Stores > Groupon

Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.11/10 7.11/10

2016-08-20

Poor Customer Service

"Purchase Fitbit HR Charge on Groupon for $99. It stopped working after 3 months. The call groupon for replacement. Only to know that it is covered by groupon only for 60 days. They gave me a number but its just ringing. The number is not an official FitBit number but a small time vendor.

The packet came in a zip-lock bag without proper packing. Should have guessed it then that its a fake one!!! Lessons learnt - 'Never Buy Electronic Items on Groupon.com'

2016-08-19

Always good for me!

"Groupon allows me to experience different foods at affordable prices--I love that! Good selection of theater, plays, places to go/stay. all kinds of entertainment, etc. I have been a member of Groupon for years, and will continue to use it. I learned something new to me today from reading another review: to check Groupon for choices of places to experience before going to other states. I did not think of that before. I wish I had--I will now!

I've had to recover money because of merchant discontinuing accepting vouchers. Groupon made good on it to me. I have purchased a voucher where the service was lousy! Groupon made good on that purchase. As far as I am concerned, YOU CAN NOT BEAT GROUPON!!!!

2016-08-18

Best customer service there is! On par with Costco

"I have used groupon for a long time. Very useful for everything from exploring nearby activities and restaurants to different products and merchandise. Every phone case and bottle of cologne in the last three years has been from groupon. Whenever there has been an issue group on handled right away. I have never been disappointed with their service. I did learn though that buying my wife cheap jewelry doesn't go over well, even when it's through groupon. "

This review was modified by Drew.E on August 18 2016 03:12:02 PM

2016-08-17

I love Groupon!!!

"I am using Groupon for many years already and i absolutely loving it! It has great deals and also very fast with responses about whatever issue you might have. I am super satisfied with both, deals they have and supportive customer service! "

2016-08-17

Unresolved issue

"I received an email stating that my issue of NOT getting a refund was resolved.

How is informing me that after I ask for a refund, I get a response saying no refunds classifies as resolved?
Not a good business practice Groupon and Everglades Safari Park! I need a refund because I had to cancel my entire trip. Poor customer service in my book. 1 star or less if it were an option to give less.

2016-08-16

Just had very good customer service

"I had to get a refund for one of my groupons from a restaurant that went out of business. The live chat agent was very helpful and easy to work with. I really enjoy groupons for restaurants as it allows me to try new places without worrying too much about the cost! "

2016-08-14

Ugh! So horrible.

"I purchased one item in error. So I sent an email request to cancel this item after I could not cancel online for hours (repeatedly said it could not submit my cancellation request). I called my credit card company and they advised to contact Groupon directly. They agreed they could not find the contact info on the website so gave me the number. When I eventually got to talk to someone and I went through a repetitive cycle of providing info and being put on hold I did make sure to confirm that the service rep had the ONE correct item to cancel. In the middle of confirming my order I was disconnected but hoped that after confirming the ONE item to be cancelled, I checked a short time later to find all of my purchases had been cancelled, including the ones I wanted. I had to buy them all over again. It was a horrible experience. "

2016-08-14

I love my Groupon!

"I love the deal that Groupon offers. I've saved a ton of money over the years. Yesterday, I was placing an order, and I forgot to use the promo code before I hit submit. For some reason the system wouldn't let me cancel the order so I started a chat. The agent promptly canceled my order and gave me the timeframe that I could expect my refund. I will be a customer for life!"

This review was modified by jeancuz on August 14 2016 11:11:56 AM

2 hours!!

"2 hours!! is the amount of time they give you to cancel your order. When I complained, I got a cheery little email telling me my issue had been resolved. I haven't even gotten the POS item yet, which is why I tried to cancel in the first place. "

VERY IMPESSIVE!!!

"Groupon.com was very helpful! I had purchased this voucher & didn't realize till after that I had made a mistake. I didn't realize the mistake until after I had viewed it, so I could not cancel it. I emailed Groupon.com right away. But I didn't have very high hopes since I had already viewed it.
But the very next day I received an email from them telling me that a refund was put back on my card. I was extremely impressed, not only that I got a refund, but also was with the speed of it all.

This review was modified by jmfurl19 on August 13 2016 08:35:21 AM

Prefect Transaction!

"I am so pleased with Groupon, with its products, services and especially their customer service!
Always great items that arrive in a timely fashion. Their Groupon deals are the best. Offering opportunities to try new restaurants or spa/medical services.
The customer service is top notch! 5 STARS for Groupon!

2016-08-13

Five star customer service!

"Due to an unplanned surgery we were unable to use a Groupon we had purchased for our granddaughter's visit. Since she comes to stay only once a year it would be expired before it could be redeemed. I contacted Groupon and explained the situation and was given a credit to my account to use for a future purchase. They were very considerate and accommodating and we will definitely be purchasing more Groupons."

2016-08-11

Pleased with customer service

"Groupon works with you if you are not happy with the merchant. After I wrote my "unhappy" message to the customer service, I got a prompt reply and was credited the amount which was paid for a very low quality service. Excellent customer service! I am pleased with Groupon and would definitely recommend it to others."

2016-08-10

Quick response and resolution!

"Groupon responded to my issue that the retailer had gone out of business and could no longer accept my Groupon item purchased. Initially I was able to contact the retailer and verified the closure and that there were no other stores that I could visit.

Groupon then communicated immediately to let me know they were working on a resolution to the matter. I appreciated the response and the acknowledgment of the situation at hand. And the compensation was acceptable. I will continue to purchase from them in the future.

This review was modified by 7007cindy on August 10 2016 02:20:50 PM

2016-08-10

No Worries!

"Would like to shout out an appreciation for Groupon support...I purchased coupons and then found out that they were to a store too far (well that I don't travel that far to shop) and was about to panic! But I got in touch with customer support and told them about my dilemma and they e-mailed me back right away and had canceled the purchase for me!
I would buy through them anytime! Thanks Groupon and your support people for being a great company.

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!