Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"I purchased a giftcard from them for The Capital Grille on 10/9/2013. I went to use it 10/16/2014 only to find it was closed with zero balance as-of 12/2013 due to seller disputing charge. Contacted Jonathan who would not do anything since it was 1 week over their "1 year" guarantee despite the fact that it was worthless in 12/2013 - they were defrauded and passed the loss to me. "

modified review This review was modified by novo0014 on November 16 2014 01:57:55 PM

"Highly Recommended! I placed my first ever secondary gift card purchase ever and I am extremely satisfied with the customer service! I placed 3 orders for 8 gift cards totaling $2000. I used the cards the same day but even if I had not done that they provide 1 year warranty against fraud! I still didn't want to take any risks and used them the same day.

First two of the orders was deemed suspicious by their software so I didn't get the codes emailed immediately (it was evening hours), my orders had to be reviewed by someone during business hours. The third order went through without any issues and I got the email with a link to the codes pretty quickly. For the other orders I dialed the customer service and left a message, I heard back from them within minutes! They just verified the name and billing address and released the hold on it. I received the emails within minutes of calling them!!

I am new to gift cards but I was looking for Lowe's gift cards because we were making a big purchase and I thought even a 5% discount would translate to a big enough amount. I explored cashcards initially (read about it from credit card points/miles bloggers) and then found giftcardzen through giftcardgranny. After comparing the reviews of various sites I felt more confident about giftcardzen because some of the negative reviews here are for them trying to verify the identity of the person! If you are buying or selling them $500 worth of gift card and they try to verify your identity, they are just trying to protect their customers including you!

Their customer service is awesome! I spoke with the customer service even before placing my order and they were quick to respond and explained everything in a courteous and professional manner. When I tried to pay using paypal I couldn't find an option to change my payment source to my preferred credit card, they said that is a known issue. I also asked about the possibility of fraud and they said that gift cards are warrantied for 1 year. The cashcards (aka abcgiftcards) only provide a 45 day window which is ridiculous compared to this 1 year warranty. There is no phone number listed for cashcards either so I didn't want to give them my business when I had an option like giftcardzen which lists its number clearly on the website. If anything were to go wrong I had the backup option of disputing the credit card charge if the website support didn't help but I didn't even have any issues.

One annoying issue with ordering online is that the email address is considered a unique id for a person and if you use one email address with your name for a credit card billing info and then you use your wife's name for another separate order, that new order will fail with a vague error message. That happened to me, it was not a credit card transaction decline, it was just their website couldn't handle multiple buyer names per email address and I only found out the reason for the error after email and speaking with them. No issues other than that!

"STAY AWAY..STAY AWAY...SOLD ME A KIRKLAND CARD $250.00 VALUE BUT HAD ZERO BALANCE...TOOK ME A WEEK OR MORE TO GET MY MONEY BACK ...
I WENT THROUGHT PAYPAL BECAUSE IKNEW ZEN IS HOPELESS...STILL TOOK 2 WEEKS FR ZEN SO CALLED INVESTIGATION..
I CALLED AND LEFT A MESSAGE DURING WORK HOURS NOBODY REPLIED TILL NEXT DAY AND PROMISED TO CALL ME BACK THE DAY AFTER......NOBODY CALLED...

"The first and only time I bought from GiftCardZen I got a $600 gift card, and when my husband went to the store an hour later to order carpet, he was told the card had no funds on it. I called GiftCardZen while my husband was in the store, and they said, we are sorry, but remember, you are buying used merchandise, so that is a risk you take, but we will give you a refund. Here is the problem: GiftCardZen immediately charges your credit or debit card -- no hold or authorization time -- they finalize the purchase. But when it is time for the refund, not so much. So if you get a bad card, which I have since learned happens regularly with them, you are out that cash until they decide to issue the refund. After three days of waiting I put the purchase in dispute with my bank card issuer, and that afternoon I got a call from Isabelle at Gift Card Zen, who told me that because I disputed the charge, I might lose the money. Here is another thing they do: The first time you buy from them, they immediately charge your credit/debit card, but you will get an email saying they will not send you the gift card until after they call and verify who you are. If on a weekend, holiday, or after hours, forget it. And again, they finalize the purchase before verifying who you are. They do not tell you until after they have taken your money that the card will be delayed. BUT if you buy a large enough card the first time, the will sell it to you without verification; chances are, however, the card will be worthless. My theory is that the worthless cards are a survival tactic; in other words, they have a cash shortage and are depending on float time between taking $$ and refunding $$. So, buyer beware."

modified review This review was modified by digger207 on June 10 2014 09:17:31 AM

"First time I've bought a discounted gift card. I looked around at most of the websites and they all have the same reviews where people didn't get paid for their gift cards or bought a gift card that had a $0 balance. However, gift card zen had the best rating I saw so I decided to give it a shot on a low dollar gift card. ( "

modified review This review was modified by mrayn10101 on May 11 2014 09:44:53 AM

"Very impressed by their customer service, I think its the best out there. Bought a couple of high value cards in early December, went to use cards in March found they had no value contacted issuer found funds were removed first part of January reported problem to Gift Card Zen and refunded was processed seamlessly and quickly. Outstanding customer service, would definitely use recommend again. Good job Gift Card Zen."

modified review This review was modified by thomasburtrum on March 24 2014 10:47:14 AM

"Do NOT buy from this company!!! They sent me fraudulent giftcards! I spent $165.50 and the cards were empty. The company is not responding to my phone calls or emails. I am in the process of trying to get my money back through the bank. Don't use them! It's a scam! I wish there was a way to give them 0 out of 5!"

modified review This review was modified by coyote6000 on December 27 2013 06:29:44 PM

"Purchased a relatively high dollar gift card (my first in the secondary market) and had nothing but great service and response time. This smaller company is very personable and was responsive to my questions. There was an issue on vendor side (not a fault of GiftCardZen) but they worked with me to make everything right. I'd definitely consider them again when buying a card."

modified review This review was modified by MistrHappy on November 27 2013 02:26:58 PM

"Gift card i bought didn't work. I would not recommend then. Got my money back eventually after doing a chargeback though."

modified review This review was modified by pinky87 on November 19 2013 11:35:02 AM

"I discovered the secondary gift card market in Jan 2013, and have purchased a multitude of gift cards since that time from almost all of the gift card vendors that are out there (about 10). After about 10 months of routinely buying gift cards, I can tell you that Gift Card Zen is the most honest and transparent company in the business, and offer a buyer guarantee that is unmatched in this market... a full one year guarantee (most gift card vendors only offer 45-100 days). Once you purchase a gift card from them, you instantly receive a thank you message from the owner personally (with his picture). They called me personally the first order that I placed with them to verify that it was me. They encourage you to contact them via phone or email if you have any questions or concerns, and have always gotten right back to me when I have emailed them with questions. If you are going to routinely operate within this market, you will eventually have problems with some of your cards for one reason or another, and that is why you need an honest vendor like GC Zen, that truly cares about their customers, and is dedicated to a happy and safe buying experience. As a general guideline to buyers out there in the secondary gift card market, I would not recommend buying any cards from any seller that does not offer a minimum of a 45 day guarantee. It also puts my mind at ease with their one year guarantee that I do not have to run out and spend the cards immediately, or possibly risk being defrauded. This guarantee also allows me to buy cards as they come into stock, or in advance of when I might need them (i.e., b-day or holiday). Their cards arrive quickly, and are neat and well packaged. They usually have a great variety of cards, and offer some of the best prices out there too. GC Zen is just a great seller, and leads this industry in how a vendor in this market should operate. I would highly recommend them to anyone."

modified review This review was modified by ReedBird on October 25 2013 03:21:57 AM

"this is a horrible company. Their customer service is garbage. They are scammers do not buy from them."

"I have purchased many gift cards from Gift Card Zen and the experience was always excellent! They are very conscientious and caring. The service is fast! They stand behind what they sell, unconditionally. Once I had an issue with a card and they gave me a rebate on the spot! "

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member
Gift Card Zen does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!