• Gift Card Rescu

Product & services pricing Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10

"What a waste of time and money. I sold 8 giftcards to them and then a week or so after mailing them to them (a cost that came out of my pocket), they said they weren't going to take them.

What a horrible and unfriendly way of doing business.

After doing some more research it seems this is a pretty common operating practice for them too.

Buyer and Seller beware.

This review was modified by Majikow on August 05 2015 07:11:36 AM

"Bought a card and checked the balance when it arrived and it was all there. This was a Christmas present for someone living/going to school out of town. They went to use it and the balance was $0. They said no refund as it was after their 60 day guarantee period. This was a Pac Sun card and I called them to see when and where it was used and it is in their Corporate office for fraud, whoever bought this used a credit card that was not theirs and then sold it on Gift Card Rescue who paid them the money. I'm sure they're going to get their money back by having their bank reverse the credit as long as the bank they put it into is still active but they won't give me my money back. Even went to the BBB which they are not accredited with. Gift Card Rescue's website states "The sale of stolen property or the perpetration of fraud on GiftCardRescue.com is strictly forbidden and violates the law" and other wording. Their website is a fraud because they are not doing anything even though I told them the card I purchased was from the sale of stolen property. DO NOT use this website they are a rip off! Use Raise.com they are great!"

This review was modified by 1goldberg1 on July 30 2015 05:30:50 PM

"Horrible customer service. They changed the value they offered me for my cards after I sent them in and they held on to them for 2 weeks. Absolutely ridiculous. Be aware, do not use! "

This review was modified by Weaveta on July 21 2015 08:39:17 AM

"CUSTOMERS BEWARE!!! It took me over TWO MONTHS to receive a payment after sending them my gift cards.

I had $350 worth of accumulated gift cards that I was never going to use. So I decided to sell them. Their website states that you will be issued a check within 48 hours of them receiving your gift cards. Sounds good! NOT!
I sent in all my gift cards with ALL the paperwork required. Two WEEKS later, they contact me notifying me that before sending my a check, I have to go around and get WRITTEN APPROVAL from EVERY SINGLE person each gift card was from! Are you kidding me!? It was horribly awkward to track down and ask every single person who gave me a gift card to hand write and sign a letter saying that I have permission to sell "their" gift card.
THEN, after over a MONTH of going back and forth and fighting tooth-and-nail for them to pay me, they issue my check. Then they notify me that the check's can take up to 14 days to arrive in the mail! 14 days later, no check. I call them. They say "In some cases it can take up to 20 days for the check to arrive." -- WHY? What podunk mail service could possible take 20 days to deliver a letter? 20 day mark hits. No check. I call again, and they tell me that "We can re-issue a new check, but we cannot put a rush on it, and it can take up to 14 days to arrive". I say no. At this point, I'm infuriated and am in touch with my lawyer gearing up for a lawsuit to get my money and for breach of contract. Two days later, the check shows up.

I sent in my old gift cards for some extra cash, and it took over 2 months to get paid, and cost me one of the biggest headaches of my life.

Please do yourself a favor and use a different company.

This review was modified by Elijah_58 on July 02 2015 07:53:44 AM

"Watch out buyers! If there is an issue with your Electronic GC, you only have 24H to report a problem or you will only receive store credit as a refund, despite that fact that this company erred. How ridiculous is 24H anyway! Just beware."

"Gift Card Rescue is shady! I sent them $3000 in legit Macy's Gift Cards, I went through their nightmare of a process that seems easy upfront only to finally say the heck with it send them back to me. I had to send them self addressed envelop (fed-ex with tracking number) to get them back! I've called them over 10 times and no one calls you back, I still dont have my cards back!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! ROBERT"

This review was modified by RDRENK on March 16 2015 12:15:34 PM

"Still waiting on a refund from a month back. THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE. STAY AWAY FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by Byro007 on March 09 2015 11:44:35 AM

"Still waiting on a refund from an order on January 21st that was cancelled by them. They cancelled two other orders since. It's been over a month and no refund. I finally disputed the charges with credit card company and will let them handle. No communications from GCR and the cancelled orders do not show up on my account so the only record I have is my credit card bill. "

This review was modified by insureco on March 04 2015 01:46:56 PM

"This company is a complete scam. Fraudulent claims from day one. I have two perfectly valid gift cards from Saks Fifth Ave which I sent in - FOUR WEEKS LATER I get a response to the THIRD EMAIL I sent, saying they could not accept them because there was a doubt as to their validity and I couldn't supply a receipt. The definition of a gift card is that it is A GIFT. Why would someone have a receipt for something they received as a gift?!! As reiterated time and time again by other reviewers - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. I can't believe they are still operating with business practices like this. "

This review was modified by harding123 on February 22 2015 07:31:55 AM

"Don't do business with these people, I have 14 days waiting for my check (I sold it three gift cards)."

This review was modified by jbarroso001 on February 16 2015 12:10:09 PM

"These people are flat-out thieves and need to be stopped. They do not pay you for cards accepted for payment, and they send canned excuses, one after the other, for why you have not received a payment. DO NOT SEND THEM CARDS FOR PAYMENT!
THEY ARE SCAMMERS11111111

This review was modified by marycannaday on February 11 2015 07:56:38 PM

"I sent in my gift card on the 5th of Jan, in the confirmation e-mail they ask you to place tracking on the letter and send it first class, which is standard 1-3 business days. i waited and waited for a confirmation email that they had received my card, not until I wrote a nasty email did they call me and they finally 'found' my card and said they would process it and send me the long awaited check, that was the 16th of Jan. So..again.. checking the mail more frequently...it still hasn't showed, the 22nd i get an email stating that they just sent the check.. It is Feb 5th..I still have not received any type of payment. The customer service has not been terrible however they are not forthcoming about any information especially about how this whole process is from beginning to end. Its a waste of time..and not worth the headache. This company is horrible and misleading and i will NEVER EVER do this again. "

This review was modified by MandyFM87TO08 on February 05 2015 05:58:24 PM

"Please check out better business bureau for all complaints about this website. I have a bad experience myself and have made a report in rippoff and bbb.org. Somebody has to shutdown this website. Avoid giftcardrescue at all cost!"

"Their ad says they process the cards within 2 business days. BALONEY. Took over three weeks for me to get my money. They raked off over a fourth of the value of the cards I sent to them. They could at least send the payment promptly. The "two business days" is very clearly, in my experience, a deceitful lure, especially if you need to use the cash promptly for a holiday, birthday, etc."

This review was modified by Jody1245 on January 08 2015 09:18:54 AM

"gift card rescue SUCKS, I sent them a gift card witch they received on 11/17/14, and my payment was "sent" on 11/22. I waited 16 business days until emailing them to complain, and they CANCELLED MY PAYMENT!!!! do not use gift card rescue"

This review was modified by keatonhughes on January 04 2015 12:11:58 PM

Share Gift Card Rescue's store rating

Gift Card Rescue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Rescue is not a merchant member
Gift Card Rescue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!