Stores > Gunsafes.com

• Address: 401 N Bonner Mall Way/ STE M
    • Contact: sales@gunsafes.com
    • Phone: 855-248-6723
    • Customer Support: 855-248-6723
    • Business Hours: M-F 7:00am - 4:00pm (Pacific Time)

Product & services pricing Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10

2016-05-20

Terrible service!!!

"I ordered my safe on 1/12/16. It is 5/20/16. I still do not have my safe. Not because it is back ordered. But because they screwed up delivery not once but twice. The first time was about 3 months ago. I paid $450 to have it delivered in the house. They shipped it to a company that does not do that so they re-routed it. The safe got damaged. How do I know that you ask....not because they bothered to call me. So the guy I emailed said he was paying extra to get my safe to me. What does that mean?
3 months later... no safe. So I call and "oh great news.... your safe will be shipping out today!"
I call the shipping company and make clear that it is to be delivered in the house. Yup.... All Set!
Nope! they didn't put it on the delivery notes, no Safe again. Maybe next week. But hey I got a 4% discount for the first mistake.whooooooo!!!!!!
Do Not buy from these guys. their customer service manager could care less.

This review was modified by iwe373 on May 20 2016 12:28:38 PM

2016-05-14

Absolutely the WORST!!!!

"In over twenty years of on line shopping I have never had worse customer service and follow-up. The safe has never arrived and four calls to customer service have gotten nothing but a "let me check and I'll call you back".........still waiting for that call back three months later."

This review was modified by Gary7Grant on May 14 2016 03:28:25 PM

2016-05-14

almost 5 stars.....

"Pros: with the free shipping and no state tax on the internet sale, they were cheaper by about 250-300 dollars. Everything went as expected, but you have to read and understand the terms. 1) know they take the payment right away, you will still have to wait the ship/build time for the safe from the manufacturer. 2) Pay attention to the estimated wait time when you check out, so you don't think they lost the order or start panicking - mine was 6-8 weeks. Honestly, it shipped like 2 days over the 8 week mark.

Cons: I don't know if they use the same shipper all the time, but the one that brought my safe had very negative reviews online (I found out after its shipped). You may want to ask Gunsafes.com who they're using ahead of time. Fortunately, everything arrived on time and without damage so my experience was just fine (they probably deliver thousands of items a week, so it's tough to tell how accurate a dozen negative reviews are, still made a bit nervous though).

Another con, and this why they did not get 5 stars, is that "coincidentally" I only got the email that my safe shipped on the day I called to ask about it. It wasn't it my junk folder either. I assumed they did ship it before I called , but somehow the original email did not get sent. Also, prices have seemed to recently climb on the site (at least on my model). It is now $250 more than when I purchased just 2 months ago. At that point, they stop being competitive with the local dealers and I would've gone there instead.

All in all, very happy with my experience. I got the lowest price on the safe I wanted and delivery was within the expected timeframe. Hardest part was rounding up guys to get the safe from the curbside delivery and into my basement!

This review was modified by BrowningBPS12 on May 14 2016 09:42:34 AM

2016-03-10

Gunsafes.com gets 5 stars from Phil

"Gunsafes.com called me on the phone explaining that they did not have the safe that I ordered in that p[articular configuration. They offered me an upgraded safe at no additional charge. Hard to beat the personal touch. Then very quick shipping with no problems."

2016-01-27

Business Closed?

"The Customer service at Gunsafes is at best poor. I ordered my safe in November, and 2 months later still do not have any update on when this will arrive. When I reached out to them in December, I was given a delivery date of January 16. Although the date was further than I hoped, I was OK at the time thinking I at least knew when it would arrive.

Now, 2 months later, I have left voicemails, emailed them from their website, and called them multiple times trying all their options off of their toll free line....all with no answer and no response on the communications. Every phone call was in their listed office hours and reached a voicemail, definitely no response to my email within their listed 24 hours, and they have no chat capability although it is on their website.

Is this business still open? Is responding to Customer communications anywhere in their priority?

At this point, I do not know if the money I paid will show me the product I purchased. Customer service is extremely poor and I would definitely not do business here again or refer them to others.

This review was modified by aliu25 on January 27 2016 11:49:21 AM

2016-01-11

*WARNING: BUY IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

"Based on the reviews I read, I was really excited to buy a safe for my husband @ gunsafes.com. So, I placed my order for a Big Horn safe (GS7144) on November 30th. Anyone I spoke to at the company made me think I should worry more about the safe arriving too early (and ruining the surprise) than anything else. Well, the safe arrived at my house on January 8th -- yes, JANUARY 8th -- well over a month later! The issues have yet to cease... They shipped my safe to the wrong address. I was the first to realize the problem when my free dehumidifier arrived at my mother-in-law's address. I called in to make sure that it was only the dehumidifier and was assured everything else was on track. I got a call a few minutes later, only to be told I the safe would in fact arrive in Oklahoma any day and would not make it to Minnesota (the intended shipping address) by Christmas. I was upset, since I had spent thousands of dollars to gift my husband with a safe FOR Christmas. Austin "compensated" me by giving me a free "white glove delivery," for which they typically charge customers $250. The thing that especially bothered me was that he frequently mentioned that they were "losing money on this deal." Really?! Quite frankly, I didn't care HOW they ended up financially because I had NO role in any of the seemingly endless issues! Anyways, I agreed to a post-poned delivery the week of December 28th-31st in hopes of getting the safe ASAP. When Monday came and no one called, I got back in touch with Austin. He told me my safe was at it's final location and I should be getting a call "any day" regarding delivery. Obviously, none of my expectations had been met, so I decided to call the carrier myself (Road Runner). I eventually got word that, contrary to what Austin told me his "higher up" contacts assured him, my safe was STILL sitting in Oklahoma! I called Austin back, and he told me he was going to figure out what went wrong. I waited over a week to hear anything from anyone at gunsafes.com, only to get a call from the delivery company that my safe had arrived and they were ready to deliver. Thus, I scheduled my "white glove delivery" for last Friday. Guess what. I had ONE man (65+) show up to deliver my 1,100lb safe. He told me he was going to need my help, but before we got started, he had to use my bathroom. I hadn't even closed the door and he was already going! I felt a tad bit... awkward/violated. When we got back out to the garage, he instructed me to push up against the safe to ensure it didn't tip while he was lowering the back lift. "If it starts to fall, get out of the way" he said. So, while my three kids ran around unsupervised inside, I spent almost an hour helping him get things situated. Later that night, after my husband came home, he spent over an hour trying to open the safe with no luck. Let me assure you, my husband is not a nimrod. He said the combination on the paperwork had been crossed out and handwritten, so now I have a call BACK in to Austin to figure out what rabbit hole of time-sucking problems I will face next. **DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME** I typically don't give feedback online. I've written one other online review in my entire life to affirm a company doing outstanding work! I'd much prefer to give feedback over the phone to ensure my observations/evaluations/assessments (almost always positive) are heard, but when I saw gunsafes.com's 4.8/5 star reviews, I could not NOT warn people."

This review was modified by alioop394 on January 11 2016 01:38:14 PM

2015-09-19

"Gunsafes.com staff is professional, knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with. I love my safe! I would highly recommend buying from Gunsafes.com. "

2015-09-18

"PERFECT ! Super fast and the best price I could find. Thanks !"

2015-08-17

"Thank you Gunsafe for sending the console vault I ordered for my husbands birthday. He is very excited and pleased with it. He's looking forward to installing it in our Tundra. I liked that it was delivered as promised. We will definitely order from Gunsafe again also recommend to our family and friends. Thank you again.
A happy and satisfied customer.

2015-08-11

"Had initial issue with shipping - not Gunsafes fault.
Gunsafes reached out to address.

2015-08-11

"I got the wrong safe at first. They had to ship another one. I don't blame customer service. They were professional in every way. Somebody else dropped the ball on the order. I am very pleased with the safe and the price. "

2015-08-11

"Easy transaction. Got item much sooner than expected. Just wish I would have gotten the white glove delivery service. But that was my fault!!!! Lesson learned!!!!"

2015-08-11

"Safe was shipped quickly as promised, got here fast, and back ordered item was shipped also as promised. Customer service answered all of my questions promptly."

2015-08-01

"Affordable product, good quality, fast shipping, overall great experience. "

2015-07-17

"I love the Safe but the customer service from Gunsafes. com was horrible I had to call 3 times to follow up on my order to see when it was going to ship. My Delivery was suppose to be at the end of May never did I get email with an update regarding the status. I waited until June to call them and ask for an update. They said it would ship on Friday or Monday and that I would get a an update through email. Well Friday and Monday went by didn't here anything so I had to make a 3rd call to follow up on when my safe would ship!! Finally I got the email and I received my Safe on June 8th. Horrible Customer Service Love the LIberty Safe its awesome!!"

Rep reply posted Aug-11-2015

A rep from Gunsafes.com, GunSafes, has responded

“Our Valued customer,
I am very sorry for any frustration. This safe was advertised to ship the end of May, I am sorry if you were confused and thought it was to deliver at the end of May. The safe did ship a few days late, and shipped June 2nd. As far as our lack of communication, I sincerely apologize. It looks like the tracking information was emailed to you on Tuesday June 2nd, instead of Friday, or that Monday the 1st. I am sorry for that one day delay, Please know it was not intentional, and the safe just left the dock a day late.

We strive to provide excellent service every day, and I do understand your safe shipped a few days late. I hope you can excuse us for this, and are happy with your new product. We are here to help with any of your needs moving forward. If there is anything g we can do to help make this a better experience please let us know.

Truly,
The Team at Gunsafes.com”

Share Gunsafes.com's store rating

Gunsafes.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Gunsafes.com is a merchant member
Gunsafes.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,566 merchant members.