Stores > Gift Card Zen

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

Crap Shoot on if you get a valid card or not

"I think I'm right at 50-50. Half the cards I buy are valid. The other half are invalid or have a $0 balance. Apparently they don't bother to validate the cards before they sell them to you. Now I need to go check my credit card statements to make sure I've gotten all the refunds I'm supposed to get.

Find a different GC reseller.

Do not use them!!

"I had a horrible experience, where I sold them a gift card. They validated it. They paid me for it. Then they 2 months later asked for the money back because the merchant said it was a fraud. This was a card I got from my mom as a birthday present. Do not use them!"

This review was modified by joemellin on June 25 2016 06:00:07 PM

"I have never felt the need to write a review for a gift card site, mostly because I have never had a problem. I purchased a $100 gift card to Regal Cinemas from Gift Card Zen and went to the movies that day to purchase tickets. I was told the gift card had insufficient funds. I then called Regal Cinemas and they explained that the card was purchased directly from them by this company WITH A COMPROMISED CREDIT CARD! So they basically zeroed the balance to all gift cards that were purchased with that stolen credit card. BEWARE!"

Smooth transaction

"I recently used GiftCard Zen for the first time and had a great experience. I was a little leery given some reviews, but decided to do it anyway. For a $200 BestBuy GiftCard the Coinstar machine only offered me $130. Robbery! So I figured try one of these online guys.

I sold my card to GiftCard Zen on April 16. Within three weeks I had my check for what they promised. Easy and simple. I highly recommend.

This review was modified by Tyrion281 on May 09 2016 07:38:54 AM

Trust me, you will regret using Gift Card Zen

"I have warned you. I have never had problems with Gift Cards using other company. My first time using Gift Card Zen, they took $77 from my account and received $0 balance card.

You are warned.....

Not worth the trouble dealing with Gift Card Zen

"Giftcard Zen is constantly cancelling orders that I placed. I called them several times to try and resolve the issue. I was purchasing cards from several sites as i am doing extensive remodeling and apparently this raised a flag with their security software. No one there knows how to fix this issue. All they keep telling me is to keep trying. Well, it's just not worth the trouble. Not when there are several other card sites that offer great deals. My advice is to avoid the frustration that you will probably run into with Zen. Hard to believe that no one there knows how to correct a software glitch. Of course it could be worse. Imagine if you purchased cards and had a problem and there was no one who knows how to fix that. Now that would really hurt. "

This review was modified by Bisely44 on February 01 2016 04:06:38 PM

"Couldn't be a worse experience. Had to create several accounts with different emails and used two different credit cards. Never got the card I was trying to buy. Maybe they're just data mining. But when a person with a 740 credit rating and credit cards with over $10,000 available credit on each can't buy a $100 gift card well something is very wrong and fishy. Who takes three days to verify or decide to ship something...heck it was long enough for the charge to actually post to my credit card (that's well beyond just authorization). Then make me jump through all those hoops too... I'll just stay away, that's for sure."

This review was modified by StevenP4 on December 29 2015 04:32:44 PM

"After fighting with my chase credit card, I got no help to get my money back with their fraudulent cards. Next step, I will file a bbb complaint. Then I will file a attorney general complaint. I just cant go to court with them, since they are not in my state.
They are the worst animals!

This review was modified by loveya on December 17 2015 02:16:18 PM

"If you are selling them a gift card, LIE ABOUT THE ORIGIN OF THE GIFT CARD. Say you got it directly from the store and didn't need it anymore. I purchased a gift card from a user on a forum known for trading and I was honest about it. They rejected the card because of "high fraud risk." Well all you've done is incentivize me to lie or go elsewhere. If there's such a risk of fraud, why ask for my credit card information? Isn't that the remedy? It took them 3 days to reject the card. I sold it to Cardpool and the check has been sent after 2 hours. Gift Card Zen might pay a better rate but it's not worth the headache. There's a reason Cardpool is the market leader."

"Surprised by the low rating here. I have purchased at least 7 or 8 cards from them, and every time the card & pin have shown up in my inbox almost immediately. And every card has been valid."

"I purchased a $100 gift card through Gift Card Zen for $80.81. A terrific deal! I was emailed my card number and PIN immediately. I was pretty excited, until I went to AMC's website to verify the balance.

The balance was $0.

I sent an email to customer service requesting a refund within 15 minutes of making my purchase. I was a little worried seeing all the poor reviews of Gift Card Zen, and knowing that I purchased an electronic gift card I thought it would be difficult to get a refund. It was not difficult at all. Within an hour I had a very nice email from customer service saying my claim would be passed on to the Loss Prevention Team who would work on getting me a refund. The next day I received another email saying I was being issued a refund. The money was back in my account the next day.

I was disappointed my gift card deal was too good to be true, but I was very pleased with the customer service provided by Gift Card Zen. I will definitely continue to use them.

This review was modified by nursesawa on August 13 2015 05:48:50 PM

stansfld's Avatar

Oak Ridge, TN

"I was a little apprehensive about buying a gift card after seeing the recent 1 star ratings so I decided to "risk" it and purchase a card for Home Depot worth about $20 (saved about 7%). The process was very straight forward and after entering my CC information, I received an email within a few minutes containing the gift card number and PIN . I verified the number with the Home Depot website and the balance was spot on. Maybe the process of buying gift cards is less prone to problems and frustration but as for me, I have not complaints at all."

"It is the most horrible experience I have ever had when buying online. I was trying to get an itunes e code for my iphone. They charged me 13.31 dollars and suddenly they canceled my purchased but they kept the money. They havent wanted to bring me back my money. If they don't send the money back I will see them in court. Never buy on giftcardzen.com or http://www.giftcardgranny.com/ both are scam"

"Gift Card Zen IS A SCAM. They lie to you and have very poor customer service. I purchased a giftcard to Outback Steakhouse that when I went to the restaurant, was not valid. It took me several phone calls to Giftcard Zen and threats that I would call my creditcard company to inform them of the scam and finally received a credit. They play stall tactics like I have to talk to the loss/prevention team. This is the second time I had problems. I purchased a Home Depot card that had less dollars on the card than what I paid for. Again multiple phone calls to get this resolved. STAY AWAY. THEY ARE NO GOOD. THEY LIE and TRY to CHEAT their customers."

This review was modified by Bradjeffrey on July 09 2015 04:20:27 AM

"Look No Further About Doing Business with GiftCardZen

Last week, I made a purchase with GiftCardZen. Immediately after clicking “Purchase Now” a screen came up and said to go back and try again. That’s not what my bank said, it’s not what my charge said, and it is not what PayPal said.

After speaking with my bank – which is Bank of America – and PayPal too, all of us inferred that I was in fact charged for the transaction.

On a $662 charge, I still had the product in my cart, no order number and no confirmation email. But I had a bill, and a massive one at that.

I called customer service urgently to no avail. Someone named Kyle got back to me in 26 hours – knowing the urgency of the situation. We went back and forth SEVEN TIMES. Are you kidding? And they said I was in fact “not charged”… Funny, because I had a payable to PayPal and a bank confirming I was in fact charged. Their customer service is rude and impolite. With Internet competition within the discounted gift card industry, why should you shop with a company that creates headaches for its customers – ones that spend a lot on their products and do not abide by moral, sound business? It took DAYS and HOURS of time to get my money back. Shame on them, they should not exist.

Stay away. You will save yourself a headache. Go use GiftCardZen’s competitors. I think it’s truly sad they are in business. Never again will I use them and neither should you.

Share Gift Card Zen's store rating

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member
Gift Card Zen does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!