Stores > Go Ahead Tours

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.92/10 8.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.44/10 9.44/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.28/10 9.28/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.14/10 9.14/10
Voice your opinion! Review Go Ahead Tours by clicking a star below.
2017-09-12

consistently positive experiences with this company

"I took my first trip with Go Ahead several years ago, and have traveled with them each year since. The itineraries are well-planned and thorough, the hotels have all been really nice, the restaurants and meals are great, and Go Ahead has the best tour directors around! Very knowledgeable and fun. Looking forward to my upcoming trips!"

2017-09-12

Cheap trip, pay for what is received.

"No WiFi on the bus, interior falling apart. Hotel with deficiencies, not near town. Cheap entry to things that had better options, if known about. Late info on hotel booked into is standard with GoAhead and why I likely will pick another tour company next time.

Guide was good. Driver was excellent. Program was as planned and why tried GoAhead. I can see this being a good agency for student groups, where they began. Stick to students who don't care if the elevators, telephones and televisions work.

Rep reply posted Sep-14-2017

A rep from Go Ahead Tours, GoAheadTours_KN, has responded

“Hello Pat,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're sorry that aspects of your tour did not meet expectation. We are sending your feedback regarding the hotel and bus quality to our operations team, so that they can ensure that we are offering a high quality experience for our future travelers. We value customer feedback and understand that you have shared your experience with a member of our team. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further concerns or questions!”

2017-09-09

Great First Experience in Southeast Asia

"GoAhead did a great job introducing us to the food, culture, and people of Vietnam and Cambodia! Fantastic itinerary, wonderful guides, and a great way to experience Southeast Asia for the first time."

2017-09-08

Go Ahead Tours Are Awesome

"I've been on 13 Go Ahead Tours and each one has been a great experience. Either it's traveling by myself or with family and friends. Go Ahead is there to make your trip memorable. I love Go Ahead Tours because they are detailed, have great costumer services and their Staff is awesome. Also the trips are worth the price. "

2017-09-08

Amazing!

"I was initially a little nervous about booking a tour with my 10 year old daughter as I wasn't sure how family friendly it would really be. I asked a lot of questions before booking and customer support was always helpful and reassuring. I am so glad I decided to book the trip! GoAhead took care of all the details and our hotels were all perfectly located. Our tour guide was fun and knowledgeable about the areas we toured and offered suggestions on restaurants and entertainment on days we had free time to explore. We did so much and saw so much in the time we had in each location and we shared so many memories my daughter and I will never forget. This was our first tour with GoAhead but it certainly won't be our last!"

2017-09-07

Scotland's Castles 2017

"Tour was very good, informative , interesting. Guide was a native of Glasgow and was very happy to share stories of his native city and the rest of the country. He took excellent care of us throughout the tour, and his humor made the trip all the more enjoyable. The other travelers in the group were a congenial band who seemed to take seriously the need for timely departures from various venues. The driver too was an excellent person to have along for the ride. He was safety conscious and efficient in getting us around the country, especially on the narrow spots on the Isle of Skye. Glad I went on the trip and looking forward to traveling with Go Ahead again in another part of the world. John H"

2017-09-06

Fun, Organized, & Unforgettable!

"Okay, where do I start? My mom and I had been planning on taking a trip like this since I was 12 years old, and go ahead tours made that dream possible, affordable, and easy. With this trip, I was able to get the most for my money and I finally got to see Notre Dame, The Westminster Abbey (and Big Ben!), the London Eye, Mont St. Michel, The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, The Palace of Versailles, The Champs Elysees, L'Arc de Triomphe, and so much more. London and Paris are massive, beautiful cities - and I got to see the best parts of it with our amazing tour guide, Carol. Not only was she educated on everything, but she was witty, organized, and always had a back up plan. Our group was really wonderful, and I truly felt like our days were filled with plenty of sightseeing, eating great food, exploring, shopping, and so much history/culture. On the coast of Normandy, I felt truly blessed to walk the shores of Omaha beach where my ancestors once fought the D-Day battles. In London, my Mom and I braved "the Tube" and found our way to a unique medieval-style dinner and show, and in Paris, we explored the catacombs that sit below the city that were roughly 238 stairs down and back. We really took advantage of the days where we had free time and saw a can-can show, went to Picadilly Circus, visited Madame Tussaud's wax museum, etc. Of course, there was so much more - but it's hard to explain every little bit (besides, half the fun is experiencing it for yourself) but overall, I had a great trip, I loved all of our guides, and if I'm looking to go on a trip again, I will definitely look to go ahead tours. This was trip of a life time, and it was really amazing to see all of my little dreams come to life in the span of 11 days with the person I look up to the most. Thank you!"

2017-09-02

Excellent

"Iceland was wonderful but the guide made the trip special! As did our driver...Gunnar and Ivar, thank you!"

2017-08-31

Truly the highlights

"This tour can be exhausting because of the travels within and between countries, but we found the results worth the effort. You will see in person many of the sites each country is known for and get to experience a little of the local flavors during the times you are on your own. We had an exceptional tour director in Thomas who was quietly methodical and thorough in his preparations and ability to deal with the unexpected.

We also found a degree of flexibility built into the itinerary that allowed us to visit a museum (Kon Tiki) in Oslo that was made possible by Thomas and a great bus driver.

Most of the local guides were good with some (Bergen, Stockholm, Uppsala...) very competent and entertaining. In terms of hotels, we had only one less than top notch accommodation (Oslo) as it was under renovation.

I think we more fully appreciated what we saw and experienced once we got home and reviewed photos taken. The hectic schedule is what made it all possible. And the Goahead staff---from those in the states to those on the ground in the countries we visited---made it all happen.

2017-08-31

Best Trip Ever!!

"Loved the whole tour, locations, accomodations, but best of all, our tour director David Poulin made everything soooooo great. Very fun, knowledgable, educational and always on point, worried about our comfort and experience"

Terrific Tour Company

"I have taken 4 vacations with Go-Ahead Tours ;they do a great job with the itinerary for all of their tours. Also, they have excellent tour directors, informative local guides, and they offer very nice hotels for all of their venues. A good thing about this company is that they give you a nice amount of free time so that you can do things with your friends independent of the tour. My only complaint is that they could offer more dinners with their tours. Still, my friends and myself have thoroughly enjoyed all of the vacations that we took with Go-Ahead Tours."

Awesome Trip

"It really was a lovely trip. Everything was planned well. Our tour director Dave made our trip extra special. I can only say mega thanks Dave."

AFRICA ADVENTURE

"MY WIFE AND I REALLY ENJOYED OUR TRIP TO KENYA AND TANZANIA.
THE ACCOMADATIONS WERE GREAT, FOOD WAS EXCELLANT AND GUIDES WERE VERY HELPFUL

Exceptional Travel Experiences!

"Go Ahead is my "Go To" when I am planning to travel. I've enjoyed many adventures with Go Ahead. Some of the reasons for choosing Go Ahead include exceptional tour directors who are knowledgeable and helpful (and fun!), itineraries that ensure we get the most from our vacation time, flexibility to participate in Go Ahead activities or to strike out on our own, flexible travel arrangements (we can stay longer if we so choose), accommodations that are well-located and of good quality, and ground transportation that is dependable and comfortable. I appreciate that some of the meals are included in the price as it makes budgeting for the time away easier. I always feel that I have enjoyed great value for my money. I feel safe and confident traveling with Go Ahead, and as a result I often include my grandchildren in my travel plans. I love the Go Ahead experience and will never travel any other way!"

2017-08-26

Solo Traveler

"I'm a solo traveler and have taken four trips so far with Go Ahead. I love the ease of not worrying what to plan and when. They take care of all the details. The hardest part is deciding what beautiful city I want to explore! "

Share Go Ahead Tours's store rating

Go Ahead Tours is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Go Ahead Tours is a merchant member
Go Ahead Tours participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,436 merchant members.