• Address: Half Price Car Audio 4319 S. National Suite #278 Springfield, MO 65810
    • Contact: sales@halfpricecaraudio.com
    • Phone: 1-877-701-4253
    • Customer Support: 1-877-701-4253
    • Business Hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm (CST) Mon-Fri Closed Saturday Closed Sunday

"VERY POOR CUSTOMERY SERVICE!!! THEY WILL NOT GET ANOTHER PENNY OF MY MONEY. I placed an order for a Planet Audio 12” sub in August. When the SUB arrived it was defective. I then contacted the company and they have me a RA # to return the SUB. I returned the SUB at a cost of $13 to ship it back to the company. They then set me a replacement SUB, the same SUB as originally ordered. When the replacement SUB arrived it was also defective. It had the same problem as the original SUB shipped. I contacted the company and told them that it was also defected. I requested that when the SUB was returned that I would be able to order a different SUB. I was told to ship the SUB back with the original RA#. I shipped this sub back at a cost to me of $13. I then waited for notification that the credit had been applied to my order. This did not happen. Then I received some calls from the company wanting to know what I wanted them to do about the return. The messages were left on my phone because they were calling during regular work hours. I tried repeatedly to contact the company and every time I called I was left on hold for long periods of time and then they phone would hang up. I was never able to get connected with an actual person. On 11/1/2013 I finally used the Chat system from their website. I had to wait but finally someone connected with me. When I told her what I was trying to get worked out she told me that I would have to contact Planet Audio because they were not able to warranty the SUB. I told her that they had the SUB I had returned it. After some poor customer support communications she finally agreed to ship me a different SUB. The SUB that I am now ordering is less than the original SUB and I will not be refuneded that money. I was also told that I would not be reimbursed for the shipping costs that I have had returning the other 2 SUBs. As of 11/18/2013 I had not received the new SUB nor had I received any communications from the company. I once again contacted Customer Support in a Chat Session. I told him I was contacting them to find out why I had not received the new SUB. I was told that he saw I had a credit. I went over everything again. I told him the SUB I had been waiting on since 11/1 and he assured me that he was going to get it shipped yesterday and I would receive tracking information on the SUB by 5:30pm. I did not receive any more communication from them. I have now been waiting over an hour for a Customer Service Rep to connect with my Chat Session. I am trying to find out what the problem is now."

modified review This review was modified by jdunaway01 on November 19 2013 08:18:15 AM

"Hi
My name is Charles
This was the first time I have ever ordered any car audio online. The package arrived here aS theY promised.There was a little bang on the box but what can i say, 65 pound box through the mail. Cant complain !!! Anyway, I would order another box from them no problem. Highly recommended

modified review This review was modified by charlierladin on November 18 2013 08:48:00 AM

"I purchased a stereo for a customers car and when I installed the stereo it was defective. I messaged the seller (Half Price Car Audio) they told me to send the stereo back and I did and the customer didn't want to wait for a replacement from Half Price Car Audio so I asked to be refunded for the original sale price plus the return shipping.Half Price Car Audio received the defective stereo but kept giving me excuses why they hadn't given me my refund and this went on for over two weeks after they had the defective stereo in there possession. Then I called and talked to a customer service representative at eBay... the eBay representative agreed with me that I should have received my refund long before now and he sent them a message and asked me to send one more also asking for my refund. Then the seller (Half Price Car Audio ) sent a message back and said that I had to call them...so I did...I got put on hold for 12 minutes the first time-then hung up on then on hold for 9 minutes the second time and then there customer service representative said he would give me my refund but only if I gave them positive feed back !...This is why they wanted me to call them because this not allowed according to eBays rules and regulations. I will never purchase anything from this company again ! My advice to anyone is to NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM "Half Price Car Audio""

modified review This review was modified by GARYSCAR on June 26 2013 08:01:31 AM

"I wish i could rate them a 0. Worst/most rude customer service. My story: ordered 2 12" subs and a box, recieved a damaged box. after dealing with them for 3 days to send it back they finally got it.
It has now been 2 weeks later and i still have no replacement box. they kept refusing to refund my money or give me a discount on the box for having to wait so long. will never do business with them again and highlyyyyyy recommend staying away from them on ebay and their website. worst car audio i have ever dealt with. still waiting for the new box by the way. im completely furious and wish they would be shut down.
FedEx is also a joke and will not be doing business with any of those who use them as a primary shipping method.

"I wanted to write a bad review, but it seems eveyone has beat me to the punch. This shop is absolute garbage. They sent me the wrong items, and it turns out I did not even need them. However they wouldnt give me my money back, just store credit. I didnt open then package and only had the items for 2 hours. DONT DO BUSINESS HERE, they suck!"

"please be aware this company is false and all their products are used i try ordering new kicker sub and few hours later they gave me the excuse that hey had a accident in the warehouse and that they would have to send me a refurbished one....this has happen already to 3 other people i know please be aware no wonder there name is halfprice car audio "

"Very fast shipping . . . crazy saving on the sub and enclosure that I ordered . . . just had it installed on Friday and it sounds fantastic. Great people to work with."

"still waiting...... ordered last week waited.. called 8/31 to find out delivery not coming, order had been canceled, after receiving email order has been successfully shipped.(thought that ment i'd be receiving a package) so reordered on 8/31 employee promised to contact me directly if no shipment. waited...answered a message left on work phone, directed to call fedex. called fedex they were attempting to drop package at a texas address.. I live in georgia. called half audio who this whole while are just assuring me not to worry (was told 1-3 day delivery, shoulda been by 8/31) told to call back fedex. apparantly my responsibility to try and stop fedex from shipping a package to an address provided by half. i was unsuccessful my package has been delivered to someone in texas. called half, promised to ship another, gave another tracking # talked to fedex, said package tagged to try and retrieve from the texas address and ship from there to me in ga. so asked the fedex rep, what now she just says,unable to retrieve. called half again who now tells me didn't actually ship yesterday shipped today. waiting.. just checked email new tracking # get this, destination texas,UNBELIEVABLE, called half late now everyone gone home. guessing speedy delivery not happening. waiting... "

modified review This review was modified by hellooooooo on September 06 2012 06:23:46 PM

"BEWARE!!!!! THIS PLACE HAS EBAY ADS THAT ARE FALSE ADVERTISED!!!! THEY HAVE ADS ON EBAY SHOWING THAT YOU GET THE BETTER QUALITY MERCHANDISE AND THEN WHEN YOU ORDER YOU GET SOMETHING DIFFERENT. MY SON HAD BEEN WATCHING A LISTING... WORKED ALL MONTH TO SAVE THE MONEY. HE WAS GOING TO GET A KICKER CAR AUDIO 15" 20HM TWO S15L3 LOADED CUSTOM SUBWOOFER BOX & ZX1000.1 AMP FOR $699.75. SO WE CALL AND TALK TO THEM ABOUT THE SYSTEM BEFORE WE ORDER (THIS LISTING HAD BEEN UP ALMOST A MONTH... IT WAS SUPPOSE TO END THE NEXT DAY WHICH WAS A SATURDAY ). THEY SAID THEY MIS TYPED THE AD... I TOLD THEM IT HAD BEEN UP ALMOST A MONTH. THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD NOT HONOR WHAT HAD BEEN POSTED EVEN THOUGH IT HAD BEEN UP THAT LONG. I TOLD THEM THAT WAS FALSE ADVERTISING, AND I WANTED TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR. (THIS WAS AT 5:40 AND THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO CLOSE AT 5:30) THE ASSOCIATE THAT WAS NAMED WILL PUT ME ON HOLD FOR A FEW MINUTES, GOT BACK ON PHONE SAID HE TALKED TO SUPERVISOR AND THEY WOULD HONOR IT, HE NEEDED MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND AN INVOICE THAT WOULD BE DETAILED AND I COULD PAY OFF IT THROUGH PAYPAL. HE SAID I WOULD GET IT WITH IN 30 MINUTES! WELL TODAY IS MONDAY AND STILL NO INVOICE, SO I CALLED THEM. THEY SAID THAT THEY ONLY TOLD ME THAT TO SATISIFY ME, AND THEY HAD NO INTENTION OF HONORING THE LISTING ON EBAY. HE SAID THE ONLY REASON THEY GOT MY EMAIL ADDRESS WAS SO THEY COULD BLOCK ME OFF OF THEIR EBAY LISTINGS SO I COULD NOT GIVE THEM A BAD REVIEW! SO IF THEY EVER TELL YOU THEY WILL SEND YOU AND INVOICE THRU EMAIL..... IT'S A LIE!!! HE SAID HE DID NOT CARE IF IT WAS FALSE ADVERTISING OR NOT THAT THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT BECAUSE THE LISTING CLOSED SATURDAY, AND I HAD NO WAY OF GETTING A HOLD OF THEM UNTIL MONDAY. THEY FIND WAYS TO MAKE THEIR MONEY... IT MAY LOOK LIKE A GOOD DEAL ON PRICES BUT I WOULD NEVER TRUST THEM TO PURCHASE ANYTHING. IF THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR LISTINGS THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY! I WILL ALSO BE REPORTING THEM TO THE BBB, EBAY & PAYPAL! ITS A SHAME THAT THEY FEEL THE NEED TO CHEAT PEOPLE THAT WORK HARD FOR THIER MONEY! HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE NOT GET THEMSELVES IN A BAD SITUATION WITH THEM!"

"This is the best online retailer I have ever dealt with! I couldn't be more happier with the custom dual subwoofer box I received for my Ford F150!!! I got it a day before the arrival date I expected it to come in and the customer service is one of the most impeccable I have experienced! I would highly recommend this seller to anyone, and most of my friends have the same thoughts as I am. If there was a higher rating than 5, this seller is a definite 200% for my satisfaction rate! Half price for high quality items with super-fast delivery and top-quality service! A++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Jamsmith on August 23 2012 07:45:46 AM

"Do not buy from Half Price Car Audio. They are jokes. Bought the wrong item by mistake, called within the same five minutes, and was refused a refund. So, I purchased two more items so that I could get a partial refund and still get the items I 'kinda' needed. They sold me a premium, which I'm sure is the same fuckin' thing as the regular, to make a few extra dollars off me. Then refunded 35.00, when the actual refund amount was 37.03. Does two dollars bother me? No, because I'm loaded, and IDGAF. But, the level of stupidity displayed by these half-ass, whack-ass, super joke of a business owners make me sick. Fuck them, I'd rather buy self-made shit from a retard off of eBay with 50% credibility. At least then, I'll feel like someone earned the money I spent."

"This group Lies and post false comments their shipping and service department are a joke and the product they sell is junk bought one speaker and they did not have it so they sent me a different one which was not equal"

"name says it all. half the price, for half the quality. "

"Shipping was extremely fast and item was exactly as described. I would highly recommend using Half Price Car Audio. Great pricing, fast and trouble free. 5* company for sure."

"Ordered speaker grills online. Received the wrong size and wrong generic brand items. Never opened the package. Returned to Half price. Ordered speaker grills online. Received the wrong size and wrong generic brand items. Never opened the package. Returned to Half price. Called and verified they received the returned items. Half Price has never credited my visa for the $29.78 plus my return shipping charges of $8.00. Original purchase confirmed returned on Sept 20, 2011. These guys are real jerks. They told me to file a complaint because they would just dispute my dispute and I'd never get my money back.

Half Price Car Audio is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Half Price Car Audio is not a merchant member
Half Price Car Audio does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!