Stores > GoHastings

Product & services pricing Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"Horrible experience - they resell books with mini figures (e.g. Lego books), taking away the mini figures (to also sell it on the side) without disclosing that the book does not contain the minifigure and then hide behind their policy "we do not guarantee the extra features". So, if the mini figure in a book with mini-figure is "bonus" why are they then calling the book they sell "action figure book".
And, there is no need to complain because their customer service representatives are like broken record - rudely interrupting (Lauren was the name of the person I spoke too) reciting what I am assuming is a script.

This review was modified by Lorinkov on November 23 2015 03:07:13 PM

"On more than one occasion, I have ordered from them and had issues. Items being out of stock, getting a rental copy instead of a two disc blu ray and other issues. They do NOTHING about their mistakes.

My most recent experience started with me thinking I had gotten very lucky and bought the last two of a certain comic book. Bought on Friday 11/06 and then exactly a WEEK later I get an email that reads...

"Thank you for placing an order with goHastings.com. We wanted to let you know that your order has been completed.

The following item(s) on your order cancelled:"

Pretty sad when waiting a full week and cancelling your whole order is referred to as your "order being completed". NO apology, not even a 10% discount offered on another purchase....

NOTHING. I will never buy from them again.

This review was modified by PreacherCruz on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"I'm surprised they are still in business with their lousy inventory system. I made an online order and they said from the time my order was processed the item was sold out. Great, but they still charged me for it the first day and didn't send me the cancellation notification until almost a week later. I understand if things have to get cancelled, just let me know when you are out of stock, not a week later when I can't find it anywhere else. I even passed up buying at another retailer since I saw that my card was charged."

This review was modified by dntr on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"This has to be the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They are like robots who read from a script like "we apologize but there is nothing that we can do. This decision is final." What happens is the item shows in stock on their website and after you place the order about a week later you get an email that says the item is canceled. I saw another item on their site after I was notified my order was canceled and the rep, Lori, said I see its in stock, go ahead and place the order and we will give you a 40% discount. After I placed the order I received an email from Gohastings customer service saying we will not honor that discount. I called the next day and they said the 2nd order I place is canceled because it's not in stock. Don't waste your time trying to call because they will DO NOTHING to make it right. STAY FAR AWAY from this site. Try secondspin.com"

This review was modified by mikeyboxx on November 12 2015 11:44:01 AM

"My first purchase with GoHastings was through eBay. I had a good experience purchasing a used blu-ray so I decided to try shopping directly through their site.

At the time of my second order, GoHastings had a great deal going on for used items so I purchased 5 used blu-rays and 1 used CD. One of the items I ordered was canceled the next day because it was not in stock. This was the only problem with my order and is the reason why I am giving them 4 stars instead of 5. It would be nice if their inventory was up to the minute so when you complete your order, there are no surprises the next day.

The remaining items shipped from various locations and I received all by day 9. This was expected. Everything I received was in very good condition. Considering what I paid, I feel I got quite a bargain.

I am really surprised at their ResellerRatings reviews. I do think, though, that people have a tendency to not leave reviews if everything is OK, and are ready to post complaints everywhere they can when something goes wrong. Granted, I didn't have to deal with customer service, so I can't address that part of their business. Time will tell if my opinion will change because of poor customer service, but at this point, I would not hesitate shopping with GoHastings in the future.

"Ordered mass effect 2 collectors edition for my mass effect collection. The product was listed as collectors edition at checkout and recieved a standard copy. They offered a refund but not to check if the product I thought I purchased was in stock. Hastings was one of my favorite stores but I'll probably choose amazon or Barnes and Noble for my future entertainment and literature needs."

"Placed an order for 3 used blu-rays and applied valid promo code. Discount appeared to be applied on every screen until the order was placed and the final invoice showed that I would be charged the regular full amount. I called customer service to make sure that promo discount would be applied. I explained my situation and waited on hold for 10 minutes to be told that only one item qualified for a credit back, which made no sense because the promo code was for buy 2 or more used, get 33% off all items. There is a huge disconnect between the gohastings site and the group answering its support calls. The site will charge you whatever it chooses and your only recourse is to return your order and eat the shipping costs. Never ordering from this company again!"

"Ordered 3 books, 2 shipped, not as described. After 20 emails with their customer support team, still no refund, I had to file a paypal claim a few days ago. Stay away. Terrible service."

This review was modified by NWLD on October 03 2015 03:02:10 PM

"stay away from go hastings. they will not send you what you ordered. placed 3 orders with them in a month. every order was incomplete or wrong when it arrived. unless you like spending time with customer service and standing in line at the post office to send back your go hasting returns - stay the hell away from this company."

"dreadful customer service. ordered a 2 part dvd set, received half of the order. was told I had to return what I had received so that they could turn around and send it right back to me with the other half of the dvd set. they refused to use common sense and just send me the other half, rather they tried to inconvenience me into just forgetting about it. I would NEVER order anything for gohastings again."

"Hastings is one of the worst companies with which I have had the displeasure of dealing. When I purchased books in their store, I was told I was eligible to receive three 3-month subscriptions to magazines of my choice. The cashier handed me a list and I just chose three random ones because I didn't really care about receiving them. The only reason I chose three is that I didn't see how something free could hurt. What they did not bother to tell me was that they would use my debit card information from my purchase to give to the magazine company so that, after three months, they could begin charging me for the magazines I didn't care about. When I called customer service, they couldn't have cared less about the situation or the flawed business practices. I will never purchase anything from this corrupt company again."

"I ordered a book for a class I was taking. I was told I would have it in 3-10 days I called 7 days later and was told it was in their warehouse. 14 days later I called again to find out it still had not shipped and that they NEVER had the book in the first place. I told them to cancel the order.

I was feel I miss lead and told them I will never order from them again.

This review was modified by Crosshair on May 04 2015 10:44:23 AM

"I don't how this shady business still exist with it's nefarious selling and customer service practices.

They sell broken product and then their canned answers make you feel like it's your fault.

Their return process is a joke. They either want you to pay for it, or they will pay but without tracking. So you hope it arrives to receive your refund up to 21 days later.

There are far too many other places that sell the same items without the headaches and broken product.

"I ordered a DVD from them (through Amazon), and the item quality was listed as "Good".

It arrived today (I guess they've gotten better about shipping), in very poor quality. The digipack case has been torn to pieces and the front, spine and back have been shoved haphazardly into a rental case. One of the three discs is just sitting loose in the new case, and is smudged and scratched to hell.

I am reporting this to Amazon as well.

This review was modified by Totz-the-Plaid on April 13 2015 11:13:13 AM

"Will not order from this company again. Product was listed on ebay, amazon and gohastings.com. Ordered from gohastings.com and was cancelled 7 days later. "

This review was modified by kevin7215 on March 27 2015 11:12:25 AM

Share GoHastings's store rating

GoHastings is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GoHastings is not a merchant member
GoHastings does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!