• GenTech Compute

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

"Incredible support, especially through Ken Lee, via email and via Notebookreview.com. I had a few special requests regarding the shipping and billing and it was done 100% right.

Go ahead and buy stuff from them.

"I am stationed in Japan. I ordered an MSI GT-72 on Feb 11th and I had it in my hands on the 21st. The laptop was exactly how I wanted it. It was supposed to come with a game coupon, but they were out of them. Once they received more they were quick in emailing to me. I was real leery about ordering a laptop from a company online, but GenTech went above and beyond. I am looking at replacing my daughters laptop and I am defiantly going through them. Great company to deal with."

"I had 3 problems with the $3200 ASUS G750-JZ I purchased from GenTech.

1. I asked for RAID 1 configuration and they sent me RAID 0.
2. They sent my laptop without a Recovery Partition
3. They sent me Windows 8 Standard Edition instead of Windows 8 PRO. I had to pay $100 to the Windows Store to upgrade and GenTech did not refund my $100.

I'm not confident that the Windows Recovery CD I paid them $15 to make for me is functional and without an ASUS Factory Recovery Partition, I won't be able to restore this (Very Expensive!!) laptop to its ASUS defualt.
I've had the laptop for ~12 months now, and i'm ready to do a factory reset. Its going to take me a long time to download all the drivers etc that would have been on my recovery partition.

For $3200, I expected a better customer experience.

"I bought an Asus G74SX-DH72 from GenTech back in 2011. I ran into a few issues in 2012 and had to send the unit directly back to Asus for repair. Several issues surfaced this year (2014) and Asus claimed my warranty had expired, however I purchased the 3 year extended warranty from GenTech. So I contacted Ken, who was able to have my laptop service not once but TWICE. The first time Asus did not fix the issue with my laptop so I had to send it right back. Ken was quick to respond and provided excellent customer service along the way. He made sure Asus was on top of their game and I was able to get my lap top serviced. I highly recommend GenTech to anyone looking to buy a laptop, they provide great customer service!"

"Bought an Asus laptop with a ton of custom upgrades and GenTech did an awesome job. Highly recommended!"

"Great service, hassle free and international shipping went very smooth. Would recommend."

"I purchased a custom built laptop from GenTechPC in November of 2014. Although GenTech thoroughly tests laptops prior to shipment, one of the SSDs in my laptop failed within a couple of days. I can happily report that GenTech honored the warranty and replaced both SSDs with an improved model at no additional cost to me. I am very pleased with the service that I received and would definitely do business with them again. Hardware does occasionally fail. And it’s at times like that when you’re glad you did business with a reputable company. Thanks."

"Excellent service. This was a first experience for me with GenTechPC. I live in Kazakhstan and to get a customized quality gaming laptop here is a bit of a problem. My only solution was to buy it online. Ken from GenTechPC was very kind and answered all of my concerns. Laptop safely arrived according to all specs, shipping was done with extra care. I am very happy with this service.
Nothing to add - great service, great people.
I would defenitely recommend everyone using GenTechPC for buying laptops!

"After a long, but wonderful year, I am here to write a review about the gaming laptop I bought "

"The best example of good customer service!"

"I ordered a MSI GT70 2OC had some issues with my bank but that was on my side.
Customer service(a.k.a. Ken) was perfect definitely gonna buy from them again and i'm gonna recomend to my friends to buy from GenTech.
Thank you GenTech!

"I bought a MSI GT60-20D from Gentech. The laptop was modified by them according to my specifications. The work and shipment was very fast. Before shipping Ken Lee of Gentech thoroughly tested the machine and kept me informed of progress. I worked with me to resolve a glitch with the memory I had specified, and changed to RAM sticks which were compatible with the machines bios.
He installed an upgraded screen for me , which is beautiful.
I had a great experience and have a killer machine and received great service at a fair price. I would buy again from Gentech anytime!

"We got a few reseller here in australia but mostly parts are out of stock and will take time for them to deliver.. so i search from internet. I first heard GentechPC from youtube and found its review mostly positive!

I made the order couple of weeks ago. the day after i ordered my laptop i request to change my shipping due to my travel requirements and be gone for a few days.. Amazing Ken replied immediately!! after i sent the additional payment for my shipping option, he immediately made the changes as well.

I got the laptop as his commited date! however i had troubles installing the softawre (bec. i didnt bought an Operating System)..nevertheless Ken extended his effort in helping me fix the problem! This guy is very committed to his work and appreciate all their efforts!

I recommend GENTECHPC to anyone who wishes to buy laptop internationally :)

Karl (Sydney,AU)

"Very pleased with my experience. I picked Gentech based on the positive reviews and now I now I'm writing a positive review. Outstanding customer service. Couldn't be happier with my new laptop. "

"Hello curious gaming laptop buyers,

I purchased a barebones 16f3 gt60 gtx680m on May 13th 2013. I did not call so I hadn't spoke with the infamous Ken. My order shipped extremly fast and was in my hands a week later. What a beautiful machine, after typing on it I noticed the keyboard seemed buggy. Certain keys would not register and I was getting a lot of "o's" whenever I typed. After a quick goooooogle I learned this was very common in these keyboards, so I shot gentech an email. Less than 15mins later I received a response from the legend Ken himself giving me troubleshooting advice. When the troubleshooting still failed Ken put in an order and a brand new keyboard was on its way. After the new keyboard installation this baby is perfect and flawless. I cannot place the blame on gentech for keyboard and they handled it in a professional manner and I experienced some true customer service which seems to be lacking with other resellers these days. Gentech is a great reseller and you should definitly give them your money. I am very happy with my purchase however after having this computer for 2 weeks I noticed the new gtx780ms and haswell processors were added to the site for the same price :\ oh well that's what I get for being impatient. Gentech has my future buisness!

Share GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com)'s store rating

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a merchant member
GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,838 merchant members.