Stores > Groupon

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.60/10 7.60/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.48/10 7.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.54/10 7.54/10

Excellent Customer Service!

"I purchased a Groupon for Yoga classes and when I went to redeem it at the spa I was told they no longer offered yoga. I contacted Groupon right away and they refunded my purchase within hours! They also made sure I was aware the refund was in process."

This review was modified by babalah on January 12 2017 01:45:03 PM

2017-01-12

Great place to safe money, but do research on what your buying!

"I purchased 2 groupons for a hair salon near me. I did a ton of research on the salon before purchasing, but still had reservations because I had never been there before and her pictures of results didn't seem too good. But I figured, "Maybe her camera isn't too great?" Well, I should have gone with my gut. I had an absolute nightmare experience. I'm still in the midst of fixing my hair from her mistakes. Total mess! Anywho, it's not groupons fault. They provide a wonderful platform full of money saving opportunities, just do your research.

** I also ended up returning one of the groupons I bought for the salon (didn't want to spend a cent more there ever again) and the process took literally less than 24hrs. No questions asked. Although I was within the 3 day rerun period. After 3 days all sales are final, so be attentive to that.

This review was modified by TaylorLynn1992 on January 12 2017 09:45:50 AM

Excellent Customer Service

"I ran into some trouble with a voucher I hadn't picked up yet but my Groupon indicated that it was redeemed. I was worried my money had went down the drain. Thankfully, Groupon customer service responded in less than 12 hours and I'm going to be able to attend the Greg Frewin magic show that was included in one of my Groupons.

Great customer service and excellent Groupons to choose from. I never go out to eat or book an activity without checking to see if it's on Groupon first. I've saved well over 300$ since I started using it at the end of summer 2016.

This review was modified by CoreyWould on January 12 2017 06:06:25 AM

2017-01-11

I love Groupon

"I've used Groupon since its early-days and have never been disappointed. Recently, I booked a hotel night at the historic Asilomar lodge at Pacific Grove. We had stayed at Asilomar on an earlier Groupon and loved it so much, I booked a second night at Groupon. I did not understand the fine print which stated that we needed to book by January 6 and stay at Asilomar by February 17. I missed the whole boat. But I was impressed when Groupon contacted me to tell me that I could apply my full Asilomar payment to a new Groupon. Fantastic. I needed to book a Tahoe night to get my son up for skiing/snowboarding. There was also a sale code for 10% off on hotel accommodation. My lucky day, right? Except then, as I checked out, I forgot to put in the code. I was quick to send Customer Support a quick email ~ asking if anything could be done to apply the discount post-check-out or have a credit assigned to my account. Not even 3 hours had passed before I had an upbeat reply from Groupon telling me that they had put the 10% credit on my Tahoe night into my Groupon account. Talk about top-class customer service! Thank you, Groupon. You have a faithful client in me!"

2017-01-10

Resolved within minutes

"I purchased a deal through the app, because I was offered a special discount to use it with. Unfortunately, upon contacting the salon on the next business day, I could not be accommodated in the time I needed. I cancelled my transaction in my account and chatted with an agent. Right away, he agreed to issued the special discount as a Groupon Bucks, so I could use it on another deal. This was not my first experience with Groupon customer service and I have always been happy with the provided solution. I will continue using Groupon."

2017-01-08

Salon Disaster

"I recently purchased a Groupon offer for services at a hair salon. When I called the establishment, I spoke with a disoriented, unprofessional "receptionist" so when I hung up, I called Groupon to ensure that the SH Salon was the same one they had advertised and explained the phone call. The first customer service rep I spoke with never understood the dilemma so I called back. The second rep didn't understand as well - no matter how detailed I explained what had happened - so it was with trepidation that I kept the appointment. When I arrived at the salon and was ushered to the service chair, I explained that I had purchased a Groupon deal. The stylist behind both of us said, "Oh we don't accept those. We've been off the list for a long time. I wish they'd get it right." My stomach dropped as we had just driven an hour to get there. Fortunately, the kind stylist who was with me said, "It's okay. I'll do it anyway." If it weren't for her, I would have had no service at all. She was very kind and did a wonderful job. I wish I were only giving a review on the salon because as far as Groupon goes, their customer service and actual service offered were less than poor. "

2017-01-06

Groupon makes good on a hotel which should be closed

"I recently booked a stay in Lancaster at the Host Resort for $49 A night on Groupon.
The Hotel is in disrepair and should be closed until renovations are made.
WE discovered a roach on the wall in our room upon check in.
After speaking with the front desk we were informed to contact Groupon directly to inquire about a refund.
{We ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Strasburg. (Excellent)}
After several exchanges with Groupon via chat we were issued a refund in Groupon dollars.

This review was modified by DougK1 on January 06 2017 05:43:28 PM

2017-01-04

Fantastic!

"I purchased a massage groupon for a friend in another state for her birthday. The voucher was emailed to her thru groupon for convenience. She inadvertently could not open the file and contacted me. I then thru email contacted C/S and asked them to resend in pdf, as I was unable to retrieve the voucher and do it myself. They responded the next day, immediately if you will, and I was able to get the pdf to my friend. Very Happy!"

2017-01-04

Amazing Customer Satisfaction

"I had an issue with the vendor and Groupon resolved my issues in minutes. Fantastic customer service."

This review was modified by Joshpepper on January 04 2017 04:07:26 AM

2017-01-03

Where's the Customer Service?

"I recently had a issue with a trip purchased to Great Wolf Lodge. I had originally purchased a trip to their Concord location but cancelled when I booked the Williamsburg location. I continue to receive confirmation emails from GWL for both locations and was told by GWL I would need to contact Groupon to resolve. I did that and when I as specifically asked for the Concord trip to be cancelled the CS rep cancelled my Williamsburg location in error. I immediately told them of their mistake and was told. 'So sorry, but deal is closed and I can't rebook you.' I contacted a supervisor with Customer Service and was also told there was nothing he could do. I asked that they reach out to GWL to tell them of their error and try to re-instate the reservation and he told me that was not possible. Really? Where's the customer service? Luckily I did their job for them by reaching out to the person at GWL that handles Groupon deals and they were happy to honor the Groupon pricing. At least they know Customer Service."

2017-01-03

They're stealing your money!

"I purchased a Groupon for the first time. It was for laser hair removal treatment. When I contacted the business to schedule an appointment, they never responded or answered. So I contacted Groupon customer service to see if I could get refunded and they said no because it was purchased more than 3 business days ago. They said I could receive Groupon bucks and use that money towards another purchase. I gladly agreed. However, I had no idea I had 24 hours to use that money. I really thought it was to be used like store credit, but typically, stores don't have an expiration on that, yet alone a 24-hr window for it. I am also annoyed that the sellers mark up their prices. I saw a Rachel Ray pot marked up for $99 with a 45% discount, making it $54. You can buy that same exact pot at Target for $24.99."

This review was modified by anonymous725 on January 03 2017 08:07:40 AM

2017-01-02

Superb Customer Service experience!

"I had a problem that I tried to resolve myself on-line but was having difficulty retrieving a recently purchased coupon. I decided to try getting a resolution using the Groupon Chat service and received excellent customer service from Eraniel D., who was able to resolve my issue in minutes, and then followed up to make sure everything worked as expected. Superb service and I couldn't have asked for anything more!"

This review was modified by Bonjo on January 02 2017 12:07:53 PM

2017-01-01

TALKING TO A DEAD EAR

"I had an issue with codes bit working, so i chatted a representative and explained my situation, to NO AVAIL. I was ignored as to why i was frustrated and not being able to take advantage of the deals."

2016-12-31

"I recently had an issue with my Groupon voucher and I contacted Groupon support and their team was quick to respond and resolve my issue. I am more than pleased with their customer service support."

2016-12-31

GROUPON offers G-R-E-A-T DEALS and provides excellant service!

"I have used GROUPON several times during the last three years, and I've been very satisfied every time. They are a great company!

The GROUPON websites are very user friendly, and if by chance you happen to make a mistake or run in to a problem, GROUPON's Customer Service is excellent! I highly recommend using this company!

This review was modified by ptcruiserkal on December 31 2016 09:56:45 AM

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!