Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"Excellent web site, great line of products at a reasonable price. Prompt response on inquiries and help issues. Very Fast delivery from China to US, quicker than domestic us deliveries. Keep up the great work ......and low prices."

"I placed my order for my helicopter and after i did i of course went back and did some more looking around an decided to upgrade to a better transmitter, no problem sent email and they quickly responded with instruction to make that happen,very happy with my overall experience with Helipal,I received my order quicker than orders with things placed here in the states.I will be doing more business with Helipal for all my RC needs.Thanks again Chris S. "

"Great communication, very fast and professional. Will certainly order from HeliPal again!"

"I ordered a quadrotor and a few parts from Helipal. After a few days of my order in 'packing' status I emailed their customer support inquiring if there was a delay. They replied that evening and the said the order was ready to be shipped, but they had noticed that one of the parts I ordered wasn't compatible with the quad I'd ordered and suggested the compatible part if I'd like to switch it. I replied thanking them for their quick response and taking the time to make sure my order was no only ready, but made sense. They confirmed they would switch the parts and get it sent out. A few hours later I had a tracking number generated by their shipping system emailed to me, then a customer service rep sent me a copy of the revised invoice and the tracking info. Their staff is incredibly professional, polite, and even downright friendly. I'm very excited to add this quad to my collection and I tried to place orders with 3 other retailers trying to save a buck and wasted weeks of time before finding Helipal, who conveniently had just dropped the price by $100, so I ended up with the best deal, from a reputable retailer that has outstanding service. I can't be more satisfied. "

"Placed an order 05/30/2014, website said delivery 3 -4 days, status showed packing same day, one week later status shows packing.

All attempts to inquire when products will ship have gone unanswered.

A simple explanation of why the order has not shipped is all I was looking for but apparently customer service is of no importance.

Considering i am just getting started in this hobby and can see myself spending considerably more than my original $3000 order, I would think that they would want to work with a new customer.

I CAN NOT recommend helipal.com nor will I ever purchase product from helipal.com agin.

Saving a few $$$ is not worth the less than terrible customer service they provide.

"I purchased a dji f550 helicopter fully loaded. They sent me a camera gimbel that doesn't work.I had to file complaints with PayPal just to get them to send my order. They got paid for the product before they shipped and had no desire to ship or even answer my emails.I don't recommend doing business with them.I will not buy from them again. Update to my review. My storm battery 14.8V 3s 35C 5500 mAh lasted only 5 minutes on the first flight and then down hill after that.What is really bad is they never answer my emails when I need help with problems. From Stanley"

"I cancelled a small order within 3o minutes of ordering both by e-mail and the companies own web support web page. I asked for
confirmation of the cancellation. I even sent 2nd requests many hours later. But messages are coming back undelivered. Initially when I ordered, the confirming e-mail came fast.

I called my credit card company and explained the situation. The credit card company said the subject company has no Telephone number.
So the customer service is unavailable

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-28-2014

helipal.com, HeliPal rep has responded

“Dear Friend,

Please kindly note that your transaction is cancelled once we get back to work (within the same day) and sent you an email for confirmation as we work in another time zone (Hong Kong) so there is some time delay to get back to you and your email system may mark our email as spam so you can't receive it.

Sorry again for any inconvenience caused. Many thanks.”

"Stay away.... They sold me a broken iosd mini, they made me ship it back, then they said, they didn't have more in stock and that I needed to wait, I waited for over 20 days... Finally I got tired and requested a refund they only offered a refund for the cost of the unit but nothing for the original cost of shipping it back and forth which was as much as the price of the product itself. BS customer service."

"Company exellent and right delivery smoothly"

"Great customer service and fast shipping"

"Excellent dealer, super fast shipping (2 days from China with express, which is mandatory with Lipo batteries). Also received extra batteries :) Shipping was pricey, $125.00 maybe that's why I got extra batts."

"The Storm Drone 6 with the GPS is a lot of fun to fly. I'm glad I bought it. Hope to put a GoPro 3 on it and move on with it. I'm not disappointed at all. I also turned the LED's lights over so I can see them when it is close by. Mine was not ready out of the box as the transmitter was not holding much info to help. I'm resetting the transmitter but not much help from any you tube videos from Helical. Would like them to walk through the whole setup with using the computer and also resetting the Nav system. It would be nice if they had a lipo battery for the transmitter so we do not use up AA battery's. I'm going to putting on a 5200mah battery so I can just use one at a time and it is just a test any way. It seems that you need other parts to hook up the transmitter to the computer and it would have been nice to know that as I might have gotten a different transmitter. First flight was good but the second was not as I was turning around to fly back to an other tree it just took off and crashed and broke both main frames and one arm the bottom threads came out and had to order a new arm and main frames. After all of this I'm still glade I got it and just always trying to get out and fly it. I would give it a 5 star rating but I think that if they say it is ready to fly and the home switch does not work and other setting are out they should change it to very little set up to fly out of the box and show you how to videos. The emails are slow and it seems that only one question seems to get answered if you have more the one question. It is a learning curve but a lot of fun if you get the transmitter set right. Thank you for putting up with me and all the fun you have given me."

"Hello

I have purchased many heli's and other items. You are the best as far as quality satisfaction and the shipping is the best. I have always been well informed when my item ships and when it arrives at my home. Again I have said this and I do truly mean it THANKS for all the support and I will continue to purchase the new and updated models.

Thanks again

Ray

"OK This is an update of a review I posted about a week ago. I finally heard back from Helipal who were very apologetic and claimed that all my attempts to get help had fallen through the cracks and had been overlooked rather than ignored. They let me have the information I needed and I am now FINALLY flying my equipment.
I suppose that as I get more knowledgeable I shant need be as concerned about technical support as I am now. But until Helipal starts taking newbies to the world of RC seriously I would suggest that anyone just wanting to get started shopping for equipment, particularly more advanced equipment, consider somewhere closer to home that offers better instructions, manuals/videos etc.
There is a lot to like about Helipal, they have a great range of products and good prices on many (though not ALL) items. My original review basically concerned customer support issues which have largely been resolved - you can read it below.
I have spent in excess of $1400 with this company over the last few weeks and as promised shipping was very prompt.
After my first order which consisted of a Storm 6 GPS system I decided to go ahead and order the SD8 camera gimbal as my purpose for buying this is primarily for photography. I had had a couple of issues assembling my Storm Drone so I specifically requested that all necessary instructions for installation be shipped with the gimbal, as I could find no detailed information on their website. I received the gimbal a few days later with NO instructions at all. I tried to follow the vague info on their website for installation but with no success. I have emailed their support dept 4 times over the last week with NO response and NO help. I have over a $1000 worth of helicopter stuff on my kitchen table which I would love to use but so far I cant solve my problem.
So here is my request to Helipal. GET YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SORTED! Yes you seem to sell some nice stuff and yes you ship promptly. But while I could get almost no help from you with my questions I was able to chat with a representative from HOBBYPARTZ for 30 minutes before I even ordered anything.
I explained to Helipal that I was not an RC expert and that I needed some basic help with setup etc. but Helipal is slow and not easily reachable with its customer support and I dont recommend buying from them unless you are absolutely sure that you are comfortable calibrating, installing and troubleshooting everything you buy with no instructions and minimal guidance or support from Helipal.

"I made a purchase over Helipal of a Tarot 2D Gimbal to be used on my DJI Phantom, when I received the item I realized it was incorrect so I contacted Helipal via email and they were very responsive, after exchanging a few emails with their customer support they proactively offered to ship me the correct item. They exceeded my expectations for their customer service and I can say that I am very happy with the resolution of this case, which makes me confident not only to keep buying from Helipal, but also to recommend it to my fellow hobbyists. Thanks Helipal you Rock!"

HeliPal is a Merchant Member! Learn more

HeliPal is a merchant member
HeliPal participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,860 merchant members.