• Rating 1.50/10 22 reviews

Gilt Groupe is not a merchant member
    Gilt Groupe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Gilt Groupe contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10

"Buyers beware!! It's a scam... They advertise the wrong items. Assured me it was a dress, and showing as shipping a skirt. Pictures showing a dress and customer service confirmed it was a dress before i paid and after i paid i was told it is in fact a skirt. I told them thats not what i ordered and i dont need a skirt and I just found out they can`t cancel the order. Customer service is the worst. Their supervisor, Patrick, couldn't get me off the phone soon enough. He needed proof and asked to send him pictures. Here is the correspondence:
Mar 05 15:43:

Patrick,
Per our conversation, please look at the pictures below. What I committed on purchasing and was assured was what it's showing in the later pictures. The zesty orange dress as shown in the last pictures. The description says skirt but I was assured in fact that was a dress. I believe the skirt is what is shown in the first three pictures. The description on that one is Crepe Colorblock Sheath which is what I was assured I was buying. Please advise! Thank you

Lisa, Mar 06 07:33:

Thank you for contacting Gilt.

It would appear the item in your order is the skirt and not the dress. We would of course be happy to accept a full return on this if it is not what we advised you! I can also see the sheath dress was in your cart. I have reserved this for you for a further 72 hours.

to Gilt
Lisa,
i spoke to Patrick yesterday (was told he was the supervisor) and he asked me to email the pictures over. Patrick has all the background info. I would like to get the dress I was promised I was buying when I submitted my order. I did not purchase a skirt. I even called to make sure it was a dress and was assured it was. You guys need to figure this out and send me the item i was told i was getting. Patrick told me you don`t sell the dress and needed the pictures to verify that you do in fact have the dress. I would like to get what I saw on your website and what i was promised I was going to get when I called in to confirm, the dress!! I have been spending too many hours dealing with this. Somebody messed up the pictures but that isn't my problem. Patrick asked me to send the pics over to prove it and as discussed with him, I did. I`m not interested in the skirt, and that is not what i saw when i purchased it. I spent 10 mins on the phone before placing the purchase and was assured that it was in fact a dress. Again, I`m not interested in the skirt, i would like to receive the item I was promised, which is the dress. I have been very patient but it sounds like I`m getting the same standard answer. Patrick promised me that he would look at the pictures once and get this figured out once he saw you have the dress, and now im getting the same standard response back. This is unacceptable. I have been nice and patient so far and waiting on your resolution before i escalate this further.... Thank you!

Anna Mar 07 10:30:

Thank you for contacting Gilt.

I attempted to cancel your order, but was unable to do so. We no longer have the administrative ability make modifications or cancellations to this order. Please note that cancellations can typically only be made within the first 5 minutes of placing your order.

On this occasion I would be happy to make a one time exception for you to return your skirt for a full refund. For future reference, please note that we do not accept returns on items when they are final sale. Please visit https://www.gilt.com/account/return and we will prompt you to print a complimentary USPS shipping label. Once we receive the package in our warehouse, please allow 3-5 business days for us to issue your refund.

modified review This review was modified by Nela on March 07 2014 08:53:05 AM

"This is a rip-off business model. They start with crap that couldn't be sold on the worst sale rack, and mark these $5 items for just under $200. Then they fill the site with $1000 and $4000 items to set the tone of a super-premium site. Nobody buys the pricey stuff, of course, but they move that $5 stuff quickly. It sells because they wont let you see a close up, and you are misled into thinking its good stuff. When you return it, they keep your money, forever! they call it Gilt credits, which btw takes them about 6 weeks to post to their site. The business model is basically to rob people of all their cash, while only offering Gilt credit in exchange. Its a wonderfully carefully crafted form of FRAUD and THEFT! And its legal, b/c you sign a contract that agrees to it in order to use the site. Legal FRAUD ...amazing. "

modified review This review was modified by RossoCavallo on February 23 2014 08:51:23 PM

"Good luck trying to return an item!"

modified review This review was modified by oohsoofancy on January 16 2014 09:10:07 AM

"i ordered an extremely expensive bag, it arrived heavily creases. their return policy states if something is damaged the item can be returned. their idea of damage is a rip or tear not heavy creases in the leather. i paid for a brand new bag that looks used."

modified review This review was modified by gurue on December 02 2013 04:39:08 AM

"A bunch of FRAUDS! Just repeating what others have said. HORRIBLE website and customer service. Avoid by all means.

They sent me a WRONG item. When raised the issue, was told that I can only receive a credit and not a refund (for their mistake)!!! After a few back and forth with their customer service, I had to call and get a supervisor. Was told to return the item and a month after I returned the item, I still have not received their refund yet. Upon checking their website, I noticed that my return has been expired!!!

A bunch of loosers who don't understand that this is the era of Amazon and other online retailers with decent customer service.

modified review This review was modified by subscribemi on November 15 2013 11:10:19 PM

"New EXTREMELY STRICT Return Policy

BEWARE!!! I have spent over $5,000 with Gilt in the past year because the company has always had good products, good prices, and great customer service. NO LONGER. The company has recently changed its return policy so that there are absolutely no exceptions for returns . . . even if the item runs too small or too large, or has an incomplete or inaccurate description. No exceptions, which is an inherently bad policy for an online merchant where customers are unable to try items on beforehand.

modified review This review was modified by slr241 on October 25 2013 04:47:07 PM

"Never do business with this website! I've ordered twice from them. The first was for a clock that arrived and was wired only for European plugs and 24-hr military time. Neither of these was mentioned in the description and the company refused to replace it. I call that fraud.
Second order was for a $500 Control Brand floor lamp. When it finally arrived the box had clearly been opened and re-taped, and it looked like it had fallen off a truck and had huge gaping gashes on almost every side. I would have immediately refused receipt of the box, but despite being home when it was delivered, no one ever rang the doorbell to make the delivery. I just found it on my front porch mid-day.
After taking several pictures of the outside of the box, I gingerly opened it. The lamp shade (made of rigid black plastic) was on top. Whoever had last handled the contents, did not re-cover the shade in protective packing material. Instead, it was shoved in an open plastic bag...which melted all over the black shade in the heat of the delivery truck. It looked awful! I took more pictures, put the shade back and emailed the company. The only response I got was to say that they didn't have another one to replace it with, so they were only going to refund me $70!!! This lamp isn't even in saleable condition!!! Now I'm out $500, have no lamp and have this huge box with totally damaged contents to destroy. My only recourse at this point is to write as many reviews as I can, warning people away from this website. Awful experience!

modified review This review was modified by DAMwriter on October 16 2013 09:16:58 AM

"I've shopped at Gilt.com quite a bit in the last three years. I've had a few disappointments, but Gilt service reps have handled them very well. I've called and I've emailed in the past, and both forms of communication were handled professionally and quickly, resolving my issues. I've received beautiful items from this site.

With Gilt.com, I get what I expect...prompt and reasonably priced shipping. Competitive prices. I do a bit of research before I buy, which makes a big difference. If I find a better price elsewhere, I don't buy it at Gilt.com.

Mostly I buy baby paraphernalia, shoes, maternity clothing, and women's work clothing. Occasionally home goods or men's items.

I think I might be a Flash Sale junkie, but if it is true...Gilt.com fills my need quite well :)

modified review This review was modified by hlumberger on October 01 2013 05:01:07 AM

"I have to change my review of Gilt totally! I wrote a bad review about it a while ago and it turned out I was the one who entered the wrong zip code so the package was rerouted again and again. The customer service took care to make sure I can order another one, and then went the extra mile to cancel the new order when the old one arrived. Really appreciate it!"

modified review This review was modified by juliezhu on June 12 2013 05:02:52 PM

"I have bought many things from them in the past few years...but, never again!!! Bought a vintage Rolex watch that I received Jan. 2013 that has never kept proper time. Gilt.com refused to take it back even though the watch came with an appraisal stating that the watch was in "good and working condition". I have since had to file a dispute with American Express to try and get the situation handled since Gilt doesn't even have the consideration to respond to my concerns. Stay away from this company...they are terrible and have no concept of customer service."

"All I have to say, is STAY AWAY! What a terrible site. I ordered two bracelets on March 20, have been waiting all this time (April 1) after receiving my order confirmation via email to finally get fed up, look at my account and see my order was CANCELLED the night I bought it! Sorry, but I KNOW I had the $70 in my bank at all times. They never even contacted me to say "hey, guess what? we cancelled your order." I wrote them an email tonight asking why they didn't bother to let me know, we'll see what they say. They seem a lot like Haute Look, selling defective "designer" items for WAY over the price their worth, but I really liked those bracelets! Oh well, time to find a new store!"

"I used to buy a lot from here, but lately it has gone waaaay downhill. They just lost me as a customer (after having spent $1000's) over $5 and two really bad experiences. One was a bad product, the other was bad customer service, which was a first for them. They used to have great service and good prices. Now, prices are much lower elsewhere and they don't care about your business."

modified review This review was modified by ashleyk26 on March 11 2013 11:06:03 AM

"They just sent me the wrong item and said that they don't have what I originally ordered in stock!"

"I shop a lot online. i mean seriously a lot. Ive been a memeber with Gilt.com ever since 2010. To be honest, you can find better price on other websites and maybe at the store. They seems like repeat exactly the 'same stuff' over and over again every year and also i made so many returns because of the damages on the products and misleading informations on the sizes and products. Shop around, you will find better price with No shipping charge."

" I would never recommend using Gilt.com (especially after such a misleading information in regards to the r prices). Bought an item one week for 69 bucks the next week the item was for 20 bucks lower. Called them to get some help, told me that price it is what it is and final, there are tons of sites that are better. (MYHABIT) hopethis helps Thanks""