Stores > Harbor Freight Tools

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
2017-01-12

Preferred? Really?

"My husband went today to buy a sander that he had seen in ad. When told that to get that price he had to join the preferred club. Really? We left without the sander and the man in line before him had driven quite a distance for a special price on tool. Nope, sorry , you aren't a preferred member. If I want a warehouse club I'll go to Sams. Rey unhappy with this whole program, you would have to buy a lot of tools for it to work for you. Asked several employees about this and was told they just work there but heard many complaints daily about it. "

2017-01-06

Nothing available

"I bought a table saw (63118). The stand they sold me for it was (69805). I put it together and it was obvious it was not the right stand. I called them and they said that was the stand they sell with it. It is a universal stand. I told them the stand was about 18 inches too tall and the mounting holes did not match up with the saw holes. They said that was the only one they have, sorry. "

This review was modified by regularshopper2 on January 06 2017 07:54:46 AM

Cocoa, FL
2016-12-13

Not all that bad

"I kinda like Harbor Freight when buying in the store so I can actually examine the product. Plus the stores are a big toy store for DIYers.

However, buying online and shipping is not good; my last order stalled with HF telling me it was "Shipped" while FedEx was telling me "Label Created." Finally, seven days after ordering, Fedex tracking told me my item had been tendered to them and was on its way.

Shopping at HF you have to do your research. Some of their power tools are crap, but many are very similar to brand-name tools you will find in the box stores. Tools branded Ryobi, Wen, Craftsman, Rikon, and others likely come out of the same factory in China that the HF tools do. But the difference is in those individual brands' specific alterations to the basic design (beyond the cosmetic plastic or paint exterior changes). I am no expert on this, but I would submit that the HF tools are the bottom end of the spectrum in this regard; the other rebrands usually make some important improvements in their specs to the factory, whether it's motor power, component quality, design improvements, or whatever.

That said, I have a couple of HF Central Machinery power tools that are just fine (with some setup attention), and several HF-sold Pittsburgh and Drill Master accessories that are comparable to the much more expensive brand names.

This review was modified by trangler on December 13 2016 03:29:59 PM

2016-05-02

****Warning**** Harbor Freight Tools are anti-Christian!!

"I received my three-day coupon via e-mail on Sunday, May 1st; which ended that day, --Sunday, May 1st.
Today, Monday, May 2nd and after multiple attempts to reach this store with no answer all day long, someone FINALLY answered.
I just spoke on the phone with "Tod," the manager of the Harbor Freight store: at 3502 LAKEVIEW PARKWAY, ROWLETT, TX, at 972-412-3190: in reference to their three-day coupon discounts that ended on Sunday (the Lord's Day). I stated that I was not allowed to make nonessential purchases on Sundays (the Lord's Day), due to religious reasons. I then asked him if he would still honor my coupon. He firmly stated, "No I will NOT."

I think I will stop shopping there if they continue this anti-Christian attitude. I think will start shopping elsewhere from now on.

PAX

This review was modified by clars on May 02 2016 10:24:22 PM

2016-04-15

Absolutely the Worst in the Market

"I purchased a 450 lb tool box from Harbor Freight Tools. They had no problem taking my money. Three weeks went by with no toolbox. Finally the delivery truck company, Central Coast Trucking called to schedule an appointment for delivery. Don't get me started on these idiots. I sat around an entire day waiting for this tool box. They said they would be here from 11 to 1. They never showed up. Again, I called the next asking why my delivery did not show up.They said it was not in area yet. What.... why did you call me two days in advance for a delivery date. Anyway, they scheduled another two days out. I agreed to wait another day. Again, no show. I wished I would have read some reviews before I made the purchase. What a HUGE mistake."

This review was modified by menicksmom on April 15 2016 01:57:53 PM

2015-09-02

"terrible place of business"

2015-07-04

"power tools are junk don't wast your money I have the 67845 impact driver lasted exactly 1 month over warranty I notified them they have been sending me a self address postage paid sticker for 3 month now nothing but BS IM done with this cheap "tool shop""

2015-04-27

"I bought a garden cart for my lawn tractor to haul items in and out of my large yard at Harbor Freight. I bought the cart in October of 2014. We had snow almost immediately after I bought this item, so there was no time to put it together. Here in Ohio, we had about 2 feet of snow on the ground since October. It was a very hard winter for us all.

I opened the box in early April 2015 when the weather warmed to at least 50 degrees. I was so excited to put together my cart. I loved Harbor Freight Tools. It was one of my favorite places to go with my neighbor. I opened the box and started assembling it, I was more than halfway done when I noticed there was not a second side panel.

I emailed Harbor Freight in early April, but never received an answer. So I called and spoke to a young man named Richard. I told him my story, he spoke to his supervisor. His supervisor said ok, we will replace it. We will send you a return label and you can send it back by Fed Ex., it will all be paid for. I thought WOW, this company does treat it’s customers like family. I was impressed.

I waited, and waited, no label came. I called Harbor Freight again and spoke to a nice lady named, Eunice. I told her my story again. Her supervisor said, we will replace it, but you have to pay the shipping and handling. I told her, I cannot do that. It weighs a ton. I said how much does it weigh? She said 87 lbs. I said that is not fair!!!! This was your company’s error. I told her, I know it is not her personally but this is not what was agreed to in the previous phone call. She said you are still responsible, and said she would check with her manager again. He said, she will have to pay.

Well I told her this is NOT treating the customers like family and I will be telling everyone what happened. So this is my vow. I will NEVER shop at Harbor Freight again!!!!!

This review was modified by Cbear_85710 on April 27 2015 11:03:08 AM

2015-04-10

"what a garbage company,minimum wage employees run by a sweat shop supervisor to return nothing said it shipped last week when fedex told me they are waiting for it but HF won't cancel or refund money.the cust svc people can't even understand their english as a third language they are garbage and i will help to let people know and never buy anything from them.just refuse shipment but make sure there is no charge."

2015-04-04

"I have bought tools from these guys since they were barely in diapers. The quality is as you would expect for the price, buuuuuutttttttttttttt, I have never had any real complaints and the tools have worked well.
Recently I purchased a 12" compound miter saw from their store in Tigard Oregon. After getting it home and out of the box I found that the switch safety latch was broken and one of the rubber feet on the base was missing. I called the store the next morning and told them of the issues. They were happy to exchange the saw for a new one. The folks there unboxed the new one and we checked it over before I loaded it in the car. Great service. If you expect a $700 saw for $135 with a coupon, NOT GONNA HAPPEN, but for the $$$$$ its a great buy. For my bathroom remodel it will be sweeeeeeet. Harbor freight will get my business again, THANKS TROOPS

This review was modified by SnowyRivers on April 04 2015 04:09:50 PM

2015-04-01

"bought a 10" compound miter saw in nov. 2013. Plastic handle to adjust angle broke. Have the manual for the part but called those wonderful people at customer service and was told that part doesn't exist. Many many e-mails then phone calls to company resulted in me buying a decent saw but can't fix it. Mike mich e-mailed me to tell me to use this one for parts & buy another. SURE %&*HOLE. Got my money once not anymore. Guy at Lowes told me they tools are another brand that they refurbish &sell as new. I'm with everyone else & buying elsewhere. Hope HF goes down the toilet."

This review was modified by kenrshaffer on April 03 2015 11:46:36 AM

2015-03-01

"I ordered 2 sets of hollow shaft nut drivers a Metric set and an SAE set. About a week later I received the SAE set but they were solid shafts. I contacted customer service but was not satisfied with the response of just refunding my money. When I place an order for a specific tool I do not need my time wasted I will not shop with Harbor Freight again because of their poor customer service."

2014-12-29

"Forget about the minions.. the manager has no people skills and is as ignorant as they get!! Never seen such shit customer service!! seriously I've had better customer service from ebay!!! that should tell you all you need to hear...."

2014-10-03

"I have shopped at HF tools at least 75 times including online and in store. Many of the items work as expected but the problem is when it item is broken the first time you try to use it or it arrives broken. They have the worst customer service, they rarely will respond or make good on their problem or mistake. Unbelieveable how their hasnt been a class-action lawsuit against them. They already have the rep for very low cost and even lesser quality which is ok for a hunk of steel shaped and painted into a cheap tool but can they afford to have even worse customer service? In the US we do value customer service and HF will slowly go away for this reason. I hope the exec's in charge put a few more $ in cust service to remain in business."

This review was modified by Travel0926 on October 03 2014 11:21:48 AM

2014-09-22

"The 2500 pound electric wench with remote control is a piece of junk. I tried to use it for the second time about 4 months after I bought it and it failed. To top it off Harbor Freight would not replace it. I got about 10 min worth of use out the wench
Very poor service and an equally poor attitude toward a good customer.

This review was modified by Bill1865 on September 22 2014 12:27:16 PM

Share Harbor Freight Tools's store rating

Harbor Freight Tools is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Harbor Freight Tools is not a merchant member
Harbor Freight Tools does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!