"Do NOT deal with these guys! They have an F rating with the BBB for failure to respond to complaints plus they are NOT BBB accredited. I bought a CAD M179 mic from them and they were offering a free CAD mic cable and a free CAD pop filter.
Received the mic and the first thing I noticed was that the ID tag for the front of the mic was sitting on top of the foam box. Quite obviously B-stock or a customer return. And to my shock they had switched out the CAD cable with a much cheaper and much lower rated Hot Wires cable. I contacted them and they refused to send the correct cable as listed. They claimed they could switch free items at will. They told me to send everything back at my cost despite the fact they sent the wrong cable and the mic was defective. I told them they would be getting an Attorney General complaint. No reply so I looked up the owner's name on Manta ... Shane Selby ... (803) 748-0914. According to Linkedin he attended the University of South Carolina - The Moore School of Business for a Masters in Business. According to Linkedin he is the owner of Front End Audio from December 2003 - Present. I called him and he literally got in my face lecturing me that they could switch free items for equal value. I told him that the Hot Wires cable was half the price of the CAD cable and lower rated per customer reviews on on THEIR OWN SITE! He got in my face and lectured me that the cables were the same and the prices were perceived values so they could switch the cables if they wanted to. And the CAD cables WERE IN STOCK according to their website despite them telling me they were out of stock. He said they were sending a return tag and that I could no longer do business with them. They act like they are a major chain .... do not buy from these guys .... their service, product quality and arrogant attitude are sub-par to anything I have seen outside of Guitar Center and its affiliates. Look at their mic reviews on Youtube ... none of the reviews that I saw even tested the mic .... basically just open box reviews. Glad I won't be dealing with these guys again. I finally bought my CAD mic at the highly rated Zen Pro Audio.

"Exceptional customer service from Front End Audio. Dave was very helpful, researching for me, contacting the vendor, and making sure I got the product on time. It was well packed, shipped fast, and their price was the best.

Thanks!

"I ordered F L studio 11 online Saturday with priority overnight shipping. Seller called me Monday and told me they would be shipping me version 10 with a free upgrade.

I told them I would have bought it at Guitar Center Saturday if I had known I was just getting version 10 with the upgrade.

I explained that the only reason I purchased from them was because they advertised version 11 and everyone else had version 10 plus and upgrade.

I told them I felt like I had been the victim of false advertising and asked what they could do about it.

They apologized.

I asked them to still ship it overnight but refund my $30 overnight fee and they said they couldn’t do that.

They said no.

I asked them if they could do anything to attempt to keep my business.

They said no.

I asked them if there was any reason that I should not simply cancel my order and go buy version 10 at my local Guitar center.

They apologized.

I am highly disappointed.

I will not use this seller again.

modified review This review was modified by bigred133 on May 13 2013 08:22:59 AM

"Just purchased a ribbon mic 2 days ago and it just arrived via FEDEX. Great price ($10 cheaper than other sites), and super fast delivery. No problems whatsoever, will use again."

"Low price, super fast shipping (got it three days earlier than I was expecting), and very friendly service. Packaged well, and quality products! Definitely recommend them to anyone shopping online for gear."

"WARNING - TOTAL SCAM!!!! Ordered an "in stock product with rush delivery" and they charged my card, didn't return any phone calls or emails. It's been a month and now I have to deal with my credit card company to get the refund. Never ever buy from this scam of a company!"

"TERRIBLE. FRAUDULENT. I made a drive purchase online for $189. They charged my card. They called me to tell me that they were not able to honor the price that they charged me for. If I still would like to purchase the drive, they would need to charge me more. As of now, the charge is still showing and my statement is not showing a credit. "

"Great job, ordered a Fostex T50RP and got it on time and in great condition and secure packaging."

"I was looking to order a Rode VideoMic and Rode PG1 Pistol Grip so I began shopping. I had seen the VideoMic at MusiciansFriend.com for $149 and at Amazon.com for $135. I then did a Google Search for the product and FrontEndAudio.com came up listing the VideoMic at $119. I'm always a bit wary when I see prices that low, but I decided to go ahead and add it to my cart. When I did, I realized they threw in the PG1 pistol grip as well, for free! I was getting both the VideoMic and the PG1 for $119! The same package costs $168 on Amazon.com.

So I placed my order on a Sunday with free 7-day shipping, so I expected to see it a week later on Monday. I got a bit worried because for the next few days I checked the status of my shipment and it said they hadn't shipped it yet. But on Wednesday I got an email saying they sent it out. To my surprise, when I got home from work on Thursday (the next day), my Fedex Ground box was waiting for me! The free shipping only took 4 days! I opened the box, and there was my new VideoMic in its original packaging, and my PG1 in its original packaging. No scratches, no dents, just mint condition.

I had a great experience with FrontEndAudio.com. I am definitely looking there first when I need any other audio products. You just can't beat the prices, and they ship reliably. I didn't have to deal with their customer support, so I don't know how that is.

modified review This review was modified by adrienp on July 21 2009 08:14:14 AM

"I was a bit skeptical of ordering from Front End Audio upon finding no reviews on this site or any testimonials in general. I have to say now that there is nothing to worry about though. Despite their prices, they definitely aren't one of a million bait-and-switch scam sites.

I was worried when I received a phone call from them about 20 minutes after placing my order, but they simply wanted to confirm that I was having my order shipped to a residence other than my billing address. They wanted to be sure that I was scamming them! Ha, the lady was nice and did not offer any kind of pressure for me to buy anything else.

The final convincing point to me was the huge archive of instructional/demonstrative videos they have on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/FrontEndAudio). No scam site would go through that much trouble. :)

My order was shipped free, as it looks most of their stuff is. It took them a couple days to get it out the door and I got my microphone a week after I had placed the order. That's nothing miraculous and is honestly a bit slow for internet sales these days, but I couldn't beat the price I paid and it came with free accessories that I actually would have bought anyway!

Front End Audio is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Front End Audio is not a merchant member
Front End Audio does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!