Stores > Groupon

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.86/10 7.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.82/10 7.82/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.82/10 7.82/10

2016-12-03

Extraordinary Customer Service - Every Time!

"I have received Extraordinary Customer Service - Every Time!
No other words needed!

I thoroughly enjoy my savings and new experiences using Groupon!

I always "Shop" at Groupon.com first...

Janet K Barbrick

2016-12-01

Groupon Chat doesn't seem to know anything

"Before purchasing a Groupon for a local restaurant, I asked the "chat" person if we could use 2 Groupons at 1 table and 5 people. They took forever to "check" and finally came back with a YES! I was happy with this answer so I purchased a Groupon. Once the charge went through, I received the Groupon and read it, which said 1 Groupon per table. I contacted "chat" again and they said sorry and processed the return to my credit card. They charged the credit card immediately but need 10 days to have the credit show up (not cool Groupon!) This was their mistake and should have returned the money to show on my credit card within a few days. They could have voided the charge, which would have accomplished the credit not taking so long to be refunded. More importantly, use this error to educate the people who are providing customer service "chat" so this won't happen again. Also, your 2nd chat person said to me "you should always check the restrictions before buying." I DID BY CHATTING WITH YOU!!! Are you really sorry Groupon??? It sure didn't seem like it. "

This review was modified by barbPR on December 01 2016 12:04:37 PM

2016-11-30

Excellent/Quick Response!

"A Groupon online chat representative within minutes fixed an issue with a Groupon that I had purchased, but not yet redeemed, yet it was marked as redeemed. The rep immediately took care of the issue and it only took about 20-25 seconds to get a rep through the online chat portal. I would highly recommend."

This review was modified by bw66770 on November 30 2016 10:38:43 AM

2016-11-29

Great value great service

"I have been using groupon for a little over two years now and have been very happy with the vast majority of my purchases. Tons of great deals can be found to try out new restaurants, activities, and getaways just to name a few. On the revocation I do have an issue with a merchant the service team has very quickly resolved my problem with a smile. Would definitely recommend."

This review was modified by Traines70 on November 29 2016 08:32:42 PM

Groupon can't be beat!!

"Every time I have a question regarding a groupon, I can always call Customer Service and they are more than happy to address my concerns. I just recently missed out on a groupon for a pumpkin patch and with no questions asked, they enabled me to trade it in for something else I needed! They are awesome and quick to get back to you! LOVE GROUPON!"

This review was modified by sandiego619 on November 28 2016 07:12:32 AM

Groupon is the best!

"I have been buying Groupons for years, after they first started. I have bought literally hundreds. Almost everyone has been a great deal. I have been to places I would never have been and the products have been great also. Only a few times has it not worked out. Like if a business closes even after the Groupon has expired and you have not used it they will refund. They also do it quickly and professionally. Of course there have been a few places I did not really care for but it was much better to find that out with a deal and not full price. The rating system helps with that or I yelp it before I buy. There really is little risk and we have been on some incredible adventures we may not have been able to afford other wise , like a horse carriage ride through vineyards in Temecula Ca. one of my favorites!"

This review was modified by moonlover on November 28 2016 05:21:25 AM

Horrible customer service

"My account was compromised and someone made fraudulent purchases on my account. When I received the email confirmation of the fraud, I called immediately. Their resonse? "Very sorry, we'll look into it".

48 hours later, nothing. Another follow up. "Very sorry - please send more detail.", etc, etc. More emails, supervisors engaged, still "looking into it".

48 hours later, I gave up and disputed the charge on my credit card. A week later, I hear from another supervisor. "Maybe you should dispute the charge on your credit card".

Do not leave a credit card on file with these jokers. You will be asking for fraud.
Mark

2016-11-27

Customer service is spot on at Groupon

"I have contacted customer service twice to assist me and both times I received a SOLUTION (not just a reply) within 24 hours! Amazing - other companies should take note. Groupon is my go to app. They know how to keep and build a customer base."

This review was modified by mcguire628 on November 27 2016 07:36:34 PM

2016-11-26

Charged wrong creditcard

"I ordered on Groupon with the wrong creditcard in the middle of the night. I immediately contacted Groupon and they were able to solve my issue and do a cancellation.
Thank you Groupon for being so prompt

2016-11-26

Perfectly Satisfied

"Ordered a Groupon that was to expire the next day and I couldn't access it through my login or the app. The representative Charllo F. took care of it immediately. My family will be able to enjoy "The Festival of Lights" for the holidays...otherwise the tickets would have been too expensive.

Kimberly Totten

2016-11-25

Great support

"Groupon customer service was outstanding & the prompt response time was amazing. I would recommend both the purchase side & the support side to everyone. "

This review was modified by wavewatchrr61 on November 25 2016 10:32:46 PM

2016-11-24

Great Customer Service

"1st time using customer service and it was easy and very effective. My issue was resolved within hours. This will for sure make me use Groupon more in the future since I know now that any issue will be resolved as soon as I make a request"

2016-11-23

Gotta hate their refund policy

"Their website and shopping experience is generally good. However, I tend to waste more money through Groupon then I would otherwise - kinda ironic. Especially their refund policy are borderline cheating. Once you buy the Groupon, they would only give your money back in Groupon bucks - even if it's their fault. Case in point. Bought Groupon for a restaurant once. After which they changed the fine print of Groupon - may be on business request. This is clearly their mistake. But I would only get back Groupon bucks. So now I am forced to buy their product. Like it or not.

Just few days ago I realized I haven't used a very old Groupon. Was trying to use it and realized that the business has closed. Again not fully my or their mistake. Got back Groupon bucks instead of refund to credit card.

So bottom line is once you give them your money, it's theirs. You cannot expect to get it back in any way. Even if you don't want to use their service or they made a mistake in listing of Groupon. Not using it ever again once I use up these stupid Groupon bucks.

This review was modified by Prashant_mv on November 23 2016 07:09:22 PM

2016-11-23

Love the Groupon

"The support people was really helpful and professionals.
They took care of the problem fast.
That's a app that we can trust

2016-11-22

The Best Bargains

"I love Groupon. Been shopping here for years, mostly buying gift certificates for restaurants or special events for my grown kids living in other states. I have gotten some great deals and rarely do my kids run out of time and let them expire. But the best thing is that when they do, Groupon allows you to reprint the vouchers for their face value and still use them---Living Social does not and any time there's a problem the Groupon Customer Service Reps ALWAYS get back to me within 24 hrs and get it straightened out. Don't blame Groupon if you don't read the fine print and the expiration date-- The buyer is responsible for reading the details---they aren't hidden."

This review was modified by YaYaSister70128 on November 22 2016 07:33:47 PM

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!