Stores > H&M

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Such a pain in the ass trying to get a online order to go through. Tried multiple times to purchase something and my credit card was declined every time. Called my bank, everything was correct on their side..... multiple authorizations were showing that I tried to purchase something but at the last moment H&M declines my purchase. Called them to try to order over the phone but again credit card declined. They give me NO EXPLANATION as to why. So I ask my brother to use his credit card, we have the exact same cards, same billing/shipping addresses, he tries to order online....declined. Then he calls them to make the order over the phone, and what do you know? It processes fine. So I'm left here wondering... why are the orders declining over the internet but my brothers card works over the phone and mine does not? Makes no sense and is such a hassle. "

"Don't wast your time. Checkout process usually doesn't work. Customer Service doesn't know how to fix anything. Horribly managed business website. "

"Bought a pair of jeans that turned out to be cut wrong. They would not accept a return, despite my trying to return them 2 days after purchase, them not being worn, and having the receipt. Contacted customer service and they said it was my fault for not trying them on better."

This review was modified by nucwrath on July 25 2015 04:08:46 PM

"Will not order from them again......I placed an order that was to be delivered overseas, Puerto Rico to be exact, order date was 7/2, at checkout it stated the order would be delivered July 5-7, I tracked the order on the 8th and it says that the items were in FL, checked again on July 10th and the info hasn't changed. Emailed them inquiring, and they informed me that it will take up to 6 weeks to get there because IT IS GOING OVERSEAS! I answered telling them that my invoice said delivery july 5-7 even after the address was entered and it was clear that it was going to be shipped overseas......NO ANSWER!
So my fellow shoppers if you are overseas your items will take at least a month and a half to get to you!

This review was modified by joy4195 on July 14 2015 10:40:02 AM

"I bought all 4 items for my daughter, and she fell in love, I plan on shopping more here on-line, this is amazing, a very happy Mother."

"Dear hm online,

I so terribly hate to write this becAuse I do love your stuff. However your online system is terrible!!! You charge a shipping fee for returned items which are discribed horribly. I am stuck with an item that is not worth the 12 dollar shipping and handling both ways. I hope you get your priorities for your customer in order. Until then I will shop at cotton on because their customer service department are must more friendly and service oriented.

"Customer service is horrible! They misinformed me when I called before placing an online order and said no shipping was charged for exchanges. Based on this information I placed the order, had I known they did I wouldn't have. Weeks later when they finally got my exchange processed I realized they charged me for shipping and handling. Their reason was that I used their return label and they charged me to ship it back and not for shipping it to me again. They completely hid that information in the first call when I explicitly asked "do I get charged for shipping and handling on exchanges?" And they answered "no". I asked if there was anything they could do for the misinformation and they said they would give me 20% off my next purchase... What a joke! I spent a ton of money there and will no longer be a customer."

This review was modified by ssssssss2014 on May 11 2015 11:28:18 AM

"I purchased a suit online 4/25/15. Received email same day stating pants are out of stock. Called customer service immediately after receiving emal. Representative stated that this happens. The pants we're cancelled but the blazer was in processing. I asked to cancel blazer as I don't need half a suit. Representative stated I cannot cancel. I must return the item at my own expense for a refund. What?!??! Blazer has not shipped but cannot be cancelled. However they cancelled my pants because "this happens. " What a waste of my money and time. I'm out $5.95 return shipping for their error. Will not shop here again. I'll stick with Express or GAP. Heck even Aeropostale before H&M again. "

This review was modified by dali1985 on April 26 2015 07:31:50 PM

"I went to H&M in Swindon with my three girls. It was very busy, but the woman at the dressing room and then at the till was very friendly. I haven't received that great of customer service in a very long time. I just wished H&M's website had a customer appreciation or complaint section (although complaining to me is unproductive, I just don't shop at places when I'm disappointed). I'll defiantly be shopping there again. "

"ABSOLUTELY the worst experience I have ever had with any company. Exchanging items was such a hassle. I've driven 40 minute away twice to the closest store and WASTED my fucking money on gas and shipping items back to STILL have the items that don't fit and were damaged. It's taken over a month now. I'm stuck with these items I paid for and can't wear. Went from being my favorite store to worst. THANKS A BUNCH "

I have been visiting and buying from all your branches all around the world
But i have a complaint against your customer services and your sales team in your branch in (CityStars mall, Cairo,Egypt)
The sales team are very rude and the have a really bad attitude
They shouted in me and in my mother without any right and they did not want to apologize even when the managers forced them to.

The sales employer which called "Amr" gives a very bad image for your store
So please try to evaluate and train your employer well before letting them work in your team
I would never buy from your stores again because of what i have gone through .

It was a very embracing and bad situation to be in ,

Its a very unprofessional from you to make customers hates shopping with you because you are not truly dealing with your problem and try to solve it immediately.

Thank you.

"- H&M website doesn't recognize login when using Safari browser.

- Website rejected credit card payments multiple times using different credit cards

- A call to my bank confirmed they had received multiple authorization requests, which they approved, followed by cancellation of the charges by H&M.

- When calling customer service I had to escalate call to a manager who agreed to take order over the phone, as this option was not offered by tier 1 service person.

- No shipping options or estimated time for delivery are provided on website.

- All items are shipped via USPS "Package Services" which is the slowest service offered by USPS, supposedly intended primarily for bulk/junk mail.

- Order confirmation email verified the correct, separate billing and shipping addresses I submitted, but a subsequent shipping confirmation email revealed that they shipped to the home address by mistake instead.

- Shipment confirmation email contains a useless "tracking number" that is actually only for internal use and appears to be an order number. Email does not disclose shipping method or estimated time of arrival.

- To track order, you must log into their website, navigate your way to your previous order, and click on the non-prominently placed tracking link, in order to see shipment tracking info that is outdated by 24 hours.

- To see the real time tacking info, you must log into their website, navigate your way to your previous order, click on the non-prominently placed tracking link, copy the actual, 35 digit tracking number (also labeled "tracking number"), and then go to USPS.com and enter the tracking number there.

- When I called to complain about the shipping error their proposed solution was for me to wait to receive the package, take it to a post office and mail it back to them, wait for them to receive it and process a refund, and then place a new order and pray they send it to the correct address the second time around.

- Customer service confirmed they have a glitch in their system that ignores requested shipping addresses when shipments are processed. Despite this they make no attempt to communicate the issue to customers before or after placing their orders.

- Once again, this required a lengthy wait for a customer service manager who, after much argument, finally agreed to a 60% refund to make up for the multiple screw ups and my having to re-ship the item myself to its intended destination.

The only compliment I can offer is that their customer service managers have an uncanny ability to keep their cool when dealing with understandably pissed off customers. No doubt this comes from lots of practice.

This review was modified by freediverx on January 16 2015 09:53:06 AM

"I recently made a purchase on the H&M website, order No. 008287, this was my first order with them, since I love the style they sell… to make a long story short:
Strike 1. After placing my order, two days later I received an email saying that one of the items is out of stock and that I should call CS to receive another model, size, item… immediately called the CS department to receive a different item… (10-20 minutes from receiving the email) and they tell me it’s impossible for them to exchange the item; that the order was already processed and what I could do is order another item online.
Strike 2. When I receive my order I noticed that an item was missing, No. 55-3394, it was part of a gift for my husband.
Strike 3. Lastly, I notice that I reactive kids shoes…. I do not have kids… I did not order shoes.

Again, called CS and they tell me that once they receive the kids shoes, they will send me the belt…. So, this is my issue here: I life outside the U.S., sending the kids shoes I didn’t order will cost me around $7 to $8, same price I paid for the belt… and shopping online is supposed to be one of those hustle free things you do in life, but H&M is not meeting that “hustle free” online shopping experience for me. I will like to add that the CS representative suck big time… none of the three were able to help me in any situation.

My recommendation, go to the store… DO NOT SHOP ONLINE At H&M!

This review was modified by MarlenneR on July 22 2014 08:20:41 AM

"I love that you can find even their sale items online, but the shipping time for me was extremely slow. Better off just going into the store than to orer online"

"Today on 2014/4/06, my family and I received the worst customer service in our lives by two fitting room staffers named "Jeno/Gino/Jino/Geno" (male) and "Lam" (female) at the H&M branch in Tai Koo. I am not sure about the spelling of the male colleague's name but his lack of professionalism in the retail industry was surprising and appalling.Lam was verbally combative and visibly testy and irritated when I informed her that a fitting room was being used by my sister. Later on, Lam bluntly told my mother to stop changing clothles all the time, which is ridiculous since there was no one else waiting to use the fitting rooms and the fitting room is used to change clothles! Instead of apologizing or trying to make the situation better when my mom complained, she made the situation worse by loudly talking back to my mother. She started to gossip and whisper loudly with "Jeno" about my mom. Later on, Jeno rudely cleared out my sister's clothles in her stall while she was standing in front of the mirror. When she told him she wasn't finished and that he didn't ask her if she wanted the clothles, he exclaimed that the clothles didn't have her name on them. Throughout this ordeal, their attitudes were terrible and passive-aggressive. They were giggling and haughty when gossiping about my mother and rude when responding to our requests for their names. We hope another shopper will never have to go through such an experience again. My sister left the items she was going to buy because our moods were ruined."

This review was modified by kristine11111 on April 06 2014 08:13:24 AM

Share H&M's store rating

H&M is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

H&M is not a merchant member
H&M does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!