Stores > GigaParts

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.35/10 9.35/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.46/10 9.46/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.03/10 9.03/10
Voice your opinion! Review GigaParts by clicking a star below.

2017-10-15

Never sent a tracking number

"Was never sent a tracking number had to contact them to find out. Had two different invoice numbers so I don't know what that was all about I only purchased 1 item. "

2017-10-14

Ameritron Cable Order

"I received my order very promptly and in great shape. I have always had a great experience with GigaParts"

2017-10-09

Great customer service. Fast response

"They forgot to ship one of my items but after a quick phone call they sent the item quickly, plus they responded by phone to confirm that the issue was resolved."

2017-10-08

Very pleased!

"Good product, promptly delivered.
Will be a repeat customer!

2017-10-08

Gigaparts is the best

"Excellent prices, great inventory and fantastic service. I buy all my ham radio equipment from Gigaparts."

2017-10-05

Easy to Order Fast Shipping

"Easy to make order and fast shipping!!"

2017-10-04

Very Satisfied

"Fast delivery, arrived when stated, updated every step of the process. "

2017-10-04

Recent GigaParts Purchase

"A Ham friend helped me to make a choice of a car antenna., as this was exactly what he was using. From the purchase, to the quick shipment, to the receiving, and using, I give GigaParts a straight 5 star quality rating. I would certainly purchase again, and may do so very soon. "

2017-10-03

Great first experience.

"This was my first time buying from GigaParts and the service was very quick and easy. Only wish I could win the sweepstakes."

2017-10-03

Cheaper than Amazon

"I saved about 80 bucks ordering directly from Gigaparts. "

2017-09-28

Purchased a new Icom IC=7300 from GigaParts

"I've been looking into purchasing a new IC-7300 and checked out a few of the retailers. I've purchased from GigaParts in the past and had a good experience. With the IC-7300 GigaParts had a couple of package deals one of which included a couple of items I would like to have anyway. This little difference was a part of the reason I chose to buy from GigaParts the other was my previous experience buying from them.
I did contact GigaParts after I received the IC-7300 because could not find the Drivers required to connect the radio to my computer. I got the information I needed from the online GigaParts representative. I've enjoyed the GigaParts online sweepstakes with questions that I learn from.

2017-09-28

Poor shipping

"They shipped my order via USPS which meant that I had to spend two hours driving to pick it up at the post office. UPS or FedEx would have brought it to my house. "

2017-09-27

Excellent

"Their customer service goes above and beyond and have made me a loyal customer. "

2017-09-27

Why, oh why, did I choose to buy a Hotspot from Gigaparts?

"After dwelling on which DMR/D-Star/Fusion Hotspot to buy, I decided to go with the Raspberry Pi 3 and the DV-Mega VHF/UHF board. This would provide me with the maximum flexibility (no need for physical Ethernet connections or external routers, ability to use both VHF and UHF, scalability of the Pi 3, etc.). Then the problem of where to get the parts... I could piece-meal the purchase (Pi 3 from AdaFruit, MicroCenter, etc., DV-Mega from HRO, GigaParts, the manufacturer, etc.) and the case (many options). As I'm new to Hotspots, I thought it wise to get a bundled package. Looking around, I centered on GigaParts. For $264 (free shipping), I got the DV-Mega V/U board, Pi 3, 5V, 2.5A power supply, 16 GB microSD card with OS and a really stubby MFJ antenna. I passed on the $25 "we'll build it for you" fee (hey, I'm a Ham!) and dropped my credit card.

When the box arrived, I happily opened it, only to find that there were no instructions, not even a rudimentary "how to build the clear case and install the Pi 3 card and DV-Mega interface". Contacting GigaParts online was useless, as Steve, the online presence, told me they had nothing to provide and Candace in Sales subsequently provided me with a link to the online image of the clear case ($24.99, by the way); thanks Candace but I already saw that on your website during my purchase search.

When I finally figured out how it all goes together (not rocket science, by any stretch, but new to me; make sure you have a small knife to file/trim the "Insert Tab A into Slot B" pieces), I found that the small black retaining piece seen in the image (https://www.gigaparts.com/pb0656.html) doesn't fit properly when the DV-Mega board is installed on the Pi 3 GPIO pins and without the added rigidity this would have offered, the DV-Mega with the stubby MFJ antenna (looks like a lossy dummy load) is not secure.

Looking back, I should have piece-mealed the purchase (Pi 3, P/S and tiny heat sink - $44 from either AdaFruit or MicroCenter, DV-Mega V/U board - $164 from HRO, and the DHAP Mini Mega Maryland case from Hardened Power Systems - $99). The Pi 3 OS is freely downloadable and I have spare MicroSD cards. Sure, I might have paid a few dollars more but in the end, I would have been happier.

2017-09-26

"Quick service, was kept well informed about when parcels shipped . "

Share GigaParts's store rating

GigaParts is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GigaParts is a merchant member
GigaParts participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,441 merchant members.