Stores > Gerhards Appliances

• Fax: 2158840349

Product & services pricing Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

2015-11-10

"I had a great experience ordering all my kitchen appliances from gerhards !
Website was very easy to locate appliances I wanted.
I was a little nervous ordering appliances on line, prices were so great I took the chance . Appliances were delivered to our beach house in Maryland within a week. My contractor installed them and I'm loving all my new appliances !!!!!!
Sallie

This review was modified by Ssagrin on November 12 2015 05:55:02 PM

2015-11-10

"Best deals!! Bought my entire kitchen appliances from Gerhard's. The sales people are very accomadating and never pressured me into buying something I didn't like."

This review was modified by msuong on November 12 2015 02:33:01 PM

2015-11-10

"I was very pleased with the overall service I received at Gerhard's. The salespeople were very friendly and directly me to what I was looking for as soon as I walked in the door. They were extremely knowledgeable about each of the appliances I was interested in and I did not at all feel pressured into purchasing one brand over another. I feel like I learned a lot when I came into the store and felt like I made a very educated decision regarding my purchase. I am very happy with my appliances and would absolutely come back to Gerhard's in the future."

This review was modified by eew1992 on November 12 2015 02:22:01 PM

2015-09-28

"I recently bought a washer which I loved and what I could afford. However in delivery the installer mentioned to my son that I bought the cheap model. This washer cost 600.00+. I feel this Esther is what I could afford. And although it was not the most expensive I still love the washer and am so grateful to finally get a washer after 2 years without. I would like Gerard's not to comment on the washer I bought since it is the one I could afford. "

2015-06-24

"I had purchased an item online on 6/10, I called to check on the delivery status today 6/24 and was told that the unit was not available and they tried to sell me a more expensive one. No one ever called me to let me know that it was not available and I have not received a refund. I checked their website and it still shows they have 2 units available??"

2015-06-22

"Quick shipping and very satisfied with delivery. Thank you"

2015-06-10

" I just called to find out delivery on an order for two washing machines placed on May 22. I had called a few days after the order was placed, requested delivery the week of June 8 and was told that I would get an email from A&MT trucking with details. When I called today I was informed that the order was cancelled and Gerhard's had called and left me a message to that effect. I advised there was no such message on my machine and at that point the person in the internet department disconnected and left me with a dial tone.
All in all it has been a very bad experience.

2015-05-07

"Their customer service is awful! Go some place else to purchase your appliances. My wife and I purchased a Speed Queen washer and dryer. During the install damage was done to our house by their delivery team. We contact Dawn and she said she would coordinate with their contractor. First time he no showed, second time he called asking to reschedule and the third time he no showed again. I tried to contact Dawn but she is not responding about resolving this repair. Additionally, the water pan for the washer is not the right size and they did not change out the gas hose during install (this is required by code). I have contacted the Doylestown and Glenside location even was directed to Mr. Gerhard's voice mail with no call back or attempt to resolve these issues."

2015-03-19

"Product has not been delivered!!!!"

2015-02-19

"Our number one choice for appliances"

Grisebella's Avatar

Connecticut Verified Customer
2015-02-04

"Best prices on all appliances. Nice people to deal with.

I bought a high-end Asko D5554XXLFI dishwasher that most places don't even keep in stock. I spoke to Linda on the phone and she was extremely pleasant, helpful and honest. Gerhard's had my dishwasher in stock and shipped it right away. Two blizzards delayed the trucking companies but that's not Gerhard's fault.

Once again, you cannot find better prices anywhere else on the internet.

2015-01-20

"My wife and I needed to replace a washing machine ASAP as our 7 year old Kenmore washer died a sudden and noisy death. We purchased a Speed Queen washer from Gerhard's after reading reviews online (50 of 51 reviews were 5 stars - other brands 1 and 2 stars). It is now in service and working well. We also purchased a Samsung TV. Our shopping experience was fantastic - we were even treated to a fresh-cooked lunch at the store. Our salesman Vaughn and owner Gerry gave us a great deal on both items plus upgrades and extras. We could not be more pleased with Gerhard's and will certainly return there for future appliance needs. "

2015-01-19

"I've posted this elsewhere as well, but after seeing some of the things people are posting on here, I decided I wanted to spread it around a bit to make sure that people are getting credit for the good things that happen too.

This is in reference to the store in Northeast Philly at Grant Ave. & Roosevelt Blvd. I went in looking to buy a dishwasher and a TV (two very different things; I know). As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by a salesman named Frank, and I'm so glad he was the one to help me. Throughout the entire process, Frank was incredibly helpful.

We started with the dishwasher since that was (arguably) the more important of the two pieces. He asked if I had anything specific in mind (I didn't; more just going to see what was there), and then asked some basic questions like what I had before, how many people in the house, and what kind of budget I had in mind. He took me to their selection, and started explaining a few different models that were within my budget. He was able to answer every question I had about them. I even tried to throw in some semi-technical stuff, but he clearly knew what he was talking about. I picked a Bosch model, as it was the most aesthetically pleasing of the models that I decided I liked and the salesman informed me that it also qualified for a rebate, which would help with the price (bonus win!).

We then went to the TVs, and I was again amazed at how much he was able to explain to me about a very different appliance. he was able to help me figure out a happy medium between size for my living room and my budget, so i was pleased. I picked a Samsung model that I felt looked good.

During the sale write-up, he went over the warranty information with me, and was sure to ask if I had any additional questions. When it came to delivery and installation, I was really surprised at how low their delivery charges were, but was more than happy to pay less than expected. The deliverymen showed up within in the quoted window, and were able to install everything without any hitches.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience, but I cannot emphasize enough how wonderfully Frank treated me. I would recommend going to Gerhard's for your appliances, and would DEFINITELY recommend asking for Frank at the NE store. He was much more knowledgeable than any person I ever dealt with at a big box store.

2015-01-15

"As a Glenside native, Gerhard's has always been my go to for all of our appliances!They have been a local landmark since I was a kid.

They always have great deals and will work with you to get the right product and price! I highly recommend them and always have a great experience purchasing from here. The best part is that they service everything they sell! My parents always got their appliances and TVs from here and now my wife and I have been doing the same.

We recently just bought a new mattress from them this year..They have the best prices out there and we even got a $100 off coupon and free delivery thanks to the promotion that was going on!

2015-01-02

"Just filed a Better Business Bureau Complaint! Buyer beware!!!

Approximately two years ago, I purchased a 30" Jenn-Air Induction cooktop and 30" Jenn-Air Downdraft Vent. Only a few months after the purchase, the downdraft vent controls malfunctioned. After repeated service visits and parts replacements, they finally replace the unit six months ago. In October, 2014, the vent began to malfunction again. I placed a call to Gerhardt's in November and a serviceman came to my home only to inspect and inform me that he didn't carry the parts on his truck;that it would have to be ordered and that he would call me when it was in. This was disconcerting as I was hosting Thanksgiving dinner and was concerned that it would not be fixed by then. True to form, I was not able to get it repaired for Thanksgiving,but did get a call at the beginning of December from Customer Service to schedule the repair appointment. I scheduled for December 19th, the day before I was having 30 guests for a family Christmas celebration, a critical time to have the unit functioning properly. I was called by customer service on December 18th to confirm and to let me know they would be there between 11 and 1. At about 1:00 p.m on Dec. 19, I got a call from the serviceman saying that he had left the part at the office by mistake and could not make the call today, even though I insisted that he return to the office to get it, and that he would call me in the next week to reschedule. I am still waiting for that call. I called the store today, 1/2/2015, and was told I would have to speak to the owner, to whom I asked to be re-routed. When a man answered the phone, I asked for Gerry (the owner), and he said, "Who is calling?" I gave him my name and he said, "How can I help you?" I explained the situation and told him I no longer wanted the Jenn-Air, as it was a defective product and wanted it replaced with a Miele or Bosch. When he hesitated, I asked to whom I was speaking and it was a salesman named Andrew, not the owner, Gerry. While he is supposed to get back to me today....

Share Gerhards Appliances's store rating

Gerhards Appliances is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Gerhards Appliances is a merchant member
Gerhards Appliances participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,638 merchant members.