"This review concerns the Goodyear "credit card." After much research I decided my new tires would be Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. At the time I made my purchase, Goodyear was offering a rebate if the purchase was made with their credit card. I signed up for the card and waited patiently for it to arrive so I could make my purchase. I had hoped when I was approved online that they would email me my card number so I could immediately make my purchase like some companies do, but they did not.

When it arrived about 10 days after applying I noticed the card didn't have an expiration date or any type of credit card logo I was used to seeing (ie Visa, Mastercard, AMEX). I tried using the card at discounttiredirect.com, which is an authorized dealer of Goodyear products, but they didn't accept the card. It was then I realized that this wasn't an actual credit card as advertised, but merely a store card only able to be used at Goodyear service centers. I suppose it's easy for them to offer a rebate when they know you'll be paying full retail price.

Had I read the fine print I may have realized what I was getting, but Goodyear shouldn't call it a credit card when you can't use the credit at any store. Call it a store card, charge card or just a plain ol' Goodyear card, but don't call it a credit card.

"I Scheduled an oil change and tire rotation appointment online. When I got to the store they were ready for me, took my keys and gave me an estimate for when my car would be done. I came back and they were all ready for me, in and out! Great experience and great price! Super easy to schedule online!"

Goodyear Auto Service is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Goodyear Auto Service is not a merchant member
Goodyear Auto Service does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!