• Heartland Ameri

Product & services pricing Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Ordered an item at $19.99. Their other company, BF Deals, had it for $12.99. They would not match price even though they say they have a price promise on their site. Tony said they will not match it because you had to be a member. No where in their Price Promise did it say that. This company does not stand behind their promise. $7 will not make or break me, it is the principle of the matter. Tony also said BF Deals were not a part of them, which was a lie. He kept giving me different excuses. I am done with them and I will tell anyone who asks, DON'T BOTHER. They have been given good ratings by other people. I think that is because they did not have a problem yet. It will be interesting to see what happens when they do. To me, your promise is everything. You can't count on them to keep theirs. Customer Service is essential to a business. They don't care about their customers when they have a problem, just when they spend money. I will look elsewhere for this item with a better company. I order online frequently, so I deal with a lot of companies. I will drop them from my favorites list."

"I ordered a cheap antenna, hoping it would get me through the winter (until I could purchase and install a better quality antenna), and to get some idea what was available over the air in my area.

After installation, I was receiving 22 channels (as opposed to the 2 strong channels and 5 weaker ones that wouldn't lock in with our indoor antenna). It was great - FOR A WHILE.

The antenna is so small and provides such a weak signal on its own that the amplifier that comes with it is essential for proper operation.

UNFORTUNATELY, the amplifier died after roughly 1 1/2 weeks. Now, the antenna (by itself) is inadequate.

I contacted Heartland America and was told that the item had no manufacturer warranty and that it was outside the 30-day return period.

As I said, CHEAP LOW-QUALITY item(s) from this place. I will probably never order from them again.

"I regretful had purchased products from this company...Giving them my credit card to my bank a huge mistake...Heartland America charged my account a $44.98 membership fee without a letter or so much as a phone call! However Heartland agreed to pay the $44.98 fee back...However as well I am stuck with a $33.96 overdraft fee to my account! I talked to a manager and she blew me off claiming I was sent a letter and I replied I did not receive this Letter and Sometimes a letter isn't enough, You should have called! Furthermore I haven't bought a thing from you in years and I am tired of business charging people for memberships people do not want or ask for!"

"I tried to order from this company but could never do it. Because they said that my email was not listed as a email receiptent. I get email every day from this company on the same email address that does not exist with them. I called customer service 3 times and twice I got hung up on and the third time she gave a email address to Send an email to and ask y it's happening. This company just passes people along and does not help u at all. They lost me as a customer and will never give them as reference to anyone."

modified review This review was modified by Sonyawooten3 on February 19 2015 02:54:42 PM

"I ORDERED A MICKEY MOUSE. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO SHOW THE DAY,THE DATE AND THE TIME. THE DAY WAS IN CHINESE OR SOME OTHER LANGUAGE. I TRIED CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE ABOUT 6 TIMES AND THEY WOULD PUT ME ON HOLD. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM."

"Heartland America MN. Bait and switch on prices (you have to be a "member" to get best price). Cashed check but didn't send item for nearly 3 weeks. Box came damaged and remote was missing. HA wouldn't deal with it and referred us to manufacturer. Did not give a crap about customer service. If they had negative stars, would give that rating!"

modified review This review was modified by BillyRubin on December 24 2014 01:13:18 PM

"Heartland isnt even worth one star. Wont even bother to tell the story. Does no good to call them. Missing parts cant help you. Ask for a manager told she doesnt take calls. I have to buy parts locally. What amazes me is they have any customers at all. I learned in business a satisfied customer tells 3 people an unsatisfied customer tells 20. What a joke. My dumb, should have bought locally.
Smith, San Jose, CA

"I think that if someone has to pay something in this life, all that is needed is to purchase any item at HeartlandAmerica. The customer service is very unfriendly, then when they send you to the upper management all they tell you is "upps sorry you did not purchase the extended waranty. your ninety days expired a week ago".... It is very frustrating when they repeat the same sript over and over again. And yes, they have nice and good looking products but that's all there is apperance because their performance is only ninety days. I think this company is ran by thiefs. They sell only items that do not have the capacity to run to the expentancies that they advertise."

modified review This review was modified by delvalle on July 13 2014 11:51:57 PM

"Everyone needs to read this long list of BAD reviews on the kind of business Heartland America does before becoming a member or making a purchase. They sell junk made in China and guaranteed to have a short lifespan. If you do not mind throwing your money away, then take your chances. When you try to get support for a product that has stopped working, you may find that the manufacturer is no longer in business. If Heartland does not like your complaint, they will just disconnect.
Anyone who thinks because their name sounds like they are selling American products will be sadly mistaken.

modified review This review was modified by sunnyfla2 on April 07 2014 05:58:18 PM

"Stay away they are bad news they don't care about you only your money I will never buy from them again don't buy from them save your money chuck in TN"

"I shut off the phone cable and internet at the house.
I got the WIFI Antenna ran the disk plugged in the antenna...WOWEEEEEE Free internet..... Streaming video as fast as fiber optic. Watch a 90 Min movie it never stopped once and my PC is 8 yrs old........GREAT PRODUCT-----HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.....Very impressed and I am usually very hard to please.....Thank you again,,,,,,,Great customer service.
Michael M.

modified review This review was modified by MICHAELMMASTIDE on December 31 2013 02:36:26 PM

"Do not buy any electronic product from Heartland America.I bought a Memorex Boombox that was defective.Mailed it back and received another one.It no power cord with it.After calling cautomer service and receiving attitude.That I could just send it back or contact Memorex to buy the power cord.I bought six C size batteries to test the boombox before buying a power cord.Found out the the second on is defective also.I put in a compliant with the BBB.I find it amusing that the BBB gives this company a A+ rating.Because they sure don't give a fig about their customers.Sell junk products and know the products are junk and sell them anyway.It's a scam operation.They have your money and you received junk.They figure you won't return it because of the cost to mail.So they get your money and you get nothing."

modified review This review was modified by wolf47 on December 16 2013 11:05:03 AM

"Purchased an item that didn't work out of the box. Attempted phoning four times and line went dead in the middle of their recording each time. On the fifth attempt I waited on hold for 20 minutes as their recording repeated "someone will be right with you" every few minutes along with "Your call is very important to us" and "We appreciate you waiting during this very brief delay" and "Every effort is being made to make your wait as short as possible," etc., etc. I wish I'd read the other reviews before ordering from this company."

"Is it possible to give them 0 stars?

My mom purhased a Tornado Electric Snow Thrower from them late last fall but got sick and was unable to assemble it. I travelled 6 hours to visit her this weekend and she asked me to assemble it for her, only to find that the equipemnt was improperly manufactured and could not be assembled as the connecting cord from the motor to the control switch was an inch too short and could not be mounted to the handle.

It wouldn't have mattered if the item had been open the day after arrival, or 50 years later...it was never properly manufactured to begin with.

After 1/2 hour waiting on hold on the phone, I was told that they would do nothing to resolve the issue. So I guess that they deserve their poor reputation after having taken advantage of a sick 73-year old woman.

modified review This review was modified by Dean_G on March 17 2013 04:29:44 AM

"Heartland America is terrific...don't understand the bad reviews. I have been purchasing items from this site for years. When one of their items says "Factory serviced to meet original quality standards. May have slight cosmetic blemishes," then that item is refurbished and not new. They sell items for great deals and hard to find items. Really great site and great customer service."

Share Heartland America's store rating

Heartland America is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Heartland America is not a merchant member
Heartland America does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!