• Harbor Freight

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10

"I bought a garden cart for my lawn tractor to haul items in and out of my large yard at Harbor Freight. I bought the cart in October of 2014. We had snow almost immediately after I bought this item, so there was no time to put it together. Here in Ohio, we had about 2 feet of snow on the ground since October. It was a very hard winter for us all.

I opened the box in early April 2015 when the weather warmed to at least 50 degrees. I was so excited to put together my cart. I loved Harbor Freight Tools. It was one of my favorite places to go with my neighbor. I opened the box and started assembling it, I was more than halfway done when I noticed there was not a second side panel.

I emailed Harbor Freight in early April, but never received an answer. So I called and spoke to a young man named Richard. I told him my story, he spoke to his supervisor. His supervisor said ok, we will replace it. We will send you a return label and you can send it back by Fed Ex., it will all be paid for. I thought WOW, this company does treat it’s customers like family. I was impressed.

I waited, and waited, no label came. I called Harbor Freight again and spoke to a nice lady named, Eunice. I told her my story again. Her supervisor said, we will replace it, but you have to pay the shipping and handling. I told her, I cannot do that. It weighs a ton. I said how much does it weigh? She said 87 lbs. I said that is not fair!!!! This was your company’s error. I told her, I know it is not her personally but this is not what was agreed to in the previous phone call. She said you are still responsible, and said she would check with her manager again. He said, she will have to pay.

Well I told her this is NOT treating the customers like family and I will be telling everyone what happened. So this is my vow. I will NEVER shop at Harbor Freight again!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by Cbear_85710 on April 27 2015 11:03:08 AM

"what a garbage company,minimum wage employees run by a sweat shop supervisor to return nothing said it shipped last week when fedex told me they are waiting for it but HF won't cancel or refund money.the cust svc people can't even understand their english as a third language they are garbage and i will help to let people know and never buy anything from them.just refuse shipment but make sure there is no charge."

"I have bought tools from these guys since they were barely in diapers. The quality is as you would expect for the price, buuuuuutttttttttttttt, I have never had any real complaints and the tools have worked well.
Recently I purchased a 12" compound miter saw from their store in Tigard Oregon. After getting it home and out of the box I found that the switch safety latch was broken and one of the rubber feet on the base was missing. I called the store the next morning and told them of the issues. They were happy to exchange the saw for a new one. The folks there unboxed the new one and we checked it over before I loaded it in the car. Great service. If you expect a $700 saw for $135 with a coupon, NOT GONNA HAPPEN, but for the $$$$$ its a great buy. For my bathroom remodel it will be sweeeeeeet. Harbor freight will get my business again, THANKS TROOPS

modified review This review was modified by SnowyRivers on April 04 2015 04:09:50 PM

"bought a 10" compound miter saw in nov. 2013. Plastic handle to adjust angle broke. Have the manual for the part but called those wonderful people at customer service and was told that part doesn't exist. Many many e-mails then phone calls to company resulted in me buying a decent saw but can't fix it. Mike mich e-mailed me to tell me to use this one for parts & buy another. SURE %&*HOLE. Got my money once not anymore. Guy at Lowes told me they tools are another brand that they refurbish &sell as new. I'm with everyone else & buying elsewhere. Hope HF goes down the toilet."

modified review This review was modified by kenrshaffer on April 03 2015 11:46:36 AM

"I ordered 2 sets of hollow shaft nut drivers a Metric set and an SAE set. About a week later I received the SAE set but they were solid shafts. I contacted customer service but was not satisfied with the response of just refunding my money. When I place an order for a specific tool I do not need my time wasted I will not shop with Harbor Freight again because of their poor customer service."

"Forget about the minions.. the manager has no people skills and is as ignorant as they get!! Never seen such shit customer service!! seriously I've had better customer service from ebay!!! that should tell you all you need to hear...."

"I have shopped at HF tools at least 75 times including online and in store. Many of the items work as expected but the problem is when it item is broken the first time you try to use it or it arrives broken. They have the worst customer service, they rarely will respond or make good on their problem or mistake. Unbelieveable how their hasnt been a class-action lawsuit against them. They already have the rep for very low cost and even lesser quality which is ok for a hunk of steel shaped and painted into a cheap tool but can they afford to have even worse customer service? In the US we do value customer service and HF will slowly go away for this reason. I hope the exec's in charge put a few more $ in cust service to remain in business."

modified review This review was modified by Travel0926 on October 03 2014 11:21:48 AM

"The 2500 pound electric wench with remote control is a piece of junk. I tried to use it for the second time about 4 months after I bought it and it failed. To top it off Harbor Freight would not replace it. I got about 10 min worth of use out the wench
Very poor service and an equally poor attitude toward a good customer.

modified review This review was modified by Bill1865 on September 22 2014 12:27:16 PM

Harbor Freight Tools User

"Fist off, their shipping is slower than hell. Placed an order last week for 9 items for a total of 120.00.
Received shipment yesterday, box contained 2 items, one was a 13 PC socket set, that only had 12 sockets.
After calling customer service, come to find out, only one box was supposed to ship. So where are my other 7 items? They don't know.
I told them to cancel order, refund my card, and I will never buy from them again.

"I am so pissed. My family have been long time customers of yours. I bought a $25 gas can that has broken twice on me. First the seal tore, then the nozzle base craked and gas poured all over my motorcycle. It broke at 60 days and am now just getting around to dealing with it. The manager said past 90 days nothing can do about it. Honestly that's fine because the product is garbage anyway. I will go online and purchase a replacement nozzle from another company. What pisses my off is the time and gas wasted driving to your store 3 times for a can. Me and my family will no longer do business with your company. Im sure that doesn't bother you any, but in todays world of social media, Im going to make sure to post this on every review site possible. Maybe I keep potential new customers away from making the same mistake. For me, If your going to make a product that lasts less than 90 days, people shouldn't waste their hard earned money. Instead pay a little more and get something that lasts."

modified review This review was modified by newroyalty on July 29 2014 06:24:53 PM

"I bought a pressure washer 2200 psi in 07/04/2014, when I received the order they sent me a 2000 psi I called back and explain everything and told them to send me the right one, so they sent to my email a return label for fed Ex. I sent it back, for an exchange but, they deliver it again and guest what? They sent me again the 2000 psi. So again I have to call and the customer service being rude, mean, with attitude, disrespectful, yelling at me treating me like, it was my fault and giving me a hard time, I had to talk with the manager the name is Jess. He apologize sent me again the return label. I spent money again in gas to return it on fed Ex they told the information was no on the system so I called again talk about 30 min with the representative, angry, disrespecful I told her again let me talk again the the supervisor, he sent another label and fed ex told is not on the system call again after 50 min waiting I decide to call back and return to the store, and call again to complain to the headqurters and that was even worst, very bad service and yelling at me. After all I will never buy here, AND DO NOT RECOMEND HARBOR TO ANYBODY"

modified review This review was modified by johnnie224 on July 17 2014 06:56:17 PM

"HF has low cost stuff. I've purchased some items there and have been quite pleased. Don't expect to use their products in the commercial construction field but for someone like me who uses an item for small jobs and around the house I'm happy.
As far as their stores the ones in my area are well stocked, neat and have nice people working in them.
You can't beat the free items you get just or walking in.

modified review This review was modified by joemama931944 on June 08 2014 05:20:24 PM

"I am (was) a first time customer at Harbor Freight Tools recently and purchased a few items I thought I would be able to use when I settled into my new (and very small) apartment. As it turns out, I didn't have room for them so I had to return them. All of the items were completely in tact and in the exact same unopened condition as they were when I purchased them. Additionally, I confirmed that none of the items had been discontinued. I had unfortunately misplaced my receipt during the chaos of my move. By the time I found it, and would be able to make it to HFT (it is out of my town) it would be 3 days after the return policy ended. I called to find out if a credit return would still be possible. After I explained what happened, I was told a credit would be granted since none of the items were opened and it was only a few days after the return policy period. When I arrived I was told that because it was after the return policy date they would only issue me a "gift card". I have no need for a gift card as I will never purchase items from a store that tells me one thing on the phone and another once I arrive. They apparently don't understand that good Customer Service pays off tenfold. This was my first and last shopping experience at HFT. "

modified review This review was modified by idobuystuff on May 09 2014 11:45:47 AM

"The Survival Nut fans: Yes, you can do it! You can 'prep' on a budget! One coupon at a time, one item at a time, one well-planned trip to Harbor Freight can get you started!

Read it here: http://www.thesurvivalnut.com/2014/03/19/survival-tip-survival-on-a-budget-can-be-done/

Harbor Freight Tools are cheaply made. Anyone with a brain can see this immediately. Take that into account when you purchase their products.

This does not mean that you should not purchase their products--some of their products can be used appropriately. I like their magnesium fire starters and their flashlights.

modified review This review was modified by CShell2014 on March 19 2014 03:37:27 PM

"Sleezy "customer review" practices. I can guarantee you that the reviews that are visible on the HF site are cherry picked. Nearly every hand tool I've ordered online or fondled in their store has had some sort of glaring defect in it that would cause it to fail quality control of a name-brand, yet when you check the "reviews" for these products, they will almost always be "5 stars". Bottom line: be very wary of the reviews on their site when making a purchase.

Not everything is bad...their pry bars, levels, and some of their electric tools are pretty good for the price. But hand tools are really a crapshoot of poor quality control and poor metallurgy. Even stuff you may think "they can't possible screw this up" (basic hand tools that have existed since the industrial revolution) they'll find a way to....you've been warned!

modified review This review was modified by bigbob12356 on March 16 2014 02:28:27 AM

Share Harbor Freight Tools's store rating

Harbor Freight Tools is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Harbor Freight Tools is not a merchant member
Harbor Freight Tools does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!