• Gift Card Zen

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.22/10 7.22/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.56/10 6.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"I sold a gift card to Gift Card Zen, and I would look elsewhere to sell your cards unless ridiculous delays are your thing. It took 10 days for them to acknowledge receipt of the card (mailed from TX to AZ) then once they did so, they emailed that my order was on the way to the accounting dept. 5 days later the accounting dept emailed saying they had the order and would start processing a check - then let me know when it is sent. At this point I mailed the card to them over two weeks ago and they havent even processed payment yet! Either something shady is going on, or this company is run by morons. "

modified review This review was modified by salaw1980 on May 15 2015 02:55:10 PM

"Ripoff. Sold me a 838.00 giftcard to PGA Superstore that was worthless and not honored by PGA. They charged my card immediately, but as of today (almost a week later) I have yet to receive my refund. Will be disputing with the credit card company. Save yourself the trouble and buy elsewhere."

"In 11 months I have completed 28 orders with "zen", purchasing as many as 8 cards at once. I have purchased more than 75 cards, and had a problem with ONE. I called and they confirmed number was wrong, probably a data entry error. Purchase was credited while I waited. I've used cardpool, cardcash, raise, ABC... Zen is the best!!!"

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"Ordered on March 2015 a Tiffany Gift Card, after a month I used it on April 2015 and it still had the gift card amount I purchased.

These were for Physical Gift Cards, and I received them within a week of the order date.

Back in Nov 2014, I also ordered digital gift card from Home Depot, and until April 2015 they still have the exact balance on them.

"I received an email from GCZ asking if I would be willing to write this review. NO COMPENSATION WAS EXCHANGED.

I've been a happy customer for ~ 1 year now. I've saved literally hundreds, possibly bordering on a thousand $.

There have been two instances (out of dozens) where a card was delivered with an incorrect balance. I emailed the company's customer support each time and the issue was fixed within 12 hours.

All other transactions were flawless. E-giftcards arrive in minutes. Mailed cards are sent out that business day or the one following.

I've had great success making purchases with my debit card, returning home and purchasing a gift card to cover the total, and having the merchant swap out method of payment the next time I'm out shopping. This is the best way to not wind up with dozens and dozens of cards that you could lose and to maximize potential savings.

This site saved my budget this year. I've had to buy 3 wardrobes- maternity (30% off at a pea in a pod? Yes please!) , postpartum/return to work-sized, and now that I'm back to my original size, my original wardrobe needed serious updating. Oh, more than that... Baby's wardrobe too. 20% off at Burlington Coat Factory make new clothes from there as cheap as second-hand! (Used that one for a crib mattress too)

We also have a newer house and the lowes and Home Depot deals have helped tremendously.

Highly recommend this site/service.

modified review This review was modified by Meremacha on March 28 2015 08:13:03 AM

"I bought a $200 Marshalls/TJ Maxx gift card on March 24, 2014 at 3:35pm. I was very nervous about whether or not the gift card would be legitimate, and waited about 20 or so minutes for the electronic card to arrive in my inbox (very nervously!). But when it did arrive, I quickly went to my local Marshalls to redeem it on a physical gift card, as it makes me feel better having the physical card. More sense of security.

I paid $165 for a $200 card, saving $35 -- and it worked perfectly. No bumps or bruises. I used this site's reviews as a way to figure out whether or not to use this site, as I've noticed shadiness with ABC Gift Cards, Kangaroo Gift Cards and Gift Card Granny. The only site I would recommend other than Gift Card Zen, based on savings, is Raise.com. But GCZ exceeded my expectations and I'll gladly buy from them again.

**I also thought the positive reviews were written by the company at first, and am happy to say I don't think so anymore based on my own success with the site.

modified review This review was modified by mermaidannabella on March 24 2015 05:59:15 PM

"I have bought resale gift cards from 6 or 7 different sites, depending on who's got the best deal on what I'm buying. Gift Card Zen is the only one that I have consistently good luck with. I am ready to give up on all the others, and just use Gift Card Zen, even though it's not always the biggest discount. Keep up the thorough screening and good customer service!"

"I have ordered almost 50 cards worth over $2000 from GiftCardZen and i've only had one issue that they promptly resolved. Their discounts are as good as or better than most other sites, they clearly indicate if a gift card is printable or not when other sites do not, and they process your orders quickly.
I have not tried to sell any cards to GCZen so i cannot comment on that aspect of their business, but on the buying side they are my 1st choice and i recommend them to everybody

modified review This review was modified by natedk38 on February 27 2015 06:22:09 PM

"I purchased a card from Gift Card Zen for Amazon. When I went to use it, it said it had "Already been claimed". I contacted them, and did not receive a response for 3 days. I sent multiple emails and they STILL did not reply to me. Eventually, they replied saying they did an investigation and that they would not be able to refund me. I am out $200 for a bad amazon card, and am now trying to dispute the charge with my bank.
STAY AWAY!

modified review This review was modified by Unsatisfied12 on February 16 2015 08:19:23 PM

"Really easy way to buy online for less than it would have cost to put it on a credit card in one go. Definitely the way to save about 10%."

"$$$ Have bought over 20 cards now. Customer service is A+ "

"I've had a great experience with Gift Card Zen and I'm looking forward to dealing with them again! Easy ordering, fast shipment, fast customer service! Just great all around!"

modified review This review was modified by hdryu on February 12 2015 12:06:07 PM

"I use several different discounted gift card websites and haven't had any problems with the gift cards not working or the balances. I must say that gift card zen does have some of the higher discounts for most of the stores I shop at. They are very quick to email me the gift cards after I purchase them usually within 10 minutes of checkout. "

"I bought a 100.00 JAlexanders gift card from them and i went to redeem it and it had a 0.00 balance. Gift card zen said it would take 10 business days for a refund to credit card,yet they took my money in one day! Customer service said:" IT HAPPENS" and could care less about it! Corporate at Jalexanders said 10 gift cards were bought with a stolen credit card, anf they voided all 10 cards. Giftcardzen said mine was the only one that had a problem. lies.lies!"

"I have used GCZ countless times and have never had an issue! In fact, I tend to buy digital cards on my phone while in stores and use them right at checkout. So great. Save the website link to your home screen and it functions as an app pretty darn well.

Customer service is excellent at GCZ. There are real people there to answer your emails and calls and they are super friendly too! The only time I have experienced a delay in getting my card was because they suspected fraud (I entered the wrong CVV code too many times), which I actually am appreciative of.

This is a company I absolutely trust and recommend!

Share Gift Card Zen's store rating

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Zen is not a merchant member
Gift Card Zen does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!