• Rating 1.82/10 11 reviews

GNC / General Nutrition Centers is not a merchant member
    GNC / General Nutrition Centers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • GNC / General Nutrition Centers contact information

"What a complete and utter miserable experience. Bought their Gold Card (MISTAKE)on 7/23 A.M. with "two day shipping"! Estimated arrival (as of 7/27) is 7/29! They could not issue me a temporary number in the meantime!"

"Does not honor orders placed on is-stock items. Cancelled several orders claiming out of stock but the website now says in-stock but at a higher price. "

"Regularly posts deals and then cancels them. Just doing it to drive traffic to websote"

"Very pathetic. GNC cannot honor their site prices. The product ordered was in stock and I received confirmation for it mentioning the same. However, I received a cancellation mail later that day saying it is out of stock. Its a LIE. This is the 3rd time a simillar incident is happening. Hence I wanted to alert my follow consumers."

"Prices are absolutely absurd. Even with a gold card !!

"I ordered 3 boxes of GNC Mega Men 50 plus vitamins online with a discount code of FSPLUS10. It should have been free shipping plus 10% off. The GNC site only gave me a partial amount off shipping and ignored the 10% off. I have a tax exemption status. So I thought, simple enough I'll call into customer service to straighten this out.

First of all, they would not honor my tax exempt card because I was buying these vitamins as a gift for my boyfriend in his name. He lives in the same house with me. According to state law, he is also tax exempt or there's a $500 fine for not accepting my tax exemption status.

Customer service still refused to accept the order as tax exempt and demanded that I cancel this order and re-order in my own name. I had to re-supply my credit card number over the phone twice. The promo code would not work over the phone. Then a day later I received the $2 tax credit. I spoke to several people and got different answers.

A new order was placed, order number 7931074757. Once again a faxed in copies of my tax exemption card (this was the 4th time). The original order went through Paypal. It still shows as pending and GNC refused to contact Paypal. I can't dispute pending status on Paypal.

GNC still owes me a total of $6.61. I doubt I'll receive the refund. Latest news on this last order, UPS claims delivery and I have not received it. GNC claims it went to the local post office who claim they don't have the order yet either. Now what? Shall I report GNC to the Tax Commission for not accepting my tax exemption status to begin with then see what their opinion is???

"Ordered 4 3-lb containers of GNC Oats & Whey at buy one get one 50% off. They cancelled my order after stating that it was unavailable. I wasn't the only one who received this email. No explanation, no effort to make good on the order, nothing but a generic computer generated email that they had cancelled. Very frustrating. I won't order from them again."

"Horrible. Delayed (but understandable due to snow storms in the East Coast), then canceled WITHOUT sending an email to me. I had to check on their website on the status."

"I placed my order on the 29 mid morning and it was marked as fill within an hour.. NICE i'll get it by Monday or Tuesday.. WRONG.. The package is still sitting somewhere on their dock and hasn't even left.. I know this because the tracking number they assigned 2 days ago is not in FedEx's system yet..

So yes they filled the order quickly, or made the system look like that but it hasn't been shipped yet.. I would rather see Processing then Ready but by the way we didn't feel like putting it on the truck yet..

Besides this they are WAY over priced.. I found the same ON Casein powder elsewhere for half the price of GNC, the only reason i got it from them is they were doing a buy one get one half off special, which brought it down to about $10 more instead of $40.. The other reason was they were the only supplier to have the 2 new flavors i was interested in.
I hope Bodybuilding.com get these in soon so i can get it from them.. They know how to treat their customers..

H-Town

"Shipping was fast & free, got everything I ordered at a good price."

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"Price was appropriate after applying coupons. Prompt shipment."