Genius Cameras / Save Here Distribution Reviews - geniuscameras.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.17/10 87 reviews

Genius Cameras / Save Here Distribution is not a merchant member
Genius Cameras / Save Here Distribution does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Placed order for Nikon D200 package with 3 day shipping and told IN-STOCK. They tried to talk me into several overpriced additions to the order. I did not go for the extras. Called back to check as not delivered. I was told the item was BACKORDERED 8 to 10 weeks or more and the price was not guaranteed. "

modified review This review was modified by iMe on March 31 2007 07:38:03 AM

"After ordering a camera body (Canon Rebel XT) with no accessories I received a call asking for my credit card CVV number. After refusing some hard sell tactics the salesman gave up. The next day I receive an email saying they are backordered on the product I ordered and it would be several weeks before they could fill the order. I contact them every week, but am yet to hear back. My next step is to report them to the Better Business Bureau. It looks like there are quite a few dissatisfied customers who should do the same."

Rating 8/104/5

"Like everyone else it seems, I was attracted to Genius Cameras due to their low prices. I placed an order over the phone for a Nikon D80 camera and a Nikon 18-200 nikkor VRII Lens. Other than a little hard sell by the person whom I spoke with who's mission in life at one juncture was to change my mind from the Nikon lens I asked for to another inferior brand, the transaction went well. I had to wade through a barrage of high pressure coaxing for accessory upgrades or additions I did not need nor want, but after I told the salees person, "you are quickly convincing me to cancel this sale by waisting my time", he relented and we completed the sale for exactly what I wanted originally. Less than a week later I received the package and everything I requested was delivered exactly as specified. I know these guys have a terrible past track record as evidences by most of the other writeups here, but I can sincerely say that other than the aggressive arm twisting I experinced, they did deliver for me. Suggestion: When dealing with these guys, do your homework before hand and know EXACTLY what you want and shut them down when they start their high pressure bait and switch song and dance routine."

"Liars..! Told me they had the Nikon D80 in stock. Said it had USA warranty, made in Japan & it would arrive in 5-6 days..13 days later nothing.. No contact.... Atleast they didn't bill my credit card as of yet.. I had a feeling something was wrong w/these guys.."

"Classic bait & switch: buy our expensive accessories, and parts that normally are boxed with the item, but we've removed to sell to you at an extra price, or we'll place your order on permanent backorder."

"Worst store on the web. I agree with all the bad reviews on these guys...they bait you in with low prices and don't even have the camera. I ordered a camera, got a confirmation, then a note saying it was backordered. Never heard from them again. Called twice, was told that it would be in in 2 weeks. 3 weeks later, I call them and there is no date for it to come in. Nice inventory tracking. Horrible store....STAY AWAY!!!!"

"The WORST retail experience I've ever had. RUN, don't walk, as far away from these liars as you can get!!! I wish I had seen these postings before I contacted this company. Bait and switch is only the tip of the iceberg with these guys."

"Horrible & Liars! Lied to me about a problem at Canon with the digital rebel xt for 6 months after lieing to me that it was initially in stock. Am I really that big a fool believing they had a good buy? Yep!"

"The WORST kind of scam artists. Ordered the Canon EOS XT Rebel with special lens...great price. When I called to confirm the order they tried to upsell me a battery and carger for $550 (retail about $70) and a 1GB memory card for $350 (retail $80). When I ordered neither, I was told my order was on back order two days later by e-mail.
When I called to confirm the item was on back order, Adam, my "service rep" spent 10 minutes trying to convince me that he was able to offer me a "better deal" if I wanted it...and wouldn't tak "no" for an answer. Luckily, I digitally recorded our conversation just like that AOL guy. That's when I cancelled my order completely.

California

" It makes me sick to admit that I bought from these crooks. I spent $4,599.99 for a d2x body,extended warrentee, charger etc.. Everything looked fine so I thought all was ok. Not. I sent it in to nikon for service only for them to take it and tell me it's stolen. Still trying to get my money back. It's a good thing I live along ways from NJ. or I would probably be in jail for something awfull. Stay far away."

"Ordered a D200 package, lots of bait and switch going on with the lenses, after I had given him my credit card number. Once they had the number the obnoxious hardsell was on. I checked them out on line, found these bad reviews, called back to cancel the order, they gave me no cancellation number. Two days later the charge appears on my credit card, can't seem to get the tracking number from them since the "tracking department" is never open. Called my credit card company who have put the charge in dispute and advised me to refuse the package if it arrives. Also called Sigma Lens who confirmed that Genius is selling gray-market (stolen) lenses and that the lens they tried to sell me, listed on their website as $1099, doesn't even exist. Sigma told me they also go by the name Express and PhotoKing, which is the name on the credit card charge. Update 8/5/06: I finally reached someone in the "tracking department" who told me they couldn't give me a tracking number because the items were being drop shipped from California. Two days later UPS attempted a delivery of a package shipped from "Jack Silver" in Edison NJ. I refused the package per instructions of my credit card company and it was shipped back to NJ. They have had it now for 5 days, no credit has been issued, no attempt to contact me. My credit card company has told me that if they do not put a credit through in 20 days, they will charge back the amount.

Final results: "Photoking" issued a credit about one week after they received the items back. My advice, if you have problems with them make no attempt to deal with them directly, let your credit card company do it for you. They cannot afford to break the rules and lose their merchant status.

modified review This review was modified by assateague on August 15 2006 01:55:42 PM

"Sold me a Stolen Nikon D2x. When I sent it in for repairs Nikon did not return it to me and I am now out of $5000.00 and a Camera! They are stalling in my request for a new camera. "

"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH!!!
Genius Cameras offers prices that are too good to be true... and sadly they are. My purchase was for a Nikon D70s "body only" which in the real world means the body only kit from Nikon, including battery, camera strap, and other things that come with the body. Genius emailed me with instructions to call after placing the order to "confirm" my order, where they tried to sell me the items that should already have come with the camera body. After that conversation, where I did not purchase any "extras" the camera suddently went out of stock. All in all very bad business tactics and I happily paid hundreds more to purchase from a reputable dealer.
My recommendation: under no circumstances purchase from them, go elsewhere. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

modified review This review was modified by capro22340 on July 31 2006 11:08:31 AM

"After deciding what I needed I placed an order with Genius Camera. The Nikon D200 package that I had in mind had to be shipped from an overseas warehouse so I changed my mind and they gladly cancelled the order. This was the same as the majority of the sites and stores I researched. After rethinking I called back and spoke to a very good salesperson by the name of Adam and ordered the D200 body, a camera bag and memory card. When it arrived on time it was just as I hoped for. Adam, and the rest of the fine Genius Camera staff I want to extend a very sincere thank-you for making my first internet camera purchase a good experience. Keep up the good work! Kindest regards, Joseph M. Augusta, GA. "

"I dont even know why I tried. Everything everyone else says is true, I called to "confirm" my order. was offered a 70$ battery, declined that and was told to "enjoy". Called back not 5 minutes later and it was on backorder. The only good that came out of it is i found this website. Wish i found it sooner..."