HP Home & Home Office Store (.hpshopping.com) User

"Made an order with this store a month ago and everything went OK. This month I went through ebates.com and was able to score a 10% cash back bonus! I was so excited I ordered again for x-mas presents for the kids. All good right? No, now HP suddenly won't accept my order anymore. They see you are getting a discount and cancel. Same billing and shipping address. Same computer. Same everything except when there is a discount applied suddenly they won't honor the price. Said something about reselling computers isn't their business? I don't understand this logic - I could have sworn that is exactly their business! Scam site, buy Dell instead."

HP Home & Home Office Store (.hpshopping.com) User

"I request not to buy hp laptop through hp online store. they are bad at giving service. they will be in touch with you untill you . later if we try to connect them they wont respond properly."

"Ordered my HP Chromebook 11 on Thursday and had it delivered for free on Saturday for $230 plus tax. Great service!"

modified review This review was modified by Quapawpers on June 14 2014 05:01:06 PM

"I an in UK. HP is the worst online retailer in the world. I ordered a laptop and got confirmation email. I thought everything's fine but nothing has happened until I phoned the customer service, apparently my order didn't go through, and I missed the day to give a surprise birthday present for my daughter. The customer service was confused and then she asked her manager but could not give immediate answer, only an uncertain promise that it would come later somehow. And they were not sure when the product will be delivered, this was not in compliance with the advertisement of one day delivery.

The website was confusing, when I ordered a product as a guess and moved forward to pay it, I then was asked to login etc, but after I login the product wanted to buy was gone, and not even on the list.

modified review This review was modified by JohnStead on October 31 2013 03:57:39 AM

"Horrible experience!
1. Placed my order on Sep 30, 2013. Few days later wanted to check the status and it informed me that it will take 2-3 weeks to form the order and 5-7 business days to ship it. So we are talking about 3-4 weeks from the time of placing it? You must be kidding me? Ok, status says still processing.
2. Called them to cancel. And they told me that it's impossible to cancel. I'm telling them, hey guys I don't want it! Laptop is still there, it is not shipped - cancel and refund me my money I will buy somewhere else. They told me that I have to wait till it ships and then request RMA and send it back.
3. Spoke to a manager. She escalated the situation. A week later (all this time is says that order is in production) receiving an email - sorry we can't cancel the order due to the fact that your product is already shipped. I'm checking the tracking # - it was shipped yesterday. So, it was the whole week since we placed cancelation request and they shipped it yesterday ignoring it.
4. Will never deal with HP again. Horrible customer support.

P.S. Got me Lenovo laptop. Ordered, next day it was shipped. 2 day later It was in my apt. Found a coupon online, called them - they applied coupon in like 2 sec and also offered me $100 credit towards accessories. So... Buy Buy HP and hello good customer service!

"Do not waste your time. Bottom line: they have promised to have a courier pick up my defective laptop four times. That's four times I had to work from home to return a laptop that broke 1 hour into use. And it looks like I'll have to try a fifth time.

The courier didn't show the first two times. Then on the third attempt, the courier actually picked it up before returning it to me the next day because they had been given the wrong information by HP. Sort of a like boomerang return. A fourth pickup attempt was supposed to happen but the courier went to the wrong address because HP gave them the wrong address.

HP has steadfastly refused to issue a return until they have the product back, but they can't even manage to pick up the product (or keep it picked up). Perhaps they run out the clock on their 21 day return policy by screwing up return pickups over and over. At this point, it's working in my case.

I am contacting my credit card issuer to dispute the order charge.

There are hundreds of companies that will sell you a laptop and 99% will work with a customer to make things right. HP Home and Home Office is not one of those better companies. Even if the price seems right, don't waste your time with HP Shopping.

P.S. Their customer service supervisor sent me an email denying my refund -- and called me by a completely different name.

modified review This review was modified by ConcernedConsumers on March 20 2013 11:04:37 AM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM HP HOME AND OFFICE STORE. Their customer service is non-existent. They do no give you the option to change shipping address until after order has been placed and then do not follow through with their promises to correct it. Buyer beware"

"Ordered a computer at a very good price. They canceled order due to a pricing error. They send me a coupon as compensation, when I go to use the coupon the website locked up and won't let me order until coupon expires. Terrible website, slow and and hard to navigate. Save yourself the trouble and shop somewhere else. "

modified review This review was modified by toclam on August 22 2012 05:12:41 AM

"I forget which days this all went down, but it all happened last week. Thanks to a nice chunk of change from my tax return, I decided to purchase a new laptop, as my old one had just died. I searched around and scanned the internet for reviews and articles. Eventually I stumbled upon the HP website. After toying around for awhile, I decided to customize a laptop; the prices were great, and the customization wasn't too shabby, either. I promptly placed my order that day.

Literally four hours later I realized I had ordered the wrong video card. Silly mistake, but I figured that I could edit the order I had made a mere four hours prior. So I searched and searched, but I couldn't find anything on the website or in my e-mail. I called up and spoke to a representative that informed me that I could not alter or modify my order; the only way to to do would be to CANCEL the order, and then RESUBMIT. Somewhat heated and a bit confused, I obliged. I cancelled the old order, resubmitted with the new video card, etc. I was then told I had to finalize everything with a supervisor - fine.

The previous rep was very nice, courteous and helpful. When I got on the phone with a supervisor (Patty was her name, I believe) she stated that the order was in the process of being cancelled. She then stated that I'd receive e-mails through the next day or so confirming this. I clarified everything by reiterating it to her and was "Yes'd" to death.

The next day I get an e-mail stating that my order was already processed and shipped (the laptop I didn't want). Apparently my order cancellation was denied. Back to the phone I go - call up, speak to another representative who states that I have to call in when I get the unwanted laptop to request prepaid shipping for the return prior to my refund to my credit card. Once again, customer service is subpar.

Now, at this point in time, I am waiting for both laptops. I've received the accessories already (shipping was fast), but I am somewhat puzzled - the laptop I didn't want was created and shipped out (as per HP) within two days or so; my new one is still being processed and built, despite it having a shorter "estimate date."

Overall, right now, I am somewhat unsatisfied with the Customer Service. It seems very hit or miss, and mostly it has been miss... so far.

The accessories are nice, though. The bag I got is stylish; the wireless mouse I got looks sleek. Plus, the prices were right, even for the laptop (I found an online coupon that took off $415).

I'll send in a new review once I obtain my laptop(s) so I can state how smoothly the sendback goes for the first, and the quality of the product of the laptop that I want to keep.

"The experience of TRYING to buy at hpshopping.com was awful.
I tried to place an order 2 times, first with an international credit card, and then with a local (US) debit card.
The first time, I got a generic error saying that the order was declined, but no reason. Very helpful, thanks!
The second time, I put an incorrect billing address by mistake. I got an error message saying that the billing address I provided does not match the one my bank has on file, but THEY STILL DEDUCTED THE AMOUNT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT. I called sales support, and (after waiting for a while on hold), they told me that Visa freezes the amount for 3 to 5 business days! WTF? This never happened with any other online store! Now I don't have enough balance on my bank account to make the purchase (either at HP or anywhere else) and I don't have my laptop on the way either :S

"AVOID!
They charged my credit card but didn't send my order. Had to dispute the charges with my bank.

"Purchase made on 8/21/11. When it had not arrived by 8/30/11 went online and website stated that expected arrival date was 8/28/11. When I called hp, was on hold for over 2 hours before reaching an agent who had no information, would not let me talk with a manager, and suggested I wait till the shipping department sends me further information."

"Ordered HP touchpad Sat, with the regular 5-7 day shipping

Didn't hear from them till Tuesday (eh, they were bogged down bigtime), then bam, shipped Tue, bam Got it Thursday.

Great job HP, thanks for the expedited shipping!

"Tried the ole Bait n Switch...twice. Yay for selling products they don't have in stock."

"On 11-27-10, I purchased (what I was told by the customer (technical support) service representative, Syed, was) an upgrade to my C5280 HP Photosmart Printer that can print directly onto CD/DVD. It was supposed to be delivered the next day via FEDEX but it didn't arrive for three days. I opened the box read it's capabilities and found that, even though I was EXTREMELY CLEAR with Syed that the ONLY REASON for the upgrade was that I needed to print directly onto CD and he assured me that this new printer could, IT COULD NOT!
Without unpacking the printer, I called customer service and asked for a refund. I followed the return policy to the letter. According to FEDEX tracking, they received the printer on December 11th. They confirmed they had received the printer on December 17.
Since then, I have been calling almost daily asking for my refund. As of today, 1-21-11, I have NOT RECEIVED my refund.

HP Home & Home Office Store (.hpshopping.com) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HP Home & Home Office Store  (.hpshopping.com) is not a merchant member
HP Home & Home Office Store (.hpshopping.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!