Heartland America Reviews - Heartlandamerica.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.67/10 72 reviews

Heartland America is not a merchant member
Heartland America does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Everyone needs to read this long list of BAD reviews on the kind of business Heartland America does before becoming a member or making a purchase. They sell junk made in China and guaranteed to have a short lifespan. If you do not mind throwing your money away, then take your chances. When you try to get support for a product that has stopped working, you may find that the manufacturer is no longer in business. If Heartland does not like your complaint, they will just disconnect.
Anyone who thinks because their name sounds like they are selling American products will be sadly mistaken.

modified review This review was modified by sunnyfla2 on April 07 2014 05:58:18 PM

"Stay away they are bad news they don't care about you only your money I will never buy from them again don't buy from them save your money chuck in TN"

"I shut off the phone cable and internet at the house.
I got the WIFI Antenna ran the disk plugged in the antenna...WOWEEEEEE Free internet..... Streaming video as fast as fiber optic. Watch a 90 Min movie it never stopped once and my PC is 8 yrs old........GREAT PRODUCT-----HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.....Very impressed and I am usually very hard to please.....Thank you again,,,,,,,Great customer service.
Michael M.

modified review This review was modified by MICHAELMMASTIDE on December 31 2013 02:36:26 PM

"Do not buy any electronic product from Heartland America.I bought a Memorex Boombox that was defective.Mailed it back and received another one.It no power cord with it.After calling cautomer service and receiving attitude.That I could just send it back or contact Memorex to buy the power cord.I bought six C size batteries to test the boombox before buying a power cord.Found out the the second on is defective also.I put in a compliant with the BBB.I find it amusing that the BBB gives this company a A+ rating.Because they sure don't give a fig about their customers.Sell junk products and know the products are junk and sell them anyway.It's a scam operation.They have your money and you received junk.They figure you won't return it because of the cost to mail.So they get your money and you get nothing."

modified review This review was modified by wolf47 on December 16 2013 11:05:03 AM

"Purchased an item that didn't work out of the box. Attempted phoning four times and line went dead in the middle of their recording each time. On the fifth attempt I waited on hold for 20 minutes as their recording repeated "someone will be right with you" every few minutes along with "Your call is very important to us" and "We appreciate you waiting during this very brief delay" and "Every effort is being made to make your wait as short as possible," etc., etc. I wish I'd read the other reviews before ordering from this company."

"Is it possible to give them 0 stars?

My mom purhased a Tornado Electric Snow Thrower from them late last fall but got sick and was unable to assemble it. I travelled 6 hours to visit her this weekend and she asked me to assemble it for her, only to find that the equipemnt was improperly manufactured and could not be assembled as the connecting cord from the motor to the control switch was an inch too short and could not be mounted to the handle.

It wouldn't have mattered if the item had been open the day after arrival, or 50 years later...it was never properly manufactured to begin with.

After 1/2 hour waiting on hold on the phone, I was told that they would do nothing to resolve the issue. So I guess that they deserve their poor reputation after having taken advantage of a sick 73-year old woman.

modified review This review was modified by Dean_G on March 17 2013 04:29:44 AM

"Heartland America is terrific...don't understand the bad reviews. I have been purchasing items from this site for years. When one of their items says "Factory serviced to meet original quality standards. May have slight cosmetic blemishes," then that item is refurbished and not new. They sell items for great deals and hard to find items. Really great site and great customer service."

"DO NOT BUY from this company. Warranty is only 30 days on everything. Bought 3300Watt Generator -- Great Price -- 1st time used it blew up. Customer Service said tough luck. Generator built for Heartland America, so you can not contact the manufacturer. BUYER BEWARE-----TERRIBLE COMPANY."

Rating 4/102/5

"Ordered 3 items.Two where defective.They sell mostly refurbished items.
Don't buy refurbished. Most will have problems.
I returned one but you have to pay postage and insurance,which almost half the cost of the item.
Probably won't buy from them again after seeing all these negative reviews.

Rating 4/102/5

"This company has some interesting products, but they are often defective and returning them is a hassle. I recently purchased an item that worked for only 2 weeks. When I returned it, they wrote me back a letter that I had "violated" their return policy, and that they would consider my item abandoned. If you buy something from Heartland America, don't bother trying to return it. But some of the products are interesting, and as long as they work, can be a good value"

"This company charges a membership fee of $43.98 whether you like it or not. If you didn't get their letter telling you "If you don't respond we will go ahead and charge you the membership" This is what I was told over the phone. After talking to several people and voice messages I got no resolve. They alos have my creadit card #. Everything I have bought in the past (about 3 years ago) I have had to send back. I was through with this company then but now just recently I have been charged $43.98...I would just like these terrible people out of my life. I am really really disappointed in this company and would suggest not to accept their catalog let alone buy anything from them!!!!!!"

"I will never do business with this company again! I have ordered from them several times for the past ten years, and usually have been pleased with the products and the service.
I am aware that some of these things are gimmicks; and made in China, and I know what I am buying, But their customer service I have received lately is beyond HORRIBLE. And they are not even an out-sourced company somewhere in the far east!! They are Americans!!
My time wasted in trying to correct an order and re-order the product has been just that -- a waste of time.
I finally suggested that if I wasn't shown some compensation for the terrible service I received, that I would stop being a customer. They had the nerve to offer a $10 gift certificate to be used with my next mininum order of $25. I said forget it.
I will not waste one more moment of my life with the people working for Heartland America. LG

"These people sell the cheapest junk in the world. Do not go by their photos or descriptions, just try to visualize whatever you're looking at made in the cheapest possible way using the cheapest scrap materials available and you will have some idea of what you will get. Or, take the asking price and divide it by 5 and that's what the item is really worth. They told me free shipping on an item, but charged $2 for what they called "extra shipping fees" and then another $2.99 for what they called "processing fees". Use their catalogs to start your wood stove."

"This outfit is a JOKE. At least their cheap chinese junk is. I ordered the hatchet knife, fallowed the reviews and it was a good price. I revieved it today, this thing is utter carbage. It is made of cheap metal, whether it is stainless steel or not is questionable.
The handle is of cheap metal. The blade itself is almost as thin as a piece of paper. This thing would snap in half or bend using it as a knife or hatchet.It is made in china, no suprise there and was not stated on their site.
The inside of the knucle rings are very rough, and would cut your fingers up if you even tried using it without gloves. This is terrible. I could have bought a cheap 10 dollar knife from my local flee market and had better quality.
Just a per warning, if you want a piece of crap chinese metal, then this is for you. People selling chinese junk in america is a part of the reason we are loosing jobs fast. Not to mention china has no envirmental safty laws, so who knows what chemicals or materials where made to use this. Theres a reason the u.s. has to recall half the stuff we get from china.
Not to mention, on their site it will not let you write a customer review so I doubt the reviews for this item where even real."Authentic" HA, yea right. There is no way in hell this would have ever cost $400 bucks. Its a cheap knock off replica. I wish I could say something good about this, but there is nothing good. Is it an authentic the Zachary crachett knife? No.
Maybe their other junk is better, but this was a waste of money. And from allot of people ive talked to sending something back is not as easy as it sounds. So im pretty much stuck with this. Live and learn. heartland america, you are not american and need to move over to china where your junk is made.

"2 times i ordered from heartlessland and 2 times very disatisfied!!!! Havent received my product but already paid my credit card for it! PLUS!!!!>>>> what rebate????? why would I want a 10.00 gift card??? OH YEAH.... to get ripped off again!!! Already went to BBB! Also, would be nice to know if product was on backorder or unavailable i wouldnt have order it!!!"