Harry and David Reviews - harryanddavid.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 5.50/10 5 reviews

Harry and David is not a merchant member
Harry and David does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

Rating 6/103/5

"remove this review remove this review remove this review remove this review remove this review remove this review remove this review "

modified review This review was modified by on September 26 2012 07:46:50 AM

"For the second year in a row, my parents have ordered Christmas fruit arrangements from Harry and David for distribution to friends and family...and for the second year in a row, they have failed to deliver the product as advertised and according to the agreed-upon delivery date. This year, my parents' order was 5 days late (although ordered in sufficient time to arrive the week of Christmas, the packages were delivered AFTER Christmas) so they weren't able to distribute the packages as they had planned (AND they sat around for a week waiting for the delivery). When engaging with customer service, the issues were NOT resolved in a timely manner and the company seemed not to be fazed at all at the consistent lack of customer service. More specifically, H&D did not follow-through on the order to ensure its delivery to the end-customer. Rather, once the packages were handed off to the delivery company, H&D considered their job done. We later learned that the shipping company that H&D used had handed the packages off to a third party for delivery to my parents (who were asked to back date delivery in their records). Needless to say that by the time it was delivered, the fruit had become overripe, discolored, and soft. My parents are thoroughly unsatisfied with the service they have received - or NOT received, I should say - and likewise, I am completely disgusted by the lack of regard for customers who (despite the repeated poor service) would still like to believe in Harry & David products.

If you have a choice of vendors, chose someone else. Trust me...

Clayton CA
Rating 4/102/5

"The 4th order where I've tried to use a discount of $10, a promo offered on my wife's 1st order, but without success. Long list of emails explaining to them my problem without any resolution. A great company but need some work in the customer service satisfaction. Great products, however."

noodle192000's Avatar
Dallas, TX

"I've ordered from them several times and they're great for gift baskets. They ship their fruit, pears especially, just slightly underripe so they last a long time. Their prices and shipping can be a bit high, though."

USA - Left Coast

"I ordered the H&D classic fruit basket to be delivered to one my clients. I realized within 24 hours - before item was shipped - that I had a discount coupon code. so I mailed H&D to ask if they would apply the discount. They replied only a few hours later saying that the discount had already been applied.

My client notified me when the basket was delivered, which was within 7 days of my ordering. He said that the fruit was very good (not unripe or overripe) and that basket overall was great.

Harry and David provided me with extra consideration with the discount in a very polite and professional manner, the basket was delivered in a timely manner and was, according to my client, very good. Thanks, H&D - you are on my short-list for future gift-giving.