• Address: 401 N Bonner Mall Way/ STE M
    • Contact: sales@gunsafes.com
    • Phone: 855-248-6723
    • Customer Support: 855-248-6723
    • Business Hours: M-F 7:00am - 4:00pm (Pacific Time)

Product & services pricing Rating 8.07/10 8.07/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.84/10 7.84/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.90/10 6.90/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.72/10 6.72/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

What is this?

Los Alamos, NM

"Shopped for several weeks and talked to friends about which safes to buy etc. Spent some time (2-4 weeks) on-line looking at various safes and sellers before making my purchase.

I live a fair distance from a reasonable size city so delivery options and reputation for costumer support should there be problems have become important to me, based on past experiences.

Unfortunately the first safe was delivered with a big dent and several deep scratches. This is a shipping carrier problem for which I don't hold Gunsafes responsible. A call to Gunsafes and they arranged for a replacement within a day or two. Next my scheduled presented problems and they worked with the delivery company to store the safe for a few weeks (at no cost to me) till it could be delivered.

You might find cheaper, I don't really know, BUT I got to say that I can only given them an A+ for costumer service and support. Worth every penny for me!

"After waiting for nearly 2 months to receive my Liberty safe, it was delivered damaged. Unfortunately my wife signed the bill of lading while I was away at work not knowing that she needed to record any damage on it. This apparently absolves the carrier (R & L Carriers) of any wrongdoing even if it looks as though the safe was knocked on it's side during transit. I sent pictures to customer service at gunsafes.com and was told that since she signed it the only thing they could do was send me some touch up paint. I'm pretty sure there is internal damage to the gypsum boards between the steel walls of the safe because what looks to be drywall dust is falling out of the corners. I will be selling this safe as-is at a loss to someone who only wants basic theft protection due to a probable reduction in fire protection. I will also be looking for a replacement elsewhere."

"I looked hard and long for a decent quality gun safe. I don't have a lot of guns but didn't want to be stuck with something in the near future that was already "full". I already had planned and was told by several friends that I would put other things in the safe as well. Documents, gun related supplies, jewelry (wifey), and other keepsakes. I had narrowed down my choices to a Fort Knox, Steel Water, and the Winchester Ranger Deluxe. The Steel Water and Winchester were both 45-51 capacity and very close in price. The locks were different and the Steel Water didn't have the cool door organizer. Fort Knox was/is by far a better quality safe, however, much smaller. My main focus was capacity and safety from the kiddos or visitors and a decent fire rating. After comparing back and forth I chose the Winchester Ranger Deluxe 51 gun safe. I felt it had the most "Bang" for the buck that I was looking for in that price range of $2000. The locking bolts, the La Gard keypad, the space...height as well, construction, warranty. The Fort Knox could best customized like no other. Much shorter and narrower though and a lesser fire rating for similar price. Steel water had the higher fire rating of the 3. I could have stepped up large and went for the Winchester Silverado which would impress most veteran gun owners. The Silverado is flat out incredible for $2600 give or take $50. However, it is $600-700 more than the Ranger Deluxe. I am very pleased with my safe though. It is big and heavy at 935lbs. Gunsafes.com was easy to work with and talked to them on the phone several times before decision was made. They worked with me on a delivery date and the guy who brought it was very friendly and helpful. It did come with metal screw on feet to be able to get pallet jack under...no pallet. These simply screw off but you will carefully need to slightly raise the side you are working on about an inch. Overall, I am pleased with my purchase and purchase price. I did shop around too, ALOT! Thanks Gunsafes.com.
Keith Castleberry
PS - Free Dehumidifier came in the mail separately.

"Excellent product. Functions and looks exactly like the catalog description. Shipping was very fast and there was no damage to the save. I would recommend this safe and company. Very satisfied."

"Nice experience................................................................"

"Fast shipping! I didn't even ask for expedited shipping. The safe was well packaged. No damages. I'm definitely ordering from Gunsafes.com again."

"The ordering process went fine. A week or so later I got a call from a Gunsafe Rep who tells me the safe is sitting in a warehouse an hour or so away waiting to be picked up and that if it's not there could be storage fees. After advising I paid for white glove delivery she say someone will get back to me.

I then got a call from the warehouse/shipping service who says that have paperwork and have not been advised this is a delivery. Fast forward 2 more weeks and a solid dozen calls and the safe is delivers by two really nice guys who do a great job.

Every one was real nice and the safe is great, it was just a goat roping of a process.

"The details and pictures on the site were great and simple to understand. The shipping was fast and the product was exactly what I ordered. I will definitely order all my gun safes from them in the future. "

"Ordered a burgundy Liberty Colonial 30 on 4/4/2014. Received it in good shape on 5/9/14. However, my ordering experience was less than pleasant. The dude manning the sales calls was either having a bad week or doesnt have the personality for sales. First day I tried calling several times and couldnt get anyone. Finally had to leave a message asking to be called back so I could place an order. On day 3 I called again as it was apparent they werent in a hurry to call me. Got the sales rep and when he put in my order, the price didnt match the shopping cart on my screen. Opps, the sale ended the previous day on his end even though my cart still showed the sale price. He gave me the line of he couldnt do anything about it. Right. He was also a little reluctant to accept the rebate promo Liberty was offering at the time. Throughout the conversation he had sort of a I cant do anything mentality and made me feel as if I was inconveniencing him by placing an order. In the end I had to pay a bit more than what I thought. The experience really sucked the fun out of ordering my first safe. I came away from it seriously thinking I had just made a mistake. It took about a month for the safe to arrive (expected) and everything went great with delivery. Overall - I love my safe, the site has great prices, but placing the order was painful. Maybe mine was just a fluke."

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-13-2014

GunSafes, Gunsafes.com rep has responded

“Our Valued Customer,
I am so very sorry to hear this, and as a manger, I want to personally apologize for this experience. I was reviewing your order, and the date it was placed. We had just converted our site to a new backend, and I know early April, we were having some glitches and issues with site, I don't want to make an excuse, and I am so sorry for the order experience. I would absolutely consider this a fluke, and not the service we pride ourselves in on a day to day basis.

If there is any way to help appease the situation don't hesitate to call us.

The Team at,
Gunsafes.com”

"Item was delivered as ordered and in a resonable amount of time. The only real hangup was coordinating the delivery with the local freight company. Other than that, I am totally satisfied with the safe. The quality of construction and finish are excellent. I won;t hesitate to recommend the Steelwater product to my friends........"

"I purchased Mv500 and it is just what I needed. The people at Gunsafes are very helpful. I am going to buy more safes and this is where I will get them for sure. A great thing also was the free shipping with things the way they are this was fantastic."

"I have made several purchases from Gunsafes.com including two large safes. Communications has been great on every order and the delivery was fantastic on both large safes. It was simple, easy, and a pleasure to do business with them."

"Outstanding job, need a small safe quickly and you get what you pay for. It was exactly as advertised and arrived quickly."

"Yes, I'm very satisfied, and will be getting other stuff from you later!"

"My experience with Gunsafes.com, particularly Ms Shannon Thompson was excellent. Shannon worked around several frustrating issues, none of which were her making, to make my purchase go through. She was professional, friendly, prompt, and helpful. I hope that the management at gunsafes knows how lucky they are to have an emplyee of her caliber. She is the type who produce many return customers and referals by word of mouth. It is refreshing to have dealt with a company that understands customer service and are willing to go the extra mile. If you need a safe call Shannon- Jeff "

Gunsafes.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Gunsafes.com is a merchant member
Gunsafes.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,842 merchant members.