• Groupon

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.67/10 0.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10

2015-07-30

"Customer service at groupon is a joke. The website is flawed, their employees at customer service are lazy, rude, & just unpleasant to talk to or try to work with. If you order from the mobile site it automatically puts in the billing address with the card you have on file even if you put in a different shipping address & billing address at check out & then it won't let you edit or cancel your order & if you ask customer service for help you better catch their mistake within two hours because after that they'll tell you there's nothing they can do about it! Ridiculous! Thank God UPS has better customer service because if wasn't for them my poor son wouldn't be getting his birthday present! Will be canceling my accounts with them!"

This review was modified by amberddyer on July 30 2015 05:36:16 PM

2015-07-30

"So, this is what it’s like dealing with Groupon.
Keep in mind, there are no savings when purchasing tangible products from Groupon due to how frustratingly long it takes for items to ship and arrive and the maddening customer service once has to deal with - should you have to engage with their toll free support.
I order a $136 item on July 21. Item listing states it cannot ship to a PO Box. I live in an area that does not have home USPS Service, but FEDEX, UPS and DHL deliver to the home, but I have a PO BOX for mail service.
I order the product and send a very specific email to Groupon Customer Service, right after ordering it, stating the item must ship via UPS in order for the item to arrive. I receive a reply from Muthukumar V, July 23, stating, “We have a lot of partners in carrier like UPS, FedEx, DHL etc. Most of the time, if the location is unreachable, the package will be transferred to USPS and they will be the one who's going to delivery the package to the recipient. This order cannot be shipped to PO boxes/AK/HI/Canada/Puerto Rico.”
The item doesn’t ship until July 28, 7 full days after I order it, which that fact alone frustrates me to no end. Amazon is shipping products to arrive the same day and Groupon is shipping via pony express to arrive in 10 to 13+ days… Like I said, ‘no savings’ based upon how long one has to wait on delivery.
But, at least, the item has shipped via UPS. Or so I am lead to believe.
I receive UPS notification on July 29, that the item has been transferred to the United States Postal Service at the request of the Shipper, Groupon. Yea, WTF? Keep in mind, USPS does not have service to my physical address, therefore it cannot be delivered. But I do have a PO BOX that Groupon will not ship this item to. I know… Go figure… Catch 22.
I call Groupon Customer Service (which averages 20 to 40 minute hold times. Yes, really), and speak to Lucas, who states that ALL GROUPON UPS shipments are transferred to USPS from UPS for final delivery. He states this is the case with all Groupon product shipments. Keep in mind, I instructed Groupon ON JULY 21 to NOT SHIP THIS ITEM VIA USPS, AS IT WILL NOT BE DELIVERED.
He cannot do either an intercept with either UPS or USPS, as the item is now in the process of being returned to Groupon because USPS does not deliver to my address and has no means, ability or willingness to reach out to the shipper, Groupon, and ask for a revised delivery address… which would be my PO BOX.
So, I order a 4 pound item that cannot ship to my PO BOX, I instruct Groupon to ship it via FEDEX GROUND or UPS because the USPS does not deliver to my area, Groupon confirms to ship via UPS, it ships via UPS, I get tracking info from UPS that UPS has the package, Groupon’s Muthukumar V fails to inform me in our initial correspondence that all final and FORMAL INSTRUCTIONS from Groupon to UPS is to transfer all packages to USPS for final delivery, USPS does not deliver to my home address, I speak to Lucas at toll free support who informs me all final deliveries are by USPS only, except for exceptionally large items, like televisions, Lucas can’t intercept the item and now 9 days are wasted when I should have ordered this from Amazon where I could have been enjoying it for 8 days as of the date of this correspondence.
I tell Lucas issue a full credit. He says it “may take up to 10 business days to be reflected on your statement,” so Groupon is now earning interest on my money for 19 days. FFS!
Groupon is, without a doubt, literally the worst online retailer I have ever dealt with on tangible product sales.
I have had nothing but good experiences using Groupon for transactions on services, like restaurants and car washers, where I can print out a form and present it to the local merchant. But in every case in trying to buy tangible products from Groupon, and get them delivered promptly, without frustration, it’s impossible.
What makes matters worse is how painfully incompetent, slow, lazy, unprofessional, and out–of-touch Groupon remains, from the executive level on down, by clearly displaying an unwillingness to enter the 21st century with it’s competitors to provide a quality and professional retail experience and service I would be more than happy to support. But after this aborted and botched encounter, I can insure you, Groupon will never get another dime of my money, ever again, until they can insure me they will handle all transactions as efficiently and professionally as Amazon or any other online merchant.
I implore you, if you’re about to make a product purchase with Groupon, don’t. Pay a few bucks more to get the same thing elsewhere. Spending a few dollars more to avoid $1,000 in aggravation is a worthwhile investment in your sanity. https://www.facebook.com/Groupon.US"

2015-07-25

"CONSUMERS BE AWARE!!!!!
I have purchased many Groupon voucher before. But unfortunately being a valued customer means nothing to Groupon. I had recently purchased a voucher for a three day getaway to smuggles on the beach in NSW for my parents xmas present. Once my mother had contacted Smuggles to book the dates they told her that it was there block out period and she was unable to book on these dates even though this was not stated on the voucher! Smuggles continued to tell her that the block out dates had been written incorrectly by Groupon and that the matter remained with them. Once I contacted Groupon after it has taken several weeks of back to back emails and phone calls do I get the reply sorry we can not refund your money as you have missed the 7 day refund period but here is the money in Groupon credit!!! Groupon will not take responsibility for there mistake and then after want you to spend your $300+ with them again after you have had such a horrible experience!!! Thanks Groupon for making my parents little christmas present such a terrible experience!! "

2015-07-18

"I ordered an item last week and was told it would ship within 24-48 hours. I didn't even receive a shipment confirmation email until 7/15 (a week later) saying my order "shipped" and it would take 24-48 hours for tracking to be updated. 7/18 still no updates and only a label had been created. Called customer service and was told it hasn't even been shipped out yet and he doesn't know when it will ship. So how do you send an email saying something shipped and it's still sitting in your warehouse? He then told me well this is their policy. So you pay for shipping, get told an item shipped but it's just sitting there and they can ship it whenever they feel like getting around to it? Horrible customer service and horrible policies. "

This review was modified by Cejd05 on July 18 2015 07:15:01 AM

2015-07-09

"overall i have been satisfied with groupon. I have ordered several items. My complaint today is a sterling silver necklace that I ordered. after wearing it a few times, the color changed. I tried cleaning it but it did not help."

This review was modified by adams_stanley on July 09 2015 09:53:12 AM

2015-06-25

"As Advertised I bought a Groupon
Personalised Father's Day Beer Club Gift Subscription With Eight Craft Beers, Book & Card for £7
+ 2.99 PP

I went on line registared the Groupon and paid the PP

What I got told:-

Hi Keith,

I think there's been some confusion over this deal. The deal was for a 1 month gift subscription, we send these out to the recipients to redeem themselves. It's only then we sent the boxes of beer out once they've activated the code on our website. There's nothing more to pay when they do redeem as it's already been paid for.

If this isn't with you by Tuesday please get in touch and we'll send a replacement out.

Best Regards,

Robbie
Customer Service Superstar,

2015-06-18

"Groupon charged me twice on an order. I sent them pdfs of the duplicate charges showing up on my credit card bill. They don't see anything wrong with it. What sort of brain dead, idiotic logic is that? Screw you Groupon. Email customer service is abysmal and replies get handled by different CSRs so they are clueless about the issue. "

2015-06-10

"Stole a ton of my money. This scam of a company sold me several Groupons. The companies that offered these deals then went out of business or refused to honor them. After contacting Groupon they refused to honor the amount paid and only gave me a number to a recorded line about a class action lawsuit. Groupon will steal your money and act like it was your fault. Avoid at all costs!!! This is not a real company it is a front. There is a reason you can no longer call this place. "

This review was modified by MadLady_Groupon on June 10 2015 12:01:51 PM

2015-06-08

"NEVER EVER TRUST GROUPON!!!
Ordered an automatic mahjong table a month ago and according to the listing its says delivery within 7 days. We called once after 9 days and they said the merchant is uncontactable (???) What? And they just throw me the merchant's email and ask me to contact them? 3rd week I called again they said item already with courier, told me to wait another week. Approximately a month later i called n they told me the item still with merchant and something went wrong during processing. Is this cheating? Now they are asking me to wait til the END OF THIS MONTH. Great, 2 months for a $700 product, great Groupon. NEVER buying from them again."

This review was modified by Ferlynn on June 08 2015 02:29:26 AM

2015-06-07

"Groupon has been a great experience for us. Will recommend others to use it to get a great deal!"

This review was modified by sadsadasdsadasdadsdsa111 on June 07 2015 03:41:23 AM

2015-06-06

"My family and I were prepping for a trip to the Dells in Wisconsin. And I looked up tickets for the Army Ducks. At first glance when shopping Groupon I thought, "Wow, what a deal!" Four tickets normally cost $120, but my price was only $75. So I bought them. Later, I clicked on the hyper-link that took me to the vendor that sells these tickets year round for these boat tours, and they were cheaper than Groupon! I was irritated when I saw this. Groupon...not only did they inflate the prices to make the mark down look huge, the final mark down wasn't the best deal after all. I contacted customer service about this, they acknowledged the fact that I was correct, offered a refund. I asked if they could just price match it to make it simple. They said no. Lesson learned, don't be a sucker, it always pays to shop around. "

This review was modified by bethg78 on June 06 2015 11:16:13 AM

2015-05-26

"I ordered am item for mothers day which still has not arrived. I finally received a tracking number with an estimated delivery date of 5-29-15 which is well beyond the 12 days listed in their "fine print" as they put it. I emailed customer support 2 times and received the same canned answer and not an answer to one of my question. I used their online chat customer support and still received a caned answer I had to get tough with the person and call them out as to not reading my question and still received a better yet vague answer about my order. I will never use them again unless I order a gift certificate they can email to me."

This review was modified by nsmjc on May 26 2015 08:02:16 AM

2015-05-12

"some sellers on Groupon are untrustworthy, i order a product a month ago today and i had them emailing me saying it would be here in a week.. i had this email every other week and them saying they did not know where my product even was. I'm rather digusted of this service as this is the second times its happend"

2015-04-29

"Ordered a Campbell white bag on April 4, 2015 and fine print said that most orders will be delivered within 12 business days but received on April 29, 2015 and that they sent wrong color. Return label is provided but refund will take 2-3 weeks
After they receive the item. Ordered the bag to give as a present on May 5, 2015 but everything is messed up."

This review was modified by mbaek81988 on April 29 2015 01:37:43 PM

2015-03-30

"I reserved a hotel room through Groupon. Received an email after 12pm today saying the room was overbooked! I'm supposed to go to this hotel on Wednesday and I have no room! Called 800 number and the rep was not apologetic and I was not compensated for this inconvenience! "Good deals" are not worth bad customer service! Smh"

This review was modified by elbecool on March 30 2015 12:04:20 PM

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!