Product & services pricing Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"I have shopped at HF tools at least 75 times including online and in store. Many of the items work as expected but the problem is when it item is broken the first time you try to use it or it arrives broken. They have the worst customer service, they rarely will respond or make good on their problem or mistake. Unbelieveable how their hasnt been a class-action lawsuit against them. They already have the rep for very low cost and even lesser quality which is ok for a hunk of steel shaped and painted into a cheap tool but can they afford to have even worse customer service? In the US we do value customer service and HF will slowly go away for this reason. I hope the exec's in charge put a few more $ in cust service to remain in business."

modified review This review was modified by Travel0926 on October 03 2014 11:21:48 AM

"The 2500 pound electric wench with remote control is a piece of junk. I tried to use it for the second time about 4 months after I bought it and it failed. To top it off Harbor Freight would not replace it. I got about 10 min worth of use out the wench
Very poor service and an equally poor attitude toward a good customer.

modified review This review was modified by Bill1865 on September 22 2014 12:27:16 PM

Harbor Freight Tools User

"Fist off, their shipping is slower than hell. Placed an order last week for 9 items for a total of 120.00.
Received shipment yesterday, box contained 2 items, one was a 13 PC socket set, that only had 12 sockets.
After calling customer service, come to find out, only one box was supposed to ship. So where are my other 7 items? They don't know.
I told them to cancel order, refund my card, and I will never buy from them again.

"I am so pissed. My family have been long time customers of yours. I bought a $25 gas can that has broken twice on me. First the seal tore, then the nozzle base craked and gas poured all over my motorcycle. It broke at 60 days and am now just getting around to dealing with it. The manager said past 90 days nothing can do about it. Honestly that's fine because the product is garbage anyway. I will go online and purchase a replacement nozzle from another company. What pisses my off is the time and gas wasted driving to your store 3 times for a can. Me and my family will no longer do business with your company. Im sure that doesn't bother you any, but in todays world of social media, Im going to make sure to post this on every review site possible. Maybe I keep potential new customers away from making the same mistake. For me, If your going to make a product that lasts less than 90 days, people shouldn't waste their hard earned money. Instead pay a little more and get something that lasts."

modified review This review was modified by newroyalty on July 29 2014 06:24:53 PM

"I bought a pressure washer 2200 psi in 07/04/2014, when I received the order they sent me a 2000 psi I called back and explain everything and told them to send me the right one, so they sent to my email a return label for fed Ex. I sent it back, for an exchange but, they deliver it again and guest what? They sent me again the 2000 psi. So again I have to call and the customer service being rude, mean, with attitude, disrespectful, yelling at me treating me like, it was my fault and giving me a hard time, I had to talk with the manager the name is Jess. He apologize sent me again the return label. I spent money again in gas to return it on fed Ex they told the information was no on the system so I called again talk about 30 min with the representative, angry, disrespecful I told her again let me talk again the the supervisor, he sent another label and fed ex told is not on the system call again after 50 min waiting I decide to call back and return to the store, and call again to complain to the headqurters and that was even worst, very bad service and yelling at me. After all I will never buy here, AND DO NOT RECOMEND HARBOR TO ANYBODY"

modified review This review was modified by johnnie224 on July 17 2014 06:56:17 PM

"HF has low cost stuff. I've purchased some items there and have been quite pleased. Don't expect to use their products in the commercial construction field but for someone like me who uses an item for small jobs and around the house I'm happy.
As far as their stores the ones in my area are well stocked, neat and have nice people working in them.
You can't beat the free items you get just or walking in.

modified review This review was modified by joemama931944 on June 08 2014 05:20:24 PM

"I am (was) a first time customer at Harbor Freight Tools recently and purchased a few items I thought I would be able to use when I settled into my new (and very small) apartment. As it turns out, I didn't have room for them so I had to return them. All of the items were completely in tact and in the exact same unopened condition as they were when I purchased them. Additionally, I confirmed that none of the items had been discontinued. I had unfortunately misplaced my receipt during the chaos of my move. By the time I found it, and would be able to make it to HFT (it is out of my town) it would be 3 days after the return policy ended. I called to find out if a credit return would still be possible. After I explained what happened, I was told a credit would be granted since none of the items were opened and it was only a few days after the return policy period. When I arrived I was told that because it was after the return policy date they would only issue me a "gift card". I have no need for a gift card as I will never purchase items from a store that tells me one thing on the phone and another once I arrive. They apparently don't understand that good Customer Service pays off tenfold. This was my first and last shopping experience at HFT. "

modified review This review was modified by idobuystuff on May 09 2014 11:45:47 AM

"The Survival Nut fans: Yes, you can do it! You can 'prep' on a budget! One coupon at a time, one item at a time, one well-planned trip to Harbor Freight can get you started!

Read it here: http://www.thesurvivalnut.com/2014/03/19/survival-tip-survival-on-a-budget-can-be-done/

Harbor Freight Tools are cheaply made. Anyone with a brain can see this immediately. Take that into account when you purchase their products.

This does not mean that you should not purchase their products--some of their products can be used appropriately. I like their magnesium fire starters and their flashlights.

modified review This review was modified by CShell2014 on March 19 2014 03:37:27 PM

"Sleezy "customer review" practices. I can guarantee you that the reviews that are visible on the HF site are cherry picked. Nearly every hand tool I've ordered online or fondled in their store has had some sort of glaring defect in it that would cause it to fail quality control of a name-brand, yet when you check the "reviews" for these products, they will almost always be "5 stars". Bottom line: be very wary of the reviews on their site when making a purchase.

Not everything is bad...their pry bars, levels, and some of their electric tools are pretty good for the price. But hand tools are really a crapshoot of poor quality control and poor metallurgy. Even stuff you may think "they can't possible screw this up" (basic hand tools that have existed since the industrial revolution) they'll find a way to....you've been warned!

modified review This review was modified by bigbob12356 on March 16 2014 02:28:27 AM

"Bad customer service - They shipped me the wrong parts and it took a long phone call to convince them to refund the $96.94 shipping charge in addition to the cost of the product. They only agreed to do this after their warehouse confirms what I told them and offered to send pictures of. They sent the wrong package and are holding onto my money until I can prove it to them in their slow process. Photographs to expedite the process aren't accepted. This is a two part order and the other half hasn't been received. They require I wait to receive the other merchandise and then call back and go through another conversation. Multiple attempts to speak to a supervisor were denied."

modified review This review was modified by JByrd47 on March 11 2014 06:33:38 AM

"PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE !!! There is not a HFT near me. While visiting Lafayette, La. I bought the circular saw sharpener. When I got home I assembled it to find it was missing the flanges that holds the sharpeneing blade in place. I work retail so I'm use to missing parts. I Emailed customer service explained the problem gave receipt info and asked them to ship the parts since I do not live near a HFT. They responded saying they " would not ship the part " that I needed to take it back to the store.
Now I will summarize the following Emails to shorten many Emails.
I replied saying again not near a HFT.
They replied saying they would not send parts needed but could return it for replacement.
To shorten more. We'll pay shipping but there could be " restocking fee".
Me: why should I have to pay restocking fee when parts were missing ?
Them: no restocking fee.
I just want my money back by now.
Them: No. Replacement or take it back to a HFT for refund.
Me: I drove 2 hours one way to the closest HFT to get my money back.

I will never set foot in a HFT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by cochise011 on January 01 2014 09:02:53 AM

"Bought an air compressor. Used it once a month at most. Maintained the unit perfectly the all time. Recently the check valve blew in pieces. I was lucky that I was not close to get hurt. Tried with ranch to take apart but I could not. It broke more like a piece of glass. I went to the store and showed the unit and part to the store manager with no luck. Very rude and not helpful at all. With broken part in my hand he was not believing what I was saying, so I had to go back home and bring the unit at the store to show him. He reminded me that's why their products are cheap while I reminded that NOBODY BEATS HFT QUALITY,SERVICE AND PRICE.
Ordered the part from HFT website and got the wrong one.

modified review This review was modified by pumatx on December 21 2013 06:05:12 PM

"I called the local Harbor Freight (4200 south east street, Indianapolis) to ask a question about one of their advertised items. I guess you are limited to two questions per call, because after a whole 30 seconds on the phone, the lady said she was busy and hung up on me. I will never buy anything from their store again. Most of it is junk anyway."

modified review This review was modified by jlmslsolw on December 07 2013 06:43:28 AM

"Customer service apparently doe not exist."

"I ordered a 30" belt sander. It arrived in a "used" condition. I contacted their "customer service" on August 2, 2013. I heard from the finally on August 21. Their on-line customer service stinks. Their local store customer service is A+++. I encourage anyone reading this review to use their store if you want to purchase from this vendor. Stay away from on-line shopping!"

Harbor Freight Tools is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Harbor Freight Tools is not a merchant member
Harbor Freight Tools does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!