Stores > Gift Card Zen

Customer service: Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
2017-02-16

Finally satisfied.......I hope.

"Minutes ago I wrote a one star review for Gift Card Zen. Wouldn't you know it, Ryan of Gift Card Zen, just called me to say I have been credited with my purchase price. I felt somewhat taken back, but do feel vindicated. Hope the credit goes through."

This review was modified by glennva on February 16 2017 03:30:01 PM

2017-02-16

Gift Card Zilch - as in you will get a worthless item

"This company blows. They sold me 7 gift cards from 4 retailers for a total of approx. $250. 4 of the 7 cards had a zero /0/ goose egg/ nada/ zilch balance. While trying figure out how to get refunded I started stumbling across the mountains of other bad review citing similar problems. This company is downright lethargic about taking corrective actions. I reported the cards through their website and got prompt automatic email messages saying they are looking into it but its been several days with no contact from them... I realize they are probably overworked because of all the problems they generate for themselves but they are definitely slow and unresponsive. I will never use their service again and I will continue laying waste to their corporate image until I am refunded the full $115 I have had stolen from me. The very best thing you can say about them is that they just do a really crappy job of vetting the private card sales."

This review was modified by JayDeeJax on February 16 2017 02:43:52 PM

2017-01-25

DO NOT USE!!!! TERRIBLY UNPROFESSIONAL

"I ordered a gift card for neiman Marcus and it was supposed to go through electronically. I waited and nothing so I tried calling them with no reply. I left messages and emailed them. I checked my account this morning and I was credited back my money with no return call or explanation. What a waste of time. I'm spending a few thousand dollars, not chump change so you would figure they want the business. Nevertheless I went to CARD CASH as I have used them before and got my gift cards no problem. I wouldn't be as annoyed if they actually took the time to return my phone calls or emails and explain why however no Courtesy just some unprofessional machine when you call. STAY AWAY FROM GIFT CARD ZEN!!!!!"

This review was modified by brimanf on January 25 2017 04:30:02 AM

2017-01-24

No issues

"I have made at least 10 gift card purchases and have NO ISSUES whatsoever. In fact, they even refunded my money after a store went bankrupt and the gift card could no longer be used. They did not have to do that as it wasn't their problem, but they did and now they have a customer for a long time. Thanks GiftCardZen!

P.S. You receive digital gift card instantly, and I mean INSTANTLY!!

This review was modified by lilcritta2 on January 24 2017 01:15:01 PM

2017-01-11

100% satisfied

"Every card I have purchased has arrived quickly. I have had no problems with any of my purchases. Great product. "

2017-01-04

Scammers

"I thought I'd try them a second time after a previous problem but had the same result. They charge your credit card and then cancel your order. Last time I had to ask my credit card company to step in and get my money back. Now gift card zen says it may take a few days. If you try and call you get a recording with no call back. What a scam!"

2016-12-15

Zen and the art of getting ripped off

"These people are disreputable scum--read the reviews. My experience was absolutely HORRIBLE. I placed several orders with them. Website says: "Electronic and printable cards will be delivered to your account 24/7, processing time may take up to 30 minutes." Don't believe it! My first order took them almost a full day to process, but they finally did. The third time I ordered, they couldn't be bothered to process it all weekend (right before Xmas-seriously?).

And so I emailed them asking them to take care of it and quoting what they promise on their website. The following morning, I wake up to a letter telling me that both cards in my order had been cancelled. Why? They were completely vague and wouldn't tell me why. I suspect it was because I had the nerve to actually complain, and these spineless little slackers can't stand a word of criticism. So, my kids didn't get their Christmas presents on time, and then I find out that they've CHARGED ME for the orders. To the tune of $700! So now I have no gift cards and a $700 bank charge which, days and days later, still has not gone away. I called their helpline, and no one could be bothered to call me back. This is a scam. They steal people's money and don't deliver the cards. I'm going to report them to the Better Business Bureau--and you should too. Let's shut these thieves down. There are many other reputable places you can buy gift cards, including your local grocery store. That's a much better option than these losers.

This review was modified by Greil on December 15 2016 05:48:02 PM

2016-11-25

Complete Sham Company

"I ordered $250 with seven gift cards from this shady gift card zen outfit and then after two days they all of a sudden cancel the entire order on me with no reason at all given. I will never do business with them again and urge anyone else not to either! I thought my Christmas shopping was al done and now I have to start back at square one again. I would give this bogus place one star if I could!!!"

This review was modified by Nicoleahiw on November 25 2016 08:02:35 PM

2016-09-26

Crap Shoot on if you get a valid card or not

"I think I'm right at 50-50. Half the cards I buy are valid. The other half are invalid or have a $0 balance. Apparently they don't bother to validate the cards before they sell them to you. Now I need to go check my credit card statements to make sure I've gotten all the refunds I'm supposed to get.

Find a different GC reseller.

2016-06-25

Do not use them!!

"I had a horrible experience, where I sold them a gift card. They validated it. They paid me for it. Then they 2 months later asked for the money back because the merchant said it was a fraud. This was a card I got from my mom as a birthday present. Do not use them!"

This review was modified by joemellin on June 25 2016 06:00:07 PM

2016-06-24

Beware

"I have never felt the need to write a review for a gift card site, mostly because I have never had a problem. I purchased a $100 gift card to Regal Cinemas from Gift Card Zen and went to the movies that day to purchase tickets. I was told the gift card had insufficient funds. I then called Regal Cinemas and they explained that the card was purchased directly from them by this company WITH A COMPROMISED CREDIT CARD! So they basically zeroed the balance to all gift cards that were purchased with that stolen credit card. BEWARE!"

2016-05-09

Smooth transaction

"I recently used GiftCard Zen for the first time and had a great experience. I was a little leery given some reviews, but decided to do it anyway. For a $200 BestBuy GiftCard the Coinstar machine only offered me $130. Robbery! So I figured try one of these online guys.

I sold my card to GiftCard Zen on April 16. Within three weeks I had my check for what they promised. Easy and simple. I highly recommend.

This review was modified by Tyrion281 on May 09 2016 07:38:54 AM

2016-02-18

Trust me, you will regret using Gift Card Zen

"I have warned you. I have never had problems with Gift Cards using other company. My first time using Gift Card Zen, they took $77 from my account and received $0 balance card.

You are warned.....

2016-02-01

Not worth the trouble dealing with Gift Card Zen

"Giftcard Zen is constantly cancelling orders that I placed. I called them several times to try and resolve the issue. I was purchasing cards from several sites as i am doing extensive remodeling and apparently this raised a flag with their security software. No one there knows how to fix this issue. All they keep telling me is to keep trying. Well, it's just not worth the trouble. Not when there are several other card sites that offer great deals. My advice is to avoid the frustration that you will probably run into with Zen. Hard to believe that no one there knows how to correct a software glitch. Of course it could be worse. Imagine if you purchased cards and had a problem and there was no one who knows how to fix that. Now that would really hurt. "

This review was modified by Bisely44 on February 01 2016 04:06:38 PM

2015-12-29

"Couldn't be a worse experience. Had to create several accounts with different emails and used two different credit cards. Never got the card I was trying to buy. Maybe they're just data mining. But when a person with a 740 credit rating and credit cards with over $10,000 available credit on each can't buy a $100 gift card well something is very wrong and fishy. Who takes three days to verify or decide to ship something...heck it was long enough for the charge to actually post to my credit card (that's well beyond just authorization). Then make me jump through all those hoops too... I'll just stay away, that's for sure."

This review was modified by StevenP4 on December 29 2015 04:32:44 PM

Share Gift Card Zen's store rating

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member
Gift Card Zen does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!