• Groupon

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.77/10 0.77/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.30/10 1.30/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.77/10 0.77/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.81/10 0.81/10

"Ordered a Campbell white bag on April 4, 2015 and fine print said that most orders will be delivered within 12 business days but received on April 29, 2015 and that they sent wrong color. Return label is provided but refund will take 2-3 weeks
After they receive the item. Ordered the bag to give as a present on May 5, 2015 but everything is messed up.

modified review This review was modified by mbaek81988 on April 29 2015 01:37:43 PM

"I reserved a hotel room through Groupon. Received an email after 12pm today saying the room was overbooked! I'm supposed to go to this hotel on Wednesday and I have no room! Called 800 number and the rep was not apologetic and I was not compensated for this inconvenience! "Good deals" are not worth bad customer service! Smh"

modified review This review was modified by elbecool on March 30 2015 12:04:20 PM

"Do not purchase undergarments from Groupon. First off, it took exactly 11 days to receive my delivery from the state that's right next door to my home state. Then, after receiving the package I noticed all of the garments were different sizes. I called to exchanged and was told no..therefore I'm stuck with six undergarments all different sizes."

"Please dont purchase anything from dis shopping web site ..... my order was 2 time cancelled n now 3rd time its uncertain to get...."

"I ordered a tank top which did not arrive. I also ordered an iphone and still did not arrive. My sister-in-law received and returned the next day the iphone she purchased thru Groupon, and it looked like it was bought from a swap meat. First time buying from Groupon and never again!!!!
They cannot even track the packages. Even they are clueless of the whereabouts of the products they're selling.
Purchasing from Groupon is gazillion times worst than
purchasing stuff from Craigslist.
Will definitely share this to all my relatives and friends. Make sure to never purchase anything from Groupon.

modified review This review was modified by fmgrejdus on March 22 2015 03:46:13 PM

"First time ordering something from Groupon......NEVER will I do it again! I checked the pricing for a wireless camera and it was about the same as Amazon. I ordered the camera on 2/11 through Groupon. It took till 2/27 before I got a tracking number and the item still won't be delivered until 3/4/15. Amazon said they would have it delivered by 2/13! Do yourself a favor, check to see if the same item in on Amazon, if it is, buy from them!"

"Lost too much money with them. Groupon does not allow refunds on vouchers to places you decide you hate afterall or cannot visit. "

modified review This review was modified by olechka111 on February 27 2015 06:19:12 AM

"Groupon has gone downhill over the years it has been in business. Had a problem with their website displaying the incorrect expiration date so my offer expired. They offered me a credit for their mistake. I thought cool, I'll use it for something.

Fast forward to now. Finally found something worth buying. Went to checkout and found they created a new loophole for minimizing discounts. Break the purchase into multiple vouchers and only give the discount on one of them. Some will not notice the difference, but I did.

So check carefully if attempting to buy anything from them. They have had issues with website errors, calculating discounts, and minimal customer service.

"I am so done with this terrible business. I hope you get what's coming to you just like Dealfind.
1 item I ordered came and was not AT ALL what it had been advertised as in colour - false advertising at it's finest.
2nd item I ordered - I just went to go check where it was via the tracking only to get a message that my order has been cancelled. How long has it been cancelled? The message says I will receive an e-mail shortly with details and a refund. Well I ordered this item a week ago - contacted customer service letting them know I expect my money back immediately - and nothing!!!! No one has contacted me - no e-mail WHAT A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groupon at this day and age customer service is everything and you are certainly not providing it. I expect my money back and customer service to contact me immediately before I contact the credit card company directly for a refund and let them know about your "business practices".

modified review This review was modified by erob393 on February 24 2015 07:11:15 AM

"I have had four terrible experiences with Groupon and after repeat letdowns, I am finally taking the obvious hint and am going to stop purchasing anything through them. My first purchase of a massage didn't even happen because the woman who owned the business was terrible about getting back to people and preferred to communicate through text, which believe it or not, everyone doesn't pay for and everyone doesn't have it as part of their phone plan. They refused to give me a refund, so I received store credit and used it on a pair of pearl earrings which broke in a couple of weeks, as well as a Bra Washer which barely opens, even has a typo on the box from whatever shady company in China created it, and doesn't allow my bras to get clean when washing. A few years later I resumed purchasing things and bought a Target giftcard which took about three weeks to come, and most recently I purchased a deal for a custom canvas photo gallery. The website that you to build the collage is not user-friendly and the quality of my pictures was greatly diminished. Why would Groupon even sponsor such a deal? In my many purchasing experiences with Groupon, only when I buy a mainstream product (e.g., Lancôme perfume, or anything else you can actually find in a store), these other services, programs, and products from third parties seem to originate from low-quality businesses and Groupon doesn't do a lot to make you whole if you aren't happy. "

modified review This review was modified by Sfull31 on February 21 2015 01:10:56 PM

"Groupon's Customer Service was extremely terrible. I placed an order in December 2014, and the parcel did not arrive within expected dates. Contacted them through e-mail and online chat, all I was told was to WAIT. This dragged on until I rang them 3 weeks later when I was told that the parcel tracking was broken and asked me to WAIT another 7-10 days for them to contact me with resolutions.

I took advice from Citizens Advice and posted them recorded letters to inform their breach of contract and asked for a refund. Meanwhile, I contacted my bank to ask for a chargeback. Groupon Customer Service, then, continuously ignored my request for a refund and kept telling me that they will arrange the parcel to be delivered – and they asked me to wait another 7-10 days. In February, I finally received a chargeback so I informed Groupon voluntarily and considered this matter resolved. Contrary to their formerly passive attitude, they started bombard me with e-mails every 3 or 4 days to ASK ME about my order and I have told them many times that this matter should have been resolved.

A few days ago, I received an unexpected parcel from Groupon – it was almost one and a half months after my order. In short, I contacted Groupon on the day and their Customer Service representative told me that it was THEIR MISTAKE and I could decide what to do with the parcel. I, again, thought the matter should be resolved until I just got another e-mail from them informing me that I should have no problems with my parcel and to track my delivery with the carrier services.

These miscommunication from Groupon's part has been very disruptive and caused me extreme inconvenience. I do not wish to blame the individuals who I have contacted regarding this issue, but it seems to me that this company has failed to keep a coherent record or take the responsibility to make sure things are done in an appropriate manner.

modified review This review was modified by kwt-150221 on February 21 2015 03:53:56 AM

"Worst customer resolution policies. First they did not deliver it on time, second they did not notify that there was a problem with the shipment/ undeliverable, third the customer service was unable to provide any resolution to the issue. Over it, I need to check if it is shipped, if shipped it is on its way, if not I contact the shipping company to keep check on delivery and I need to contact Groupon in case there is a problem with shipping. Essentially I need to overlook everything, then why use Groupon, might as well go to a store and buy it.
They say take refunds and go somewhere else (company policies). Neither the customer service representative nor the supervisor is willing to take initiative to make customer happy, or planning to resolve it. Read our fine prints is their response.
Buy services where they issue you coupons, but don't ever ever buy anything from them since they do not take ownership for anything.
I am never returning back to Groupon ever again to get anything ship from them at the very least.
If anyone concerned from Groupon is reading, refund is not a resolution all the time. Happy customer is a best source of marketing not a "FULL REFUND"
I am not referring them to anyone nor am I returning back to Groupon for anything. Simply waste of weeks and money.

modified review This review was modified by cmp6158 on February 20 2015 10:24:37 AM

"I have been a customer of Groupon for years and this is the first bad experience--but it wasn't on their part. I bought the deal for ClickInks and they misrepresented themselves to Groupon. When I got my voucher and clicked through the appropriate links on the company's website, I chose the inks I needed. NOWHERE did it say it wasn't the deal that was discounted. They have charged my card for the full amount instead of the discounted amount, and between Groupon and I, we still haven't been able to get them to return my money! Groupon was right on the ball in helping me from their end, gave me my refund for the deal right away, and have tried contacting the company for me. We've purchased a couple little things that we didn't like or didn't work, and after returning them to Groupon, have received our refund in a timely manner. For the most part, we've enjoyed their services and find no or very little fault with them."

modified review This review was modified by tootsiepopclown on February 16 2015 08:00:10 AM

"Used Groupon three times and had three BAD experiences. Two were gifts, so don't blame me for repeat stupidity.
First: Groupon gift for our anniversary from our daughter. A decent restaruant. Three course meal. Great! Cost was $50 for a $100 value, so stated. Well, we get there, and the Groupon says ID yourself as Groupon holder. When you do, they give you their "Groupon menu" And instead of a full bread basket, (Italian) like other customers, you get a basket with three small pieces of bread. There are only four appetizers and four entrees listed. All very basic. And then the servings are small. I'd say the value of the meal was $50. Of course the waiter reminds you that you should tip as if it were a $100 meal. Yeah...no.
2. Wife bought Beats headphones for Christmas. Purchased in November. I was a good boy and waited to open until Christmas. When I used them the first time, I found out no sound out of one side. Broken. Contact them and they said....yeah....no. We have 14 day return policy.
3. this one I brought on myself. I bought a groupon to have my car detailed by mobile detailing. I was going to sell it so thought, great, I'll get this thing all shined up. No french fries under the seats. Premium detailing. "value" they said was $200. I bought for $100. Called to arrange, and told the dude....I've got several people in my office that may want their cars detailed. can you tell me how much you'd charge for extra cars? He says......$80.
Never ever ever use Groupon. You are basically paying full price for anything you get, and they will not take returns. They suck big time.

modified review This review was modified by Rharris78 on February 15 2015 04:01:10 PM

"I will never buy from them again. I bought two cell phones for Christmas presents for my grandkids, and here it is 6 weeks later, one phone won't work at all, and the other has too much static. I bought the phones thinking I could use with my tmobile account. After I got the phones, I found out I had to get phone service through freedompops. I called freddompop to set up the phone service, and I should have known then to cancel, after holding for 45 minutes. I am done with Groupon. I will not ever buy from them again. "

modified review This review was modified by LINDABUOY on February 15 2015 03:54:04 PM

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!