Stores > GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com)

• GenTech Compute GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) Elite Status

• Address: 1420 E. Cypress St Covina, CA 91724
    • Contact: service@gentechpc.com
    • Phone: 626-915-5008
    • Customer Support: 626-915-5008
    • Business Hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm Mon-Fri

2016-03-18

GenTech Recommendation

"What can i say, i love my product. Ken from gentech gave me great service and product info. Really a great approach to what i was about to purchase for my first gaming laptop. I will definitely recommend him and his team to my friends here in montreal, Canada. Thank you very much for everything A++++++"

2016-02-26

Extremely satisfied!

"From start to finish, GenTechPC met or surpassed my expectations for my order; Ken went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied, and I could not be happier. I would absolutely order from them again, and would - and have - recommended them to others. You won't be disappointed. "

This review was modified by nickg022672 on February 26 2016 11:14:40 AM

2016-02-24

Overall I am pleased.

"I did a lot of research before buying my new MSI GT72 Dominator laptop. I struggled deciding between the MSI I got and the ASUS G752. But I ended up going with the MSI because it is more customizable. Gentech is one of the only resellers I found that offers the customization I wanted and I picked them based on the reviews.

I had to wait for my tax refund to get this computer and when I got it, it was the first thing I ordered. I ordered my laptop at like 12:30 am the night my refund was direct deposited, which was a Wednesday. Later in the day I got a message stating that my credit card was declined.. error on my part as I didn't enter the billing address correctly. I replied to that email to try again and Ken replied stating it went through and that they would ship my laptop off early next week.

I paid an extra $48 for next day air hoping to get the laptop that weekend. But realistically, that wasn't enough time for them to make the upgrades, so I didn't mind them shipping it Monday or Tuesday. Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesday came and went. I sent another email to Ken Wednesday and he replied later in the day that they were behind on their production and that my laptop would be ready to ship tomorrow (Thursday). I understood, it was tax refund season after all. I ended up getting the laptop on Monday because UPS wouldn't ship to my address on Saturday for some reason. So I waited about 10 days from the time I ordered to the time it arrived.

I had ordered a custom dragon logo because it was on sale. Normally it was $39, but they were having a half off sale, so I paid $20 to have the dragon logo made red... cause.. why not. But when I opened the box and turned on the machine, the dragon logo was stock white. Then as I was checking it out my wife noticed it was starting to turn red more and more. Upon inspection, it was obvious this mod is nothing more than a red piece of thin plastic put between the light and the logo.. and it wasn't in there correctly. It was falling down in the screen housing. By the next day, it was completely gone. I am torn here, because I did pay $20 for this feature which wasn't done right, but I actually like the white dragon. Other than paying for something I didn't really get, I'm not bothered by it enough to want to send it back. I haven't contacted Ken about this yet, but it's a little disappointing that it wasn't done right in the first place.

Other than the shipping issue and the custom dragon logo, I am satisfied with my laptop. I have had an issue with the screen going all crazy after exiting Second Life, but after research I discovered this was a Second Life issue and not a computer issue. I have not had a problem with anything else in the last couple days since I got it.

4 stars because the logo was not done correctly and because I was told something different than what actually occurred regarding shipping. I thought Ken's communication was reasonable via email. I would advise against ordering the custom logos though. Not worth it, even at discount.

This review was modified by gothicross on February 24 2016 10:07:33 AM

2016-02-16

Amazing Customer Service, great overall pre and post sale experience

"I've been doing my homework for my next laptop, when I buy a Laptop or Desktop I do a ton of research since I'm extremely passionate with technology in general and more so with PC's, this was my 10th laptop in 15 years.

I needed a light, thin and ultra-portable laptop, it needed to have the latest tech (for video/photo editing) as well as a powerful video card for gaming... In the end it came down to the MSI-G60 Ghost pro

I narrowed down to three vendors all offering a custom flavor of the MSI-G60, Origin PC (discarded due to the limited customization options with storage) and GenTech PC vs Xotic PC, in the end GenTech PC had more flexibility with better pricing on the same exact product, so I went with Gentech PC. Little did I know that the experience was going to be the best I've had since the early Alienware days (early 2000's pre-Dell)

Ken was amazing from start to finish, he was extremely knowledgeable in the custom upgrades, he was also very honest never trying to sell any additional stuff that I did not need.
I also needed the Laptop to be delivered in time for a particular day (which was 10 days after ordering it) and out of these three vendors GenTech was the only one that guaranteed the Laptop to be delivered on time which was impressive considering I had made some custom options that would most definitely delay the process, this was by no means a stock configuration.

My new MSI-G60 Ghost Pro arrived exactly 3 days before deadline, the packaging was top-notch, the Laptop had protective sheets in just about every angle, the Windows 10 installation had no issues at all, everything was delivered as advertised and as expected, which is something I had not experienced most of my previous laptops, they all had issues, ranging from very little (software issues) to pretty amazing ones (bad HDD or bad GPU)...

I'm happy about my new laptop, however I'm even more happy to have found a PC boutique that I can come to knowing they are as detailed oriented as I am.

I haven't had the need for support, although I'm confident GenTech will deliver there as well, I'll be sure to provide feedback when I do need to call their support....

Thank you Ken and thank you GenTech PC!

2015-12-10

"I had an order in with another Vendor which had been in place for the last month and a half and no progress had been made towards the completion of my PC build even with their "Rush Build" option and having all the parts on hand. I Had some now tight time constraints because i was leaving the country and due to the other Vendors [XoticPC] empty promises of delivery my time was almost up. Thats when i Contacted GenTech and inquired about the same model and components, they had them on hand. Speaking with their sales rep Ken and informing him of my time table. He stated he would be able to get me the computer in 2 business days. He did not disappoint, It arrived just when he said it would and provided me with updates on when it was going to be ready through the short process from build to ship. The great customer service does not stop there, i was amazed that a few days after the receipt of my computer I was contacted by GenTech [Ken] to see how every things was with my computer and how it was working out for me. All in all Great Customer service, Quality workmanship on their products, and Super fast build and shipping (without any extra fees). 10/10 Will buy from again."

This review was modified by EarlMidgett on December 10 2015 10:02:06 PM

2015-12-02

"I was a bit skeptical about purchasing anything from overseas with the amount of money I was willing to spend, but after reading the reviews here of GenTech pc I bit the bullet and purchased a laptop from them. The best choice I could possibly make as the service and communication I received from Ken was second to none. The replies were quick and informative. The price was much better then what I could get here in Australia (even with shipping). To my surprise, the item only took 1 week to arrive at my doorstep (from dispatch). If anyone is considering buying from this company, I say, go for it, you won't regret it. They are very helpful and go out of their way to make a happy customer. Highly recommended. "

This review was modified by Beanbag37 on December 02 2015 07:15:06 PM

2015-11-02

"I can't say enough good things about this vendor. I've had some rotten experiences at other vendors, (xotic pc and ibuypower to name a couple), but Ken over at Gentech has gone above and beyond his requirements to help me out, and he's shown an immense amount of patience with me and my questions. He's never shown so much as a sign of annoyance in any of our correspondences and his answers and explanations have been on point and expedient every time. They've made a returning customer out of me based on the amazing customer service and no nonsense value, not to mention their aesthetically pleasing website that is much easier to browse for someone who's more attracted to a professional layout than the "louder" and more aggressive layouts of some other vendors who are trying to appeal to the "gamer" demographic with their obnoxious graphics all over the screen. There's none of that with gentech, and they don't try and sell you any fluff either. The customize your computer screen is simple, quick, and professional. The website is great, the check out process is great, the shipping quality was great, the machine was beautiful, the customer service was great, and the support is both knowledgeable and polite; what else is there to say? They don't waste your time, they don't lie, they don't make excuses, and they provide a high quality product with the service to match. Best custom PC experience yet, and I will come here again for my next build, whether it's a laptop or a desktop. "

2015-10-20

"Determined to be at the cutting edge of PC technology, GentechPC was among the first resellers to offer state-of-the-art computer systems powered by avant-garde Skylake processors, such as the dreamy yet reasonably priced MSI gaming laptop I picked out. That is how I got to know them.

I always approach online purchases with trepidation. For once, however, it turned out I had nothing to worry about. My technological wonder had to cross two continents, an ocean, and a sea to reach me, but arrived so fast and so spanking new it might as well have been sent from across the street.

Assisting throughout the painless process was Ken, their dynamic and affable resident sales guru, who has the sort of drive that could have made the difference for the Dodgers in their recent ill-fated series with the Mets. His solicitous attentiveness gave me the feeling that someone was always on top of every aspect of my order.

I have already begun saving up for my next, futuristic, GentechPC purchase. For those whose nest egg is still intact, I strongly encourage you to pay a visit to their well-tended website, where a tantalizing array of top-notch wares awaits you. You can e-mail Ken with all your inquiries, and he will no doubt set your mind at ease.

GentechPC, you have been around for a while, and I hope you will be around for a long while to come!

2015-09-01

"I am fully satisfied with all of my transactions with GenTech Computers! Excellent service! I got fast and helpful responds on all of my problems, questions and needs. I definitely recommend GenTech to anyone and everyone!"

2015-08-22

"So I ordered roughly a week ago and ken was my primary contact. Even in the middle of the night, on a sunday, etc ken was on top of every question no matter how big or small. The ordering process was unbelievably easy. I was going to go with xoticpc and I found gentech and heard all about ken. And just as people have said he is absolutely amazing ! Prices are just right customer service exceptional . Gentech is truly a recommendation from me going forward all the way :-D"

2015-08-05

"The transaction with GenTechPC was among the smoothest, quickest, and most pleasant I've ever had in years of buying online. Living up to his excellent reputation on the forums of NotebookReview.com, Ken L. answered my questions via phone and email succinctly, promptly, courteously, and with the authority of someone who knows his stuff really well and does everything within reason to look after the interests of his customers.

The order process and subsequent payment phase went flawlessly (hard to beat wire transfer for this, and GenTechPC passes along the cash discount savings to you). With only minimal customizations to HD and RAM, and helped by having parts in stock, I assume, the build and test phase started on a Monday... and my beautiful, monstrous GT80 SLI-263 was out the door by that Wednesday. Wow! Enduring the three-and-a-half day [free] ground shipping time of UPS from CA to IL was by far the hardest -- and also the only difficult -- part of this entire process. As I was joking with Ken, daily meditation is the key to surviving this phase.

My machine arrived impeccably packed, complete; everything worked flawlessly out of the box.

In my case, it helped that this was a meeting of the minds, in that I knew what I wanted, more or less, and that GenTechPC had or could get what I was asking for; but that's only half of the equation. You can know what you want and later get confused, even hampered by a buying process filled with roadblocks, intentional or unintentional. No such thing here. A company like GenTechPC, one that exemplifies an integrity and transparency that feels almost "old school", transforms that process, even elevates it.

Whether you approach them nearly ready to commit, or whether you are just starting out, with more questions than answers, GenTechPC inspires confidence and is perfectly-positioned to make it happen.

2015-07-11

"First of all, Ken is the man. Call them if you have any questions or issues with your order and he will take care of you. I needed to get a custom laptop within two weeks and Ken blew me away. Ordered on a Wednesday, had it in my hands by Friday. He kept me up to date during the whole process and even followed up to make sure everything was great. They set the standard for customer service. I have no doubt they will continue to take care of me in the future. Amazing products, shipped safely and faster than any of the competitors. What more could you ask for?!"

2015-07-04

"I'm not experienced with reviews or resellers, so bear with me:

Costumer service was outstanding. Ken replies in like five or ten minutes, even in off hours. Very nice guy, and my Sager NP7170 works great. I'll be sure to come back here when I need a new computer in the future.

2015-06-25

"Where to start.....GenTech is AMAZING! Everything from start to finish was A+. I am so glad a issue came up with another site I was going to order from and searched and found GenTech. The were super fast about getting me my laptop sent out, their spring specials and other deals made it cheaper than others and Ken is pretty fast about replying to any questions you have. I am typing this on my new machine (MSI GE72 Apache Pro 077) and it is so sick. I just sold my beast of a desk top and thought I would miss it but nope....I dont think I will! I can only imagine some of the super high end MSI Titan laptops....../drool. Thanks to everyone at GenTech!!! Ill be shopping with you again for sure!! Thanks!"

2015-06-22

"I have to say that it didn't start off well with me, the laptop I bought was defective and it was quite a hassle getting a new replacement. I did get the replacement after more than a month but it has some minor problems and also I chose stock options for the replacement (my original order had an extra SSD and IC diamond repaste).

However, a few weeks ago Ken reached out to me saying he wanted to make things right and he did. He had my laptop shipped back to him and upgraded it to the configuration that I first ordered, he also helped sent my laptop to msi to fix the minor problems. On top of that Ken gave me prompt updates on the status of the laptop. He added other extra things as well before shipping it back to me but asked me not to tell other people what free stuffs he gave me, so I can't spill the beans here :)

I've had the laptop back for more than a week now and so far I'm satisfied with it, I appreciate his willingness to make things right, something that I didn't expect.

Share GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com)'s store rating

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a merchant member
GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,629 merchant members.