Stores > GPS City

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

2016-11-15

Unethical Company

"I purchased a refurbished Garmin 2689LMT from this company on 11/3/2016 in the amount of $139.95 using a credit card linked to my Paypal account and I received the unit on 11/7/2016. I already own a Garmin 2598LMT and am quite familiar with the Garmin UI, so I updated the maps on the 2689 unit as soon as I received it. After turning the unit on and using the Voice Command function, I noticed there was a clicking sound from the speaker. I contacted GPS City and spoke with William F. and he issued an RMA number to return the unit. He asked that I pay for return shipping, which cost me $6.80, and explained that, once the defect was confirmed, they would credit me the shipping costs via refund to my Paypal account.

I returned the unit on 11/8/2016 and it was received by GPS City on 11/10/2016. The unit was confirmed defective on 11/10/2016. I called GPS City on 11/14/2016 to inquire when a replacement unit would be shipped and was told the unit was on backorder and would remain so for at least two weeks. I requested a refund for the unit and for my shipping costs and was told by William F. that the shipping costs would not be refunded. I insisted since the unit sent was defective and they were essentially asking me to wait at least 4 weeks after paying for the unit to receive a replacement.

I ended up filing a dispute through my credit card and GPS City issued a refund for $131.95 and not the price paid, which was $139.95. I am now awaiting the credit dispute process to commence and am awaiting the results.

On the GPS City website, the return policy states a full refund will be issued for items returned in the same condition and that shipping costs up to $9.95 will be refunded if it is their fault.

Do not waste your time with this unethical business. A reputable business would refund the full price AND return shipping costs (most companies would provide a pre-paid return shipping label), given the unit sent to the customer was defective. Lesson learned.

This review was modified by mamluk73 on November 15 2016 05:17:20 PM

2016-10-20

Very dodgy business practices

"I bought a Garmin 595LM from GPSCITY and didn't like it for a number of reasons, a week after I received it I received an email from GPScity asking me to do a review on the 595, I put a lot of time and effort into writing the review but it was never posted by them because it wasn't a glowing review so it obviously wouldn't help their sales of the 595.
If you are going to have reviews on your website you have to post the good AND the bad otherwise you are cheating your customers.

This review was modified by Galavanta on October 20 2016 07:32:55 PM

2016-09-07

Bad Customer Service

"Had ordered a Garmin Vivofit from GPS City. Received the item and it was defective. Called up GPSCITY to return it. I had to pay to ship it back to them. GPSCITY calls me back to say that they have received the item and it works fine after 3 days of receiving it. Then they ask me to pay again for shipping or take a refund after deducting 15%. They were very rude about it. So think again before you do business with them."

2016-02-08

Great Product and Price delivered as promised

"I dealt with GPS City in Calgary which seems to be related to GPS City in the US but uses a different web address GPSCity.ca. They have a store front in Calgary although I have not visited. The website offers helpful videos and product support such as manuals and guides to download. Nice feature.

The website was easy to use and offered a great price on a Newly Overhauled Garmin GPS watch. I ordered the watch which was out of stock but expected in in 2 days. Sure enough 2 days later the watch was shipped and arrived promptly. The product was packaged well and was perfect in appearance.

I didn't have any dealings with GPS City staff directly.

Great price and product and delivered as promised.

2015-10-16

"I placed an order for a recertified Garmin Forerunner 620 sports watch package with the Las Vegas store at 5 pm EST (2 pm Las Vegas time) on Friday, October 9, 2015, after the sales representative cleared up a few questions I had about the accompanying heart rate monitor. GPS City's price for the refurbished device was less than half the retail price for the same watch new and came with the same factory warranty from Garmin, so it was a fantastic deal. Despite reading some of the negative reviews here on ResellerRatings.com, I placed the order with confidence. I was told that the watch would ship that day and within an hour, I received tracking information with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday, October 14th.

Upon checking on the order via USPS tracking on Saturday morning, I was able to verify that the order was already on its way. Shipping was so quick that by Monday morning, my delivery date had been moved up a day to Tuesday, October 13th. The watch and heart rate monitor were delivered in perfect working order at 10:03 am on Tuesday. Mind you, shipping occurred over the Columbus day weekend, which is a federal holiday, and still only took three and a half days from Las Vegas to Florida - from the time my order was placed. I couldn't have asked for an easier transaction.

No wonder GPS City is a top rated seller on eBay. The prices, customer service and shipping are hard to beat. I'm very satisfied with my experience. We will definitely place our next sports watch order with GPS City without hesitation, as long as it is in stock at the time we're looking to buy.

2015-08-12

"Very disappointed with my experience at GPS City. I ordered a full navigational system in April 2015 for my boat. I trusted them and email transferred $5900. for this equipment. When the articles arrived the $200. Lake VU Micro SD with SD Adaptor was missing.I immediately called Willy at GPS City , he told me to take pictures of the packaging that was sent and they would check it out. Months later after many conversations with the company I was told "sorry". Their records show that it was shipped. There was nothing else to be done . So I lost out on $200. Please do not trust this company and tell your friends to be very wary when ordering ."

This review was modified by carmiekraft on August 12 2015 05:09:17 AM

2015-04-13

" Very Disappointed.
Ordered three pieces and when they arrived they were ALL missing the one part pictured in the contents description which was the reason I bought them.
Called and jumped through their NUMEROUS hoops and red tape and returned all three.
They first accused me of only returning two of the items and refunded the amount for two MINUS the free original shipping charge, which they state WILL be refunded if the mistake was theirs.
I informed them the return shipping receipt which I still had confirmed (by the weight of the package) that ALL three had been returned.
They then refunded me the amount for the third one but would NOT return the original shipping charges they had charged me even though they say that if the mistake was theirs they will even include both it and the shipping charges I incurred to return the item to them.
Total loss to me was just about eight dollars for freight both ways and nothing but about a two month long headache.
Seriously? TWO MONTHS far a simple part return?
Over all was well worth it though as I am positive they will NEVER get another cent from me or anyone I know who is/was thinking about buying form them.
Use caution if you deal with this company.

This review was modified by dvgonz on April 13 2015 11:32:20 AM

2015-03-31

"Terrible service. They shipped product. It never arrived. Won't credit me for product or ship replacement. Terrible customer service."

This review was modified by AnthonyPoselenzny on March 31 2015 08:58:29 AM

2015-02-10

"Horrible experience, I ordered something two weeks ago to find out it wasn't in stock anymore and waited for it to be back in-stock, I later on found all the pieces to the kit i had ordered were in-stock, tried to change my order and get quicker shipping, they would not honor it so i cancelled my order. Highly not recommended, I will take my money elsewhere to someone who cares."

This review was modified by lokithesun on February 10 2015 05:36:08 PM

2015-01-12

"Not happy. Chatted with GPS Friday to make sure all in stock really was in stock. Confirmed all good to go. Ordered but never got a tracking number. Chatted again Monday morning to get the tracking number. They confirmed - shipped Friday and soon tracking number will be emailed.

No email came.

Chatted again - this time with another rep. not shipped at all.

No express or faster shipping offered due to the mistake.

Cancelled the order and will go elsewhere in the future.

I can understand that there is mistakes in listings but never to be lied to - twice.

Update:
Instead of ordered cancelled came a email "Your ordered shipped". Had to call to get them to send a cancellation email. They did. Promised to credit my Credit Card - have not seen that yet.

At least three hours totally waisted with this company just to learn that what you are promised when chatting does not reflect the companies policy. Even if it ays "in stock" and "ships today" it is not in stock and no one bothers to tell you - you have to actively chat/call/email. Wrote three emails asking what my status was since their homepage says "picking" for three days. No on bothered to answer the emails either.

Saw that they are running business in Canada as well and also that they are D rated on BBB.

I will stay away in the future and will go with companies who at least not are lying to me - twice.

This review was modified by FulltimeRVerM on January 16 2015 07:34:23 AM

2014-10-22

"After making a 2nd purchase from GPS City, I had to write this review because of their SUPERIOR service, great prices, and fast shipping. I previously bought a Ram X-Grip and associated mounting hardware from them. They gave me accurate advice to make sure I was getting what I needed... Ram makes many mounts and tons of accessories and I wanted to be certain I got the right items for my tablet and mounting configuration. I got exactly the right parts and both times shipping was super fast. Not only are GPS City prices very competitive and even lower than most other sources, but their shipping costs are the lowest I saw. Their follow-up with order confirmations and shipping notifications with tracking numbers can't be beat. GPS City is now my #1 choice for all my GPS related needs. "

This review was modified by MarkPilot on October 22 2014 03:38:00 PM

2014-03-03

"I needed a GPS receiver only (no display) for a ham radio project on my GoldWing. Since I had made several purchases from them in the past I called GPS City and the sales person knew exactly what unit I should use, a Garmin GP-18 which they had in stock at a very good price. Since I was doing winter maintenance on the motorcycle I asked about updating the maps on the GoldWing Navi system. Again the sales rep knew exactly what I needed. The GW Navi update card is a special order item from Garmin and would take a few days to ship. No problem, I figured a week or two. I was surprised to receive notification just three days later that the update card had come in and was on the way to me.

About a year ago I purchased a Zumo 665 for the GoldWing. When it arrived I discovered the mount was defective. I contacted GPS City customer service and they asked that I send photos showing the defect which I did. They had a replacement mount on the way to me the next day at no charge for the mount or shipping. Customer care doesn’t get any better than that.

Over the last several years I have purchased many items from GPS City, mainly GPS units, GPS accessories and RAM mount products. They keep an incredible stock on hand and have the most competitive prices I've found. When ever I've called with a question the person I speak with is very polite and knowledgeable. Every time I've ordered my products have shipped the same day or the next unless it's a special order item like I described above. I'm very satisfied with GPS City and do not hesitate to call them first for any GPS or RAM products I need.

This review was modified by F4Flyr on March 04 2014 08:28:17 AM

2013-05-29

"I placed an order for a Garmin GPS with GPS City Canada on Sunday, May 26 and it shipped out the next day with full communication (tracking # etc.) I requested just the standard shipping and the estimated delivery date was June 3rd. The unit arrived today, May 29 way ahead of schedule. Great job... I am very pleased with my second purchase from GPS CITY Canada. "

2012-06-19

A few weeks ago I purchased a Garmin nuvi 2595LMT from GPS City Canada and was very impressed with the quality and speed of the service they provided.

A few days later, I again contacted them to see if they could help me find the Garmin web site that would enable me to request a dashboard disk at no charge as mentioned in the documentation that came with the 2595LMT. Not only did they promptly give me the address of the site, but, after realizing that the site was not operational for Canadian residents, they took it upon themself to send me the said disk at no cost to me. To tell you that I was impressed would be an understatement.

GPS City Canada service in this case was way beyond what I expected. I tell you, I looked up the definition of the word "service" in the dictionary and GPS City Canada's name was there.

André L. Guindon

2012-06-13

"Ordered a GPS unit from GPS CITY. Item arrived in super quick time to Melbourne Australia. An questions I had were answered very quickly, usually by return email dependent on time. Pricing was very competetive compared to the ripoff suppliers here in Australia. Their web site has lots of info. I highly reccommend them to all purchasers. I have no hesitation in using them again in future."

Share GPS City's store rating

GPS City is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GPS City is not a merchant member
GPS City does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!