• Freeunlocks.com

"On January 20th, I paid $5.99 to FreeUnlocks.com to unlock my BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone. Within a few minutes I received an email from support@freeunlocks.com containing several unlock codes. However, none of them worked. That is, FreeUnlocks.com was unable to unlock my phone.

At that point, I worked with one of their support agents (Marika) to try to manually unlock my phone. After several attempts of unsuccessful troubleshooting the results were still the same, ineffective. As a final escalation of support, I received an email from a Senior CS Rep (Dani Carlo), which stated "…the unlock code for IMEI # **** could not be located…” Reading that email I quickly learned that the rep entered the wrong IMEI # on his end. Wrong IMEI # equals wrong unlock codes. At that point, I gave up.

Since I would soon be traveling overseas and needed a quick solution, I paid $2.49 to a reputable company (FreeMyBlackBerry.com) and they were able to unlock my phone in less than 3 minutes by providing just one working unlock code (instead of several non-working codes from FreeUnlocks.com).

On January 22nd, I requested a full refund. To date, there have been yet another several unnecessary email exchanges between myself and Marika who insisted I shoot a video demonstrating their codes indeed do not work. Basically, she wanted video proof showing the IMEI # of my phone and me typing their non-working codes in my phone. This was a waste of my time. I pointed out that their codes contain way too many digits (16 to be exact); while the working code I received from FreeMyBlackBerry.com were just 8 digits.

Marika was adamant about the video and kept referring me to their Terms & Conditions. I stated their Terms & Conditions don't apply in this case since their support agent entered a different IMEI # than what I provided at the time of order. I then emailed 3 different photos showing the IMEI # on different menu screens of my phone as well as the manufacturer sticker under the battery. Basically, I proved to them the IMEI # which I provided at the time of order did not match the IMEI # I received from Dani Carlo. Needless to say, Marika did not want to admit the error was on their end and kept hiding behind their Terms & Conditions.

This is ridiculous. People shouldn't have to go through the hassle of shooting an unnecessary video where evidence is concrete.

"Scam !!!!!!!!!! no code after 24 h"

"This is a crock! Please do not give these people your money. Customer service>"wrong captcha code" every time!
Give me my money back!!!

modified review This review was modified by KatieEMD on January 05 2015 09:32:56 AM

"Deadbeats! Avoid at all cost."

modified review This review was modified by Coinshark on September 12 2014 09:55:33 AM

"I got my code and it worked on the first try. They kept me up to date on my order and were very helpful on the chatline at their website. I would recommend them to a friend. "

"Terrible customer support centre.
When everything flows smooth, good. But at times things do not work, and then, we need the customer support. Well, the one of freeunlocks is terrible. Their code did not work. No problem, I thought, they will refund me.
Nothing can be wronger than this. I sent them 3 times the video of the failing unlocking procedure. There was always something that made them compain of the video. And the weeks were passing. The automated reply always state 8-24 hours. Don't believe. They take their time. Much. Now I started my complaint with them one month and half ago. Still they claim to be working on it.
I GAVE UP. NO REFUND, NO UNLOCK. Total loss of time and money.
You you want to use this service, pay for it and keep your finger crossed. If the code does not work, you are fried!

"Freeunlocks sent me a code which didn't work. Then I had to submit a video, which took me nearly an hour to upload, to prove that it didn't work--and customer support agreed.

Unfortunately I used TrialPay, and Freeunlocks customer support wanted an email showing that I paid an advertiser something. Of course, anyone that uses TrialPay knows that you start off with a free trial and therefore don't pay anything for the first month.

Funny thing is that Freeunlocks earns the referral income from TrialPay regardless of whether or not you get a working code. So they can send you a not-working code, then offer you a "refund" which you can't get because you haven't been charged yet.

modified review This review was modified by ElementalX on August 03 2013 06:01:49 PM

"Total scam.

Terrible company who wont deliver the product.

Always blaming third parties and their systems. Sent load of emails to all involved:

freeunlocks
Trialpay
Godaddy.com

DO NOT TRUST OR USE THESE COMPANIES.

modified review This review was modified by pmcmanners on April 22 2013 11:45:47 AM

"Not only did the instructions for using the unlock code not work, the company was horrible to deal with AND THEN they STOLE MY CREDIT CARD information and used it to attempt to purchase over $300 of merchandise from a UK company. THEY ARE CROOKS."

"Even though they claim to send the giftcard within 24-48 hours, you have to constantly keep asking them for the giftcards even after 48 hours.... Its been 3 days with no sign of my giftcard. I suggest you guys be careful when dealing with these guys....."

"Exelent service had code in under 2 hours customer service was amazing."

"Ive ordered an unlock code from freeunlocks and still havent gotten it.please contact me"

"I am the owner of a Motorola Bravo MB520, and after numerous attempt to have it SIM unlocked with other online services, I get refunded because these providers claim that my phone's SIM unlock code is not available. Even with AT&T I was not given any options.
Freeunlocks.com not only gave me a chance to benefit of a lovely deal with my next night out to my favorite restaurant, but also flawlessly provided with a single SIM unlock code that successfully unlocked my phone.
I recommend their services. Well worth it!!!

"I am very satisfied with your service. Received unlock code within 3 mins. My HTC sensation 4G now works with all sim card. Thank you Freeunlocks.com"

"I am very satisfied with with Freeunlocks' service. They helped me unlock my HTC HD2 T8585. Thanks FreeUnlocks and support team which is very knowledgeable and very helpful (special thanks to Perry!). Recommended to anyone who needs their phone unlocked! "

Share Freeunlocks.com's store rating

Freeunlocks.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Freeunlocks.com is not a merchant member
Freeunlocks.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!