Stores > Hammacher Schlemmer
  • Hammacher Schle

Product & services pricing Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
Voice your opinion! Review Hammacher Schlemmer by clicking a star below.
2017-06-20

hammacher sclemmer is a rip off

"get smart google before buying from them ..nasty people and terrible customer service..

hope they close soon..

**** hammacher sclemmer

2017-05-18

Not my business ever again!!

"Two months later and I am still waiting for my refund!! I had to phone (from Canada) and finally lose my cool before
an agent found my return ....which was still NOT awaiting return from Canada....two months later.!!! Oh guess what...It
is in our warehouse now!!!! I still have not been credited ....But any day now I am told!!! NEVER again!! BUYER BEWARE

2017-05-14

over priced, poor quality products

"Do not be fooled by thinking the products in this catalog are special, high quality. For a gift, I received a flex garden hose. Printed on the bottom stated that the material used in this product may cause cancer. I also decided a pair of swim goggles & a multi charging station. Swim goggles were not as expected & the charging station quit working after 6 months. This company is a rip off."

2017-05-01

Canceled three orders without telling me!!

"Absolutely horrible. I thought this was a top-notch company with a hundred year old history. However, if I were the shareholders of this company and read all the 1 star reviews I would be seriously worried and would bring about a wholesale change in customer service.

Without boring you with the details, all I will say is that I placed three orders worth about $1,000 in total. After receiving confirmatory emails, they contacted me to say they needed the bank telephone number on the back of my credit card. Huh?? That is the first time any retailer has asked me for that and I am a frequent shopper. I provided it but time went by without hearing from them. When I entered the order tracking numbers several weeks later I was horrified to find that the items had not even shipped! Really? I called customer service who apologized and told me that one item had been discontinued and the other two had been canceled due to lack of credit confirmation. To say I was mad would be a gross understatement. There is no problem whatsoever with my credit and I couldn't believe they hadn't contacted me again to let me know there was an issue they could not resolve. Instead they just canceled and moved on. Well, HS, that is the last order I will ever make from your esteemed company and I will move on too.

2017-01-28

MIsleading guarantee

"I advise anyone thinking of buying from this company to first get a copy of their print catalog and compare the terms of the product guarantee there to the terms on the HS website.
To quote their website: "The Hammacher Schlemmer Lifetime Guarantee. We make an unconditional and unwavering promise: Our merchandise is guaranteed for life.....If any product purchased directly from us ever disappoints you, for any reason, you may return it for exchange, credit, or refund."
Now, in the print catalog we discover that "guaranteed for life" does not mean your life, it means the lifetime of the product "under standard non-commercial use", an ill-defined period that apparently HS can define as it chooses. And do not expect to receive a refund if you have had the product for more than a year. The catalog says that after a year, only gift certificates will be given. Oh, and, by the way, returns are subject to undefined "service fees", which, for all you know, could be more than the value of the returned item.
When I pointed out these discrepancies to their service department, they agreed to refund the full cost of an item I was returning, including shipping charges. Still, I would not recommend buying from HS until they put an honest statement of their product guarantee on their website.

2017-01-27

Don't trust them

"Their promotion says you can return for any reason; BUT, they do not clearly state, before you order, that if you are dissatisfied with the product you will pay for shipping to yourself and back to them. I wasted $22.90 on shipping on a product that was not adequately described.

I'll never do business with Hammacher Schlemmer again.

2017-01-03

UNRELIABLE, UNPROFESSIONAL

"I ordered a Tap-A-Tune Musical Glove set from this company in time for Christmas, but to our great disappointment, it was cancelled without any prior notification (not through phone, email, snail mail). I had told my grandson about this and he looked forward to this immensely. This was a very shocking un-gift for a disappointed child. When I inquired about this after seeing that the order was cancelled without notifying me, it took 3 unsuccessful email tries ("We will respond in 24 hours" - lie!) to get an answer, until I finally had to call customer service. The explanation was that the company knew they could not deliver until April so they cancelled the order. My rating should be a negative star!"

2016-12-22

Surprised, NOT!

"Ordered an expensive "surprise" Christmas present for my husband and requested it to be gift wrapped so he wouldn't know what it was. Box came in with the product's pictures and uses stamped all over the outside, gift wrap was listed as "packed separately." Uhmmm?? So called customer service and she credited me for my gift wrap that I didn't get. Also said she'd credit me for shipping, but uhmmm... there was no shipping cost since the product was expensive. I thought Hammacher Schlemmer was high-end, top of the line retail. Guess not. Thanks for screwing up Christmas guys! Hope yours is Merry and full of surprises."

2016-12-21

You Get What You Pay For

"I have been a loyal fan of Hammacher Schlemmer for over 10 years. I have ordered hundreds of products from them and I have not had an issue with the refunds returns or exchanges. Their customer service is top notch and they stand behind everything that they sell."

2016-12-20

Zero stars

"This company is a joke!!! I placed an order November for a Christmas gift and on December 20th I still have nothing and nobody can give me a solid answer on when (or if) it will ship in time. Will never do business with them again!! Terrible customer service!! They don't care about their customers."

2016-11-23

Not impressed

"I purchased piano gloves. The are rubbish. I'm a professional musician expectations were too high. They started out at 39.00 ended up at 69.00. I had to pay $22.00 to return by UPS. For a complete refund. Very disappointed. You told me .$10..95 to return. All in all this item cost me over $80.00 what Rip. Off.i expect a full refund."

2016-11-21

No STARS Please

"I purchased an LP cabinet that said it held 1,200 records. It holds 640. They told me that the vendor said it holds that many if they are out of the sleeves!!! Totally false advertising and fraud. Customer Service was a nightmare. DO NOT BUY from them!"

2016-09-13

Caution! They lie and just don't care.

"I purchased a robe advertised as a "travel" robe. I am 5'4" and weight 120 pounds. I ordered an XS. I paid $7.95 in shipping costs. Was so excited to finally have a decent robe to throw in my suitcase! Wrong! The "travel" robes weighs 1 1/4 pounds!!!! AND, the XS would even be too large on my 5'8" mother-in-law! So because of the deceptive descriptions, I asked for a free return or to at least have my original postage credited back! Nope! Even talked to a customer service supervisor who told me she always travels with a robe that weighs 3 pounds! Liar! Just think how heavy 3 pounds is! Now I am out over $16 for absolutely nothing. SO...I wanted to write a review of the robe to warn others. Could find no way to do that. Only review for the robe listed is one glowing one. Will never shop with this company again. Horrible customer service."

2016-02-25

Incompetant Customer Service

"If you email these folks a question about anything you can't get a straight answer or a personal response without begging for it over and over. They must scan for a few catch words or phrases and then select (sometimes incorrectly) a standard boilerplate response and send that to you. This idiocy may account for some of the complaints herein. I actually had to explain (twice!) the difference between giving out (renting) my name & address and getting it in from someone else (something I try to put a stop to). Do you believe these are native English-speakers who can't distinguish between the words give and get? Something's very wrong here. I don't trust these people, I don't like doing business with idiots, and I encourage you to do some comparison shopping. Their prices have always been crazy.

2015-12-28

"This is the poorest excuse for customer service I've ever seen. They failed to deliver my item and don't seem to care. It was ordered a month before Christmas and now it MIGHT be delivered in January. I called to inquire and on the timing and when I asked to talk to a supervisor the customer service rep hung up on me.

Don't bother with this company - order from someone else who actually cares.

Share Hammacher Schlemmer's store rating

Hammacher Schlemmer is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hammacher Schlemmer is not a merchant member
Hammacher Schlemmer does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!