Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"I went out of my way to travel to Future Shop. I grabbed the product I wanted. I took my item to the cash register and the employee refused to do a price match -- despite all the advertisements indicating they would do so.

Their reasoning was the product I wanted to price match was not available at the OTHER STORE. That makes no sense. If it was there, then I would go there. They wasted not only my time, but my petrol as well.

The store policies are ridiculous. I will not be shopping there again. Actually, this comptuer I'm typing on, I bought from Future Shop. However, I had to return the model several times because of malfunctions. They were nice enough about that, the employee was very polite, but the store is run in such a ridiculous manner. I've seen much better service elsewhere.

Sorry. I don't mean to be harsh. The employees are good. I genuinely think that. I just believe the policies set in place make for an unpleasant shopping experience. I'm pretty sure, given the competition, Future Shop is going to shut down one day.

"Never purchase a product from this store. Their after sales service is terrible. I bought a phone 2 weeks ago. It doesn't work and they wont help me get it repaired or help me replace it. This is frustrating and completely unhelpful. I was not able to make a complaint in the store; the lady on the "customer service desk" told me to visit the website, but I cannot find any way of making a complaint. Phoning the customer service line is also a waste of time as it directs me back to the Saint John store. Do not buy anything from them."

"Bought a laptop from Best Buy inn December, 2013. It has been back to Best Buy more than a dozen times due to numerous problems and is presently back at the factory for the second time, five weeks now and
Best Buy says "don't call us, We'll call you when it's ready". And "We don't refund and we don't replace". It has never run in the six months since I purchased it. Best Buy has my money ($1000). I have nothing.

modified review This review was modified by Ematt on June 19 2014 09:00:47 PM

"Help around every corner it seemed to me, good quick service, and seemed to know what they were talking about."

modified review This review was modified by JayC1978 on May 14 2014 02:25:36 AM

"Horrible experience with FutureShop.ca
i placed an order for laptop online. more than 24hrs later they send me an email saying i need to call 1-866-514-1433. this is an automated number that just says there is something wrong with your order, login and fix. i login and fix, again after 24 hours same email. this went on for 3 times, when i got the email 3rd time, i call the 800 number on their site. i told them everything is correct, they told me now they have approved it and the laptop should ship out.
Guess what? another email after 24 hours.
very frustrated now i call again. they finally put me in touch with someone who processed the card while i was on the phone. i finally receive the laptop.

Yesterday, after a month i needed another laptop a month later as the company hired another employee. Guess what, same thing again. i received same email again this morning. my lid blew. OMG.
this is the worse online shopping experience i have had in a very long time.

modified review This review was modified by sajeev on May 09 2014 09:17:32 AM

"Terrible, just terrible. It took 6 business days to arrive to NB from Ontario and my monitor arrived damaged and in the manufacturers box. It didn't even have a fragile sticker on the box. Overall the monitor had to be returned and it will probably take another week to get there and then 5-7 business days to refund and then I will have to order another screen! I shouldn't be even getting another from them but I really have no choice! And no compensation for the f***ing delay! This just sucks for me."

modified review This review was modified by hftv on January 14 2014 11:58:01 AM

"I do not want to give them even one star, but no choice here. I tried to order monitors by online shopping. My paypal account and two visa card have been working good. However, they said that they could not go through my order by using them. I called them twice, and both of them said that my order went through after we talked. I asked if they would say no again. They said everything is ok now. They sent me "no" email. Nothing wrong with my cards and paypal account. The problem is your company."

modified review This review was modified by ihateyrcompany on December 02 2013 05:10:05 PM

"I strongly recommend NOT BUYING FROM FUTURESHOP ONLINE!!!!!!!!! Last Christmas I ordered a VHS/DVD Toshiba unit from Futureshop. Before ordering, I visited the Barrie store and the sales person assured me the unit was well covered by Futureshop warranty/guarantees. The unit arrived promptly, but it was broken at the time of arrival. Futureshop told me as it was a new unit, it has to go back to Toshiba Canada. Toshiba tells me it didn`t break it, but they will fix it or replace it for a cost. I am VERY DISSATISFIED with my experience with FUTURESHOP and will never be a customer of theirs again. DO NOT TRUST THEIR ASSURANCES OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION WHEN BUYING ONLINE!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by RuthsMom on December 02 2013 09:37:18 PM

"Worst. Store. Ever. Customer service, management, inter departmental communication absolutely terrible. The people behind me in line were trash talking the store, the people waiting for a return, and the people who just bought a laptop and had to come in the following day because their sales rep forgot to install the software they paid for with their brand new laptop were talking about how bad it was. Should have listened to them from the beginning. Standards of this place have really gone down low. I blame the management, who aren't in the least bit educated for their jobs but show up in piles of makeup with chunks of keys. "

modified review This review was modified by Obvedc on October 12 2013 11:08:39 PM

"I am experincing an issue in which Futureshop took the liberty of substituting my preorder game to a completely different lower priced one without even asking me. Now it shipped, and they won't give me the game I ordered and I am forced to be inconvenienced by returning it.

I did not order this product. I ordered THE LEGEND OF ZELDA (Nintendo Wii U) (SKU: 10204319) which you have now substituted for The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD ( Nintendo Wii U) (SKU: 10204318). The original one I ordered is now removed from your site. I called in and spoke to Kevin who indicated that I would have to mail the product back (RMA) or refuse the package and wait for my card to be refunded. From past experience this takes nearly two weeks, plus I have to drive to the post office as the game gets dumped in my mailbox or carded for pickup at the post office, which would then entail two trips to the post office. The other options is inconveniencing myself and driving to a store to do a return. All of this for a product you substituted and shipped/charged me for without my consent or prior notification.

I was offered $20 off the item I actually ordered, however, it is no longer on your site, and as such Kevin advised he can do nothing.

Now I am stuck in a situation where I have to waste my time, gas, and effort just to get my money back on something I did not order, plus time to resolve the issue, PLUS not get the game I wanted.

"I give Future Shop a terrible rating for service. I had a laptop that was still on its two year warranty. It crashed 7 to 8 times per day. I could not get my work done. Eight months later the issue is still not resolved and they refuse to provide me with a replacement. The company's service plan is cumbersome and slow."

modified review This review was modified by RickJanzen on May 29 2013 01:00:16 PM

"The Best Price Policy is BS. The taxes (15% in Quebec) are included in the sale price of all major kitchen appliances at The Brick and Samsung appliances are now on sale at 20% off. FuturShop refuse to match The Brick price less 10% of the difference (405.00$) on a Samsung refrigerator because the delivery date is in 30 days. They said that the product was not available immediately so they would not match the price even if I could buy it immediately from The Brick!!!

I bought it at The Brick and my "Futur Shopping" will be with The Brick...

"i buy many items on this site . never have any trouble. free shipping and items is garanted on any local store. very fast shipping 2 day for receive my printer

I actually have a horrible warning for everyone out there, I think that's why they are closing. I received a new Samsung frontload washer/dryer set from Futureshop Feb 13,13. It showed up all scratched up & when I mean scratched I mean there wasn't an inch on it that wasn't, all be it it was a floor model but it was not the set I saw at the store. When I asked the delivery people what happened they handed me a customer acceptance form (that had been signed by some unknown person) saying that they thought I was aware of the damage "your signature is on it". When I made them see that it was not my name, even they said they were baffled at why it was so damaged. Anyway the guy said to call them up they would send me a replacement or I could ask for a discount. After calling the store & speaking with several people only to fall on a manager who casually told me to take pictures of it (impossible its a reflective surface but I did video it) & come to the store "but it'll be at my discretion whether or not we do anything about it". I asked if I could e-mail, fax or whatever because I live in Montreal (the store is in Boisbriand) & I don't have a car & it would be too complicated for me to return to the store, he refused. So I called the customer service (you know that one they keep advising you to call 1-866-237-8289) & I have been trying to get it resolved ever since which was the same week I received the thing. First it takes seven to ten days then we are escalating this matter it'll take another forty-eight hours and numerous e-mails & calls in between, I am still waiting. I haven't used it because I have heard so many this & that I am afraid they wont take it back if I do. Like you I have a long fuse but I feel it's wearing thin. I don't know what to do next short of taking it public.

"Placed a reservation for Canon T3i on their website. Received confirmation with total price to pay in store. When I went to pick the camera up they refused to honor the price stating it was an online discount. It clearly stated in the reservation email that the total was to be payed in store...I even asked about their price match/beat policy that clearly states ANY online price of Canadian competitor would be beat. I asked why then cant they just match THEIR OWN PRICE and they just kept repeating its only an online price......"

Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.) is not a merchant member
Future Shop (Best Buy Canada Ltd.) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!