Stores > Gift Card Rescue

Product & services pricing Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10

2016-04-23

Won't Refund eGift Purchases After 24 Hours

"I purchased an $85 American Eagle eGift card from GiftCardRescue back towards the end of 2015 for $63.50. The gift card in question had a $0 balance on it. When I called to check the balance of the gift card, through the company they issued the gift cards, the operator told me that the gift card was spent the day before it was delivered to me via email. GiftCardRescue refused to refund me because I waited more than 24 hours after the purchase.

I purchased this on a Discover Card and they sided GiftCardRescue because it was written in their TOS that I had 24 hours to contact them for an eGift Card. This is bad seller, do not use them for your gift card purchases. They offer no protection against scams and should be held culpable in my opinion.

When I filed a chargeback with my Discover Card, they ruled in GiftCardRescue's favor. The Accounts Manager for Discover agreed that the situation was not right, and in the end to compensated me $50, but they still ruled in GiftCardRescue's favor (meaning GiftCardRescue still got paid).

Bottom line is GiftCardRescue will not protect you, and Discover Card will not protect you from this company. Avoid purchasing gift cards from them. It's simply not worth it. Merchants like Raise.com, CardCash, or ABC Gift Cards are much safer bets.

This review was modified by TheManLawless on April 23 2016 03:33:22 PM

2016-04-06

Shipped card 3 months ago, they sold it, won't pay me for it

"I have one better than Kyle. I mailed my $25 AMC gift card Jan 4, 2016. Approximately 2 weeks later, they claimed they still did not receive it. I called and spoke with Benjamin (he's the only guy who ever answers) he said they were backed up in processing. (I think it means he is). He asked to call next Friday and he would then take action (versus them calling me).

I did this ever week with no resolution. On Feb 27, they claimed a check was mailed and to keep checking. No check.

March 18, Benjamin said they would 're-issue' the check and to give it 2 weeks despite my objection to this time frame.

April 6, today I have no check. Benjamin states he shows it was re-issued. **C'mon, the postal service can make a mistake, but 2 times now? I'm confident it was never issued.** Benjamin says he is escalating to his financial manager and wanted me to call back tomorrow. I asked he call me as I've made dozens of calls. I also said, I expect an overnight check, payment via pay pal, or cash equivalent card of my $25 (not the $18 agreed upon amount. They have a 100% money back guarantee and I want it at this point.

I looked up AMC gift cards and they don't have any to sell. So, 3rd month now and they got free $25 from me. This IS FRAUDULENT!!! When (IF) he calls tomorrow, unless I'm asked for my PayPal account or other wire like transfer ability, I will likely start the next process of legal action, including contacting the Attorney General and other legal bodies. Sure it will WASTE my time, but given the time investment I've felt, the principles involved, and my desire for them to feel pain if they don't make it right translate to me wasting more time.

This review was modified by smithdb.spam on April 06 2016 09:04:16 AM

2016-03-11

Buyer Beware, worst customer service after selling invalid card

"this business sold me gift card saying its good for 90 days, Gift card should never expire.
after gift card purchase, one month later i try to use at Lowe's, they said we do not accept anymore and call where u purchase this gift card, i called gift card rescue but they refuse to refund or exchange new card.
***** stay away from this business ******

This review was modified by sitap on March 11 2016 07:27:21 AM

2016-03-09

Do not use this company if you want fast cash.

"Sold my card to them and sent it in January 2016. Finally a month later they respond that they got it and are sending a check. Wow, you mean it took the postal service a month to get it to them? Their email said it would take up to 3 weeks for the check they are mailing me to arrive, Strange how I can mail something and it takes a max of 4 days to arrive. Email said if it didn't arrive in 3 weeks to contact them. How? They don't answer their phone or email. I guess I could write them but we all know that would take a month to arrive. So I guess I am just out the money I should have gotten for the card. I guess I should have just re-gifted the card. Would have made more sense than the hassle I am going through now.
UPDATE:
Finally they "re-issued" check. I guess they do a lot of re-issuing. So I did get paid. But this process took 3 months. If you want your money fast, don't use this company.

This review was modified by spiderpet on April 12 2016 08:29:49 AM

2016-02-18

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

"I sent them a gift card my daughter received for Christmas in December. I have yet to receive the money for this card. I sent it certified mail so they cannot deny receiving it. They stated they sent me a check which I never got. Since then I have had nothing but the run around from them if I can actually get them on the phone. They claim to have reissued a check, but will not give me a tracking number for it being sent. I will never do business with this company again and strongly suggest that nobody else does. I will continue to call them and hopefully they will eventually send me the money."

This review was modified by Stef1127 on February 18 2016 06:39:21 PM

2016-02-08

Shady From The Get Go

"I wanted to purchase a gift card for my granddaughter and GCR had the best price. So I signed up for an account. But when I tried to make a purchase I was told that I wasn't immediately allowed to buy electronic gift cards from them and that my account would show the date that I could make such purchases; no such date ever appeared on my account. I was also told to contact them for an explanation. That was a red flag for me. I buy gift cards every week from several different sources and have yet to encounter a problem with buying from these other businesses. Discounted gift cards are a great way to save money. I had already decided that I wouldn't buy from GCR but my curiosity led me to send them an email asking for an explanation. After 24 hours with no reply I called them. They told me that I had to first purchase a physical gift card and that 30 days after that I could purchase an electronic gift card. They said it was for security reasons and refused to give any other information. That's when I decided to come to this site and find out about the experiences of others. I didn't lose any money to GCR and my review doesn't provide any new information. I just wrote it to say thank you to those who generously shared their stories and warned others about this business. There definitely appears to be something wrong here."

2016-01-14

Don't sell your GC to these folks

"They never gave me the money they owed me. Kept the GC and reported they never received it.

It's just BS..

There are other really great ones out there. Legit. This one not so much.

Carlamay0525@aol.com >>> TY for keeping my card!!!

2016-01-06

"Horrible customer service. Took 6 days to get an ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF E-GIFT CARD!!!!! I had to verify my credit card, which is a two step process. I did the online one, then they make you call a phone number, except that nobody ever picks up that phone number. Then when I finally got through I asked if they could switch the credit card because my husband wasn't home to verify it over they phone and they said they couldn't so I just asked them to cancel the order. They didn't even seem the least bit bothered by the bad experience I had with them. I'll stick with other places like SaveYa."

This review was modified by omsunam on January 06 2016 12:15:06 PM

2015-12-03

"I made an order with this company online to purchase 3 Home Depot discount egift cards on 10/13/15. The next day I was sent a follow-up email that I needed to verify my information to continue the order. I called the number provided during business hours and only got a voice mail with a full voice box so I couldn't leave any messages. I tried calling later and experienced the same problem. I was told in the email that I had 3 days to verify my info or my order would be cancelled. Only one day of the three passed and they cancelled my order. It was a lose-lose situation for me. I pleaded with them to not cancel my order as a response to their email informing them that I was unable to get a hold of them at the number provided. They still cancelled it and told me that I have to wait 4 - 6 weeks to receive my refund. It has been 7 weeks and still no refund. I've never heard of a merchant taking so long to refund an electronic transaction using a debit card. I believe they keep the money all that time to get interest free loans from suckers like me for their investment purposes. I tried calling again today during business hours, but the phone only rang and rang. I sent them an email on 11/26 and didn't receive a response. I will never purchase from this company again no matter how good of deals they offer. Due to the lack of their professionalism, I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and will have my bank reverse the transaction. Just in case this review finally gets your attention GiftCardRescue, my order is MNCR to verify the validity of my review."

2015-11-16

"November 16, 2015
There is a new scam out there!

(after reading this, also see the review on July 30, 2015 by someone else... same problem!)

Someone can buy gift cards on their credit card directly from a business – say Best Buy, JC Penny, or in my case PF Chang - then sell the gift cards to GCR (Gift Card Rescue). Once they receive the money for the cards from GCR, they call their credit card company and deny the charge. Once that happens, the original merchant that sold the gift card will zero out the gift card because they were back charged. This happened to me. I bought two $150 PF Chang gift cards from GCR. When I got them, they were good. After I received them, the original purchaser that sold them to GCR called their credit card company and denied the charge. PF Chang was back charged by that credit card company so they voided the two cards that I purchased. I called GCR, but they won’t do anything about it. I am now SOL as they say. GCR also admitted that this has happed to them before and apparently it’s a new FRAUD scheme out there. So don’t YOU get RIPPED OFF! BEWARE.

This review was modified by beware151 on November 16 2015 06:22:17 PM

2015-10-20

"Terrible experience! I cancelled an oder and they promised they would refund within 4-6 weeks! Yes, you didn't get me wrong! They said 4-6 WEEKS!!! OK, even though it's a ridiculously long time, I still wait patiently. However, they still didn't refund me after 6 weeks. I sent emai, made phone call to them with regards to refund, they never replied. I have to go to bank to dispute that transaction. So if anyone of you is also waiting for refund, I would recommend you not to waste your time! Go to bank and dispute immediately!!!"

2015-10-15

"I sold a giftcard in August. I still haven't received payment and it is October. The communication process is ridiculous, they send emails rather than talking in person. After multiple calls to the company, I spoke with one person in two months. I finally received a check dated sept 25th ( one month after my giftcard was received by them) and I sold my giftcard in August. I was unable to cash this check because they reissued another check with no explanations as to why. So I have a check I can't cash because the funds are not there. I was sent a tracking number for the second check on oct 5th but the check was never actually accepted by USPS until October 13th. So it took 8 days after the shipping label was created to actually ship... That's awful.. Why such a delay?? I am currently still waiting for a check that I can actually cash.... absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand why it took a month to issue my check in the first place and then reissue a new check. It doesn't make any sense. Seems like shady business practices to me. If the company simply forgot to issue me payment in the beginning why wouldn't you be honest and tell me that. Rather, you issue a late check, send it out, tell me my first check is in the mail still somewhere so I can't cash the check dated from sept because it's been cancelled (still no explanation as to why it's cancelled) and still waiting... I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN!"

2015-08-05

"What a waste of time and money. I sold 8 giftcards to them and then a week or so after mailing them to them (a cost that came out of my pocket), they said they weren't going to take them.

What a horrible and unfriendly way of doing business.

After doing some more research it seems this is a pretty common operating practice for them too.

Buyer and Seller beware.

This review was modified by Majikow on August 05 2015 07:11:36 AM

2015-07-30

"Bought a card and checked the balance when it arrived and it was all there. This was a Christmas present for someone living/going to school out of town. They went to use it and the balance was $0. They said no refund as it was after their 60 day guarantee period. This was a Pac Sun card and I called them to see when and where it was used and it is in their Corporate office for fraud, whoever bought this used a credit card that was not theirs and then sold it on Gift Card Rescue who paid them the money. I'm sure they're going to get their money back by having their bank reverse the credit as long as the bank they put it into is still active but they won't give me my money back. Even went to the BBB which they are not accredited with. Gift Card Rescue's website states "The sale of stolen property or the perpetration of fraud on GiftCardRescue.com is strictly forbidden and violates the law" and other wording. Their website is a fraud because they are not doing anything even though I told them the card I purchased was from the sale of stolen property. DO NOT use this website they are a rip off! Use Raise.com they are great!"

This review was modified by 1goldberg1 on July 30 2015 05:30:50 PM

2015-07-21

"Horrible customer service. They changed the value they offered me for my cards after I sent them in and they held on to them for 2 weeks. Absolutely ridiculous. Be aware, do not use! "

This review was modified by Weaveta on July 21 2015 08:39:17 AM

Share Gift Card Rescue's store rating

Gift Card Rescue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Rescue is not a merchant member
Gift Card Rescue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!