• Futurlec

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.96/10 0.96/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10

"************* UPDATE ****************
I did receive my order today (Aug 31/15) and it was complete.
However, I would not order from these guys again due to the
extent of their shipping time and poor communication via email.
*************************************

These guys ripped me off for $100 order.

"Dear Greg

Only REGULATORPACK and MYLARPACK are unavailable from your order and are out of stock.

A new shipment will arrive at our warehouse in 5-7 days when your order is shipped.

Should you have any further enquiry, please feel free to contact us"

I emailed them roughly six times, I ordered the items around December 2014, it is now Aug 2015. Still no product. I would not recommend purchasing anything from them ever.

This review was modified by gbowman53 on August 31 2015 09:43:04 AM

"Ordered 2 items they said it was in stock waited 3 weeks said that it would be in stock in a week.
waited 3 months contacted them again still item not in stock. Asked for a refund they said 1 week waited 2 months still no refund. These people are stupid don't order from them. All positive comments are bull shit.

"The electronic components I ordered never arrived. Beginning in April I started emailing and the original response was that the obsolete parts would be another 2 weeks off. Further emails were not answered and when I offered in June to change the order to different (current) parts, I never got a reply. I have the distinct impression that the vendor just strung me along until I could no longer have the charges reversed by my credit card company, but I found out, that I still could. I finally disputed the charges. Never use PayPal with this vendor. I tried to dispute a charge through Ebay once and found out that the time limit is only 4 weeks! I would have been sunk with this vendor."

"Well, looks like I too made the dumb mistake of ordering from a sketchy-looking company and not checking the reviews first. Next time go for DigiKey.

I ordered about $50 of parts on 6/5/15.
On 6/12/15 I got an email saying the order was complete except for one part. They asked me if a slightly different part was okay. I was a bit suspicious but still, I said okay.
It is now 6/13/15 and I too have been horrified by the reviews. If only I had checked them first.

If I get the order, great. Depending on what their "customer service" says, I may ask them to cancel it... it depends on them really. Either way, I REALLY want to make sure they don't keep my CC #... I have already asked them to remove it from their records.

Take this is a lesson learned the hard way: always check the reviews of a site before ordering.

I will update this review as needed.

"Beware of Futurlec. They took my money and communication stopped. No respond, no money, no product. Nothing but scam.
I 'm not a big fan of a negative reviews but in this case I have no choice. I've been loyal customer of Futurlec for many years, and I was treated fairly so far. But now I think the Futurlec is sinking. Bye, bye Futurlec, you guys loosing another customer.

This review was modified by Andy_C on May 18 2015 08:26:56 PM

"Ordered some stuff, they confirmed the order and then didn't hear anything more from them. Emailed them a few weeks later to see if it had been lost in the mail, and they said an item was out of stock and they were just holding the order indefinitely until it came in. "We have great difficulty in obtaining the item at moment. Would you like to cancel this item and ship the remaining items now?" Uh YES OF COURSE. I shouldn't have to write you for this to happen; you should notify me. I need to receive these parts during my lifetime if I'm going to use them."

This review was modified by erty124 on April 22 2015 07:21:04 AM

"People never use this company. I lost time, money and customer, because they did not build my PCB.
Sales assistent Bee did not respond on my last e-mails .Do not look on chip Price. time cost more

"Very bad experience. Futurlec took the money immediately after the order, but I did not get any update from them and I had to ask (about 1 week later.) There were items in backorder and I decided to wait... one month later there were still items in backorder, but I asked them to send whatever they got and refund the rest of the items.
I never got the refund and I got a fake/nonexistent shipping code (I even got a Singaporean tracking code, but Amp wrote me that the order was being 'shipped from Thailand').

Steer well clear of these scammers.

"they gave me a good service, fast answer to my question and a fast shipping. we had some issue with some backordered parts but they had corrected it very fast always with getting me in touch of whats happening."

"Ordered 5 male DC plugs 2.5 mm by 5.5 mm to replace failed laptop charger plugs. Sadly of the 5 only one was the right size the other 4 were 2 mm by 5.5 mm. The quality of the plugs is good but order fulfillment sucks."

This review was modified by Danedg on March 16 2015 07:41:03 PM

"I ordered four YELLOW 57 mm 7 segment displays in August last year. The packet arrived 8 weeks later - very SLOW. It came from Thailand.
I was busy with other work at the time and because the parts were tightly wrapped I didn't bother to unwrap them and check.
(Better I thought to leave them wrapped so they didn't end up getting damaged or marked).
Back in January I found time to start on the project so I opened the wrapping and found they'd sent me WHITE led displays, not yellow as I ordered.
I contacted them by email and their first reply was "Do you want a refund or something else to the same value?"
I replied and said "No, I'd just like the four YELLOW displays as I originally ordered.
A week later I get an email stating they are re-shipping.
Four weeks after that I get a parcel in the mail.
It's from GERMANY.
I open it and immediately check the displays - they are GREEN!
I've sent an email to the person who originally responded, and another one to their 'sales' inquiry address.
Neither of these have been answered.
I just tried calling their Australian phone number - the first time I got a fax machine, subsequent times just a hiss then nothing.
At least I got something from them, even if it was the wrong items, but I will not deal with them again - especially having read the other reviews here.

"Yes I too fell victim to Futurlec.com in stock and trust. Ordered 2 items 1/29/15 now 3/12/15 no product no communications except for one that said package shipped 2/5/15. Will be contacting my bank card for a dispute and charge back. Also report to FTC.gov to report International Fraud. Suggest others do the same.

Be-warned like others DO NOT ORDER from Futurlec you will regret it.

"Futurlec has been my parts store of choice for many years. They do even better at PC Board manufacturing. Their quality is quite good, prices more than fair, and I've never been disappointed with anything I've received.

I've just received 400 new PCBs from them, and they are exemplary! Among the best I've ever gotten from online sources.

Delivery can be slow at times, but with DHL it's very quick. I'm very surprised to see the complaints on their delivery, I've not experienced this.

All in all, I wiil continue to do business with Futurlec, I regard them highly as a quality, inexpensive parts source.

This review was modified by batwings on March 07 2015 11:46:01 PM

"I don't recommend to have any business with this fraudulent company.
They state that components in stock but in fact it is not true. They will return bigger part of your money back after 1-2 months.
It seems to me that they are using our money to make deposit and get a bank interest on it.
So, if you would like to credit them, waste your time and your money then just make choice to Futurlec company.

This review was modified by Pashka on March 05 2015 08:39:30 AM

"Ordered 2 gas flow sensors in November 2014 ....its now March 2015 ....no delivery !!!!. Funny but the money was taken within 2 days. Several e'mails later still no reply

IS THIS I BIG CON SITE .

This review was modified by johnvee on March 04 2015 05:47:23 AM

Share Futurlec's store rating

Futurlec is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Futurlec is not a merchant member
Futurlec does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!