• GiftCards.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10

2015-07-19

"I ordered a gift card online and they cancelled my order without notifying me. When I called the representative couldn't give me any information. Maybe it was a security issue? Am I sure I did not cancel it? "don't know why you weren't notified". I ended up at my event without a gift. Don't trust that they will come through, Verify!"

This review was modified by TennesseeDove on July 19 2015 11:18:01 AM

2015-06-30

"What am I a terrorist? - The WORST online experience EVER
by Ian - itsianpaul@msn.com
6/30/2015

ME _ "I'm banned from shopping here, and you can't give me a reason"?
JEREMY (Unsympathetic Supervisor) _"Yes that's correct"....

Several weeks ago I discovered the best way to give gift cards.. 'With the person's picture on it' ... Great idea right.. NO NO NO... Not if you have the same experience i did at GIFTCARDS.COM. I have children living at different addresses in the United States.

I sent a $100 gift card to my daughter at one address and that transaction went fine.

A few minutes later I sent 2 x $100 gift cards to my boys who are living at a different address from their sister and I got the thank you page with a confirmation number. A couple days later I noticed that I didn't get a confirmation email for that order like i did for the first order.

I checked my bank and the order was cancelled. I went through the upload and resubmit several more times but the same results. My bank said they aren't stopping the transaction giftcard.com is cancelling all the attempts.

I called and spoke to a very sympathetic Amber (customer service) who broke the news to me that my account got flagged on the second transaction because the information wasn't the same. I asked her "why would the information be the same they are two different orders...?" She said "i'm sorry there is nothing I can do"... and we are going to cancel it every time you try."

********[WTH... how bizarre and random... Right?] *******

Realizing that she was stuck I asked to speak to a manager and that was when I had the pleasure of speaking to the most indifferent person i've spoken to since my last traffic ticket, Jeffrey the supervisor.

after several minutes of the supervisor saying most assuredly that I am not allowed to shop with them anymore and that he cannot share with me why...

I told him I am going to write a review on this and i want to be absolutely sure I understand what he is saying... (read the following)

ME _ "I'm banned from shopping here, and you can't give me a reason"?

JEREMY (Unsympathetic Supervisor) _"Yes thats correct"....

ME_ "So that's it? Even though I did nothing wrong?... and you sent through my first order just moments before?... there's isn't anyone that can help...? there's isn't a card security dept. I can talk to?.... is that correct?

JEREMY (Supervisor)_ "i'm afraid so...

ME_ ...but I already sent screenshots to my kids with their face on their new visa cards....

JEREMY (Supervisor) ... good bye..."

PHONE_ "Click""

This review was modified by itsianpaul on June 30 2015 08:44:29 AM

2015-06-25

"Believe what you read on here this place is the absolute worst company to deal with HANDS DOWN. I ordered two cards for a cruise as gifts. One didn't show up the first time so I had to call and have them send me another card. The cards then were invalid on the cruise. My mother (who one of the gift cards was for) called after the cruise and they told her I would get a full refund within ten days. After 14 days I called and they told me that there was no way to get a refund without actually talking to me. They refused to send another gift card that worked, they could only replace it with another royal Caribbean card (we already went on the cruise). Finally the second card was paid for on a debit card for an account I closed after changing jobs. I called my back and they told me that if someone tried to refund something to this closed account it would just be sent back to them because the account had been closed for more than 30 days. Essentially if they refund that account the money will then just be sent back to them. I called giftcards.com to explain this to them since their policy is they can only refund the card which the purchase was made on. The woman Dee that I spoke with was extremely rude and throughout our conversation said things to me like, "we did our job by delivering the card to you," and, "sir did you receive the card?" I then wrote a written complaint and this was their response to me:

Dear Kerry, Per your request we are closing the gift card ending in 8700 and we have created a REFUND REQUEST #520777 for $50 to be refunded to the purchasing credit card ending in 6361. We can only refund to the card that the purchase was made with. It will be up to your credit card company or bank to return those funds to your current card or to you.
Thanks for your continued support!!

My advice? If you are looking to pay for something that may or may not come to you, can't be used at the merchant you purchased it for, and is nearly impossible to get a refund from when the above occurs. This is a great place to do business. If you are looking for an upstanding company that is willing to help when they have made an error, and understands the term customer service 100% of the time I would go elsewhere.

If anyone from giftcards.com reads this and would like to go into more detail you have the invoice number above and I would love to hear from someone who actually cares, (I’ve made 6 phone calls and I’ve had enough).

This review was modified by kperrotta27 on June 25 2015 05:21:24 AM

2015-06-24

"Worst company and fraudulent business. They GCs they sell is either used or invalid and they never bother to refund the money. Rude and arrogant customer service. I am pressing charges against them. Luckily my bank gave my money back out of courtesy. But this company is a nonsense establishment and definitely to trash in the future"

2015-06-24

"It's ironic that giftcards.com has a facebook page but you can only fax them information. They don't use email.

I won't recommend buying these gift cards. It took me six months to get my money back. You really have to be persistent...it was ridiculous. I think most people give up and that's what they're hoping for.

Our company purchased 90 gift cards in December from a local grocery store (five of the cards were compromised). When I tried to use the $250 card, there was only $40 left on the card. A guy made reservations at a hotel...he was staying at the hotel when I called giftcard.com to tell them my card was compromised. They said they had to wait until the transaction went through. I had an email from Dec from Expedia that they charge was fraud but giftcard.com didn't care. Good luck getting your money back...stick with it and keep calling them."

2015-06-11

"Placed a $200 order and my card was charged immediately. Its been a month now, two weeks after the estimated delivery, and I still have not received my card. I have filed 3 tickets with the customer service department and each one is instantly closed and I am told to call a number, which has been busy all 14 times I have called. I just filed a fraudulent charge case with my bank and I hope I get my $200 back."

2015-06-10

"I spoke with a young lady a few days ago named Brittany from save ya and she was awesome!! So willing to help me and helpful at that. She had such an amazing attitude and I asked her a million questions about save ya she answered every single one within reasonable time and questions she wasn't sure about she double checked and placed me on quick holds to confirm those answers and every time she came back on the call she thanked me for waiting employees like that make it such a pleasure doing business with you!! Keep her you picked a good one. ????"

This review was modified by itsrosemary on June 10 2015 09:41:02 PM

2015-06-03

"I tried to purchase a gift card for my grandson's birthday - order went through but was cancelled about 15 minutes later for failing their security checks. When I phoned them asking for an explanation, I was told that I had failed their security check without any explanation whatsoever. I was also told that I was blocked from any future purchases even if I used a different charge card for payment. To add insult to injury, my credit card was charged immediately but I was told that it would take 3-6 days to credit back my account. These guys are scam artists and don't give a crap about customer service. "

This review was modified by mabass on June 03 2015 07:58:37 AM

2015-05-29

"Never sent my card. It's been over a month. I called, and it hasn't been used. Which tells me it was never sent in the first place. Of course you get charged if you want to re-send it. Total scam. I still haven't received the second one I've order now."

2015-05-25

"Add this review to the already terrible rating. Completely horrible company. I tried to use a prepaid card to pay for my gift cards. No other gift card company has problems with this except GiftCards.com (and sister company SaveYa.com). They cancelled my order and blocked my account. I tried making other ones with other e-mails and IP addresses. Nope. My info will not work. They also blocked me on Twitter because of my inquiries and subsequent lashing out at them. (I can look at their account via a private window on Firefox, so they cannot hide!) Do NOT deal with this company. You will regret it if you did. --- P.S. I have advised Gift Card Granny to stop using them in their aggregate listings and to remove their "Premier" status. I hope they get removed from that site."

This review was modified by almightytora on May 31 2015 08:33:31 AM

2015-05-14

"Ordered 3 gift cards, one was actually processed, and supposedly sent (thought reciepient never received) the other two I received a confirmation invoice on stating that they would process my order and notify me if there were any problems. A week later, nothing had been processed. When I called to find out what the problem was they told me that the CC info didn't match my billing info and I was no blackballed from their company. I should have read the reviews before I ever bothered with this company in the first place. Very disappointed in this companies integrity and honesty!!!"

This review was modified by sbustos on May 15 2015 07:18:35 AM

2015-05-12

"Very frustated. Worst service ever. Bought $100.00 worth of macys gift card. However, when I applied the gift card in Macys checkout , I realized that they only have $75.00 balance on them. Called their customer service and they said it will take 2 business days to resolve the issue. I will never buy from them ever again."

This review was modified by shajib on May 12 2015 02:31:51 PM

2015-05-07

"Scam Alert!!
I purchased a gift card from this scam artist on my BAC debit card. The next day my debit card was shut down because of a fraud alert from Giftcards.com. Apparently they are the biggest frauds and my bank knows it. Now everyone who reads this knows it. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY EVER!!"

This review was modified by Deb196905 on May 07 2015 07:42:07 AM

2015-04-02

"I sold two $100 gift cards to these guys and selected PayPal as the payment method from them to me. They offered $80 for each e-gift card (more for a physical card, also 6% more for amazon payment) took about 18 hours for the payment to arrive in my PayPal account.

Great experience as a seller."

2015-04-02

"Very frustrating trying to purchase a gift card from them. They do not want any business. First purchase was approved, then a little while later cancelled because gift address was different to billing address. ???? Aren't most gifts sent to another address? Ok, they suggest reordering with same shipping and billing address, so I go through the whole rigmarole again. The reason I pursued this was because of the customized card using my photo (a picture of the family well known to the intended recipient who recently did some huge favors). Second request refused. I then sent an email explaining my frustration and their response was that they cannot do business with me going forward!!!
I am left wondering if they are fraudulently collecting credit card account numbers."

This review was modified by LesDav on April 02 2015 09:08:11 AM

Share GiftCards.com's store rating

GiftCards.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GiftCards.com is not a merchant member
GiftCards.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!