• GameStop

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"After reading extremely mixed reviews of peoples experiences with game stop after purchasing games etc, i was unsure whether to go with the cheap services of gamestop to buy fifa 16 for ps4 or to take less of a risk and pre order it off the likes of amazon or tesco etc. After some thinking i decided to go with gamestop and i pre ordered it for a very cheap price. The game came on the release date as promised with no problems or issues at all. An extremely easy experience that i would gladly go through again"

This review was modified by I_like_brocolli on October 02 2015 09:44:37 AM

"Avoid purchasing anything pre-order from gamestop at all costs.. If your CC is stolen your order will be cancelled without warning. and with pre-orders that have been sold out they will NOT rectify the issue. "IT'S POLICY" because of the way the CC was declined. This just happened with the new destiny collectors edition with me. As for me I will no longer be doing business with any gamestop/ebgames web site or store again. This is extremely poor service and only shows the leading goal get your money not work to give good service."

This review was modified by pissed_0ff_cust0mer on September 09 2015 06:54:04 PM

"Dear GameStop,
I ordered online, but seeing how I can't leave feedback online, I have to do it this way. Maybe you'll listen, maybe you won't. But I'll at least be able to tell someone how I feel about your horrid customer service and refurbished products in English and they'll be able to understand me.
So here goes the story for the 4th time...
I bought a refurbished iPod online. There's my first mistake.
I bought it from you, GameStop, a company that I had heard has some issues, but I thought I'd give it a try. There's my second mistake.
I bought the iPod on April 19 and it is now July 5. I took the iPod with me to Hungary when I traveled there in May and it had no issues other than not being able to keep a charge for more than 2 hours, which was something I could live with.
However, today, July 5th, I went to use the iPod and it would not turn on. It had previously been sitting on my coffee table for the last 5 weeks since I returned from Hungary and I have not touched it or used it since. While I was traveling, it was in a padded case in my laptop bag, which is also padded, so it received no jolting or damage of any kind.
Here's where you come into the picture! Are you ready for your lead role?
I called customer service and waited. No big deal, I figured it's busy, I can wait. Meanwhile, I was googling solutions for my iPod issue because, guess what, I'm not as stupid as the average technologically inept human being and wasn't going to sit through the whole 'Did you turn it on and off' interrogation. Bad news for me - the iPod is toast and will not be fixable. Good news for you - you are in a role to amend the situation and either give me a refund OR provide me with the same product, free of charge. I waited some more and then finally got to talk to a human being. However, I couldn't understand a single thing they said. I figure America is a land of multiple tongues, nationalities, etc. Essentially a lovely melting pot, right? That's the case anyway, until you call into a customer service representative and then none of them can speak English very well AND you can't understand them. I suspect this is a trick of GameStop to prevent them from having to actually fix their mistakes like a reputable company.
So here's the gist - because it's outside the 30 day mark for GameStop to do anything, you won't. This is what I expected.
However, what I didn't expect is for a piece of technology to fail after owning it for less than 60 days. This, again, is where you, GameStop, come in.
This is what I want: for you to fix this problem. I don't want an apology. SORRY DOESN'T FIX YOUR BAD REFURBISHING SKILLS. Do NOT apologize to me. I don't want to file a complaint that will go into the dusty corners of the file cabinet and be shredded after the mandatory how-ever-long-it-has-to-be-filed. I want this fixed. Immediately. There's no reason why this piece of technology should have failed so quickly, especially after the extremely light use I put it through. So this speaks measures about your abilities as a company to refurbish material. So either fix this the proper way - and maintain whatever shred of dignity you have left as a company - or, I'll add my complaint to the countless others of disgusted customers. Will this take you down? No. But hopefully someone who is wiser than I sees this and thinks twice or maybe three times about buying a piece of crap technology from a piece of crap company who can't stand behind their own values.
The choice is yours.
I don't expect to hear back from you and I don't expect to receive any kind of refund or compensation for the trouble and frustration you've caused me. All I can hope is that you will consider what the right thing to do is, and do it. Gladly.
I would bid you good day but that would mean that I have any pleasant feelings toward this company at all. That's not the case. So, do your job, fix this problem and our paths will never cross again.
K. Frush

Note: This is a work in progress. If I receive a reply, I'll post what they said back and what I said back to them. Also, please read the above letter as scathingly and sarcastically as possible. I'm furious. If I could put NO stars, I would. But I can't, so they unfortunately get one.

This review was modified by kfrush on July 05 2015 03:30:32 PM

"My sons love this place. I love it because I can take all my boys to one store and they are all happy! "

"I love GameStop. They are a great store to deal with. Their staff are the most friendly staff ive EVER dealt with(in EVERY store). Ive shopped in a couple of different GameStop Stores and its strange because its really friendly and helpful in all the stores. My local store is Clarehall but I would use Donaghmede, Santry and Swords quite regularly too. Ibe shopped in the Finglas, Blanchardstown and city centre branches too. And each and every one of them is as friendly as the others. I definitely give it 100% for customer service but prices and Services are spot on too. I dont shop for myself there, I shop for my children and husband but it is definitely a favourite store. They spend the time explaining games, consoles Etc.and always tell me best value for money and give me money saving tips. Definitely a 5 Star shop!!!"

"I live in Michigan. Searching high and low for a refurbished PS3 60gb backwards compatible console. I had to drive 325 miles round trip to the State of Illinois to buy this console. The console seems to work perfectly fine. The Playstation logo is not on the cover (disappointing). For those of you who buy the PS3 backward compatible consoles, remember, that ONLY the 60gb has the actual hardware for playing PS1 & PS2 games, whereas the 20, 40, and 80gb consoles are software. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT update these consoles with Sony's new updates because it damages the consoles. Although I just purchased my console today, I am impressed with its performance. This purchased console "has not" had any new Sony updates. I do not play online, and I have no interest in any of Sony's online features. This console should last for several years leaving internet connectivity disabled.
Also, copy all Gamestop receipts, originals fade with age.

This review was modified by coldsteel41 on April 14 2015 01:15:19 AM

"Just don't do it. I ordered a gift cardfor a friends birthday
online. The first mistake was mine. Because my cellphone carrier and my friends cellphone mistranslated an underscore into a 0. But I have now asked for a replacement gift card, then on the 3rd call, a refund. Still nothing. I must say each time I called customer service they were very polite, but, I felt that they must have been using a keyboard that was not actually connected to their computer. Each time they acknowledged the account and the mistake and clearly stated that a solution would take place within a specified time. Nothing. For 5 calls, approximately 1 hour per call with the wait time. I am an avid gamer and will NEVER use Gamestop again for a purchase, you should not either.

This review was modified by Yebuff on March 24 2015 08:42:21 AM

"Horrible customer service. I purchased a Monster Hunter 3DS and was extremely disappointed when I opened the box to see that they put ZERO packing material in the box. My 3DS was bouncing around the inside of the box all the way across the US and Gamestops customer service wasn't helpful at all ( they can't send a replacement because they're sold out ) Very lazy to say the least, an eBay seller would have done a better job packing it. I will be buying from Amazon/Newegg from now on. "

This review was modified by X1241 on February 24 2015 06:13:29 AM

"Hi, I do not recommend to anybody anything to re-buy in this web, it's a real crap, I purchased a digital game with a gift card and was denied me but the worst is that by chat after waiting more than 20 minutes I have claimed and have given me a key to the game used, and they told me that they want nothing to me check with steam, moreover send me an email with the information and key buying used, and its web canceled my order, that if the balance on my gift card is gone. What I tell them is not enough, the operator call them thieves and swindlers has closed the window me without my consent and told me that I read the sales conditions of gamestop that's what you need to ma the look with steam, so that I lost $ 9.99 but do not want anyone to perish, but stay away from this product as far as possible and let them sink into misery and disappear because they are a empresucha not worth anything."

"Went to store with an issue. Told to wait on hold with corporate. Waited over 70 minutes, no answer. Went online to try and chat. Told I was number 173 in the queue. This is ridiculous customer service. Do not use if you think there may ever be an issue you need to resolve. "

"online customer service is the worst....i swear they made me wait hours on the phone just tell me they cant help me.i just wanted to cancel a transaction.i'll never use gamestop website again..i dont ussually do this but lord this people are something else."

"Below is the following Customer Service chat I had when a package of mine was stolen. I was shocked at how much Customer Service at Gamestop has improved. Wanted to share it with people who buy online from them. So here it is the full conversation nothing changed.

Diego S.: Hello, my name is Diego, at GameStop Customer Care. How are you?
Kyle P: ############### Order Number 1ZX############### Tracking Number My package has not arrived all day and I'm quite frankly pissed. Even though it claims it is delivered I received no knock letter or anything to let me know they even stopped by. Claimed delivery was made around 7 am which is funny cause no package has ever come that early down my street.
Kyle P: and ive been waiting about an hour to talk to you good sir
Diego S.: I really apologize for this frustrating situation, I know that our wait time has to be improved, thanks for your kind patience.
Diego S.: Allow me just a moment to open your order.
Kyle P: its probably under my girlfriends name and address since it was a christmas present for myself
Diego S.: I think you are right, but just to make sure can you provide me her full name and billing address please?
Kyle P: Yeah no problem let me go get her real quick.
Diego S.: Take your time.
Kyle P: Devyn A***** S****** #### Tiara Ave *******, CA
Diego S.: I appreciate that Kyle. I see your point when the game should have been delivered but it still says that it's on the vehicle for delivery. Would you like a replacement or a refund at this point?
Kyle P: Replacement would be awesome as I really was looking forward to having the 3DS XL
Diego S.: No problem, I will be requesting it right now, just one moment please.
Kyle P: Thank you
Diego S.: Thanks for your patience Kyle, the replacement has been requested and it should be completed, the latest, in the next 5 business days. It was requested with overnight shipment too.
Kyle P: Thats awesome thanks a lot for your help I know this wasn't your fault so sorry for my frustration and do you know if they will knock at least this time or should I just have someone be on the eye out for the truck
Diego S.: Both points that you mention are wise, my recommendation is to contact UPS once that you receive a second tracking # for this package and request a Signature on the delivery.
Kyle P: Great idea, Alright then thank you again and when will I be getting the tracking # will it go to the email used to buy the product or the one I used here ?
Diego S.: Correct. To d************@gmail.com, you should receive it in the next 4 to 5 business days or less.
Kyle P: Thank you very much I am very happy with this help you've given me please let your manager know I was very impressed with the improvement of the Customer Service of Gamestop. You have a good night.
Diego S.: Thanks for your comments Kyle, I will definitely do so. Thanks also for your time, have a great holiday!
Kyle P: You too !

"This is by far the worst place to go for games/gaming stuff. They basically have a zero return policy. Even ordering a new Xbox One console, only for Microsoft to lower the price by $50. I haven't even received it yet, and they refuse to credit me the $50, and force me to spend money mailing it back to them in order to rebuy it and pay for shipping again back to me. Calling their local store is a joke, as the guy answering the phone has a rude attitude problem.

This is NOT how an honest company runs. The only reason I even did any business with them is due to some gift cards I had.

Everything they sell is way overpriced compared to anyone else.

This review was modified by TC17 on October 29 2014 10:50:14 AM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM GAMESTOP. I pre-ordered TWO GAMES for my grandsons in May, 2014. The games were available on OCTOBER 2, 2014 but the order was NEVER
PROCESSED. After calling this company SEVERAL TIMES, I was ASSURED that the order processed and sent IMMEDIATELY. It has been over to weeks since I called them and I still haven't received the games. The CEO J. Paul Raines must be too busy spending his money instead of doing his JOB! NOT ONE Person I SPOKE WITH AT THIS COMPANY HAS AN IQ OVER 50. GameStop doesn't deserve even one star.

This review was modified by spiritwon on October 26 2014 11:42:34 PM

"No games to buy on game's release date. Like the employee said: You should preordered it. Not enough games that I wanted to preorder..."

Share GameStop's store rating

GameStop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GameStop is not a merchant member
GameStop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!