Stores > Goggles4u

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

2016-04-21

Hit Or Miss

"The progressive lenses that this company sells have poor peripheral vision and seg heights that are so high that distance vision is compromised. Also, the transition from distance vision to reading vision is not smooth. Reading vision is excellent, but walking straight ahead my vision was blurry as I was seeing through the intermediate corridor. I requested that the seg height be lowered and mentioned that it would not be safe to drive with these glasses. This is not the result of an error in filling one’s Rx, but inherent to the lenses. The company told me that it applies a formula to determine seg height and will not make any adjustments for individual customers. I’ve noticed that others have reported the exact same problems. I’ve not tried the short corridor lenses, which I’m told are automatically dispensed for shallower frames starting at 30 mm high. I was going to before being told by this company that it will not offer any replacements or exchanges if they do not work out and will not offer refunds, either, unless the company admits that there is a problem of its making. This gives me pause because the overseas lab produces inconsistent lens quality. I have three pairs of distance glasses from this company with the same Rx and can see with only one. I have crisp vision with only one of multiple pairs of reading glasses that I ordered with the same parameters. They do not use a commercial lens material but their own. Another problem is that Goggles4u.com does not provide the online option to order computer glasses because they want to decide what ADD power the customer will get, rather than use the ADD power that the customer's eye doctor prescribes. This is irregular. There are surprises in the fit of the frames no matter how studied the frame selection given stated dimensions. I have 2 frames from goggles4u.com with nose bridge size 16. One fits and the other is skimpy. If I get one serviceable pair of glasses in the end, I'll be satisified, but this company represents that it sells a high-end product and this representation is untenable. I also don't like the company's attempt to suppress customer reviews."

This review was modified by Breeze123 on April 21 2016 10:38:19 AM

2016-04-10

goggles4u sets order right with replacement

"$83 after 30% off discount was decent price for progressive but change to reading glasses too high in lens height so they are essentially reading glasses. difficultly driving or walking with these. transition from far to near side should start lower

4-10-16 UPDATE
goggles4u.com contacted me since i was not completely satisfied with how the initial progressive bifocals turned out. they correctly guided me to a shorter glass height and mailed me, at no charge, new spectacles. THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY SUPER !!! I always thought incorrectly that the bigger the lens height, the better the glasses. No optometrist ever corrected me unless goggles4u set me right. I am a hundred percent satisfied customer now. So few companies go to this length for customer satisfaction.

2016-03-18

OK service but glasses way too cheap

"I had no problems with my eyeglass order, but the glasses I received seem incredibly flimsy. I really doubt they will last very long. I see fine through them, though - lenses seem correct.

I have purchased many sets of glasses from Zenni optical, and those glasses seem much more durable with little difference in price.

2016-02-24

Great customer service!

"I've bought many pairs of glasses from Goggles4u over the years. Their glasses are really inexpensive, and while I'm usually happy, I'm not always thrilled with the quality of the frames. However, the lenses are always great, and I wear progressives, which can be tricky.

I recently put in an order for two pairs of glasses, both using the same prescription. One pair came back and was perfect. The other pair didn't have the right prescription in them, because everything was blurry.

I emailed their customer service, and they responded within 12 hours. The will be sending me a new pair of glasses, with the correct prescription, at no charge. It was all resolved quickly and painlessly, and I was blown away by their customer service.

This review was modified by jillpcan on February 24 2016 07:15:35 PM

2016-01-04

"Very, very disappointed. Lenses which I paid $ 185 from my social security started to blur till point that I cannot use my glasses any more. When called Customer Service was told to have warranty only 15 days of purchase what I didn't know. I was taking care of my glasses and it was not possible to be damage. I am wearing glasses for years and never, ever something like this happened to me.
Hope somebody from company will read it and help me to solve this problem to recoat and fixed my glasses.

This review was modified by jelena_sedic on January 04 2016 03:28:01 PM

2015-08-25

"I have a strong precsription and also need progressive lenses. I messed up on the prescription at first but called them and they were very helpful and made the change for me. I got my glasses in about 2 weeks and they are great. Best thing of all is I saved about $300.00 off the glasses store price."

This review was modified by david5901 on August 25 2015 03:09:01 PM

2015-08-09

"Be careful and be prepared to waste money when you buy from these guys, treat it like a crapshoot. I made 4 separate orders over a few weeks, each order arrived with either clearly defective lenses, lenses that made me dizzy (but unable to prove the fault, unless I had a laser measurement) or warped lenses due to being put on too tightly by lazy optical staff.

This was a nightmare, tried to get some refunded or replaced and spent close to 1 hour with online chat going around in circles, gave up and cut my losses. The optical centre was way off, the vertical alignment was different on each lens - indicating that staff did not quality check the lenses or didn't really care.

If you have a laser measurement device that can verify what you receive from Goggles4u then you could complain, otherwise you're in for a heck of a time trying to explain that the glasses just don't feel right or make you dizzy.

Save your money and time and go with a more reputable online dispenser that can provide you with a laser measurement of the finished lenses, these guys are just low, low quality.

Also, they use CR39 plastic for the free lenses, which have great anti-reflective properties, but they use Apsheric shaped lenses, which are cheaply made and give you headaches. I'd recommend a shop that gives you more comfortable Spherical lenses.

If you ever decide to get tinting, you can't, repeat can't, get anti-reflective coating on the lenses, so they end up with so much glare they're impossible to use.

This review was modified by mickgee on August 09 2015 06:12:15 PM

2015-07-26

"My very first time ordering RX glasses on line. I hesitated seeing so many negative reviews but took a chance. Ordered the PRADA VPR58O VI frame with progressive photochromic lenses as back up to my primary designer pair. Some comments:

Wide selections of frames. Prices very competitive. Checked several sites and Google4U offered among the best values for my chosen frame type and prescription.

Process started immediately and my order was delivered a little less than the 10 days advertised. So reasonable wait. Actually faster than another retailer I tried afterward.

Observation regarding Virtual-Try (tool to see frame with uploaded personal picture): This pertain to Goggles4U and all other online glasses retailers with such tool on their site. It’s a very handy tool to check out the frames on oneself. But keep in mind that no virtual tool can be as accurate as physically trying the real frames on. There were tiny discrepancies (size and color wise) between my actual delivered glasses and the look on the virtual try-on online. If accuracy when trying the frames is crucial for your selection, consider the online retailers that ship you the actual frames to try and see.

This said, I’m happy with my Prada glasses. Not as high quality as my premium designer pair yet light, stylish, nice fit, and ideal as backups. I’m actually wearing them more often than my designer pair. Will order again from Goggles4U.

2015-07-23

"I had ordered two pairs from a competitor, then discovered Goggles4u. Since I figured out how to order online, knowing all of the necessary dimensions and what they meant, I decided to get two more pairs from Goggles4u with transition lenses. I ordered similar frames to the order from the other company, and the cost with discounts from each company resulted in $20 less from Goggles4u, with the transition lenses.

I received notification that the glasses were finished in production in a matter of days. Since the company office is in California and I live in Nevada, I thought it would arrive in another two days. Actually, it took a while longer because production is in Thailand; but they still arrived well within the promise of 10 business days.

When the glasses arrived, they were in separate glasses cases, enclosed in a shipping bag. The glass cases are a little low in the quality department and didn't seem to close very well, but that wasn't a concern for me. The glasses themselves are a nice fit. The quality seems good and the material is light. I plan on using these for mud runs and obstacle course racing and the lack of weight is a nice benefit. I will use them again when I need a pair that I do not mind submitting to the possibilities of getting thrashed!

2015-07-11

" I can't comment how they are for everyone, but they were very dishonest with me. It was a frustrating experience. If something goes wrong you will more than likely never get a refund. My advice is, take your money elsewhere."

This review was modified by helloandhi on July 11 2015 11:48:36 PM

2015-07-05

"I purchased several pairs of glasses from Goggles4u.com and am very happy with the value I got for the small amount of money I spent. The glasses were well made, stylish and comfortable. Plus, the prescription was spot on in every pair. Unlike some of the other people writing reviews here, I had very good experiences with Customer Service. They were polite, helpful and answered all my questions in a timely manner. The only thing I could complain about is slow shipping."

2015-06-04

"extremely,, ridiculously slow primitive shipping. I dont know why. the glasses are nice and light and i love them but cannot stand their slow shipping for several years and never been improved. very very slow, it took always 3~4 weeks to delivery without exception even thou my home is only 10 mils away from their factory in Cerritos, CA!. I think they are making money out of using some very slow shipping method, not from the sale of glasses.do not wait for your order to arrived, will only hurt your sprit, just order-it-set-it-and-forget-it. "

This review was modified by houseo on June 04 2015 07:04:13 PM

2015-05-08

"Horrible place to order. I am leaving reviews on any rating services since they are to be avoided. At one time I thought they were good, and until I realized a problem had cropped up, I was happy and even wrote them a nice email. But, thats over. They have nobody in the chain of chat clerks or customer service that actually understand how prescriptions work, just their input program. Don't trust their order process. Mine is still in production after trying for a full day, 4 to 5 hours talking to about as many chat clerks, writing numerous emails, talking to them myself almost thinking they understood things. They had my ophthalmologist prescription, and a simplified one with each prescription written out individually. My eye doctor had no confidence they understood what they were being told. An average teenager with english as their native language would have understood in 10 minutes or so. Its a nightmare of wasted time and money. I told them to keep the money and lenses. I was not wasting a second longer talking to them. I am furious, and that is the real rub, they ruined my experience, and being disabled on fixed income I cannot really afford to through money away. I strongly encourage anyone considering using them to try someplace else. They will drive you crazy since they cannot seem to get an order right. The last clerk I spoke to still had the incorrect information. All those emails and hours of writing out the problem didn't fix a single thing. Don't buy from goggles4u.com"

2015-03-04

"I completely screwed up my own order and got the prescription completely incorrect.

I got the glasses and couldn't see! I wrote to them explaining that they were of no use and they asked me to send a copy of the prescription.

Sure enough, I had missed a number out! Doh!

They kindly replaced two pairs of glasses for free!!!! Even though it was clearly my fault.

The glasses are great and I leave them in our cars so that I always have a pair on hand when I forget my "proper" ones.

If I ever need glasses again I would definitely get them from Goggles4U - excellent customer service.

This review was modified by laddingford on March 04 2015 06:14:39 AM

2015-02-24

" I ordered 2 pairs of glasses and would not wear either pair out of my house, they are cheaper quality than dollar store glasses and the rx on my reading glasses in one eye is like going in the funny house at the fair and looking in the warped mirrors. It is funny during my ordering and while waiting the long wait for delivery i had good customer service. Of course I had no tracking number sent to me until i inquired, then I was sent a tracking number the night before they got here. I have written twice since i received the junk and have not got a response back which makes me suspicious. I did not know the glasses were made out of our country or I would not have ordered in the first place. I understood it was a calif. company not made in some sweat shop in pakistan. I would say you get what you pay for and my eyes are an important part of life and not worth going cheap! I would say skip this business and look elsewhere. The nose pad things are set weird and look horrible."

This review was modified by PamWo on February 24 2015 08:33:47 AM

Share Goggles4u's store rating

Goggles4u is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Goggles4u is not a merchant member
Goggles4u does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!