Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 7.67/10 65 reviews

HeliPal is a merchant member
    HeliPal participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,875 merchant members.
  • HeliPal contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 6.07/10 6.07/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10

"I purchased a dji f550 helicopter fully loaded. They sent me a camera gimbel that doesn't work.I had to file complaints with PayPal just to get them to send my order. They got paid for the product before they shipped and had no desire to ship or even answer my emails.I don't recommend doing business with them.I will not buy from them again. Update to my review. My storm battery 14.8V 3s 35C 5500 mAh lasted only 5 minutes on the first flight and then down hill after that.What is really bad is they never answer my emails when I need help with problems. From Stanley"

"I cancelled a small order within 3o minutes of ordering both by e-mail and the companies own web support web page. I asked for
confirmation of the cancellation. I even sent 2nd requests many hours later. But messages are coming back undelivered. Initially when I ordered, the confirming e-mail came fast.

I called my credit card company and explained the situation. The credit card company said the subject company has no Telephone number.
So the customer service is unavailable

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-28-2014

helipal.com, HeliPal rep has responded

“Dear Friend,

Please kindly note that your transaction is cancelled once we get back to work (within the same day) and sent you an email for confirmation as we work in another time zone (Hong Kong) so there is some time delay to get back to you and your email system may mark our email as spam so you can't receive it.

Sorry again for any inconvenience caused. Many thanks.”

"Stay away.... They sold me a broken iosd mini, they made me ship it back, then they said, they didn't have more in stock and that I needed to wait, I waited for over 20 days... Finally I got tired and requested a refund they only offered a refund for the cost of the unit but nothing for the original cost of shipping it back and forth which was as much as the price of the product itself. BS customer service."

"Company exellent and right delivery smoothly"

"Great customer service and fast shipping"

"Excellent dealer, super fast shipping (2 days from China with express, which is mandatory with Lipo batteries). Also received extra batteries :) Shipping was pricey, $125.00 maybe that's why I got extra batts."

"The Storm Drone 6 with the GPS is a lot of fun to fly. I'm glad I bought it. Hope to put a GoPro 3 on it and move on with it. I'm not disappointed at all. I also turned the LED's lights over so I can see them when it is close by. Mine was not ready out of the box as the transmitter was not holding much info to help. I'm resetting the transmitter but not much help from any you tube videos from Helical. Would like them to walk through the whole setup with using the computer and also resetting the Nav system. It would be nice if they had a lipo battery for the transmitter so we do not use up AA battery's. I'm going to putting on a 5200mah battery so I can just use one at a time and it is just a test any way. It seems that you need other parts to hook up the transmitter to the computer and it would have been nice to know that as I might have gotten a different transmitter. First flight was good but the second was not as I was turning around to fly back to an other tree it just took off and crashed and broke both main frames and one arm the bottom threads came out and had to order a new arm and main frames. After all of this I'm still glade I got it and just always trying to get out and fly it. I would give it a 5 star rating but I think that if they say it is ready to fly and the home switch does not work and other setting are out they should change it to very little set up to fly out of the box and show you how to videos. The emails are slow and it seems that only one question seems to get answered if you have more the one question. It is a learning curve but a lot of fun if you get the transmitter set right. Thank you for putting up with me and all the fun you have given me."

"Hello

I have purchased many heli's and other items. You are the best as far as quality satisfaction and the shipping is the best. I have always been well informed when my item ships and when it arrives at my home. Again I have said this and I do truly mean it THANKS for all the support and I will continue to purchase the new and updated models.

Thanks again

Ray

"OK This is an update of a review I posted about a week ago. I finally heard back from Helipal who were very apologetic and claimed that all my attempts to get help had fallen through the cracks and had been overlooked rather than ignored. They let me have the information I needed and I am now FINALLY flying my equipment.
I suppose that as I get more knowledgeable I shant need be as concerned about technical support as I am now. But until Helipal starts taking newbies to the world of RC seriously I would suggest that anyone just wanting to get started shopping for equipment, particularly more advanced equipment, consider somewhere closer to home that offers better instructions, manuals/videos etc.
There is a lot to like about Helipal, they have a great range of products and good prices on many (though not ALL) items. My original review basically concerned customer support issues which have largely been resolved - you can read it below.
I have spent in excess of $1400 with this company over the last few weeks and as promised shipping was very prompt.
After my first order which consisted of a Storm 6 GPS system I decided to go ahead and order the SD8 camera gimbal as my purpose for buying this is primarily for photography. I had had a couple of issues assembling my Storm Drone so I specifically requested that all necessary instructions for installation be shipped with the gimbal, as I could find no detailed information on their website. I received the gimbal a few days later with NO instructions at all. I tried to follow the vague info on their website for installation but with no success. I have emailed their support dept 4 times over the last week with NO response and NO help. I have over a $1000 worth of helicopter stuff on my kitchen table which I would love to use but so far I cant solve my problem.
So here is my request to Helipal. GET YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SORTED! Yes you seem to sell some nice stuff and yes you ship promptly. But while I could get almost no help from you with my questions I was able to chat with a representative from HOBBYPARTZ for 30 minutes before I even ordered anything.
I explained to Helipal that I was not an RC expert and that I needed some basic help with setup etc. but Helipal is slow and not easily reachable with its customer support and I dont recommend buying from them unless you are absolutely sure that you are comfortable calibrating, installing and troubleshooting everything you buy with no instructions and minimal guidance or support from Helipal.

"I made a purchase over Helipal of a Tarot 2D Gimbal to be used on my DJI Phantom, when I received the item I realized it was incorrect so I contacted Helipal via email and they were very responsive, after exchanging a few emails with their customer support they proactively offered to ship me the correct item. They exceeded my expectations for their customer service and I can say that I am very happy with the resolution of this case, which makes me confident not only to keep buying from Helipal, but also to recommend it to my fellow hobbyists. Thanks Helipal you Rock!"

"I have placed orders with Helipal for helicopters and parts. My decision was based on reviewing many different vendors and their websites. I chose Helipal based on their well laid out web pages and the availability of products I wanted to purchase. When I placed my orders, I received concise and prompt Email verifications and alerts. Both orders have been delivered in well packed and protected boxes, delivered by very reputable Delivery Services. I will continue placing orders with Helipal. I am very satisfied with their professional service."

"HeliPal is a great company. The staff is always on the job and they take care of everything in a professional manner. Because of their service and low prices they are my premier hobby supply source. I have never had to return anything but I am sure it would be no problem. They are great!"

"since helipal has switched to dhl shipping my parcels are arriving much sooner than before... all orders have been accurate and on time delivery..."

"Very nice seller.The product seems Fantastic, . I do not assembled yet but All the process and communication is fine. thanks"

"I live in Kansas City, Kansas, and I was completely blown away on how quickly my package arrived. I got am email saying the package had left Hong Kong on a Saturday. It arrived in the U.S. the next day (Sunday) and the package was at my door on Monday. The shipment took a total of 3 days!!! I couldn't believe it. My package was no small package either. It was a quad with an FPV package weighing roughly 14 lbs. I have read a lot of accounts of packages taking up to 3+ weeks coming from China to the U.S. and this took 3 days."