Stores > Groupon

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.36/10 7.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.23/10 7.23/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.30/10 7.30/10
2017-02-18

If you can't use your groupon, you're out of luck.

"Bought a Groupon then found out that the location taking the Groupon is closed on my day off, so I didn't have time to use it. Moved to another state not long after, and being unable to use the Groupon, gave it to someone to use. Came to find out this person did not use the Groupon. So when I asked if I can either get a refund or have it apply as a credit, the response I had was that it can be used at the same location only. Tried to explain that I already tried to give it away and that I am 2000 miles from that location. Groupon took $99 I cannot even use. "

This review was modified by Dissatisfied0010 on February 18 2017 06:45:01 AM

Exemplary Customer Care

"Needed Groupon Number, in addition to Code, to redeem purchased deal; however, Number had not printed out on voucher and was unable to find it online. Contacted Groupon via Chat and Aravind not only provided Number during Chat, but also emailed PDF file of voucher with both Number and Code. That's truly going above and beyond!"

This review was modified by jmj3122 on February 17 2017 03:45:01 PM

2017-02-17

Worst customer service, broken products

"I've bought several deals on Groupon, mostly local discounts and a few small items and have always been pleased. So I thought I'd try and buy a new 48" TV. The price was good and it showed up in a couple days. Awesome. It worked for a few days and then part of the screen went black. No problem, free returns. HA!. BIG PROBLEMS. First off, you can not get a replacement shipped, you have to buy another one and wait for the refund to come through. Unfortunately that is what I did and the 2nd one arrived already broken. Both are sitting at the Post Office according to the tracking, and I'm out $700 while I wait for them to receive it, up to 3 weeks they say. Then 2 to 3 business days to issue the refund, then up to 10 days to actually get my refund. I've contacted customer support twice, and both time have gotten hodge podge copy/paste replies. Didn't even address my issues.

I also returned another item which took a few days to get back to the return center. 2 weeks to issue a refund on that one.

Don't buy anything you might need to return, it is a huge hassle and they are really just holding your money (borrowing it for free.)

This review was modified by drew.woodley on February 17 2017 02:30:02 PM

BEST EVER COSTUMER SUPPORT

"Zeeshan P. was AMAZING!!!!! From scale 1 to 10 (where 10 is best) he definitely hit 20. He went way above my expectations and what was requested of him. I definitely enjoy GROUPON even more now!!! THANKS AGAIN ZEESHAN P.!!!! "

This review was modified by egawron_pl on February 17 2017 05:00:02 AM

2017-02-16

Not A Real Coupon With Groupon

"I purchased a groupon for an iphone screen repair service, and the place of buisness informed my that the groupon was for a iphone 6 not for my iphone 6s. They would not honor it and told me to request a refund, that i have 7 days from date of purchase. Well groupon would not refund the purchase because they do not give refunds. So moral of the story, Beware Of Groupon's refund policy!

This review was modified by jsherrera66 on February 16 2017 06:15:01 PM

2017-02-14

8.5 hours with customer support the night before Valentine's day, no present to give

"Tried to buy a Wizard escape room Groupon as a gift for a friend. It kept not sending the gift email or generating the voucher... Just gave me a 404 error. Tried 5x over 8.5 hours with multiple customer service agents in India who were not at all helpful or interested in helping me reach the goal of a gift for Valentine's day. I'm worn out and no longer think of Groupon as a way to discover and try out new and fun activities and places to go. If they offer the Costco membership again, I will probably buy that, but other than that I am done. They did at least give me my money back to my card but I had to fight for it."

This review was modified by amandaa on February 14 2017 09:30:01 AM

Thanks Groupon!

"I bought a phone repair Groupon and when I arrived later that day to repair my phone, the technician told me it wasn't broken the screen saver was cracked. He replaced my screen saver and told me to get my money back! Groupon responded to my request within 15 minutes and gave me a full refund! Thanks for being a professional company and using honest venders. (Phone Surgeons) "

This review was modified by dkcolon on February 14 2017 05:15:01 AM

Trips to Dog Beds

"I have been for s couple of years now and have order anything from dog beds to vacations trips- I have NEVER had a bad experience-Easy to use, Great deals and fast delivery. This last time I had mistakenly put in a duplicate order. So I email customer care, they said can take up to 24 hours. Well to my surprise it was less than 8 hours and it was resolved on the spot!!
Thanks Groupon for all your Goods, Great Food and awesome experiences!!!

This review was modified by Emelinawebber1013 on February 14 2017 12:45:02 AM

2017-02-13

Dred returns

"A coworker told me about Groupon about six months ago, and I have become addicted to all the bargains! I've had two small return issues, and Groupon's Customer Service handled them completely within hours and I either had a refund or a credit. They are the best and easiest to work with!"

This review was modified by DredReturns on February 13 2017 09:30:02 PM

2017-02-13

What does "Limit 1 per person" mean to you?

"Does "Limit 1 per person" mean for this voucher offer or for this merchant?

Where on Groupon.com does Groupon mention there is a "Limit 1 per person" for merchant? That is, where does Groupon.com clearly state, once you buy a Groupon voucher from this merchant you may no longer purchase another Groupon voucher from this merchant?

Upon trying to buy Pancoast Pizza Groupon I received web message, "Sorry, purchase not possible. You've already reached the maximum allowed for this deal." Notice the message stated, "maximum allowed for this deal" NOT "maximum allowed for this merchant".

The Fine Print for Pancoast Pizza

Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 per table. Valid for dine-in or carry-out. Not valid for delivery. Not valid on Friday. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

I e-mailed Groupon the following:

Where on the Groupon Pancoast Pizza web page is "the maximum allowed for this deal" mentioned? Hint: No where! Why is "the maximum allowed for this deal" not even mentioned in "The Fine Print"? "The Fine Print" mentions "Limit 1 per person" but how is that to be interpreted to mean "the maximum allowed for this deal" is 1 as a Groupon member? Case in point "The Fine Print" for Peony Garden also mentions "Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 voucher per table." So is "the maximum allowed for this deal" also 1?

Groupon replied:

On the original screen where you made this purchase, http://groupon.com/deals/, we included a Fine Print section on the deal page. This section will always include all conditions of the deal that you should know before making your purchase.

In this case, the restriction in question is:

"Limit 1 per person"

A person can only have a limit of one of this voucher for this merchant once.

Notice Groupon stated "limit of one of this voucher" in their reply statement, "A person can only have a limit of one of this voucher for this merchant once." They did not reply, "A person can only have a limit of one voucher from this merchant."

This review was modified by calgrzzlybear on February 13 2017 11:15:01 AM

Terrible Experience!!!!

"I bought tickets for an event that I did not get to attend and as a result I was out of $131.50... I could not print the tickets off, and customer service was unable to assist. I kept trying to get assistance all the way up to the event. The day of the event they sent me an email explaining they where having issues go to the box office, which I did not get until the next day after the event pasted. I tried to get my money back and they will not give me my money back not even a credit... I cant even get a return email from a supervisor which is what I asked for instead customer service keep sending me an email saying sorry the fine print says no refunds... I have no words because I got ripped off... And no one from customer service could assist me..."

This review was modified by mycsha on February 12 2017 08:00:01 PM

Groupon rules!!

"Outstanding customer service!
- The voucher face value never expires.
- Customer Service reps are quick to respond and are always professional and sympathetic.
- I have always received refunds when I met the criteria. No hassles!
- There are multiple ways to reach Customer Service: Live Chat, email, phone call.

I LOVE the variety of offers and the clarity of the Fine Print. In the five years I've used Groupon, I have only been unpleasantly surprised once.

Whoever writes up the offers has a great sense of humor! It makes the process a lot of fun!

This review was modified by bweinberger on February 12 2017 11:15:01 AM

One satisfied momma

"Groupon has tons of great deals and is on top of of everything. I had an issue where something was purchased but not by me with my account. So I immediately contacted them by chat and my issue was resolved very quickly. The only problem with chat is it's slow and you don't know if the operator is typing or has left. Other than that I would continue to buy from Groupon. "

This review was modified by hayers on February 12 2017 09:30:02 AM

beauty

"I still can't get it to work gonna call flower place

This review was modified by lcampanaro01 on February 12 2017 09:30:02 AM

2017-02-10

Groupon is Awesome

"I have been buying things from Groupon for years. I have had a few times when what I purchased wasn't what I wanted or the business went out of business and when I call or email them I always get complete satisfaction. I recommend Groupon to everyone that I meet and know that my family uses Groupon as well. Keep up the great deals..... "

This review was modified by rorta64 on February 10 2017 08:45:02 AM

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!