Great Brands Shopping Reviews - gbshopping.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.50/10 17 reviews

Great Brands Shopping is not a merchant member
Great Brands Shopping does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Excellent Prices on top of the line Media Equipment. My order arrived quickly and without error."

"Never order from this merchant. Original order item replaced with high price items even after a couple of confirmation calls and e-mails. The order items never delivered due to monetary issue with trucking company. After three weeks of patient waiting period, the order had to be cancelled and dispute in-process. Terrible experience with this merchant by wasting time and energy. Never recommend this store!!"

"BEWARE...this company is the epitomy of BAD BUSINESS! THEY ARE HUGE SCAM ARTISTS WITH MANY DIFFERENT NAMES! I wanted to purchase a washer/dryer. I found the best price online at GBS for the washer; however, I found the dryer less with another company. I contacted GBS to see if they would match the price of the dryer so that I could combine both into one easy order. I spoke with a rep named Justin. He said he could do it but he would have to manually alter things in the computer & place the order over the phone. We agreed upon $1819 for both shipped. He was super nice but was having problems working out the numbers correctly & kept me on the phone about 20 minutes. He ended the call saying he had also thrown in a free extended warranty. He emailed a confirmation for shipping but there was nothing about price. The washer/dryer arrived fine but when I looked at the invoice it was $50 too high. I called Justin. He said the shipping dept made an error & he would correct it. My statement arrived w/o the credit so I called again. I was told Justin was unavailable. The rep said they were waiting for the shipping company to fix the problem. Another month but still no credit. I called to speak with a manager & was connected to Danny who was beyond rude! He said that I was charged the correct amount and that he was not going to refund the $50 difference regardless of what Justin said. I tried to dispute the $50 with my credit card company but was told that I had the burden to prove the charge and since it was over the phone, they had to go with the invoice from Digital Net Shop. I was told they can charge any amount they want, and that it is the risk I take when making phone/internet purchases. The only recourse I have is to send the items back. Yeah right...I'm going to spend a couple hundred dollars in shipping to dispute $50?? Give me a break! I tried one last time to resolve this and spoke with Barry who claimed to be the owner. He sounded like a punk kid and even worse than the people running his company. He refused to do anything for me, claiming that I got a deal anyway and that he didn't make any money so we wasn't about to give me anything back. He also said that Justin was in rehab for heroine. He cut me off and transferred me to his customer service department where I was intentionally ignored and kept on hold so long that I was forced to hang up. This company has many different names but their game is all the same...TO TAKE YOUR MONEY BY ANY MEANS THEY CAN, EVEN IF IT IS ILLEGAL, FRAUDULANT, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND/OR IMMORAL. BEWARE OR I PROMISE YOU'LL BE SORRY YOU DIDN'T. "

modified review This review was modified by turtleface on December 25 2006 11:04:29 PM

"BEWARE!!!! GBSHOPPING.COM WAS THE WORST ONLINE PURCHASE EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD!! Don't do it. I purchased a CD case, then got an email saying my order was cancelled. I picked another model and ordered, then got an email saying it was cancelled. When I called to question, they claimed they had no CD cases of any kind in stock and wouldn't be getting any soon. Two days later I get an email saying my order shipped (my cancelled second one?) and I get charged double on my credit card. When I call to ask, they say I ordered 2 of the 2nd case. My receipt (that I still have) clearly states 1, and I offer to email it back to them. They said, "it's your word against ours." They said I could send one back if I paid the shipping on it, and after I argued that it was their mistake, they decided they weren't going to let me return the product at all. The customer service rep refused to let me speak to anyone else. I reported them to the BBB. Please don't give them your business!!"

"Order elsewhere. Note that this is the same company as TVs Depot which has even worse reviews than GB Shopping. I placed an order for a chest freezer that was in stock. The shipping was given as $16.95. After 4 days the status hadn't changed on my order so I called them. I talked to Victor. He told me that they had called and left a message to get a confirmation for the order. I had received no calls and had no messages from them. So Victor told me they could ship on Monday and would I like to proceed. I said yes. Then Victor tried to sell me a $99 extended warranty. Come on. $99 for a $220 item. Then he said "oh, by the way the shipping is $153 not $16.95. Our web guy just mis-typed the shipping charge." When I refused he said "OK I'll ship it to you at my cost, $100. Is there anyone out there that thinks this wasn't all part of a plan? I just took a look at their other large products and all the ones I checked had very low shipping charges. So it's definitely not the web guy. Don't bother placing your order with these folks. Look at the other reviews, they really are indicative of what you should expect. Order from someone else. You will not get a better deal at GB."

modified review This review was modified by bobrr on August 25 2006 12:24:42 PM

"My experience with this seller wasn't good. I waited for 19 days, the item (office fan) didn't arrive. I called the customer service and was informed that UPS has lost my order, and my account will be credited in 4 days. I don't know if I should believe them about UPS, but even if it did lose the order, why is it not replaced? I should add that no apology was given. I also beleive they charged me extra $5 beyond the stated price, presumably for S&H but the shipping was supposed to be free with this order. I will never purchase anything from them. "

"I guess if you want to do business with them, you need to know a nice sales person over there...

I placed the order 7/26, the called me back 8/06, that's week and a half later, to "confirm" the order. I read this site a lot, so I told them exactly that "Ship my order as it is, or I'm cancelling it". Dude tried 3 or 4 more times to inflate the package. At the end said "You'll get it in 2 to 3 weeks". That gets the time to receive the item to almost 5 weeks. nice.

"Thursday morning: Called the store, asked for an item and delivery date. I was told the item is in stock, 3 days delivery, you should receive your item by Tuesday.
Friday: Order status: Processing. Called the store:
- Your Item will be shipped out today.
- Can I receive it by Tuesday?
- Yes. Do not worry.
Saturday, Sunday: Item status: Processing.
Monday Morning: Called the store. After long verification of my identity Victor (manager) told me:
- Your item will be shipped out tomorrow!
- I was told I will have it tomorrow.
- I cannot do anything for you sir. Is it OK?

"The Shopping experience at gbshopping was great. I was looking for a sony semi soft case for my hc3. I only found it at gbshopping. the online order didnt go through so i called and ordered. and got my case 2 days later. gread purchase..."

modified review This review was modified by farukp on June 06 2006 02:50:06 AM

"Terrible. Lied to over and over. Ordered a portable DVD player. Assured would be delivered within 5 days. The day before it should have arrived, I called, only to be told it was never shipped. I tried to arrange a later shipping, again was never shipped. Don't believe anything they tell you."

"I ordered some speaker wire from this company at a price that was too good to be true. I never got the product, and customer service was clueless. After two weeks my first call the company gave me a customer rep that said "oh that's a custom order, they usually take 1-3 weeks, so we'll probably get it from the warehouse next week". Ok - it wasn't a custom order but whatever. Two more weeks I call back, someone says "oh we had ordered a shipment of those but it was delayed, we should have it this week". So much for it being a custom order. A week and a half later I call for the status, and another person says "it should ship today, wait for a tracking number in your email this afternoon". How convenient. I call the next day, they haven't a clue, I cancelled the order.

Like I said. Too good to be true.

"I ordered my washer and dryer and it shipped within five days. I received the washer and dryer in perfect condition. The price was the best I could find and shipping and insurance were free. I was very happy with my shopping experience."

Rating 8/104/5

"WORKMANSHIP EXCELLENT
DESIGN INOVATIVE
FLAWS HYBRID DRYING, NEEDS WORK
SERVICE NONE
PARTS NONE
SERVICE MANUAL NONE
OPERATION EASY

"Electric Range delivered price was $300 less than Sears and delivered ahead of schedule. I was completely satisfied."

Rating 6/103/5

"Atrocious customer service and extremely slow shipping. "