• Goggles4u

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"Horrible place to order. I am leaving reviews on any rating services since they are to be avoided. At one time I thought they were good, and until I realized a problem had cropped up, I was happy and even wrote them a nice email. But, thats over. They have nobody in the chain of chat clerks or customer service that actually understand how prescriptions work, just their input program. Don't trust their order process. Mine is still in production after trying for a full day, 4 to 5 hours talking to about as many chat clerks, writing numerous emails, talking to them myself almost thinking they understood things. They had my ophthalmologist prescription, and a simplified one with each prescription written out individually. My eye doctor had no confidence they understood what they were being told. An average teenager with english as their native language would have understood in 10 minutes or so. Its a nightmare of wasted time and money. I told them to keep the money and lenses. I was not wasting a second longer talking to them. I am furious, and that is the real rub, they ruined my experience, and being disabled on fixed income I cannot really afford to through money away. I strongly encourage anyone considering using them to try someplace else. They will drive you crazy since they cannot seem to get an order right. The last clerk I spoke to still had the incorrect information. All those emails and hours of writing out the problem didn't fix a single thing. Don't buy from goggles4u.com"

"I completely screwed up my own order and got the prescription completely incorrect.

I got the glasses and couldn't see! I wrote to them explaining that they were of no use and they asked me to send a copy of the prescription.

Sure enough, I had missed a number out! Doh!

They kindly replaced two pairs of glasses for free!!!! Even though it was clearly my fault.

The glasses are great and I leave them in our cars so that I always have a pair on hand when I forget my "proper" ones.

If I ever need glasses again I would definitely get them from Goggles4U - excellent customer service.

modified review This review was modified by laddingford on March 04 2015 06:14:39 AM

" I ordered 2 pairs of glasses and would not wear either pair out of my house, they are cheaper quality than dollar store glasses and the rx on my reading glasses in one eye is like going in the funny house at the fair and looking in the warped mirrors. It is funny during my ordering and while waiting the long wait for delivery i had good customer service. Of course I had no tracking number sent to me until i inquired, then I was sent a tracking number the night before they got here. I have written twice since i received the junk and have not got a response back which makes me suspicious. I did not know the glasses were made out of our country or I would not have ordered in the first place. I understood it was a calif. company not made in some sweat shop in pakistan. I would say you get what you pay for and my eyes are an important part of life and not worth going cheap! I would say skip this business and look elsewhere. The nose pad things are set weird and look horrible."

modified review This review was modified by PamWo on February 24 2015 08:33:47 AM

"HORRIBLE product and WORSE customer service/shipping. The list of excuses I've heard while waiting a MONTH for my glasses that I still have not received: "The tracking # doesn't work" "We can't find your order or name" "it'll take another 7-12 days" "it's in an extensive security check" "It's released now but it'll be another 7-12 days" The live agents are not live..if they are, My God are they too dumb to be working ANYWHERE. One agent just called me "dear" as in, "my dear, we are sorry for the inconvenience" DEAR? That is the most unprofessional thing I've dealt with in a while. Also, their survey's don't allow you to submit at the end. This whole company is a JOKE. "

modified review This review was modified by JodiYR on February 21 2015 11:12:27 AM

"They are slightly cheaper, but their shipping department is very slow. They have had my order status as quote in dropping shipping quote for 7 days and just today they actually got around to actually shipping it and sending me the tracking number. If you need glasses in less than 3 weeks, do not use them."

modified review This review was modified by 23222 on February 19 2015 07:32:52 PM

"Products are of poor quality. Was cleaning my new glasses and the lens broke in my hand. They offered a discount on my next order. Yeah right as if that was going to happen!"

modified review This review was modified by BJS100 on February 06 2015 11:16:48 AM

"Every time I talked to anyone, they were rude and took 5-10 minutes on chat to even answer me initially. No, "thank you for that information, please hold" etc, I would ask for a status and proceed to wait for that long until I had to say, are you still there? Then they would then come back on and not even apologize. Instead one person "keith" said yes, it is processing and they will ship it soon. If he answered so quickly that time, why did it take him so long to give me that information? "Samuel," and "Jessica" were also the same and very rude. They never apologized for making me wait so long, there was no decency from anyone. They also said once it arrived in the US from the manufacturer, I would receive an email with notice of shipping to me with a confirmation number. I received no such thing, it seems everything had to be done on my part. I emailed them to ask for the tracking number because their rep said it had been shipped and would arrive in 8-10 days, he never gave me any tracking. The only email I received was the receipt from the order in the beginning. I didn't receive an invoice with the shipment which I thought was unprofessional, which would usually have instructions on returns etc, and the Prada frames I received were cracked by the logo! You would think they would have quality control for such an obvious physical flaw. Even a monkey could see and probably correct such an issue. So now the wait to return and then then more waiting for them to send me a new frame. I don't have much trust the next ones will be any better. I will never, ever, ever order from this company again as long as I live and before I breathe my last breath.
Update: I have to pay to send them back and receive a refund, they have no policy to cover shipping if it is THEIR fault. The shipping is on you. The time from order to arriving to my house was 16 days.

modified review This review was modified by Mike4515 on February 03 2015 06:39:55 PM

"DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company.I ordered TWO pair and they were BOTH wrong ! Besides the incorrect RX they used being unbearable,they were CHEAP and customer service was BEYOND rude,it took MORE than 3 weeks to receive my order. When I asked to return them so they could FIX their MISTAKE-THEY DID NOTHING ! When I told them they lost a customer the fool said "we don't need customers like YOU" . I order glasses all the time online-NEVER HAD 1 PROBLEM WITH ANY OTHERS(like Zenni,Glasseshop,Eyebuydirect)"

"The quality of these was outrageously poor.
I have ordered glasses online for years always from Zennis but this time I saw some on googgles4u that I liked. I ordered 5 pairs.
The quality was below that of Dollar Store glasses. The arms were so thin they cracked or stretched the first time I wore them. One pair the arms were of soft plastic and stretched within minutes of putting them on another pair sat an inch above my nose.
I was leaving on vacation and was assured by support they would arrive on time. A week before I left I was told if I wanted them before I left I would need to pay $ 29.99, which I did. They did arrive 2 days before I left but I ordered 2 pair from a local store at the cost of $ 140.00.
I was in contact with support almost daily, they were all polite but ineffective.
I complained to support about the poor quality they told me to take pictures and if there is any major quality defect. We will verify from our end and will replace the glasses for you. Knowing full well that I was leaving on a 6 week vacation to Mexico.
Never again will I order from them and can't recommend them to anyone. Order elsewhere.

modified review This review was modified by bluenoser55 on January 15 2015 08:38:22 AM

"Extremely disappointed in the product received. I had ordered a mineral glass lens prescription glasses only to be delivered plastic lens WITHOUT notification. After contacting their support, they simply referred me to their FAQ regarding their practices without an apology. Despite being unsatisfied with their product, I was only offered a partial refund. The glasses has sat on my shelf for the last couple months. I will not recommend anyone do business with this company."

modified review This review was modified by ShadowVlican on November 08 2014 08:58:41 PM

"DO NOT BUY FROM GOGGLES4U EVER. it's cheapest for a reason. I ordered a pair with high index "super thin" lenses they advertise. When I received my pair, I was shocked to see lenses that can power Hubble telescope. I've never seen lenses so thick before, I was like.........where are these made??? I immediately compared it to 1.61 lenses on my old (even though I'm still wearing this one....) pair and guess what??? I didn't know 1.71 was supposed to be thicker than 1.61!!!!!!!!! Just don't ever buy from goggles4u. it's a waste. "

"EXTREMELY disappointed with Goggles4u. The frames I received have prominent Chinese logo emblazoned on the outside of each temple. On the website? No Chinese logo of course! The website images of the frames have been Photoshopped to remove the hideous Chinese branding.

After returning the glasses to Goggles4u, they are denying that the frames have a prominent Chinese logo on the outside of each temple and will not give a full refund. Totally unacceptable! Buyer beware.

"I have purchased from google4u at least 6 times before and always had good service, had a damage pair once and it was quickly replace. But my last experience with them is a nigthmare.

Ordered 2 pairs, one chromatic and one rx sunglass, received both after 56 days, and both were not the model in the picture, the front is similar but the arms are ugly and look cheesy. The sunglass rx is good, but the chromatic rx is not good at all and have a major defect in one lens. Took a picture, sent a email and they quickly sent another pair.... Again, not the good frame, this one is different from both the picture and the previoys pair, and again, a flaw in one lense, not a scratch or a bad cut, more like if the plastic did not melt properly during manufacturing, no way this can pass quality control done by a human,

This second baf pair let me wanting a refund, there is obviously something wrong with quality control there, but they want me to send the pair back, wich cost 24$ for a 56$ refund.... I am not bothering with that, I will take my buisness somewere else.

modified review This review was modified by PhilippeFrechette on July 09 2013 08:20:25 AM

"The ordered products were delivered in a timely manner. I did have an issue with my products, but it was addressed in a professional and timely manner. I would definitely order from them in the future."

"I didn't like the tinting in the glasses as it was too dark. I thought it would graduate from the sunlight to the dark but it stays constant. I guess I will have to go back to the Optometrist and do it through them. I also think the measurement from pupil to pupil was incorrect so therefore they are a bit blurry. The experience was good but I don't think I will do it again."

Share Goggles4u's store rating

Goggles4u is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Goggles4u is not a merchant member
Goggles4u does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!