Stores > Harbor Freight Tools

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Harbor Freight Tools by clicking a star below.
2017-09-01

Their two day shipping is a lie.

"I ordered some items August 30th at 7 a.m. and selected two day shipping. Tracking shows the order will not arrive until September 5th. By my calculations, these items should arrive on September 1st. Customer service said that orders don't download for shipping until late afternoon and are pulled for shipping the next day. So one day down already on the shipping. There is no way with this practice that you could ever actually get two day shipping. They are lying about their 2-day shipping. Don't use!"

2017-07-10

Harbor Freight 1/2 Right Angel Drill

"Item 63062 1/2 Right Angle Drill is very heavy, bulky and noisy. I returned to the store in Allentown PA in its original box after two weeks. The manager insisted on charging me $26 restocking fee.
It seems store management are similar to the tool as they have very short sighted compare to short life tool. I would not recommend to buy this junk tools

2017-06-28

Customer service plays stupid!

"I ordered 3 parts online and when I received my box one part was not in the box (the main part I needed) which costed $4.99. I called them back and told them this and they checked the stock and this time said it would take 10-12 weeks for delivery cause the part was a special order part. I told them I couldn't wait that long so just cancel the part (which i already paid for on my credit card) and send me another part for $4.99. They told me I would have to pay for that item plus shipping. I told them NO I already paid $4.99 plus shipping for a part I didn't receive. I am not going to pay a 2nd time for an item I didn't receive! They transfered me 3 TIMES to different people and everybody played stupid. The one guy asked me if I received the replacement part yet I wanted to order to replace the $4.99 item. I said NO STUPID THAT IS WHY I AM ON THE PHONE TODAY...HOW CAN I RECEIVE A REPLACEMENT PART WITHIN THE HOUR OF WHAT I AM TRYING TO ORDER NOW! They play stupid...so they made $5 off of me. Not calling Harbor Freight online again ever!!!!"

2017-03-27

**** poor service in Worcester Ma.

"I was sent the wrong way in the store, yelled at ,called a thief ( I overpaid ) and brushed off for help loading a 250lb press (I'm handicapped. ) I was yelled at a second time not to steal the cart. This worker is phyco. Worst store I've ever been to."

2017-03-24

Worst experience ever!

"We should have learned from the pass, but no we didn't, Augusta ha has the worst customer service, we have never been treated kindly in this store, and I will never shop there again, and I'm going to tell everyone sbout it"

2017-03-18

Chinese junk.scam artists

"Don't buy anything at Harbor Freight you expect to work it is all Chinese junk it will fall apart in a matter of weeks and then they refuse to take it back it's all garbage you pay for something that is substandard quality at a substandard price"

2017-01-12

Preferred? Really?

"My husband went today to buy a sander that he had seen in ad. When told that to get that price he had to join the preferred club. Really? We left without the sander and the man in line before him had driven quite a distance for a special price on tool. Nope, sorry , you aren't a preferred member. If I want a warehouse club I'll go to Sams. Rey unhappy with this whole program, you would have to buy a lot of tools for it to work for you. Asked several employees about this and was told they just work there but heard many complaints daily about it. "

2017-01-06

Nothing available

"I bought a table saw (63118). The stand they sold me for it was (69805). I put it together and it was obvious it was not the right stand. I called them and they said that was the stand they sell with it. It is a universal stand. I told them the stand was about 18 inches too tall and the mounting holes did not match up with the saw holes. They said that was the only one they have, sorry. "

Cocoa, FL
2016-12-13

Not all that bad

"I kinda like Harbor Freight when buying in the store so I can actually examine the product. Plus the stores are a big toy store for DIYers.

However, buying online and shipping is not good; my last order stalled with HF telling me it was "Shipped" while FedEx was telling me "Label Created." Finally, seven days after ordering, Fedex tracking told me my item had been tendered to them and was on its way.

Shopping at HF you have to do your research. Some of their power tools are crap, but many are very similar to brand-name tools you will find in the box stores. Tools branded Ryobi, Wen, Craftsman, Rikon, and others likely come out of the same factory in China that the HF tools do. But the difference is in those individual brands' specific alterations to the basic design (beyond the cosmetic plastic or paint exterior changes). I am no expert on this, but I would submit that the HF tools are the bottom end of the spectrum in this regard; the other rebrands usually make some important improvements in their specs to the factory, whether it's motor power, component quality, design improvements, or whatever.

That said, I have a couple of HF Central Machinery power tools that are just fine (with some setup attention), and several HF-sold Pittsburgh and Drill Master accessories that are comparable to the much more expensive brand names.

2016-05-02

****Warning**** Harbor Freight Tools are anti-Christian!!

"I received my three-day coupon via e-mail on Sunday, May 1st; which ended that day, --Sunday, May 1st.
Today, Monday, May 2nd and after multiple attempts to reach this store with no answer all day long, someone FINALLY answered.
I just spoke on the phone with "Tod," the manager of the Harbor Freight store: at 3502 LAKEVIEW PARKWAY, ROWLETT, TX, at 972-412-3190: in reference to their three-day coupon discounts that ended on Sunday (the Lord's Day). I stated that I was not allowed to make nonessential purchases on Sundays (the Lord's Day), due to religious reasons. I then asked him if he would still honor my coupon. He firmly stated, "No I will NOT."

I think I will stop shopping there if they continue this anti-Christian attitude. I think will start shopping elsewhere from now on.

PAX

2016-04-15

Absolutely the Worst in the Market

"I purchased a 450 lb tool box from Harbor Freight Tools. They had no problem taking my money. Three weeks went by with no toolbox. Finally the delivery truck company, Central Coast Trucking called to schedule an appointment for delivery. Don't get me started on these idiots. I sat around an entire day waiting for this tool box. They said they would be here from 11 to 1. They never showed up. Again, I called the next asking why my delivery did not show up.They said it was not in area yet. What.... why did you call me two days in advance for a delivery date. Anyway, they scheduled another two days out. I agreed to wait another day. Again, no show. I wished I would have read some reviews before I made the purchase. What a HUGE mistake."

2015-09-02

"terrible place of business"

2015-07-04

"power tools are junk don't wast your money I have the 67845 impact driver lasted exactly 1 month over warranty I notified them they have been sending me a self address postage paid sticker for 3 month now nothing but BS IM done with this cheap "tool shop""

2015-04-27

"I bought a garden cart for my lawn tractor to haul items in and out of my large yard at Harbor Freight. I bought the cart in October of 2014. We had snow almost immediately after I bought this item, so there was no time to put it together. Here in Ohio, we had about 2 feet of snow on the ground since October. It was a very hard winter for us all.

I opened the box in early April 2015 when the weather warmed to at least 50 degrees. I was so excited to put together my cart. I loved Harbor Freight Tools. It was one of my favorite places to go with my neighbor. I opened the box and started assembling it, I was more than halfway done when I noticed there was not a second side panel.

I emailed Harbor Freight in early April, but never received an answer. So I called and spoke to a young man named Richard. I told him my story, he spoke to his supervisor. His supervisor said ok, we will replace it. We will send you a return label and you can send it back by Fed Ex., it will all be paid for. I thought WOW, this company does treat it’s customers like family. I was impressed.

I waited, and waited, no label came. I called Harbor Freight again and spoke to a nice lady named, Eunice. I told her my story again. Her supervisor said, we will replace it, but you have to pay the shipping and handling. I told her, I cannot do that. It weighs a ton. I said how much does it weigh? She said 87 lbs. I said that is not fair!!!! This was your company’s error. I told her, I know it is not her personally but this is not what was agreed to in the previous phone call. She said you are still responsible, and said she would check with her manager again. He said, she will have to pay.

Well I told her this is NOT treating the customers like family and I will be telling everyone what happened. So this is my vow. I will NEVER shop at Harbor Freight again!!!!!

2015-04-10

"what a garbage company,minimum wage employees run by a sweat shop supervisor to return nothing said it shipped last week when fedex told me they are waiting for it but HF won't cancel or refund money.the cust svc people can't even understand their english as a third language they are garbage and i will help to let people know and never buy anything from them.just refuse shipment but make sure there is no charge."

Share Harbor Freight Tools's store rating

Harbor Freight Tools is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Harbor Freight Tools is not a merchant member
Harbor Freight Tools does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!