Stores > GuitarFetish
  • GuitarFetish

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review GuitarFetish by clicking a star below.
2017-08-17

XV-830 tele

"well i was a bit skiptic after reading one review from gear something. There is a lot out there that is junk but i must say this Xavier 830 tele i bought is so far a great playing guitar can't put it down.I tuned it stretch the strings a bit and went to town playing it.The string height is perfect,even the strings that came on it sound good. The only thing that might be a concern is the tone does not respond until you get tp about three before you can tell you turned tone down but thats an easy fix.The guitar sounds and plays better than a fender mim i bought and cost less than half. I have bought from guitar fitish before customer service was good email me right back ,i just wish i could talk to a person live thats all. But not a deal breaker.I have been playing for 40 plus years im not Chet Atkins by no means but i know a good playing guitar when i play one ,longivity will just have to see but good so far.I promise gfs didn't pay me to say this good review.So if you want a good player for a good deal get you some.I spent more on a lot less."

2017-08-13

Guitar fetish

"Placed a large order for multiple items. The order was missing shrink wrap tubing. A $6.95 item. I contacted them and the said they couldn't read the bottom of the email which had the part number. I have contacted them several times since with no reply. I have spent thousands with this company over the years. This order was two months ago."

2017-07-26

So far, so good.

"Most of my transactions have gone smoothly and the product quality on everything I have purchased has been good. The only neck I purchased was a factory buyout and with this kind of purchase you must expect to do some detailing. Some finish sanding was about all I had to do and there was one slightly high spot on one fret. I installed this neck last fall and it has been very stable. I have been very happy with my hardware and pick up purchases both from the regular products and the clearance section. I want to write this review to address some of the concerns I have read about this company. Most revolve around buying Xavier guitars on the low end of the scale price wise. From what I have read GFS customer service has been lacking concerning guitars that did not meet customers expectations. Some of these concerns deal with obvious flaws in the products shipped and these were not addressed appropriately. If a guitar is sold as first quality and not a second but has obvious defects the consumer should not have to pay return shipping period. I am involved in on line guitar sales from a reputable dealer and we would not allow this guitar to leave our store in this condition, period. A brief inspection would involve opening the shipping carton and looking at the guitar for obvious defects. GFS, I assure you, has enough margin to spend 5 minutes on an inspection and should inspect every guitar it ships before shipping. To put the onus on the customer to pay this shipping to verify the product is truly defective is not right. Pre-shipping inspection would eliminate this situation. Given that, if the customer does pay return shipping and the product is found defective, the customer should be refunded the shipping and given a %10 gift certificate and the appropriate apology. Some of the complaints I have read however are not justified. If you order a guitar sight unseen and it is flawless other than set up then you should expect to do this set up yourself or pay for it, period. There is no guitar genie that can magically make a guitar play perfectly for you and your technique over the internet. Set ups are %50 of the business I do as a luthier at a major guitar shop. I have a standard set up for both acoustic and electric guitars that works for about %85 of all the players that request a set up and all the guitars that leave my shop after the sale. For my local customers I make sure they understand that different players require different set ups and that they can return for free follow up to tweak their guitar to their needs. If you expect a guitar you order sight unseen to be perfectly set up for you, when you get it, you are being unrealistic. You ordered it on line because you are cheap. **** it up buttercup, and stop crying. If you are buying a $200 guitar you are buying a beginners instrument. It can be made to play well and modified and you can have a lot of fun doing that, but that is what you should expect. You are the same kind of person who buys a Ford Fiesta and expects it to perform like a Lincoln Town Car.

2017-06-14

terrible customer service

"terrible customer service. no contact phone number. poor quality product misinformed. fedex documents need a phone number for shipping and at this point guitarfetish will not send a phone number for there business. a very very bad experience."

2016-10-13

A vast array of excellent and affordable products

"I have done business with Guitar Fetish several times over the years and I have always been more than satisfied. Xaviere guitars, an incredibly diverse selection of pickups, instrument hardware, effects pedals, every size of guitar case and more- they have it all! The prices are amazing- almost unreal- and, for the most part, excellent quality. I have purchased 3 Xaviere guitars- 2 were ready to go out of the box. Just tune 'em up and play...No set-up required! The 3rd guitar was not so lucky- it needed fret work and a neck adjustment but it still came in at less than $400 after the luthier visit. I have paid 3X as much (and more) for Gibson and Fender guitars that had more problems. Guitars are great but this company really shines when it comes to pickups. They have several designs of their own in addition to OEM-style pups. However, every guitarist needs to try out Guitar Fetish's Retrotron series of pickups- especially the Nashville types (Vintage, Overwound, etc). These sound fantastic and I get good feedback from whoever happens to hear them. Crunchy yet articulate, these pups absolutely shine!"

2015-09-15

"I love this company, keep up the good work guys ! When I get more money ill be ordering from you,"

2015-03-21

"Over the last year I have bought 3 xaviere guitars, a project guitar, 5 pickups, and a whole bunch of accessories. All really good stuff! Priced right. Quick service. You get a lot of value for your $. Playing/building guitars for over 30 yrs, love this company. Highly recommended!!! Check-em-out. Ed jean"

2014-09-19

"JUST INSTALLED MY NEW XTREM ON MY DAN ELECTRO HO DAD. WOW! THAT GUITAR HAS DOUBLE LIP STICKS BUT A LESS THAN COOL TREM. NOW, FAH GIT A BOUT IT! TALK ABOUT 60'S SURF VIBE. SLEEP WALK NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD. THIS UNIT WAS EVERYTHING I HOPED IT WOULD BE, AND MORE. QUIET,EASY TO PLAY, 5 MINUTES TO INSTALL, AND A REAL VALUE. CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE BIGSBY. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE XTREM, YOU DON'T LIKE VINTAGE TREM SOUNDS. I'M PUTTING ONE ON MY TELE, AND LES PAUL JR. ALSO. THE BAR IS NOT A FLAT PEICE OF CRAP METAL. IT STAYS IN PLACE ,BUT FULLY ROTATES OUT OF THE WAY. IT HAS CONTOUR AND IS JUST THE RIGHT FEEL FOR TAPPING IF YOU SO DESIRE. YOU SHOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE WITH INSTALL IF YOU CAN USE A STRAIGHT EDGE TO LINE IT UP, NOT A PROBLEM.MINE IS CHROME, BUT THEY COME IN BLACK, AND GOLD, FOR FLAT TOP GUITARS, TELE OR ANY SOLID FLAT TOP GUITAR. LOADS OF VIBE. I DID MY HOME WORK ON THIS ONE KIDS, AND I'M HAPPIER THAN A CLAM. TREAT YOURSELF, AND TRY THIS TREM. YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED.!!!!!!!!"

2010-12-06

"Very affordable prices, huge number of guitarparts to choose from, pretty much nice shipping."

Share GuitarFetish's store rating

GuitarFetish is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GuitarFetish is not a merchant member
GuitarFetish does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!