Stores > Gatecrafters.com

Customer service: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10

What is this?

2016-05-24

Didn't receive the items

"I think something went wrong. I placed the order and never heard back from them??"

2016-05-09

Does not fit

"Purchase a gate back in Febuary this year Han an email with the rep stating exact size of gate recieved the gate last Friday may. And the gate is too big called the company blamed it on me because I signed the release for for a standard 12' 3" gate not realizing that the form they sent needed to be filled out with all the dimensions thought that is what was discussed via the email chain"

Rep reply posted May-26-2016

A rep from Gatecrafters.com, GateCrafters, has responded

“Since 2002 GateCraters.com has been one of the few reputable gate companies that offers our customers the ability to order custom gates, as well as semi-custom gates.
When a customer orders a semi-custom or custom gate, our gate department provides help and assistance for each step in the process to ensure that the gate that is ordered and delivered is perfect for their needs. The most important step in the process, is the approval contract. The customer must sign and fully fill out the form, so that the gate can enter production. Once the signed contract is received by the gate department, we look over the contract to make sure that it is fully filled out so that there is no confusion.
In this case, the gate was made to the exact specifications on the form, after we received the signed paperwork. After learning that the customer's gate was not fitting correctly, we have been in correspondence with the customer to try and provide options that will enable his gate to work. After coming up with a creative solution, the customer was able to successfully install his gate, with only minor changes. ”

2016-04-27

SERVICE

"I own a local gate and opener business and have always received excellent service from David R at gate crafters.

2016-03-27

Best service and products!!!

"I have had several gate openers in the past, none of them compact to the one I purchased from Gatecrafters! By far the BEST gate opener I've ever owned and the customer service is GREAT!! I would highly recommend buying your gate opener and accessories from them. David R. Was my salesperson that assisted me with any questions, Thanks"

This review was modified by Troymann on March 27 2016 04:31:46 PM

2016-03-14

Gatecrafters great support

"I’ve had the estate swing 1000 for about 3.5 years and from the beginning, the support from the gatecrafters staff has been tremendous. Most recently, Tony helped me with a “stuck-malfunctioning” situation. He sent me a video that gave me all I needed to know to fix it myself. I can’t express how helpful these guys are on all fronts. I’ve never received customer assistance at the times, or with as much support as I have with gatecrafters. I’ve spent more money on other items and those companies are mostly useless when it comes to after purchase experience. These guys stand behind their products like no other company I’ve ever dealt with. Bravo and keep up the great work and service."

This review was modified by Bradlox on March 14 2016 10:06:01 AM

2016-01-27

Great Guys!

"GateCrafters exceeded my expectations! Quick prompt shipping and great support when I needed it to help with the install. I read some of the reviews and I would probably venture to say people just don't read instructions and expect them to walk them through the whole install, and then get pissed when they don't help. I will give a shout to Bill and Judy for the wonderful service! "

This review was modified by GringoMan80 on January 27 2016 03:02:53 PM

2015-11-14

"Customer support on weekends is non-existent. On two consecutive Saturdays we have called for help programming the gate motor and were told the support person was "working remotely" and would be contacted by email and he would return our call. No response in either case.

When I called during the week to try and explain the error that their troubleshooting references, the support guy told me "I don't know why it says that in the manual - that doesn't mean anything" - apparently neither does their claim to provide support 9 AM to 9 PM 7 days a week.

This review was modified by cutshot70 on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM
Rep reply posted Dec-30-2015

A rep from Gatecrafters.com, GateCrafters, has responded

“We are very sorry for your frustration. As the CEO of Web Direct Brands, Inc. I am the backup for all tech support and regularly answer phones when needed. Even with our best efforts, up to 5% of calls may be forwarded to our message board where you can leave your contact information. This is generally during our peak calling hours due to the 9000 gate openers we sell each year. I apologize if your call was not responded to in a timely manner, as we are always striving to provide exceptional customer service.

According to our records on 11/19/15, when on the phone with one of our agents we were able to resolve your troubleshooting issue. While guiding you through the manual, our agent was able to assess that your issue was as a result to the photo switch not being set to ground.

If you are to have any other issues, please don’t hesitate to call us. From our family to yours, we hope that in 2016 your gate provides your family safety and a peace of mind.”

2015-10-12

"These guys are joke. Very incompetent service. Been on the phone for a hour with them today. Talked with three different people, have to explain the same story over and over. My gate still does not work.

If I had known this is the kind of service to expect, would have definitely gone somewhere else.

Be warned.

After some correspondent and a phone call, we finally figured out what was wrong and the replacement part was supplied free of charge. We were without the gate for 8 days, not the end of the world.

They do try, but could use better call center process. You need luck and patience to get through that, but eventually it appears they will resolve your issue.

Rep reply posted Oct-13-2015

A rep from Gatecrafters.com, GateCrafters, has responded

“We take the commitment to our customer seriously, so its not a joking matter to us. Marc, as your noted in you emails to us “The fact that I reached someone (tech support) on a Sunday is commendable” . When I followed your trail of emails and calls I noted these were all made in a short period of time. I recommend to everybody that might be experiencing similar issues to call our tech support from the gate with the proper tools to diagnose the problem (as noted in the instruction manual). If not, PLEASE have some patience as tech support thru email or over the phone while you are not at the gate is inefficient. I see that the faulty item was a limit switch that was probably damaged by lightning or surge (act of god) but we replaced them for you under a warranty as a courtesy. You have a beautiful property and might consider items from our lightning protection section of our website as long runs of buried electric wires can easily pick up surges from nearby lightning strikes. I hope you will reconsider the one star review and hope you have a peaceful and pleasant retirement.”

2015-09-28

"Ordered a complete Chamberlin/Liftmaster gate opener assy including keypad. Keypad failed in less than 6 months. Was told I would have to pay for replacement keypad and would receive credit for old one once returned. That didn't work for me having to pay twice so bought a new keypad from a different vendor. Next shipped old keypad back to Gatecrafters for credit after installing the new one and have yet to receive that credit even after numerous emails and calls. Warranty/ customer service is abysmal. I have several neighbors who are about to install gates and they will be ordering elsewhere after hearing about my poor service."

2015-08-06

"On March 4th 2015, We purchased the Estate Swing Dual Solar Opener, plus accessories.
We hooked up the arms and control panel, the instructions are very user friendly , and we had no problems with attaching the arms and panel. When we did a test run, we had a lot of issues with the gate opener not working with both arms. The opener operated perfectly as a single opener. After numerous phone calls and sending pictures, it was determined that the one arm and control panel were the problems. At this point I wanted to return everything and give up, but the manager convinced me to wait and try a new arm and control panel. A new control panel and one arm was sent; the same issue came up. We spoke with a tech numerous times trying to troubleshoot this issue. A conversation with a different tech, told us that he thought the new control panel was the issue and he sent out another new control panel. When the third control panel arrived we still had an issue with the gate working as a dual opener. We have had enough dealing with the gate opener not working properly that we decided that we wanted to return the gate opener back. We spoke to the manager to determine what were his recommendations. We when informed that the warranty had expired and we would only receive a partial store credit minus 15% restocking fee when we returned the opener. When we wanted to return the gate opener before the warranty was up, the manager had convinced us to wait and now we are out of money we originally paid plus an additional $150 for the extra arm and control panel. The manager also said that he had tried to talk us out of buying this model. (When we first bought this unit we had explained that we didn't want to spend that much and that the opener would only be used about twice a day. The manager agreed that this unit would be good for us and also stated that this unit is a DYI.) I must confess that I was angry and raised my voice and asked to speak to the owner of the company. Apparently he doesn't take phone calls. I can only assume that his reason for not taking phone calls is that he can't be bothered with dealing with UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS!! So basically we are out of $1359.29 for a dual gate opener that works only as a single, with a bunch of extra parts and accessories. We do not recommend this product.

Rep reply posted Aug-08-2015

A rep from Gatecrafters.com, GateCrafters, has responded

“We sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with the product. Our technical staff is here to help you solve this issue and we are committed to getting you an opener that is dependable.

There is one small misunderstanding in regards to our return policy, when the initial call to a manager was made wishing to return and then a later call to the manager to return , the same 15% restock fee would have applied in either case. That is part of the standard return policy. The statement about being past the 30 day return period from the time of purchase is correct but is not negatively impacting you, we have extended the return policy to allow return if desired.

The gate opener you have is one that is a top seller and is being used on gates on our company’s property, so we have confidence we can solve whatever issue is occurring in your location or we can get a different brand gate opener to you that solves whatever problem may exist in your location.”

2015-06-29

"Bought the la412 solar dual swing gate, gate, exit wand, long range remote, and more...installed it all myself with little help. I had a couple of very small wiring issues. The gatecrafter team was awesome at helping me get it resolved (the issue was my fault). Everything is working great and I really appreciate the quality and service offered by Gatecrafters. From the salesman that helped me scope the project, to the technical team that helped me troubleshoot, overall great experience."

2015-06-22

"Awesome product and customer service."

2015-06-10

"The product is likely OK, but the installation instructions are worse than worthless, they do not apply to most of the gate openers purchased in the past 10 years.

When I called for tech support to troubleshoot the non-op of my just installed Gate Lock, the guy on the phone asked about the instructions I was using. The "Gate Lock" instructions. His first question was "were did you get those?" When I told him they came in the box with the product in question, this week, he acted like I was a fool for following the wrong instructions.

So he sent me to a DIY link on their website, where I "would find "all the instructions for all gate accessories, for all gates." My gate is a Might Mule FM500 (the most common DIY gate) and my accessory is the Gate Crafter's Auto Lock. The instructions were nowhere to be found on that site.

FYI: No where on the instructions or invoice does it say these instructions do not apply to most gates. And no where does it give you any information about finding the "correct" instructions.

The product maybe terrific, but the tech support and customer service is pathetic!

Rep reply posted Jun-17-2015

A rep from Gatecrafters.com, GateCrafters, has responded

“We are sorry that you had an issue with one of our service representatives. The generic instructions that come with the product are such that they define what the terminals of the universal lock board do for wiring to any brand/model/year gate opener: http://wdbmedia.com/gatecrafters/MANUALS/GCLock-Manual.pdf
Because the purchase of the gate opener was not done from us when the lock was purchased we did not have information ahead of time to supply specific instructions to your brand/model opener. If a gate opener is purchased from our website at the same time as the gate lock then we do email and print instructions for that specific model gate opener to that specific lock in addition to the generic manual. These instructions are also available through the website through the Accu-choice link in the header, by typing "help" into the search or through the DIY Center. Here is a link to the instructions specific to the mightymule FM500: http://www.wdbmedia.com/GATECRAFTERS/Gate%20Opener%20Manuals/876/943.pdf”

2015-06-08

"I am very happy with Gatecrafters products, every time I need tec support they always helped me, and always get my orders on time."

2015-05-31

"I had an issue with an exit sensor for my gate. The support team was very helpful. Replacement parts were expedited and it all works great now. Thanks."

Share Gatecrafters.com's store rating

Gatecrafters.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Gatecrafters.com is a merchant member
Gatecrafters.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,589 merchant members.