GoHastings Coupons
  • Rating 3.00/10 96 reviews

GoHastings is not a merchant member
    GoHastings does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • GoHastings contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Refused to honor a placed order. Sent me a token number of items ordered. They took my money but refused to honor the order. Very mean spirited customer support. Will never do business again. "

modified review This review was modified by Ishiban on December 23 2013 02:36:06 PM

"What an absolute nightmare. I ordered an Atari, and because the billing and shipping addresses were different (for God's sake, it's a Christmas present), they called the RECIPIENT'S address to notify them that there was a discrepancy. EVERY TIME I CALLED OR EMAILED, THEY WERE CLOSED and I got automated responses to my emails. When they were finally open today, I spent over half an hour on hold before finally reaching a condescending, arrogant employee who told me they'd cancelled my order. I'll never ever order online, nor will I set foot in their store."

modified review This review was modified by Andalucia on December 16 2013 04:52:04 PM

"Ordered a PS4 game which was delivered unprotected therefor completely destroyed during transit. Submitted all the evidence they asked for to then basically tell me they didnt care. That that was not their problem, even though it was them that packaged it irresponsibly with not protection whatsover. Im not stuck with the bill and no replacement either. Merry Christmas. Will be reporting to BBB and other agencies along with my bank. Been a loyal customer for years. This is the treatment I received. Thanks GoHastings. Real classy"

modified review This review was modified by AngryGohastings on December 05 2013 05:25:52 AM

"I tried 4 times to place an order with gohastings.com and was told every time that my transaction could not be completed. I called their customer service line to try to resolve the problem, i waited on hold for 25 to 30 minutes the most rude woman answered the phone, she was so rude that i asked to speak to a manager and was told one was not available(big surprise!).
i hung up the phone and called back to speak with another customer service rep and found out that she had processed the order, I told the rep to cancel the order.
two days later i checked my account and found out that not only had they not canceled my order, they had processed my order 4 separate times placing just under $400 in holds on my account, when i called to correct the problem i was told there wasn't anything they could do and i would have to wait 7 days for them to release the holds on my account.
I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME.

modified review This review was modified by Orion5887 on November 27 2013 10:22:44 AM

"Lousy customer service. Refused to exchange a blue ray for a nomral dvd, then sent me back the blu ray one again! How much trouble would it have been to just send the right dvd? Very annoying and stupid--don't use these people."

modified review This review was modified by rhemphill on November 20 2013 07:28:31 AM

"I attempted to order from Hastings.com three different times. Five books each time. The first set took approx a month to recieve. I order the other books approx 2-3 weeks apart. The second and third set never arrived. I asked for my money back and had to call on three seperate occasions to get " ALL" my money returned. They were going to try to charge me shipping for heavens sake!!! I will NEVER order from them and wouldn't recommend them to anyone!!! They are not apologetic. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he was too busy.... Go figure!!! This company does not stand behind their word AT ALL!!!! I told them I was going to write a review and they replied... Go ahead. No wonder they have such a low rating. I think I will give BBB a call too. Very very disappointed!!!"

modified review This review was modified by LavondaN on September 06 2013 03:20:49 PM

"They ship fast and I've ordered many Manga and movies from them through amazon as well as through ebay. Everything I've gotten I have been so happy with! Condition is usually good too. Sadly I think most these reviews come from people who are very mad with their orders; so they find a place to complain when many others don't write a review but they are very happy!Honestly I never care about my book's condition unless it has missing pages so I'm fine if they send a book a little damaged. So that risk is nothing to me."

modified review This review was modified by alatoxic on August 09 2013 10:59:14 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"Tried one method of paying, didnt go through. caused funds to pend for 8days. Tried another payment took the funds says it didnt bank charged me for no funds(had funds) then after i got the items they tried pulling the funds again and got another bank fee. I dont trust the payment, i dont think i'll buy unless its like a prepaid card or something. over all prices were cheap, but i had more bank fees then the amount i bought!"

modified review This review was modified by Skullkid on August 09 2013 04:05:08 PM

"This company is going downhill fast. I bought a DVD advertised on their website clearly as "2 Disc set - Blu-Ray and DVD" When I only received 1 Disc they gave me an attitude saying "used dvds only come with 1 disc" Wow - they advertise one thing and ship you something else AND they wanted me to pay return postage, Yes this really happened. Horrible merchant."

"I ordered a dvd through Amazon. When I've ordered in the past where Amazon is the shipper, I've received my order within a week. I recently ordered a dvd with GoHastings through Amazon and the delivery date is over 3 weeks! Unbelievable. Are they sending it pony express? Thank God that this is rare because if it took this long for any other supplier online they would be out of business. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in hopes that they are wrong about this delivery but I think that 3 weeks is a bit extreme considering that Amazon can mail their stuff within a week, even days. "

"Bought a used blu/dvd set. The order and paper when I received it said it would be 2 disk and have both the bluray and dvd. I received it in a used dvd box with a bluray outer paper which it didnt even fit with only the dvd in it. I called costumer service and they told me that used means it could be missing pieces? It said nothing about it missing pieces on the order or on my order paper. This use to be a good store its went downhill. I use to order hundreds of books for our school library but now with all the mistakes(now one per order it seems) its just not worth it anymore. They also said they couldn't send me the right item( so I wouldn't have to pay shipping again) because they just don't do that. So basically they don't make things right. They rip you off and do nothing about it. "

modified review This review was modified by neokitty on July 05 2013 03:44:49 PM

"Recently purchased used cd's on line through Amazon and the service was excellent,the quality of the cd was like new and it arrived a day sooner then expected,would definitely reccomend this company,they are reputable"

modified review This review was modified by TCarey on July 04 2013 11:08:27 AM
JackOfAllGames's Avatar
Novac, NV

"Wow. I can't believe all the negative reviews on here! I have purchased well over 100 items from GoHastings.com now. I typically buy used books, DVDs, and Blu-Rays from them. Their website is a pain to use, but everything else about them more than makes up for it.

They always ship quickly. Items from them often arrive in 2-3 days (using the slowest shipping rate). They almost always arrive with the disks in excellent condition. They have some of the cheapest prices on the internet - both items and shipping. They OFTEN have 30% to 40% off sales on their already-low prices.

I've only had a couple problems with them since I started buying from them and their customer service has always made things right by me.

GoHastings.com is my favorite place to shop for media online or offline. I'd highly recommend them.

modified review This review was modified by JackOfAllGames on April 30 2013 09:16:08 AM

"Seeing a lot of bad reviews I was really cautions before buying from GoHastings.com however I purchased an Action Cam Swann Freestyle HD for basically half of the price and everything went smooth! I even thought this could be a refurbished or open box but to my surprise I received the package yesterday and the product was factory sealed! I even called their customer service and I was promptly helped and got a satisfactory answer about my shipment.
I will buy again for sure! Great experience!

Rating 4/102/5

"GoHastings used to be the one website I'd go to when I needed to buy Manga, or Japanese Graphic Novels. They consistently had sales that allowed consumers to take 30-40% off their purchase, which made it more bearable for me to buy books that I'd been wanting to read for over a decade yet couldn't find anywhere else for less than retail. To date, I've bought over 300 manga from Hastings.

Lately, Hastings has started discriminating against those who buy manga in their Used Sales. It started on Black Friday 2012, where only "Vampire" manga was on sale, and now today on Valentine's Day, they flat-out say in their 33% off used CDs, movies, and BOOKS sale, "Offer excludes Graphic Novels." Graphic Novels no longer qualify as books to them. This is at least the sixth time since Black Friday they've excluded Manga, but to put it right on the ad image this time is the final nail in the coffin.

You were great while you lasted, Hastings. It's no wonder your store in Memphis closed down with such garbage ways you treat repeat graphic novel customers. I've had enough.