Stores > h.h. gregg

Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2016-09-15

Never Shipped

"So I have been waiting 3 weeks for my 2 TV's that I ordered for Football season. I also ordered Wall Mounts. The wall mounts came a week ago, but still no TV's I called and they said that I received them. So now they have a trace out with Fed Ex to find them. We were looking at the packages last night of the Wall Mounts - They have the same tracking numbers as the TV's. The packages also read 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. Now I do not profess to be super off the charts intelligent, but if there are 2 TV's and 2 boxes for the mounts wouldn't that make it 4 packages and not 2??? They never shipped them and I had to figure it out. So I will make another call today, yesterday my call took 1 hour, today likely the same. So many people are calling with issues they are busy all the time. HH Gregg ****!"

2016-08-18

Over a month ship

"I ordered a tv and sound bar 7/1/16. Had to call online services 5 times. It took about 45 minutes each call I made. They delivered the tv after 5 weeks and the sound bar I had to give up on. They said it would ship, they said it was coming, but every time I called, they had dropped the ball and nobody put the fool thing in the mail. No one cared that they owed me product for my hard earned money. This company is poorly run and I feel they will go the way of circuit city. Rest in peace HH gregg"

This review was modified by Besmooth on August 18 2016 09:28:07 PM

2016-08-03

Buyer Beware

"Purchased an LG refrigerator for HHGregg in March of this year and the handles broke within one week and here we are 3 months later and the unit doesn't freeze at all.
I contacted LG about a warranty repair, They scheduled a repair for me the next day, Well first thing that morning, the repair tech called and rescheduled. So, I'm without a fridge until I don't even know when because they can't give me a date either. BUYER BEWARE. Here's the real kicker, Called HHGregg for assistance and the manager "Sean" told me that there's nothing he can do, it's between me and LG.
Needless to say, I will not be purchasing anything from your company again nor will I ever purchase any LG Products. I'm also about to leave a negative review on every site I can find about the terrible customer service I have been given by both LG and HHGregg. Consumers really do read reviews so i'll let all other potential buyers no about the lack of concern on behalf of HHGregg...

2016-07-27

GE Dryer

"I purchased a washer n dryer from Hh Gregg on Manhattan Blvd Harvey La in February of 2015. My dryer stop working for almost 4 weeks now almost a month. I purchased a extended warranty for what good it is doing me. The tech ordered a part came out Saturday that just pass,to change the part n the dryer is still not working. I called customer service in there still giving me a hassle about replacing the dryer.... This is so inconvient for me n my family after all this time I could have purchased another dryer... I will never buy anything else from Hh Gregg n I will definitely not recommend anyone to purchase from them n as of today I still do not have a working dryer"

2016-07-10

"We ordered ALOT from hhgregg since we just moved to PA from Ohio. We ordered a refrigerator, 2 tvs, and tv stand, Weber grill, and more. The frig was delivered and all was well, this was done online. The purchases we made at the Berwyn store did not go well. We were over charged, we were told we would get a discount, we would not be charged for delivery, etc. This did not happen. When I called they said AGAIN they would give us a discount but have not. Then they said I had to come to the store. I have not had time.
We also ordered a Gas Weber Grill assembled. This took over a month I believe to be delivered. You set up times and then never showed up. Very disappointed! When it was finally delivered it was a propane grill that had been jerry-rigged. We called Weber and they said that should not have happened and told us to send it back that is was a safety hazard. We sent back but then again took over 2 weeks to get the correct grill. When they delivered it they cracked my deck screen door. I still have an outstand balance on hhgregg credit card but feel I should still be getting a discount!
I was also charged $24.99 for water connection which I did not receive and delivery people said they would credit since it was brand new house. Over all not pleased with our experiences. I also sent a letter to synchrony about charges wrong but have not heard. If things are recified don't know if we will shop again at hhgregg.

2016-06-28

Worst experience EVER

"I purchased a dishwasher 1 MONTH ago. After they didn't show up for one installation, called the night before and told me my dishwasher was broken and then PROMISED it would be delivered a week later only to get a phone call the night before cancelling, I knew I had to write a review. Something I have never done before. One department didn't want to deal with it so they transferred me to someone else who I waited on hold for an hour an a half for before eventually hanging up. I called again and asked to be connected directly with the store. I am completely disgusted and have never experienced such a horrible service. I refuse to pay 1 cent for this thing after all of the hassle. I took off work one morning to wait for it and planned to leave early another day because they were supposed to come between 2-5. This is unacceptable and I urge everyone to find another appliance store. Anywhere is better than HHgregg at this point."

This review was modified by Jlynnl1120 on June 28 2016 06:36:43 PM

2016-06-16

Could not have handled an aweful situation better - GREAT sewrvice

"We got a Samsung 28 ft French Door fridge at HHGreg Bel Air. It was a floor model with very small dings so we truely got a GREAT price. They helped load it in my truck! Once Home I noticed the fridge rubber seal was kinked on one door. I contacted Samsung to get the seal replaced and stated it had dings from the store we were aware of. I included pictures.
Samsung Customer Care (or Don't Care) was TERRIBLE. Over the course of a week (since they are slow to respond) they sent me 3 emails stating there was "physical damge" and will not have warranty repair." The they called me to tell me "Samsung Warranty clearly states if there is physical damage the warranty is void."
The General Manager at HHGRegg was GREAT. Basically said,"Do you want a new one, a different brand or just a return?" We switched to a GE Profile 28 ft and he gave us an even better deal including free pick up of Samsung and delivery of the GE. Beat Amazon.com price for exact same model by almost 50%.

This review was modified by Sean.Devoy on June 16 2016 07:53:30 PM

2016-05-31

hhGregg did NOT stand behind their product

"We bought an Amana washer and dryer on April 14th, 2016. The set was delivered within 2 days by 2 very accommodating delivery men.
We used the set for 1 1/2 months when the washer malfunctioned (the lid quit locking during the wash, agitating cycle but would lock during the rinse cycle) We went to hhGregg to discuss the issue and had the misfortune to deal with a manager named Kevin. Kevin was rude, condescending and argued that the locking of the lid was "Not a safety issue". Kevin refused to take back the washer and refused our offer to pay the difference and get a more reliable washer. Kevin said "It's over 30 days...call Amana" (we had them for 1 1/2 months.) When I called Amana the staff stated "The lid not locking is definitely a safety issue!" A technician came to our home today (5-31) to check the washer. His conclusion 'Computer board malfunction' which will be replaced. To say that we are very disappointed in this washer and Kevin's (from hhGregg) handling of the issues is an understatement!!!
We have bought many good products from hhGregg in the past but after this experience...we'll shop somewhere else

2016-05-22

Salespeople lied about stock and "manager" screwed up purchase (of course)

"Let's be honest. I (customer) should take some responsibility for continuing to give HHGregg a 2nd, 3rd or 4th chance to do something right and fix what they've done. This latest incidence in April involved purchasing a wireless all-n-one printer. I called the Greenwood, IN store to (a) see if the printer was in stock and (b) if they would price match the Best Buy store about 1/2 mile down the street. I was told that they would not price match (contrary to their specific corporate policy) and that this specific printer was out of stock and back-ordered.....needless to say a few hours later, I'm standing physically in the HHGregg in front of the salesperson and manager with the printer in the box screaming at them for a price match and reminding them of of their extreme limited capabilities and capacities as human beings. HHGregg really should try to fire and get rid of their stupid and lazy employees. When I was there, I counted about 3-4 other possible customers in the store....so I don't think HHGregg is in the power position to turn away actual customers trying to give them money. I had to come back a few days later to fix all of the errors thru another store manager (who by the way, severely screwed up a washer/dryer order and delivery a few months earlier in January)"

2016-05-04

"The couch I ordered came with a torn seat cover, no legs on the couch. The store ordered a replacement cover and replacement legs. The legs were received and I went by to pick them up within 2 weeks of the delivery of the couch. I had to contact HHGreg 3 times to have the cushion ordered. I have never received the replacement cushion. I have contacted the store they stated they would reorder, but nothing has ever happened with this cushion. I am highly disappointed with the whole situation and really will not order another thing from HHGreg. "

2016-05-02

They really delivered

"I bought all new kitchen it was delivered on time. the guys setup the fridge and stove made sure they where working properly and offered tips on changing out the microwave and dish washer. from order to delivery it went very smooth."

2016-04-27

h.h. gregg out front from the start

"Great service and nice people very knowledgeable and professional arrived on time. Great job."

h.h.greg

"I purchased a Maytag washer and dryer set from hh greg and am very happy with the experience. Both units were installed without issue and they run (and look) fantastic. Recounting my entire experience (as I purchased online), the only negative comment I have is that when I wanted to change my washer hoses to stainless steel (after the sale), the online support team at hh greg could not do so very easily---as it was explained to me by their customer service team they would have to refund me the total amount paid (via a check--because I used paypal....this conversation took awhile and I wasn't very happy at their response and lack to help me....BUT, I called my local store and explained the situation to the store manager and he helped me out in a manner of a few minutes, I paid the difference in the cost of the hoses and he corrected the order for me..."

2016-04-27

Customer has to do own legwork.

"On April 6th I ordered a computer online it was supposed to be delivered by 4/16 when I didn't receive I called Customer service and found out that the item was supposedly backordered and would not be available till the end of the month. I waited with still no in site from you and called at the end of month and was told that the item was damaged by UPS and would have to wait for their damage return before I could get my order. I then had to suggest that they cancel that order and order me another which was shipped within a week. That should have been their suggestion to satisfy me. Today I went into my account to see the update and the original order is still processing. Needless to say I'm am very disappointed in your website and customer service. James Townsend"

2016-04-26

Very disappointed!

"Our new washer and dryer were scheduled for delivery the day before our photographer was taking pictures of our house to be listed for sale. We were notified the night before of our 3 hour delivery window and would get a call the next day 40 min prior to the exact review. I received a call on our delivery date that the delivery guys were at the house waiting NOW for me. I explained I was not home and I did not receive the 40 minute warning call. I was anticipating the call so I could make the 20 min drive home to meet them with time to spare. I quickly called my realtor to see if he could meet them as he lived just 3 miles away. In the 5 minutes it took to arrange him, the delivery company threatened to stop the delivery all together. Thankfully I talked them out of it and 10 minutes after the call my realtor arrived to meet the delivery team.
The dryer was unloaded and installed and when the washer was unloaded they found a large visible dent on the front right corner about 6inches by 10 inches and 1 inch deep.
We were offered a $50 discount to accept it. I asked for a replacement because our home was scheduled to be listed and photos were being taken the next day and an open house was scheudled days later. We were told it would take 5 days to receive a replacement.
I reluctantly told them to leave it.
That same day I review an online survey where I rated the experience poorly. I received a call from the delivery company just a few hours later, concerned about my ratings. I fully explained the same situation I am describing in this survey. The man did "apologize" in a scripted manner and informed me he would credit me $50. I explained I was really not happy with $50. I am sure hh Gregg would have to discount the washer $100 to sell it in store as a scratch and dent, not to mention the cost of delivering me a new washer. I feel $50 is a joke and I've come out at a loss. When the call ended, the man essentially hung up on me with no offices closing, to the point I even said "hello?" Because I couldn't believe he ended the call without closure.
I never received a call back and one week later I haven't even received the refund. To add insult to injury, the washer ALSO had a large scratch on the top measuring about 8 inches long.
My house went on the market with my damaged washer and dryer (note my house has been fully rehabbed with new kitchen, baths, hvac etc.). I bought my new kitchen appliances through Sears and regret not using them for the washer dryer as well.
My damaged washer looks we bought it from the scratch and dent store and unfortunately potential buyers won't know it was brand new.

Please excuse any typos as this review was written on my iPhone.

Share h.h. gregg's store rating

h.h. gregg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

h.h. gregg is not a merchant member
h.h. gregg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!