Stores > Gift Card Zen

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.67/10 2.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.04/10 3.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.12/10 2.12/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Gift Card Zen by clicking a star below.
2017-05-15

Sellers, Run Away, GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

"I stupidly tried to sell $300 in gift cards to them online. The next morning, they drained the balances to $0 and refused to pay. I lost $300. I tried to resolve it, they just sent me form letters. Then a full denial. They will steal everything and deny all liability so you will have nothing. I should have googled them first. I'm not alone. :-("

2017-05-15

This Company is a FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD - DO NOT BUY

"This company is a complete and total FRAUD - I purchased gift cards, got to the restaurant and was horribly embarrassed when they didn't work. I purchased in May 2017 and the cards were used in 2012 - they sell you cards with 0 balances - I'm not sure where they are getting these, but it shouldn't be legal as they are a total SCAM. I was with the restaurant manager and Carrabbas on the phone for 50 minutes trying to figure this out. DO NOT BUY."

2017-05-05

You Don't Want My Money?

"I tried to buy a small iTunes gift card through Gift Card Zen.

I tried over and over again, and they kept cancelling my transaction via email, or just not accepting it at all (Code 43).

I contacted support and they handed me a line of crap about how it is out of their hands, third party service, yada yada.

That's garbage: I buy things online all the time. All of my credit cards are in good standing and are regularly used (including the one that Gift Card Zen rejected). Third party authorization is the norm for online retailing.

Why, when I make online purchases at dozens of websites, does this one arrogantly decide that they do not want my business.

Finally, although I requested that they either accept me as a customer or close my account, they have not done either.

Hopefully something changes. I'd really like to use the site, but it is completely up to them. I'm not sure what kind of business model entails refusal to sell to a customer who wants to make a transaction.

2017-05-01

Total **** scam...

"Bought a giftcard on 4/24...went to use, zero balance...Card was used on 4/2 and sold to me on 4/24"

2017-04-19

Gift Card Zen has really fallen from grace

"WOW, Gift Card Zen has really fallen from grace now that RetailMeNot has purchased them. The former President Aaron Dragushan doesn't even respond to emails anymore. So, I recently bought 12 Noodles e-cards from them. Went to use one today, and it only had a partial balance. So, when I got home, I checked my remaining 10 cards, and ALL 10 had been defrauded (ZERO BALANCES)!! When the initially were selling the Noodles cards, they had like 1200-1500 of these cards for sale, and you're telling me that 10 of my 12 cards were defrauded?? This makes no sense! There is something underhanded going on here no doubt! I have been a GCZ customer for a long time, but this about does it for me. They initially had a one year guarantee, which then went to a FOREVER guarantee, and now it is just 100 days. That tells you how they're trending. And, when the all of the sudden went from a FOREVER guarantee to a one year guarantee, they didn't even tell any of their customers. I got completely blind sided by this. And, after reading just now that they only received 2.8 stars out of 10 based on 62 reviews on this site, that again says it all!!!"

2017-03-30

refund was within 10 minutes

"I've been buying gift cards from a competitor for years. Lately their success means the discounts aren't what they used to be, So I tried GC zen. I ordered 2 cards. Took a day to get to me. No big deal. My problem was that before printing card, they had a box to check saying printable cards aren't guaranteed. No guarantee! no thank you! The person who sold the card could use it a few days later since they have all the info. If I wanted to buy without a guarantee then I would buy them on Ebay at a better discount. But I buy from re-sellers so that if the originator commits fraud it's their problem and that's why GC Zen gets 15% or so of the selling price. So they also provided a link to cancel order which I clicked and got the refund to pay pal in 10 minutes. Which seems much different than other peoples experiences. So no complaint there. Also to the winers out there; People who sell gift cards may be committing fraud. If your order was cancelled and they returned your money. They don't have to tell me why. You don't need to be a psychic to figure out they did due diligence and discovered it had a 0 balance so they returned your money. Stop wining and be happy they saved you from the fraud, which is why we use re-sellers. Not sure if I will try them again, but if I get the benefit of the 100 day guarantee I may. But next time maybe for a smaller amount under $50 because of the poor ratings and use it right away. Yes then actually getting it within an hour or two matters."

2017-03-27

SCAM!

"Bought $800 worth of electronic gift cards that were supposed to be delivered in 24 hours by email. 72 hours later, no gift cards but they took my money. Called them but no one answers. Emailed them and 48 hours later they told me that my card was declined. I called my bank and they confirm the purchase went through and the money was taken. I told them to deliver the cards of refund my money. No response. I had to dispute the change with my bank. DO NOT BUY>>>THEY ARE A SCAM!! "

2017-03-13

It worked - but the process and communication sucked

"So I basically tried to buy a $100 Amazon gift card for $98.
Long story short I got it!

But the process was NOT explained. After paying (and having them charge your card) - about an hour later I got a text verifying that I placed the order. After I verified that it was indeed me that placed the order - they sent me the card. But it was over an hour later - and they never explained this process. My expectation was that after I pay I should receive the card right away.

Anyway - I got what I wanted - but the communication was crappy about the process which made me feel insecure.

2017-03-09

Get ready to be "verified" for no reason when they have your money

"I don't like how they had to use a "3rd party" to verify our identity as a buyer and that a human contact like calling couldn't by pass that even though the company had my money for hours.

I had purchased three orders prior to this and had no issue.
The lack of information the customer service rep had about what was being "verified" by this 3rd party was what didn't sit right with me.
And the fact that I called and can verify that I am a human wasn't enough is something I didnt like either.

I purchased these gift cards because they said it would be delivered instantly (in 30 minutes) because their were flight prices I needed to jump on. Not wait all day for.

Recap: They have to "verify" you as a buyer even though they take your money and you have nothing to show for it when you are told it will be 30 minutes or less to get their product. And no one that works there knows why or what is being verified.

2017-02-16

Finally satisfied.......I hope.

"Minutes ago I wrote a one star review for Gift Card Zen. Wouldn't you know it, Ryan of Gift Card Zen, just called me to say I have been credited with my purchase price. I felt somewhat taken back, but do feel vindicated. Hope the credit goes through."

2017-02-16

Gift Card Zilch - as in you will get a worthless item

"This company blows. They sold me 7 gift cards from 4 retailers for a total of approx. $250. 4 of the 7 cards had a zero /0/ goose egg/ nada/ zilch balance. While trying figure out how to get refunded I started stumbling across the mountains of other bad review citing similar problems. This company is downright lethargic about taking corrective actions. I reported the cards through their website and got prompt automatic email messages saying they are looking into it but its been several days with no contact from them... I realize they are probably overworked because of all the problems they generate for themselves but they are definitely slow and unresponsive. I will never use their service again and I will continue laying waste to their corporate image until I am refunded the full $115 I have had stolen from me. The very best thing you can say about them is that they just do a really crappy job of vetting the private card sales."

2017-01-25

DO NOT USE!!!! TERRIBLY UNPROFESSIONAL

"I ordered a gift card for neiman Marcus and it was supposed to go through electronically. I waited and nothing so I tried calling them with no reply. I left messages and emailed them. I checked my account this morning and I was credited back my money with no return call or explanation. What a waste of time. I'm spending a few thousand dollars, not chump change so you would figure they want the business. Nevertheless I went to CARD CASH as I have used them before and got my gift cards no problem. I wouldn't be as annoyed if they actually took the time to return my phone calls or emails and explain why however no Courtesy just some unprofessional machine when you call. STAY AWAY FROM GIFT CARD ZEN!!!!!"

2017-01-24

No issues

"I have made at least 10 gift card purchases and have NO ISSUES whatsoever. In fact, they even refunded my money after a store went bankrupt and the gift card could no longer be used. They did not have to do that as it wasn't their problem, but they did and now they have a customer for a long time. Thanks GiftCardZen!

P.S. You receive digital gift card instantly, and I mean INSTANTLY!!

2017-01-11

100% satisfied

"Every card I have purchased has arrived quickly. I have had no problems with any of my purchases. Great product. "

2017-01-04

Scammers

"I thought I'd try them a second time after a previous problem but had the same result. They charge your credit card and then cancel your order. Last time I had to ask my credit card company to step in and get my money back. Now gift card zen says it may take a few days. If you try and call you get a recording with no call back. What a scam!"

Share Gift Card Zen's store rating

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member
Gift Card Zen does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!