Govtechdepot.com Reviews - govtechdepot.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.67/10 20 reviews

Govtechdepot.com is a merchant member
Govtechdepot.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,887 merchant members.

"After being tired with my CDW rep being whiny and not very knowledgeable about the products I needed, I found GTD and have been very happy. I get personalized service and prices that almost always beat CDW.

GTD was also able to find me some harder to find products that our company needs for legacy qualification testing.

"Worked with GTD for some time now. Always dependable. Great team to work with."

"Shawn Brown was an absolute delight to work with. I will recommend this company to all of my friends and family."

"I love Govtechdepot.com. The reps are always very knowledgeable with any of their product questions that I may have. Since I dont have a lot of technical experience, it does help to be able to have someone on the other end of the line that knows what they are talking about with a smile. Customer service is a big plus in my business, so it helps a great deal when I can receive the same amount of service that is expected by my own clients. I am looking into products for my new business, and will definitely use Govtechdepot.com when ready to purchase. count me as being a RAVING FAN!!!!"

"Govtech delivered as promised, very satisfied customer, will shop again!"

Rating 6/103/5

"I thought the website indicated the product was in stock, but in reality it was a discontinued item. So I ended up purchasing locally.

"Shawn was incredibly helpful in finalizing my order, even though it ended up not being through GTD due to an obscure monitor I chose. His level of service is not something you'll experience very often which is all too unfortunate, if more businesses worked like GTD because of Shawn, the commercial world would be a wonderful place.

I would recommend GTD to family and friends in a heart beat!

"We are a large manufacture and reseller with global locations and found ourselves in a bind locating thirty power PDU’s costing $20K for a large data center. It was a refreshing pleasure working with Shawn Brown from Government Technology Depot. Shawn informed us the part was available is several of his resource warehouses and fulfilled the order for us, drop shipping directly to our end customer. Communication was outstanding throughout the process, as tracking numbers were given as soon as items were shipped, they handled every detail without flaw. I highly recommend GTD for any size project, they are trustworthy and not just a web sales site like others you may see, they are hard working, “get the job done” group of people!
Best of luck in your business growth GTD and looking forward to more business opportunities with you in the future.

Regards,
John Werner
Electri-Cord Mfg
312 E. Main St.
Westfield, PA 16950
814-367-2265 ex324

Rating 8/104/5

"my account has not been credited yet please look into sincerly Roy"

modified review reply posted Oct-22-2012

sbrown95, Govtechdepot.com rep has responded

“Hi Roy- I am sending you an email as we released funds to your account after we spoke last week. Sometimes it takes a bit for the banks to reissue funds, however if you give me a call I will call your bank for you and make sure that they credit your account ASAP.

Hope you're doing well today, and thanks for the review and feedback. It's the only way we can improve ourselves.

Thanks,

shawnb@govtechdepot.com”

"Just purchased Sony XBA-BT75 Bluetooth stereo headphones from GovTechDepot. They retail for $299 and I paid $195 (including shipping). The next best price I could find was on Amazon for $237. I contacted GovTech by email prior to ordering to make sure they were available. I received a quick response from the owner (Shawn)indicating they were available. After ordering I received a tracking number from Shawn (as promised). This was my first time using GovTechDepot and I am very impressed with their customer service and pricing. I had about siz emails go out to SHawn on questions I have and he responded quickly each time. I will use them again. "

Rating 6/103/5

"It's been two weeks today since I placed this order. It sits in their queue pending. No tracking number. Nobody from the merchant has contacted me to inform me of what is going on. On the plus side, they haven't yet charged my card.

Addendum: Shawn has been in contact with me several times TODAY (a Saturday!) to get this situation addressed so I am revising my rating and hope to be able to revise it again when the order is straightened out.

modified review This review was modified by grandavebb on September 08 2012 06:25:24 PM
modified review reply posted Sep-08-2012

sbrown95, Govtechdepot.com rep has responded

“Hello there. Please shoot me an email with your order number and I will see what's going on. The office is closed, but if you'd like to discuss your order , please call my personal cell and I will find out what's going on. Also I apologize for any inconvenience . Thanks Shawn Brown 9494120091”

Rating 4/102/5

"until today Sept 5th I did not receive the merchandise"

modified review reply posted Sep-06-2012

sbrown95, Govtechdepot.com rep has responded

“Hello Hijitus44. First off let me apologize for the product taking so long to get to you. The reason we are a reseller ratings member is to constantly improve upon our products and customer experience. Please shoot me an email and expand on what you ordered and when and I will give you a definitive explanation as to why we did not meet your expectations. And also thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Us little guys need all the feedback we can get. My email is shawnb@govtechdepot.com . Also please note that if it takes me a bit of time to respond, it's only to the overwhelming amount of things going on being that we are in the end of the Federal buying season. Once again. Thank you so much for choosing GTD and I look forward to hearing from you!

President
shawnb@govtechdepot.com”

"Well, I have to say that I am very impressed with Shawn Brown and govtechdepot.com. I had ordered some Sony headphones from the site, but decided after some delays in shipping that I really didn't need them. So I canceled my order and Shawn was more than obliging. We both then ran into a problem: The VISA card bank who shall go unnamed (they are also my mortgage servicing company) has delayed my refund for more time than should be allowed. But nevertheless, Shawn has kept up with me every step of the way, send me information via email and telephone. He has been great, and next time I need something they are selling on govtechdepot.com, I will buy it.

I have no affiliation with the site, but came away very impressed with Shawn and his customer service.

"This is an excellent place for all your technology needs. Received personal assistance and the shipping was super fast. This companies customer service is spot on, do not hesitate to place your order. They didn't even charge my credit card until the item was on its way. 100% great business with some of the lowes prices I have seen on some items.I wouldnt hesitate to order again!"

modified review This review was modified by Frylock on June 27 2012 08:59:58 AM

"The previous comment here was a negative about a startup company offering a great price on an item but not honoring it. After posting the comment, and forwarding my feedback to the company, the company owner called me personally and intervened, and I will be receiving my product at the advertised price. (Actually: overnight, too.)

So this revised comment is to reflect that govtechdepot.com is NOT like most of those companies you've been seeing lately in the top of your price-search engines. This is a real company, and they do stand behind the products and service. I'm happy with the service provided.

This comment is also about the value of ResellerRating.com. Without this website, things might have worked out differently. I am much more likely to look for opinions here before trying a new vendor. They (ReRa) follow through with vendors ... it's almost as if you have an extra man on the playing field. :)

modified review This review was modified by jginnane on July 02 2012 03:41:53 AM
modified review reply posted Jun-25-2012

sbrown95, Govtechdepot.com rep has responded

“John- Thanks for taking the time to post this response. Being that we are one of the smaller resellers. Even when we make mistakes, we can only learn from them. As I told you over the phone, I will call you once your headphones ship. We do not harvest credit card info. We are government focused and only deal with a number of non consumer based technology distributors. The price posted is correct, we just don't have stock to ship at the moment. I'll work diligently to make this right for you.

I hope you have an excellent day and I look forward to changing your mind about my company and my word.

Sincerely,