• Gatecrafters.co Gatecrafters.com Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.28/10 8.28/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.93/10 7.93/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.12/10 7.12/10

What is this?

"Bought the la412 solar dual swing gate, gate, exit wand, long range remote, and more...installed it all myself with little help. I had a couple of very small wiring issues. The gatecrafter team was awesome at helping me get it resolved (the issue was my fault). Everything is working great and I really appreciate the quality and service offered by Gatecrafters. From the salesman that helped me scope the project, to the technical team that helped me troubleshoot, overall great experience."

"Awesome product and customer service."

"The product is likely OK, but the installation instructions are worse than worthless, they do not apply to most of the gate openers purchased in the past 10 years.

When I called for tech support to troubleshoot the non-op of my just installed Gate Lock, the guy on the phone asked about the instructions I was using. The "Gate Lock" instructions. His first question was "were did you get those?" When I told him they came in the box with the product in question, this week, he acted like I was a fool for following the wrong instructions.

So he sent me to a DIY link on their website, where I "would find "all the instructions for all gate accessories, for all gates." My gate is a Might Mule FM500 (the most common DIY gate) and my accessory is the Gate Crafter's Auto Lock. The instructions were nowhere to be found on that site.

FYI: No where on the instructions or invoice does it say these instructions do not apply to most gates. And no where does it give you any information about finding the "correct" instructions.

The product maybe terrific, but the tech support and customer service is pathetic!

Rep reply posted Jun-17-2015

GateCrafters, Gatecrafters.com rep has responded

“We are sorry that you had an issue with one of our service representatives. The generic instructions that come with the product are such that they define what the terminals of the universal lock board do for wiring to any brand/model/year gate opener: http://wdbmedia.com/gatecrafters/MANUALS/GCLock-Manual.pdf
Because the purchase of the gate opener was not done from us when the lock was purchased we did not have information ahead of time to supply specific instructions to your brand/model opener. If a gate opener is purchased from our website at the same time as the gate lock then we do email and print instructions for that specific model gate opener to that specific lock in addition to the generic manual. These instructions are also available through the website through the Accu-choice link in the header, by typing "help" into the search or through the DIY Center. Here is a link to the instructions specific to the mightymule FM500: http://www.wdbmedia.com/GATECRAFTERS/Gate%20Opener%20Manuals/876/943.pdf”

"I am very happy with Gatecrafters products, every time I need tec support they always helped me, and always get my orders on time."

"I had an issue with an exit sensor for my gate. The support team was very helpful. Replacement parts were expedited and it all works great now. Thanks."

"Prompt professional service "

"Excellent service and speedy shipping. Got my new gate wheels fast and my gate is now smoothly rolling again."

"Do not purchase the GSM Intercom and Access Control Unit. This is a 2G only device. As we all know all GSM carriers are moving from 3G to 4G or already at 4G which means they are removing their 2G and 3G equipment from the network. You will spend lots of time troubleshooting only to find out this the hard way. Save yourself time and money, find a different devices that uses current technology. Ask for Joel in their technical support team if you don't believe me, at least he was honest. We'll see how long it takes me to get a refund..."

Rep reply posted Jun-17-2015

GateCrafters, Gatecrafters.com rep has responded

“We are sorry that you are not happy with that product but we can definitely accept it for return or exchange. In general, until just recently GSM products were all 2G products, just recently did GSM start getting developed on 3G and doesn't exist yet on 4G. In 2014 when you purchased the product we did not have a 3G version available to us, only the 2G that you had purchased. 2G has had rumors for quite some time as being scheduled for being turned off but there are still many devices using it (credit card systems, alarm systems, etc) so the date keeps getting pushed back. 3G has no schedule as of yet for being turned off. We have available a system that just came out by AAS that is 3G rather than 2G. We also have a 3G GSM receiver from the same Estate Swing brand that will be arriving this summer.”

"They were very knowledgeable and helpful, with short wait time on phone calls."

"Judy
did a great job, was very helpful
thanks

"very helpful service after purchase. Years after original purchase I needed instructions and the entire instruction manual was available on their website."

"I was extremely impressed with the quality of service I received from Krista Morgan at Gatecrafters. She was efficient, polite and prompt. I enjoyed doing business with her.
Thanks Dick Roberts

"Matt helped me solve a problem with my gate which I had caused at a late hour in a time critical situation for me. He was very knowledgeable and helpful in troubleshooting and then repairing the problem. This was my third or fourth great experience with Gatecrafters over the years and I will not only recommend them to everyone who needs a gate but will NEVER buy any gate equipment from anyone else. After this experience with Matt I actually came back in the house and told my wife that if I ever talked about using any other company for gate opener equipment that she should shoot me. Gatecrafters is absolutely THE BEST! I would rate their customer service ten stars if I could!"

"Great product! great service!"

"Very good experience with this order. Will definently consider in the future."

Share Gatecrafters.com's store rating

Gatecrafters.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Gatecrafters.com is a merchant member
Gatecrafters.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,851 merchant members.