Stores > Go Ahead Tours

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.86/10 8.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.34/10 9.34/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.25/10 9.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.08/10 9.08/10
Voice your opinion! Review Go Ahead Tours by clicking a star below.

Worthwhile Tour

"This is our 2nd Go Ahead tour. The best feature of both was the tour director. She made a couple of detours (by acclamation) which were really special. Taking into account the age of the tourists, she made it a point to stop somewhere every couple of hours for stretching and toilets. She also provided movies to coincide with places we were to visit.

As far as the tour goes, the itinerary was excellent. We covered lots of ground and saw awesome sights. The optional tours were very good.

At least one hotel was unsatisfactory; the remainder were great. The food (breakfasts and some dinners) were very good.

One minor complaint; Some stops were longer than necessary (Walls Drug). I would have preferred shorter stops and getting to our hotel sooner.

I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to get a good feel for our National Parks.

Great Experience in South America

"My wife and I took the South American trip to Rio de Janeiro, Igauzu Falls, and Buenos Aires. The highlights at each stop were marvelous, from Sugarloaf Mountain and the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio, the natural wonder that is Igauza Falls (about 250 waterfalls in a nature preserve), and the sophisticated and cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, often referred to as the "Paris of South America." Our guide through the tour, Emiliano, was knowledgeable, courteous, and very accommodating for everyone on the tour. Our local guides -- Eduardo in Rio and Rotendo at Igauzu (Emiliano is from Buenos Aires), knew their areas like the back of their hands and were able to provide useful information as well as answer all of our questions. We've take two memorable Go Ahead tours to Europe, and this time we wanted to experience our South American neighbors. We kinda wished we had gone on to the Machu Picchu and Amazon River extension. Maybe next time. For those who haven't been to South America, it's worth the adventure."

Great for a "solo" trip

"I was nervous about taking a solo trip. GoAhead was perfect for it! Being on a tour with most of the plans and details already organized, I had more time to focus on enjoying myself rather than worrying about the next step. I was able to enjoy group moments and made new friends but also had plenty of time to enjoy solo adventures and exploration. My tour guide was so knowledgeable and helped me find ideas for the free time we had in each city and also helped me pair up with other travelers with similar plans. I would definitely recommend GoAhead to anyone interested in seeing new places with low stress. I plan to book with them again."

2017-07-21

Fabulous Time In Italy !!!!!

"We had a great time and didn't have to worry about anything !!!"

Best vacation ever!

"We booked the Grand Tour of Italy with Rome Extension for our 20th Anniversary- and we were not disappointed! Our Tour Director Francesco was personable, humble and was spot-on with every single restaurant or free time reactivity recommendation! We enjoyed this trip so much from a history perspective and time spent with local guides- which was way beyond our expectations. We're home with a new found appreciation for the people and many towns of Italy- we had a fabulous time!"

Great Adventure!

"Our Australian adventure was perfect with every day an adventure! Ronan, our Tour Director, was so knowledgeable and organized. He made sure everyone in our group felt important. We were also lucky to have wonderful people traveling with us that all got along. It felt like we were traveling with family. This trip had it all from city tours, educational times, tiny penguins, hot air balloons, koalas & kangaroos, Uluru, dinner cruise, Sydney opera house, etc. Ronan even made sure I got my camel ride!

My 1st Experience traveling to Europe

"I was stuck inside my comfort zone, until getting to know everyone. Our guide put me at ease. I was able to to start enjoying my time away from home and experience the cultures of different countries. The motor coach was such a great way to see the countryside. The meals provided by Google Ahead on the most part were OK. Some were outstanding. Hotels were nice. Had a bad experience 1st hotel we went to. The AC was broken. I only wish they could have given us rooms with a view instead of construction. Our guide was very knowledgeable. Our days were packed full with so much to see and do. You will never be bored. There also was enough time to be on your own to see and do what you wanted. I would definitely take another tour through Go Ahead Tours.

Great Trips with Go Ahead

"We have taken two tours with Go Ahead, and thoroughly enjoyed both. The hotel choices were very good and the tour prices were very competitive."

Travel Made Easy!

"If you ever hesitated taking a vacation abroad, don't! Go Ahead Tours takes all the work and worry out of it so you can enjoy and experience the countries abroad. And better yet, small tour groups with plenty of free time to do what YOU want to do. Pick and choose excursions as you like. After three great tours - Northern Italy, Ireland, and most recently, Budapest, Vienna & Prague - I have nothing but good things to say. The tour guides are very experienced and local - making it an even better to understand the cultures and traditions. Go Ahead and make your next vacation worry free."

Awesome!

"Go Ahead made my dream come true with no stress to me! From the time of my arrival in London to the time of departure in Ireland our tour director Paul Sullivan was right there with us making everything happen! The accommodations was outstanding! Thank you Go Head for an awesome trip that I will never forget! I'm looking forward to my next adventure with GO AHEAD TOURS!

Needs improvement

"The Go-Ahead office in Cambridge MA is way too difficult to communicate with. From the beginning, we told them that 3 individuals would be traveling together. The Go Ahead office continued to have us separated. We spent too much time trying to get this correct and it was still not correct when we left for our trip.
There were several people in our group with special physical needs, our tour guide never asked ANY of them if they were in need of assistance. While the hotel in Taormina was beautiful, just to get to the street a steep hill had to be climbed. Again, the tour guide never offered assistance to those with special needs. My cousins and I took a taxi for quick transportationback to the hotel and the taxi dropped us at the door to the hotel. I do not understand why this door service was not offered for those with physical limitations.
This was my second Go Ahead tour. My first was in the year 2000. In 2000, our tour guide, communications with the Go Ahead office, and arrangements were flawless. In 2017, you need much improvement.

2017-07-14

Sweet time in the South.

"We traveled to Charleston and Savannah for a belated 50th anniversary celebration. We had so many unique experiences combining southern history, cuisine and culture. We had been to Charleston 20 years ago and the changes on King Street were amazing. We are avid readers of the late Pat Conroy so our trip to the Citadel brought to life so many of his books. And of course the view from the Battery never gets old. Savannah was so lovely with cool respite spots in the park-like squares in the city. We enjoyed the tours to local sites and to the plantations. The tour of the church that was a stop on the Underground Railroad was so moving to us. Reading history is one thing-being in the actual site of unimaginable feats is something altogether different.
Our tour guide, C. J. , was as learned and organized as anyone could want. She never seemed flustered and she extended herself in so many ways to help our group socialize. We stayed at centrally located hotels in each city that did so many kind things for all of us including helping us navigate computer based transactions as our house sold while we were on our trip! And there is not enough space for us to highlight all the skills of our bus driver Sandy. Anyone who can maneuver the narrow streets while driving a bus and remain smiling and cheerful has the Moeller vote.
We had a great time as we always do with Go Ahead.
The Moeller's-David and Cheryl

2017-07-14

First GoAhead Tour - Loved it.

"Although I had traveled with EF before, this was my first GoAhead tour, and I loved it. All my international travel experiences have been through this company. Nothing beats the ease of mind you have when you have a full-time tour director with you on your journey. There was a great balance of planned activities and free time. The hotels were excellent, and I was impressed and very content with the included meals. Once I got home, I couldn't wait to book another trip through GoAhead."

2017-07-13

you meet really nice people

" we have done two tours, the first was fabulous to budapest, vienna and prague. tour guide was excellent. very knowledgeable and professional. hotels were also good, the dinner you provide are of poor quality. we ate separately at the budapest hotel so we know they have excellent food, the dinner you gave for the welcoming was inferior. the last dinner in prague they ran out of food.

we recently went to spain. guide was okay is all I can say. the barcelona guide was terrible, it was obvious she was translating in her head, not speaking fluently. the trip to monseratt was a disaster. being sunday it took close to an hour after arriving for the bus to park and have us disembark. as the guide was contracted to be back in barcelona at 2 it left us almost no time. a complete waste of money and time. very disappointing.

2017-07-13

Great Time.

"We had a great time the hotels where top notch. The tour guide knew his stuff and pointed out stuff to due on our free days. The food at the hotels was outstanding . "

Share Go Ahead Tours's store rating

Go Ahead Tours is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Go Ahead Tours is a merchant member
Go Ahead Tours participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,383 merchant members.