn't even had a year! I'm done with HP. Sad how America is being ran by a bunch of crooks' who do not mind to take, take, take and pay no mind to the bad service and crap they selling. I will continue to give reviews on your lack of interest, HP maie.daie@Gmail.com

modified review This review was modified by bbadfish on January 23 2015 06:34:22 AM

"Bought an under a year old laptop as the 2nd owner from eBay. 2 years later I've had to send it in 4 times for repairs totaling over the cost I even paid for the laptop ($750) because it was always out of warranty when I had to fix it. Now after getting it back and wiped every time with a new Windows install it is slower than it was when I sent it in. Now they want to charge me $180 a year for software support when I know I will just have to do another fresh install Windows and hope that works.
They would even give me a 50% discount on repairs which still totaled over $200 each time. I really concerned about this and this is just gouging and they need to need to be fined, investigated, take care of their customers properly.

"Updated My Hp Envy With Hp Support assistant which updated my system to a corupted bios software which rendered my computer useless as my computer would not start, and of course all the online customer support didn't work on my computer. Causing me to have to send it in to hp for repairs which could take 3-4 weeks computer due to hps incompetence."

modified review This review was modified by gypsie on January 09 2015 05:16:38 PM

"Hi,

Regarding issue with my HP laptop, for that i went to service center for my issue resolution having details:

HP Case ID #: 4743375558
Product description: HP Pavilion 15-n039tx Notebook PC Product number: F3Z89PA Serial number: 5CD3401SS6 Problem description:HP Pavilion 15-n039TX NB PC ALL --- Display Flickering and White Display issue

And i got following reply in my mail:

Dear Ms. Puja,

Good Evening…….!

This is to inform you that your concern regarding Display white Pixel. This is not qualified to replace and it is not assumed as Functional or physical failure hence case is not eligible for spare replacement.

Pls collect your notebook.

Warm Regards,

Jay Narayan Sharma | M: 8130496892|93

Jabil Global Services India(P)Ltd

F-5-20, 5th flr,Plt.No-6,Wave Silver Tower,Sector18,Noida-201301

E-mail : Jay.Narayan@iqor.com

In Case of any feedback / not Satisfied with my Response. You may contact to my manager mr.Norat Kumawat (+917042596010; E-mail : Norat.Kumawat@iqor.com)

Before that i went to pick my laptop they didn't resolved my issue and misguiding me.

i got worst response from your service center, they dont know how to behave with customer.

Very bad experience with Hp laptop and your service center.
Kindly help me out.

Thanks
Puja Kumari
pujacs60@gmail.com

"Wow, I had impression that HP is one of the best companies. Its worst than any worst companies out there. No customer service. No chat or by phone service available today 11:17 AM EST December 13th 2014. I placed an order yesterday and its showing as cancelled. I no need to inquire about this I guess...."

modified review This review was modified by nisharajesh on December 13 2014 08:21:46 AM

"TWO COMPANIES THAT I HAVE HATED THE MOST IS OVERSTOCK.COM AND HP. ALMOST 20 CALLS TO THEM FOR A COMPLETE REFUND AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT."

"Hewlett Packard is producing some of the worst products I have ever seen. Purchased one in 2013 with the standard one year warranty. At just 14 months, the worthless junk goes blank one day and never returns. Took it to a local comp guy and he had four of the same make and model sitting on his desk. All of them trash!!!"

modified review This review was modified by mommyz3 on December 04 2014 08:14:28 PM

Share Hewlett Packard's store rating

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member
Hewlett Packard does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!