• Groupon

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.76/10 0.76/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.35/10 1.35/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.74/10 0.74/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"First time ordering something from Groupon......NEVER will I do it again! I checked the pricing for a wireless camera and it was about the same as Amazon. I ordered the camera on 2/11 through Groupon. It took till 2/27 before I got a tracking number and the item still won't be delivered until 3/4/15. Amazon said they would have it delivered by 2/13! Do yourself a favor, check to see if the same item in on Amazon, if it is, buy from them!"

"Lost too much money with them. Groupon does not allow refunds on vouchers to places you decide you hate afterall or cannot visit. "

modified review This review was modified by olechka111 on February 27 2015 06:19:12 AM

"Groupon has gone downhill over the years it has been in business. Had a problem with their website displaying the incorrect expiration date so my offer expired. They offered me a credit for their mistake. I thought cool, I'll use it for something.

Fast forward to now. Finally found something worth buying. Went to checkout and found they created a new loophole for minimizing discounts. Break the purchase into multiple vouchers and only give the discount on one of them. Some will not notice the difference, but I did.

So check carefully if attempting to buy anything from them. They have had issues with website errors, calculating discounts, and minimal customer service.

"I am so done with this terrible business. I hope you get what's coming to you just like Dealfind.
1 item I ordered came and was not AT ALL what it had been advertised as in colour - false advertising at it's finest.
2nd item I ordered - I just went to go check where it was via the tracking only to get a message that my order has been cancelled. How long has it been cancelled? The message says I will receive an e-mail shortly with details and a refund. Well I ordered this item a week ago - contacted customer service letting them know I expect my money back immediately - and nothing!!!! No one has contacted me - no e-mail WHAT A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groupon at this day and age customer service is everything and you are certainly not providing it. I expect my money back and customer service to contact me immediately before I contact the credit card company directly for a refund and let them know about your "business practices".

modified review This review was modified by erob393 on February 24 2015 07:11:15 AM

"I have had four terrible experiences with Groupon and after repeat letdowns, I am finally taking the obvious hint and am going to stop purchasing anything through them. My first purchase of a massage didn't even happen because the woman who owned the business was terrible about getting back to people and preferred to communicate through text, which believe it or not, everyone doesn't pay for and everyone doesn't have it as part of their phone plan. They refused to give me a refund, so I received store credit and used it on a pair of pearl earrings which broke in a couple of weeks, as well as a Bra Washer which barely opens, even has a typo on the box from whatever shady company in China created it, and doesn't allow my bras to get clean when washing. A few years later I resumed purchasing things and bought a Target giftcard which took about three weeks to come, and most recently I purchased a deal for a custom canvas photo gallery. The website that you to build the collage is not user-friendly and the quality of my pictures was greatly diminished. Why would Groupon even sponsor such a deal? In my many purchasing experiences with Groupon, only when I buy a mainstream product (e.g., Lancôme perfume, or anything else you can actually find in a store), these other services, programs, and products from third parties seem to originate from low-quality businesses and Groupon doesn't do a lot to make you whole if you aren't happy. "

modified review This review was modified by Sfull31 on February 21 2015 01:10:56 PM

"Groupon's Customer Service was extremely terrible. I placed an order in December 2014, and the parcel did not arrive within expected dates. Contacted them through e-mail and online chat, all I was told was to WAIT. This dragged on until I rang them 3 weeks later when I was told that the parcel tracking was broken and asked me to WAIT another 7-10 days for them to contact me with resolutions.

I took advice from Citizens Advice and posted them recorded letters to inform their breach of contract and asked for a refund. Meanwhile, I contacted my bank to ask for a chargeback. Groupon Customer Service, then, continuously ignored my request for a refund and kept telling me that they will arrange the parcel to be delivered – and they asked me to wait another 7-10 days. In February, I finally received a chargeback so I informed Groupon voluntarily and considered this matter resolved. Contrary to their formerly passive attitude, they started bombard me with e-mails every 3 or 4 days to ASK ME about my order and I have told them many times that this matter should have been resolved.

A few days ago, I received an unexpected parcel from Groupon – it was almost one and a half months after my order. In short, I contacted Groupon on the day and their Customer Service representative told me that it was THEIR MISTAKE and I could decide what to do with the parcel. I, again, thought the matter should be resolved until I just got another e-mail from them informing me that I should have no problems with my parcel and to track my delivery with the carrier services.

These miscommunication from Groupon's part has been very disruptive and caused me extreme inconvenience. I do not wish to blame the individuals who I have contacted regarding this issue, but it seems to me that this company has failed to keep a coherent record or take the responsibility to make sure things are done in an appropriate manner.

modified review This review was modified by kwt-150221 on February 21 2015 03:53:56 AM

"Worst customer resolution policies. First they did not deliver it on time, second they did not notify that there was a problem with the shipment/ undeliverable, third the customer service was unable to provide any resolution to the issue. Over it, I need to check if it is shipped, if shipped it is on its way, if not I contact the shipping company to keep check on delivery and I need to contact Groupon in case there is a problem with shipping. Essentially I need to overlook everything, then why use Groupon, might as well go to a store and buy it.
They say take refunds and go somewhere else (company policies). Neither the customer service representative nor the supervisor is willing to take initiative to make customer happy, or planning to resolve it. Read our fine prints is their response.
Buy services where they issue you coupons, but don't ever ever buy anything from them since they do not take ownership for anything.
I am never returning back to Groupon ever again to get anything ship from them at the very least.
If anyone concerned from Groupon is reading, refund is not a resolution all the time. Happy customer is a best source of marketing not a "FULL REFUND"
I am not referring them to anyone nor am I returning back to Groupon for anything. Simply waste of weeks and money.

modified review This review was modified by cmp6158 on February 20 2015 10:24:37 AM

"I have been a customer of Groupon for years and this is the first bad experience--but it wasn't on their part. I bought the deal for ClickInks and they misrepresented themselves to Groupon. When I got my voucher and clicked through the appropriate links on the company's website, I chose the inks I needed. NOWHERE did it say it wasn't the deal that was discounted. They have charged my card for the full amount instead of the discounted amount, and between Groupon and I, we still haven't been able to get them to return my money! Groupon was right on the ball in helping me from their end, gave me my refund for the deal right away, and have tried contacting the company for me. We've purchased a couple little things that we didn't like or didn't work, and after returning them to Groupon, have received our refund in a timely manner. For the most part, we've enjoyed their services and find no or very little fault with them."

modified review This review was modified by tootsiepopclown on February 16 2015 08:00:10 AM

"Used Groupon three times and had three BAD experiences. Two were gifts, so don't blame me for repeat stupidity.
First: Groupon gift for our anniversary from our daughter. A decent restaruant. Three course meal. Great! Cost was $50 for a $100 value, so stated. Well, we get there, and the Groupon says ID yourself as Groupon holder. When you do, they give you their "Groupon menu" And instead of a full bread basket, (Italian) like other customers, you get a basket with three small pieces of bread. There are only four appetizers and four entrees listed. All very basic. And then the servings are small. I'd say the value of the meal was $50. Of course the waiter reminds you that you should tip as if it were a $100 meal. Yeah...no.
2. Wife bought Beats headphones for Christmas. Purchased in November. I was a good boy and waited to open until Christmas. When I used them the first time, I found out no sound out of one side. Broken. Contact them and they said....yeah....no. We have 14 day return policy.
3. this one I brought on myself. I bought a groupon to have my car detailed by mobile detailing. I was going to sell it so thought, great, I'll get this thing all shined up. No french fries under the seats. Premium detailing. "value" they said was $200. I bought for $100. Called to arrange, and told the dude....I've got several people in my office that may want their cars detailed. can you tell me how much you'd charge for extra cars? He says......$80.
Never ever ever use Groupon. You are basically paying full price for anything you get, and they will not take returns. They suck big time.

modified review This review was modified by Rharris78 on February 15 2015 04:01:10 PM

"I will never buy from them again. I bought two cell phones for Christmas presents for my grandkids, and here it is 6 weeks later, one phone won't work at all, and the other has too much static. I bought the phones thinking I could use with my tmobile account. After I got the phones, I found out I had to get phone service through freedompops. I called freddompop to set up the phone service, and I should have known then to cancel, after holding for 45 minutes. I am done with Groupon. I will not ever buy from them again. "

modified review This review was modified by LINDABUOY on February 15 2015 03:54:04 PM

"I've been Groupon customer in many years both when I lived in Sweden and now in the US, but never have been so disappointed!! My package never delivered to me although the UPS tracking number stated that it's shipped and delivered. I've contacted Groupon both via email and phone, and they told me I should myself try to contact UPS and figure it out!! Seriously?! I've ordered the goods from Groupon and haven't received it, is it really my problem??? It happens quite often in the US that packages disappear or delivered to a wrong address,it happened to me once before but the company I had bought the goods from(overstock.com) took the whole responsibility, created a case with UPS to follow up my delivery, etc... I'll never buy anything from Groupon"

"It seems like Groupon is a good site. It looks honest and together, and the owner is a billionaire now. But I honestly don't know how Groupon became so popular.

I decided to make my very first purchase on Groupon the other night. It was for a digital camera that typically cost $500 and they were advertising for $199 for a manufacturer refurbished one. I have been several refurbished items in the past- and they always work like knew; they just can't call them "new" is all.

So I created an account, filled out the information, and submitted the order. I never received any kind of receipt- not from a page that came up after the order nor in my email account. When I went to "My Account" it said the order was processing. Now this seemed somewhat all right to me, perhaps that was just how Groupon does it- but it seemed odd that it was still processing 3 hours later.

I went to sleep, woke up, and tried to log into my account. Wow, my account doesn't exist all of a sudden! I am certain my password is correct (I wrote it down) and my email address was correct because they sent the account verification email to that address. Groupon deleted my account.

So then I was not sure what to do. There was no email explaining anything. I tried to reset my password (thinking maybe somehow I had the wrong one) but I received an email saying that there was never an account with my email address. So now I am wondering. Am I getting charged $200 for an order? Am I going to even get the camera? Was my account hacked and someone has my credit card number? What on earth is going on and why on earth was my account deleted?

I started thinking- maybe my credit card did not allow online purchases for some reason. So I contacted my bank and they said that Groupon did look into my account- but they didn't take anything out yet. So what does that mean? Are they going to take the money out and never send the camera? After all, I have no receipt because they never sent one. And apparently I don't have an account either...so my purchase doesn't exist even though they have my credit card number.

I have called Groupon customer service about six times. The phone # is impossible to find. The one I found from the bank "does not exist". Eventually I found one that does. Each time I have to wait on hold for about an hour. When I finally reach an agent, the lady asked for me to verify my credit card- so I gave her the last four digits and she said "yes that's right". So somewhere somehow they do still have my credit card #. Then the lady just kept repeating, "It will be forward to an agent who will get back to you soon". I asked do I have an account. She says the case is going to an agent. I asked are you going to charge my card. She says the case is going to an agent. I asked why my account was deleted. She says the case is going to an agent. I asked can I just completely delete my account with her right now and erase everything from the system. She says No, the case is going to an agent. And then the moment I pause, each agent immediately says "Is there anythigng else I can help you with today?" Well...no I guess not. "Thank you and have a great day." Every agent is like this and not one of them knows any answers. I am certain they are highschoolers that were given a sheet of six sentences- and they just pick any random one and keep repeating it. No one knows anything, and no one gets back to you.

I don't know if my account was hacked. I don't know if they are going to charge me later. I don't know anything. Groupon is a pathetic site that seems very much to be a scam. I will never buy from them again. I always only buy with PayPal to ensure safety but I figured just this once would be OK since Groupon is so popular. They are awful and I am going to go cancel my card and forget about them forever. Luckily, they have not charged anything.

DO NOT BUY from Groupon!

(The order number associated with this review was made up so I could post this. Remember I never actually got an order number or a receipt or anything....)

modified review This review was modified by TiberiusRome on January 31 2015 10:58:19 PM

"I DO NOT recommend buying from Groupon. First of all, you're dealing with outside businesses (not Groupon themselves), so it gets very unpredictable. One business had trouble and did not ship my product, but Groupon customer service did apologize profusely and gave me a refund. Second of all, they do not let people write reviews for their products, which is so stupid. I bought a pair of shoes in size 5 (my normal size), but it turned out too small. Maybe if I read the reviews, I would know that it fits very tightly and would have bought a bigger size."

"Horrible customer service. Sold defective camera as new and refuse to handle return or allow me to speak to supervisor to handle issue. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, DEAL MAY LOOK TOO GOOD BECAUSE IT IS.....will sell you junk and wont allow returns!!!"

modified review This review was modified by ddng0317 on January 29 2015 02:05:15 PM

"Do not use groupon. I purchased a groupon for my sister in law. It was for a hair salon. The fine print said that it was only for first time clients . I was not aware my sister in law had been to this establishment til it was too late. I contacted groupon and asked for a refund or exchange and they were very dismissive and did not take into consideration the fact was a gift. I think they could have at least allowed me to exchange it. I will never use groupon again. They have do not provide good costumer service ."

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!