• GoHastings

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10

"dreadful customer service. ordered a 2 part dvd set, received half of the order. was told I had to return what I had received so that they could turn around and send it right back to me with the other half of the dvd set. they refused to use common sense and just send me the other half, rather they tried to inconvenience me into just forgetting about it. I would NEVER order anything for gohastings again."

"Hastings is one of the worst companies with which I have had the displeasure of dealing. When I purchased books in their store, I was told I was eligible to receive three 3-month subscriptions to magazines of my choice. The cashier handed me a list and I just chose three random ones because I didn't really care about receiving them. The only reason I chose three is that I didn't see how something free could hurt. What they did not bother to tell me was that they would use my debit card information from my purchase to give to the magazine company so that, after three months, they could begin charging me for the magazines I didn't care about. When I called customer service, they couldn't have cared less about the situation or the flawed business practices. I will never purchase anything from this corrupt company again."

"I ordered a book for a class I was taking. I was told I would have it in 3-10 days I called 7 days later and was told it was in their warehouse. 14 days later I called again to find out it still had not shipped and that they NEVER had the book in the first place. I told them to cancel the order.

I was feel I miss lead and told them I will never order from them again.

This review was modified by Crosshair on May 04 2015 10:44:23 AM

"I don't how this shady business still exist with it's nefarious selling and customer service practices.

They sell broken product and then their canned answers make you feel like it's your fault.

Their return process is a joke. They either want you to pay for it, or they will pay but without tracking. So you hope it arrives to receive your refund up to 21 days later.

There are far too many other places that sell the same items without the headaches and broken product.

"I ordered a DVD from them (through Amazon), and the item quality was listed as "Good".

It arrived today (I guess they've gotten better about shipping), in very poor quality. The digipack case has been torn to pieces and the front, spine and back have been shoved haphazardly into a rental case. One of the three discs is just sitting loose in the new case, and is smudged and scratched to hell.

I am reporting this to Amazon as well.

This review was modified by Totz-the-Plaid on April 13 2015 11:13:13 AM

"Will not order from this company again. Product was listed on ebay, amazon and gohastings.com. Ordered from gohastings.com and was cancelled 7 days later. "

This review was modified by kevin7215 on March 27 2015 11:12:25 AM

"I am a student of health science. I ordered a text book from this "irresponsible gohastings "through Amazon. So I can get my book before go to class. After couple days, I found out that the book was removed from my order lists when I was trying to track my order status. Then I called Amazon customer care, and they said the seller cancel the order. Gohastings didn't even think to let me know about canceling order. No email, call nothing. How stupid seller are they. If they would notify me, I could order the book somewhere else. It's really a harassment. Be aware before you order anything from gohastings. Amazon should remove this type of seller from their lists. "

This review was modified by Jcbina on March 26 2015 02:47:16 PM

"Sold an open box or used item as new. When an item, especially a media item, is purchased New, it is expected to be in new condition with the original manufacturer's seal, not in used/open box condition. It was also missing the registration card for exclusive online benefits.

Customer service was unreachable at the 877-427-8464 number that was provided.

In short, avoid Hastings like the plague or ebola. Shady wouldn't begin to describe the level of poor experience this transaction had.

This review was modified by mswny on March 14 2015 01:42:09 PM

"I placed an order for a LEGO set on the 2nd of March with a gift card and credit card and paid for expedited shipping. I didn't get an email that it shipped until the 4th when they say it usually ships within 24 hours and I ordered it in the morning. It did ship so much as a shipping label was created. The location where the label was created is 7 hours from where I live so I expected it to come within two days. A week later I send an e-mail regarding the shipment and why it has taken so long. The first response I get just told me my tracking number. I didn't need the tracking number and so I responded so. I asked why it was taking so long. I get another response saying that estimated shipping time is 3-15 days. That is ridiculous. I paid for faster shipping (3-5 even though regular shipping is 3-10) so it should have come no later than the 10th. I checked the tracking number today and after 6 days I get an update in the shipment. It is 7 hours FURTHER from my location. I don't even know how that happened. I then got an e-mail later today saying I was refunded because I did not receive my order on time. I called customer service and a nice young woman answered my question that I would still receive my order but later (at this time frame I'm hoping before May but honestly I don't even know). I was refunded all credit on the gift card but the 0.19 I paid with card will take time. I don't care about that but this was just piss poor service. I will never order anything online again."

"Garbage company. NEVER purchase ANYTHING from them. This company should be expelled from selling on Amazon (I am actually working on that) they are lie and sell broken merchandise. The shipping times are beyond ridiculous and are never made clear to the customer. When you contact there customer service, they are rude, and just send out formatted email responses. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. Take my advice and the advice of several other reviewers. "

This review was modified by pissedoffatgohastings on February 15 2015 04:31:56 PM

"oh my god I will never order from this company eve again.
I placed an order for 3 movies dec 12th thinking they would come before Christmas boy was I wrong took 10 days for the first item to get here, 14 for the second and its now jan 7th and still havnt received the 3rd.
I called after 14 days and asked where my 3rd item is and was told shipping hasn't updated and they don't know and theres nothing they can do till the 7th of jan I was furious but I waited till jan 7th still no item. called them up and all there willing to do is refund my money for that item 3.99 I said what that's it your not going to offer me a store credit or anything as a sorry for wasting your time making you wait 26 days. spoke to a manager and she said the same thing and said sorry shes as high up as they come and I cant speak to anyone else.

"Got a GTA 5 for Xbox one, said it was brand new, wouldn't install. Tried multiple times. It is actually illegal for them to remove the original packaging when it's a brand new game. They should not have removed the sticker from the side of the game box. I can also see through the disc from the back to the front. It's an illegal copy. DONT EVER BUY FROM THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY EVER AGAIN!"

"To add insult to the purchase that was defected and because I trusted Hasting to send out items as listed I did not open or start the computer until Nov...in which I was going to give to my daughter for birthday present after it was not start I checked the description on the computer and they shipped an xp window instead of a window 7. I am telling all my friends once a day for 218 days the amount of money I spent on this computer on facebook to not to buy any products from Hasting. This company is not a company they want to deal with when it comes to unopened products and shabby products sent out to their customers. I have waiting on the phone for over 3 hours yesterday trying to get resolution for this problem and refund and I get the same result after asking for marketing department or corporate office in which someone can make a decision they give me a run around so if I have to tweet, instagram, facebook or any other social means .... I will become a social media queen to advertise about you guys mistreatment of me....I am also planning on filing a report with the better business bureau so you guys can have a black mark against your status...it might take some energy and I might not ever get my 218 back but I will make sure I advertist to all my friends and all my friends friends not to purchase anything from hasting.

This review was modified by vickeybennett on December 19 2014 05:15:45 PM

"I've gotta say, I've ordered three items from them on eBay and am horribly displeased. Two of the items made it in reasonable time, but they never updated their shipping information. It still says the two items I ordered have received haven't been shipped. I'm writing this as I'm on hold for the second time. Customer service isn't particularly mean, though they are terribly unprofessional (humming loudly while helping me, being generally untrained, seeming horribly inconvenienced at all times). Turns out the CD I ordered for my dad for Christmas is out of stock and I was never notified. They claim they sent an email, which I have yet to find anywhere, including my junk mail. They appear to have good prices, but you get what you pay for -- abhorrent communication, sloppy customer service, and plenty of time wasted "

This review was modified by SnarkyPanther on December 16 2014 01:51:13 PM

"I bought a game through their website using a 20% discount coupon that was available. The website said it usually ships within 24 hrs and did not ship for 4 business days and cancelled automatically due to unavailability. Now I check ebay and amazon GoHastings listings and they are still selling the item that I ordered! How could that be? It is either they didn't want to sell me the item with the discount or they are falsely listing games without having in stock. This was a really horrible experience."

Share GoHastings's store rating

GoHastings is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GoHastings is not a merchant member
GoHastings does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!