• Gift Card Zen

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.13/10 6.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.28/10 5.28/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.21/10 5.21/10

"Look No Further About Doing Business with GiftCardZen

Last week, I made a purchase with GiftCardZen. Immediately after clicking “Purchase Now” a screen came up and said to go back and try again. That’s not what my bank said, it’s not what my charge said, and it is not what PayPal said.

After speaking with my bank – which is Bank of America – and PayPal too, all of us inferred that I was in fact charged for the transaction.

On a $662 charge, I still had the product in my cart, no order number and no confirmation email. But I had a bill, and a massive one at that.

I called customer service urgently to no avail. Someone named Kyle got back to me in 26 hours – knowing the urgency of the situation. We went back and forth SEVEN TIMES. Are you kidding? And they said I was in fact “not charged”… Funny, because I had a payable to PayPal and a bank confirming I was in fact charged. Their customer service is rude and impolite. With Internet competition within the discounted gift card industry, why should you shop with a company that creates headaches for its customers – ones that spend a lot on their products and do not abide by moral, sound business? It took DAYS and HOURS of time to get my money back. Shame on them, they should not exist.

Stay away. You will save yourself a headache. Go use GiftCardZen’s competitors. I think it’s truly sad they are in business. Never again will I use them and neither should you.

"Contacted Gift Card Zen about selling Microsoft Point cards and was instructed to send them in. They claimed the cards could not be verified and returned cards. Out expense of shipping cards and frustration of dealing with Zen. Later sold all the cards individually on eBay with no problems whatsoever. Giving them one star because zero stars is not an option. "

This review was modified by papi52 on June 10 2015 06:50:14 AM

"Gift card zen is driving me crazy.

I received a macbook pro that I returned for a gift card. I called the company to make sure it was legit and the customer was like if you are so skeptical send us the half of the gift card value which is $700 first and if you are satisfied with the service you can go ahead with the second one. It was actually what i was hoping to hear so I sent him my Apple gift card and within 2 weeks as promised the transaction was done.

As a happy customer , I decided to send again the second gift card $718. The sale was approved right away and a week later the sale was completed after me mailing them the card. 12 days later I haven't received my check. The agent keep telling me the same story. " I just talked to the accounting department looks like your check will be mailed this afternoon or tomorrow"

Last friday the agent even swore my check will be mailed the afternoon.

Today is monday and without receiving any confirmation email I called them again. The agent had the guts to lie to me that my check was sent this morning. BS! I have never received an email stating that so i urged him to handle the line to a supervisor.

The supervisor one arrogant man tells me that my check will be mailed again this afternoon or tomorrow. I was like really I believed it has already been mailed moron. He adds we can mail you back your gift card if you want.

Really? it took your almost 2 weeks to figure out that option?

I told him you should mail me my check overnight delivery because thats good customer service which he answered we don t offer such service.

Really? But what you offer is a SCAM SERVICE.

Here is my two cents. THOSE CRIMINALS ARE TRYING TO SELL MY GIFT CARD FIRST THUS THE DELAY. I HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR THAT. THE DEAL IS YOU GET MY CARD SEND ME MY CHECK AND SELL MY CARD WHEN AND HOWEVEVER YOU WANT. ANOTHER THING THEY WILL PROCESS YOUR FIRST TRANSACTION SMOOTHLY SO THAT YOU CAN BE HAPPY AND COME BACK AND THEY WILL SCREW YOU ON THE SECOND ONE. Luring customers to believe they have ethics what a shame!

I told the supervisor if you dont send me my check today 06/08/15 you will have to please send my card back. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS COMPANY PHONY GAMES. I WONT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM IN THE FUTURE. ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. CANT EVEN OFFER OVERNIGHT DELIVERY WHEN THEY ARE WRONG. BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO SAVE$15 ON OVERNIGHT DELIVERY THEY WILL LOSE THOUSANDS IN THE FUTURE. CHEAP COMPANY. I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A BAD REVIEW ABOUT A COMPANY BEFORE BUT FOR 718$ I WILL SURELY DO MORE THAN THIS. I had commitments , counting on that money and now I am in such mess thanks to Gift card zen.

"I wanted a pair of shoes from Dicks Sporting Goods. I wasn't in any sort of hurry. I googled promo codes. I was linked to Gift Card Zen's web site. I was a little skeptical. I did some research and concluded it was legit. I ordered my card. BEFORE ORDERING, be aware that some cards are emailed to you... Others require a physical card to be sent. Mine was a physical card to be sent. I would have preferred being emailed a card code/ pin. But, whatever. It wasn't an option for Dick's. It took a week for me to get my card. Probably would have been faster but I ordered right before memorial day weekend. Anyway, I saved $13 on the shoes and ended up getting free shipping (Not a benefit of giftcard zen). Cant beat that. $13 I can use towards some other stuff. The odd amounts threw me off a little, but that's to cover your taxes. How often are your purchases exactly $50, $75, $100, etc.? I ended up being like $.15 cents over so now my card has some change on it. Whatever, I still saved. Thanks! I don't know how they do this, but it works! You just cant be in a huge hurry to make your purchase from your store. If what you want to buy, Shoes for example, is on sale for say just three more days and you want to order a card to save a little more... and your card has to be mailed... don't disappoint yourself and cut it too close. You might miss out on the sale. Just be aware that some cards take time to get. Gift Card Zen makes it clear. Dont give them a bad review for your poor planning or not paying attention to the details. "

This review was modified by gmarchlewicz on June 03 2015 04:10:31 PM

"I sold a gift card to Gift Card Zen, and I would look elsewhere to sell your cards unless ridiculous delays are your thing. It took 10 days for them to acknowledge receipt of the card (mailed from TX to AZ) then once they did so, they emailed that my order was on the way to the accounting dept. 5 days later the accounting dept emailed saying they had the order and would start processing a check - then let me know when it is sent. At this point I mailed the card to them over two weeks ago and they havent even processed payment yet! Either something shady is going on, or this company is run by morons. "

This review was modified by salaw1980 on May 15 2015 02:55:10 PM

"Ripoff. Sold me a 838.00 giftcard to PGA Superstore that was worthless and not honored by PGA. They charged my card immediately, but as of today (almost a week later) I have yet to receive my refund. Will be disputing with the credit card company. Save yourself the trouble and buy elsewhere."

"In 11 months I have completed 28 orders with "zen", purchasing as many as 8 cards at once. I have purchased more than 75 cards, and had a problem with ONE. I called and they confirmed number was wrong, probably a data entry error. Purchase was credited while I waited. I've used cardpool, cardcash, raise, ABC... Zen is the best!!!"

zeta's Avatar

Arizona, US

"Ordered on March 2015 a Tiffany Gift Card, after a month I used it on April 2015 and it still had the gift card amount I purchased.

These were for Physical Gift Cards, and I received them within a week of the order date.

Back in Nov 2014, I also ordered digital gift card from Home Depot, and until April 2015 they still have the exact balance on them.

"I received an email from GCZ asking if I would be willing to write this review. NO COMPENSATION WAS EXCHANGED.

I've been a happy customer for ~ 1 year now. I've saved literally hundreds, possibly bordering on a thousand $.

There have been two instances (out of dozens) where a card was delivered with an incorrect balance. I emailed the company's customer support each time and the issue was fixed within 12 hours.

All other transactions were flawless. E-giftcards arrive in minutes. Mailed cards are sent out that business day or the one following.

I've had great success making purchases with my debit card, returning home and purchasing a gift card to cover the total, and having the merchant swap out method of payment the next time I'm out shopping. This is the best way to not wind up with dozens and dozens of cards that you could lose and to maximize potential savings.

This site saved my budget this year. I've had to buy 3 wardrobes- maternity (30% off at a pea in a pod? Yes please!) , postpartum/return to work-sized, and now that I'm back to my original size, my original wardrobe needed serious updating. Oh, more than that... Baby's wardrobe too. 20% off at Burlington Coat Factory make new clothes from there as cheap as second-hand! (Used that one for a crib mattress too)

We also have a newer house and the lowes and Home Depot deals have helped tremendously.

Highly recommend this site/service.

This review was modified by Meremacha on March 28 2015 08:13:03 AM

"I bought a $200 Marshalls/TJ Maxx gift card on March 24, 2014 at 3:35pm. I was very nervous about whether or not the gift card would be legitimate, and waited about 20 or so minutes for the electronic card to arrive in my inbox (very nervously!). But when it did arrive, I quickly went to my local Marshalls to redeem it on a physical gift card, as it makes me feel better having the physical card. More sense of security.

I paid $165 for a $200 card, saving $35 -- and it worked perfectly. No bumps or bruises. I used this site's reviews as a way to figure out whether or not to use this site, as I've noticed shadiness with ABC Gift Cards, Kangaroo Gift Cards and Gift Card Granny. The only site I would recommend other than Gift Card Zen, based on savings, is Raise.com. But GCZ exceeded my expectations and I'll gladly buy from them again.

**I also thought the positive reviews were written by the company at first, and am happy to say I don't think so anymore based on my own success with the site.

This review was modified by mermaidannabella on March 24 2015 05:59:15 PM

"I have bought resale gift cards from 6 or 7 different sites, depending on who's got the best deal on what I'm buying. Gift Card Zen is the only one that I have consistently good luck with. I am ready to give up on all the others, and just use Gift Card Zen, even though it's not always the biggest discount. Keep up the thorough screening and good customer service!"

"I have ordered almost 50 cards worth over $2000 from GiftCardZen and i've only had one issue that they promptly resolved. Their discounts are as good as or better than most other sites, they clearly indicate if a gift card is printable or not when other sites do not, and they process your orders quickly.
I have not tried to sell any cards to GCZen so i cannot comment on that aspect of their business, but on the buying side they are my 1st choice and i recommend them to everybody

This review was modified by natedk38 on February 27 2015 06:22:09 PM

"I purchased a card from Gift Card Zen for Amazon. When I went to use it, it said it had "Already been claimed". I contacted them, and did not receive a response for 3 days. I sent multiple emails and they STILL did not reply to me. Eventually, they replied saying they did an investigation and that they would not be able to refund me. I am out $200 for a bad amazon card, and am now trying to dispute the charge with my bank.
STAY AWAY!

This review was modified by Unsatisfied12 on February 16 2015 08:19:23 PM

"Really easy way to buy online for less than it would have cost to put it on a credit card in one go. Definitely the way to save about 10%."

"$$$ Have bought over 20 cards now. Customer service is A+ "

Share Gift Card Zen's store rating

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member
Gift Card Zen does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!