FramesDirect.cCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10

"I have been going through an odyssey regarding getting my son's reading/seeing glasses repaired. The representative actually had the temerity to take issue with the fact that I was upset and actually inferred that I would have received better treatment if she was treated with respect. Just so you all know, you are in the business of serving the customer. No one spoke to any of you in a vulgar or profane manner. I think over a month of not being able to use glasses is too much for anyone to ask. First, they did not want to send a mailer and when they did, ti was for ground mailing--almost two weeks of travel. Then they had the nerve to say "if" it is covered under warranty, then it will take 48-72 hours to let me know and then I would have to pay for my own expedited shipping. And yes, the representative had major attitude. You all are asking us to spend our money and then you want us to treat you with kit gloves when a product is defective and/or broken" Seriously, really? The rep was unprofessional and childish."

modified review This review was modified by Estegreen on February 26 2015 02:06:57 PM

"One of the single worst experiences purchasing online. Not necessarily from a customer service perspective as they were generally informative and kept me up to date. Where they failed was in their primary responsibility to provide me with the product I purchased.

I ordered two pairs of prescription glasses on Jan 1. About two weeks later I received one pair of glasses. I was ok with that time frame. Despite no indication of these glasses being out of stock or requiring ordering direct from the manufacturer at the time of purchase, the 2nd pair (sunglasses) were finally received by me on Feb 2.

There was an almost comical series of events that proceeded between my purchase and receipt of my sunglasses. As mentioned, I was kept well informed. But, after three weeks without product I really didn't care for the updates. I just wanted what I had already long since paid for.

"A bunch of liars. They gave me the wrong prescription sunglasses and when I ask for an explanation and they just insist they're right. I can only stared it and do nothing about it! "

"Company does not always honor return policy. Bought a $800 pair of glasses last year and within year lens cracked and rimless frame starting to falling apart. So I ordered some different frames to select a replacement for them and was then contacted by a customer rep and told that a mgr had singled me out and said that they would not except any returns from me anymore b/c of the high dollar amount of frames. I was told by the cust service rep that this special return policy is not listed on their site and was only being applied to me after I spent hours shopping their site. So I canceled the order and will never be ordering from them again or recommending them to anyone. The appropriate thing for them would have been to tell me before hand so that I did not waste hours on their site or list this policy on their site. "

modified review This review was modified by Ethernet32 on January 01 2015 10:54:46 AM

"What ever you do, don't order from this company. I ordered the same prescription sunglasses from them which I had tried on at my doctors office. The glasses Frame direct sent me were so badly made that they would not fit. However they were putting in the prescription lens was ruining the shape of the frame. I took them to my eye doctor to try and have them adjusted but they were beyond fixable. I never recieved a refund from frames direct and now I have no glasses and I'm out over $300.00. Terrible customer service from their operations manager Craig. I'm currently in dispute with them and my credit card and Frames Direct is doing what ever they can to keep my money "

modified review This review was modified by shentastic6 on December 07 2014 01:31:04 PM

"I liked the look of these glasses and felt pretty good about the fact that they would look good on me when they arrived. When they came in though the glasses seemed somewhat subpar. To start the arms are slightly bent differently, the left bowing away from my head quite a bit. The second thing I noticed was that if I squeezed the lens section at all they squeaked, felt like the lens weren't 100 percent secure or fitted right. If I got these in the store I probably would have made them adjust them or sent them back. Considering that I probably didn't save that much money after all told with the thinner lens and misc extra charges it doesn't feel like I got a value."

modified review This review was modified by dave122344 on December 04 2014 06:55:01 AM

"love, love, love, my glasses. my first pair was too tight and stressed the frames which broke, I sent them back and received not only a new frame, but the lenses in mine were scratched and clouded (by me) and they replaced them too! all at no cost to me. customer service was attentive and very sweet experience. Sandi"

"Horrible experience. week and a half to ship. Then after that the lenses felt completely wrong. Felt like VICE CLAMPS on my head. Just a disaster of an experience.

Should have stayed local. After wearing the glasses for a day i get dizzy and want to puke when wearing my regular contacts.

Up to date current prescription.

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE

"I placed an order but called to cancel an hour later, because I was concerned about the ordering these online. The sales lady mentioned that I could get a refund if I did not like them. I believed her, so I said okay let the order go through. They arrived bent and were too small. I sent them back and they soon told me that I would have to pay half of the lens cost ($176+). What a complete rip-off of a company!!!!!!!!!! I am out that money and have nothing. Do not believe anything these people tell you!!!!!!!! I will continue to warn others, wherever I can post to keep others from being taken as I have been."

modified review This review was modified by framesdisthedevil on May 05 2014 02:15:48 PM

"Their customer service is HORRIFIC! They staff 1 to 2 people to take calls and they can't serve your needs anywhere close to a brick and mortar store. You'll be on hold for 35-45 minutes if you need help and they'll argue with you after they send you damaged glasses. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy."

modified review This review was modified by skunk182 on February 10 2014 04:51:54 PM

"Order glasses on July 19. Here it is August 26 and still no glasses. They do not answer emails or voice mails very often and surely not in a timely good customer service manner. After several phone calls got a human who said the frames were not in yet and were due in tomorrow, that was over two weeks ago. Called again today and was told frames still not in. Told them to cancel the order and refund my money to my credit card. Was told I would be getting a phone call from the head honcho of the place, but of course no call came. Finally decided to dispute the charge on my credit card. These guys suck!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by docirv on August 26 2013 06:42:55 PM

"Thank you Sarah S for all your help! I have never ordered glasses online and so thankful that I purchased the glasses from Frames Direct!.

HV

"Great personal help buying frames and lenses. People bend over backwards to make a sale. They do allow returns with a restocking charge and customer service is kaput. If you do not follow their rules exactly ie, "their return # has to be on the shipped box or the reject the box. This did not happen to me, but using it as an example! How about including a return label. A lot of companies that want my business have figured this out. Why don't you start there and work backwards to improve service after sale. "

"A nice pair of glasses at a competitive price. I would purchase from this store again."

"Received exactly what I ordered in a timely matter. Am pleased with my purchase."

Share FramesDirect.com's store rating

FramesDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

FramesDirect.com is not a merchant member
FramesDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!