• Contact: sales@helenebridal.com

Product & services pricing Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Here Goes...Pure GARBAGE...this place should be known as house of broken dreams....tried to save a few $$$ ordered from this place despite some pretty poor reviews, nothing recent tho, so I took a chance...the perils of internet purchasing. The dress was delivered in a bag!!! The dress was a size 2 despite a confirmation from them to make it a size 6!!! The front of dress was SUPPOSED to be raw silk, but you nknow what these friggen idiot Asians did? polyester cotton!!! not even cheap satin polyester cotton WOW. My kid is not devastated but really hurt by broken promises from these thieves, I think something is lost in translation all persons from north America STAY AWAY FROM HELLEN BRIDAL !!! Sent 2 emails no response...I didn't expect any from these crooks...no one there to justify their workman ship, probably some little old lady sitting in a hut that got paid $5 . Look I could go on and on but I think you should all get the gist of my tirade, we have time so we are going to get another dress and chalk this one up as a mistake dealing with this class less group.
Buyer BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Advice don't buy from here, they will take your money and shut you out.
Danny And Marilyn

modified review This review was modified by 21435ttc on July 30 2014 04:04:09 PM

"I am sorry to hear about some of the problems that you others have experienced. I too experienced similar issues when I ordered from a company called tbdress.com, so I know how many of you feel. However; from the dates I see posted on this complaint sight, most show the complaints were from a while back, so maybe Helene Bridal stepped up and took some responsibility to make things right since that time. After ordering from tbdress.com and receiving a dress that was about 10" shorter than the website stated or that I ordered, I tried for over a week to get the company to answer me back. They never responded and it was so close to the wedding date, none of the other dress sites would allow me to order, due to the dress-making turn around time and the shipping time. I could not get a dress in time for my son's wedding on March 22nd. I was in tears thinking I would just have to settle on some other color and type of dress than what my son wanted me to wear. Some of the other sites had nice dresses, but they had a price tag of about $300-400. I came across Helene Bridal's website and saw that it offered a 24 hour shipping service, if the dress they showed was offered on the 24 hour shipping plan and was in the size you needed. Plus, they offered free shipping and the price was very reasonable. I took another chance and ordered one that I found in the color and size I needed on 24 hour shipping plan. Helene Bridal contacted me as soon as I had paid for the dress (I never heard from tbdress from the time I placed my order with them). Always be sure to order through PayPal, because they will protect you if you don't get what you order. I told Helene Bridal about my situation with the other dress and asked them to make sure before they mailed it, that it had at least a 60" hollow to hem length. I received another prompt reply from Helene Bridal (Victoria), that they guaranteed the hollow hem length would be 60" or more. It was shipped within 24 hours like they promised and I received a tracking email. I received the dress within about 4 days (shipped to the US from China)and the dress is beautiful and fits like a glove. I ordered a size 10 and it fits great, but I would warn people that their sizes run small. If I would have been a 1/2" larger in the bust than their posted measurements, it would have been too tight. If you are a wee bit above the measurements posted, you need to order the next size up. It is easier to have it taken in, than to try to let it out. I was very lucky with mine, as it fits perfect. I took it down to my seemstress to have the length taken off a bit to keep from dragging on the floor in the front and she commented on what a beautiful and well made dress it was. It also came in a plastic bag, but there is no sign of an odor, like several other people complained about. As I said in the beginning, maybe Helene Bridal has changed their policy to become a more professional company. I know they have made my life easier, due to their 24 hour shipping, that no other website I looked at offered that option. I would definitely order from them again and I will tell my friends about their site. Helene Bridal did not ask me to write this review, I just want other people to know that even though I had major problems with tbdress.com, this company (Helene Bridal) came through for me with flying colors, so maybe they will do the same for others if they are given a chance."

modified review This review was modified by Allison80 on March 06 2014 08:57:48 PM

"I just wanted to thank you for such a good service. It makes such a pleasant change to online shopping! I ordered the a-line knee-length satin bridesmaid dress yesterday and it arrived today (Saturday) which was a very nice surprise. I have tried it on and it is just beautiful. It is well made, lovely and soft. It makes me feel lovely. I am so pleased i found your website."

" I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the service I received. I ordered the designer quinceanera dresses for my brother's wedding. It came quickly and beautifully wrapped. When I had to exchange it for another size there were no problems. I can't wait to wear it and have been telling everyone about the great range and service. Thank you again."

"Hello ladies I just wanted to say im sorry for all of you who had a bad experience with helene bridal. I guess I was lucky they send me a perfect dress I ordered my wedding dress style WD219 on june 23 and received it today june 29. I was so nervous though out the week after reading all the bad reviews. I ordered it expedite shipping in a "on spot order" dress that way I can take it to my own tailoring place to fix it exactly to my size. It didn't smell bad color was great ivory like it should be the material was heavy any felt and looked good like a wedding dress should look like. The only bad thing was it was crammed in a bag and it needed to be steamstress either than that it is beautiful. I prayed to god and he made my wish come true. I suggest that all you ladies get an on the spot dress get it close to your size then get it tailored to make it fit you perfect. Get it ahead of time. Hope this helps some one."

"I never write reviews for companies but I felt the need to write this one to WARN everyone NOT to order from this dishonest horrible company. They are a scam! I ordered a bridesmaid dress and received a dress that did not match the color that was online. The dress was also WAY too small (5 inches off!!). I used their size charts to correctly take my measurements and I even ordered a larger size to be on the safe side. I emailed customer service saying that they mailed me the wrong size. They asked for photo proof. I then emailed them photos that made it quite obvious that the dress was too small. Customer service (goes by the name "Victoria") said she couldn't tell by the photos and that I measured incorrectly. If I wanted to exchange the dress for a larger size they said I would have to pay for the additional cost to have the dress shipped back to China PLUS an additional cost of shipping a new dress to me. I then asked for a 100% refund and again they said since it wasn't their fault then I don't get a refund. Ahh! The frustration!!

After much stress and frustration over this purchase I called my credit card company to get the purchase off my bill. I am still working out the details with my credit card company but I am confident they will side with me. I am wondering why this business is still alive? I would give Helene Bridal 0 out of 5 stars. 1 star would be too generous.

Weddings are an important event in one's life. Don't have it ruined because of this company!! You will regret buying from Helene Bridal if you do. Spend the money somewhere else.

".......WOW WHAT A SCAM COMPANY.....BEWARE THEY CHARGED ME EXTRA FOR MAKING THE DRESS SOONER THEN EXTRA FOR FAST SHIPPING....THEN THEY SENT MY DRESS TO THE UK....I AM IN THE PHILIPPINES.....THEY SENT ME SOMEONE ELSE DRESS...I HAD TO PAY FOR WRONG DRESS TO DHL 45.00 USD.......AS PER THEIR REQUEST I TOOK PICTURES OF THE WRONG DRESS THEN THEY SAID TO SHIP IT TO THE CUSTOMER IN THE UK AT MY EXPENSE......THE LADY IN THE UK SENT ME MY DRESS UPS FRIEGHT COLLECT AND UPS WANTED 260.00 USD TO DELIVER......HELEN BRIDLE TOLD ME I HAD TO PAY FOR UPS....BOTTOM LINE NO DRESS THEY ARE NOT HONEST PEOPLE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.....BY THE WAY THE ONLY GOOD REVIEWS ON THIS SITE ARE FROM HELEN BRIDLE PRETENDING TO BE A CUSTOMER"

"I ordered from Helene Bridal a few weeks ago and was terrified after reading the reviews here. I just received my order and wanted to share my experience to help give other brides an idea of what to expect.

First, I ordered on 4/20 and paid for expedited shipping. My estimated date was 5/18 and it is now 5/14 and I have my dress in hand. Yes, the dress came smushed in a small bag, and does smell a bit; the smell isn't overwhelming, but I will be airing it out. I'm sure it will be fine.

I bought a dress for $320 that I could not find anywhere else, and I chose to take the risk because I knew the style would cover my tattoos- and I just couldn't find anything like it anywhere else. The dress I received is reasonably close to the style I ordered, but not exact. The photo on the website is the photo from the original designer, so don't expect it to be the same. I ordered a lace dress and this one is a kind of mesh with appliques and rhinestones. However, the mesh part covers my tattoos, which was the most important thing to me and the rhinestones seem like they will be easy to remove.

The fabric is a little itchy (polyester) but the dress fits very well- I erred on the side of a 6 when I am usually a 4, and I am glad I did- it just fits around my hips. The stitching on the mesh overlay is not perfect, but it is barely noticeable. The hem is slightly uneven, but I can work with it.

Basically, you get what you paid for and I am satisfied (not exceptionally thrilled, but satisfied) with the dress I got. It will do the job.

"This business is a SCAM! They sent me a dress NOTHING like the dress I ordered! I later found the same picture on the Dessy Group site. HeleneBridal stole this picture from them! The dress I received no one would be caught dead in!!!"

"I been reading all the negative reviews about Helene*Bridal.I am so sorry for what happen to you ladies.But let me tell you i been so very happy and satisfy with Helene*Bridal.I took the risk to order my wedding dress at the end of the June 2010 since my wedding was August and it turn out to be perfect.I got the same exact thing that i order and plus it fit me so perfectly.I LOVE HELENE*BRIDAL.My husband will be graduated by middle of June and i am planning to order two gown from them,i still believe they will do a good job.Good luck & try to give the right measurement hopefully your dress will turn out like mine.Thank you HELENE*BRIDAL & keep it up"

"Do Not get seduced into buying from this company. I ordered a dress from them in January. When it arrived it was not the same dress that was in the picture on their website. As this dress was for my wedding I wanted it to look good on me. The dress that arrived had lace and chiffon like the original but that was where the similarity ended. I tried the dress on and my daughter started to zip it up for me and the zip broke before it was a third of the way up. I am a size 10 and the dress is loose on me. Victoria said that because I had tried it on it wasn't in original condition and couldn't be returned. She offered $20 off a dress that cost $200 plus nearly $100 for expediated making, shipping etc. Fortunately because I ordered this a number of weeks before my wedding I have been able to go out and purchase another dress form a local store. Its a hard lesson but I won't be doing this ever again."

"Where to start? Well since I just got off the phone with PayPal to file a claim, it is important that you know that Helene Bridal is a horrible company to do business with. Their web site looks quite legitimate, posting pictures of designer wedding dresses that they will make you for an affordable cost. I was swooned by http://www.helenebridal.com/Wedding-Dresses/WD5704/ (side note: turns out it was previously in an Alexander McQueen collection!) I thought, this dress is too pretty and too affordable to be true! But why not, most of our clothes come from Asia anyway, this has to be of similar quality. WRONG.

I ordered my dress in late February, through PAYPAL (do not order any other way other than through PayPal! Because you will need to file a claim with this company, and PayPal will intervene when you find that Helene Bridal will do nothing). The dress arrived as promised on time, within 20-25 business days. However, it came in a UPS bag - YES, A BAG! The dress was stuffed into a loose plastic bag, and the lace and embellishments snagged together upon unfolding the crumpled mess to take a look at it. And what a sight - the dress was NOT what was pictured on their website. For starters, it had an entire overlay of tacky sequins and beading that was not evident in the photo online, and no intricate details, i.e. eyelash border to back straps, several inches of a lace scalloped border, etc. It was made quite poorly, and every time I moved in the dress, the sequins kept falling off (which, while that may seem like a good thing, it left a trail of sequins on my apartment floor and thread coming undone and sticking out of the dress.) Moreover, while the waist and hips fit fine, the bust was like a football jersey, except I wasn't planning on wearing shoulder pads during my wedding. It was the tackiest dress I've ever seen. So long story short, this was a horrible knockoff of what was pictured on the site, and not at all acceptable to wear for an event as special as your wedding! Needless to say, I was frustrated and felt deceived, so I contacted the company as soon as possible to return the dress back to them, following their ridiculous return policy guidelines exactly. Here's where the nightmare began...

First of all, there is NO domestic phone number you can call to within the United States if you have any questions. The company is based entirely out of China. Secondly, the woman "Victoria" who you can only correspond to by e-mail, will not respond to your e-mails until it is days too late to move forward with any questions or concerns. When I e-mailed her photos of the dress with the problems in question (per her request, which I complied), she said

Hello,-----,

We have seen the pictures and the e-mails one by one,
we have made the dress in this way for many years,
all the customers like the dress in this way,
what you are doing is seeking problems in order to return the dress.
We accept the return of the dress,
but according to our return policy:
we just refund 50% of the dress cost to you.
we will tell you the shipping back address.

Your honestly
Victoria

HELENE BRIDAL DRESS INC.
TEL:+86-021-31266486
E-MAIL: helenebridal@gmail.com
WEBSITE: http://www.helenebridal.com

"what you are doing is seeking problems in order to return the dress." DUH! I want to return the dress because IT IS NOT THE DRESS YOU HAVE ON YOUR WEB SITE! You will get nothing but e-mails like this that get you nowhere fast, and will make you livid beyond belief, especially considering what a special day this is that you are preparing for.

So here's what to do. Do not accept any of this woman's bogus terms on returning. Comply with whatever she asks in terms of providing photos (if possible), but once you find that the company is not cooperating, FILE A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL. I was not about to lose $400 on a cheap, low-quality, hideous dress just because "Victoria" felt like I'm looking for reasons to rip her off.

This company is a travesty to legitimate, hard-working people around the world, who build their business on honesty, integrity, and most of all CUSTOMER SERVICE. Please, do NOT buy from this company! It will be a nightmare for you. I know wedding dresses are incredibly expensive in the store, but let that be the one thing you splurge on, so you can see the dress, try it on, and have it fit to compliment you on your special day. It is not worth the risk of purchasing online, at least from an international seller with a horrible track record. And that was my mistake, which I hope you will avoid.

As I only filed the claim this morning, I will be anxiously awaiting the future correspondence between myself, PayPal, and Helene Bridal. I will keep this review updated in case anyone can benefit from my experience.

"I really recommend that you DO NOT buy from HeleneBridal! I ordered a dress 28 Feb 2010 for my wedding the 8 May 2010. My dress was supposed to be here 4 weeks ago. HeleneBridal have not shipped it, and are ignoring my e-mails. They won't give me a refund either. Do not waste your money the site is a pure scam! It is now the 14 May 2010 and yes I have finally recieved my dress. Only 8 days late for my wedding!!!! Please join my group on FACEBOOK - HELENEBRIDAL (CHINA)"

"I'm sorry to hear all of the awful experiences from some of the ladies on here! Luckily for me I am one of those who has a positive review for Helene's Bridal. I ordered my custom made dress on January 7th and received it on February 3rd (standard shipping of 20-25 days). My wedding won't be until June so I felt comfortable enough to take the risk of buying online, and if I didn't like it, I would just look for another dress. No need to! I am so impressed with how my dress looks exactly like the photo (98% just like the photo!), and the beadwork is beautiful. The measurements I gave were thankfully correct and the dress fits me perfectly. Some of the metal hooks I may have redone but not a big deal if I don't. Other than that, my dress is gorgeous. The dress arrived a lot quicker than I thought it would since I ordered the dress right before the Chinese New Year break. Pleasantly surprised I had gotten an email (not sure if it was generic or not) that they'd have the dress completed before their break. I didn't believe it, of course, but a week later I got an email with the tracking number! The dress was only $250 or so with the customization - excellent value.

I think one of the reviewers mentioned earlier that it's probably not a good idea to purchase an online dress at the last minute if your wedding is coming up within the next month or so. The anxiety of your upcoming wedding coupled with the uncertainty you feel with buying an online dress would only cause you more anxiety and impatience hence causing you to get upset that it's taking too long or it's not what you were looking for when you get it. If you have the time and you are willing to take the risk of losing a few hundred (Kudos to those who got their $$ back!) then by all means, go for it! Of course, I was initially nervous (I even found a backup dress just in case), but luckily things worked out for me. Also, I noticed some ladies were buying their own dress, their bridesmaids dresses, flower girl dresses etc. all at the same time without any previous experience with the company - I'm not sure if I'd do that - that's putting way too many eggs in the basket! Start off with one dress and see if you like them or not. Anyhow, I'll post a photo of me in my dress after I get back from my Hawaiian wedding!

"Listen up friends I have a story that you'll need to hear if you run into issues w/this ridiculous company. I wish I would've read reviews first.
I bought a wedding dress w/not much time before my wedding. I went w/a custom made dress because I didn't think I would have a whole lot of time to get it altered before the wedding. I received my dress a week before my wedding. When I received it I immediately tried it on. It was enormous and there was a huge flaw in the middle of the dress. An applique was pulled over & sewn & a huge gather ran across the middle of the dress. It was unwearable. Not only that but it was hideous. The color was supposed to be ivory & it was the color of my skin. It was unflattering & the material was about as cheap as you can find. I contacted Helene Bridal & like everyone else had several conversations w/"Victoria". They wanted pictures of me in the dress taking measurements. I did and also took pictures of the flaw. My main issue became w/the flaw. During all of this, I ran across this website & read some reviews. A few of the ladies mentioned that they were getting no where but thankfully paid w/PayPal. They said Helene Bridal wouldn't give them their money back & as soon as they exchanged words & got no where they escalated things to a PayPal claim. Thankfully I too paid w/PayPal.
I received an email back from Helene Bridal & they pretty much said I was out of luck as they don't give any refunds on custom dresses. So I immediately escalated things on PayPal. As soon as I did, Helene Bridal said they would give me a portion of my money back. I wouldn't take that. I wanted all of my money back. I received a damaged item & I shouldn't have to pay for it nor should I have to pay a ridiculous restocking fee. So I kept going.
Ladies, don't give up. Don't accept a partial refund. PayPal ended up siding w/me & I received all of my money back. Currently I'm still waiting for the refund but I spoke w/a PayPal representative today & they said it would be w/in the week one way or the other.
I understand everyone has a different story & of course there will be some that it actually works for them. If that's the case I'm very glad for them. Honestly, I'm relieved for them. My experience left a horrible bitter taste in my mouth & I want everyone to know what happened so they know what to do if they run into the same situation.
Oh & in case you were wondering I ended up buying a dress from a store in town that was beyond perfect. It was as if it were made for me. This situation did not ruin my wedding.
Good luck and if you do buy something w/them, pay w/PayPal.

Helene Bridal is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Helene Bridal is not a merchant member
Helene Bridal does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!