Stores > Galls, Inc.

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Galls, Inc. by clicking a star below.
2017-01-28

garbage

"Look if I could give any less than 0 stars I would put a negative 5 "

2017-01-13

Horrible Customer Service - Called to harass me about "fraud concerns"

"I ordered a Pelican Elite Cooler ($303) from their website. I received this e-mail from their support:
"In order to rule out the possibility of fraud, we will need a copy of your driver’s license to verify you reside at the BILLING address. It can be e-mailed to credit@galls.com. Unfortunately if we have not heard from you before 01/16/2016 your order will be cancelled."

I responded with a question as to why, since both the billing and shipping addresses were the same (differing addresses can be an indicator of fraud).

I received a call from the representative minutes later explaining that this item is popular with fraudsters. She lacked concern or compassion for the situation. She insinuated I was criminal because she "looked up my address" and didn't find a record of my name.

I've lived at my current address for about 8-9 months and I was able to verify my address using two services, one being Spokeo.

I sent a copy of my Amex statement minutes after the phone call but didn't get a response until a day later.

I canceled my order. I'd rather support companies who don't harass their customers and provide better support.

Do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere.
qmuniforms.com appears to be clone of Galls.

2016-12-30

Very, VERY poor experience.

"I ordered about $400 worth of equipment from Galls and paid $44 extra for 3 day shipping. Their website said items usually ship same day, their order confirmation gave me an estimated ship date of the 28th. On the 30th I emailed them because my order was still listed as "in-process" with an estimated ship date 2 days in the past.
Their customer service representative told me that a hold had been placed on my order without my knowledge, when the hold was released they changed my shipping option without my permission, and there was nothing they could do to change it despite it having not even been shipped yet. Furthermore, they had no idea when my order would arrive and still haven't told me why there was a hold in the first place, though I suspect it is because their billing page auto-filled the wrong city for my zip code. All they offered was a refund on the 3 day shipping and free shipping on my NEXT order, which will never happen.
If they had made any attempt to correct their failures I would have written it off as water under the bridge but their response was essentially, "better luck next time".
Would give 0 stars if I could.

2016-12-15

I would like to buy something

"I have been receiving ads in my e-mail from Galls like crazy lately. I decided to buy some things and tried to go to their website yesterday and found it is down. tried again today and it's still down. Guess I will drive the 50 miles to the uniform store instead of ordering from Galls. When I need to get uniforms, I don't have the time to wait on you to get your act together. Another sales opportunity missed. By the way, I am buying an outer vest carrier, 3 Uniform pants, 2 Long Sleeves and a Short sleeve shirt. That's about a $500.00 order but hey, you didn't need it right? You can pass up on these opportunities all the time and still survive as a business. "

2016-11-27

Got 4 pants, ordered on Monday, arrived Friday, good experience!

"Got 4 pants, ordered on Monday, arrived Friday, good experience! Fair price too, $38 for a pair of Tru-Spec 24/7 Lightweight Tactical 65/35 Rip-Stop Teflon Coated Pants! I got 4 different colors, all exactly as described, in great condition.

Everything went smoothly and I didn't have to deal with them like some have. I wan't to crazy about not being able to view my orders on their website. The only proof I had of the order transaction was the email they sent me, so verify that they have your correct email address. And take a screenshot of the order confirmation page. As a buyer, as a consumer you have to protect yourself as best you can.

Oh and they use UPS Surepost which means UPS picks it up and hands it off to USPS so tracking the package becomes impossible, like literally, they provide you with a "tracking number," but you can not track it at all, as in the number isn't valid. I bank with WellsFargo (I was with Wachovia before that) and they always get me my money if I have a problem with a merchant. So think about who you bank with as well.

2016-03-17

Satisfied

"The customer service at the store is great. If the store staff can't make you happy then you probably can't be happy. They are friendly, knowledgeable and professional. "

2016-03-08

So much for items on sale....

"I placed a order on 02/09/2016 got my confirmation and a notice saying they would not ship out until 03/01/2016. So today 03/08/2016 I call to find out the status.... Were sorry sir your card was declined... I ask when did that happen because the charge posted as soon as I placed the order... And have not been notified by my bank that they declined a charge... Response was 02/11/2016 and we emailed you a notice.. NO NOTICE was emailed to me so I have been sitting here for over a month waiting on items that will never arrive.. Representative tells me I can replace the order but it will not ship until the end of March... Really? And by the way you'll have to pay the full price of the items not what you initially paid for them when they were on sale... Totally disgusted... Will never recommend Galls to anyone again.... And plan on going to every place I can place a review.. After a phone call to my bank the following information was given to me. The funds were available for galls to take out on 02/09/2016 and were not taken up until 02/13/2016 at which the funds were released back to my account because they were not requested by galls. "

2016-01-08

"Provided payment (my own gold Amex), provided the billing address, provided the shipping address. Galls refused to honor my order because the shipping address is a "freight forwarder." Not only is it totally not Galls' business who receives the merchandise - why on earth should it matter if the credit card is legitimate?!? - but apparently the company routinely snoops around and investigates customers' residences. They did offer to ship to an international address, but at the cost of $55 (the whole order was $80!). They must think I fell off a turnip truck. Such price gouging is unconscionable and unethical. I hope they go the way of U.S. Cavalry, which used to be an awesome store until their customer service went down the can.

P.S. Don't bother emailing them; their response to every message is "Call customer service." Why do they provide email contacts if they do not use it to solve even simple issues?!?

2015-11-07

Too busy trying to expand their business rather than provide quality service!

"Galls needs better management because it is failing in every aspect of customer service! Speaking of customer service, they are terrible too. When I asked to get a number or a name and office address for someone in their executive staff, the customer service person just laughed it off and gave me the generic number for customer service. As a police executive, I find it concerning that we have been doing business with this company. They are attempting to buy out uniform businesses as well. We will be going to a different vendor and we will not be using a uniform vendor that is affiliated with Galls. Individual officers, as well, as departments should support police supply stores that are within your state and definitely not any that are affiliated with Galls. Our department will be taking our business to local vendors because Galls is so unorganized in their venture to buy uniform businesses that their customer service is the pits. We attempted to order a number of badges and name plates from Galls and there were mistakes because their ordering system forces you to call in and relay all of the information to the person over the phone for each badge and name plate. Why have departments type in all of the information just to have your people screw up the order as they try to ask questions and type everything in themselves Galls? I do not blame the poor people on the phone, I blame the poor system that Galls is using. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR!

NOTE: Does anyone else find it interesting how Galls has their people putting 5 star ratings with one line responses on this site? It is pretty evident which reviews are from customers and which ones are from Galls personnel. Here is a clue, most of the 5 star ratings are from members of Galls marketing staff! At least make a better effort when you are spamming a site with positive reviews Galls.

2015-01-30

"I ordered 2 items, the first was shipped quickly with no issues.
The second item was an Elbeco outer vest carrier with estimated delivery of 2-4 weeks. After 9 weeks I did not receive the item so I emailed help-desk@galls.com The auto reply said they'd get back to me within 48 hours. On day 5 I emailed again checking the status of my order. They then said it was on back order from the vendor and would be delivered around 3/28/15 but no guarantees. So I canceled the order.
Very frustrating that I wasn't notified of the backorder sooner and equally frustrating that they didn't reply to my request in the timeframe they said. Now I placed another order with a different company and have to start the waiting period all over again.
Better customer service would have been nice especially for a large company like this. I will not shop at Galls again unless they are the only place that has the item I want.

2014-08-07

"I'm a police officer in KY and our agency has an account with Galls and it is a nightmare doing business with Galls. The website is always malfunctioning and we cannot place orders. Customer service is non-existent and getting to talk to your acct. rep. is fruitless as you always go to voice mail. Save yourself a headache and frustration go with any other company besides Galls for your needs. Very unorganized and poor customer service. "

2014-05-23

"I had to track down a drop shipped item from the manufacturer myself. Ordered a helmet that would hopefully fit better than what I had - I had to call to get some kind of update on the 11th day. Finally had enough and called United Shield myself. At first THEY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT MY ORDER. Now I dont know if this was a simple mistake on their end but finally it was squared away and I had the helmet overnighted ON MY DIME when I had paid for two day from Galls. Here we are 11-12 days after order and I didn't have a choice. "

2014-01-06

"I ordered a "restricted" item and as per their policy sent in a copy of my Police ID. I am a commissioned Police Officer in one state, but live in another state. They would not send the item unless, I sent them a Police ID from the state that I lived in. Tonya said it was policy, but that sounds like bull. I will pass the word to my Brothers in Blue."

2013-05-20

"BAIT AND SWITCH -- may not be a big deal to most, but they hit me with the old 'bait and switch" tactic. They sent me an advertisement email with a special promotion that if I bought $100 worth of merchandise then they would send me this cool free gift consisting of 2 nice knives, a 2 bladed one and a larger single bladed one. When I received the order they had replaced the 2 knives I was expecting with a smaller single bladed knife with a firestarter. I emailed them for an explanation and they ignored me. I emailed them a second time and they replied essentially saying "too bad, so sad". With customer service and an attitude like that I very much doubt I'll be using them again."

2013-04-02

"Gloves are great, I bring them to work all the time when I am bouncing. The gloves have improved, they no longer rip around the wrists, like the first pair that I bought years ago. The gloves are great to use when its cold, picking up glasses in the club, and any kind of bloody or rough situations."

Share Galls, Inc.'s store rating

Galls, Inc. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Galls, Inc. is not a merchant member
Galls, Inc. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!