Stores > Hewlett Packard

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10

2016-09-26

CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A SCAM

"Purchased a HP wireless printer. I was installing it per the instruction booklet. Step 4 was to log on to hp123 for download support. A chat box pops up and you cant not continue until after you provide them with your name and phone number. The tech calls you and has you download team viewer so he can access your computer and complete the installing. We use this at and thought not a be deal. After two attempts to install the printer software I was told by the tech that my computer was infected and I needed their tech to perform a clean up at the cost of $99 to me. I refused and hung up. Before calling my own computer tech I tried to install the printer with the provided CD and what do you know it worked with no problem. The tech support is a scam do not go to the website use the CD, This company is the worst I will never by another HP property, there are greedy trying to scam their customers. "

2016-08-30

Worst warranty suport ever

"DONT TRUST HP warranty support!!! I paid for the upgraded 3 year warranty with accidental damage protection. I had a broken hinge (a well know issue of the HP envy) & non functioning keys. It was supposed to be fixed & returned in 5-7 days. 2 days after they recived my laptop for repair the support repair case was put on hold. I attempted to call & find out why it was on hold & if it would ship on time. I was assured that if it would be delayed I would be sent an email update. Well, long story short, the delivery date has come & gone & I have called them every day since, trying to get any info at all as to when I might get it back or what is even going on with it. I have had reps send in multiple requests for updated information that has been completely ignored by the repair department. Its been weeks now. My case has been esclated to a manager who also put a request to the repair department for an update that has been completely ignored. I have requested that my laptop be returned to me fixed or not as I need it for work & I'm losing business every day & it's destroying the reputation of my online business I spent over 15 years building. Unfortunately they are unable to return a laptop they can not locate or get any infomation. So now they have my laptop with all my information that could easily be accessed by anyone. I am now in the process of attempting to file a small claims case against HP in an attempt to just get my laptop back from them. !!!!UPDATE!!!!: Well go figure. I call up to notify them that I was filing a Small claims case with a TV court show & having my local news do a story about the issue. I also let them know my lawyer was on standby for a 3 way call if need be. I was asked to give them another 24 hours. Wouldn't you know... About a half hour later I get an email notification that my laptop is repaired & ready to ship back to me. I guess HP doesn't like the idea of a PUBLIC lawsuit. I find this to be very shady.. Especially after calling them daily since I noticed the repair was on hold & getting nothing...

Resourse for Filing against HP === "Filing a small claim against Hewlett-Packard - Void the Void" https://www.hitpages.com/doc/5857611689754624/1

This review was modified by Moonfairy on August 31 2016 07:45:16 PM

2016-08-30

CRAP SHOWDOWN HODOWN!!!!

"This is possibly the absolute WORST COMPANY ON THE PLANET!!!! I have never in my life, dealt with more inexperienced, un compassionate, insensitive, condensing & patronizing "customer service" (what a joke) representatives!!!! I am in shock this company is still in business. Terrible products, terrible people, terrible terrible terrible! After 2 hours & 45 minutes, I was told I would be charged a second time the printer I was sending back!!!! O MY GOSH!!! REALLY??? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Not 1 person I spoke with even offered an "I'm sorry ma'am for this huge waste of time" NEVER AGAIN!!!! EVERY COMPANY OUT THERE NEEDS TO TAKE A LESSON IN CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM APPLE OR PAYPAL!!!!"

This review was modified by Tiaconrad on August 30 2016 10:05:26 AM

2016-08-24

By far, THE WORST customer service I've ever experienced.

"I was on the phone for over 2 hours to resolve an issue with my recently purchased monitor and they kept transferring me to the wrong department...so they say. I asked for the direct line and they kept giving me different numbers. When asking to speak to the head of corporate, they ignored my issue and talked over me saying "Okay, apologies we couldn't help, have a good day," and hung up. NEVER BUY THESE PRODUCTS. They often have hardware issues and no one is able to help you."

2016-08-24

Worst customer service EVER!!!!

"I purchased ink cartridges in September of 2015, that had 1/4 ink in them. I have called for the past year, filled out customer satisfaction surveys, with ZERO help. Not only did I not get any help, I was talked to so rudely and hung up on by a MANAGER! I called again, this morning and was told that I needed to have the original cartridges, which I threw away a couple months ago, why would anyone keep such thing for a year. I then asked why this was taken care of when I originally called a year ago. The customer service agent was silent and wouldn't talk to me. Either they are hanging up on you, don't get back with you, or they just sit there on the other line mute. I am beyond mad and will never give them another penny of my money. I will be replacing the piece of sh** printer that goes with their piece of sh** ink cartridges. "

This review was modified by jbalagna on August 24 2016 11:45:05 AM

2016-06-28

New Envy 17t Isssue from the box - No help from HP in MANILA!

"I brought a new ENVY 17t that I had been watching. Was running $1,800 but finally went on sale for $1,100 so I bought it. Picked it up on a Thursday and started using it on Friday until I continually get a nag window D:RECOVERY is low on memory. Unit got shipping with Windows 10 Pro with a 12gb recovery partition which wasn't big enough. I could get it to enlarge in size so called Tech Support (Manila). They said that this was a software issue and that I would be transferred to SmartHelp which is their outside customer paid tech help company. I explained that I had just picked up this computer the day before and that the software was installed and shipping with the computer. They said I would have to take it back to where I purchased it to have it repaired. I explained I bought it directly from HP. Then they said that my warranty had expired on 12/7/14. I then asked how that could be when I had just received the laptop from HP? I had to send them a bunch of information and a copy of the shipping bill before they would believe that I had just received the computer from HP. They would still not give any help on the D:RECOVERY drive issue. HP wants me to pay $49.50 to their subcontractor to help fix a problem on a new computer. This is the 3rd HP laptop I have bought (new one every 2 yrs.) and it will be my last! I have also purchased 11 HP printer in 4 years and will by a different brand if this is were HP is headed. No customer service just sell the product and leave the customers to fend for themselves! "

This review was modified by Deano77 on June 28 2016 10:56:16 AM

2016-05-18

Care Package support is non-existant

"3 year in home warranty - called about a failed CPU fan and all I got was excuses why they are unable to service the machine - server is down, call back tomorrow, the technician who handles that are is not in, call back tomorrow. I think they are hoping that you give up in frustration and they do not have to honor the care package. after all, they already have your money."

This review was modified by Don1854 on May 18 2016 01:46:17 PM

2016-05-10

Horrific!!!!

"I got my laptop for Christmas and it's 5 months later I've never got to use it because it freezes! Customer support would not help me unless I wanted to pay for it!! Talked to them multiple months and said would call me back and never did but the lady says in her system it says they called and j didn't answer!!! I never got a call back! I'm so upset because so much money was spent on this and it cannot be used to even fill out a job app! I will never buy from hp again and I will tell everyone I know to not buy from them!!!!!!"

2016-04-12

Not a happy camper

"I just needed my computer to be unlocked. I was told I would either have to pay a $99 one time fee, or would have to subscribe to a new warranty for a fee of $35 and then $15 dollars every month after that for a year. I do not need a warranty. I just needed them to remote into my computer and change the password. I work in IT it is really not that hard to do. I would not have minded paying a small one time fee for the service, but to charge $99 for a one time fix is disillusion. I ended up taking the laptop to a local shop here in town. They remoted into my computer and unlocked it for me at no charge, It took them about 5 minutes to complete the task. "

This review was modified by maddor19 on April 12 2016 06:30:19 PM

2016-03-16

Worst company I have ever dealt with

"Never in my life have I handled a company quite as bad as this. I ordered the ak011na Gaming Notebook back in November, and almost as soon as I had booted it up, it was riddled with faults. Their tech support ran rings around me with nonsense 'solutions' that as someone with a mediocre knowledge of computers would not fix anything. Eventually, I got the claim elevated and one of the actual technicians told me it needed to be brought in for repair immediately. At this point, I had owned the unit for around a month - a timeframe for which HP then held my laptop in repair for. In fact, they had the unit for longer than I had even owned it, despite me being told it'd be back before Christmas. I took the claim even higher and started to seek external help, before being contacted by HP's head of Customer Services, who promised me a replacement unit and compensation.

Now, I thought that would be the end of my troubles. Nope. They sent me the better model, the ak116na, and a free HP X9000 OMEN mouse as compensation, which I can't fault them for. What I can fault them for is the fact that this unit too was faulty, with some of the exact same problems. I contacted HP support again, who once again bothered me with nonsense solutions which I knew would do nothing, and they eventually said I'd have to reinstall the OS (not something I expect to have to do on a brand new laptop, otherwise I would have built one myself). I did so anyway, and it still wasn't fixed - in fact the BSoDs, crashes, and visual glitches just got worse. Eventually, I found out I had the legal entitlement to a refund because they had failed on their one chance to repair/replace the unit, so I demanded one from Post-Sales. Despite this, they clearly weren't very well versed in consumer law because I was told "it was past the 30 day limit" and I'd have to see if the managers would be willing to give me some leeway (even though that's not how the law works). After a while (around 2 weeks) they finally got back to me and booked me in for a return, which was all fine, however now that I have shipped the unit back, their very rude staff team has been contacting me saying items were missing from the return (for example, the compensatory mouse that they never asked for back, and even for the old unit which they kept when it was in repair).

This company is a farce and a joke.

2016-03-11

Horrible Service & Quality!!

"I am VERY disappointed in hp right now!! Over a month ago I purchased a CUSTOMIZED computer for my photography business and it was defective.
This computer was NOT cheap!

I understand when dealing with electronics things can happen, but what upsets me most is the POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE I received.

I was told there is absolutely NO compensation for things like this. Are you kidding me?? My business depends on my computer (I have no backup) & I'm out of commission for a month and there's no compensation for that?! I will NEVER purchase from HP again!!

And by the looks of others comments on here, I'm not the only one who has received defective equipment!

This review was modified by CandidCrystal on March 11 2016 10:29:46 AM

2015-12-23

"HP changes your product spec after you build your pc after you hit pay online. My credit card was charge for a product that I didnt order. I called emailed them they would say they were sorry or change the order TO THE ORDER that was given me online I wanted the desktop I ordered. "

This review was modified by cynthialynn on December 23 2015 09:55:55 AM

2015-10-18

"I lost internet service and called my provider and they referred me to HP. Before they would do anything I had to agree to a charge. The one I picked was only a 14 day guarantee at $99.99 charge to my cc. I talked to Moe who right away said there was nothing he could do for me. I asked for a refund and he said he would put in for it. After 2 months I finally talked to a person named Sherry and she told me as long as they even just talk to you, that's considered working on your PC. Therefor no refund. What happened to there guarantee????? I will never buy another HP.
Ed Stephens

2015-09-17

"Edit: Finally got a call from someone that could explain the situation and offer a solid solution. I bumped up from one to three stars based on HP finally making the situation right. However, as long as there is a call-center barrier where issues are not able to be heard by the proper people of the company, HP will always have frustrated customers and I will keep two stars off for that reason.

Order # H395529548

In all of my years of positive and negative online shopping experiences, I have never encountered a more frustrating and infuriating experience. Long story short, the product I ordered had to be altered because they found an incompatibility (or simply ran out of the item they listed as an option on their order form), they offered to switch the item out for another but offered less than half of what the switch should have been, they then delayed the order twice, finally canceling the order due to a vague reason that I haven't been able to find someone to explain. All the while, I've spent hours on the phone trying to figure out each hurdle with call-center employees in India who give generic spiels and cannot get you ahold of higher level HP employee that can offer real answers and solutions. Not only have I wasted my time, I've had to take the initiative to find out what was going on.

The first delay came with an email notifying me of the delay 3 days after the item was supposed to have shipped. The downgrade, and being offered less than half of what I should have received for the downgrade, required hours of my communication with call-center employees who had to be told time and time again that I was not requesting a discount, but rather proper compensation for the downgrade. After I called to find out why my computer still has not shipped and request a further discount for my troubles, I received an email immediately following that phone call saying that HP has cancelled my order giving a vague and generic explanation. They held my money for over a month and made me waste hours of time resolving their false advertisements, and inabilities to deliver their promised product. And now I'm sitting here with nothing more than a sorry and what was supposed to be a good deal, gone. My rebate will no longer work. I've requested that HP honor the discount and rebate offer, for the same computer which continues to be advertised, but the call-center employees do not have to authority to give that discount. And I'm still waiting for a non-call-center employee to contact me as there's no way I can contact them.

HP has distanced themselves from the customer by using foreign call-center employees as the front line. They've supplied them with American first names and a script to help them sound like they can solve your problem. But unless your problem is the most surface level of issues, you aren't going to get anywhere. They simply don't have the ability to make decisions other than what HP has outlined in their job description. They also cannot describe HPs vague emails about the issues they have making, shipping, and delivery their product. It's a horrible way of doing business and these unfortunate people have to deal with the poor business practices by the HP higher-ups. I've exhausted my abilities to find a a solution and discuss this matter with someone who has any bit of authority. AVOID HP AT ALL COSTS. They don't deserve your business.

This review was modified by GustyWinds on September 17 2015 11:32:11 AM

2015-09-01

"Terrible customer service and warranty. Multiple business desktops with next day on-site warranties. Refused to restore to factory settings on hard drive failure - just blank drive - 'software support' claimed as not covered, even though this is part of the system when purchased.
Next hard drive failure on another machine - told next day...never came, called or contacted - no hard drives in stock unless you have 'next level service contract' - they claim 'best efforts' only. Still waiting...

BEWARE OF HP WARRANTY SUPPORT!!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND NOT DELIVER WARRANTY AS EXPECTED OR EXPRESS - THEY FIND LOOPHOLES FOR EVERYTHING!

This review was modified by DissatisfiedBusinessCustomer on September 01 2015 04:00:46 PM

Share Hewlett Packard's store rating

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member
Hewlett Packard does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!