GlassesUSACoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.95/10 3.95/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.21/10 4.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.28/10 2.28/10

"Safety Glasses Cracked in Less Than a Year; GlassesUSA Refused to Send Replacement Pair

I bought a pair of prescription racquetball safety glasses from GlassesUSA. I was pleased with the glasses when I got them, although there was a frustrating shipping delay. Last week, however, when I came off the court, I noticed the frames had unexpectedly cracked, even though I hadn’t been hit by a racquet or ball. I wrote an email and sent a photo of the cracked frames. Much to my surprise and disappointment, GlassesUSA refused to send a replacement pair, offering instead a $65.98 store credit on my “next purchase.”

I followed up with Kevin Hamm, Customer Service Manager, who refused to budge from the company’s written refund policy. The policy advises that, unless the customer pays extra for a 20/20 warrantee, GlassesUSA will cover only 50%, and only towards another purchase in the "unlikely event" they break after 14 days but within a year. Even worse, since I used a first-time buyer coupon when I bought the glasses, the $65.98 doesn’t even cover 50% of the replacement cost—only 50% of what I paid!

Considering the “safety glasses” broke for no apparent reason and the company’s unwillingness to stand behind its product, I am starting to wonder whether the glasses would have saved me from eye injury if I had been hit. If you are a serious racquetball or squash player, look elsewhere.

"My first time ordering with GlassesUSA, have shopped at other online optical stores before. The quality of their lens is excellent, they keep you updated with emails on the progress of your frames, and their prices are very competitive. I had one small issue with the delivery service that they rectified, albeit not as timely as I would've expected from a company that's shown such great service. But it was resolved, two thumbs up for great service and I would buy again, for exceptional frames and prices!

Update: After reading a few of the other reviews, I'd like to clarify that they do take longer than other sites to finish your frames/lens (2-3 weeks, compared to a week or so with other, competing sites). However, this is because the quality of their lens IS better than their competitors. Even with the cheapest lens, the lens are clearer and more resistant than thinner lenses from their competitors - leading me to believe that their quality assurance and the attention they pay to the production of their lens is exceptional. If you have the time, these glasses are well worth the wait, and should last you for a very long time.

"Still don't have my glasses. Called today and was told they would ship between 11/1 and 11/4. I think I should have received an email or call advising me of this delay."

"I purchased two frames from Glasses usa last month , at first My order was mixed up and I had to wait an additional Two weeks for shipping and delivery , Upon Getting the frames delivered the glasses were to small for my face so I returned the merchandise . I am now on my four week of waiting for my refund , poor customer service , lack of communication via email . DO NOT ORDER GLASSES FROM GLASSES USA , I do not recommend their services"

"Need to speed up delivery"

"Ordering was easy, however I haven't yet received them and so I can't say how the process went yet. I do wish that the timing of the process was clearer and the number of days that it would take was stated clearly before I paid extra for quicker delivery. After I paid for that I found out that it would take at least 6 business days before they were sent out. I'm hopeful that this is the only glitch."

"The finished product is better than expected"

"i did not get my order and you people charged me for it

when could i get those glasses?

"I didn't like the frame I received. When I made a request for a return I came to know that no discount codes are applicable on store credit / exchange. I Will never again buy anything from glassesusa even if they offer it for free. GlassesUSA is a complete sham."

"I have not received my order yet. I ordered on Oct 14th and have received an email confirmation Oct 14th then another email Oct 21st stating that my lens's were not complete to their satisfaction."

"It's past the 10 days and I still don't have my glasses. And they are only open on weekdays to answer questions like that. I I am a very patient man but I need my glass. Grocery store glasses are not doing the trick."

"I will recommend this website to friends and family. My glasses were perfect upon delivery. "

"I ordered three pairs of bifocals on 10/13/14. On 10/21/14, an email told me one pair did not pass inspection, but that it would be "expedited" as a token of appreciation.

I placed a phone call on 10/22 to ask when the third pair would be ready and when the other two pairs would arrive since they were OK. GlassesUSA agent, Alberto, said he did not have access to the information about the re-manufactured pair finish date, and the other two pairs won't be shipped until all three are ready.

On the 23rd, angry with the situation, I called and spoke with a different agent, John. I asked the same questions, John said the third pair would be done on 10/28, all three would go through quality assurance which takes three days, then shipment would take five days, so all three would arrive around 11/07/14.

I was stunned to learn the other two pairs had not been inspected, nor shipped. I reminded John the email said the order would be "expedited" and that it did not sound like any part of the process was being expedited. John said he did not know why the email would say that because "it will still take the same amount of time".

John then added that in the system's notes it said that if I called again and was not happy, he could refund the $12.95 I paid for faster shipping. I asserted that the other two pairs should be sent now and shipped by overnight delivery. He said, "No, we don't ever ship overnight, the glasses still have to go through quality assurance which is three days, then you will receive an email with a tracking number ... five days later you should receive them."

I wrote an email to Kevin Hamm, customer service manager, and have no response.

Today I got the email for this survey about my satisfaction. HaHaHa! I don't even have one pair of glasses yet.

So far, this is a joke, and they don't care. Sad.

"Love the glasses and the lens. Great quality. However, the glasses were all bent out of shape when I received them - they didn't even adjust them before sending them to me. Also, I received the glasses long before I received an email saying that my glasses have shipped. So I received them within a week after purchase. "

"I am truly impressed with Glasses USA price and quality of the product. The delivery time was very satisfactory also. I plan to order another pair of glasses in the very near future!!"

GlassesUSA is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GlassesUSA is a merchant member
GlassesUSA participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,861 merchant members.