Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Heartland isnt even worth one star. Wont even bother to tell the story. Does no good to call them. Missing parts cant help you. Ask for a manager told she doesnt take calls. I have to buy parts locally. What amazes me is they have any customers at all. I learned in business a satisfied customer tells 3 people an unsatisfied customer tells 20. What a joke. My dumb, should have bought locally.
Smith, San Jose, CA

"I think that if someone has to pay something in this life, all that is needed is to purchase any item at HeartlandAmerica. The customer service is very unfriendly, then when they send you to the upper management all they tell you is "upps sorry you did not purchase the extended waranty. your ninety days expired a week ago".... It is very frustrating when they repeat the same sript over and over again. And yes, they have nice and good looking products but that's all there is apperance because their performance is only ninety days. I think this company is ran by thiefs. They sell only items that do not have the capacity to run to the expentancies that they advertise."

modified review This review was modified by delvalle on July 13 2014 11:51:57 PM

"Everyone needs to read this long list of BAD reviews on the kind of business Heartland America does before becoming a member or making a purchase. They sell junk made in China and guaranteed to have a short lifespan. If you do not mind throwing your money away, then take your chances. When you try to get support for a product that has stopped working, you may find that the manufacturer is no longer in business. If Heartland does not like your complaint, they will just disconnect.
Anyone who thinks because their name sounds like they are selling American products will be sadly mistaken.

modified review This review was modified by sunnyfla2 on April 07 2014 05:58:18 PM

"Stay away they are bad news they don't care about you only your money I will never buy from them again don't buy from them save your money chuck in TN"

"I shut off the phone cable and internet at the house.
I got the WIFI Antenna ran the disk plugged in the antenna...WOWEEEEEE Free internet..... Streaming video as fast as fiber optic. Watch a 90 Min movie it never stopped once and my PC is 8 yrs old........GREAT PRODUCT-----HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.....Very impressed and I am usually very hard to please.....Thank you again,,,,,,,Great customer service.
Michael M.

modified review This review was modified by MICHAELMMASTIDE on December 31 2013 02:36:26 PM

"Do not buy any electronic product from Heartland America.I bought a Memorex Boombox that was defective.Mailed it back and received another one.It no power cord with it.After calling cautomer service and receiving attitude.That I could just send it back or contact Memorex to buy the power cord.I bought six C size batteries to test the boombox before buying a power cord.Found out the the second on is defective also.I put in a compliant with the BBB.I find it amusing that the BBB gives this company a A+ rating.Because they sure don't give a fig about their customers.Sell junk products and know the products are junk and sell them anyway.It's a scam operation.They have your money and you received junk.They figure you won't return it because of the cost to mail.So they get your money and you get nothing."

modified review This review was modified by wolf47 on December 16 2013 11:05:03 AM

"Purchased an item that didn't work out of the box. Attempted phoning four times and line went dead in the middle of their recording each time. On the fifth attempt I waited on hold for 20 minutes as their recording repeated "someone will be right with you" every few minutes along with "Your call is very important to us" and "We appreciate you waiting during this very brief delay" and "Every effort is being made to make your wait as short as possible," etc., etc. I wish I'd read the other reviews before ordering from this company."

"Is it possible to give them 0 stars?

My mom purhased a Tornado Electric Snow Thrower from them late last fall but got sick and was unable to assemble it. I travelled 6 hours to visit her this weekend and she asked me to assemble it for her, only to find that the equipemnt was improperly manufactured and could not be assembled as the connecting cord from the motor to the control switch was an inch too short and could not be mounted to the handle.

It wouldn't have mattered if the item had been open the day after arrival, or 50 years later...it was never properly manufactured to begin with.

After 1/2 hour waiting on hold on the phone, I was told that they would do nothing to resolve the issue. So I guess that they deserve their poor reputation after having taken advantage of a sick 73-year old woman.

modified review This review was modified by Dean_G on March 17 2013 04:29:44 AM

"Heartland America is terrific...don't understand the bad reviews. I have been purchasing items from this site for years. When one of their items says "Factory serviced to meet original quality standards. May have slight cosmetic blemishes," then that item is refurbished and not new. They sell items for great deals and hard to find items. Really great site and great customer service."

"DO NOT BUY from this company. Warranty is only 30 days on everything. Bought 3300Watt Generator -- Great Price -- 1st time used it blew up. Customer Service said tough luck. Generator built for Heartland America, so you can not contact the manufacturer. BUYER BEWARE-----TERRIBLE COMPANY."

"Ordered 3 items.Two where defective.They sell mostly refurbished items.
Don't buy refurbished. Most will have problems.
I returned one but you have to pay postage and insurance,which almost half the cost of the item.
Probably won't buy from them again after seeing all these negative reviews.

"This company has some interesting products, but they are often defective and returning them is a hassle. I recently purchased an item that worked for only 2 weeks. When I returned it, they wrote me back a letter that I had "violated" their return policy, and that they would consider my item abandoned. If you buy something from Heartland America, don't bother trying to return it. But some of the products are interesting, and as long as they work, can be a good value"

"Don't ever order from this company on the Internet they will change the prices while in the middle of your order like they are watching you type or something and if you are offered the save you money buy a certain amount they will waive the shipping well I believe they erased my second item on purpose to change to the fullest price as possible and the numbers to the address where erased for some strange reason, some kind of trick to get you to approve the amount they changed it too thinking your still getting all or both items at that time without telling you bout the second item delete, don't know how this happened after reviewing the total amount to be charged on my credit card throughly,,,,,And say "we will be glad to order the second item for you but you need to pay" and no shipping adjustment..THESE PEOPLE ARE PROFESSIONAL HUSTLERS FOR THE COMPANY! Please watch out! call in by phone instead of ordering threw the internet. They don't give a shit if they mess up your order, I believe they do this on purpose to get every extra money they can get big time some how and play dum, plus they like hanging up on you too, numerous calls to them!

"This company charges a membership fee of $43.98 whether you like it or not. If you didn't get their letter telling you "If you don't respond we will go ahead and charge you the membership" This is what I was told over the phone. After talking to several people and voice messages I got no resolve. They alos have my creadit card #. Everything I have bought in the past (about 3 years ago) I have had to send back. I was through with this company then but now just recently I have been charged $43.98...I would just like these terrible people out of my life. I am really really disappointed in this company and would suggest not to accept their catalog let alone buy anything from them!!!!!!"

"I will never do business with this company again! I have ordered from them several times for the past ten years, and usually have been pleased with the products and the service.
I am aware that some of these things are gimmicks; and made in China, and I know what I am buying, But their customer service I have received lately is beyond HORRIBLE. And they are not even an out-sourced company somewhere in the far east!! They are Americans!!
My time wasted in trying to correct an order and re-order the product has been just that -- a waste of time.
I finally suggested that if I wasn't shown some compensation for the terrible service I received, that I would stop being a customer. They had the nerve to offer a $10 gift certificate to be used with my next mininum order of $25. I said forget it.
I will not waste one more moment of my life with the people working for Heartland America. LG

Heartland America is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Heartland America is not a merchant member
Heartland America does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!