Stores > Harry and David

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
2016-12-29

Bad first impression - waiting on 2nd chance

"So....Harry & David is supposed to be the high end gift idea so of course for a doctor who saved my moms life we thought it was a perfect idea. We ordered the Christmas Peaches which were only available for a very limited time. We paid for them and they were to be delivered within 1 week. When they didn't show up, we called and OOPs they never left Harry & David...so now it;s too late for the Christmas Peaches so I had to settle for another item...still as of today no delivery. When I called they said the order was out for delivery;. We will see, they are due to be accepted by the end of tomorrow. I have my reservations that this order will be delivered. Gosh....they say you get what you pay for but in this case, I think Harry & David has lost their niche!!!!!"

2016-12-27

They Double Dip

"Harry and Davids has charged me for my order twice and had the audacity to blame my bank. . They have "authorized" my debit card for the full amount and then charged my debit card the full amount holding a nice sum of $. They are not a Hotel or Rental Car Company that uses this practice due to incidentals. When i called, customer service told me that i had to file a "treasury claim" and it could take weeks to get my money. Then when i talked to the supervisor she told me that it was my banks fault. I asked them if their website disclosed this practice and they stated that it did not ( I think their is a SOX or some government compliance that this violates big time) and that "executives were aware and were "reviewing the process". I will never ever every use Harry and Davids again. "

2016-12-21

Don't Trust Them

"I placed Order Number W008252194891xx on December 13, 2016 with the understanding that the order would be delivered “On Or Before Christmas”. Tracking my order December 20 revealed that the order (3 shipments) were slated to be delivered “On Or Before December 30, 2016.”

I called this company on December 21 and spoke with one of their Customer Service people. This person told me that PART OF THE ORDER HAD BEEN CANCELLED! To add insult to injury, the customer service rep agreed to repair the cancelled shipment for an additional charge of $11. They wanted me to pay extra to repair what this company caused in the first place.

This is my first order experience with Harry and David. It WILL be my last.
Now I have 4 days to replace the missing gifts. Good luck with that.
Such a breach of trust. Don't trust Harry and David. They clearly care little about their performance or reputation.

This review was modified by Fandrews on December 21 2016 12:10:46 PM

2016-12-20

Again, No Christmas Cheer

"I just want to vent my disappointment w Harry and David customer service and their ordering process. I placed my order on Dec. 17, 2016, still within the window of H&D Christmas delivery promise. At checkout I selected the shipping method that would "ensure" that my $175 worth of products would arrive all ready for Christmas delivery. Bang, order placed. Email confirmation, however, stated otherwise. One (1) product would be delivered on or before Dec. 23; the remaining three (3) products would arrive on or before Dec. 29.

I tried calling H&D customer service but was always placed on hold for 20 minutes at least. I finally used their chat feature. Oh boy, what a treat. I waited 10 minutes before being connected with a rep. Then it was like communicating with Captain Can't Do-It (Jayson N.). I explained my issued, Jayson apologized, but said nothing could be done. After stating that was unacceptable, I wanted to know why this glitch. Some mumbo jumbo about perishable and backorder. Neither of which were mentioned during the ordering process or at checkout.

I asked for a refund - No, order being processed. Stop the process - No, too late. Unacceptable - Hold on...how about we credit half of the shipping cost ($13). That's not good enough, I now have to buy more gifts to give out on Christmas Day - Hold on...would you like all shipping refunded ($26)? If given this situation, what would you expect H&D to do? - Hold on...We can cancel one (1) item for you, the $44.99 one. I ordered two (2) of those - Yeah, we can cancel one. Why not both? - One is ready for shipping. But the other one is not? - Yes. They are being shipped to the same address. – Too late to cancel one of them. Makes no sense. So on a $175 order, the best H&D can do is cancel one item, which is one of two of the same, but only one can be cancelled, and refund the $26 in shipping? - Yes. Again, not being able to give these items to people that I am traveling to see, and I now need to buy other gifts to give, H&D offers $26. Not, "we'll get something out to you", just $26. - We do apologize for the inconvenience, but that's the best we can do.

I finally told him to cancel what he could and refund all of my shipping costs. I also reiterated my displeasure in writing to H&D Customer Service. Brick wall. They offered to refund my shipping costs AND a 20% discount coupon for my next order. I guess I can give the coupon as a gift to some I don't like, hoping they'll have a similar experience as me. As of this posting my account has been credited for the shipping costs, but H&D Customer Service has weighed in and said they were unable to cancel the item that they said they could cancel (SURPRISE! Maybe I can get them to apply the 20% to this order.).

I am now in search of backup gifts and will be stuck with whatever H&D items do finally arrive (high dollar squirrel food). I stopped ordering from Harry and David several years ago because of this same issue, backordered items and late processing and shipping; never let me know that an item was out of stock or was delayed in shipping. It seems to be the H&D modus operandi and clearly they are all about orders, not helping the customer, just keeping the orders.

Well, H & D has received my last order and I will not be recommending to anyone that they consider Harry and David or any of the lines owned by 1800FLOWERS, except of course whomever I give that gracious 20% discount coupon to.

While I do hope Harry and David Customer Service personnel get to encounter the kind of experience I have had with Harry and David, I sincerely hope they all have a safe holiday season.

This review was modified by Butters2014 on December 20 2016 01:24:39 PM

2016-12-16

Harry and David will not be around much longer because of total lack of customer service

I ordered a gift for a friend on the 4th of December and called her today to check if the gift was received. My friend told me that the gift has not arrived. I checked the shipping status, which states the delivery on the 9th of December.
I called the customer service this afternoon and spend over 45 min on hold till I got to talk to the customer service representative. I was told that he was sorry that the gift did not get delivered and that he can send another package after 23rd of December. I explained that this will not work as the gift recipients are traveling and leaving the country on 20th of December. I asked to ship another gift that would arrive before 20th of December or fully refund me. I was told that they cannot do either of those things. Needless to say I am very disappointed with total lack of customer service and plan to never order from them again!
p.s. as rating is required, I will pick one star. If there would an option, for negative stars, I would pick one.

This review was modified by emartone on December 16 2016 05:15:05 PM

2016-10-15

Dull, overpriced, horrible quality.

"Despite me telling them otherwise, my family insists on sending me an apple and pear fruit mix every year. The quality is always pure crap! The apples are soft and tasteless and the pears dull as the paper packaging. The included cheese is always subpar and can be found significantly cheaper at any grocery store.

2016-05-07

Ex-coustomer of Harry and David

"Could not be more disappointed in Harry and David. After many years of using them, this year we ordered flowers for my mother-in -law mom to be delivered to Florida yesterday, at the time they were ordered delivery was "guaranteed" by mother’s day. We get a call yesterday that they will not be able to make the delivery. With the only effort in rectifying the situation a "20% discount on a future order”. So with on day to get something arranged, there will be no flowers for my elderly mother-in-law this year. customer service response "sorry that’s all we can do". I have probably used Harry and David on 20 different occasions in the past as well as passing on the good experience with friends and family who also use them. No longer, this is the last experience I will have with Harry and David and will be passing on this huge let down to my friends and family. Their site guaranteed delivery by mother’s day. If that is the case I don’t care if Harry or David themselves had to get in the car and get the flowers delivered, they should have been delivered on time. I am disgusted that instead of getting it done they call the day the basket is due to be delivered leaving us no notice for a customer to come up with an alternative. Just is disgraceful of Harry and David to handle things in this way. Very disappointing!"

This review was modified by jmissig on May 07 2016 11:38:42 AM

2016-03-21

Never give them your email address

"I ordered from the website ONCE, in 2014, and now they will not let me unsubscribe from their emails. Harryanddavid.com sends a lot of emails. This makes them a SPAMMER. Now their emails go to my spam folder automatically. "

This review was modified by Bondbuys on March 21 2016 08:01:10 AM

2016-01-09

"I ordered two gifts for business associates in mid-December 2015, One was delivered late and the other never. I contacted customer service several times and was assured of delivery before Christmas. I should have cancelled immediately and ordered from a different vendor. This was a very embarrassing situation and if customer service had just been candid about "fulfillment" issues I could have cancelled and shipped something else to my colleague on time. As late as this week (two weeks after Christmas) I am still getting emails giving me another runaround, and had to contact American Express to just get this order cancelled. Never again. No quality control in this company, one cannot rely on their service."

2015-12-23

"I received a gift box that the 3 packages of 8oz cheese had liqudfied after sitting out by my fron door unprotected from the 80 degree heat. It shipped from OH and was unrefrigerrated all that time. I called and was told they could replace the cheese on January 17th!!!! No offer to substitute as these weren't available. So here I sit with rotten cheese two small sausages and some stale crakers. Merry Christmas. PLEASE DON"T ORDER FROM HARRYANDDAVID>COM!"

2015-12-21

"This company is very unprofessional and I will never place an order here again or recommend anyone order from this company. We placed our order in December 2 as a gift for our boss. We paid an extra 19 dollars on top of the 14 dollars shipping to have it delivered to us on a specific day because it was products that needed to be refrigerated. We requested it be delivered on dec 17th which was the day of our Christmas party. On the 17th I call at approximately 10 am and I find out that it has been shipped and is scheduled to be delivered that day. At noon I received the message telling that not only was it not coming that day they ran out of what we wanted so they decided to send us a different basket with out asking or confirming it was what we wanted. That's not even the big issue because at that point we would have accepted anything just to have it to give up our boss. I call and complain and received 20 percent of and the shipping money back which was great but still not enough to cost us the embarrassment of telling our boss we didn't have his gift as we all received ours. So the lady time me that it would be coming Friday the 18th. Our office is closed every Friday so I asked to move it to Saturday. She said it was fine and guaranteed it would be here by Saturday for sure. Come Saturday there's nothing. Before our office closed I called the company again and they had no idea what day it would be delivered. The man tracked it and said it had just left nj so if can be here any time this week. Which of course is not what the company promised for a second time. It's now Monday and we have not gotten anything. Our fed ex driver has come and gone and he had nothing from this company. I'm very unhappy and disappointed with this company and the service we are receiving. When we order from company's like this it's usually for a gift and that gift should be sent when it's asked to be. Not days later with a different order you chose. Disgraceful. Never again

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 17, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Harry & David Customer Service wrote:

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Veljovic,

Due to an unexpected shortage, the original item that you had ordered for Mr. & Mrs. Sabrina Dangelo will not be available to arrive by your requested date.

Rather than disappoint your recipient, we have arranged to send our Grand Signature Gift Basket instead. This gift is expected to arrive by December 18th.

If you have any questions regarding the arrival of this gift, please feel free to reply to this e-mail, or call our Customer Support line at 1-800-345-5655.

We apologize for any disappointment that this may have caused and appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Best Wishes,

Dianne E-S.

Customer Service Support
2500 S Pacific Highway
Medford, OR 97501
Call Toll Free 1-800-345-5655

No matter what the occasion, we've got a gift to impress and delight them: Gourmet fruit and food, beautifully blooming plants, unique decorator items. See what's new and exciting - click here: http://www.harryanddavid.com/go/custservemail_product

2015-12-10

"My order of galettes (cookies) was shipped in a garbage plastic bag placed in a box. I'm done with H&D."

2014-12-18

"I ordered my gift baskets 12-5 with the delivery date estimated for 12-23. I made my order over the phone to ensure that my delivery dates would be clearly understood. I was charged an exorbitant fee of 19.90 and expected the delivery to go as planned. "Not So"....the packages were delivered the 18th. A week before Christmas. I was able to get my shipping credited back to my account (this hasn't been verified as yet) They also offered to send a letter of apology to my family about the early deliver. I didn't want them to do that- The damage was already done. Last year they received their gift from me a week after Christmas. I will not order from them in the future. I told them that they should have told me that they couldn't guarantee delivery date- Then I would have had to just hope for the best. But they didn't - they made me feel I could trust them to make the delivery on time.....obviously this isn't possible."

This review was modified by brendadunak on December 18 2014 11:22:52 PM

2014-04-28

"I placed an order and asked for expedited services, which I was told would be $19.95. That was OK with me, as I wanted my gift to arrive the next day. However, when I received a confirmation in the mail, I saw I was not only charged the $19.95 for "expedited delivery," but there was also a $9.95 charge for "standard delivery."

When I called customer service to find out why I was being charged for standard delivery when I was paying for expedited delivery, I was told that "standard delivery" referred to "shipping and handling." I explained that I was paying for "expedited" shipping at $19.95 and should not be paying double for shipping, but if they charged a handling fee then it should not be the full shipping and handling charge of $9.95.

Of course, the customer service person (who was very nice) couldn't do anything about it. I told her that it was very unfair to charge for shipping twice.

This may be the last time I'll be ordering from Harry and David.

This review was modified by manzolut on April 28 2014 07:52:49 AM

2010-12-30

"For the second year in a row, my parents have ordered Christmas fruit arrangements from Harry and David for distribution to friends and family...and for the second year in a row, they have failed to deliver the product as advertised and according to the agreed-upon delivery date. This year, my parents' order was 5 days late (although ordered in sufficient time to arrive the week of Christmas, the packages were delivered AFTER Christmas) so they weren't able to distribute the packages as they had planned (AND they sat around for a week waiting for the delivery). When engaging with customer service, the issues were NOT resolved in a timely manner and the company seemed not to be fazed at all at the consistent lack of customer service. More specifically, H&D did not follow-through on the order to ensure its delivery to the end-customer. Rather, once the packages were handed off to the delivery company, H&D considered their job done. We later learned that the shipping company that H&D used had handed the packages off to a third party for delivery to my parents (who were asked to back date delivery in their records). Needless to say that by the time it was delivered, the fruit had become overripe, discolored, and soft. My parents are thoroughly unsatisfied with the service they have received - or NOT received, I should say - and likewise, I am completely disgusted by the lack of regard for customers who (despite the repeated poor service) would still like to believe in Harry & David products.

If you have a choice of vendors, chose someone else. Trust me...

Share Harry and David's store rating

Harry and David is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Harry and David is not a merchant member
Harry and David does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!