Stores > Groupon

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.15/10 6.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.57/10 6.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.97/10 5.97/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.85/10 5.85/10
Voice your opinion! Review Groupon by clicking a star below.

Poor customer service

"I bought a Groupon voucher for a restaurant that had already closed when I tried to use it before the expiration date. After an online chat, Groupon sent me a badly written email suggesting I would have 24 hours to apply my paid voucher credit to a new Groupon offer. I wrote back that I would need more time to find an offer I wanted. Now no one will even respond to my email. I thought these vouchers were guaranteed!"

The Worst Ever!!

"Buyer beware!! Groupon is great until you have an issue. Worst customer service ever! I have yet to get an email from the same person twice. I have an account. Groupon knows my location. Yet, I was sold an out of area coupon. Groupon has repeatedly placed the blame on its customer, the vendor, but I blame Groupon for this mistake. I blame Groupon for suggesting customers purchase coupons for areas in which they do not live. To clarify the vendor is in my area, however the coupon Groupon sold was not for my area, and therefore the full amount of the Groupon was not honored at the time of purchase. I contacted Groupon immediately after redeeming this coupon, within 24 hours of purchase, and have been told that because I redeemed the Groupon (albeit, for a lesser amount) and my dispute was not settled within three days (not for lack of trying on my part), there is nothing Groupon can do besides giving me Groupon credit, which after this experience, I do not want. As far as redemption is concerned, the Groupon was a service coupon for an oil change, which I had already had performed. When I found out that only a portion of my Groupon would be honored, I couldn't very well have them put the old oil back in the car, so I redeemed what I could of the Groupon, foolishly believing Groupon would make things right. Since then, it has taken Groupon over TWENTY days to resolve this issue, which in my opinion is still not resolved. I have been told I have Groupon credit, which I am not sure actually exists. It doesn't appear in my account and I never received confirmation. However, if it does exist, after using it (which I don't even really want to do) I will never purchase another thing from Groupon again."

2017-05-24

Customer service is a disorganized mess

"After years of purchases (hundreds of dollars) I bought a groupon for a business which closed about a week after I bought it (before they expired or could be used), thought no problem will just let groupon know and they will give me my money back... not how it works anymore apparently.
First they just closed the ticket and sent me a survey asking how they did, after I told them to reopen they told me they would have the business contact me to resolve the issue which made no sense, then they told me they would have to confirm it was actually closed. Takes about 30 seconds to google the chain to find the article that they have all closed in our region.. weeks of constant emails that they are working on it and asking me to 'let them know if I still needed something' which made me just have to spend my time responding yes I need you to actually do something and give me a refund. Gave up on the one case after about 3 weeks so engaged them through chat and started a new case- this time they said all they could do was allow me to trade in which only gives you 24 hours to find something else you want. I declined indicating I wanted either a full refund or at least groupon bucks that didn't expire in a short timeframe, they told me they would escalate and another week or two of completely unhelpful emails resulted with no apparent escalation. Finally they said they could offer me groupon bucks and when I replied that I would take them they never answered... replied two more times that "I want to take you up on the offer and take the bucks" no responses to any of them.

After almost 6 weeks of my time being wasted by their CS reps (with the two open cases) my co-worker who bought the same groupon mentioned he had gotten an automated email from them about it being closed and that you could get a refund so I got a copy of his email and then engaged support in a phone call (case #3) and they quickly confirmed the business was closed and after trying to get me to take a trade in gave me a refund a day or so later. (I didn't reference the other two cases in this conversation so it seems the answer you get totally depends on who you talk to)

In years of working with various support organizations this was the worst experience I have ever had - all over ~15 bucks. Groupon has lost a customer. The back and forth with them reads like some kind of comedy routine, I wonder if I was actually interacting with some sort of automated bot most of the time because most of the replies made no sense ... if anyone at Groupon in charge of customer satisfaction wants to review the transcripts for a good laugh or cry if your in charge of these my cases were
#1 (Request: 58434295) - This was the longest and most unhelpful
#2 Chat Ticket ID : 881175654895852100 (Request: 59037576)
Finally the one that took care of it 60082329

Refund

"I booked our vacation at the Linchfield Beach well in advance but just before the arrival date my husband got sick and I called the hotel to cancel but they told me I had to cancel through Groupon. Groupon said they had to get permission from the hotel to cancel. Each pointed the finger at the other. So neither one would cancel the reservation and just told me "the fine print" says you loose. I was marked a "no-show and would be charged the total groupon rate. It apparently doesn't matter what your unexpected/unavoidable/serious situation is, short of being dead, they will not make any exceptions or refunds. A sad policy indeed. "

2017-05-24

Merchant wouldn't honor, Groupon wouldn't give refund

"I made an appointment with this hair salon online, because when I called they said I had to do it online. I get there and they tell me they don't have an appointment for me. I show them the screen shot of the confirmation, but they said since I did not get an email I didn't go through. They were also completely booked and unable to book me a new appointment. I asked Groupon for a refund tow which they denied, and now I am out S100. "

2017-05-23

"Trade ins" a bad policy for refunding voucher that merchants don't honor!!!

"I have been buying groupons for years and have always been super pleased with the products and with the service but recently things have changed drastically. Within the last 6 months or so, I bought three groupons that the merchants didn't honor for various reasons. I received "trade ins" instead of Groupon bucks. Trade ins have to be used within 24 hours or you lose your money!!! So far I have lost $28. Spent too much time on chat line trying to get Groupon bucks instead of "trade in". For the $36 voucher that wasn't honored recently, I was once again given a trade in. Too many chats and calls to no avail! Asked for a supervisor and after 10 minutes , she never came to the phone! So I guess I'll lose another $36! Horrible service and terrible policy!!!!

2017-05-23

Excellent Customer Service

"I was honestly surprised by the customer rep's prompt response to my inquiry and they resolved the issue within minutes.

Best customer service I've experienced thus far.

hank you so much for Group On Customer Support Team!

2017-05-22

Groupon has been INCREDIBLE-

"I had a Groupon that the merchant did not accept- not the fault of Groupon. The merchant was disorganized and the employees did not know how to cash the Groupon in. I first "chatted" with a Groupon employee on line and they were quick to respond and researched the problem. Within minutes I had the problem solved. Groupon gave me Groupon bucks and I was able to purchase another Groupon- Thank you!"

2017-05-21

senior citizen mistake quickly fixed

"I mistakenly clicked the button saying I had redeemed online purchase. Used chat and groupon rep understood issue and quickly reversed my error and explained how I had to proceed. Transaction was then properly completed and very happy with purchase."

customer service specialists

"they are always very helpful should any problems arise with using a groupon. Awesome deals on food massages etc. Don't save much on good though unless you don't know prices and don't care. I've learned over the years, before purchasing a deal, check online first or call company directly to find hours that are going to work with your schedule for massages and the like then purchase deal. "

Do Not buy a phone!

"We bought an iPhone for $300. Got it the end of January. Activated it in February. It died completely the end of April. Apple store said, it's hardware issues. Probably not refurbished right. Groupon said, too bad, it's been over 14 days."

2017-05-20

Horrible service

"I should note that this is the first time Group On has made this kind of error: shipping to the wrong address. However, it was such a grueling process to find any resolution, that I will never again order from them. It took hours of telephone calls (on hold for 57" with one), e-mail "chats", and two (unnecessary, I found out later) trips to two different post offices.

They delivered it to the wrong address (not one I'd given). The resident "refused" and the delivery person returned it to USPS. GROUP-ON, HOWEVER, SHOWED THE PACKAGE AS "DELIVERED". USPS thought I might be able to catch the package before it was returned, but it had already been returned. I could not find any way on the GroupOn site to see my shipping address (unless I purchased a new item), but the person I "chatted" with on-line told me he had corrected it. He had no explanation for why all previous GroupOn items were correctly sent, but this one wasn't. Eventually, after the laborious process of "chatting", the GroupOn Rep agreed to refund the (large) amount to my credit card instead of, as he first noted, giving me "GroupOn Dollars" to use on future purchases. Also, even though I'd notified them in 2016 of my late husband's death in late 2015, this package was addressed to him. (The GroupOn Account is in my name as is my Credit Card, and his name's appearance went unexplained.)

So, spare yourself the hassle and avoid GroupOn.

Groupon Customer Support a Farce

"I haven't been made aware of any resolution.

The problem is that:

1- I already paid for the Groupon & purchased during a promotion for a $10 discount. This was for a Groupon for $33 for two gel manicures and there was a $10 discount on the day I purchased it.

2-I was online chatting w/ a Groupon customer service employee for over an hour, as there were no vouchers on my Groupon app. He emailed me the voucher.

3-The merchant was unable to Scan/validate the voucher as it kept coming up as used.

4- I called Groupon customer support and was told that they would credit my Groupon account for me to re-purchase it so the merchant could validate the voucher. I express to the customer service representative that I did not feel comfortable repurchasing something I had already purchased and that he, should be able to resolve this. I was assured my account would not be charged and that he was sending me a link and to "buy it again" then show new voucher to the merchant so they can verify it & get paid. I did that and the merchant redeemed my voucher. When I checked my bank account an hour later I see my Bank of America account was charged $33 for Groupon.

5-I then received an email saying that Groupon has credited me $23 that I would need to use within 24 hours, however, I already had re-purchased the Groupon and the merchant has already scanned the barcode & redeemed the voucher.

So now I have been charged $43 for a Groupon that should've only been $23. Your employee, Eli, lied to me when he said my Bank of America account would not be charged, and then it in fact was charged another $33. And now you are crediting me $23 to my Groupon acct after charging my Bank of America account $33 & sending me a voucher, which the merchant has already validated as redeemed, therefore making the voucher worthless! I want $33 credited to my bank of America account. I could care less about a $23 credit in my Groupon as this has been a very terrible experience.

I have spent now 4 hours trying to get this resolved. The below email saying you "were glad to resolve my issue" is not true as this issue is NOT resolved and I will be happy to report this in the review you request me to give if this does not get resolved.

Please contact me ASAP regarding getting this resolved once and for all.

Christine Kohut

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPad

On May 19, 2017, at 9:11 PM, Groupon Customer Support wrote:

⇧ Write Your Reply Above ⇧
Hello,

We’re so glad we could resolve your issue today!

We’d love to hear your feedback on Groupon services and products. You can write us a review by visiting ResellerRatings or Viewpoints.

Thanks again for shopping Groupon!

All the best,

Your friends at Groupon

This email is a service from Groupon.

Bad Service & Scam

"I paid for a voucher for $100 off of a new windshield. Called the shop to get a quote, they told me it would be around $295 taxes in. Called back a few weeks later to get another quote from the same shop but didn't mention my groupon, and the lady said it would be $300 for a windshield. I told Groupon my concern and they said all I can do is use it or give it to a friend. Why would I want to bestow such a horrible gift on someone else!"

NOT customer centric

"Poor customer support. Bad outcome for me and no one cares."

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!