GiftCards.comCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"TERRIBLE. They run the card balances down to zero with fees. DO NOT BUY!!!"

modified review This review was modified by SMcG on September 24 2014 10:31:57 AM

"I've made two purchases from Giftcards.com totaling around ~$4,100. in the current and past month.

Thus far everything checks out. Every card matches the amount they should carry. There was 1 out of 28 that had the wrong balance, but it was only off by .02.

The cards I ordered provided an avg. discount of 10.5% from face value. A majority of other card reseller can't match the 11-12% discount Giftcards.com offers.

GiftCards.com User

"Terrible service. Ordered card from this website, the card never arrived. When I called the company to see if they can reissue it, they were going to charge me another processing fee AND shipping fee! Asked for refund and still got deducted the processing fee. What's the proof the ever sent the card?! Complete scam unless you purchase expedited shipping with tracking and keep them accountable to it. Very unsatisfied, ruined the birthday present. "

"This is a very very stupid site. I placed order for couple of barnes and noble gift cards and moments later I got email that order was cancelled due to billing information mismatch. Then verified with bank and placed order again and this time it was declined because of prepaid phone. I called giftcards.com helpdesk and I was told that they cant accept order because they cannot verify phone billing address. WTF? I am giving you my credit card details, why the hell you need phone billing address? Banks and everyone else accept prepaid phone. I have never seen this kind of weird reason for declining orders. You just lost a customer and then referrals.

Then I asked customer service rep, how to delete my account on giftcards.com. and the rep on phone told - go to browsers tools menu and click on delete cookies button. Hilarious!! Now this answer made my day!!! and I realized when you have such reps - its better to stay away.

modified review This review was modified by DoodlerX on August 20 2014 05:54:57 PM

"I sold 3 Macy's Gift Cards to giftcards.com with a total balance of $203.11 (2 $50 cards and 1 for $103.11) for $163.50 (to be paid to me). I verified the balance of all three cards with Macy's (and double checked) before selling them. I processed the transaction and received a verification email from Giftcards.com that all 3 cards had the requisite balance. Subsequently, I was paid $80.50 for the 2 $50 cards ($40.25 each), but was not paid the $83 for the 3rd card. At that point, I called customer service to inquire about the 3rd payment. I was informed that they were still verifying something with the 3rd card, but that I should receive the payment in a few days. I waited over a week and called again.

On this attempt, I was told they would be processing the third payment, but that they would be deducting $40.25 from the remaining $83.00 because the balance on one of the $50 cards had gone to zero. I inquired about the timing of when it went to zero and was informed that it was AFTER I sold the card to them (I was told that it had a $50 balance when I sold it to them, but that it went to $0 after they had posession of the card numbers). It's not possible that I used the card because I threw all of the cards away (as instructed by giftcards.com) after I sold them. The only explanation is that there is some internal issue on their end or they are directly stealing from their customers. But they processed the payment for $42.75 (not the $83.00 that I was still owed), leaving $40.25 still payable to me.

I then called customer service again. I asked to speak to a manager, and I spoke to the director of customer service who stated that in no way would I receive a payment for the $40.25 that they owed me. I attempted to explain the situation (and I was very calm), but he refused to listen and hung up the phone. All I want is the $40.25 that the company owes me. In my opinion this company either has severe internal issues or it is a fraud. Either way, their customer service is extremely poor. Do NOT do business with them.

modified review This review was modified by ldsfutbol9 on August 08 2014 10:09:32 AM

"Terrible company. Tried to sell a gift card and was told not verified, yet I called the number and amount was verified for me. Lazy employees who don't know how to do their job and have no customer service skills. I'm not a liar. You're lazy. I'll sell to a service that takes customer service seriously!"

modified review This review was modified by meg2008 on July 25 2014 03:10:52 PM

"HORRIBLE!!! I did not receive my order due to "a technical issue that hindered shipping." Keep in mind I finally got this response after two weeks of waiting and two service tickets entered. So i submitted a complaint to the Google Merchant Team asking them to just re-ship it and they got a response that states, pretty much, the website has the right to cancel orders due to any issues at any time without any notice. Glad they stand behind themselves. Complete scam.
UPDATE: I'm not sure why the card could not be replaced with one of the many in their inventory. THERE ARE OVER 50+ CARDS FROM THE SAME COMPANY FOR THE SAME VALUE. I tried to resolved the problem privately and that did not work. You claim to strive for 100% customer satisfaction but instead quote policies and procedures instead of solutions. I am using my free speech to warn others to not expect solutions just excuses.

Update: I tried to place another order and it was cancelled and labeled as "high risk". Hmmmmm... I wonder why?

modified review This review was modified by Cassandra718 on February 27 2014 09:13:30 AM

"Bought a gift card for my son's 21'st birthday. Uploaded image that was apparently indecent (cleavage). The order was denied and refund issued for the amount minus cancellation fee of $7. I called to complain that I did not cancel and that nowhere in the policy that I had to agree to in order to continue did it say anything about indecent images. They opened a ticket and told me that I would have to speak with someone on Monday, as this is the weekend. I checked the status today (Sunday) and it says "resolved". No refund as of yet in my bank and no contact from the company. Total rip off that they can cancel the order at any time and charge YOU to do it. Crap company and from what I've read, crap quality too. What a waste. Go somewhere else and get a gift card."

modified review This review was modified by WholesaleCabinets.US on December 22 2013 06:47:02 AM

"Only if I could give this website ZERO stars!! Purchased the $500 gift card on 11/14/13 & paid for FedEx Priority Overnight shipping of $57!! Received the card on Monday 11.18.13 which is awesome. But the card quality was extremely poor & the image I uploaded to imprint came out crooked. There were deep indented scratches on the card with total lack of quality control. The gift card was going to be used as part of a sample presentation to 'gift' our customers for the holiday season. Its not even in presentable quality & it directly reflects our company to our clients if we were to 'gift' a card in such poor quality. After calling customer service & voicing my complaint, the representative basically said you would need to make a new purchase, fees & shipping. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

modified review This review was modified by faymuijai on November 21 2013 11:41:14 AM

"Perhaps the most comprehensive gift card website offering a wide range of gift cards. I particularly appreciate the personalized cards that allow you to personalize with any photo. Pretty cool!"

modified review This review was modified by ctribino on November 09 2013 12:09:27 PM

"Just ordered and redeemed a Gift Card for Roy's restaurant. I was able to personalize the card, it arrived in days and i used it last weekend and it worked perfectly. This was for my wedding anniversary. I would highly recommend this site"

modified review This review was modified by CharleyBestDogEver14 on November 05 2013 06:45:33 PM

"Beware this company will rob you blind! I took every pre-caution i mailed my cards with insurance and confirmed delivery and they still say they only got 1 of my 7 cards. I wish I would have taken the other bad reviews more seriously. Use a diffrent company to sell you're gift cards!!"

modified review This review was modified by blume33 on October 14 2013 05:51:45 PM

"These people make no attempt to process your order expeditiously. They will take two days to process, so if you pay for two or one day delivery, it's a gross waste of your money as it can take up to five days for the gift card to be delivered. Find someone else to do business wit--it's not that hard to do.

It does not merit a rating as high as one star but this site will not allow zero stars.

modified review This review was modified by drewgoodwin on September 27 2013 08:45:42 AM

"I bought a $20.37 BestBuy.com eCode at 5% off for $19.35. I specifically bought this card to buy an OOS item I've been waiting for BB to stock. A month later, without even attempting to use the eCode since receiving it, I found out the balance is $0.00! I'm quite sure I checked the balance the day I received the eCode as I usually do with third party code/card purchases. This was only my second purchase from GiftCards.com and it would have been my last were it not for their professional customer service.
I called customer service to notify them my eCode had been used without authorization. Within a week, they emailed me stating they would credit my purchase in full for the unauthorized use of my eCode. A day after the email, my account was credited.
This impressed me immensely. I had a similar issue with one of GiftCards.com's competitors and was stonewalled by that reseller and the retailer for which I bought the card. I will definitely buy from GiftCards.com again with confidence knowing they support their customers.

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"Ordered a gift code from the site for $40. It was my first time shopping there. Between the time I placed my order and the gift code took to arrive was 30 minutes which is not bad, since they do their processing in the back end.

No need to call, no need to wait 24 hours. Pretty short time and no problems at all.

GiftCards.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GiftCards.com is not a merchant member
GiftCards.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!