• Futurlec

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.31/10 2.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.71/10 2.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Beware of Futurlec. They took my money and communication stopped. No respond, no money, no product. Nothing but scam.
I 'm not a big fan of a negative reviews but in this case I have no choice. I've been loyal customer of Futurlec for many years, and I was treated fairly so far. But now I think the Futurlec is sinking. Bye, bye Futurlec, you guys loosing another customer.

modified review This review was modified by Andy_C on May 18 2015 08:26:56 PM

"Ordered some stuff, they confirmed the order and then didn't hear anything more from them. Emailed them a few weeks later to see if it had been lost in the mail, and they said an item was out of stock and they were just holding the order indefinitely until it came in. "We have great difficulty in obtaining the item at moment. Would you like to cancel this item and ship the remaining items now?" Uh YES OF COURSE. I shouldn't have to write you for this to happen; you should notify me. I need to receive these parts during my lifetime if I'm going to use them."

modified review This review was modified by erty124 on April 22 2015 07:21:04 AM

"People never use this company. I lost time, money and customer, because they did not build my PCB.
Sales assistent Bee did not respond on my last e-mails .Do not look on chip Price. time cost more

"Very bad experience. Futurlec took the money immediately after the order, but I did not get any update from them and I had to ask (about 1 week later.) There were items in backorder and I decided to wait... one month later there were still items in backorder, but I asked them to send whatever they got and refund the rest of the items.
I never got the refund and I got a fake/nonexistent shipping code (I even got a Singaporean tracking code, but Amp wrote me that the order was being 'shipped from Thailand').

Steer well clear of these scammers.

"they gave me a good service, fast answer to my question and a fast shipping. we had some issue with some backordered parts but they had corrected it very fast always with getting me in touch of whats happening."

"Ordered 5 male DC plugs 2.5 mm by 5.5 mm to replace failed laptop charger plugs. Sadly of the 5 only one was the right size the other 4 were 2 mm by 5.5 mm. The quality of the plugs is good but order fulfillment sucks."

modified review This review was modified by Danedg on March 16 2015 07:41:03 PM

"I ordered four YELLOW 57 mm 7 segment displays in August last year. The packet arrived 8 weeks later - very SLOW. It came from Thailand.
I was busy with other work at the time and because the parts were tightly wrapped I didn't bother to unwrap them and check.
(Better I thought to leave them wrapped so they didn't end up getting damaged or marked).
Back in January I found time to start on the project so I opened the wrapping and found they'd sent me WHITE led displays, not yellow as I ordered.
I contacted them by email and their first reply was "Do you want a refund or something else to the same value?"
I replied and said "No, I'd just like the four YELLOW displays as I originally ordered.
A week later I get an email stating they are re-shipping.
Four weeks after that I get a parcel in the mail.
It's from GERMANY.
I open it and immediately check the displays - they are GREEN!
I've sent an email to the person who originally responded, and another one to their 'sales' inquiry address.
Neither of these have been answered.
I just tried calling their Australian phone number - the first time I got a fax machine, subsequent times just a hiss then nothing.
At least I got something from them, even if it was the wrong items, but I will not deal with them again - especially having read the other reviews here.

"Yes I too fell victim to Futurlec.com in stock and trust. Ordered 2 items 1/29/15 now 3/12/15 no product no communications except for one that said package shipped 2/5/15. Will be contacting my bank card for a dispute and charge back. Also report to FTC.gov to report International Fraud. Suggest others do the same.

Be-warned like others DO NOT ORDER from Futurlec you will regret it.

"Futurlec has been my parts store of choice for many years. They do even better at PC Board manufacturing. Their quality is quite good, prices more than fair, and I've never been disappointed with anything I've received.

I've just received 400 new PCBs from them, and they are exemplary! Among the best I've ever gotten from online sources.

Delivery can be slow at times, but with DHL it's very quick. I'm very surprised to see the complaints on their delivery, I've not experienced this.

All in all, I wiil continue to do business with Futurlec, I regard them highly as a quality, inexpensive parts source.

modified review This review was modified by batwings on March 07 2015 11:46:01 PM

"I don't recommend to have any business with this fraudulent company.
They state that components in stock but in fact it is not true. They will return bigger part of your money back after 1-2 months.
It seems to me that they are using our money to make deposit and get a bank interest on it.
So, if you would like to credit them, waste your time and your money then just make choice to Futurlec company.

modified review This review was modified by Pashka on March 05 2015 08:39:30 AM

"Ordered 2 gas flow sensors in November 2014 ....its now March 2015 ....no delivery !!!!. Funny but the money was taken within 2 days. Several e'mails later still no reply

IS THIS I BIG CON SITE .

modified review This review was modified by johnvee on March 04 2015 05:47:23 AM

"I wished I had checked this site before ordering from them. I order some parts from them. Two weeks have past and I still have not heard any shipment confirmation, so I emailed them, and they said 1 item is not in stock. At this point I am wondering why they never bothered contacting me about it until I emailed them. So their response was "Please advise us if there is a substitute with another part with the same amount $1". And I looked online, found another part that said in stock and told them. They came back and said it was also out of stock. I emailed them back and said I don't have time to look through their website to keep looking for parts when the information there is not even accurate. In stock does not mean it is really in stock. No apology throughout the exchange of emails, and they said they will issue a refund in 1 week's time. It has been a month and no refund yet. I am calling my credit card company to dispute the charge. This is ridiculous.... "

modified review This review was modified by onlineshopper2015 on February 03 2015 10:12:31 PM

"Take it from me, don't EVER order from Futurlec for anything! I ordered over $100 in parts from them, they told me it was shipped December 1st. I waited 3 weeks and had them email me that my order was over weight and they want to charge something like $60 for shipping. I guess the tracking number they gave me the first time was fake, especially considering it expired after a while. Now I'm trying to get a refund and I'm not even sure if that will happen."

modified review This review was modified by Techjar on December 21 2014 09:06:13 PM

"I have ordered a lot of PCB's through Futurlec. They are good quality and VERY cost effective. If you want fast shipping they do offer DHL Express. Their delivery to Australia is fast with DHL but the standard 3-4 weeks with standard postage as you would expect. The staff are VERY helpful and answer email promptly."

modified review This review was modified by KevinJLee on December 09 2014 11:35:05 PM

"Well it seems my order is no different than almost all others ! At the time I ordered I did not check to see if they had a contact phone number. The reason being that I've never had any problem like this one from other companies such as digi-key. It's been over 2 weeks now and not even an email explaining what is going on. Maybe I should start a company like them and make millions of $$$ knowing I will never ship anything out. I think this company needs to be investigated by the FBI. Now I'm starting to wonder from what country they are operating. I'm going to investigate. For those who have not ordered from them yet, DON'T !!!!"

Share Futurlec's store rating

Futurlec is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Futurlec is not a merchant member
Futurlec does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!