• Gatecrafters.co Gatecrafters.com Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.61/10 8.61/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.35/10 8.35/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10

What is this?

"very helpful service after purchase. Years after original purchase I needed instructions and the entire instruction manual was available on their website."

"I was extremely impressed with the quality of service I received from Krista Morgan at Gatecrafters. She was efficient, polite and prompt. I enjoyed doing business with her.
Thanks Dick Roberts

"Matt helped me solve a problem with my gate which I had caused at a late hour in a time critical situation for me. He was very knowledgeable and helpful in troubleshooting and then repairing the problem. This was my third or fourth great experience with Gatecrafters over the years and I will not only recommend them to everyone who needs a gate but will NEVER buy any gate equipment from anyone else. After this experience with Matt I actually came back in the house and told my wife that if I ever talked about using any other company for gate opener equipment that she should shoot me. Gatecrafters is absolutely THE BEST! I would rate their customer service ten stars if I could!"

"Great product! great service!"

"Very good experience with this order. Will definently consider in the future."

"I purchased an Estate Swing (single) gate opener package from Gatecrafters. The installation went quite well and I was happy with my purchase. Except...the two (2) "Estate Swing 433 MHz Wireless Gate Opener Access Digital Keypad - Commercial Housing" units that I purchased (for more than $100 each!) failed after little more than one year of very light usage (just a couple of times each per week). On one of the units, several keys stopped working; on the other unit, its transmitter stopped sending the correct code to the receiver (performing several factory resets and reprogramming both the keypad and the receiver - several hours of work - did not solve the problem). I had to purchase two new units at my expense. The keypads should have worked for many years, not just a few months. I am not a happy customer! "

"Getting someone on the phone or getting a return call is like pulling teeth. Hurts and not very fun.
Great Products and price.
Shipping packaging leave a lot to be desired.

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-17-2015

GateCrafters, Gatecrafters.com rep has responded

“Thank you for talking to us about your issue, your feedback is invaluable. We have take corrective action with the rep had not been responsive and please do reach out to the contact from your email if you need any assistance in the future. He will ensure that you no longer have issues with communication.”

"Opener seems to be well built and operates the way it should. Customer service has been very good. Thank you"

"JUDY MADE IT SOUND LIKE IT WOULD ARRIVE IN AWEEK,AT MY HOME!!!,NOT 30 DAYS LATER
ORDERED JAN 29, FEDX PICKED UP FEB 5?? WHAT HAPPENED??

THATS MY STORY

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-17-2015

GateCrafters, Gatecrafters.com rep has responded

“We are sorry for the 5 day delay on your gate opener shipping out. What we did not know at the time that you ordered was that your residential address in Hawaii was not going to be accessible to all LTL carriers. The gate opener you ordered could not ship through package delivery services (UPS Ground / Fed Ex Ground) so we had to arrange through Fed Ex freight and the original intended delivery carrier had to be cancelled because they would not make final delivery at that address. We again apologize about the delay this caused.”

"We recently purchased the Apollo 3500 Gate opener for our home in Northern CA and are happy with our choice. We are very happy with the after sale support provided by Matt Raab of GateCrafters. We had a problem with the control panel that had to do with the battery not receiving a charge. Matt did an excellent job of researching the problem and communicating with us and his advice was spot on. Thanks!"

"Had a couple glitches, however Judy stepped up and took very good care of me. "

"This is the second time I bought a complete gate system from Gatecrafters . There prices are good shipping was good but I got no remotes with my system all installed can not use it by Monday 2/9/2015 it will be ready to use. remotes on back order do not know when they will arrive. They should have come with the complete system. us patriot dual openers. Dave did a good job but dropped the ball on the remotes. thank you David Harrison"

"Now that they are installed my gate arms are working well even in below freezing temperatures. I hired a contractor to install the gate products and he received very poor service whenever he phoned customer service for help. The instructions with one item I ordered were not correct. It cost me over $200.00 in payment to my contractor and an electrician he hired for help as they followed Gate Crafters incorrect instructions. No one in customer service told them that the installation instructions sent with the product were wrong. I finally phoned customer service, learned about the worthless instructions and received an email of the correct instructions. This was after costing me a lot in dollars and time because nothing in what I received even hinted about changed instructions."

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-09-2015

“Hi,

We are sorry to hear about the trouble that you had.

In regard to some instructions being incorrect and causing you issues we have refunded you the price of the accessory that you purchased that had the wiring error as an apology for the mistake.

In regard to the contractors calling, it seems they were calling Liftmaster support line and not our support line. We have record of your phone call but not of theirs, this also would make sense as to why the technicians that your installers spoke to did not know of an error. We produce instructions that pair accessories with gate openers and send them with the kits, Liftmaster would not know of the accessories or the instructions that go with the accessories.

We are sorry for the confusion and you should see the refund for the accessory posted to your credit card.”

"I have placed 2 orders over the past 2 months and both them got screwed up. The first time I needed to return some stuff that I had purchased with the opener that I ordered. So I called in to get the Return autho # and I spoke to Judy. She took care of all that and I also needed a few other things. I asked if it would be better to place the order online and she assured me that she could take the order. A week and a half later I had still not received my parts or a tracking # so called in to speak to Judy and was told my parts were never shipped. So she rushed them to. A week later I needed some more stuff but was not sure exactly what I needed. So I called in again and spoke to Krista (didn't want to deal with Judy again). She was very helpful to find what I needed. I placed the order online this time thinking it would be better. When i finally got my order they had sent me the wrong part. So I called in again and spoke to Krista. She acted like it was my problem and that i had to send the wrong part back before the would send me the correct part. When I voiced my displeasure about this she assured me that she would rush it right out. A week later I sent an email to Su Lieng who had sent me the shipping label to return the wrong part. Her response was that it was sent out USPS and they could not find a tracking # so she sent again by fedex. Finally I received my part. I can honestly say that I am not a 100% satisfied and they didn't seem to care if they made it right or not. I have purchased 4 gate opener kits from here for myself and others. From now on I will look for other options to buy openers and parts before ordering from Gate Crafters.com

Gate Crafters responded to my review and attempted to make it right. For now I am content with the refund they gave me for the trouble. We will have to see if I have any more trouble next time.

"Was lied to and customer service was horrible "

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-03-2015

GateCrafters, Gatecrafters.com rep has responded

“We are sorry that when you called to cancel your order prior to it shipping that the representative that you spoke with said he would take care of it and forgot. Please know that he did not do that intentionally. In these cases we provide a pre-paid return pick up of the product and a full refund including shipping. We emailed you directly to assist you with this resolution.”

Share Gatecrafters.com's store rating

Gatecrafters.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Gatecrafters.com is a merchant member
Gatecrafters.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,837 merchant members.