• Rating 1.07/10 7 reviews

HP Parts Store / Hewlett-Packard Development Company is not a merchant member
    HP Parts Store / Hewlett-Packard Development Company does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • HP Parts Store / Hewlett-Packard Development Company contact information

"What a joke and a bunch of liars these guys are! I ordered a laptop fan weeks ago after being told it was in stock and would y=take 3-4 days to ship. Then told it was back ordered so another 2 weeks. Today, on the day they said it would ship they called my home phone and said 2 more weeks. Almost 60 dollars for a tiny plastic fan and 11 dollars to ship it a month later is crazy. Also, the fan is garbage and is why they are back ordered. Mark my words, I will NEVER buy anything HP EVER again, worst customer service ever and very dishonest business with crap products to boot. Stay far far away"

modified review This review was modified by ihatehpproducts on November 21 2013 01:21:52 PM

"Do NOT use these guys. Seriously. Like everyone else, my experience was piss-poor. Here's my story:

On January 14th (a Monday, aka: fresh start for 'business days') I placed an order that was in stock. I chose expedited shipping because the difference was $4. Expedited shipping's policy states, "we strive for same-day shipment when ordered prior to 1PM". I ordered pretty late in the day, so I expected an easily shipped by tomorrow date.

Wrong.

4 days passed. I didn't get anything via email or phone. I eventually utilized their online chat to contact them and figure out what was going on. Here are some quotes from our discussion:

you: Can I get an update on HP Order Number: ######-#####

Person: We will be more than glad to check on that information for you.

Person: We will kindly request you to wait for 3 or 4 minutes as we research in the system for the information required, is it ok with you?

you: That's fine.

Person: Is it under the name of The PC Penguin?

you: That is correct.

Person: A ticket was created on 01/16 for an update on the order and the request of the ETA. The information provided by the Department in charge in our warehouse is that the part is no longer available. The part was replaced by part number 692382-001 the order will be cancelled in our system. They requested please to place a new order for part number 692382-001.

you: And am I the one that is supposed to be making that new order? Cause if I am, that' absolutely absurd, considering I didn't receive ANY kind of email regarding this information.

Person: We apologize but we are not able to create orders for our customers or the Department that created the notes is not able to do it as your personal information is required and we do not have access to that information.

you: Wow. Resellerratings.com was absolutely right about this place. Complete, freaking, joke. I don't even have an email inside of spam from you guys. Glad I contacted. When will this order be cancelled?

Person: It was cancelled 01/16/2013.
Person: No charge was created in your account.
Person: Would there be anything else I can give you a hand with today?

you: Yes there is.
you: When searching for the new part number:
you: Not available / not orderable.
you: What now?

Person: The part number 692382-001 is not available in our store, in order to get information about price and availability you will need to contact one of our resellers.

---

So, the part they suggested for me (I'm hunting for an aluminum lid to an HP Envy) was NOT aluminum, AND it wasn't even in stock. What a joke.

I eventually found alinc.com, and ordered it OVERNIGHT for $10 cheaper than HP had it for (including shipping!). This is the end of my tale. I suggest you heed the warnings made by others here, and AVOID THEM IF YOU CAN.

"Way overpriced. Slow to ship."

"My HP Envy 15 Beats Edition touchpad and keyboard both weren't working properly, so I ordered replacements from here which totaled over $100 (which is absolutely ridiculous, may I say). Shipping was quite fast, I chose standard shipping and it came within 2 days via Fedex Ground. I do not understand why the 2 parts were shipped in separate boxes, but whatever. I opened the box that had my touchpad in it, to find that the touchpad wasn't even there! All they sent was the little cable. I only needed the connector cable, but I paid $45 for what I thought was going to be a new touchpad board AND connector cable. I called the HP Parts Store immediately and they said that they would have to get me a reference number, then send it back, let them check it out, then they would send a replacement, but I was not going to wait 2 more weeks for that.

Then I opened the box containing the keyboard. Wrong part. I purchased a keyboard that said had "Beats branding", but I received a keyboard with no Beats branding at all. Now this isn't too major of an issue, but the fact that I didn't even get the part that I ordered really pi$$es me off.

The parts operate fine, but I'm still not understanding how they could mess my order up so badly. I will definitely not be purchasing another HP computer in the future. Once this runs its course, I'll fork out a bit extra for a MacBook, at least the money would be worth it.

"I needed a replacement screen for an HP G60-230US laptop. I ordered one based from the HP Parts Store on the fact of it being from the original manufacturer, the price, the fact that it was listed as In Stock and that Expedited Shipping was relatively inexpensive. After two days, my "Expedited" shipment, which was supposed to take place either Same Day or within 24 hours had not been shipped. After two additional days of calling and being told to wait another day, I found out that the screen was not in stock, but was in fact back ordered and MIGHT be available by July 1st."

"Awful service. The part I ordered showed in stock online but it wouldn't let me order it online on Saturday so I called on Monday to do it by phone. Said the part was in stock and I expedited shipping and they said it would be there by Friday. The guy told me twice I would get a confirmation email. Two days went by and no email. I called and they said they would send the email and the part had an ETA of Thursday and that I would get an email with a tracking number when it shipped. Didn't get an email with tracking so called back on Thursday.....they said the part was not in stock afterall and it would be two weeks before I got it. So I cancelled the order and found Laptop Parts Experts through Google and used them instead, and received excellent service."

The Merg's Avatar
Virginia

"Placed an order for a laptop system board on 06/23 just after midnight. In checking the website the later that day to check on the order status, it showed an estimated ship date of 07/01. When placing the order it states that standard delivery is 3-4 business days. I assumed that meant after it was shipped, but I didn't expect it to take 8 days to ship out.

I called to confirm the system was correct and was told that a request would be sent down to the warehouse asking that the part ship out sooner. On 06/24 around noon, I received an e-mail from HP Back Order Management stating my part had shipped and provided me a tracking number for Fedex.

When I received the system board on 07/01, I found that the grease kit that should have been included was not there. When I contacted HP Parts on 07/02 regarding this, I was told that the part description did not explicitly state the grease kit was included. I explained that the system manual states that all system board replacements include the grease kit and that I even had received instructions that mention using the included grease kit. I requested the grease kit be sent out to me and was told that a request would be sent to the warehouse, but they would be closed on Friday 07/03 so I wouldn't get a response until Monday.

On Monday, I contact HP Parts again. This time I was told that the grease kit could not be sent out as it does not have its own part number. In order to get it I would need to order another system board, receive it, remove the grease kit, and then return either of the system boards as defective. Of course, that meant at least another week of waiting and they could not guarantee I would not have the issue again. I passed and went out and purchased a grease kit.

As for my order status on the website, it still states that is open, being processed, and that no items have shipped.

I was not very happy with my service from HP Parts.