Stores > h.h. gregg

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.36/10 5.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.43/10 3.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-05-22

Salespeople lied about stock and "manager" screwed up purchase (of course)

"Let's be honest. I (customer) should take some responsibility for continuing to give HHGregg a 2nd, 3rd or 4th chance to do something right and fix what they've done. This latest incidence in April involved purchasing a wireless all-n-one printer. I called the Greenwood, IN store to (a) see if the printer was in stock and (b) if they would price match the Best Buy store about 1/2 mile down the street. I was told that they would not price match (contrary to their specific corporate policy) and that this specific printer was out of stock and back-ordered.....needless to say a few hours later, I'm standing physically in the HHGregg in front of the salesperson and manager with the printer in the box screaming at them for a price match and reminding them of of their extreme limited capabilities and capacities as human beings. HHGregg really should try to fire and get rid of their stupid and lazy employees. When I was there, I counted about 3-4 other possible customers in the store....so I don't think HHGregg is in the power position to turn away actual customers trying to give them money. I had to come back a few days later to fix all of the errors thru another store manager (who by the way, severely screwed up a washer/dryer order and delivery a few months earlier in January)"

2016-05-04

"The couch I ordered came with a torn seat cover, no legs on the couch. The store ordered a replacement cover and replacement legs. The legs were received and I went by to pick them up within 2 weeks of the delivery of the couch. I had to contact HHGreg 3 times to have the cushion ordered. I have never received the replacement cushion. I have contacted the store they stated they would reorder, but nothing has ever happened with this cushion. I am highly disappointed with the whole situation and really will not order another thing from HHGreg. "

2016-05-02

They really delivered

"I bought all new kitchen it was delivered on time. the guys setup the fridge and stove made sure they where working properly and offered tips on changing out the microwave and dish washer. from order to delivery it went very smooth."

2016-04-27

h.h. gregg out front from the start

"Great service and nice people very knowledgeable and professional arrived on time. Great job."

h.h.greg

"I purchased a Maytag washer and dryer set from hh greg and am very happy with the experience. Both units were installed without issue and they run (and look) fantastic. Recounting my entire experience (as I purchased online), the only negative comment I have is that when I wanted to change my washer hoses to stainless steel (after the sale), the online support team at hh greg could not do so very easily---as it was explained to me by their customer service team they would have to refund me the total amount paid (via a check--because I used paypal....this conversation took awhile and I wasn't very happy at their response and lack to help me....BUT, I called my local store and explained the situation to the store manager and he helped me out in a manner of a few minutes, I paid the difference in the cost of the hoses and he corrected the order for me..."

2016-04-27

Customer has to do own legwork.

"On April 6th I ordered a computer online it was supposed to be delivered by 4/16 when I didn't receive I called Customer service and found out that the item was supposedly backordered and would not be available till the end of the month. I waited with still no in site from you and called at the end of month and was told that the item was damaged by UPS and would have to wait for their damage return before I could get my order. I then had to suggest that they cancel that order and order me another which was shipped within a week. That should have been their suggestion to satisfy me. Today I went into my account to see the update and the original order is still processing. Needless to say I'm am very disappointed in your website and customer service. James Townsend"

Very disappointed!

"Our new washer and dryer were scheduled for delivery the day before our photographer was taking pictures of our house to be listed for sale. We were notified the night before of our 3 hour delivery window and would get a call the next day 40 min prior to the exact review. I received a call on our delivery date that the delivery guys were at the house waiting NOW for me. I explained I was not home and I did not receive the 40 minute warning call. I was anticipating the call so I could make the 20 min drive home to meet them with time to spare. I quickly called my realtor to see if he could meet them as he lived just 3 miles away. In the 5 minutes it took to arrange him, the delivery company threatened to stop the delivery all together. Thankfully I talked them out of it and 10 minutes after the call my realtor arrived to meet the delivery team.
The dryer was unloaded and installed and when the washer was unloaded they found a large visible dent on the front right corner about 6inches by 10 inches and 1 inch deep.
We were offered a $50 discount to accept it. I asked for a replacement because our home was scheduled to be listed and photos were being taken the next day and an open house was scheudled days later. We were told it would take 5 days to receive a replacement.
I reluctantly told them to leave it.
That same day I review an online survey where I rated the experience poorly. I received a call from the delivery company just a few hours later, concerned about my ratings. I fully explained the same situation I am describing in this survey. The man did "apologize" in a scripted manner and informed me he would credit me $50. I explained I was really not happy with $50. I am sure hh Gregg would have to discount the washer $100 to sell it in store as a scratch and dent, not to mention the cost of delivering me a new washer. I feel $50 is a joke and I've come out at a loss. When the call ended, the man essentially hung up on me with no offices closing, to the point I even said "hello?" Because I couldn't believe he ended the call without closure.
I never received a call back and one week later I haven't even received the refund. To add insult to injury, the washer ALSO had a large scratch on the top measuring about 8 inches long.
My house went on the market with my damaged washer and dryer (note my house has been fully rehabbed with new kitchen, baths, hvac etc.). I bought my new kitchen appliances through Sears and regret not using them for the washer dryer as well.
My damaged washer looks we bought it from the scratch and dent store and unfortunately potential buyers won't know it was brand new.

Please excuse any typos as this review was written on my iPhone.

HH Gregg satisfied customer

"I gave HH Gregg a top 5 star rating because I had already had a bad customer service experience with another big retailer who had the same Samsung Flat Screen Smart TV for a little less money. I have no problem paying the slightly higher price for the ease of ordering online and the fact that I could have my TV delivered and set up for a minor amount of money. The other retailer would not deliver even after they could see my size and that I couldn't physically pick up the TV.

My couple of calls to the local Greenville, SC store were also handled professionally and efficiently.

The delivery guys were awesome and helpful in teaching me how to program my TV once I bought the necessary HDMI cords later, which I did later in the day from the local store and went home to hook that up.

I am a very happy customer and will continue to recommend HHGregg to my friends and family.

Sincerely,
Donna Nunnally. You guys ROCK!

This review was modified by DonnaNunnally on April 26 2016 04:01:00 PM

2016-04-26

Same day pick up...... I don't think so !

"Ordered online waited hours..no email...no confirmation...went to the store just before it closed....well guess what ......the order hadn't "pushed" through (it sounds like having a baby)...thats what they kept saying....and they didnt have what I had ordered anyway..complete waste of time"

2016-04-26

Good product, fast shipping. Poor advertising & customer service.

"Bought an electric kettle from hh gregg. It was a $100 item. Their website said 'free shipping on items over $35'. The free shipping wouldn't load when I went to check out. Had to call their customer service. Apparently that specific item doesn't qualify for free shipping though it did not say so anywhere in their fine print. They would only refund the shipping after I purchased the item, which was annoying. I had to make two phone calls. They could've just provided me with a promo code the first time. Customer service did not seem particularly helpful or friendly either. "

2016-04-26

"Television was delivered promptly as scheduled. "

No complaints

"delivery was quick and on time. "

easy-peasy

"Order online, pick up at the store."

Prompt and efficient

"We ordered our freezer over the weekend. We got a delivery window on Tuesday, then a followup window clarification, plus the ability to track our truck, plus the guys called when they were 35 minutes away. They arrived when they said, and delivery and setup were quick and easy. Great experience overall. "

VOLVOKID

"Very Satisfied with the entire process! Ordered my items online very easy process they arrived 3 days later free shipping. I used both products over the weekend they worked great. Thanks h.h. Gregg

A Loyal Customer

Share h.h. gregg's store rating

h.h. gregg is a Merchant Member! Learn more

h.h. gregg is a merchant member
h.h. gregg participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,592 merchant members.