Stores > Groupon

Customer service: Rating 0.73/10 0.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10

2016-02-08

A complete sham

"Participated in the Samsung S4 phone deal after reading EVERYTHING they had saying it was fully compatible with AT&T, yet we find out, it's not. Now they're saying it's been more than 14 days and we're on our own. The customer service flatly will not give the phone number or any contact info to anyone in corporate. They tell me "we ARE corporate". Clearly a lie, after a 50 minute wait for a return call too. They won't even tell me who was the vendor was. "We don't know" was another lie. I've emailed them as per their "policy" and still no response. I'm contacting my card company and explaining it was fraud and demand they get my money back. My last purchase with them ......."

This review was modified by bentl111 on February 08 2016 05:43:22 PM

2016-02-08

BEWARE, "taxes & fees" NOT included = Screwed Over

"I attempted to use a "Groupon" at the Canon City, Colorado Jiffy Lube . I used it for a premium synthetic oil change here, and after all of the "taxes & fees" were added on during the conclusion of this purchase, I ended up paying MORE for the purchase, than if I had not used anything. I then contacted Groupon, and was informed that "Groupon does not include taxes & fees." In other words, sellers can (and did) charge ridiculous fees so you end up paying more than the purchase than if you did not use anything. RIPOFF Company if I've ever seen one."

This review was modified by Flutterbypi on February 08 2016 03:46:16 PM

2016-02-04

Customer Service is the absolute wors

"I have had the displeasure of dealing with this incompetent group of people too often. I try and write my questions in the simplest of terms and I consistently get answers that have nothing do to with my question. Phone is no better. They do not even know terms of their own deals. I had had to spend over an hour on the phone talking to 5 different people to get things resolved, starting over each time. Completely unbelievable."

This review was modified by cptelbow on February 05 2016 03:43:39 AM

Limited Customer Service

"My package didn't arrive within 4-7 business days. I contacted Groupon via chat and they did very little other than to wait 48 hours, even though the tracking information did not indicate that they would be here within 48 hours. I just want to know why my package is late and when exactly it will be arriving. "

This review was modified by mcm30 on February 04 2016 02:18:36 PM

2016-02-04

Too bad you can't give 0 stars...

"Bought my first item from them. A SQL class for $19.95. It was a red herring. It didn't exist. After a month of trying to get my money back I gave up trying. And now I can't get their emails to stop pouring in no matter how many times I "unsubscribe". Do yourself a favor. Run as fast as you can from this gyp shop."

2016-01-27

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE

"Groupon has the worst customer service. Different reps handle the same issue and all of them ask the same question trying to resolve the issue, to no avail. The shipping is extremely poor and sometimes no update at all. Their cancellation policy doesn't help much as you are only allowed to cancel within 24 hours. Within the 24 hours you won't even see any update on your item whether they are processed or shipped. I tried to cancel an order once the next day when I didn't see any updates whether it was processed or ready for shipment but they refused because it was beyond 24 hours. They want your money and they don't care whether you are satisfied or not.

I have been a good customer never complained about the slow shipment except one-time when my order was lost. It took a lot of convincing before customer service decided to refund. I never had a problem with lost shipment before yet they are not willing to give a refund when problem arise. One time I had ordered a purse which was on promotion and I received an email confirmation for the purchase yet when I tried to check on the status of the shipment, it's as if I didn't place an order. I called customer service to inquire what happened and I was told that it was too late when I placed my order as the promotion already ended. Why then I received a confirmation email? I did not make a big fuzz as I wasn't deducted any money for the item.

After repeated dissatisfaction with how Customer service handle different issues, I will NOT buy from them again. Their items don't always look the same as they advertised. I've only purchased a few where I was truly satisfied. The rest look like counterfeit.

This review was modified by Phoenix_123 on January 27 2016 07:31:52 PM

2016-01-20

SERIOUSLY?!----- SPOKE WITH SUPERVISOR WENT OVER AND BEYOND TO CORRECT

"Groupon is offering a promotional 10% discount for their "Getaway" travel option I was unsure how to add the discount to the cart, I called customer service who assured I could alter the reservation after submission. Obviously that was a lie, they informed me the coupon would not work for a hotel (insert sarcastic emoji here). I was also told (not to mention clearly dictated on all groupon literature) that Groupon bucks would be applied automatically in the cart. Obviously that did not work so now I have to dispute the charge with my bank because groupon will not refund me, and i am stuck with 100.00 groupon cash that i NEVER EVER want to use.
I spoke with a supervisor who fixed the entire issue.

This review was modified by mARCELLA123456 on January 20 2016 10:56:38 AM

2015-12-29

"Purchased "$18 for 90 min Diamond Peel Skin Renewal Treatment for Back / Arms / Legs at Our Solution in Clementi (Worth $150)"

Booked my appointment with Our Solution and was asked to try out their signature treatment which was at additional cost. I urge you not to purchased any beauty treatments under Groupon.

My voucher has been scanned by one of the staff from Our Solution when I did not used it on my visit and I was not aware about it. After my treatment, my skin has rashes and the reddness took 5 days to subside and I am very disappointment with them. Thus, I email Groupon for a refund and they said the voucher has been redeemed even though I have a receipt for proof. The issue has been dragging for weeks and these inconveniences caused has utterly shattered my trust in the vendor and also to Groupon without any closure.

The first email replied by Groupon was to request me to provide a doctor certification on the redness and soreness caused by the vendor is both hilarious and ridiculous when the treatment has took place weeks ago. How was it possible to produce as such?

Secondly, after all that has happened – both physically and mentally – is there no other ways to resolve this? Is Groupon trying to tell me that their customers will not get any grievances seeked after they have encountered bad/poor services from their business vendor and thus in turn lose trust in Groupon?

The customer service was terrible and same goes to the business vendor(Our Solution at Clementi) for the dishonest act.

2015-12-26

"I ordered something on Dec 8, 2015, emailed customers service several times and they kept replying asking for different things to be provided, I kept answering all their questions and sending the requested info, just to turn around and have them ask me for the same info again!! There are too many customer service reps with their hand in the pot and nothing getting resolved. I ended up calling in which I hate doing because I can't understand half of them. To make a long story short the convo was a nightmare the rep couldn't comprehend what was being said I has to explain over and over and spell things literally. Spent 45 min on the phone jus t for the phone call to get dropped while I was on hold HOW CONVENIENT!!! Of course they had asked me for my phone number and email address, but do you think anyone got back to me?? I waited a day to monitor my account and see if anything has been done they had put on a $10 groupon credit which is the discount off I originally was supposed to have on Dec 8, 2015 BUT I STILL wasn't able to make my purchase. I has 4 credit cards on file and each time I tried to purchase same thing and error occurred and could not process order. I ended up calling back in and speaking with someone who couldn't understand English or even comprehend me spelling things for him. SO F****ING annoying!!! Anyway he could not figure out why things weren't working and says he tried on his end as well and it must have been my card and I said there is no way in hell 4 cards aren't working and told him I'm not getting a message that says it was declined I'm getting an error message which means it's something on their end and he said he had to send me to the retention dept and that someone would get back to me within 72 hours. I told everyone this was a xmas gift and needed to be resolved before xmas. Well guess what it is now the day after Xmas and I have not heard from them other than 2 separate emails asking me to review my experience with their customer service. ARE THEY SERIOUS??!!! I'm so F****ING PISSED!!! They need to either retrain their customer service reps on how to actually handle a problem or give the jobs to actual US CITIZENS!! At least US CITIZEN can understand you, your problem and will help or get the help needed to resolve the issue!! I'm literally disgusted with Groupon and their effortless attempts at resolving what should have been a simple task."

2015-12-24

"I ordered a couple of times and they messed up both times. I emailed lots of timestheir only a few times emailed me back said they apologize for inconvenience. they did not even try to fix the problem and just keep apologizing. I ordered the item Nov. 10th and it is Dec. 24th haven't got it yet. I finally talked to the customer service and explained. She didn't care just said " you will get your credit back to your credit card in 10 business days mam." it is ridiculous how rude they are and their customer service is sucks. I've had enough with GROUPON. I already delete their APP."

This review was modified by killian1 on December 24 2015 10:08:23 AM

2015-12-22

"Horrible experience! Stay away from Groupon getaways. Advertised prices have many ad-ons. At the end it’s more expensive then to make a booking online. Horrible cancelation and change policy. Prices in US dollars for all US destinations, which btw you should know (according to the lady from Groupon) since its a US based company. State Taxes and Groupon fee about 20% on top, also resort fee is added at check in. Very-very-very frustrated! From the advertised price of 113$-became 190$.I had made the booking for my son and didn't pay attention to the "fine print" that names have to be the same. Later on tried to cancel my order because of that only to realize that the booking I made today was supposed to be cancelled yesterday(4 days before checking in) The account wouldn’t let me in to make any changes and cancelation was out of question. Just in case had made a copy of my passport and gave it to my son so they can see that the booking is legit. Wasn’t good enough; wanted to talk to the reception lady and identify myself ,she would not even talk to me. Front desk people at the hotel obviously hate dealing with the Groupon customers. Called Groupon 3 times till they changed the name on it. My son wasted almost 3 hours at the reception till it was settled. My day was completely ruined because of it. At the end its more costly then book online. The fine print on Groupon is very confusing. Would really not recommend this site, unless you want some "excitement" in your life."

This review was modified by star0 on December 22 2015 04:41:09 PM

2015-12-21

"They scammed me. Bought an item and sent me a different (useless) item and would not remedy the situation. BEWARE!"

2015-12-19

"GROUPON SUPPORT SCUM-BAGS, BE CAREFUL don't buy from any merchant from GROUPON, I got two ORBO tablets, the way they pack it NO WAY CAN BE BROKEN, so they pack broken tablets and deliver to me..... 14 days return guaranty went bye before I give it to my grandsons birthday..... Boys devastated me embarrassed and frustrated, the two tablets came broken.... THIEVES - SHAME - not worth. "

This review was modified by knwlknd on December 19 2015 08:27:54 AM

2015-12-13

"Ordered two Samsung Galaxy s4 phones. They never shipped out. After three weeks and four times contacting customer support about the non-shipment, being lied to about the shipment, being constantly blown off and told to just wait longer, they finally shipped me ONE phone. Not TWO phones like I ordered, just the one. Then to top it off, they send me the wrong phone. I ordered two GSM Unlocked phones, they sent me a Verizon LOCKED phone. This phone is valued $50 less than what I paid for, and is completely useless to me as I don't use Verizon. I've contacted their CS since then and am still just getting blown off and jerked around. Having to do a credit card chargeback now, UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Don't ever use Groupon for anything more than a coupon."

2015-11-30

"Through Groupon, we purchased a package of two nights at the Adams Mark Hotel in Kansas City, MO that included 4 passes to their attached water park and $25 arcade credit each day. When we arrived, the hotel told us that Groupon only authorized our 2 night stay and did not authorize the 4 daily water park passes and $25 daily arcade play. We arrived on Thanksgiving night during an ice storm and the hotel did not have a supervisor to talk to, but they said 3 other families had checked in with the same problem, so we figured we would check it out in the morning. I immediately contacted Groupon. They were initially nice, but said we did not purchase the correct package. I then provided them proof from their own website that showed Groupon's claims were incorrect. After this, they refused to respond to us any longer. Our first room at the Adams Mark Hotel had numerous problems. The shower/tub in the bathroom looked like a bigfoot had vomited in it. We also found hair ties on the counters with others hair in them. We were given another room, but it lacked some furniture and wall art. Although it was a "non-smoking" room, it smelled like a cigar bar when we turned on the heat. The TV lacked many advertised channels. Others had such poor reception that they were not worth watching. On our second day, the hotel was without any electricity or heat for at least 4 hours. It was an awful experience over the Thanksgiving holiday. Groupon does not care and does not deliver on even the most basic level."

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!