Stores > GrabAGun.com

Product & services pricing Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10

"I was on the Grab-A Gun mailing list for years and responded to an email in which they invited me to call for a price on a Sig P229 Extreme. The Gentleman on the phone was pleasant enough and informed me that the price was $799 - a decent price. While still considering calling back, on 5 November, while on vacation, I noticed that their website listed a price of $659.49 - an excellent price. I immediately purchased it online, something I've done numerous times with other merchants.

On 6 November I received the following message:

In the email exchange that followed, Grab-A-Gun tried to justify the rejection - essentially, I was not "allowed" to purchase the item because I was on vacation - "too much distance between my IP address and my physical address". Bear in mind - this was using a US Credit Card, with a US address, and a US FFL where I would have had to show up in person and prove my identity before taking possession of the firearm. I.e. this was an extremely low risk transaction for them since they had successfully charged my card for the full amount and postage. Given all that, I found their "possible fraud" excuse suspicious to say the least.

I note that the very next morning - i.e. literally within a handful of hours, the price was changed on their website to $799.00. Most likely there was a pricing error on their part and they did not wish to own up to it. I could have accepted it had they taken responsibility for the rejection being due to a mistake and if they had offered to make it right in some way even if they could not meet the $659.42 price - a small discount, an extra magazine thrown in for their mistake - some token to show integrity and good faith. Nothing. Not even an apology.

In browsing the web for reviews of Grab-A-Gun (including this website), I saw several instances of "suspected fraud" being used to cancel orders. Interestingly, in each case, the item purchased appeared to have been re-listed on their website for a significantly higher price immediately after. This suggests to me that this is a means Grab-A-Gun uses to avoid owning up to pricing errors as a matter of policy. I cannot, as such, recommend them and will not be dealing with them in the future. There are other businesses with equivalent prices that have demonstrated integrity and trustworthiness.

This review was modified by notagagfan on November 11 2015 04:22:01 PM

"I found a pellet gun for a good price on grabagun.com. It said in big bold letters on the item page, "$5.99 Flat Rate shipping on all firearms!" When I tried to checkout, my only options for shipping were $18.10 or local pickup. I emailed customer service figuring this was an error. The reply I got said this:

Yes sir only actual firearms are $5.99. Not accessories, air guns and mussle loaders since they don't go to an FFL.

I copied that statement directly from the email and didn't change anything. Why put that on the page for an air gun then, right below the description? If it only applies to particular items, only put that offer on those pages. It's false advertising! The shipping cost for a .22 rimfire rifle isn't going to be any different than the .22 pellet gun I was trying to purchase, so why charge a different price for shipping? My state considers pellet guns firearms and they are legal for hunting. I was unhappy with this interaction and won't be purchasing anything from any gun shop that doesn't know what a muzzleloader is.

"Found GrabAGun while surfing the web. Their customer service was very knowledgeable and helpful. Order my gun on Wednesday after lunch and it arrived at my FFL before noon on Thursday. "

"As a first time buyer I did lots of research prior to my purchase. Grabagun had the lowest price, a website that is intuitive and easy to navigate and clear instructions to complete the process. My order was shipped the same day. Wonderful experience - will not have to search around for my next purchase as I will come straight to Grabagun. I typically don't write reviews but their excellent service deserved one."

SittingElf's Avatar

Florida, USA

"Bad deal with GrabAGun. Ordered a Magpul PRS Stock based on pricing and 'supposed' expeditious shipping. Paid online with one of my credit cards.

Waited a few days for tracking info, and instead, got a very curt email stating that "Our payment processor flagged this item as a security risk for potential fraud. We will not be able to complete the transaction. I have refunded the payment in full. Thank You.

Total B.S.! No call to check with me, and no email asking for further clarification. Just a flat "the order is cancelled and a refund issued".

So.... if they could issue a refund, then the payment obviously must have gone through. I initially sent back an email stating I would be happy to clear whatever their issue was, but I then thought "why the hell should I go to any additional lengths when there was CLEARLY no fraud". Sent another email that said to just forget my business, now and in the future. Joe Bob Outfitters got my business, and I couldn't have been more pleased with their service, prices, and speed.

As far as I'm concerned, thei callousness of their email, and lack of a polite inquiry that would have resulted in any questions being instantly resolved puts them out of my potential purchasing links for the roughly $16,000 of related purchases I plan over the next three months.

"I ordered three magazines for my Century M85. Long story short, GrabaGun waited two months until I called to figure things out to tell me it was in inventory problem. They said their website listed for sale something they did not have. The thing is the magazines were on their website for sale, but now they were 24.95 instead of the 9 dollars I originally paid.

These people are liars and charlatans. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

"I recently ordered a barrel for my m&p 9 total came out to 160$ which was a very good price. However shipping took away too long its been past a week and still no product received. Ups shipped from Texas to California skipping las Vegas which ended up causing a extra 2 day delay . ups also managed to screw it up even more by taking a extra day transferring to USPS. I see ups drivers pass by my house all day. Very angry with the shipping time as I hoped to be able to install and shoot with my friends on the weekend but product has still yet to arrive"

"I purchased a Ruger SR9C pistol in April, 2015. They shipped is within one day, which I thought was pretty fast. They shipped exactly what I ordered. The gun checked out perfect at the FFL pick-up. No hassle transaction. I always check ResellerRatings before I purchase anything on-line. It has helped me avoid problematic Sellers. They were the cheapest reputable Seller on the gunwatcher and slickguns websites. I emailed GrabAGun several times regarding questions about this gun and they replied within a couple hours (pretty fast). I would recommend buying from them."

"I ordered a revolver Monday 4/20/2015 and it was delivered Tuesday 4/21/2015 to my dealer. Quick shipping and good pricing."

"Over the past few years, I have made many purchases from GrabAGun, but this one outdoes all of them and verges on incredible. On the evening of April 6, 2015, I ordered a new Springfield Armory SD Mod.2 9mm pistol from GrabAGun. Astoninsingly, I picked it up at my FFL dealer yesterday, April 7, 2015. I have no idea how it got there in well under 24 hours, but it did. The gun looks great and feels great, fitting my hand perfectly with the flush base 13-round magazine. Can't wait to see how it does at the range."

"I recently started shooting with my husband. Over the last six months I've really started to enjoy the time we spend together at the range. I tried to place an order with Grab A Gun for an AR15 for myself. While talking to the man on the phone my husband was guiding me in my purchasing decisions. The man stopped taking the order and asked if the firearm was for myself and I said yes. He then said he heard a man in the background talking about the purchase. I told him it was my husband and he was helping me in my decision. The salesman told me that this sounded
like a "straw purchase". He said he believed I was buying the firearm for someone else. It is sad that you can't have the guidance of your husband in making a purchase decision. I will take my money elsewhere. My husband owns five firearms and doesn't need me
to purchase another if he wants one. I will never give Grab A Gun one cent of my money and I will tell everyone I can not to shop there.

"Great experience. I bought a M&P10 from them. They were super cheap and fast shipping. Talked to them on the phone, and were really easy to deal with. Would definitely buy from them again."

"First time using GrabAGun.com and I could not be more pleased! They had the absolute best price on the XD .45 that I was looking to purchase. I placed an order on Tuesday night and my gun arrived at my local FFL on Thursday morning! The gun was perfect and exactly as described. This was an awesome first time experience and will definitely be a repeat customer! Thank you GrabAGun.com!"

"Amazing experience with this company. I bought my fnx9 for an excellent price on Monday, and picked it up from my FFL dealer on Wednesday. Fast shipping and great trouble free service."

"Based on my first purchase, I recommend these folks. They promptly processed and shipped my order. I would not likely choose UPS Mail Innovations as a shipping method - UPS had the package for 2 days, then USPS took 9 more days to deliver from 100 miles away. To GrabaGun's credit they communicated with me immediately when I emailed them about delayed delivery, unlike some I could name (Palmetto State Armory). "

Share GrabAGun.com's store rating

GrabAGun.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GrabAGun.com is a merchant member
GrabAGun.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,682 merchant members.