Stores > GameStop

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.22/10 2.22/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"Lame customer service. Could not submit online feedback form due to a website error, and was on hold for 20 minutes to speak with a representative.
Purchased item for an additional $20 for prompt delivery. Was told would receive items by end of the week, and refunded the $20.
Apparently it had to be collected from a store, Sent to the warehouse and then sent to a different store and then finally to us, which takes some time.
if we don't receive it by tomorrow than to call back and they will process the refund. since we technically ordered on a weekend I guess they say two business days.
Understandable. What about this back and forth stuff? Is it still applicable? And then the line disconnects. Great.
Looking forward to waiting another 20 minutes tomorrow.

"Don't EVER pre-order from gamestop.com. We "pre-ordered" Call of Duty 3, which I expected to be here BEFORE or at least on the day it became generally available. But that's not the case, it's not arriving until November 5, a week after everyone else has it. This is probably an example of the worst online purchase experience I've ever seen. I will not allow my family to pre-order from gamestop again. BTW, I pre-ordered 2 movies from Amazon, and they came on or before the advertised availability date. Use Amazon, not gamestop."

"I purchased a Kinect With Dance Central Spotlight from Gamestop.com. The Dance Central game did not come as promised. I called their "customer service" line and, after being on hold for one hour and give minutes, I was told that the only way for me to get the game would be to return the entire Kinect unit for a replacement and then to call back and hold again to get everything working.

All they had to do was to give me a code and instead they sent me off on a wild goose chase. Caveat Emptor if you do business with these folks.

"I ordered a Pipboy edition of Fallout 4 on their online store because it was available for a short time. There was an issue with the order and their website wouldn't let me order another one or cancel it.
I waited 2 hours for some guy in another country to answer my call, in that time the game had sold out and he told me there was nothing he could do.
I'd give them even less than one star if I could.
Never ever doing business with them again.

"I ordered a used game online as I have done before with no issues. I spent 30 minutes trying to get it ordered. It kept telling me to log in repeatedly and kept adding 4 and 5 games to my cart. I finally get it ordered. Not only did it come 2 days late, The games was cracked in several places and doesnt play. I will never waste my time or money here in store or online."

"After reading extremely mixed reviews of peoples experiences with game stop after purchasing games etc, i was unsure whether to go with the cheap services of gamestop to buy fifa 16 for ps4 or to take less of a risk and pre order it off the likes of amazon or tesco etc. After some thinking i decided to go with gamestop and i pre ordered it for a very cheap price. The game came on the release date as promised with no problems or issues at all. An extremely easy experience that i would gladly go through again"

This review was modified by I_like_brocolli on October 02 2015 09:44:37 AM

"Avoid purchasing anything pre-order from gamestop at all costs.. If your CC is stolen your order will be cancelled without warning. and with pre-orders that have been sold out they will NOT rectify the issue. "IT'S POLICY" because of the way the CC was declined. This just happened with the new destiny collectors edition with me. As for me I will no longer be doing business with any gamestop/ebgames web site or store again. This is extremely poor service and only shows the leading goal get your money not work to give good service."

This review was modified by pissed_0ff_cust0mer on September 09 2015 06:54:04 PM

"Dear GameStop,
I ordered online, but seeing how I can't leave feedback online, I have to do it this way. Maybe you'll listen, maybe you won't. But I'll at least be able to tell someone how I feel about your horrid customer service and refurbished products in English and they'll be able to understand me.
So here goes the story for the 4th time...
I bought a refurbished iPod online. There's my first mistake.
I bought it from you, GameStop, a company that I had heard has some issues, but I thought I'd give it a try. There's my second mistake.
I bought the iPod on April 19 and it is now July 5. I took the iPod with me to Hungary when I traveled there in May and it had no issues other than not being able to keep a charge for more than 2 hours, which was something I could live with.
However, today, July 5th, I went to use the iPod and it would not turn on. It had previously been sitting on my coffee table for the last 5 weeks since I returned from Hungary and I have not touched it or used it since. While I was traveling, it was in a padded case in my laptop bag, which is also padded, so it received no jolting or damage of any kind.
Here's where you come into the picture! Are you ready for your lead role?
I called customer service and waited. No big deal, I figured it's busy, I can wait. Meanwhile, I was googling solutions for my iPod issue because, guess what, I'm not as stupid as the average technologically inept human being and wasn't going to sit through the whole 'Did you turn it on and off' interrogation. Bad news for me - the iPod is toast and will not be fixable. Good news for you - you are in a role to amend the situation and either give me a refund OR provide me with the same product, free of charge. I waited some more and then finally got to talk to a human being. However, I couldn't understand a single thing they said. I figure America is a land of multiple tongues, nationalities, etc. Essentially a lovely melting pot, right? That's the case anyway, until you call into a customer service representative and then none of them can speak English very well AND you can't understand them. I suspect this is a trick of GameStop to prevent them from having to actually fix their mistakes like a reputable company.
So here's the gist - because it's outside the 30 day mark for GameStop to do anything, you won't. This is what I expected.
However, what I didn't expect is for a piece of technology to fail after owning it for less than 60 days. This, again, is where you, GameStop, come in.
This is what I want: for you to fix this problem. I don't want an apology. SORRY DOESN'T FIX YOUR BAD REFURBISHING SKILLS. Do NOT apologize to me. I don't want to file a complaint that will go into the dusty corners of the file cabinet and be shredded after the mandatory how-ever-long-it-has-to-be-filed. I want this fixed. Immediately. There's no reason why this piece of technology should have failed so quickly, especially after the extremely light use I put it through. So this speaks measures about your abilities as a company to refurbish material. So either fix this the proper way - and maintain whatever shred of dignity you have left as a company - or, I'll add my complaint to the countless others of disgusted customers. Will this take you down? No. But hopefully someone who is wiser than I sees this and thinks twice or maybe three times about buying a piece of crap technology from a piece of crap company who can't stand behind their own values.
The choice is yours.
I don't expect to hear back from you and I don't expect to receive any kind of refund or compensation for the trouble and frustration you've caused me. All I can hope is that you will consider what the right thing to do is, and do it. Gladly.
I would bid you good day but that would mean that I have any pleasant feelings toward this company at all. That's not the case. So, do your job, fix this problem and our paths will never cross again.
K. Frush

Note: This is a work in progress. If I receive a reply, I'll post what they said back and what I said back to them. Also, please read the above letter as scathingly and sarcastically as possible. I'm furious. If I could put NO stars, I would. But I can't, so they unfortunately get one.

This review was modified by kfrush on July 05 2015 03:30:32 PM

"My sons love this place. I love it because I can take all my boys to one store and they are all happy! "

"I love GameStop. They are a great store to deal with. Their staff are the most friendly staff ive EVER dealt with(in EVERY store). Ive shopped in a couple of different GameStop Stores and its strange because its really friendly and helpful in all the stores. My local store is Clarehall but I would use Donaghmede, Santry and Swords quite regularly too. Ibe shopped in the Finglas, Blanchardstown and city centre branches too. And each and every one of them is as friendly as the others. I definitely give it 100% for customer service but prices and Services are spot on too. I dont shop for myself there, I shop for my children and husband but it is definitely a favourite store. They spend the time explaining games, consoles Etc.and always tell me best value for money and give me money saving tips. Definitely a 5 Star shop!!!"

"I live in Michigan. Searching high and low for a refurbished PS3 60gb backwards compatible console. I had to drive 325 miles round trip to the State of Illinois to buy this console. The console seems to work perfectly fine. The Playstation logo is not on the cover (disappointing). For those of you who buy the PS3 backward compatible consoles, remember, that ONLY the 60gb has the actual hardware for playing PS1 & PS2 games, whereas the 20, 40, and 80gb consoles are software. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT update these consoles with Sony's new updates because it damages the consoles. Although I just purchased my console today, I am impressed with its performance. This purchased console "has not" had any new Sony updates. I do not play online, and I have no interest in any of Sony's online features. This console should last for several years leaving internet connectivity disabled.
Also, copy all Gamestop receipts, originals fade with age.

This review was modified by coldsteel41 on April 14 2015 01:15:19 AM

"Just don't do it. I ordered a gift cardfor a friends birthday
online. The first mistake was mine. Because my cellphone carrier and my friends cellphone mistranslated an underscore into a 0. But I have now asked for a replacement gift card, then on the 3rd call, a refund. Still nothing. I must say each time I called customer service they were very polite, but, I felt that they must have been using a keyboard that was not actually connected to their computer. Each time they acknowledged the account and the mistake and clearly stated that a solution would take place within a specified time. Nothing. For 5 calls, approximately 1 hour per call with the wait time. I am an avid gamer and will NEVER use Gamestop again for a purchase, you should not either.

This review was modified by Yebuff on March 24 2015 08:42:21 AM

"Horrible customer service. I purchased a Monster Hunter 3DS and was extremely disappointed when I opened the box to see that they put ZERO packing material in the box. My 3DS was bouncing around the inside of the box all the way across the US and Gamestops customer service wasn't helpful at all ( they can't send a replacement because they're sold out ) Very lazy to say the least, an eBay seller would have done a better job packing it. I will be buying from Amazon/Newegg from now on. "

This review was modified by X1241 on February 24 2015 06:13:29 AM

"Hi, I do not recommend to anybody anything to re-buy in this web, it's a real crap, I purchased a digital game with a gift card and was denied me but the worst is that by chat after waiting more than 20 minutes I have claimed and have given me a key to the game used, and they told me that they want nothing to me check with steam, moreover send me an email with the information and key buying used, and its web canceled my order, that if the balance on my gift card is gone. What I tell them is not enough, the operator call them thieves and swindlers has closed the window me without my consent and told me that I read the sales conditions of gamestop that's what you need to ma the look with steam, so that I lost $ 9.99 but do not want anyone to perish, but stay away from this product as far as possible and let them sink into misery and disappear because they are a empresucha not worth anything."

"Went to store with an issue. Told to wait on hold with corporate. Waited over 70 minutes, no answer. Went online to try and chat. Told I was number 173 in the queue. This is ridiculous customer service. Do not use if you think there may ever be an issue you need to resolve. "

Share GameStop's store rating

GameStop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GameStop is not a merchant member
GameStop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!