Stores > GameStop
  • GameStop

Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
Voice your opinion! Review GameStop by clicking a star below.
2017-07-16

Never buy anything from Gamestop

"I purchased F1 2015 on 6 23 17 it didn't work so I sent it back at a cost to me of $9.25 I complained through E-mails and they responded once and asked if I wanted a re-fund or a replacement game I told them I would take a replacement and that I wanted my $9.25 back for shipping there game back to them, they never responded so I sent another E-mail and they never responded to that, so on 7 11 17 I sent a complaint to the BBB and on 7 12 17 gamestop gave me back my purchase price minus the shipping and did not re-fund my re-turn shipping so I am out a total of $12.24 for a game I don't have that was defective from gamestop, DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASES FROM GAMESTOP ONLINE OR IN STORE THIS IS A RIP OFF!!!! "

2017-07-10

AWFUL!!!

"This is a WARNING to never order from GameStop! This company is a joke.
I ordered a retron 5 game system for Christmas, after months of never receiving it and going in circles with customer service on the phone and waiting an hour each time, I cancelled through my bank. Well I get a letter a little while ago that anyone who made purchases with their credit card between such and such time is at risk for credit card theft, sure enough this morning I wake up to people that have made multiple transactions with with my credit card. I'm furious!!!!!
Don't bother trying to get In contact with anyone because you'll be on hold for over an hour and they don't want to help you, you're basically signing up for a headache when dealing with this company. I will never purchase anything from GameStop and suggest others take my advice. If I could speak to a manager I would but can't get through!! What a joke!

2017-07-06

Do not shop at GameStop!

"I highly recommend to never buy products like this from GameStop. I had my mom order a phone for me that was refurbished for 340$, I find out a week later that they screwed the order up, so now I have to wait even longer EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS 24 HR SHIPPING. Anyways, it comes down to another week and we ask them what's going on and they said that the total price of the phone was 515$ so 200 dollars more than original. Apparently, GameStop itself screwed up their own prices ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE, so the phone actually costs 450$ and to add that, shipping and handling is like 70$!!! I am definitely going to return this phone and shop somewhere else. -An unhappy customer"

2017-07-06

Non-delivery of videogame item.

"On June 29, 2017, I made a purchase of 2 videogames through GAMESTOP.COM. One package was marked delivered by UPS on Saturday, July 1, 2017, but it never arrived at my address or at any of my neighbors'.

I soon realized GAMESTOP.COM only has e-mail customer service. After 4 back-and-forth e-mails with GAMESTOP.COM e-mail customer service, I have got nowhere. It is about 24hours between GAMESTOP.COM responses, and every representative seems oblivious to the fact that UPS lost my item. I have had to call up UPS myself and lodge my own claim for this package, and I'm the one who has had to do all the legwork in trying to get a refund (that I still have not received).

I thought GAMESTOP.COM had a good deal on this videogame, but this experience will ensure I will never put my faith into GAMESTOP.COM again.

EDIT: ADDED ONE STAR. I finally got through to GameStop. They have a telephone number, but it is NOT listed on their website, and different than what shows up on the billing statement. After a 21minute phone call, GameStop refunded my money for the missing package.

2017-06-16

Horrible manager

"The manager on 125th & 7th would not refund my game when it was still the 7th day .I had to go all the way to another game stop to get it done. She was rude before I could even explain my case. Don't come here "

2017-06-07

What a terrible online company

"Purchased a downloadable item from them for $19.99. Realized that I used the wrong email, so I tried to cancel the order via their email and purchased it using a different email -- for another $19.99 charge. Despite my requesting the cancellation within minutes of the first order, they refused to honor it and have charged me for both orders.

Avoid at all costs. They are essentially thieves.

2017-04-04

Damaged Goods

"I received my pre-ordered copy of Persona 5, the special "Take Your Heart" edition collector's box. It looks like someone kicked it out of the storage room and behind the register because one corner is smashed in and the top is indented all along the front like it got stepped on. Of course since I unwrapped it already hoping the box inside would be fine and it was just the sleeve being damaged (the box was crushed too), I can't get it exchanged now.

So thanks for the damaged goods, GameStop. If this is the quality of merchandise being sold, I'm taking my business elsewhere. Never buying from them again and warning all my friends to stay away.

Pictures of the damages:

Side Wrapper: https://scontent-ort2-1.****.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17620222_10155131370378480_2113875653375884144_o.jpg?oh=7187c49dd9febf49207684e175d68c9c&oe=595CD39C
Side Box: https://scontent-ort2-1.****.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17504572_10155131370788480_7587023852729004840_o.jpg?oh=6281e7c88d38c6a7fb2c061ae6408ec6&oe=59987894
Top (notice the highlighted creases where it bows inward): https://scontent-ort2-1.****.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17814334_10155131371563480_4194970028794886786_o.jpg?oh=826d439d07a904d284b66caadc02e06d&oe=5952B4CA

2017-03-25

Customer Service is terrible

"We've been through the ringer with game stop customer service via email and phone (when we could get through to someone).

I highly suggest revamping your customer service team. They were absolutely no help to us. Their lack of communication with the customer has cause my order to be cancelled when I've done everything I could to get in touch with someone to solve the situation.

Your website issue (which I've explained multiple times via email to your CS team) is that GUEST cannot update their order information after signing in. *******

Again your CS is ridiculous beyond measures. In case you're wondering the situation you can read below.

Pre ordered a game as a Christmas gift.
We moved before it was time to ship.
I logged in first, as a guest since I ordered as a guest, to update my billing and shipping address. The Mobil or desktop site would not let me update my information.
Saw an email come through shortly after that my order couldn't be processed because my billing changed. So I emailed, got one response to provide more order information. I replied with updated order information then I was never contacted back again.
I emailed again, told them my situation. Was told to call in. I called in twice that day with extremely long waiting times over 15 minutes each.
I emailed back asking if this could be solved over email. They said yes as long as it wasn't a new credit card number because that would have to be given over the phone. So I emailed back my new shipping and billing address.
The next email I get from GameStop is that my order is cancelled. Never heard back from customer service.

My husband then calls to try and get the situation handled. The guy talks to him in circles. Then he gets to speak to a manager. She blames us for their lack of communication. They wouldn't replace our order. She finally offers a $20 coupon because she just doesn't know what else we want. We'd like better customer service, we'd like for GameStop to replace our order, we'd like to get the game now instead of falling to the back of the line and having to wait months to receive our order, we'd like to be told that you understand and own up to your mistakes and lack of communication, and we'd defiantly not like to be told it's our fault the order was cancelled.

2017-02-27

game stop ****

"I want to get a madden 17 card so I can get update my team they give me any xbox 1 card I don't even have any xbox one I have the 360 now now those **** holes want give me money back I want be going their any more the guy was on the phones the hole time no even helping me find what I need"

2017-02-26

Horrible

"I bought a game for $68 and traded it in before 30 days and they gave me $27 back. Thats stupid."

2016-12-10

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE

"I bought a game through online gamestop. I paid with paypal. Or tried to pay with paypal. After numerous calls with paypal and gamestop. Hold time for gamestop is at least an hour each time. Paypal stated gamestop would not take the funds. Gamestop customer service is clueless. Finally after two weeks of this I cancel the paypal payment and pay with credit card. Ok so I am told I would receive the game code with 24 hours. Well a week later I call on Saturday. Another long hold time. Finally someone comes on the line. I am now told that my order which has been paid for is noW on manager hold for review. FOR A WEEK. I ask why. He does not know. So I am told by this agent that he will take if off of hold and I will get my code within 24 hours. I ask to speak to manager. I am told MANAGER is busy on another call. I tell the agent I will wait for the manager. So here comes another long hold. The agent gets back on the phone and states here is the manager. Well guess what. No manager. I get silence. Sounds like someone there but they are not talking. Just listening for about 5 minutes. Worst experience ever. Customer service is a joke. "

2016-12-09

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

" I bought 2 XBOX ONE games online during the Black Friday sale on Thanksgiving.

One game, I learned shortly after purchase was already bought by someone else AND AT A BETTER PRICE. I tried to cancel the game (as I was lead I would be able to do easily by their site propaganda). No where was I able to find cancellation info for these items. I then sent a customer service email (as it was Thanksgiving) hoping for the best.

Friday, I try calling their customer service line. Hold times off the charts and busy signals. Unable to get through, I try email again.

Saturday I get an email that it had already been shipped when it had not been. (I checked the order status and the game I wanted to be kept had been shipped NOT the one I wanted to cancel.) I inform them of this. No response.

I contact them a couple more times trying to get this game cancelled to no avail. It ships like 2 or 3 days later.

You think that's end of it. Not by a long shot.

The first game they sent was sent in PS4 Format. I ordered XBOX ONE. When I went in store to exchange for the correct format, they had none in stock but I was advised they had one at another location I drive across town to find this second location didn't even have a new one, only the bootleg display one AND they can't do the exchange because the prices don't match! I returned it instead.

The 2nd game, the one I was trying to cancel, remained "In Transit" since November. An email request for assistance to Gamestop yielded ZERO assistance. I actually got more help from the USPS who were able to finally find the package and get it delivered yesterday.

I'm returning this one too. After all of this trauma-drama, I would rather pay full price somewhere else/not have the games at all than give these people one red cent of my money.

2016-09-21

They should stop running their business!

"I wish I could give them 1/2 a star. I pre-ordered game from them regardless of how many times my friends had warned me. I just wanted to give them a second chance. But they should have deserved anyone's second chance! The redeem code they gave me had already been used without me doing anything. And their customer service should be changed to customer disappointment/dissatisfaction, which is way more appropriate for what they should do and should not do. How can they still run their business like this??"

2016-07-21

Gamestop Customer Service is awful

"Ordered Xbox One two day shipping for my son's birthday. Never received; tracking number sent doesn't pull up anything. Interacted 5 times on phone with 'customer service'. Was promised replacement. Nothing. Called back, nothing. How does this company stay in business?"

2016-07-12

Incompetent Customer Service

"Synopsis: The support for online purchases is horrible. If anything is wrong with your purchase be ready for the worst customer service possible on Earth. Not only will it drag on for weeks, they do not ever answer the phone in a timely manner. This is probably for two reasons: 1. They are incompetent and understaffed possibly, 2. A ton of people need to complain about their online purchases. Be forewarned.

Sadly my report is similar to the ones already on here. I am currently, as I write this, on hold with their customer service, I am at 54 minutes now (with less than 4 minutes of human conversation).

I ordered a PS3 bundle on July 1, 2016. It was supposed to arrive on July 7. It never did, still hasn't, and today is July 12. I have no issue with a slow delivery system but when I tracked the package it said it was delivered and my order was closed. An immediate uh-oh went off, that sinking feeling in my gut was right - this has been a nightmare.

First contact with customer service led me to believe that a resolution would be found. It was a Sunday, July 10, so they could not contact UPS to find out about the location of my package. But the representative said that a replacement or a refund would be sent to me after they investigate the delivery with UPS. So, Monday comes and goes - no word from Gamestop.

(While I was typing this I finally was transferred to an escalation specialist and after telling her I was recording our conversation she hung up on me. I had been on hold for 58 minutes!!!!

Second contact was today, July 12. I spoke to one representative for and after about 50 minutes and three long holds she said that my package was delivered correctly to and was signed for by a guy name Phil. I assume he is the man that has stolen my PS3. After, she said that they would neither replace or refund my purchase. That I needed to take it up with UPS because they fulfilled their obligation. That upset me so I asked to speak to an escalation specialist. I assumed that we could contact UPS together so this problem could be solved. He offered no such help.

I then did contact UPS and they immediately identified a problem with my package. It was never delivered to my address. In fact Gamestop had said that it had been delivered to my house. WRONG. Now UPS is trying to find where my PS3 is.

I am not sure if the error was Gamestops or UPS, but I have found Gamestops customer service abysmal. It has been the most frustrating experience I have ever encountered, even worse than Comcast cable. If they had taken the time to contact UPS once in my 2hrs of calls they could have quickly identified the problem. Unfortunately they seem to be horribly incompetent, unbelievably slow, and have no regard for customer satisfaction. This is obviously some type of scam. How can any major business or company fall so short in dealing with online purchases. Since my order 11 days ago I have had 5 successful shipments from Amazon. You have to assume that Gamestop online is doing something wrong.

Share GameStop's store rating

GameStop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GameStop is not a merchant member
GameStop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!