• Rating 0.67/10 72 reviews

Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.) is not a merchant member
    Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.) contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Terrible, just terrible. It took 6 business days to arrive to NB from Ontario and my monitor arrived damaged and in the manufacturers box. It didn't even have a fragile sticker on the box. Overall the monitor had to be returned and it will probably take another week to get there and then 5-7 business days to refund and then I will have to order another screen! I shouldn't be even getting another from them but I really have no choice! And no compensation for the f***ing delay! This just sucks for me."

modified review This review was modified by hftv on January 14 2014 11:58:01 AM

"I strongly recommend NOT BUYING FROM FUTURESHOP ONLINE!!!!!!!!! Last Christmas I ordered a VHS/DVD Toshiba unit from Futureshop. Before ordering, I visited the Barrie store and the sales person assured me the unit was well covered by Futureshop warranty/guarantees. The unit arrived promptly, but it was broken at the time of arrival. Futureshop told me as it was a new unit, it has to go back to Toshiba Canada. Toshiba tells me it didn`t break it, but they will fix it or replace it for a cost. I am VERY DISSATISFIED with my experience with FUTURESHOP and will never be a customer of theirs again. DO NOT TRUST THEIR ASSURANCES OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION WHEN BUYING ONLINE!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by RuthsMom on December 02 2013 09:37:18 PM

"I am experincing an issue in which Futureshop took the liberty of substituting my preorder game to a completely different lower priced one without even asking me. Now it shipped, and they won't give me the game I ordered and I am forced to be inconvenienced by returning it.

I did not order this product. I ordered THE LEGEND OF ZELDA (Nintendo Wii U) (SKU: 10204319) which you have now substituted for The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD ( Nintendo Wii U) (SKU: 10204318). The original one I ordered is now removed from your site. I called in and spoke to Kevin who indicated that I would have to mail the product back (RMA) or refuse the package and wait for my card to be refunded. From past experience this takes nearly two weeks, plus I have to drive to the post office as the game gets dumped in my mailbox or carded for pickup at the post office, which would then entail two trips to the post office. The other options is inconveniencing myself and driving to a store to do a return. All of this for a product you substituted and shipped/charged me for without my consent or prior notification.

I was offered $20 off the item I actually ordered, however, it is no longer on your site, and as such Kevin advised he can do nothing.

Now I am stuck in a situation where I have to waste my time, gas, and effort just to get my money back on something I did not order, plus time to resolve the issue, PLUS not get the game I wanted.

"I give Future Shop a terrible rating for service. I had a laptop that was still on its two year warranty. It crashed 7 to 8 times per day. I could not get my work done. Eight months later the issue is still not resolved and they refuse to provide me with a replacement. The company's service plan is cumbersome and slow."

modified review This review was modified by RickJanzen on May 29 2013 01:00:16 PM

"i buy many items on this site . never have any trouble. free shipping and items is garanted on any local store. very fast shipping 2 day for receive my printer

I actually have a horrible warning for everyone out there, I think that's why they are closing. I received a new Samsung frontload washer/dryer set from Futureshop Feb 13,13. It showed up all scratched up & when I mean scratched I mean there wasn't an inch on it that wasn't, all be it it was a floor model but it was not the set I saw at the store. When I asked the delivery people what happened they handed me a customer acceptance form (that had been signed by some unknown person) saying that they thought I was aware of the damage "your signature is on it". When I made them see that it was not my name, even they said they were baffled at why it was so damaged. Anyway the guy said to call them up they would send me a replacement or I could ask for a discount. After calling the store & speaking with several people only to fall on a manager who casually told me to take pictures of it (impossible its a reflective surface but I did video it) & come to the store "but it'll be at my discretion whether or not we do anything about it". I asked if I could e-mail, fax or whatever because I live in Montreal (the store is in Boisbriand) & I don't have a car & it would be too complicated for me to return to the store, he refused. So I called the customer service (you know that one they keep advising you to call 1-866-237-8289) & I have been trying to get it resolved ever since which was the same week I received the thing. First it takes seven to ten days then we are escalating this matter it'll take another forty-eight hours and numerous e-mails & calls in between, I am still waiting. I haven't used it because I have heard so many this & that I am afraid they wont take it back if I do. Like you I have a long fuse but I feel it's wearing thin. I don't know what to do next short of taking it public.

"The worst of the worst in terms of customer service. I advise everyone to go out of their way to shop elsewhere (unless you have time to waste on over-priced goods and idiotic return policies, to say nothing of snooty sales folk)."

"I have bought a laptop Asus in September 2012 and in 2 months the batery died. After taking it to Future shop in Vaughan they have sent it to BC to repair.
In 10 days i got a call from BC that the battery will cost me $250 plus tax(whenever i have paid for entire laptop $400)
Isnt it pathetic???
Of course i refuse to replace the pattery and came to store to argue there/.
THe IT guy said that the battery has to be under warranty for at least 90 days from manufacture. And he kept the laptop for further problem solving.
In the end of December 2012 i came to know if anything was done regarding my problem, They couldn't find my laptop and said that it was probably sent back to BC for repair.
Jan 2012 i called them to that store and the IT department said that laptop is in the store but there is no any notes on it that it was repaired and that the person i was talking before is not in the store today so they have to call me back next day....
These promises are lasting already second month.
ASNd they refuse to return money or even to exchange this item for another one ( iagreed to buy even more expensive one)

"Ordered a stove via futureshop.ca. Delivery company was horrible - on the first delivery, they would not take the old appliance (even though I paid for removal) as they did not have these instructions. On the 2nd delivery they came through the house in their wet dirty boots and then left the garbage behind! Multiple calls to futureshop and over 2 weeks later have not heard back from a manager even though the call centre keeps on indicating a manager will call within 24 hours. I would NOT shop at FutureShop again. "

"I struggle to remain polite at the level of incompetence displayed by some of your outlets. However for the sake of civility I will bite my lip. Not only can you get a simple delivery right, you don't even have the courtesy to call ahead. I have taken a day off work to double checked that you would turn up and lo and behold, that's right no delivery.

When you do deliver you made just one out of four items! How can you be so stupid? And this you attempt to deliver on a Sunday morning at 9? Zero customer service, zero empathy! Absolutely the very last time I will ever deal with you in the future. I hope people read this post and are warned a few dollars cheaper might only mean more money spent on painkillers!!

I do hope you have the character to leave this post on your wall for other people to read!

"Horrible customer service at futureshop.ca online purchasing. I purchased a pair of Sennheiser headphones on Dec26 boxing dale sale. I didn't bother looking anywhere else since I got a $98OFF sale price. Four days later, I get an e-mail from futureshop.ca claiming that the availability was erroneous and that the product was no longer in stock. They sent me a $10 gift voucher. Youpie?"

modified review This review was modified by h1234 on January 02 2013 11:14:52 AM

"Futureshop is one of the worst stores I shopped. I placed an order online on Dec 24 and up until Jan 2, the order is still not processed even. I called 4 times, email them 10 or more times. They kept directing me back to the same phone number or customer email. I haven't received my order yet."

"Future Shop Etobicoke scammed a customer recently claiming that the new Samsung 15.6" i5 laptop, required that they install Windows 8 and all other software/drivers required for the laptop to work correctly.
Their own website shows that it comes with Windows 8 but for the benefit of having Future Shop install and setup Windows 8 they required 8 hours, which they charged the customer only $200. (Sarcasm intended)

"The Levono v570 is undoubtedly the worst computer I have ever owned or worked on. It runs slower than my 7 year old Toshiba laptop and it reliably freezes during start up. Levono has convinced me never to buy other one of their laptop ever again; likely I will never buy another PC again. Furthermore, the futureshop IT support has been completely useless. Despite buying an extended warranty, futureshop has done nothing to fix this problem. The best they have been able to offer is to restore the harddrive, which takes them 3 weeks since they have to ship it away to perform this very simple task. The employees at futureshop have demonstrated a severe lack of knowledge and exceedingly poor customer service."

"Purchased a Boston acoustics sub and 5 speaker package with a 9 year warrantee which they pushed at sale point. A year and a half in the sub stopped powering up. Took it in and after my continued call they said the unit was damaged and void warrantee. I told them there was no physical damage when it was dropped off,it would not power up. One week later they called and yes they would cover it. I called one week later and they said it's too expensive to repair,bring in the whole package for replacement. Had to have it out with a manager because speaker are all mounted with two extra I had bought 200 miles away and I would not tear it down. I wanted a comparable replacement. Finally agreed.Here's the best when I picked it up they wanted to sell me a new warrantee because my 9 year one is now void??? Scammers all of them."