Stores > Groupon

Product & services pricing Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.80/10 0.80/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.74/10 0.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.39/10 0.39/10

"they're thieves.. i don't shop there much but i had an account which had $63 in groupon gift cards. they closed my account without any notification and took my gift cards."

This review was modified by kokeman on November 27 2015 09:52:30 PM

"Worst online experience of my life. If I can give one piece of advice never buy from groupon. Not only do the rab products suck(always break/or not real) the actions this company takes is criminal. They are liars and have gone back on their word more times the. Politicians. "

This review was modified by Fuckgroupon on November 22 2015 07:01:08 AM

"I found good offer of K2 TV wall mount on Groupon.com. I ordered that product and received the wrong product. I called customer support of Groupon and they said they can't send the replacement. I need to return the item and order the product again.

I returned the item and order the product again. You know, 2nd time I got the same wrong product.

This is not acceptable at all and I was not expecting this kind of service from Groupon. They are selling some other item on their website and sending something different. It's kind of like a fraud they are doing. I am very disappointed as I already wasted my 2 weeks time for waiting to mount my TV on wall.

This review was modified by gkamboj on November 21 2015 12:49:43 PM

"Have been buying different variety of merchandise from them since past 2 years. Just recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 which arrived almost after one month. Upon unboxing, it was observed there were two scratches and one dent on the side panels of the phone. The phone battery could not hold charge for more than 4 to 5 hours as would deplete completely by then after a full charge. Called and spoke to Groupon Customer service who apologized and said they'll have someone look into this right away and get back ASAP. It has since been 5 days and no one from Groupon has responded back as yet. Attempted to follow up with them and no luck yet still. Quiet a poor customer service and bad condition products they are selling."

"Will not continue using GROUPON! I have been a costumer for 3 YEARS! Real people stopped talking to you it is all computer now. I had an issue and it kept going in circles because their computers are not responding as actually people an the computers do not understand what I am saying I use to have very good reviews on this site it is going down big time! Has very poor products and slow shipment!"

"I contacted this site about there ADULT INVENTORY because my child was on there site shopping and came across an ADULT TOY! This site has NO ADVISERS OR WARNINGS THAT THEY SELL ADULT ITEMS! When I contacted them about it I was told, I'LL PASS ON YOUR FEEDBACK! NOT GOOD ENOUGH! "

"I ordered a laptop case on the 13th of September and it is now the 22nd. I went online and tracked it and found out they waited till the 21st to process my order(even tho they charged my card on the 13th) and shipped it on the 22nd. I emailed groupon and they're replies are something you would say to a 10 year old. They told me to read the fine print and that it says up to 7 days for delivery. They then go on to say that the weekends don't count and that's why I haven't received my item. I told them no, I haven't received my item because the seller sat on it for 9 days! Their customer service is a joke. I went around and around with them and it's like they don't read their messages and just create a new one every time. The last one told me: Great news! We have your tracking information and it's on the way!... Really?? I already knew that, that wasn't my original issue. I will never order from groupon ever again. I would rather pay more and get better customer service. In my opinion, they don't even deserve 1 star."

Cocoa, FL

"Based on reviews here I guess I was lucky. Bought a refurb camera at the lowest price I could find and it arrived, as described, seven calendar days from my order with free shipping. However, I see no reason I had to pay state sales tax on my purchase as they have no Florida presence as far as I can tell, so I probably won't do another Groupon purchase. Because the tracking showed the item originating in Edison, NJ, I'm pretty sure my order was (rather languidly) fulfilled by Buydig, which is a reliable seller, It probably wasn't from NewEgg, which also ships from Edison, because they didn't have the item on their site.

Buying discounted services like pedicures and oil changes and carpet cleaning, etc., online is not something I would not attempt, as you're going to be last in line at that wildly reduced price and probably get less-than-great service -- and really can't expect Groupon to get all that involved in bad experiences, as all they're basically doing is setting you up with some local business that agreed to offer a deal, but may or may not honor that deal.

This review was modified by trangler on September 18 2015 03:10:19 PM

"Shipping is always slow, without exception. The products are pretty good. I got a great deal on a couple of things, which I am happy with. I recently bought a Proliss hair dryer though advertised as a 2000 watt dryer. The box said 2000 watts but the actual dryer said 1875 watt on it. Also, the model number listed on the dryer didn't match the one on the box. I think I probably got ripped off. That being said, I kept the dryer because it is probably the best dryer I've ever had and I really didn't spend much more than I would've for a dryer at Target or Walmart and the quality is still better. Groupon customer service gave me an apology and a $5 Groupon voucher. They offered to let me return for a full refund but I elected not to for the reason already stated.

The coupons on the other hand are good and well worth the money. Since they are instant you don't have to wait for shipping.

This review was modified by LG1986 on September 09 2015 07:11:01 AM

"I recently had the worst online purchase experience ever with Groupon! I bought a cell phone from them only to find out they are shipping it to an address I lived at four years ago. I made sure before purchasing the phone that my address listed on Groupon's site was my current address. When I tried to call them to correct the mistake, I was told that I have two hours to call them about the error. Unfortunately, the confirmation was sent at 1:47 am while I was fast asleep. Mind you, there is still no tracking information posted which most likely means it still hasn't shipped! So I asked "what happens if who ever is living in my old apartment doesn't return it?" Their answer was "it gives you a definite OPPORTUNITY for a refund". What?!!! So they know they are going to send it to the wrong address and it may never be returned. What are they willing to do to correct this? "We can file a claim and TRY to get you a refund after you wait 7 business days to prove you didn't get it." My only hope is they ship it UPS who may be able to change the ship to address. Wonderful right? I will never buy another thing from Groupon and I sure hope anyone that reads this thinks at least twice before doing so. Oh by the way...there still is no tracking info. Dan in SC."

"Bought a groupon and then someone stole my debit card number and charged over 800.00 dollars worth of stuff, had to report to fraud unit.......BEWARE!!!!!"

This review was modified by Jenn1RN on August 20 2015 06:25:03 PM

"Have tried unsuccessfully to reset my password for the last 30 minutes. Their site won't accept the reset after resetting over 15 times. Ridiculous! ! ! ! ! "

"Customer service at groupon is a joke. The website is flawed, their employees at customer service are lazy, rude, & just unpleasant to talk to or try to work with. If you order from the mobile site it automatically puts in the billing address with the card you have on file even if you put in a different shipping address & billing address at check out & then it won't let you edit or cancel your order & if you ask customer service for help you better catch their mistake within two hours because after that they'll tell you there's nothing they can do about it! Ridiculous! Thank God UPS has better customer service because if wasn't for them my poor son wouldn't be getting his birthday present! Will be canceling my accounts with them!"

This review was modified by amberddyer on July 30 2015 05:36:16 PM

"So, this is what it’s like dealing with Groupon.
Keep in mind, there are no savings when purchasing tangible products from Groupon due to how frustratingly long it takes for items to ship and arrive and the maddening customer service once has to deal with - should you have to engage with their toll free support.
I order a $136 item on July 21. Item listing states it cannot ship to a PO Box. I live in an area that does not have home USPS Service, but FEDEX, UPS and DHL deliver to the home, but I have a PO BOX for mail service.
I order the product and send a very specific email to Groupon Customer Service, right after ordering it, stating the item must ship via UPS in order for the item to arrive. I receive a reply from Muthukumar V, July 23, stating, “We have a lot of partners in carrier like UPS, FedEx, DHL etc. Most of the time, if the location is unreachable, the package will be transferred to USPS and they will be the one who's going to delivery the package to the recipient. This order cannot be shipped to PO boxes/AK/HI/Canada/Puerto Rico.”
The item doesn’t ship until July 28, 7 full days after I order it, which that fact alone frustrates me to no end. Amazon is shipping products to arrive the same day and Groupon is shipping via pony express to arrive in 10 to 13+ days… Like I said, ‘no savings’ based upon how long one has to wait on delivery.
But, at least, the item has shipped via UPS. Or so I am lead to believe.
I receive UPS notification on July 29, that the item has been transferred to the United States Postal Service at the request of the Shipper, Groupon. Yea, WTF? Keep in mind, USPS does not have service to my physical address, therefore it cannot be delivered. But I do have a PO BOX that Groupon will not ship this item to. I know… Go figure… Catch 22.
I call Groupon Customer Service (which averages 20 to 40 minute hold times. Yes, really), and speak to Lucas, who states that ALL GROUPON UPS shipments are transferred to USPS from UPS for final delivery. He states this is the case with all Groupon product shipments. Keep in mind, I instructed Groupon ON JULY 21 to NOT SHIP THIS ITEM VIA USPS, AS IT WILL NOT BE DELIVERED.
He cannot do either an intercept with either UPS or USPS, as the item is now in the process of being returned to Groupon because USPS does not deliver to my address and has no means, ability or willingness to reach out to the shipper, Groupon, and ask for a revised delivery address… which would be my PO BOX.
So, I order a 4 pound item that cannot ship to my PO BOX, I instruct Groupon to ship it via FEDEX GROUND or UPS because the USPS does not deliver to my area, Groupon confirms to ship via UPS, it ships via UPS, I get tracking info from UPS that UPS has the package, Groupon’s Muthukumar V fails to inform me in our initial correspondence that all final and FORMAL INSTRUCTIONS from Groupon to UPS is to transfer all packages to USPS for final delivery, USPS does not deliver to my home address, I speak to Lucas at toll free support who informs me all final deliveries are by USPS only, except for exceptionally large items, like televisions, Lucas can’t intercept the item and now 9 days are wasted when I should have ordered this from Amazon where I could have been enjoying it for 8 days as of the date of this correspondence.
I tell Lucas issue a full credit. He says it “may take up to 10 business days to be reflected on your statement,” so Groupon is now earning interest on my money for 19 days. FFS!
Groupon is, without a doubt, literally the worst online retailer I have ever dealt with on tangible product sales.
I have had nothing but good experiences using Groupon for transactions on services, like restaurants and car washers, where I can print out a form and present it to the local merchant. But in every case in trying to buy tangible products from Groupon, and get them delivered promptly, without frustration, it’s impossible.
What makes matters worse is how painfully incompetent, slow, lazy, unprofessional, and out–of-touch Groupon remains, from the executive level on down, by clearly displaying an unwillingness to enter the 21st century with it’s competitors to provide a quality and professional retail experience and service I would be more than happy to support. But after this aborted and botched encounter, I can insure you, Groupon will never get another dime of my money, ever again, until they can insure me they will handle all transactions as efficiently and professionally as Amazon or any other online merchant.
I implore you, if you’re about to make a product purchase with Groupon, don’t. Pay a few bucks more to get the same thing elsewhere. Spending a few dollars more to avoid $1,000 in aggravation is a worthwhile investment in your sanity. https://www.facebook.com/Groupon.US

I have purchased many Groupon voucher before. But unfortunately being a valued customer means nothing to Groupon. I had recently purchased a voucher for a three day getaway to smuggles on the beach in NSW for my parents xmas present. Once my mother had contacted Smuggles to book the dates they told her that it was there block out period and she was unable to book on these dates even though this was not stated on the voucher! Smuggles continued to tell her that the block out dates had been written incorrectly by Groupon and that the matter remained with them. Once I contacted Groupon after it has taken several weeks of back to back emails and phone calls do I get the reply sorry we can not refund your money as you have missed the 7 day refund period but here is the money in Groupon credit!!! Groupon will not take responsibility for there mistake and then after want you to spend your $300+ with them again after you have had such a horrible experience!!! Thanks Groupon for making my parents little christmas present such a terrible experience!!

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!