Stores > Gift Card Zen

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.18/10 3.18/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.95/10 2.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
Voice your opinion! Review Gift Card Zen by clicking a star below.
2017-03-27

SCAM!

"Bought $800 worth of electronic gift cards that were supposed to be delivered in 24 hours by email. 72 hours later, no gift cards but they took my money. Called them but no one answers. Emailed them and 48 hours later they told me that my card was declined. I called my bank and they confirm the purchase went through and the money was taken. I told them to deliver the cards of refund my money. No response. I had to dispute the change with my bank. DO NOT BUY>>>THEY ARE A SCAM!! "

This review was modified by JohnnaCalverase on March 27 2017 03:30:02 PM

2017-03-13

It worked - but the process and communication sucked

"So I basically tried to buy a $100 Amazon gift card for $98.
Long story short I got it!

But the process was NOT explained. After paying (and having them charge your card) - about an hour later I got a text verifying that I placed the order. After I verified that it was indeed me that placed the order - they sent me the card. But it was over an hour later - and they never explained this process. My expectation was that after I pay I should receive the card right away.

Anyway - I got what I wanted - but the communication was crappy about the process which made me feel insecure.

This review was modified by etayluz on March 13 2017 02:00:01 PM

2017-03-09

Get ready to be "verified" for no reason when they have your money

"I don't like how they had to use a "3rd party" to verify our identity as a buyer and that a human contact like calling couldn't by pass that even though the company had my money for hours.

I had purchased three orders prior to this and had no issue.
The lack of information the customer service rep had about what was being "verified" by this 3rd party was what didn't sit right with me.
And the fact that I called and can verify that I am a human wasn't enough is something I didnt like either.

I purchased these gift cards because they said it would be delivered instantly (in 30 minutes) because their were flight prices I needed to jump on. Not wait all day for.

Recap: They have to "verify" you as a buyer even though they take your money and you have nothing to show for it when you are told it will be 30 minutes or less to get their product. And no one that works there knows why or what is being verified.

This review was modified by msbatchelor5 on March 27 2017 03:28:35 PM

2017-02-16

Finally satisfied.......I hope.

"Minutes ago I wrote a one star review for Gift Card Zen. Wouldn't you know it, Ryan of Gift Card Zen, just called me to say I have been credited with my purchase price. I felt somewhat taken back, but do feel vindicated. Hope the credit goes through."

This review was modified by glennva on February 16 2017 03:30:01 PM

2017-02-16

Gift Card Zilch - as in you will get a worthless item

"This company blows. They sold me 7 gift cards from 4 retailers for a total of approx. $250. 4 of the 7 cards had a zero /0/ goose egg/ nada/ zilch balance. While trying figure out how to get refunded I started stumbling across the mountains of other bad review citing similar problems. This company is downright lethargic about taking corrective actions. I reported the cards through their website and got prompt automatic email messages saying they are looking into it but its been several days with no contact from them... I realize they are probably overworked because of all the problems they generate for themselves but they are definitely slow and unresponsive. I will never use their service again and I will continue laying waste to their corporate image until I am refunded the full $115 I have had stolen from me. The very best thing you can say about them is that they just do a really crappy job of vetting the private card sales."

This review was modified by JayDeeJax on February 16 2017 02:43:52 PM

2017-01-25

DO NOT USE!!!! TERRIBLY UNPROFESSIONAL

"I ordered a gift card for neiman Marcus and it was supposed to go through electronically. I waited and nothing so I tried calling them with no reply. I left messages and emailed them. I checked my account this morning and I was credited back my money with no return call or explanation. What a waste of time. I'm spending a few thousand dollars, not chump change so you would figure they want the business. Nevertheless I went to CARD CASH as I have used them before and got my gift cards no problem. I wouldn't be as annoyed if they actually took the time to return my phone calls or emails and explain why however no Courtesy just some unprofessional machine when you call. STAY AWAY FROM GIFT CARD ZEN!!!!!"

This review was modified by brimanf on March 27 2017 03:43:43 PM

2017-01-24

No issues

"I have made at least 10 gift card purchases and have NO ISSUES whatsoever. In fact, they even refunded my money after a store went bankrupt and the gift card could no longer be used. They did not have to do that as it wasn't their problem, but they did and now they have a customer for a long time. Thanks GiftCardZen!

P.S. You receive digital gift card instantly, and I mean INSTANTLY!!

This review was modified by lilcritta2 on January 24 2017 01:15:01 PM

2017-01-11

100% satisfied

"Every card I have purchased has arrived quickly. I have had no problems with any of my purchases. Great product. "

2017-01-04

Scammers

"I thought I'd try them a second time after a previous problem but had the same result. They charge your credit card and then cancel your order. Last time I had to ask my credit card company to step in and get my money back. Now gift card zen says it may take a few days. If you try and call you get a recording with no call back. What a scam!"

This review was modified by holly_dickson on March 09 2017 08:20:59 AM

2016-12-15

Zen and the art of getting ripped off

"These people are disreputable scum--read the reviews. My experience was absolutely HORRIBLE. I placed several orders with them. Website says: "Electronic and printable cards will be delivered to your account 24/7, processing time may take up to 30 minutes." Don't believe it! My first order took them almost a full day to process, but they finally did. The third time I ordered, they couldn't be bothered to process it all weekend (right before Xmas-seriously?).

And so I emailed them asking them to take care of it and quoting what they promise on their website. The following morning, I wake up to a letter telling me that both cards in my order had been cancelled. Why? They were completely vague and wouldn't tell me why. I suspect it was because I had the nerve to actually complain, and these spineless little slackers can't stand a word of criticism. So, my kids didn't get their Christmas presents on time, and then I find out that they've CHARGED ME for the orders. To the tune of $700! So now I have no gift cards and a $700 bank charge which, days and days later, still has not gone away. I called their helpline, and no one could be bothered to call me back. This is a scam. They steal people's money and don't deliver the cards. I'm going to report them to the Better Business Bureau--and you should too. Let's shut these thieves down. There are many other reputable places you can buy gift cards, including your local grocery store. That's a much better option than these losers.

This review was modified by Greil on December 15 2016 05:48:02 PM

2016-11-25

Complete Sham Company

"I ordered $250 with seven gift cards from this shady gift card zen outfit and then after two days they all of a sudden cancel the entire order on me with no reason at all given. I will never do business with them again and urge anyone else not to either! I thought my Christmas shopping was al done and now I have to start back at square one again. I would give this bogus place one star if I could!!!"

This review was modified by Nicoleahiw on November 25 2016 08:02:35 PM

2016-09-26

Crap Shoot on if you get a valid card or not

"I think I'm right at 50-50. Half the cards I buy are valid. The other half are invalid or have a $0 balance. Apparently they don't bother to validate the cards before they sell them to you. Now I need to go check my credit card statements to make sure I've gotten all the refunds I'm supposed to get.

Find a different GC reseller.

2016-06-25

Do not use them!!

"I had a horrible experience, where I sold them a gift card. They validated it. They paid me for it. Then they 2 months later asked for the money back because the merchant said it was a fraud. This was a card I got from my mom as a birthday present. Do not use them!"

This review was modified by joemellin on June 25 2016 06:00:07 PM

2016-06-24

Beware

"I have never felt the need to write a review for a gift card site, mostly because I have never had a problem. I purchased a $100 gift card to Regal Cinemas from Gift Card Zen and went to the movies that day to purchase tickets. I was told the gift card had insufficient funds. I then called Regal Cinemas and they explained that the card was purchased directly from them by this company WITH A COMPROMISED CREDIT CARD! So they basically zeroed the balance to all gift cards that were purchased with that stolen credit card. BEWARE!"

2016-05-09

Smooth transaction

"I recently used GiftCard Zen for the first time and had a great experience. I was a little leery given some reviews, but decided to do it anyway. For a $200 BestBuy GiftCard the Coinstar machine only offered me $130. Robbery! So I figured try one of these online guys.

I sold my card to GiftCard Zen on April 16. Within three weeks I had my check for what they promised. Easy and simple. I highly recommend.

This review was modified by Tyrion281 on May 09 2016 07:38:54 AM

Share Gift Card Zen's store rating

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member
Gift Card Zen does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!