Groupon Reviews - groupon.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 2.17/10 102 reviews

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I bought "$11.99 for an Oral-B 12-Pack of Replacement Toothbrush Heads ($60 List Price)" from Groupon. The product is low-quality junk. It is not Oral-B, but some "compatible" variety. It breaks after 3 uses instead of holding up for 3 months as Oral-B would. Groupon misleads customers with false advertisement and sells inferior knock-offs. Shipping is super slow and return policy is practically non-existent. I highly do NOT recommend buying anything from them."

modified review This review was modified by rvdbos on August 05 2013 10:53:48 AM

"I would caution anyone from ever purchasing anything from Groupon goods. I have purchased the local coupon type deals in the past with no problem. This time however, I decided to purchase two laptops from Groupon goods. Upon ordering, I read that it may take up to two and a half weeks. Okay, not the fastest shipping but tolerable. Over three weeks later (Mon.) I received one laptop. I called customer service and was told that it was a problem with the manufacturer blah, blah, blah. She was completely apathetic and did not seem the least concerned with my issue. I got the "Yes, dear" of the customer service reps it seems. The customer service rep, Corey (female), assured me that the second laptop was en route and I should receive it Wed. (today) at the latest. Guess what? No laptop. I won't even go into the email correspondence with their company because it's as much of a joke as the conversation with the customer service via phone. Now I am out the money, the laptop, and time. The laptop has to be signed for and can't sit outside my residence. So, I have to be sure someone is at home to sign for the package if it were to ever arrive. Something tells me it's going to be a long wait. "

modified review This review was modified by StormyConsumer on July 31 2013 05:19:42 PM

"Do not buy anything from groupon goods! I have had very bad experiences with this website - the first one was when I ordered a pair of eyeglass frames. They had several models available and I picked one that I liked. The order went through and 2 weeks later, I get a shipment notification. Upon arrival one week later, I noticed that they were not the frames I ordered - so I printed out the return label and shipped it back. The second time I ordered a fan from this site. Two weeks later, I checked "My groupons" and found that the order was not even listed there. I called their customer service and they informed me that my order has been cancelled because the fan went out of stock! I didn't even receive any email informing me that it was cancelled. So, in conclusion, do not order from groupon goods - at least you can be sure you will get what you need elsewhere! "

modified review This review was modified by Asrik on July 11 2013 09:40:36 AM

"Here is my public service beware for the day. DO NOT PURCHASE GROUPONS. If you are someone that would want Groupon to honor their return policies because the company providing the service was not honoring the groupon offer, you don't want to buy a groupon. Groupon has lost 75% of its value since it went public in 2011. They just suffered another 25% decrease in value in February and apparently they plan on getting the money back by offering "groupon bucks" instead of refunds when merchants don't honor their groupons thereby rendering them useless or if you request a refund within 7 days of purchase of the groupon. There is no mention of groupon bucks instead of actual refunds on their return policy... this is something you find out the hard way. Then you have to take it to the credit card company and fight that way. I promised Groupon I would let all my friends know about their new policy, so they would be prepared. Because when I state I will do something, I really do it. Unlike Groupon."

modified review This review was modified by Haleonearth on July 05 2013 08:10:56 AM

"STAY AWAY FROM GROUPON GOODS!

I bought an Akribos watch from Groupon for $55 that Groupon claimed was a $445 watch. When it arrived, it had a big red X on the back. I contacted Groupon to ask if this meant it was a reject, and they basically stonewalled me.

Now, approx 7 weeks post-purchase, the finish has worn off the inside of the watch. One MIGHT expect that on a $55 watch, but on a "$445 watch"? Not so much. When I contacted Groupon, they offered me a refund, but refused to even acknowledge that their supplier (and Groupon) sold a piece of junk to me, saying rather that they "We stand by all of the businesses we feature and the deals we offer"

Rating 8/104/5

"The quality of material products is poor , but their deals on wellness , restaurants and other stuff are quite good.Reasonable, budgeted and satisfactory .
Their after sales and customer services are great .

modified review This review was modified by Knowitwell on June 03 2013 03:20:05 AM

"Ordered a queen sized bedding set (comforter, pillow shams, bed skirt) from Groupon and paid $70. They sent a completely mismatched set with a king skirt, double-bed shams, & queen comforter. When I asked that they send a correctly sized skirt, they refused and offered me $12 if I would just keep the mismatched set! Clearly their vender just threw together some leftover items in the hope some sucker would keep them. Shame on Groupon! I'll never use them again."

modified review This review was modified by reviews-com on June 01 2013 12:00:15 PM

"I bought the Oral B replacement toothbrushes from Groupon. I received the product but I was very disappointed to the product. it was totally a garbage."

modified review This review was modified by SFEastBay on May 30 2013 02:15:51 PM

"I have been a Groupon shopper on a number of occasions. They have always been helpful when I ran into problems. If they weren't able to give me a refund, I received a credit, which is much better than other group shopping sites I've dealt with. I don't hesitate to purchase from Groupon, which is something I can't say about such sites as Living Social. I've had two experiences of being totally refunded where the merchant couldn't book me - the first being a photographer in Vancouver; the second was a housecleaning service in GTA. I've had four experiences where the coupons expired, but I was able to apply the coupon amount to the purchase of services (I have never purchased goods) from the merchant. I was satisfied on all occasions."

modified review This review was modified by Cambre on May 28 2013 09:30:25 PM

"This company is totally scam!
It list the goods as brand new.
But actually it is used. Many dirty on it. It really makes me feel sick! And totally waste my time!
Be careful!!

modified review This review was modified by maizegirl on May 25 2013 05:34:03 PM

"Where do I begin? I am currently on A "groupon" vacation in Belize. This vacation deal was so completely dishonest and misrepresented I will never
a. Come back to Belize ever
B. use groupon again.
4 of us came. We spent over $800 per couple on this fiasco. The outfit KAMA ULTRA LOUNGE portrayed itself as a resort with one bedroom condos on their premises. Kama is nothing but a piece of property fenced in bamboo with tables, chairs, plywood painted sofas. They have a small building that I guess holds a kitchen. Everything els is brokered. The condos (brokered) were overbooked so we got to spend our first night in a tired old tacky condo. No unpacking or relaxing for another 24 hrs. When we finally moved across to the "oceanview" condos the coupes with us had non function a/c. They happened to be my aging parents. They came here to potentially purchase a home here. They will never comeback either. There is no way to express the level of disappointment from this fraudulently sold "vacation package". I am certain there is no quality control at groupon and these "merchants " are nothing but thieves. 20% service fee? For what? 3 days of not being able to enjoy anything? $25 for daily Maid service?? Really.?? Never take the GROUPON package folks and do not go to KAMA lounge. It sucks!! What a wasted vacation.

modified review This review was modified by AngieN on May 20 2013 02:37:07 PM

"I bought one groupon deal that was for a kevyn aucoinne eyelash curler and a kevyn aucoinne volume mascara. I didn't mind necessarily how long it takes them to ship orders... I have always loved groupon and they've always done me right. Except today. I received my package in the mail today. The eyelash curler was in the package but the mascara was not. I paid for BOTH ITEMS and I want nothing more or less than the items I purchased in the deal groupon advertised they had in stock. I emailed them and told them, I even took a picture of the packaging and item that was there. The reply email was I could send the curler back and get a refund or I could take a ten dollar credit. Seriously? Kevyn aucoinne mascara is expensive alone, not including the eyelash curler! Plus I want the curler! I just want groupon to fill and ship the full order that they offered and that I've already purchased! Ten dollars wouldn't buy a tube of kevyn's mascara! I've never had any problems with groupon but I do now! They screwed up by advertising a deal that they never had in stock to begin with. They are the one that shipped my order half filled without even letting me know which is only common courtesy! And they are the ones that want to screw me again by offering me ten friggin bucks credit! Really? The deal I purchased was closer to$40 . And why is it so hard to pull their big girl panties up and mail me the rest of my order? They don't have it in stock? Well that's false advertisement and they better find me some damn kevyn aucoinne mascara from somewhere and ship it to me BC that's the only way im going to be happy! "

modified review This review was modified by Jennifer1223 on May 08 2013 05:32:46 PM
Rating 6/103/5

"I like the website and the general idea behind it, but just like others here reported its quite hard to get decent dates when you buy a hotel or spa deal or whatever. I am a full time employee and I’m sorry but I cant do other dates than holidays or weekends and its almost impossible to book an offer and get an appointment on the weekend. For me thats shitty because they don’t tell you that you cant book weekends and you never know the free dates beforehand. Really frustrating!! In case I don’t find like an amazingly good offer, I will probably be not too tempted to use it anymore."

"Horrible customer service!! The groupon misrepresented the actual deal. It was for "a dental checkup with exam, x-rays, cleaning, and fluoride treatment" at Ocoee Dental Care P.A. The company was just horrible. They refused to give me a cleaning or exam unless I paid them another 30 dollars even though the groupon said that these services were included. They told me they would brush my teeth for me after taking the X-rays without using any dental equipment. If I wanted them to use dentist equipment I needed to pay them the 30 dollars in addition to the groupon. They claimed that in the small print it is written that an "extra $30 fee may apply for a more complete exam depending on patients condition." However I had no condition that required anything other than what the groupon stated. When I called groupon they told me there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for 20 minutes. When I finally reached someone they told me that there was nothing they could do because of the small print, even though I explained the situation and told them that I did not want a more complete exam- I only wanted what was advertised on the groupon. They told me they would look into it and get back to me. I never heard anything from them. Groupon does not advocate for consumers in any way. Buy a groupon at your own risk. I paid $39 and did not recieve the service stated."

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"Groupon Goods Review:

I purchased two peacoats and the items shipped ONE MONTH to ship. That is pretty bad. I contacted them about the status of the order like 3 weeks in and they replied to me apologetically and gave me $5 credit for the issue. Then on the day the items shipped from the warehouse, I received an official email from them that, probably was sent to everybody who purchased the item and had to wait, and received $25 Groupon credit. After this I wasn't that mad at the delay anymore.

At the end, after trying them on and realizing that they messed up a color from the peacoats I decided to return them. Giving them a phone call is quick, you don't need to wait even 5 minutes for somebody on the other end to pick up. The person on the other end said he would issue me the return and shipping labels by email.

I waited a couple of days for the email but never received them, so I had to make a second call soon since the return window was closing. The representative I spoke with sent them to me instantly. I shipped the items free and later on got refunded for only one of them. I checked both tracking numbers and found out that one of them couldn't show in the map. I called customer service and told them that I sent both of them and only got one refunded, and I had the shipment receipt to prove that I shipped it. No needing to send her the shipment receipt, she issued me a refund promptly.

Lastly, the first representative that I talked to sent me the shipping labels that I had asked for and apologized for the delay to send them and that he only worked on specific days of the week, therefore he sent the email four days after the call.

I can't say that I had a bad experience, but I like the easy phone calls, the free returns, and the groupon credit for acknowledging their mistakes.