• Address: 1426-B Paramount Dr

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Buyer Beware...... If you are in the market for a new radio for use outside of the amateur (Ham) realm than be forewarned. Gigaparts will sell you the radio charge your card wait for 3 to 4 hours then call you and let you know that there is a 35.00 charge to modify the unit to make it receive and transmit on freq's for the fire department. all told that would make the unit around 200.00. I absolutely will not let any of my friends (Law enforcement and Fire Department) order from them. Very Disappointed "

"Gigaparts prices are low, but they have a 7 day return policy where the clock starts ticking on the date they ship the order. If you find a problem with their product after the 7 days they are happy to refer you to the manufacturer. I found that out the hard way. Not recommended. "

"I am REALLY unhappy with GigaParts today. Ordered on Monday, and they finally shipped on Friday....... So I won't get it in time to setup during Thanksgiving.

This isn't the first problem with them! I had a order I placed on February 4th ship on the February 24th this year.

It will be the LAST order I place through GigaParts! Nothing is worth that type of "customer service"!

"Ordered on Sunday and told on Thursday I had to wait 11 more days; and the quote was, One or more items are currently out of stock. It’s a good thing I didn’t pay for the 3 day shipping. And I like the courtesy given in vague statements. I ordered this because I needed it and most company’s tell you up front if an Item is out of stock giving me other opportunities / options, all I got was something is on back order. Heck I didn’t even get a reach around, just treated like an employee v/s customer. Lesson learned. "

"I worked with Travis on a transceiver system. I am new and needed lots of help deciding. Travis was great, very professional and knowledgeable. He helped me with several suggestions on the right radio and accessories. Robby, the owner was great on the price and helped with shipping. If you need radio gear, the guys at GigaParts are tops."

"I first found Gigaparts on the web by there super price of a radio that i wanted,they have the best prices.I recently had a problem with a battery not holding charge so i wrote a letter to gigaparts asking them for help.My email was returned the next day with a solution and a free gift from gigaparts for my inconvenience.I am real happy with the whole crew at gigaparts and will continue to feel secure when i make a purchase"

"Outstanding experience!!! I had been wanting to purchase a LDG AT-200ProII antenna tuner for my Alinco DX-70. The reason for this tuner is that it covered HF and 6-meters. I had been keeping an eye on specials and just after Christmas GigaParts put in on special for $234.99 with free shipping. I found another vendor selling the same tuner for $219.99 and also with free shipping. I wrote a message to there after hours line, included a link to the other vendor showing I wasn't just saying I had found it cheaper, and got a prompt response the next day from Travis Bailey. He said he and GigaParts would like to "earn" my business and offered to match the other vendor's price and still ship the tuner for free. Saying they wanted to "earn" my business got bonus points with me. So many companies these days have the attitude that, "If you don't buy it, someone else will." Travis even asked if I wanted any other items since I was getting the free shipping. I also purchased a mobile speaker for my radio. After the tuner arrived I found LDG actually makes an interface cable that allows you to tune the tuner from the radio. I checked and GigaParts also sold the cable. Again, I wrote to Travis mentioning that I wish he had said something about the interface cable as I could've included it in the original package with the free shipping but it really wasn't his fault because I hadn't mentioned what type of radio I was using. Travis wrote back saying they would give me an 8.3% discount and ship it for a flat rate of $3. I jumped on the deal as other places I had checked offered no discount and the shipping was over three times what GigaParts was willing to ship for. Not only has GigaParts "earned" my business... they have also "earned" my word-of-mouth advertising. I have already told several ham radio friends how I was treated and that it was a refreshing feeling. I mentioned to one of my long-time friends I met in Korea (because of ham radio) and he told me he had won a radio in one of their contest a couple of years ago. Thanks for everything... and Travis, thanks for "earning" my business. It has been a most pleasurable experience."

"I just made my second asus purchase from Gigaparts. Two years ago it was a netbook. This time a transformer tablet. They have the latest stuff, not old stuff like some big boxes. They know the product, and I appreciate that a lot. I think this is a hidden gem. I don't understand why they don't market more. Anyway, it is a great place to get educated and buy the right electronics."

"I experienced a "WOW" moment when I brought my computer in for repair. The service rep was very knowlegeable and explained the repair acion in full. He also ofered to show me how to work out a problem with my laptop. I had my computer back in a matter of hours. A great example of what customer service should be. "

"Wow great prices and super fast shipping. I will shop this online store more often.
I placed my order on July 5 and decided to go with the 3 day select shipping to try to have my order before the end of the week. I just tracked my order online. It's out for delivery so I'll have it this morning. That's only two days after the initial order was placed...
Thank you GigaParts you've earned a customer for life.

"Gigaparts used to be my favorite ham store--no longer. I made a purchase from them even though they weren't the lowest price because I like to be a loyal customer and also because I knew them to have good customer service. No longer. They are now acting like a desperate company about to go under.

First, I ordered an FT-950 which, after waiting 4 weeks, it didn't come into stock as promised. (Had I purchased at TexasTowers, it would have come in and would have been cheaper!)

Anyway, after waiting so long and them then telling me it would be probably several more weeks of waiting I decided to order an FT-450 and use the extra money to get an FTM-350R along with GPS unit.

The very next day, those items went on sale for a total of $57 less! They absolutely refused to give me a break on the price. Even though the sale price actually brought the prices only down to the competition!

I called and talked to the impotent "operations manager". I call him impotent because he had no authority to cut a deal. I even asked for just store credit and I'd make an immediate purchase of an HT. But he only offered me a $10 discount which made the HT still more expensive than the competition!

So, yeah, they got an extra $57 out of me. And yeah, they lost a long time customer. And yeah, I'm going to give bad reviews wherever possible.

Don't look at the old reviews when they used to be a good company. They've gone downhill and don't merit your business when there are cheaper and more customer friendly places just a mouse click away!

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-30-2010

GigaParts, GigaParts rep has responded

“I'm sorry you were not completely satisfied with your recent purchase from GigaParts. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and always try to do our best by the customer when things don’t go the way they had expected. This situation is no different and if our original offer (giving you the sale price on a future purchase or an additional $10 of the sale price if you purchased during this sale) hasn't completely satisfied you, then I encourage you to call us back and let us continue to work things out.

In this situation, your original order for an FT-950 was delayed because Yaesu has been out of stock and we sold out of our inventory before you placed your order. We strive to keep our customers up to date with items that are backordered by the manufacturer, but we are at the mercy of the manufacturer and can only pass along the information they give us. I assure you, I wish we could have shipped that radio to you as soon as you ordered it.

Whenever we run a sale such as the sale that started after we shipped your order, we do not offer price protection to customers who buy from us before the sale starts. There are some retail establishments that do, but most of them do not because it significantly increases the cost of the sale which means we would have to offer less discounts during the sale.

We strive to offer the best deal possible to our customers at the time they place their order. Right now, prices are very volatile in the amateur radio market -- One major manufacturer is preparing a major price increase that takes affect later this week across their entire product line, most dealers are bulking up their inventory and offering typical quarter-end sale prices, and Dayton is just around the corner. All of these factors increase the chances that a price you pay today is either going to be higher or lower than what you would pay for the same item the very next day.

Sincerely,
George Howard - GigaParts, Inc.
256-428-2133 - Direct Line”

"** Update - Edit Aug 26,09 *** Resellerratings.com has emailed me and questioned my rating saying I may not have rec'd the merchandise when I wrote the review. My review stands. The merchandise is working great, but my verdict on the staff and prices at gigaparts = 2 stars at best (out of 5) ***** end edit.****
Had to go in-store for my purchase since I had a motherboard issue and needed a replacement ASAP. Prices were a little higher than my normal parts store (n-egg) but I was in a jam and needed a board.

The Salesman couldn't tell me the difference between 2 boards on the shelf without looking them up online. They were quick to ask if I needed help, but other than reading things like price tags and stuff off the box (which I can also do myself), not much help.

Policies are lame. $35 service fee to return a motherboard. Luckilly I don't have to worry about that one since the motherboard was, indeed, my problem.

I asked for a few stand-offs and screws if they had some lying around since my goods are in my vacant home in another state and I haven't had time/money to move my household to my new residence (love this economy) and I was told "uh, yeah... here's what we have from the tech room, they are 25 cents each".

Dude, I'm dropping $150 for a $120 board and you want to tax me on a half-dozen screws that you get a metric ton of free with each PC case you open?

I bought the board, walked out vowing to never return, no matter the urgency. Glad the board worked out great because I told my girlfriend as we walked out... that I'd rather eat the motherboard's entire cost rather than return it if it didn't fix my problem.

Bottom line, unprofessional, lack of knowledge about the products, treat you like you're stupid since you don't wear a crappy polo shirt with "Giganerd" on it - although I've build more computers than they have... guaranteed - and their prices suck.

Note : everyone else on the planet offered a rebate of $15 - $20 on this motherboard EXCEPT Gigaparts. So, I found one online that was good no matter where you purchased the board.

Why can't gigaparts work that one out?

They suck.

modified review This review was modified by KicktoTheJunk on August 26 2009 04:26:47 AM

"I've ordered from these folks several times. Very excellent service. Speedy shipping. I've not had any trouble at all with this company. One thing that brings me back to their site is being able to tell what is in stock or not."

"I have order much HAM gear with Gigaparts and have had great results. Good product selection and support. The sales staff are HAM operators themselves and are a great resource for rag-chewing over radio options."

"They messed up their system by not having the weights of the video cards they sell. Because of this, it took them an extra day to ship out my item. I had paid for 3 day air because I needed by a certain date. We spoke about the mess-up before they shipped. They refused any responsibility in the delay and I was forced to pay an extra $10 to upgrade to 2-day air in order to get my package on the same day. As I see it, since the customer did not make a mistake, the customer should not have to pay for it. They disagree."

GigaParts is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GigaParts is a merchant member
GigaParts participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.