Stores > Gift Card Zen

Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
2017-01-11

100% satisfied

"Every card I have purchased has arrived quickly. I have had no problems with any of my purchases. Great product. "

2017-01-04

Scammers

"I thought I'd try them a second time after a previous problem but had the same result. They charge your credit card and then cancel your order. Last time I had to ask my credit card company to step in and get my money back. Now gift card zen says it may take a few days. If you try and call you get a recording with no call back. What a scam!"

2016-12-15

Zen and the art of getting ripped off

"These people are disreputable scum--read the reviews. My experience was absolutely HORRIBLE. I placed several orders with them. Website says: "Electronic and printable cards will be delivered to your account 24/7, processing time may take up to 30 minutes." Don't believe it! My first order took them almost a full day to process, but they finally did. The third time I ordered, they couldn't be bothered to process it all weekend (right before Xmas-seriously?).

And so I emailed them asking them to take care of it and quoting what they promise on their website. The following morning, I wake up to a letter telling me that both cards in my order had been cancelled. Why? They were completely vague and wouldn't tell me why. I suspect it was because I had the nerve to actually complain, and these spineless little slackers can't stand a word of criticism. So, my kids didn't get their Christmas presents on time, and then I find out that they've CHARGED ME for the orders. To the tune of $700! So now I have no gift cards and a $700 bank charge which, days and days later, still has not gone away. I called their helpline, and no one could be bothered to call me back. This is a scam. They steal people's money and don't deliver the cards. I'm going to report them to the Better Business Bureau--and you should too. Let's shut these thieves down. There are many other reputable places you can buy gift cards, including your local grocery store. That's a much better option than these losers.

This review was modified by Greil on December 15 2016 05:48:02 PM

2016-11-25

Complete Sham Company

"I ordered $250 with seven gift cards from this shady gift card zen outfit and then after two days they all of a sudden cancel the entire order on me with no reason at all given. I will never do business with them again and urge anyone else not to either! I thought my Christmas shopping was al done and now I have to start back at square one again. I would give this bogus place one star if I could!!!"

This review was modified by Nicoleahiw on November 25 2016 08:02:35 PM

2016-09-26

Crap Shoot on if you get a valid card or not

"I think I'm right at 50-50. Half the cards I buy are valid. The other half are invalid or have a $0 balance. Apparently they don't bother to validate the cards before they sell them to you. Now I need to go check my credit card statements to make sure I've gotten all the refunds I'm supposed to get.

Find a different GC reseller.

2016-06-25

Do not use them!!

"I had a horrible experience, where I sold them a gift card. They validated it. They paid me for it. Then they 2 months later asked for the money back because the merchant said it was a fraud. This was a card I got from my mom as a birthday present. Do not use them!"

This review was modified by joemellin on June 25 2016 06:00:07 PM

2016-06-24

Beware

"I have never felt the need to write a review for a gift card site, mostly because I have never had a problem. I purchased a $100 gift card to Regal Cinemas from Gift Card Zen and went to the movies that day to purchase tickets. I was told the gift card had insufficient funds. I then called Regal Cinemas and they explained that the card was purchased directly from them by this company WITH A COMPROMISED CREDIT CARD! So they basically zeroed the balance to all gift cards that were purchased with that stolen credit card. BEWARE!"

2016-05-09

Smooth transaction

"I recently used GiftCard Zen for the first time and had a great experience. I was a little leery given some reviews, but decided to do it anyway. For a $200 BestBuy GiftCard the Coinstar machine only offered me $130. Robbery! So I figured try one of these online guys.

I sold my card to GiftCard Zen on April 16. Within three weeks I had my check for what they promised. Easy and simple. I highly recommend.

This review was modified by Tyrion281 on May 09 2016 07:38:54 AM

2016-02-18

Trust me, you will regret using Gift Card Zen

"I have warned you. I have never had problems with Gift Cards using other company. My first time using Gift Card Zen, they took $77 from my account and received $0 balance card.

You are warned.....

2016-02-01

Not worth the trouble dealing with Gift Card Zen

"Giftcard Zen is constantly cancelling orders that I placed. I called them several times to try and resolve the issue. I was purchasing cards from several sites as i am doing extensive remodeling and apparently this raised a flag with their security software. No one there knows how to fix this issue. All they keep telling me is to keep trying. Well, it's just not worth the trouble. Not when there are several other card sites that offer great deals. My advice is to avoid the frustration that you will probably run into with Zen. Hard to believe that no one there knows how to correct a software glitch. Of course it could be worse. Imagine if you purchased cards and had a problem and there was no one who knows how to fix that. Now that would really hurt. "

This review was modified by Bisely44 on February 01 2016 04:06:38 PM

2015-12-29

"Couldn't be a worse experience. Had to create several accounts with different emails and used two different credit cards. Never got the card I was trying to buy. Maybe they're just data mining. But when a person with a 740 credit rating and credit cards with over $10,000 available credit on each can't buy a $100 gift card well something is very wrong and fishy. Who takes three days to verify or decide to ship something...heck it was long enough for the charge to actually post to my credit card (that's well beyond just authorization). Then make me jump through all those hoops too... I'll just stay away, that's for sure."

This review was modified by StevenP4 on December 29 2015 04:32:44 PM

2015-12-17

"After fighting with my chase credit card, I got no help to get my money back with their fraudulent cards. Next step, I will file a bbb complaint. Then I will file a attorney general complaint. I just cant go to court with them, since they are not in my state.
They are the worst animals!

This review was modified by loveya on December 17 2015 02:16:18 PM

2015-12-07

They sell you Gift Cards, dont check the balance, don't answer the phones

"Shouldn't these people check the balance of an e gift card before sending it out?

I raised them from 1 star to 3 star as they gave me a refund within a day.

This review was modified by mitchflorida on October 24 2016 08:32:43 AM

2015-10-22

"If you are selling them a gift card, LIE ABOUT THE ORIGIN OF THE GIFT CARD. Say you got it directly from the store and didn't need it anymore. I purchased a gift card from a user on a forum known for trading and I was honest about it. They rejected the card because of "high fraud risk." Well all you've done is incentivize me to lie or go elsewhere. If there's such a risk of fraud, why ask for my credit card information? Isn't that the remedy? It took them 3 days to reject the card. I sold it to Cardpool and the check has been sent after 2 hours. Gift Card Zen might pay a better rate but it's not worth the headache. There's a reason Cardpool is the market leader."

2015-08-27

"Surprised by the low rating here. I have purchased at least 7 or 8 cards from them, and every time the card & pin have shown up in my inbox almost immediately. And every card has been valid."

Share Gift Card Zen's store rating

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member
Gift Card Zen does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!