Gift Card Rescue User

"Terrible experience. Horrible customer service. I would never use this service again. They held in to my gift card for 4 weeks before telling me they couldn't buy it after all because of lack of receipt. Why couldn't they tell me they needed a receipt before I sent in the card? Then they held on to my card for another 2weeks after I sent in a self addressed envelope for them to return the card. "

"My experience with Gift Card Rescue leads me to believe that this company is a big scam operation. I traded a gift card to the company back in July. In exchange I was sent another gift card after the amount was verified on the card I sent. A little over two months later, I receive an extortion email telling me that I sold them a gift card with a zero balance and that if I did not mail them a check, money order or cashier's check within 10 days they were going to contact my local police department and a bunch of other nonsense. The whole email seemed bogus to me but I am sure some previous customers would fall for this scam. After I pointed out that I had the July email where they verified the gift card amount, they decided that they made an error and have now corrected the problem. My word of advice to anyone who conducts a transaction with this company is to keep copies of everything to protect yourself."

"This is an absolute horrible company. They were never direct with me as to what exactly they wanted when I wanted to send in my cards. Once I sent the cards I was informed that I my cards never got there. I was very anxious over this experience. Later I got an email they did. I felt like crap the entire time I have dealt with them. They also did not want my receipts for the gift cards from my credit card statement. Then today I was informed my cards would be thrown if I dont send a self address envelope. I was never informed of this prior to sending my cards. Dirty Company!"

modified review This review was modified by rsangulo on August 27 2014 01:12:56 PM

"DO NOT USE GIFT CARD RESCUE! Their site claims payment will be sent back out to you within 48 hours for a quick cash in of your gift card. I sent my card in July 27th, they received my card July 31st, they didn't send out my check until August 12th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is now August 22nd and I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY PAYMENT. They claim it is because they had trouble verifying the balance on my card which is BS! I checked the balance before I sent it out, took me less than 5 minutes. The service with this company is PATHETIC. DO NOT USE!"

"GiftCardRescue.com did it AGAIN...on July 3rd I reported on my FB wall (with scanned copies) sending several gift cards to them, spaced out. The first gift card I sent them were in their hands on 6/6. They CLAIMED they mailed me a check 6/20. I received the check DATED 7/1. Now we move onto the 2nd gift card: It was in their hands 6/19, they CLAIMED they mailed the check 6/30, received it today dated 7/14. Again, nearly a month after they have my gift cards they finally mail my check! Their website claims all orders are processed and checks mailed out within 2 days - B.S. !!! I have one more order out with them, when or if it finally arrives, I will NEVER do business with them again! Every time I email them the INSIST they mailed the check and it takes 14 mailing days for it to get here FIRST class from Cali!"

modified review This review was modified by TammyOHagan on July 18 2014 11:20:37 AM

"I have been buying the gift cards from them for more than several years. They were OK although they are slow for everything.

Until my recent order.
I purchased several gift cards and eGift cards then
- One of eGift card has zero value at arrival.
- 2 of physical gift cards I have never received.

It's getting close to one full month from the order date but
- They still don't refund for 2 physical gift cards they never ship.
- They decline to refund the eGift card which has zero value at arrival.

They requested me to prove that eGift card has zero value at arrival!
I can't believe why they request me such a thing. That is what they should ask Lowe's to get the history of eGift card usage.

One more thing. When I asked them "is there anything I can do before asking my credit card company to dispute the charge?"
The answer is "your future order will be rejected"
So they blackmail me instead of "customer service"!!!

modified review This review was modified by breeze777 on June 17 2014 01:59:53 PM

"They wasted my time with all the calls and emails and then a week later they cancelled my order via email. Do not buy anything from this website! JUST HORRIBLE!"

"I USED THIS SERVICE A WHILE BACK. GOTTEN $180 IN RETURN FOR MY UNWANTED GIFT CARDS. NO HASSLES ONLY SLIGHT DELAYS.

LATER I HAD SOME MORE UNWANTED GIFT CARDS WITH A LARGER AMOUNT, CLOSE TO $800 IN EXCHANGE FOR $400+ IN RETURN. AFTER SOME TIME I GOT A REQUEST FOR ME TO FILL OUT SOME FORMS. I DID AS THEY ASKED BUT COULD NOT PROVIDE RECEIPTS AS THEY WERE GIFTS - GO FIGURE. THEY DENIED MY CARDS AND AFTER SPEAKING WITH THEM THROUGH EMAILS I WAS ANGRY AT WHY THE FIRST TIME I USED THIS SERVICE I WAS NOT ASKED TO SIGN ANY FORMS. ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A CRIMINAL, THAT I COULD NOT SELL MY OWN CARDS THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME AND OR PURCHASED LEGALLY! NOW I HAVE TO SEND THEM A SELF-ADDRESSED ENVELOPE TO GET MY CARDS BACK. WELL THEY NEVER SENT ME AN EMAIL ONCE MY CARDS WERE SENT BACK SO I HAD TO LEAVE THEM A MESSAGE (DIFFERENT TIME ZONE AND I ONLY GOT AUTOMATED VOICE MAIL BOX) THEY SOON RETURNED MY CALL AND SAID MY CARDS WERE BEING SENT. THIS WAS AT THE END OF 1/2014. IT IS NOW 2/17/2014 AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY GIFT CARDS NOR HAVE I GOTTEN AN ACTUAL CONFIRMATION # THAT MY CARDS WERE INDEED SENT BACK. THERE WAS A MIX UP WITH USPS AND THE TRACKING DID NOT MAKE IT INTO THE SYSTEM FOR ME TO SEE WHEN ITS BEING SENT BACK ONLY FOR WHEN THEY RECEIVED IT.

THIS PISSED ME OFF!!! I THINK THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE AND IF THEY SEE YOU DONT HAVE TRACKING, THEY'LL KEEP YOUR DAMN CARDS! I WISH I WOULD HAVE STUMBLED UPON ALL THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I WASTED MY TIME, MONEY AND LOST MY CARDS! F-YOU GFC!

modified review This review was modified by JOEFERNANDEZ88 on February 17 2014 09:36:33 PM

"seemed like a good place to sell my gift card compared to other payouts on other sites. You have to read the fine print. They have 'peak times' where they are unable to process requests based on transparent posted timeframes. shocked other reviewers were sold 'bogus' cards with no value. They take long enough to process your request. Im waiting a week almost since they received my card and only status I have is they confirmed they received it. They are good about responding to you if you contact them."

modified review This review was modified by ginaQ on January 20 2014 01:06:37 PM

"Selling empty cards! Ripped us off - sold us a card in September, that someone had already spent in August!

On 09/09/13 we placed an order for $445.75 in cards, which included a Michaels $200 gift card we gave as a gift for a friends birthday in October. Unfortunately, when she attempted to use the card our local Michaels store that the card balance was $0. So, I called Michaels... and they report that card was used on 8/27/13. That means the card we received was already empty.

We notified GiftCardRescue and they told us that, because we waited beyond the 60 return period to give it to our friend and for her to use it... they are not obligated to provide a refund and stiffed us on a $200 card purchase!

modified review This review was modified by peaceprophet on December 27 2013 03:23:46 PM

"Avoid at all costs. Purchased and went online to verify and said no good. Sent back and wanted to charge me 10 percent."

modified review This review was modified by Dsjlmh on December 10 2013 05:01:01 AM

"terrible company, ordered electronic gift card code and after waiting 2 days and contacting support to see if i can expedite delivery, ( i can prove my identity etc. ) they say, oh you're getting sent a physical card. not what i paid for, not what i wanted. false advertising period and my order even still says ELECTRONIC. i run a business, and if you have a real merchant account you can refund people any time you want. the funds are completely in control of this website and they are just being lazy. small company or big, if you have a merchant account you can do this. what a joke.

trouble getting refund, currently having to spam them and file complaints everywhere i can. avoid giftcardrescue.com imho. just giving me the run around, telling me their supervisor can't cancel the order. then telling me to call the supervisor, even though they can't do anything allegedly. give me a break.. lol. confident i'll get my money back from CC company if needed. but kind of a pain in the butt.

modified review This review was modified by upsetcustyy on December 09 2013 11:45:43 AM

"horrible website, order some card and get no response back in 2 weeks. Have to contact BBB and my credit card to get my money back. be aware."

modified review This review was modified by daney12 on October 23 2013 12:34:42 PM

"I ordered 2 Bonefish Grill-branded gift cards from this sorry enterprise and received instead 2 Fleming's-branded cards that were redeemable only at Fleming's, a restaurant I had never even heard of and had no intention of using. I returned the cards the same day using the return label provided by Gift Card Rescue and asked for a full refund. Today, 12 days after returning the wrong cards, no refund has been issued. The merchant has not responded to several status requests, except with boilerplate acknowledgments. Never again! Stay away from this fly-by-night outfit!"

"I have bought many cards from them and never had an issue with the cards. They were always as described.

The shipping is slower than other gift card sites, so allow time.

They have a 60 day return policy, which includes bad cards. That is not good.

modified review This review was modified by punalei on June 25 2013 05:06:51 PM

Gift Card Rescue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Gift Card Rescue is not a merchant member
Gift Card Rescue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!