Stores > Groupon

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.37/10 5.37/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.02/10 6.02/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.05/10 5.05/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.16/10 5.16/10
Voice your opinion! Review Groupon by clicking a star below.
2017-10-18

ABYSMAL non-existent SERVICE

"Customer service is useless. Been trying to resolve for 5 days and they keep telling me same thing which I keep informing them does not work. I do not believe they even read my replies to them. Not using them again"

2017-10-18

Unable to send Groupon gift to recipient or print voucher

"I had a problem with one of my purchases and contacted Groupon. They were very prompt in addressing and resolving my issues. Very pleased with Groupon support!"

2017-10-16

great website offering lots of good stuff

"I always go to Groupon to get a great deal, whether it's a beauty category, product merchandise, massages, etc. And, if on the off chance, things don't work out as expected, contacting Groupon is easy and customer service is there to work on your issue. Just a fabulous website..."

2017-10-16

Customer service, or lack thereof

"I purchased a Groupon for Rockin' Raceway in Pigeon Forge. When we went to use it, the go-cart rides were not operational, and we were told that it would be "several weeks" before they would be running again. We live 4 hours away from there, so I don't think we can justify driving the distance, just to use that groupon. My issue is that the groupons should not have been sold, for a product/service that you could not use. I have tried on 3 occasions to get this resolved (including immediately after finding out at the business) and am being told that it is non-refundable. Please tell me how purchasing something under false pretenses is my fault???"

2017-10-14

horrible customer service; worst experience

"I ordered a voucher and received email confirmation of my purchase. The next day when I tried to print the voucher so I could take my family on the trip we had planned, my account showed I had no voucher. It said my voucher had been refunded with no explanation. I tried contacting customer service via the "live chat" option on the website and after explaining my problem, was told I need to call during business hours. I called as soon as they opened and was told that the wait time was 10 minutes. After holding for 30 minutes a rep finally came on and told me that since a relative of mine had used the same computer to purchase a voucher for something totally unrelated a day before I logged in, the system thought I was the same person using two accounts and automatically cancelled my purchase.
I was disgusted by this because firstly, it is ridiculous that two totally different people cannot purchase two totally unrelated vouchers using the same device. Secondly, if my purchase was cancelled why did I receive no error message when I bought the voucher? Why did I receive no notification at all from Living Social that my voucher was being refunded? In addition what is the purpose of a 24 hour live chat if the rep on the other end can do absolutely nothing but tell me to call the next day. Plus a 30 minute hold time is totally unreasonable, especially when I was told it would be ten minutes. So, in summary, I wasted my time ordering the voucher, wasted more time chatting with a useless rep, and then wasted about 40 minutes the next day learning why my voucher was cancelled and at the last minute had to cancel my outing because I had no voucher.

2017-10-14

All it takes is an email and the problem is solved.

"One went out of business and one refused to accept by mentioning that the deal was made by previous owner.
The previous one was credited to my Credit Card and the later was credited to my account to use it within 180 days.
It is simple to buy deals and prompt to resolve the issues.
I have interacted with them on the phone as well and they were very courteous. Very professional staff.

2017-10-13

Excellent Customer Service by Groupon Representative

"Purchased two Groupon Vouchers that I was unable to use as restaurant went out of business. Was promptly issued a credit to my Groupon Account by Customer Service. I have been purchasing Groupon Vouchers for years and have never had an issue.
I recommend to all. Thanks for all the years of good service and discounts. Kathie

2017-10-13

Renew by Jill -Credit

"Purchased facial, Groupon dates available were too few to get an appointment (unless went in early am or before 3pm) or wait till Jan. 2018. I gave a 4 star rating because I did get a credit, thought they did try and say I had to use it within 24 hours, then could cancel re-credit it for another 24 hours, something.... and keep doing that till I actually used the credit. It was way to confusing and too much trouble. I've notice some complaints directed to Groupon should actually be made to the provider, not Groupon, they aren't Amazon or Ebay and even then you don't always get a refund or satisfaction, this I know for a fact. "

2017-10-12

Fast and easy resolution

"I requested a refund or credit for an old, expired Groupon for a restaurant that had closed. I followed the links on their website, submitted an email, and was notified of my credit within a few hours. Easy, peasy! "

2017-10-12

No customer service orientation

"I bought a groupon to try a local restaurant. I called before I went and got their voicemail stating their hours. When I arrived they were out of business. I asked Groupon for a refund but they offered be instead a credit on my account which I had to use within 24 hours. The policies of groupon are not customer centric."

Poor customer service

"They can't resolve issues. And wouldn't give me a refund for an Un usable local voucher. Instead I have to trade it in and buy something random for the $65 I paid. Not happy. But they email me they were glad we could resolve my issue. Shaking my head"

Did what I asked

"Had an issue with the purchase of an item. Contacted through their chat-bot, got it figured out in less than 3 days. Easy and painless."

2017-10-11

Terrible service and response.

"I have had nothing but trouble trying to get a refund for a service no longer available. I received a call back but the agent disconnected when I answered but he did leave a message saying they assumed since I didn't answer my phone my problem was resolved but if I needed further assistance I could start over. I finally got an email from someone saying they were pleased that the agent I never had any contact with had resolved my problem. This was not the agent that left a message either. I will never purchase from Groupon again. They have so little faith in their product that they will not speak to you. Their Customer support line says to contact them by email so they can avoid dealing with customers. I have documented all my attempts to turn over to the states attorney's office."

2017-10-10

Amazing

"Nur just understood the problem n gave me a fair solution. "

2017-10-10

Missing items

"I received my order but actually opened it up for use 8 days later. I was missing several items listed in the advertisement. I had a lot of trouble trying to contact Groupon. They have no working number. I finally was able to chat online with something. They said there was nothing they could do. So beware of ordering anything from Groupon. It take a very long to receive your item and you have a short complaint/ resolution issue.
I won't use this service again. I just do Amazon as usual.

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!