Stores > Goggles4u

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.75/10 6.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.21/10 8.21/10

2016-07-20

"Easy to order and big selection of frames. "

2016-07-20

"I will wait until I receive my glasses before I know for sure if I will order again from Goggles4u...Thank you."

All good

"As my son has the tendency to lose glasses often, this is the solution... Very happy that we are not losing $300 or more every time he loses a pair. Glasses are good."

Misleading Advertising

"I was under the impression the glasses would cost $6.95 but this does not include lenses, which I didn't see in your advertising. Also, shipping is extremely high."

Quick and easy

"I noticed I made a mistake on my prescription, the rep helped me to solve the problem, no waiting, good service."

2016-07-20

Can't really rate until I try the product!

"I can't really give an accurate rating until I try the glasses. The prices are good, now we'll see if they deliver."

2016-07-20

Good

"Ordering was easy with this site. "

2016-06-24

they stand up behind their glasses

"i guta stand up here and give a big KUDOS to Goggles4U. They do stand up behind their 100% satisfaction guarantee. We messed up the entry in our prescription on our end. We got back the glasses and couldnt see thru them correctly. We called them. they had us email them the actual prescription. They made a new pair of glasses. Tot all inclusive under their 100% customer satisfaction policy! Just received them, they are great! They even upgraded us to a premium frame, no extra charge! All included with the price of original order. They didnt charge us anything extra, not even shipping!. Our family is impressed! We shall keep getting glasses from them!"

This review was modified by petergats on June 24 2016 01:24:48 PM

2016-04-21

Hit Or Miss

"The progressive lenses that this company sells have poor peripheral vision and seg heights that are so high that distance vision is compromised. Also, the transition from distance vision to reading vision is not smooth. Reading vision is excellent, but walking straight ahead my vision was blurry as I was seeing through the intermediate corridor. I requested that the seg height be lowered and mentioned that it would not be safe to drive with these glasses. This is not the result of an error in filling one’s Rx, but inherent to the lenses. The company told me that it applies a formula to determine seg height and will not make any adjustments for individual customers. I’ve noticed that others have reported the exact same problems. I’ve not tried the short corridor lenses, which I’m told are automatically dispensed for shallower frames starting at 30 mm high. I was going to before being told by this company that it will not offer any replacements or exchanges if they do not work out and will not offer refunds, either, unless the company admits that there is a problem of its making. This gives me pause because the overseas lab produces inconsistent lens quality. I have three pairs of distance glasses from this company with the same Rx and can see with only one. I have crisp vision with only one of multiple pairs of reading glasses that I ordered with the same parameters. They do not use a commercial lens material but their own. Another problem is that Goggles4u.com does not provide the online option to order computer glasses because they want to decide what ADD power the customer will get, rather than use the ADD power that the customer's eye doctor prescribes. This is irregular. There are surprises in the fit of the frames no matter how studied the frame selection given stated dimensions. I have 2 frames from goggles4u.com with nose bridge size 16. One fits and the other is skimpy. If I get one serviceable pair of glasses in the end, I'll be satisified, but this company represents that it sells a high-end product and this representation is untenable. I also don't like the company's attempt to suppress customer reviews."

This review was modified by Breeze123 on April 21 2016 10:38:19 AM

2016-04-10

goggles4u sets order right with replacement

"$83 after 30% off discount was decent price for progressive but change to reading glasses too high in lens height so they are essentially reading glasses. difficultly driving or walking with these. transition from far to near side should start lower

4-10-16 UPDATE
goggles4u.com contacted me since i was not completely satisfied with how the initial progressive bifocals turned out. they correctly guided me to a shorter glass height and mailed me, at no charge, new spectacles. THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY SUPER !!! I always thought incorrectly that the bigger the lens height, the better the glasses. No optometrist ever corrected me unless goggles4u set me right. I am a hundred percent satisfied customer now. So few companies go to this length for customer satisfaction.

2016-03-18

OK service but glasses way too cheap

"I had no problems with my eyeglass order, but the glasses I received seem incredibly flimsy. I really doubt they will last very long. I see fine through them, though - lenses seem correct.

I have purchased many sets of glasses from Zenni optical, and those glasses seem much more durable with little difference in price.

2016-02-24

Great customer service!

"I've bought many pairs of glasses from Goggles4u over the years. Their glasses are really inexpensive, and while I'm usually happy, I'm not always thrilled with the quality of the frames. However, the lenses are always great, and I wear progressives, which can be tricky.

I recently put in an order for two pairs of glasses, both using the same prescription. One pair came back and was perfect. The other pair didn't have the right prescription in them, because everything was blurry.

I emailed their customer service, and they responded within 12 hours. The will be sending me a new pair of glasses, with the correct prescription, at no charge. It was all resolved quickly and painlessly, and I was blown away by their customer service.

This review was modified by jillpcan on February 24 2016 07:15:35 PM

2016-01-04

"Very, very disappointed. Lenses which I paid $ 185 from my social security started to blur till point that I cannot use my glasses any more. When called Customer Service was told to have warranty only 15 days of purchase what I didn't know. I was taking care of my glasses and it was not possible to be damage. I am wearing glasses for years and never, ever something like this happened to me.
Hope somebody from company will read it and help me to solve this problem to recoat and fixed my glasses.

This review was modified by jelena_sedic on January 04 2016 03:28:01 PM

2015-08-25

"I have a strong precsription and also need progressive lenses. I messed up on the prescription at first but called them and they were very helpful and made the change for me. I got my glasses in about 2 weeks and they are great. Best thing of all is I saved about $300.00 off the glasses store price."

This review was modified by david5901 on August 25 2015 03:09:01 PM

2015-08-09

"Be careful and be prepared to waste money when you buy from these guys, treat it like a crapshoot. I made 4 separate orders over a few weeks, each order arrived with either clearly defective lenses, lenses that made me dizzy (but unable to prove the fault, unless I had a laser measurement) or warped lenses due to being put on too tightly by lazy optical staff.

This was a nightmare, tried to get some refunded or replaced and spent close to 1 hour with online chat going around in circles, gave up and cut my losses. The optical centre was way off, the vertical alignment was different on each lens - indicating that staff did not quality check the lenses or didn't really care.

If you have a laser measurement device that can verify what you receive from Goggles4u then you could complain, otherwise you're in for a heck of a time trying to explain that the glasses just don't feel right or make you dizzy.

Save your money and time and go with a more reputable online dispenser that can provide you with a laser measurement of the finished lenses, these guys are just low, low quality.

Also, they use CR39 plastic for the free lenses, which have great anti-reflective properties, but they use Apsheric shaped lenses, which are cheaply made and give you headaches. I'd recommend a shop that gives you more comfortable Spherical lenses.

If you ever decide to get tinting, you can't, repeat can't, get anti-reflective coating on the lenses, so they end up with so much glare they're impossible to use.

This review was modified by mickgee on August 09 2015 06:12:15 PM

Share Goggles4u's store rating

Goggles4u is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Goggles4u is a merchant member
Goggles4u participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,535 merchant members.