• Address: 290 Keswick Ave
    • Contact: mrgerhard1@gmail.com
    • Phone: 2155298919
    • Customer Support: 2155298919

"It has been 14 days and refrigerators have still not shipped."

"Does anyone see the pattern here? Buyer beware!!!!!

One of the worst experiences I have ever had as a consumer. I purchased an LG TV form Gerhards in December of 2013 on line. As much as the product was in stock when I placed the order (and they immediately charged my credit card for the sale), it supposedly was not when they went to pick it. I understand that things can happen, so I wait. I wait until the end of January 2014 and I’m notified that the product is shipping. 10 days later the product shows up damaged. I immediately call Gerhards and notify them the product is bad and they then notify me that the item is again on backorder. It is now March 7th of 2014 and there is still no end in sight. I called LG and according to LG, they have the TV but there are no orders in their system to supply Gerhards. When I confronted Gerhards about this, they went ballistic and told me I was out of line to check with LG. A week and a half ago I asked them to cancel the order an pick up the TV for a credit and they have not even called the trucking company.

They promise they are going to pick up the bad TV and do not. They promise to call back and do not. They say they are doing everything they can, but clearly, they are not.

I am on the line with my bank as I write this and they are considering this fraud and fortunately crediting my account back, or I would more than likely never received one from the company.

This company is terrible and I would caution everyone NOT to purchase from Gerhards!

"Good help you if you ever have a problem. You can expect to be told they will call you back, and then you wait for their promised return call, and when nothing happens and you call back you will be stonewalled and then ignored. If you apply any pressure, you will be lied to and told the problem is your own fault for waiting too long - after they have asked you to wait on an answer! I would call this creative if it were not so abusive. "

"When we needed a new refrigerator, we went to 3 big box stores and Gerhards. We picked out our refrigerator then went back to Gerhards to buy it, so we could buy from small business. All was fine until it was installed and didn't work correctly. After 2 visits from the repairman, 2 more no-shows, and countless non-returned calls, I went into the store to ask our salesman Keith for help with the situation. He responded with arrogance and attitude. When I pushed he agreed he would have customer service call me the next day. Of course that came and went. Clearly the salesman is just concerned about selling, doesn't care at all about delivering on his promises. Now it's been over a month and we're at the point where the credit card company is getting involved...when the credit card company called them she couldn't reach anyone in customer service either, but thankfully someone in accounting took the call and called the owners. We'll see what happens from here - but 30 days with a $2400 refrigerator that is broken and no action is unacceptable in my book. So much for trying to support the local guy (will continue to support other locals, just not this one).

If you do purchase from this store, which we never will again, I strongly suggest you use a credit card or some other means that can help you if you have trouble. If it weren't for our credit card company we would be stuck.

"They advertised a television at one price but canceled the order before shipping. It took several days before payment was put back on the credit card."

"besides your unbelievable prices!!!, we love or new LG washer and Dryer. I happened to land on your website by accident, but I'm glad I did. Your service people were very friendly, and the delivery people were on time and also very friendly. My overall experience was great. I would recommend Gerhards Appliances to everyone. I will definitely buy my next appliance with you."

"After a 10 day wait the order arrived damaged and since Gerhards only works M-F 8-6 we had to buy somewhere else and cancel our order. We cannot wait another two weeks..."

"Everything was great. I placed the order on a Sunday afternoon and I had it by Friday. Other places told me they couldn't get me the refrigerator I wanted for at least another month. So I was thrilled to get it so fast. I found communication a little difficult during the off hours even though the website says hours until 8 or via Email-but then I tried during regular business hours and everything was great. So I am very happy overall."

"I am very satisfied with Gerhard's performance. The price for the product was better than all others according to my research and date of purchase. The delivery was as promised. The product itself may be another situation.

I am an out of state purchaser and I am experiencing what appears to be a water leak inside the refrigerator's door. Now it is time to see if GE will get a very satisfied from me.

"Nice upgrade of back ordered Whirlpool washer. Quick delivery. Hover, stripped valve connector requiring another visit and 1 more week wait for part and reinstallation."

"Quick, easy efficient from start to finish. Highly recommend."

"Delivery crew was excellent....great communication and a quality installation. "

"Oh. Where to begin? If I could select more than one category of complaint I would have many to choose from. We bought from them based on their promise of superior customer service. We have never seen them make good on that promise. At first when we puchased an approx. $2,000 Frigidaire Professional Refrigerator it was delivered with a mal-fitting freezer handle. Six months later and countless service visits later we had to keep hounding them to repair it, install a proper one, or in any other way get a handle on our freezer. At every turn we felt treated as a bother and no exceptional customer service was given to us to make us happy. EVENTUALLY we got a handle. As I said, about SIX MONTHS after delivery after CONSTANT pressure on them.

Now a year-and-a-half into our extended warranty they sold us on, our ice maker stopped working. Six repair visits later, still no ice maker. Most recently, they sent out their "top guy" Mark, who diagnosed it as a bad solenoid or something like that. He said it should take 2 weeks to order. Three weeks later, no call. I called in, and mysteriously the part had arrived that same day. We scheduled a service date (again, our 5th or 6th one!!!) and when Mark arrived he did NOT have a solenoid, what he had was a standard water filter that anyone can purchase at a Home Depot. When I asked him how this could happen, he claimed he didn't even remember being at our house 3 weeks prior. Eventually his memory started to return and he said he would have to get back to us. I calmly told him that I have had enough and that they really need to get their act together. He said he would do just that, and hung up on me, huffed to my wife and left our house.

I have spoken about a dozen times with the head of customer service, Sonja, who speaks a good game but has never delivered. Most recently I told her I wanted to speak with a Gerhard or anyone with a financial interest in this business and she said I could mail a letter but that he probably wouldn't get it. She then said, give me one more chance to make it right. Bob (I believe) who was head of service called me, I missed his call, and now have returned his call numerous times in the past 2 weeks, asking him to call me. No avail.

My wife and i have NEVER encountered such a company. We want to do everything possible to protect other consumers from making our mistake and dealing with this company. A quick check of web-based review sites will show that we are certainly not alone in this experience.

Please help us protect others!

"Terrible and dishonest vender. I purchased two Danby Gas range and on Sept 7, 2012. One was damaged and returned right at delivery. After months of calling, I finally received the replacement order 12/19/2012. Again, at delivery, it was badly damaged. It looked like the same one that was damaged before. I called and let Gerhardt know that it was returned at delivery. Since then, multiple phone calls were made, including talking to Linda Gerhardt, and many others, still no reshipment as of today (5/7/2013). This is a very dishonest dealer of appliances. Each time when I phoned, they will respond "will call you back" Never did they call me back once. I am totally frustrated. Next step will be legal action."

"The microwave that was displayed in the ad and was shown to be available was not. Unable to complete the purchase"

Gerhards Appliances is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Gerhards Appliances is a merchant member
Gerhards Appliances participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,919 merchant members.