• Address: 13100 STATE ROAD 54

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10

What is this?

"Krista was great, we had a few setbacks, but she kept me well informed, and shipped out the replacement parts the same day. Technical support was also great, all of my questions had been answered."

"One of the crucial parts was wrong. When I called and sent digital pictures, they agreed they had sent the wrong part. They would send another. They said they had changed manufacturers and apparently I got one part from the old manufacturer and the rest from the new manufacturer. I did not give them high marks for that.

They had also left out one of the items I ordered and paid for. It was listed on the invoice, but did not come with the other pieces. Five days later, a package arrived. It contained the missing part (not crucial), but the important part that prevents anything from moving forward was not there. I called. They checked and said they were sorry. They could see that it did not get sent., even though it was scheduled to be sent. They would send it. I still do not have it.

As for the quality of the gate, etc. - I have no idea. I cannot install it. I am still waiting. So, I might say I am completely dissatisfied - but I am hoping that sometime this fall the crucial part will arrive and I will get the gate closer installed and it will work.

"There was an initial problem with my order, and I had to call to find out why my order hadn't arrived (no e-mail notification of a problem). I found Judy to be extremely helpful, and our initial problem was quickly resolved."

"I have made several purchases from them. I've always been very satisfied. They also provide great technical support over the phone."

"Some glitches in the ordering process. Not all items showed up at the same time. Had a 3 missing items from the order after all was supposedly recieved. Gatecrafters is now sending right accessories/equipment.

I'll update after I install the system and see how it's going to work.

"I found that ordering was easy and delivery was promt!"

"Great service, price and equipment. Very straightforward install and super quiet operation. The only reason for not giving 5 stars is because we were shorted the remotes. I emailed Judy, my sales person twice asking about the missing remotes. Called her to find out they were on back order. So, now I've a gate operator but have to get out of the car to utilize the post mounted opening device in order to operate the gate. I am expecting the remote units very soon. "

"Easy website to manage...even easier installation. Perfect for what we needed. "

"I have been doing business with GateCrafters for 7+ years. very good to work with, fair prices."

"Great help in ordering the right equipment, and helping me get it to work on our location!"

"Matt Raab did an outstanding job for us. From the time he picked up the phone on a Sunday afternoon until he guided us through to completion. What better employees can you possibly expect. Don't let him get away to some other firm. $$$$ helps.

He is one clever guy!

My e-mail to him says it all:
Hi Ron,

That is great that it worked out well! I'll be more than happy to assist if they decide to use this type of system on the other pools too. Have a great day!

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM, RONALD KOLLMEYER wrote:

Gate Crafters - Web-DirectBrands Inc.

Hello Matt,

All three pool gates at the BWCIII pool are now fitted with your Mag locks and Z brackets. All hooked up to one irrigation timer and AC/DC converter. Comes our 8:15 sunset and the gates lock up, to reopen in unison at 8AM. We have also installed an emergency button switch inside the gate, not reachable from the outside, so the unweary will not be trapped. See attachment.

Total cost for the job was about $700 including conduits and wire and nuts and bolts. We were quoted in the thousands of dollars by other gate contractors to do a similar job. Of course our labor was contributed to the condominium.

We are now in compliance with our Insurance Agent's advice for a pool not lighted for nighttime use.

Again thanks for your help, we have three more pools who are candidates if the other Association so chooses!

Ron Kollmeyer

Ron Kollmeyer

"Super quick delivery, easy install and now we can actually have our gate open before we get right up to it and can control if from our home when visitors arrive... Wonderful!"

"good product, clear instructions....slight problem with shipping order/quantity..but was quickly resolved"

"I ordered a long range receiver/remote package to control my entrance gate. It was advertised as having a 1500 foot range. Because of delay in installing the gate, it was a while before I got to install the control. When I did, it would only operate the gate from about 500 feet unimpeded, line of sight, clearly in violation of the representation in the online advertising. Because my return was after the 30-day return policy, GateCrafters would not return my money."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-25-2014

GateCrafters, Gatecrafters.com rep has responded

“Unfortunately, because the date of return is over 150 days out of our inventory, it would be beyond consideration to return the item to inventory and issue a refund. However the product has a 1 year warranty that it still within. The item could be tested for full range and replaced by manufacturer if defective.”

"Good shipping time. Great customer support. I would recommend them highly if you need to purchase an automatic gate opener."

Gatecrafters.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Gatecrafters.com is a merchant member
Gatecrafters.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,847 merchant members.