• GameStop

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"My sons love this place. I love it because I can take all my boys to one store and they are all happy! "

"I love GameStop. They are a great store to deal with. Their staff are the most friendly staff ive EVER dealt with(in EVERY store). Ive shopped in a couple of different GameStop Stores and its strange because its really friendly and helpful in all the stores. My local store is Clarehall but I would use Donaghmede, Santry and Swords quite regularly too. Ibe shopped in the Finglas, Blanchardstown and city centre branches too. And each and every one of them is as friendly as the others. I definitely give it 100% for customer service but prices and Services are spot on too. I dont shop for myself there, I shop for my children and husband but it is definitely a favourite store. They spend the time explaining games, consoles Etc.and always tell me best value for money and give me money saving tips. Definitely a 5 Star shop!!!"

"I live in Michigan. Searching high and low for a refurbished PS3 60gb backwards compatible console. I had to drive 325 miles round trip to the State of Illinois to buy this console. The console seems to work perfectly fine. The Playstation logo is not on the cover (disappointing). For those of you who buy the PS3 backward compatible consoles, remember, that ONLY the 60gb has the actual hardware for playing PS1 & PS2 games, whereas the 20, 40, and 80gb consoles are software. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT update these consoles with Sony's new updates because it damages the consoles. Although I just purchased my console today, I am impressed with its performance. This purchased console "has not" had any new Sony updates. I do not play online, and I have no interest in any of Sony's online features. This console should last for several years leaving internet connectivity disabled.
Also, copy all Gamestop receipts, originals fade with age.

This review was modified by coldsteel41 on April 14 2015 01:15:19 AM

"Just don't do it. I ordered a gift cardfor a friends birthday
online. The first mistake was mine. Because my cellphone carrier and my friends cellphone mistranslated an underscore into a 0. But I have now asked for a replacement gift card, then on the 3rd call, a refund. Still nothing. I must say each time I called customer service they were very polite, but, I felt that they must have been using a keyboard that was not actually connected to their computer. Each time they acknowledged the account and the mistake and clearly stated that a solution would take place within a specified time. Nothing. For 5 calls, approximately 1 hour per call with the wait time. I am an avid gamer and will NEVER use Gamestop again for a purchase, you should not either.

This review was modified by Yebuff on March 24 2015 08:42:21 AM

"Horrible customer service. I purchased a Monster Hunter 3DS and was extremely disappointed when I opened the box to see that they put ZERO packing material in the box. My 3DS was bouncing around the inside of the box all the way across the US and Gamestops customer service wasn't helpful at all ( they can't send a replacement because they're sold out ) Very lazy to say the least, an eBay seller would have done a better job packing it. I will be buying from Amazon/Newegg from now on. "

This review was modified by X1241 on February 24 2015 06:13:29 AM

"Hi, I do not recommend to anybody anything to re-buy in this web, it's a real crap, I purchased a digital game with a gift card and was denied me but the worst is that by chat after waiting more than 20 minutes I have claimed and have given me a key to the game used, and they told me that they want nothing to me check with steam, moreover send me an email with the information and key buying used, and its web canceled my order, that if the balance on my gift card is gone. What I tell them is not enough, the operator call them thieves and swindlers has closed the window me without my consent and told me that I read the sales conditions of gamestop that's what you need to ma the look with steam, so that I lost $ 9.99 but do not want anyone to perish, but stay away from this product as far as possible and let them sink into misery and disappear because they are a empresucha not worth anything."

"Went to store with an issue. Told to wait on hold with corporate. Waited over 70 minutes, no answer. Went online to try and chat. Told I was number 173 in the queue. This is ridiculous customer service. Do not use if you think there may ever be an issue you need to resolve. "

"online customer service is the worst....i swear they made me wait hours on the phone just tell me they cant help me.i just wanted to cancel a transaction.i'll never use gamestop website again..i dont ussually do this but lord this people are something else."

"Below is the following Customer Service chat I had when a package of mine was stolen. I was shocked at how much Customer Service at Gamestop has improved. Wanted to share it with people who buy online from them. So here it is the full conversation nothing changed.

Diego S.: Hello, my name is Diego, at GameStop Customer Care. How are you?
Kyle P: ############### Order Number 1ZX############### Tracking Number My package has not arrived all day and I'm quite frankly pissed. Even though it claims it is delivered I received no knock letter or anything to let me know they even stopped by. Claimed delivery was made around 7 am which is funny cause no package has ever come that early down my street.
Kyle P: and ive been waiting about an hour to talk to you good sir
Diego S.: I really apologize for this frustrating situation, I know that our wait time has to be improved, thanks for your kind patience.
Diego S.: Allow me just a moment to open your order.
Kyle P: its probably under my girlfriends name and address since it was a christmas present for myself
Diego S.: I think you are right, but just to make sure can you provide me her full name and billing address please?
Kyle P: Yeah no problem let me go get her real quick.
Diego S.: Take your time.
Kyle P: Devyn A***** S****** #### Tiara Ave *******, CA
Diego S.: I appreciate that Kyle. I see your point when the game should have been delivered but it still says that it's on the vehicle for delivery. Would you like a replacement or a refund at this point?
Kyle P: Replacement would be awesome as I really was looking forward to having the 3DS XL
Diego S.: No problem, I will be requesting it right now, just one moment please.
Kyle P: Thank you
Diego S.: Thanks for your patience Kyle, the replacement has been requested and it should be completed, the latest, in the next 5 business days. It was requested with overnight shipment too.
Kyle P: Thats awesome thanks a lot for your help I know this wasn't your fault so sorry for my frustration and do you know if they will knock at least this time or should I just have someone be on the eye out for the truck
Diego S.: Both points that you mention are wise, my recommendation is to contact UPS once that you receive a second tracking # for this package and request a Signature on the delivery.
Kyle P: Great idea, Alright then thank you again and when will I be getting the tracking # will it go to the email used to buy the product or the one I used here ?
Diego S.: Correct. To d************@gmail.com, you should receive it in the next 4 to 5 business days or less.
Kyle P: Thank you very much I am very happy with this help you've given me please let your manager know I was very impressed with the improvement of the Customer Service of Gamestop. You have a good night.
Diego S.: Thanks for your comments Kyle, I will definitely do so. Thanks also for your time, have a great holiday!
Kyle P: You too !

"This is by far the worst place to go for games/gaming stuff. They basically have a zero return policy. Even ordering a new Xbox One console, only for Microsoft to lower the price by $50. I haven't even received it yet, and they refuse to credit me the $50, and force me to spend money mailing it back to them in order to rebuy it and pay for shipping again back to me. Calling their local store is a joke, as the guy answering the phone has a rude attitude problem.

This is NOT how an honest company runs. The only reason I even did any business with them is due to some gift cards I had.

Everything they sell is way overpriced compared to anyone else.

This review was modified by TC17 on October 29 2014 10:50:14 AM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM GAMESTOP. I pre-ordered TWO GAMES for my grandsons in May, 2014. The games were available on OCTOBER 2, 2014 but the order was NEVER
PROCESSED. After calling this company SEVERAL TIMES, I was ASSURED that the order processed and sent IMMEDIATELY. It has been over to weeks since I called them and I still haven't received the games. The CEO J. Paul Raines must be too busy spending his money instead of doing his JOB! NOT ONE Person I SPOKE WITH AT THIS COMPANY HAS AN IQ OVER 50. GameStop doesn't deserve even one star.
I ORDERD THE GAMES ON AMAZON FOR LESS MONEY AND NO SHIPPING FEE.

This review was modified by spiritwon on October 26 2014 11:42:34 PM

GameStop User

"No games to buy on game's release date. Like the employee said: You should preordered it. Not enough games that I wanted to preorder..."

GameStop User

"Prices are out of this world, Customer service is damn near non-existent and preorders that amount to over $110 occasionally get cancelled on release date. Horrible store for purchasing games."

GameStop User

"Lost my trust in them. I'll never do business with them again after calling customer service on a year-and-a-half long wait for a game. All they offered is excuses even after I pointed out that their written policies did not back up what Carlos (#15735) was telling me. "

"I just want to write about the stupid people posting here. About steam, and about game values. The game is sold by its value not at what its retail was when you bought it. If you go to sell a car you bought 10 years ago do you expect to get 21,000 dollars for it? Its the same thing with games."

Share GameStop's store rating

GameStop is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GameStop is not a merchant member
GameStop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!