Stores > GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com)
  • GenTech Compute GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) by clicking a star below.
2017-09-13

Extremely satisfied! No issues.

"GenTechPC does a great job delivering value to gamers and enthusiasts looking for high quality laptops. As with every MSI laptop I've used, I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality for the price and love that you can get an "unbranded" experience. I chose GenTech over a competitor because of the free inclusion of extras (30-Day Dead Pixel Warranty, IC Diamond). I found their website to be clean, clutter/distraction-free, and easy to use for configuration than a competitor's site.

Everything that was promised was delivered. They shipped laptop within 10 days of ordering and made an international delivery to UK within a week. package was caught by customs and stuck there for another week, but that is to be expected. I was surprised that customs charged under £100 for a laptop well over £2000.
Would and will use their service in future!

2017-09-10

Sent broken laptop, sent correct part after multiple emails, reviews, and cc dispute 2.5 weeks later.

"Update:
after multiple emails, reviews on social media, and credit card dispute Ken responded and overnighted me the correct working part. Thanks.

My experience with GenTechPC is horrible! They sent me a broken laptop and acknowledged that they need to get me a replacement part on 8/24/17. Ever since then they have done nothing. When I started escalating the issue, the manufacturer agreed to do crosshipping, but gentechpc has yet to pay for it. I paid premium price to get a fully working expensive laptop. They have sent me broken POS and want me to pay more to fix their mistake. I will never buy from this company again, and advise you not to either.

2017-08-12

No buyer's remorse here!

"Excellent selection of PC'S. I picked up the new Sager 8952 fully loaded. I love it couldn't be happier.
ken over at Gentech PC was a charm to work with. I highly recommend. Do not hesitate if you're thinking of buying from this company!

2017-05-17

Excellent PC, Customer Service could Improve

"GentechPC does a great job delivering value to gamers and enthusiasts looking for high quality laptops. I chose Gentech over a competitor because of the free inclusion of extras (30-Day Dead Pixel Warranty, IC Diamond), and because they let you configure without storage (I had an existing compatible SSD). I also found their website to be clean, clutter/distraction-free, and easier to use for configuration than a competitor's site. As with every Sager/Clevo laptop I've used, I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality for the price and love that you can get an "unbranded" experience, making the laptop more compatible with work environments.

The negative for me was that I had to exercise the dead-pixel warranty as mine arrived with 2 dead pixels (I found the second only after requesting RMA). Thankfully, this process is complete and I now have a dead-pixel-free LCD. Unfortunately, Gentech's RMA numbers are valid for only 7 days, which is too short if you are shipping from the East coast (NY in my case), so I had to use Priority mail to ship, which cost $50. I know return shipping for RMAs isn't budgeted for and many vendors don't pay for it, but my feeling is that since vendors can often get discounts on shipping, and since they know the package details ahead of time, they should at least allow you to purchase the return shipping from them at their actual cost - many vendors do this. If that isn't possible, at least increase the RMA window to a more reasonable 14 days so distant customers can ship inexpensively.

I also felt the email and phone correspondence was too minimal, with overly short answers leaving me concerned abut the well-being of my equipment and confused about timing. It's really not hard to communicate this kind of thing clearly and reassure the customer. I think they could easily improve this with some general customer service training and even some improved email "boiler-plate". On the other hand, great "talk" without proper follow-through is worse, and since I got my LCD replaced with everything else on the laptop perfectly maintained, I can confirm that this claim was properly handled, if not clearly communicated.

Overall, I recommend Gentech, even with the above concerns noted.

2017-05-05

Gigabyte Aero 15 - Nice Computer, No issues

"No problems to report with GentechPC or the Aero 15. Shipping was quick and item received when expected. Arrived in new condition and based on a few quick benchmarks it is running fine. The only issue I found with the notebook was one partially stuck pixel. I barely noticed it on a pixel test and it's in an inconspicuous area so I did not use the dead-pixel guarantee.

Have had the notebook about a month so far with no issues. First time ordering a notebook from a custom retailer and no regrets. Thanks to GentechPC for the service and the freebies. Will definitely include them whenever I look for another computer. Be sure to check out NotebookReview.com as Gentech and other custom PC companies participate there and are usually quick to respond to questions with a lot more expertise than you will find from Newegg, Amazon, BestBuy or other retailers. The only downside of having a customized notebook is that Gentech and custom PC competitors all have relatively short return policies, in this case 14 days from the date of shipment. Would definitely like to see a 30-day or even 21-day policy, especially since starts when the item is shipped. I didn't deduct from the rating since the policy is posted on their website and I didn't have to test the return policy or server. It's not a big issue if you know in advance, but be sure to thoroughly check your PC in the first week!

2017-03-14

Aero 14 1060

"Their customer service was awesome! My aero 14 1060 had some problem of going into black screen due to some software issue imposed by windows 10 or Gigabyte's preloaded programs. Gentech helped me get through these problems and offered to do check ups/repair on their end. Overall, the computer is rock solid and the customization on the laptop is working as expected (IC Diamond and dead pixel warranty).

Thanks guys.

2017-03-08

MSI or BUST! GOOO GENTECHPC!

"So I purchased the brand new ASUS GL702VS (120hz panel \ G-Sync /w 1070) a couple days before it was released. Ken at GenTechPC went out of his to answer all sorts of questions for me.

I receieved the laptop very quickly once it was released.

The laptop ran WAAYYYY to hot and I was not satisfied at all.

Ken worked with me to get me a basically identical model (although MSI) with more RAM and wayyy better cooler, for $15 cheaper.

I was able to return the item without paying the restocking fee, and throughout the whole process Ken was very responsive over email and phone.

GenTechPC has won me over with Ken's great customer service and competitive pricing (and the extra freebie's like IC Diamond application, free 1 year accidental damage support, and free RAM upgrade, didn't hurt either).

Highly suggest.

Just ask for Ken (just don't overwhelm him) hehe.

Seth

2017-03-08

Great Company.

"Bought the Asus ROG GL702VS and what a great PC , awesome service and fast shipping, will definitely buy again;) "

2017-03-01

Amazing experience!

"I'm not living in the USA and my father was there for a limited time, I ordered GT72VR, got free upgrade to 32GB of RAM and 2 free games, communication was very good, the laptop arrived at the same day I've asked and emails were answered within minutes!"

2016-11-02

Outstanding in Every Way

"Ordered one of the first of the new batch MSI gaming laptops with the new-to-market Nvidia 10-series graphics. Upgraded to a non-standard RAID boot array and different storage drive, extra RAM, and an upgrade to the Windows 10 Pro operating system. Ken was very knowledgeable about what I asked to have done, and never once tried to sell me on anything not needed.

In the end I was blown away by the friendly service, the affordability of the upgrades and laptop cost, and the outstanding communication during the processing period. The laptop is a truly exceptional performer.

When it comes to buying a gaming laptop, GentecPC stands out head and shoulders above the rest!

2016-10-20

Truly deserving of this rating.

"I'm a firm believer that for every negative review there are more positive reviews that go unsaid (people are far more willing to complain then praise). My entire experience with GentechPC has been nothing less than amazing. I ordered a laptop before nVidia did the whole free gears of war 4 promo with their gpus, by a few days at least. I went back to the website and saw the promotion and inquired about possibly getting a copy with my purchase, even though I was outside the promotion, They threw in a copy as well as the previous promo for paragon. My laptop was ordered, assembled and delivered within 7-10 days in perfect working order. Could not be more satisfied.

Ken Lee did an awesome job assisting me with my purchase.

2016-03-18

GenTech Recommendation

"What can i say, i love my product. Ken from gentech gave me great service and product info. Really a great approach to what i was about to purchase for my first gaming laptop. I will definitely recommend him and his team to my friends here in montreal, Canada. Thank you very much for everything A++++++"

2016-02-26

Extremely satisfied!

"From start to finish, GenTechPC met or surpassed my expectations for my order; Ken went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied, and I could not be happier. I would absolutely order from them again, and would - and have - recommended them to others. You won't be disappointed. "

2016-02-24

Overall I am pleased.

"I did a lot of research before buying my new MSI GT72 Dominator laptop. I struggled deciding between the MSI I got and the ASUS G752. But I ended up going with the MSI because it is more customizable. Gentech is one of the only resellers I found that offers the customization I wanted and I picked them based on the reviews.

I had to wait for my tax refund to get this computer and when I got it, it was the first thing I ordered. I ordered my laptop at like 12:30 am the night my refund was direct deposited, which was a Wednesday. Later in the day I got a message stating that my credit card was declined.. error on my part as I didn't enter the billing address correctly. I replied to that email to try again and Ken replied stating it went through and that they would ship my laptop off early next week.

I paid an extra $48 for next day air hoping to get the laptop that weekend. But realistically, that wasn't enough time for them to make the upgrades, so I didn't mind them shipping it Monday or Tuesday. Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesday came and went. I sent another email to Ken Wednesday and he replied later in the day that they were behind on their production and that my laptop would be ready to ship tomorrow (Thursday). I understood, it was tax refund season after all. I ended up getting the laptop on Monday because UPS wouldn't ship to my address on Saturday for some reason. So I waited about 10 days from the time I ordered to the time it arrived.

I had ordered a custom dragon logo because it was on sale. Normally it was $39, but they were having a half off sale, so I paid $20 to have the dragon logo made red... cause.. why not. But when I opened the box and turned on the machine, the dragon logo was stock white. Then as I was checking it out my wife noticed it was starting to turn red more and more. Upon inspection, it was obvious this mod is nothing more than a red piece of thin plastic put between the light and the logo.. and it wasn't in there correctly. It was falling down in the screen housing. By the next day, it was completely gone. I am torn here, because I did pay $20 for this feature which wasn't done right, but I actually like the white dragon. Other than paying for something I didn't really get, I'm not bothered by it enough to want to send it back. I haven't contacted Ken about this yet, but it's a little disappointing that it wasn't done right in the first place.

Other than the shipping issue and the custom dragon logo, I am satisfied with my laptop. I have had an issue with the screen going all crazy after exiting Second Life, but after research I discovered this was a Second Life issue and not a computer issue. I have not had a problem with anything else in the last couple days since I got it.

4 stars because the logo was not done correctly and because I was told something different than what actually occurred regarding shipping. I thought Ken's communication was reasonable via email. I would advise against ordering the custom logos though. Not worth it, even at discount.

2016-02-16

Amazing Customer Service, great overall pre and post sale experience

"I've been doing my homework for my next laptop, when I buy a Laptop or Desktop I do a ton of research since I'm extremely passionate with technology in general and more so with PC's, this was my 10th laptop in 15 years.

I needed a light, thin and ultra-portable laptop, it needed to have the latest tech (for video/photo editing) as well as a powerful video card for gaming... In the end it came down to the MSI-G60 Ghost pro

I narrowed down to three vendors all offering a custom flavor of the MSI-G60, Origin PC (discarded due to the limited customization options with storage) and GenTech PC vs Xotic PC, in the end GenTech PC had more flexibility with better pricing on the same exact product, so I went with Gentech PC. Little did I know that the experience was going to be the best I've had since the early Alienware days (early 2000's pre-Dell)

Ken was amazing from start to finish, he was extremely knowledgeable in the custom upgrades, he was also very honest never trying to sell any additional stuff that I did not need.
I also needed the Laptop to be delivered in time for a particular day (which was 10 days after ordering it) and out of these three vendors GenTech was the only one that guaranteed the Laptop to be delivered on time which was impressive considering I had made some custom options that would most definitely delay the process, this was by no means a stock configuration.

My new MSI-G60 Ghost Pro arrived exactly 3 days before deadline, the packaging was top-notch, the Laptop had protective sheets in just about every angle, the Windows 10 installation had no issues at all, everything was delivered as advertised and as expected, which is something I had not experienced most of my previous laptops, they all had issues, ranging from very little (software issues) to pretty amazing ones (bad HDD or bad GPU)...

I'm happy about my new laptop, however I'm even more happy to have found a PC boutique that I can come to knowing they are as detailed oriented as I am.

I haven't had the need for support, although I'm confident GenTech will deliver there as well, I'll be sure to provide feedback when I do need to call their support....

Thank you Ken and thank you GenTech PC!

Share GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com)'s store rating

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a merchant member
GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,434 merchant members.