Gainesville Coins Reviews - gainesvillecoins.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.00/10 5 reviews

Gainesville Coins is not a merchant member
Gainesville Coins does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Very pleased with Gainesville coins. My order arrived 3 days ahead of schedule and the packaging was very secure. Best prices on the web

modified review This review was modified by sarahwilliams7 on December 23 2013 10:59:21 AM

"just made my first purchase with gainesville coins and couldn't be more pleased. Coins looked great and the packaged arrived 2 days ahead of schedule. Will be using these guys again for my next purchase"

modified review This review was modified by Jack1955 on July 29 2013 06:59:54 AM

"BUYER BEWARE - if you don't have a fax machine, do not place a credit card order. Gainesville Coins will be asking you to fax them your photo ID, credit card and utility bill, or pay them by bankwire in full (even though you've already paid in full with credit card). If you cannot comply, they will cancel your order and slap you with a lawyer's letter, asking you to pay market loss fee, cancellation fee and restocking fee. That's what happened to me. I regret that I believe in their BBB ratings."

modified review This review was modified by littlerain on May 13 2013 03:19:25 PM

"I'm not wanting to flame a company, but inform consumers about a major FACT. Gainesville Coins isn't really a new company. Please google "National Gold Exchange, Tampa" - the Yaffe's went bankrupt in a questionable way, hosing lenders to the tune of some 35-50 Million dollars. One of the brothers Mark Yaffe built a 28,893-square-foot mansion for $25 Million and during this time and claimed he didn't know where all the coins were. He used the proceeds to build the mansion and crowned the misdeed by cooking National Gold Exchange's books to conceal the exchange, Sovereign Bank said. Turns out these exact same guys own Gainesville Coins and when the bankruptcy went down they were already running it out of the same location and the court had trouble with what gold/silver belonged to what entity. Today, the store is literally 1 block away from the gate to their home community where he still has his "fraud" Mansion. It's amazing how this type of business exists today when all this information is available online but few have read about it. Tulving is another company that has filed bankruptcy 2+ times and was even charged with fraud by the FTC. Gainesville & Tulving are some of the dogs of precious metal world - and again, it's all available online for people to research."

"BE AWARE...unless you have lots of patience, you'd be better off shopping other places. placed my order on 11/13 and as of 11/26 they haven't shipped my order yet. I checked the status on the order, it just said 'processed' est ship date 11/23.
I don't mind if it take a week or so to received, after after a week, my order haven't shipped out yet. I should have followed other's warning about this doing biz with Gaineville Coins. this will be my last transaction with them. other websites have better and A LOT quicker service.