Stores > GiftCards.com

Product & services pricing Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10
Voice your opinion! Review GiftCards.com by clicking a star below.
2017-04-29

Canceled my order twice and i have more than enough money to cover the egift payment.

"That's all there is to it they canceled my orders for no reason and the total was only $20."

2017-04-14

Very dishonest and non reliable!!!

"I ordered a personalized give card for my daughters 16th Birthday and I wanted it to arrive before her birthday. I called giftcard.com to see if the card was lost in the mail or stolen. They told me that I could file a claim until the day of her birthday. I told them if it doesn't arrive by then it would ruin her Birthday. I decided to wait till two days after her birthday to see if would arrive because I knew that they would give me a hard time about giving me my money back. I left a review on a site about how they do business and how shady they are. They took it upon themselves to cancel the card and guess what the card arrived before they responded with an email saying they cancelled the card without my authorization. So I called customer service and told how upset I was that they did without speaking to me first. Then when I ripped into to csr he said we will escalate this to a second level agent and put the money back on the giftcard in 2 business days, and call back if there is problem. This sounded very shady so I told to put his supervisor on. He put me on hold for 10 minutes and when the supervisor finally gets on the phone guess what I was right. They were not going to put the money back on the card and I have to wait for the refund 3 to 6 business days which could be as long as 8 business days and call back if there is a problem. Wow!! They ruined my daughters birthday and now want to tell hold on to my money until they are ready to give it to me. I have filed with the FTC and will be filing with the BBB. I know that you don't cancel cards without authorization and then tell you that you asked for it without speaking to you first. Useless service and dishonest company with multiple sites under different names and corporate headquarters with all call center outside the USA. I hope you read and understand that they do this quite a bit. I have used them three times and every time it's about a 2 and a half week wait and the customer service is horrible at best. It's not about the money it's about the trust in this company to provide a service so your loved ones my have a special day or time. They do not care and will only communicate with you if you leave an review on a site like this. "

2017-04-04

Unreliable. Avoid them at all cost.

"Unreliable, dishonest in my opinion....avoid this company. Ordered a $200 amazon e-gift card. Website said it would be emailed to recipient in about 2 hours, which was crucial as I wanted it to arrive same day. Simple enough, it's just an email. Email apparently was never sent. Took forever to get support. They said "check spam folder"...but I run the domain, it's my company, it did not go to spam...besides, I got their emails to me, so no reason it would be tagged as spam or an employee of mine (and I review all spam). They basically did not send it as promised. Now they say no refund, even though this was a time specific request and purchase, and commitment they failed to meet. Avoid this company at all cost, they are dishonest and not willing to do what is right when they make a mistake. Even said I could talk to a supervisor, but they just put me on endless hold. Finally got someone....the support is in South America, not even in the US, so they are bit hard to understand as well. They said 1-15 days to review and no assurance I would get a refund. So I have to waste time now contacting the corporate office's registered agent now, state AG for complaint, and CC company for reversal. That's fine, it's the principal that matters, and nothing worse than companies operating on the internet who try to hide locations, or use shell companies, or have you talk to robots, or use small print as excuse...all so you cannot find them to press the complaint directly to the Board or ownership when you cannot get fair treatment. Simply refund the money when you screw up, be professional and courteous. That's what honorable companies who respect customers do. This one does not. How a company acts in situations like this reveals their character and speaks to the leadership."

2017-03-30

Will Cancel Your Account Due to Fraudulent Activity

"HORRIBLE. Today is my mother's birthday. I ordered an Amazon Gift Card for her in the amount of $100. I received an email stating my order was in. Then received another email stating that my order was cancelled. When I called and spoke to a CSR, they told me that my order was cancelled due to my information NOT passing their fraudulent account check. WTH? I used my debit card and there is more than enough money in the account. All mailing address etc is up to date. ALSO.... I checked my bank account and this company charged my account TWICE for $1.00 each. The CSR was rude and could not give me an explanation as to why they won't process my order. So I re-iterated that they are informing me that I cannot do business with them and must take my business elsewhere due to not passing whatever requirements they have for their 'fraud' test. HA. What a joke! Meanwhile, I am not late in sending my mother her gift. Should they not refund both $1.00 transactions, I will take this to the BBB. BE CAUTIOUS USING THIS COMPANY. There are TONS of other companies we can use!"

2017-03-15

They never expire, but they'll bleed you dry

"My daughter got a gift card and misplaced it. So for all of the people jumping thru the hoops to not have an order cancelled, once you do, they charge a 4.95 MONTHLY service fee. This company is just bad. No different than predatory lending"

2017-01-09

all these negative reviews are true!!

"I can't believe it! I just tried to order a gift card for $100 for my son for the first time from these guys. They cancelled my order for "security reasons". I figured I must have made a mistake so I went back in and placed a new order, being really careful to make sure cc info matched perfectly. Cancelled a second time! So then, I went back to my original email from them and noticed I hadn't verified my email address with them. So, I jumped through that hoop and placed a third order. Cancelled a third time!! Called CS and basically there is nothing they can do and all orders from me are now flagged and will be cancelled for security reasons. What do they want, a DNA sample? Don't waste your time with these guys, they are awful. I just went directly to the merchant instead."

2016-12-31

Lieing thieves

"My mother order me a virtual visa giftcard the card number was invalid and they will not replace the card are refund her money she's out 45.00 that amount may not be alot to some but for her it's a very big deal in it really doesn't matter how much the amount is no one should be ripped off and that's exactly what they did stole 45.00 from my mother "

2016-12-23

Cancels order no matter what

"Tried to purchase an e-gift card for the holidays and the order went through check out with no problems, I got an email confirming my order. 30 minutes later my order was cancelled due to "fraudulent activity". So I thought I put the wrong information in when purchasing the gift card, and attempted to order the same gift again. Only to find out that 30 minutes later my order would again be cancelled. So I called their customer service team, and they were so rude on the phone that after they finished telling me that my orders were cancelled for fraud and that they couldn't give any more information about it, I decided that I won't even waste my time giving this company my money. "

2016-12-21

HORRIBLE DO NOT ORDER FROM GIFT CARDS. COM

"I ORDERED A GIFT CARD ON 11/22/16 AND AS OF 12/21/16, NO GIFT CARD WAS RECEIVED. I CALLED AT THE BEGINNING OF DECEMBER TO ASK WHY I HAD NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL INDICATING THE CARD HAD BEEN SHIPPED? THEY HAD NO ANSWER AND INSTEAD TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS A DELAY IN THE SHIPPING AND THE CARD SHOULD BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 12/15/16. CUSTOMER SERVICE REP INFORMED ME THERE WAS NO TRACKING WITH USPS??? I ALWAYS SEND PRIORITY MAIL AND TRACKING IS INCLUDED. I CALLED ON 12/21/16 TO ASK THAT GIFT CARD BE SENT EXPRESS MAIL WITH TRACKING THIS DAY AND THEY REFUSED TO DO SO. I ASKED FOR A REFUND AND SUPERVISOR HENRY STATED HE DID NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THE REFUND WOULD BE OR HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE.???????? VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. THIS WEBSITE IS A SCAM!!!!! "

2016-12-19

Awesome service on 3 separate orders!!!

"Love this site; all 3 orders were entered separately because I read so many negative reviews. They were all processed in under 1 minute and received by the recipient within 5 minutes. Couldn't ask for more. Kudos!"

2016-12-13

HORRIBLE LIAR THIEVES

"These aholes stole $144 from me, I am very unsatisfied with their company. "

2016-12-09

Purchase cancelled without notification

"I've been ordering from giftcards.com since 2010 and with any large online purchase (over $2,100) my bank is alerted. Each year I receive the email letting me know that the order is in pending status upon verification and within 24 hrs the order is processed. This year, after creating 19 cards (which is a little time consuming) GC.com cancelled the order instead of putting in in pending status.
Their solution is for me to go back and start from scratch, re-creating each gift card as if they never existed. Someone in the order center clearly pressed the wrong button during the process stage. The inconvenience is tasking to say the least, but the customer service is the real problem. "Giftcards.com" if you're going to list your company in a US state than your customer call center should be able to contact your corporate office in the States when someone is inquiring about help that is beyond the pay grade of the understaffed, underpaid, under trained customer service reps overseas.

2016-11-18

They shipped the card after the last day of arrival and they did not even fully refund

"Horrible service !!!
The card was supposed to arrive between Nov11-Nov15, I called at night on the 17th and they told me that the card was shipped from their side on the 15th !!!! and still need 3-5 more business days to arrive !!! I asked for a refund and received a refund with $7 less than what I paid for. I called the customer service again and spoke with the supervisor who refused to fully refund my expenses.

2016-10-26

Purchase denied - no idea why

"Tried to purchase a basic $25 visa gift card to deliver via email. Used the same credit card I use everywhere and, after a few hours, my order was cancelled. Supposedly, something about the order triggered their fraud detection process however they won't actually give any info on why something was denied.

So - that effectively means that they don't want me to order anything from them. Odd customer service - especially when I used that same credit card, both online and in a store, later that day without any issue.

2016-08-14

TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!!!

"Attempted to purchase giftcard for a national chain restaurant. Order said "Cancelled" but no explanation was given. Tried again thinking it was my error in some way. Again cancelled. I wrote an email to giftcards.com telling them how irritated I was with their system. 15 minutes after my email, I get an email saying their compliance department couldn't approve my card "due to security." Okay, fine. Weird but fine. Went and verified I had entered the info correctly again...it was. So we went ahead and purchased acTualatin gift cards at a physical location without issue. Same card btw. So, THEN I get 2 notice of preauthorized holds from giftcards.com from my bank. I was surprised to say the least. I called customer service at 1 877-944-3822 and spoke to GEORGE. Well, GEORGE was so disgustingly rude to me that my husband took the phone to finish the call. Anytime I tried to speak, GEORGE would say, "Can I talk now?" Over and over and over. So I'm making a police report about the charges and I'm calling my bank. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GIFTCARDS.COM. I tried, and won't make that mistake ever again. "

Share GiftCards.com's store rating

GiftCards.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GiftCards.com is not a merchant member
GiftCards.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!