Stores > Half Price Car Audio

• Half Price Car

• Address: Half Price Car Audio 4319 S. National Suite #278 Springfield, MO 65810
    • Contact: sales@halfpricecaraudio.com
    • Phone: 1-877-701-4253
    • Customer Support: 1-877-701-4253
    • Business Hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm (CST) Mon-Fri Closed Saturday Closed Sunday

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2016-04-30

Very Rude

"I purchased 3 subwoofers from them. When one blew I sent it back. They told me that they count not replace it because they didn't have anymore. But the could send me one which was half of the wattage of the others, or I could get in store credit or a refund. So I looked at there website and could not find anything I would use. Before I did they sent me a receipt for the speaker and was about to ship it. I called them and got a very rude lady who continually kept interupting me and would not allow me to explain my situation. I tried to explain to her I was working with Jerome and per his email those where my options. She would not listen and told me no refund or store credit. I said I will just send jerome a email. Jerome was very nice in the beginning but takes a while to respond. However I fin ally got him to reply, but he told me I already handled it with the other lady.... would use another word she was far from a lady.... but they just sent it anyway. I will be getting with bbb the state commission and whoever else I can. And when I'm done I will go to small claims. Do do business with these people. Poor customer service. 4/30/2016 So bad because I could have went to kicker directly now I can do anything... stuck with a speaker I can't use. "

This review was modified by Angrycustmer127654 on May 03 2016 05:49:04 AM

2016-04-20

Complete Mickey Mouse basement organization

"I'll start off by saying I should have checked out some of these reviews prior to ordering. I ordered a dual sub it was apprx a hundred dollars the money came out my account immediately. A few days later I received a email that says the piece was damaged and a replacement order would take 2 to 3 weeks before it reached them, then who knows probably another 3 weeks before I would actually get it. I replied to the email to just cancel and credit back my account as that wouldn't work for me. A week later I had heard nothing, so I called the "company " and I use that term extremely loosely, so that I could find out what the hold up with my credit was. I was told that they never received a reply regarding a request for refund. I let that male rep. know that I wanted my money back he said he would send request and I would get it soon. Still know refund yet, it's been three weeks since my original order. I just got off the phone with a very rude young lady, who told me my refund was still being processed. I explained to her the ridiculous amount of time that this process was taking, and that an apology would have been the way my call should have been handled she hung up on me... I called back to get the same clown on the phone I requested to speak with a supervisor after the typical trying to figure out who I was and why I was calling, I was placed on a 33 minute hold and eventually disconnected again. DON'T ORDER FROM THIS SITE!"

This review was modified by Retailgod13 on April 20 2016 08:48:46 AM

2016-04-07

Extremely Unhappy!

"I was suppose to get our speaker box five days after ordering it on 3-18-16 I had to cancel my order becouse I was told it would take two to three weeks after 4-2-2016 to receive my box. I cancelled it and called back again today 4-7-2016 to ask why I wasn't receiving a confirmation of a refund so the customer service person requested it again and now I receive a email saying my item has shipped 15 days late on getting here and I already purchased a new one that only took three days with shipping and ordering from Amazon who I think is wonderful! Any way this company is not professional and don't order from them I still don't have my money! And the customer service person hung up on me tonight so here you go Jerome fix this it says all of my calls were recorded so fix this you owe me almost $90!"

This review was modified by sjs24 on April 07 2016 04:35:55 PM

2016-02-29

Stay away

"Worst online experience ever.....I was charged for an order that never even went through. I have contacted them four times to get a refund and they claim they never charged me (even though I have the charge on my credit card statement). Don't purchase from them!!!!! The only reason for one star is you can't do NO STARS!!!"

This review was modified by NotInterested40 on February 29 2016 06:48:18 PM

2015-10-14

"HUGE SCAM ARTISTS!!!!!!! DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

2015-05-06

"Terrible service products and customer service... i ordered just a basic sub box from them. And sub box wont fit subs. Tried to contact them and they made sum excuse needs sanding and hit with rubber mallet bt shouldnt have to do that. Read other reviews and also people say same thing. Sub boxes from these guys are terrible. Dont buy. Spend lik more and buy elsewhere "

This review was modified by stevenf7 on May 06 2015 07:17:34 PM

2015-05-06

"I ordered a simple car stereo FM antenna cable. Ordered on 4/30/15. One week later I check email to see about delivery. Hmm, never received any emails from them as they state that you will receive an email when your order has shipped. So I go to the web site and check. Hmm, order still has not processed. Call customer service. Hmm, they have no idea why it has not even been received by THEIR warehouse! Needless to say I cancelled order. Let us see how long THAT takes to get my $6.88 back. BOOOOOOO Half Price!"

This review was modified by JimmyCrackedCorn-Idontcare on May 06 2015 12:53:16 PM

2014-11-28

"How is this company still in business?!?! First of all customer service is HORRIBLE and so are the manufacturers. I ordered 2 12" subs in the sub box and when they got here they were damaged so I sent them back before I went back off to college. They agreed to send me a new set.
I came home last week looking forward to seeing my new speakers and everything was separated. 2 separate speakers and a separate box that I will have to put together, BUT WAIT I can't because the box isn't even the right size for the speakers (too small) and they didn't send me any wiring to hook up the speakers. I called to get a refund or for them to replace my box with a bigger one and they said they couldn't because its past the 60 day warranty. Literally the worst company I have ever dealt with and will NEVER order from them again!

This review was modified by WilliamBaggett on November 29 2014 08:10:20 AM

2013-11-19

"VERY POOR CUSTOMERY SERVICE!!! THEY WILL NOT GET ANOTHER PENNY OF MY MONEY. I placed an order for a Planet Audio 12” sub in August. When the SUB arrived it was defective. I then contacted the company and they have me a RA # to return the SUB. I returned the SUB at a cost of $13 to ship it back to the company. They then set me a replacement SUB, the same SUB as originally ordered. When the replacement SUB arrived it was also defective. It had the same problem as the original SUB shipped. I contacted the company and told them that it was also defected. I requested that when the SUB was returned that I would be able to order a different SUB. I was told to ship the SUB back with the original RA#. I shipped this sub back at a cost to me of $13. I then waited for notification that the credit had been applied to my order. This did not happen. Then I received some calls from the company wanting to know what I wanted them to do about the return. The messages were left on my phone because they were calling during regular work hours. I tried repeatedly to contact the company and every time I called I was left on hold for long periods of time and then they phone would hang up. I was never able to get connected with an actual person. On 11/1/2013 I finally used the Chat system from their website. I had to wait but finally someone connected with me. When I told her what I was trying to get worked out she told me that I would have to contact Planet Audio because they were not able to warranty the SUB. I told her that they had the SUB I had returned it. After some poor customer support communications she finally agreed to ship me a different SUB. The SUB that I am now ordering is less than the original SUB and I will not be refuneded that money. I was also told that I would not be reimbursed for the shipping costs that I have had returning the other 2 SUBs. As of 11/18/2013 I had not received the new SUB nor had I received any communications from the company. I once again contacted Customer Support in a Chat Session. I told him I was contacting them to find out why I had not received the new SUB. I was told that he saw I had a credit. I went over everything again. I told him the SUB I had been waiting on since 11/1 and he assured me that he was going to get it shipped yesterday and I would receive tracking information on the SUB by 5:30pm. I did not receive any more communication from them. I have now been waiting over an hour for a Customer Service Rep to connect with my Chat Session. I am trying to find out what the problem is now."

This review was modified by jdunaway01 on November 19 2013 08:18:15 AM

2013-11-18

"Hi
My name is Charles
This was the first time I have ever ordered any car audio online. The package arrived here aS theY promised.There was a little bang on the box but what can i say, 65 pound box through the mail. Cant complain !!! Anyway, I would order another box from them no problem. Highly recommended

This review was modified by charlierladin on November 18 2013 08:48:00 AM

2013-06-26

"I purchased a stereo for a customers car and when I installed the stereo it was defective. I messaged the seller (Half Price Car Audio) they told me to send the stereo back and I did and the customer didn't want to wait for a replacement from Half Price Car Audio so I asked to be refunded for the original sale price plus the return shipping.Half Price Car Audio received the defective stereo but kept giving me excuses why they hadn't given me my refund and this went on for over two weeks after they had the defective stereo in there possession. Then I called and talked to a customer service representative at eBay... the eBay representative agreed with me that I should have received my refund long before now and he sent them a message and asked me to send one more also asking for my refund. Then the seller (Half Price Car Audio ) sent a message back and said that I had to call them...so I did...I got put on hold for 12 minutes the first time-then hung up on then on hold for 9 minutes the second time and then there customer service representative said he would give me my refund but only if I gave them positive feed back !...This is why they wanted me to call them because this not allowed according to eBays rules and regulations. I will never purchase anything from this company again ! My advice to anyone is to NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM "Half Price Car Audio""

This review was modified by GARYSCAR on June 26 2013 08:01:31 AM

2013-02-26

"I wish i could rate them a 0. Worst/most rude customer service. My story: ordered 2 12" subs and a box, recieved a damaged box. after dealing with them for 3 days to send it back they finally got it.
It has now been 2 weeks later and i still have no replacement box. they kept refusing to refund my money or give me a discount on the box for having to wait so long. will never do business with them again and highlyyyyyy recommend staying away from them on ebay and their website. worst car audio i have ever dealt with. still waiting for the new box by the way. im completely furious and wish they would be shut down.
FedEx is also a joke and will not be doing business with any of those who use them as a primary shipping method.

2012-11-19

"I wanted to write a bad review, but it seems eveyone has beat me to the punch. This shop is absolute garbage. They sent me the wrong items, and it turns out I did not even need them. However they wouldnt give me my money back, just store credit. I didnt open then package and only had the items for 2 hours. DONT DO BUSINESS HERE, they suck!"

2012-09-20

"please be aware this company is false and all their products are used i try ordering new kicker sub and few hours later they gave me the excuse that hey had a accident in the warehouse and that they would have to send me a refurbished one....this has happen already to 3 other people i know please be aware no wonder there name is halfprice car audio "

2012-09-10

"Very fast shipping . . . crazy saving on the sub and enclosure that I ordered . . . just had it installed on Friday and it sounds fantastic. Great people to work with."

Share Half Price Car Audio's store rating

Half Price Car Audio is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Half Price Car Audio is not a merchant member
Half Price Car Audio does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!