Stores > GoHastings

• GoHastings

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2016-05-09

Purchases are not honored--the old "unavailable" trick

"I ordered an available DVD using a discount code. (It was in stock on their web site.) GoHastings never sent it. About a week after the order, GoHastings told me that the item was not in stock. I immediately saw that GoHastings was selling it on Amazon Marketplace for a much higher price; and the next business day, GoHastings' own web site was also selling it at the higher price. When I made an email inquiry, I was told "tough luck, re-order at the higher price." I called by phone and was told the same thing. Nothing but deceptive excuses."

2016-02-19

stole my money

"I ordered a soa ash tray through amazon which went to them the ash tray was 30 dollars then 3 weeks later I got my ash tray only to see that it wasn't the one I ordered but a 8 dollar ash tray. I called customer and they were awful I talked to a supervisor and he was a jerk asked to speak to his boss and he said he doesn't have one don't think I was talking to the owner. They won't give me a refund they stole 22 dollars from me I have bought many things from movie stop which sells their items but I will never spend another cent with them
And after reading the reviews on here I wish I would have read first bf ordering bc they steal lots of people's money. Never shop shame on amazon for selling their items I thought I could trust amazon with my purchase but no will not buy on amazon till they get rid of go hastings

This review was modified by crazyfoolpunx on February 19 2016 03:18:00 PM

2016-02-12

Just like others

"Just like most other reviews, they are one of the worse companies in term of customer service. I ordered 2 games when they were having a special. They sent the games, however one was for the wrong platform. I called and they said they will refund once I send the game back but will not honor the price on the correct item. Who does that?! They screwed up and sent wrong one. Anyhow, that was my last purchase."

This review was modified by RayA11 on February 12 2016 03:32:41 PM

2016-01-12

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

"Stay away from Gohastings.com. They will lie and steal from you, send you damaged, broken, defective items and refuse to do anything. They're one of the most evil companies I've ever seen worse than some scam sites."

2015-12-22

"Horrible experience with GoHastings. Do not ever buy from this seller. I recently bought battlefield hardline deluxe edition on a Black Friday deal for 55$ I received Battlefield hardline(not the deluxe Edition) called company ask them to honor there mistake and they wouldn't this is absolutely absurd. Any Normal company would honor there mistake and send what you paid for. "

This review was modified by Payten7022 on December 22 2015 08:49:13 AM

2015-12-22

"Do not purchase from this company. Their policy and business acumen is laughable. I ordered a $7.00 item from their website and after 14 days of it being late and tracking showing the item in Dallas, TX when I live in Alpharetta, GA... They still can't refund the item till the 15th day. One day is worth losing a long time customer. This company is a JOKE. Do yourself a favor... Let Amazon monopolize the online ordering business and let companies like GoHastings go bankrupt on their rigid policies and terrible customer service. "

2015-11-23

"Horrible experience - they resell books with mini figures (e.g. Lego books), taking away the mini figures (to also sell it on the side) without disclosing that the book does not contain the minifigure and then hide behind their policy "we do not guarantee the extra features". So, if the mini figure in a book with mini-figure is "bonus" why are they then calling the book they sell "action figure book".
And, there is no need to complain because their customer service representatives are like broken record - rudely interrupting (Lauren was the name of the person I spoke too) reciting what I am assuming is a script.

This review was modified by Lorinkov on November 23 2015 03:07:13 PM

2015-11-13

"On more than one occasion, I have ordered from them and had issues. Items being out of stock, getting a rental copy instead of a two disc blu ray and other issues. They do NOTHING about their mistakes.

My most recent experience started with me thinking I had gotten very lucky and bought the last two of a certain comic book. Bought on Friday 11/06 and then exactly a WEEK later I get an email that reads...

"Thank you for placing an order with goHastings.com. We wanted to let you know that your order has been completed.

The following item(s) on your order cancelled:"

Pretty sad when waiting a full week and cancelling your whole order is referred to as your "order being completed". NO apology, not even a 10% discount offered on another purchase....

NOTHING. I will never buy from them again.

This review was modified by PreacherCruz on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-12

"I'm surprised they are still in business with their lousy inventory system. I made an online order and they said from the time my order was processed the item was sold out. Great, but they still charged me for it the first day and didn't send me the cancellation notification until almost a week later. I understand if things have to get cancelled, just let me know when you are out of stock, not a week later when I can't find it anywhere else. I even passed up buying at another retailer since I saw that my card was charged."

This review was modified by dntr on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-10

"This has to be the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They are like robots who read from a script like "we apologize but there is nothing that we can do. This decision is final." What happens is the item shows in stock on their website and after you place the order about a week later you get an email that says the item is canceled. I saw another item on their site after I was notified my order was canceled and the rep, Lori, said I see its in stock, go ahead and place the order and we will give you a 40% discount. After I placed the order I received an email from Gohastings customer service saying we will not honor that discount. I called the next day and they said the 2nd order I place is canceled because it's not in stock. Don't waste your time trying to call because they will DO NOTHING to make it right. STAY FAR AWAY from this site. Try secondspin.com"

This review was modified by mikeyboxx on November 12 2015 11:44:01 AM

2015-10-23

"My first purchase with GoHastings was through eBay. I had a good experience purchasing a used blu-ray so I decided to try shopping directly through their site.

At the time of my second order, GoHastings had a great deal going on for used items so I purchased 5 used blu-rays and 1 used CD. One of the items I ordered was canceled the next day because it was not in stock. This was the only problem with my order and is the reason why I am giving them 4 stars instead of 5. It would be nice if their inventory was up to the minute so when you complete your order, there are no surprises the next day.

The remaining items shipped from various locations and I received all by day 9. This was expected. Everything I received was in very good condition. Considering what I paid, I feel I got quite a bargain.

I am really surprised at their ResellerRatings reviews. I do think, though, that people have a tendency to not leave reviews if everything is OK, and are ready to post complaints everywhere they can when something goes wrong. Granted, I didn't have to deal with customer service, so I can't address that part of their business. Time will tell if my opinion will change because of poor customer service, but at this point, I would not hesitate shopping with GoHastings in the future.

2015-10-16

"Ordered mass effect 2 collectors edition for my mass effect collection. The product was listed as collectors edition at checkout and recieved a standard copy. They offered a refund but not to check if the product I thought I purchased was in stock. Hastings was one of my favorite stores but I'll probably choose amazon or Barnes and Noble for my future entertainment and literature needs."

2015-10-07

"Placed an order for 3 used blu-rays and applied valid promo code. Discount appeared to be applied on every screen until the order was placed and the final invoice showed that I would be charged the regular full amount. I called customer service to make sure that promo discount would be applied. I explained my situation and waited on hold for 10 minutes to be told that only one item qualified for a credit back, which made no sense because the promo code was for buy 2 or more used, get 33% off all items. There is a huge disconnect between the gohastings site and the group answering its support calls. The site will charge you whatever it chooses and your only recourse is to return your order and eat the shipping costs. Never ordering from this company again!"

2015-10-03

"Ordered 3 books, 2 shipped, not as described. After 20 emails with their customer support team, still no refund, I had to file a paypal claim a few days ago. Stay away. Terrible service."

This review was modified by NWLD on October 03 2015 03:02:10 PM

2015-08-11

"stay away from go hastings. they will not send you what you ordered. placed 3 orders with them in a month. every order was incomplete or wrong when it arrived. unless you like spending time with customer service and standing in line at the post office to send back your go hasting returns - stay the hell away from this company."

Share GoHastings's store rating

GoHastings is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GoHastings is not a merchant member
GoHastings does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!