• Address: 290 Keswick Ave

Product & services pricing Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"My wife and I needed to replace a washing machine ASAP as our 7 year old Kenmore washer died a sudden and noisy death. We purchased a Speed Queen washer from Gerhard's after reading reviews online (50 of 51 reviews were 5 stars - other brands 1 and 2 stars). It is now in service and working well. We also purchased a Samsung TV. Our shopping experience was fantastic - we were even treated to a fresh-cooked lunch at the store. Our salesman Vaughn and owner Gerry gave us a great deal on both items plus upgrades and extras. We could not be more pleased with Gerhard's and will certainly return there for future appliance needs. "

"I've posted this elsewhere as well, but after seeing some of the things people are posting on here, I decided I wanted to spread it around a bit to make sure that people are getting credit for the good things that happen too.

This is in reference to the store in Northeast Philly at Grant Ave. & Roosevelt Blvd. I went in looking to buy a dishwasher and a TV (two very different things; I know). As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by a salesman named Frank, and I'm so glad he was the one to help me. Throughout the entire process, Frank was incredibly helpful.

We started with the dishwasher since that was (arguably) the more important of the two pieces. He asked if I had anything specific in mind (I didn't; more just going to see what was there), and then asked some basic questions like what I had before, how many people in the house, and what kind of budget I had in mind. He took me to their selection, and started explaining a few different models that were within my budget. He was able to answer every question I had about them. I even tried to throw in some semi-technical stuff, but he clearly knew what he was talking about. I picked a Bosch model, as it was the most aesthetically pleasing of the models that I decided I liked and the salesman informed me that it also qualified for a rebate, which would help with the price (bonus win!).

We then went to the TVs, and I was again amazed at how much he was able to explain to me about a very different appliance. he was able to help me figure out a happy medium between size for my living room and my budget, so i was pleased. I picked a Samsung model that I felt looked good.

During the sale write-up, he went over the warranty information with me, and was sure to ask if I had any additional questions. When it came to delivery and installation, I was really surprised at how low their delivery charges were, but was more than happy to pay less than expected. The deliverymen showed up within in the quoted window, and were able to install everything without any hitches.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience, but I cannot emphasize enough how wonderfully Frank treated me. I would recommend going to Gerhard's for your appliances, and would DEFINITELY recommend asking for Frank at the NE store. He was much more knowledgeable than any person I ever dealt with at a big box store.

"As a Glenside native, Gerhard's has always been my go to for all of our appliances!They have been a local landmark since I was a kid.

They always have great deals and will work with you to get the right product and price! I highly recommend them and always have a great experience purchasing from here. The best part is that they service everything they sell! My parents always got their appliances and TVs from here and now my wife and I have been doing the same.

We recently just bought a new mattress from them this year..They have the best prices out there and we even got a $100 off coupon and free delivery thanks to the promotion that was going on!

"Just filed a Better Business Bureau Complaint! Buyer beware!!!

Approximately two years ago, I purchased a 30" Jenn-Air Induction cooktop and 30" Jenn-Air Downdraft Vent. Only a few months after the purchase, the downdraft vent controls malfunctioned. After repeated service visits and parts replacements, they finally replace the unit six months ago. In October, 2014, the vent began to malfunction again. I placed a call to Gerhardt's in November and a serviceman came to my home only to inspect and inform me that he didn't carry the parts on his truck;that it would have to be ordered and that he would call me when it was in. This was disconcerting as I was hosting Thanksgiving dinner and was concerned that it would not be fixed by then. True to form, I was not able to get it repaired for Thanksgiving,but did get a call at the beginning of December from Customer Service to schedule the repair appointment. I scheduled for December 19th, the day before I was having 30 guests for a family Christmas celebration, a critical time to have the unit functioning properly. I was called by customer service on December 18th to confirm and to let me know they would be there between 11 and 1. At about 1:00 p.m on Dec. 19, I got a call from the serviceman saying that he had left the part at the office by mistake and could not make the call today, even though I insisted that he return to the office to get it, and that he would call me in the next week to reschedule. I am still waiting for that call. I called the store today, 1/2/2015, and was told I would have to speak to the owner, to whom I asked to be re-routed. When a man answered the phone, I asked for Gerry (the owner), and he said, "Who is calling?" I gave him my name and he said, "How can I help you?" I explained the situation and told him I no longer wanted the Jenn-Air, as it was a defective product and wanted it replaced with a Miele or Bosch. When he hesitated, I asked to whom I was speaking and it was a salesman named Andrew, not the owner, Gerry. While he is supposed to get back to me today....

"It has been 14 days and refrigerators have still not shipped."

"Does anyone see the pattern here? Buyer beware!!!!!

One of the worst experiences I have ever had as a consumer. I purchased an LG TV form Gerhards in December of 2013 on line. As much as the product was in stock when I placed the order (and they immediately charged my credit card for the sale), it supposedly was not when they went to pick it. I understand that things can happen, so I wait. I wait until the end of January 2014 and I’m notified that the product is shipping. 10 days later the product shows up damaged. I immediately call Gerhards and notify them the product is bad and they then notify me that the item is again on backorder. It is now March 7th of 2014 and there is still no end in sight. I called LG and according to LG, they have the TV but there are no orders in their system to supply Gerhards. When I confronted Gerhards about this, they went ballistic and told me I was out of line to check with LG. A week and a half ago I asked them to cancel the order an pick up the TV for a credit and they have not even called the trucking company.

They promise they are going to pick up the bad TV and do not. They promise to call back and do not. They say they are doing everything they can, but clearly, they are not.

I am on the line with my bank as I write this and they are considering this fraud and fortunately crediting my account back, or I would more than likely never received one from the company.

This company is terrible and I would caution everyone NOT to purchase from Gerhards!

"Good help you if you ever have a problem. You can expect to be told they will call you back, and then you wait for their promised return call, and when nothing happens and you call back you will be stonewalled and then ignored. If you apply any pressure, you will be lied to and told the problem is your own fault for waiting too long - after they have asked you to wait on an answer! I would call this creative if it were not so abusive. "

"When we needed a new refrigerator, we went to 3 big box stores and Gerhards. We picked out our refrigerator then went back to Gerhards to buy it, so we could buy from small business. All was fine until it was installed and didn't work correctly. After 2 visits from the repairman, 2 more no-shows, and countless non-returned calls, I went into the store to ask our salesman Keith for help with the situation. He responded with arrogance and attitude. When I pushed he agreed he would have customer service call me the next day. Of course that came and went. Clearly the salesman is just concerned about selling, doesn't care at all about delivering on his promises. Now it's been over a month and we're at the point where the credit card company is getting involved...when the credit card company called them she couldn't reach anyone in customer service either, but thankfully someone in accounting took the call and called the owners. We'll see what happens from here - but 30 days with a $2400 refrigerator that is broken and no action is unacceptable in my book. So much for trying to support the local guy (will continue to support other locals, just not this one).

If you do purchase from this store, which we never will again, I strongly suggest you use a credit card or some other means that can help you if you have trouble. If it weren't for our credit card company we would be stuck.

"They advertised a television at one price but canceled the order before shipping. It took several days before payment was put back on the credit card."

"besides your unbelievable prices!!!, we love or new LG washer and Dryer. I happened to land on your website by accident, but I'm glad I did. Your service people were very friendly, and the delivery people were on time and also very friendly. My overall experience was great. I would recommend Gerhards Appliances to everyone. I will definitely buy my next appliance with you."

"After a 10 day wait the order arrived damaged and since Gerhards only works M-F 8-6 we had to buy somewhere else and cancel our order. We cannot wait another two weeks..."

"Everything was great. I placed the order on a Sunday afternoon and I had it by Friday. Other places told me they couldn't get me the refrigerator I wanted for at least another month. So I was thrilled to get it so fast. I found communication a little difficult during the off hours even though the website says hours until 8 or via Email-but then I tried during regular business hours and everything was great. So I am very happy overall."

"I am very satisfied with Gerhard's performance. The price for the product was better than all others according to my research and date of purchase. The delivery was as promised. The product itself may be another situation.

I am an out of state purchaser and I am experiencing what appears to be a water leak inside the refrigerator's door. Now it is time to see if GE will get a very satisfied from me.

"Nice upgrade of back ordered Whirlpool washer. Quick delivery. Hover, stripped valve connector requiring another visit and 1 more week wait for part and reinstallation."

"Quick, easy efficient from start to finish. Highly recommend."

Gerhards Appliances is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Gerhards Appliances is a merchant member
Gerhards Appliances participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,909 merchant members.