Stores > GameStop

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

2016-04-24

Exasperating experience

"Talk about horrible customer service! Our powerup reward card would not activate. I called customer service and the nightmare began. Nine phone calls (not including 3 disconnections) and one month later, the problem still hasn't been resolved. I went around in circles with these people with escalation teams and corporate teams trying to solve(?) this problem. Promises and guarantees were made several times about "getting back to me" and of course, nothing. Finally, on the eighth call, a gift card was promised. Again, nothing arrived. On the ninth call, another gift card was promised, which did come, but the original problem was never resolved. I have cancelled my membership and will never step into one of their stores again. Goodbye Gamestop forever and good riddance. "

This review was modified by ladybug2 on April 24 2016 12:52:22 PM

2016-04-10

Customer Service worse than EA

"I received several Gamestop giftcards and when I went online to purchase products, I selected to receive my purchases by download. The order went through and sent me an email stating that it would take up to 8 HOURS to "review" my order. Seriously? It's a download. Then, the next day, I receive an email telling me that my order has been cancelled and that I should check with my financial institution. I used gift cards! So, I called Customer Service (and I use the term lightly). They said my financial information didn't match. I told them that it shouldn't matter. I used gift cards! The service rep agreed with me. Then she said it could take 48 hours to deliver. I told her it was a download. So she then informed me that Customer Service couldn't place orders for downloadable content. I'd have to try ordering on a different device (like that should matter) and if that didn't work, then I'd just to have to make my purchases in-store. So much for ordering downloads from Gamestop. How ridiculous!! I'm done with Gamestop gift cards. My husband purchased over $250 for me and I can't even use them online unless I want something mailed to me. Next time, we'll just get our cards from Steam or Origin."

This review was modified by Galilyna on April 10 2016 09:47:05 AM

2016-02-24

My Gamestop Story

"I worked for Gamestop/EBGames for 24 years until I was fired by my new younger DM. My Winter Park Village, FL store was the most loved location in the area. My DM sent me to the worst store and fired me right after my father died. Gamestop holds the majority of the video game industry so your options are limited. A few locations are managed properly so take time to find one of those locations that actually provide excellent service. E"

This review was modified by Z1maestro on February 24 2016 11:29:28 AM

2016-02-18

Highly disappointed customer, your customer service is a joke!!!

"I bought a used game from Gamestop.ie (as not available brand new)- Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for my nephews 5 th birthday! Note that the used game cost me 34.99€ and new €39.97! The game arrived and I gave it to my very happy and excited nephew but when he put it in his Wii U console I received an error message " Error Code: 150-1031 The disc could not be read as it may be dirty" Looking closer at the cd, it was badly scratched!! So I call Gamestop to inform them of this and I spoke with a Guy from dublin called Steve who said ' you can return it at your own charge and we will issue you with a refund' ok great so you send me a faulty game and I have to pay to send it back?!! I questioned him as clearly stated on your website that Pre-owned products are 100% guaranteed to work. Ya right! Then he said it was sent from out depot and its possible the person didn't have the time to test it first!!! Seriously?! Don't you think its essential to test a product before, instead of lying to your customers and that its 100% guaranteed to work! You can't imagine his disappointment and mine. I then asked for a gesture for the inconvenience and steve said no because these things happen!! I can not accept that, wheres the customer service?! Bascially its tough sh**. Fed up of companies lying to their customers and on top of not even caring to fix your own error!! I hope someone more senior will review this and contact me with a reasonable offer otherwise I think I have time on my hands to give you some bad publicity online!!!"

2016-01-12

"Associate refused my trade in said it was to late to do a cash trade. Really!!!! then thats false advertising. I had to go to another gamestop to do my trade. CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS"

2015-12-21

"I received a few GameStop gift cards for Christmas and they both worked at first. I had already put the gift cards in on an online order so i removed them. I decided to wait and not make the purchase. I come back today to make the purchase and the cards wont work saying i have no balance. It also says $0 on the Gift card balance page. Transaction was not completed but the money on the gift cards is gone...come one GameStop"

2015-12-20

"I'm not surprised to see all these bad reviews for Gamestop after my experience. I purchased a game for $35 but the salesman pulled the wrong game. The one I ended up with was only worth $18. I didn't notice it until about a week later because I bought several games and hadn't gotten to playing that one yet. When I came back to get the correct game it wasn't available, but I was able to pick out another game. That game was worth $18 as well and I was told I would be refunded the difference, but I did not receive a refund on my credit card. I returned to the store only to be told the manager said I was out of luck. She refused to refund my money and I ended up paying $35 for a $18 game. The manager was dishonest and literally stole money from me. "

2015-12-13

""These guys are arrogant crooks -- my ten year old has been wanting to replace his Xbox 360 to play his old games. went to the tysons store as on line it said they had one. Wasted 20 mins there and they do not, but at least they tried to open the old one that had broken and that we thought of trading in so as to get a game out ( they couldn't do it but they tried). Tysons looked up who had one on their computer, called Vienna and Vienna had a used one for sale. Tysons asked if they had checked it, it had been checked but Vienna said would completely check it again. -- drive to Vienna, asked if they could try to get out the old game from old console - looked at me horrified and said they did not do repairs - they wouldn't even attempt it ( unlike policy at Tysons who had been super busy yet two assistants each tried and spent time on it. Vienna was empty - completely empty with three guys there. - Sold us the used xbox 360, said they had just checked it and it was completely fine -- got it home. My son so upset - we opened the tray to put game in --- tray won't close !! we're a family of 8 with several older kids in late teens - none could do it and all have had xboxs before and know what they're doing. The manager MUST have known he was selling us a dud. Now on their return policy we will not be able to get $ back only a store credit because it must be returned in working condition !! nightmare, so disappointing. Happens so often at Game Stop especially this one - no wonder its empty. Not going there again ! be warned stay away. Try Best Buy...."

2015-11-23

"Lame customer service. Could not submit online feedback form due to a website error, and was on hold for 20 minutes to speak with a representative.
Purchased item for an additional $20 for prompt delivery. Was told would receive items by end of the week, and refunded the $20.
Apparently it had to be collected from a store, Sent to the warehouse and then sent to a different store and then finally to us, which takes some time.
if we don't receive it by tomorrow than to call back and they will process the refund. since we technically ordered on a weekend I guess they say two business days.
Understandable. What about this back and forth stuff? Is it still applicable? And then the line disconnects. Great.
Looking forward to waiting another 20 minutes tomorrow.

2015-11-08

"Don't EVER pre-order from gamestop.com. We "pre-ordered" Call of Duty 3, which I expected to be here BEFORE or at least on the day it became generally available. But that's not the case, it's not arriving until November 5, a week after everyone else has it. This is probably an example of the worst online purchase experience I've ever seen. I will not allow my family to pre-order from gamestop again. BTW, I pre-ordered 2 movies from Amazon, and they came on or before the advertised availability date. Use Amazon, not gamestop."

2015-11-07

"I purchased a Kinect With Dance Central Spotlight from Gamestop.com. The Dance Central game did not come as promised. I called their "customer service" line and, after being on hold for one hour and give minutes, I was told that the only way for me to get the game would be to return the entire Kinect unit for a replacement and then to call back and hold again to get everything working.

All they had to do was to give me a code and instead they sent me off on a wild goose chase. Caveat Emptor if you do business with these folks.

2015-11-04

"I ordered a Pipboy edition of Fallout 4 on their online store because it was available for a short time. There was an issue with the order and their website wouldn't let me order another one or cancel it.
I waited 2 hours for some guy in another country to answer my call, in that time the game had sold out and he told me there was nothing he could do.
I'd give them even less than one star if I could.
Never ever doing business with them again.

2015-10-10

"I ordered a used game online as I have done before with no issues. I spent 30 minutes trying to get it ordered. It kept telling me to log in repeatedly and kept adding 4 and 5 games to my cart. I finally get it ordered. Not only did it come 2 days late, The games was cracked in several places and doesnt play. I will never waste my time or money here in store or online."

2015-10-02

"After reading extremely mixed reviews of peoples experiences with game stop after purchasing games etc, i was unsure whether to go with the cheap services of gamestop to buy fifa 16 for ps4 or to take less of a risk and pre order it off the likes of amazon or tesco etc. After some thinking i decided to go with gamestop and i pre ordered it for a very cheap price. The game came on the release date as promised with no problems or issues at all. An extremely easy experience that i would gladly go through again"

This review was modified by I_like_brocolli on October 02 2015 09:44:37 AM

2015-09-09

"Avoid purchasing anything pre-order from gamestop at all costs.. If your CC is stolen your order will be cancelled without warning. and with pre-orders that have been sold out they will NOT rectify the issue. "IT'S POLICY" because of the way the CC was declined. This just happened with the new destiny collectors edition with me. As for me I will no longer be doing business with any gamestop/ebgames web site or store again. This is extremely poor service and only shows the leading goal get your money not work to give good service."

This review was modified by pissed_0ff_cust0mer on September 09 2015 06:54:04 PM

Share GameStop's store rating

GameStop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GameStop is not a merchant member
GameStop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!