• FreightCenter

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.03/10 3.03/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.16/10 3.16/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.96/10 1.96/10

FreightCenter User

"If you want to get your shipment from Connecticut to Hawaii and every single company wants to charge you as if you were shipping the whole state - contact FreightCenter. They were quick and efficient in arranging everything on a very short notice and my stuff was in my apartment in less than 2 weeks. And their price for the shipping was lower than any other company's."

"Do not use this company. They do not take any responsibility for the services they charge for, or any damage. Even if they change or do not follow through on the agreed & paid for packaging specs on the purchase order, resulting in damaged goods. They also use shippers that do not insure their services. it could be smashed by a forklift and you could have every possible form of documentation, and neither they nor their truckers would take any financial responsibility. Their contract fine print requires you to buy extra insurance or you are without recourse. What kind of freight company does not carry insurance for damaged goods? DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR FREIGHT.

FreightCenter User

"Will never use again, after being lied to, then telling me they would refund my money they withheld 15% for restocking fee. Fee to restock what, my money? I paid them then after finding out they lied to me I asked for my restocking fee and they told me that they would credit if I ever used them with in 90 days, why would I use them after they lied to me. Terrible business ethic. "

FreightCenter User

"Worst company I ever delt with and will never use them again. They don't give you correct instructions needed in the process, then just before your shipment arrives, they tell you there's a problem with paperwork and won't release your cargo unless you pay more money. Absolute scum. Will never recommend them to anyone"

FreightCenter User

"Beware of cancellation fees, even when they screw up. I was promised they could deliver a motorcycle if it was picked up on a specific date. Then the driver (from Haul Bikes) called nearly a week early, the bike was not ready, so I declined the pickup. Then, I am blamed for "declining" the pickup even though it was a week earlier than agreed upon. Bad policies, bad company, stay away. They don't care about the customer, they only care about the money. STAY AWAY!"

FreightCenter User

"Despite an abbreviated schedule on my end, Shannon Donahue was very helpful in meeting our shipment deadline. "

FreightCenter User

"Our company has used Freight Center for our occasional shipping needs (1-5 times a year). For the most part, they have really helped smooth out the process for us. We've had a couple glitches, but eventually they get worked out. Our reps John Stockhausen (domestic) and Lauren Ramsey (international) have been helpful in the past. More recently, I used the chat feature for some questions and Ben Matthews was great - he was very thorough and made some adjustments that saved us money! While we've not been thrilled about some weight adjustments or additional fees being charged before notifying us, those have come from the freight carriers we selected. Overall, FreightCenter has done well by us by providing quick comparisons, answering questions, and arranging successful shipments with (normally) little to no hassle. "

FreightCenter User

"No complaints at all. My company uses them a couple times a month on average. Freightcenter's volume allows them to give me much better pricing than we could get direct from the carriers. Never any issues.

After reading some of the negative comments, it sounds to me like customer mistakes, and ignorance as it relates to booking freight shipments are the reasons for the issues they've encountered. Freight carriers are quick to hit you with additional fees if there is ANY discrepancy (weight, dimensions, dock/fork lift availability, etc.) in your bill of lading.

I deal with Shannon, and whenever I have a question, or have a shipment that's out of my "norm", I have her do the booking for me.

FreightCenter User

"I have only had good experiences and have used them for all my shipping the past 12 years. I think people are confusing issues they have with the carriers and blaming Freightcenter. Oh well, not untypical for people leaving bad reviews... Just make sure you use the correct weight.. "

"Very bad experience!! I shipped a GM specialty service tool on a pallet to Newfoundland Canada direct from Old Dominion Terminal in Pittston Pa. I had the weight at 75lbs. The freight carrier (Old Dominion) assessed the weight at 140lbs. So they back charged me $271!! My freightcenter rep told me if I originally had the weight at 140lbs the additional charge would have been around $40?? My freightcenter rep agreed this was a ridiculous over charge and told me the resolution team would get some if not all of my money back. They did not as of 2 1/2 months later. I continuously get the run around when I inquire about this. Always waiting on this person or another to approve a my partial refund... Which I was told would only be $125... I would not use freightcenter.com or Old Dominion Freight. Once you agree to freightcenters terms they can charge your credit card at will after the fact without your specific permission. Also I did provide proof the shipment was not 140lbs but you are at their mercy. I ship maybe 6-10 shipments a year for my small business. My rep was always good but this situation has soured me on ever using this company again."

"they postponed delivery 2 times I ended up going to bowlingreen to pick my freight up they ended up breaking my back window loading my pallet and tryied to say it was my falt I do not belive it was freight center falt they were very nice more dissatisfied with yrc freight thanks"

"we have worked with them for 5 years. suddenly they are very unresponsive and have raised our rates by apprx 28% we cancelled our last order and found many alternative sites with far less prices - all using the same carriers."

"Easy to use. Responsive. Great Rates."

"I shipped two shipments recently and was charged additional 300.00 each because of a lift gate fee I will never use freight center again for my biz!!!! I've been writing bad reviews!! Onlin
Brandon farner 724-503-5388

"I want to take this time to thank Shannon at Freight Center for her exemplary service in handling our shipment. Even though I had some doubts about being overcharged after reading some complaints, she assured me that as long as I was correct in my description, size and weight I had nothing to fear and she was correct. We had one issue but it was due to the trucking company driver checking wrong box on delivery receipt. Kudos to Shannon, Phil and the Freightcenter.com team! Chris D."

Share FreightCenter's store rating

FreightCenter is a Merchant Member! Learn more

FreightCenter is a merchant member
FreightCenter participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,837 merchant members.