• Futurlec

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"they gave me a good service, fast answer to my question and a fast shipping. we had some issue with some backordered parts but they had corrected it very fast always with getting me in touch of whats happening."

"Ordered 5 male DC plugs 2.5 mm by 5.5 mm to replace failed laptop charger plugs. Sadly of the 5 only one was the right size the other 4 were 2 mm by 5.5 mm. The quality of the plugs is good but order fulfillment sucks."

modified review This review was modified by Danedg on March 16 2015 07:41:03 PM

"I ordered four YELLOW 57 mm 7 segment displays in August last year. The packet arrived 8 weeks later - very SLOW. It came from Thailand.
I was busy with other work at the time and because the parts were tightly wrapped I didn't bother to unwrap them and check.
(Better I thought to leave them wrapped so they didn't end up getting damaged or marked).
Back in January I found time to start on the project so I opened the wrapping and found they'd sent me WHITE led displays, not yellow as I ordered.
I contacted them by email and their first reply was "Do you want a refund or something else to the same value?"
I replied and said "No, I'd just like the four YELLOW displays as I originally ordered.
A week later I get an email stating they are re-shipping.
Four weeks after that I get a parcel in the mail.
It's from GERMANY.
I open it and immediately check the displays - they are GREEN!
I've sent an email to the person who originally responded, and another one to their 'sales' inquiry address.
Neither of these have been answered.
I just tried calling their Australian phone number - the first time I got a fax machine, subsequent times just a hiss then nothing.
At least I got something from them, even if it was the wrong items, but I will not deal with them again - especially having read the other reviews here.

"Yes I too fell victim to Futurlec.com in stock and trust. Ordered 2 items 1/29/15 now 3/12/15 no product no communications except for one that said package shipped 2/5/15. Will be contacting my bank card for a dispute and charge back. Also report to FTC.gov to report International Fraud. Suggest others do the same.

Be-warned like others DO NOT ORDER from Futurlec you will regret it.

"Futurlec has been my parts store of choice for many years. They do even better at PC Board manufacturing. Their quality is quite good, prices more than fair, and I've never been disappointed with anything I've received.

I've just received 400 new PCBs from them, and they are exemplary! Among the best I've ever gotten from online sources.

Delivery can be slow at times, but with DHL it's very quick. I'm very surprised to see the complaints on their delivery, I've not experienced this.

All in all, I wiil continue to do business with Futurlec, I regard them highly as a quality, inexpensive parts source.

modified review This review was modified by batwings on March 07 2015 11:46:01 PM

"I don't recommend to have any business with this fraudulent company.
They state that components in stock but in fact it is not true. They will return bigger part of your money back after 1-2 months.
It seems to me that they are using our money to make deposit and get a bank interest on it.
So, if you would like to credit them, waste your time and your money then just make choice to Futurlec company.

modified review This review was modified by Pashka on March 05 2015 08:39:30 AM

"Ordered 2 gas flow sensors in November 2014 ....its now March 2015 ....no delivery !!!!. Funny but the money was taken within 2 days. Several e'mails later still no reply

IS THIS I BIG CON SITE .

modified review This review was modified by johnvee on March 04 2015 05:47:23 AM

"I wished I had checked this site before ordering from them. I order some parts from them. Two weeks have past and I still have not heard any shipment confirmation, so I emailed them, and they said 1 item is not in stock. At this point I am wondering why they never bothered contacting me about it until I emailed them. So their response was "Please advise us if there is a substitute with another part with the same amount $1". And I looked online, found another part that said in stock and told them. They came back and said it was also out of stock. I emailed them back and said I don't have time to look through their website to keep looking for parts when the information there is not even accurate. In stock does not mean it is really in stock. No apology throughout the exchange of emails, and they said they will issue a refund in 1 week's time. It has been a month and no refund yet. I am calling my credit card company to dispute the charge. This is ridiculous.... "

modified review This review was modified by onlineshopper2015 on February 03 2015 10:12:31 PM

"Take it from me, don't EVER order from Futurlec for anything! I ordered over $100 in parts from them, they told me it was shipped December 1st. I waited 3 weeks and had them email me that my order was over weight and they want to charge something like $60 for shipping. I guess the tracking number they gave me the first time was fake, especially considering it expired after a while. Now I'm trying to get a refund and I'm not even sure if that will happen."

modified review This review was modified by Techjar on December 21 2014 09:06:13 PM

"I have ordered a lot of PCB's through Futurlec. They are good quality and VERY cost effective. If you want fast shipping they do offer DHL Express. Their delivery to Australia is fast with DHL but the standard 3-4 weeks with standard postage as you would expect. The staff are VERY helpful and answer email promptly."

modified review This review was modified by KevinJLee on December 09 2014 11:35:05 PM

"Well it seems my order is no different than almost all others ! At the time I ordered I did not check to see if they had a contact phone number. The reason being that I've never had any problem like this one from other companies such as digi-key. It's been over 2 weeks now and not even an email explaining what is going on. Maybe I should start a company like them and make millions of $$$ knowing I will never ship anything out. I think this company needs to be investigated by the FBI. Now I'm starting to wonder from what country they are operating. I'm going to investigate. For those who have not ordered from them yet, DON'T !!!!"

"Just thought I'd chime in here, with all these negative reviews. I put an order in on a Tuesday, then was like "huh, so cheap! I wonder what people think of this company..." Well, about a hundred horror stories in I started sweating. Sure, I could stand to loose 50$, but all the hassle I was supposedly looking forward to...
Happily, that Thursday I received an email that my order was sent. 2 DAYS. That was it. It took about 2 week, but lo and behold my order arrived (and with a cute robot boy mascot on the package. Bonus!) It shipped from Germany, so what the hell! Halfway around the world in 14 days? sounds pretty spot on, I'd say.
So I'm maybe an exception to the rule, but I couldn't be happier with this company and will definitely be getting my potentiometers and other random project stuff from here again. Yeah, if you're an EE student cramming on your thesis midnight the night before, they're probably not for you. But if you're in no hurry then it's awesome. Plus 4$ shipping? Good luck getting that in-country...

modified review This review was modified by jjbbuckmaster on November 17 2014 10:33:08 PM

Futurlec User

"They are very, very slow and disorganised, with poor communication by email.

The website was false, declaring all my items in stock but half of them where NOT in stock.

I ordered on 17th August and they still have not confirmed shipping on 1st September, saying I can track the order in another week.

"We ordered two power supplies on July 30th. After having the charge show up on our credit card on Aug 1st we searched and realized we never had a confirmation email showing we had placed the order, yet they were able to charge for the items. Two months later and multiple attempts to contact them via every email address they publish we have yet to be contacted and no parts. We are very dissatisfied and would like a refund."

modified review This review was modified by StyroPower on August 29 2014 08:35:03 AM

"This place is a horror show.

I placed an order for 350 dollars worth of stuff, and they let the order sit for 3 months waiting on roughly 5 dollars worth of items they had back ordered. I get that back orders happen, but they communicated absolutely zero of this - I had to drag information from them every step of the way.

After 3 months and getting them to finally ship what they do have, they sent me an email telling me that since my items have been boxed, the shipping cost went up 50 dollars - that's right, my order got LIGHTER because of the items they don't have, and they expect me to pay 50 dollars for the privilege. Again, after 3 months of me waiting on the order to begin with.

I get that looking at what they sell, they look to be one heck of a retailer - the thing is, the items that they didn't ship my order for....are still showing as available and for sale on their website. They've had my order sitting in limbo for 3 months, and couldn't even bother to update their website to avoid this happening to the next guy.

Again, that catalog looks full of neat stuff and cheap - but that is only actually worth something if they A) actually have it, and B) will ship it to without trying to rip you off.

My experience with the company is an absolute failure on both counts.

modified review This review was modified by Ijustsignedupforonereview on August 05 2014 09:15:12 PM

Share Futurlec's store rating

Futurlec is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Futurlec is not a merchant member
Futurlec does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!