Stores > FramesDirect.com

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
Voice your opinion! Review FramesDirect.com by clicking a star below.
2017-05-24

Terrible customer service

"I ordered two pair of glasses. One was shipped to me. My credit card was billed for two pair! Customer service will not respond to me! Buyer Beware!!!"

2017-05-15

AWFUL quality

"I have ordered eyeglasses 5 years ago with them and had no issue. HOWEVER I ordered a new pair of eyeglasses this year and I'm very disappointed with the product. I ordered frame Ray-Ban RX5114 and what I received on the mail was awful. Lenses were fine but the frame looked cheap, the arms creak every-time you move them. The whole frame creaks and makes noises when you put them on or take them off. It looks like a toy frame. It's almost laughable and of course made in China. I called to find out about the return policy and in top of reducing 50% of what you paid for the lenses from your refund I have to pay for shipping expenses to return it. Really? This quality is NOT acceptable."

2017-05-10

Zero customer service! Deceitful policies!

"Zero customer service! Deceitful policies! "

2017-05-07

If I could give them a 1/2 star I would ! Buyer be aware.... do NOT purchase from them .

"You think you will save money but all you're getting is a hassle and a headache . Here is my experience: my friend had on a pair of cute glasses , loved them ! She order them from a legit site but found them on frames direct ! Sweet I'm getting them ! Filled out all the info , card info and boom . Simple . Ha that's a joke ! I get an email saying the frames were back ordered until July , they wouldn't charge me until the product was shipped .
Well ... my card was charged .
The sent me a list a frames they had instock , sweet found another pair I liked . They emailed me , made the switch even refunded me some money bc those lens were cheaper .
Please allow 2/3 weeks for the item to ship .
1 week later Email again sorry those frames are backordered until the end of May .
Not acceptable at all !
So here I am today going around and around with them , I've requested a call with no luck ! Take your business elsewhere

2017-04-24

A Fan!

"Normally, I am all about reviews. I ordered from framesdirect.com prior to reading reviews and to say I was apprehensive is an understatement, all for nothing. The entire process was pleasant for the most part. I ordered normal glasses with progressive lenses and sunglasses. I have 2 issues though. 1, It took me FOREVER to search for sunglasses because many I chose were sold-out or discontinued. I think items should be marked as such or removed when discontinued, Natasha in customer service was very helpful and responsive via email and phone. Her responses were within 24 hours. My second issue, is shipping. Let me preface by saying I understand why they want a signature at delivery but that is not always convenient for everyone. Maybe they could consider an indirect signature, like VERIZON. A reviewer did mention that pick up at UPS was restricted per their shipping policy, I did not find that the case. When I called CS, I was told delivery would be attempted 3 times then items would be held at UPS for 5 days to enable customer pick up. I had both pairs of glasses in my hot little hands within 14 days despite the sunglasses PIA. All in all, I now know what to expect and will definitely order from framesdirect.com again.They have a huge selection and much better pricing than my local businesses."

2017-02-02

worst experience and customer service

"I ordered a pair of glasses that happened to be on back order which was no big deal. However, a few weeks later I sent an email to Stephanie who was helping me with my order asking for an update on the status of my order. She tells me that the frames are getting ready to ship out to me the next day. Two days later no glasses. I get an email stating the back order date had been extended another week. Meaning they didn't have my glasses ready for shipment. I called to see what the deal was and spoke with Ann who was very apologetic and nice. I got a return call from Stephanie telling me that the lenses were the issue. I told her that she said the glasses were ready to ship and that was not true. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she told me no. She became very upset that I called her out and canceled my order and hung up on me. I called back and requested to talk to a supervisor. I got a call this evening from a gentleman who just asked me what happened. I told him exactly what happened. He said read the emails and listened to the phone call and that he would talk to Stephanie. That's it. Apparently it's acceptable to lie to customers and hang up on them. I will not use them for anything and definitely won't recommend them to anyone I know. "

2017-01-10

Never Use Frames Direct...

"I purchased the Transitions lenses for an additional $60. When I received the glasses I noticed that there was always a bit of a tint to the lenses. I was not aware this would be the case with Transitions lenses so I sent the glasses back. Not only did I have to forfeit the $60 extra I paid for adding on the Transitions lenses but was told that in order to get lenses without Transitions add-on that I would need to pay additional $59.75 to get lenses without the Transitions. I am out $120 for something that I did not want after having the opportunity to exam them when I received the physical product. "

2016-11-02

Worst online business I've ever dealt with

"An absolutely terrible experience. I was shopping for a new pair of sunglasses online and found a great pair on the Frames Direct website. I went to select my lens type and noticed that every single lens type offered showed the following phrasing: "Passes 20% Light, Blocks 80% Light." I selected the color I wanted and completed the order. The glasses arrived within 2 weeks and I immediately discovered that they were not sunglasses, but regular clear prescription lenses. They blocked no sunlight, as they advertised on the website.

I called the next day and was told that I ordered the glasses incorrectly and they would replace them but only if I paid them another 50% of the cost of the glasses. The website was incorrectly showing the "Passes 20% Light, Blocks 80% Light" on all glasses at the time I ordered them (this has since been fixed), so after I insisted upon a full refund they met me in the middle and agreed to only charge me 25% of the cost of the glasses to re-do them. This is unacceptable as it is NOT my fault that the website was showing incorrect information.

The customer service was terrible. I called in on a Thursday and spoke with a very rude representative who questioned my intelligence. She told me she was going to speak with Wiley X about doing a free remake since it was their fault, and she told me she'd call back by the end of the day. She never called. I waited a week and called back, the representative said she had just gotten off the phone with Wiley and that they were not going to re-do the glasses, which left my options either a) pay 25% just to get what I originally ordered, or b) return them and only get 50% of my cost back. I decided to take neither option, and asked to speak with a manager.

The manager was unavailable and I was told the manager would call me back. He never did, but I got a call from the same customer service rep the next day who told me that management decided they didn't want to assist me with this situation.

I have never dealt with a company as mismanaged as Frames Direct and would HIGHLY ADVISE against giving them any of your money. Check out the better business bureau and look at all of the unresolved complaints similar to mine. It is horrifying that this business is still operating. Never give them business!

2016-09-14

Beware of those phony 1 star reviewers! All I got from this company was an outstanding service and unbeatable price!

"I simply don't understand all the hatred from those 1-star reviewers. They sound more like a paid 1-star reviews. I ordered my prescription glasses with the exact numbers from my prescription and was delivered exactly that. It took roughly 2 weeks for the glass to be made and delivered but that is a normal turnaround time. I had to change my payment option after the order was charged and still, the outstanding customer service stepped in and solve that request immediately. The price for single vision lenses and frames was $122 less than what my local Walmart offered! Keep the great work Framesdirect! "

2016-06-06

$500 dollar store glasses

"First time getting glasses on line. Ordered silhouette frames, thinnest (most expensive) transistion tinted lens.
I have had transistions, b4, loved them. These don't change or offer any protection.travis sent me 2robbie. Robbie said I need to put in thicker, heavier polycarbon lens to get any darkness of lens. Also, no certificate of authenticity for essilor/transistions.
WANT TO RETURN. ceo Roy Hessel needs 2know order form says nothing about diff.levels of lens protection:no way to reach anyone with authority.only way to contact the hesses' is by facebook. BUYER BEWARE

2015-08-24

"I ordered the frame and lens in April of this year. I was not told that the frame ordered was backordered. I called trying to find out why it was taking so long and wanting to make sure they got my prescription from my doctor they finally told me it was backordered. I asked to change my frame to one that was in stock. Said okay. It added more time to my order. Did not get my lenses until more than a month later.

When I finally did get them the lens were defected. Why? Well there is no physical person there to measure your eye distance and I wear a progressive. I felt like I was looking through a fish bowl. Returned them and had them redone. Got them back a 2nd time and again still not right.

I tried wearing the lenses for over 2 weeks thinking it was perhaps me. It was not. Left them a negative review and promptly got a call. Had a long conversation with a Candace Bronash. Very unprofessional person. Tried to blame me. Finally agreed to try to fix them one more time if I agreed to get a new prescription from a different doctor. Which I did.

This is where it gets real bad. I was told I would get a return shipping label. Did not. Waiting a week and contacted again. Finally got one sent to me via email (The whole time dealing with the same person) Shipped them back and faxed new prescription. UPS shows they had received the frames and they were sitting on them for a week before I contacted them again wondering why they had not worked on the new pair. I get this email:

"Hi Albert,

The management team wanted to review your orders and the return for the remake.

I just got them back last night.

They will step outside of our normal return policy and remake your lenses at no charge but they are asking that you modify your trust pilot review.

Please let me know once the review is completed and I can send these to the lab for the remake.

I have also searched our emails for the new RX copy.

Can you please resend it to me as I cannot locate the email.

Thank you!"

So we are going to hold your glasses hostage until you remove an honest negative review.

Do not do business with this company. They are incompetent, unethical, dishonest and slooooooow.

PS. I asked for a refund and told them I was starting a chargeback request. Instead of doing the right thing and just crediting me back they blame me once again saying they cannot because I started the chargeback process. Which is not true. I run a business too and know the truth on that. You can always issue a refund and stop this entire insane and frustrating process.

2015-08-17

"I will never order another product from Frames Direct. After placing an order for eyeglasses frames, I was notified that the frame is backordered for 3 months. I was directed to sign in to my account at their website, and instead of being offered to cancel my order, my two options were 1) wait three months or 2) choose another frame. No option to cancel offered! In order to cancel, the customer must personally call the company and speak to a sales rep whose name was listed in the email. Stay away from a company who practices such deception and dishonesty. It should be as simple to cancel an order that cannot fulfilled as it was to place the order! Beware of this company. "

2015-07-24

"I have never experienced such poor service has I have from Frames Direct (www.framesdirect.com) for anything I have ever purchased. In August 2014 I purchased 2 pairs of prescription glasses one for normal wear and one pair of sunglasses. The first prescription that was made in these I couldn't focus for longer than about 60 seconds out of the sunglasses and the clear ones I couldn't at all. That told me the prescriptions didn't match and I thought maybe the doctor had screwed up the prescription so I went to a different doctor and sure enough the other doctor had. So we lost money on the first prescription lens that was made even though I know they were made wrong since I didn't get the same reaction from both pair. When I got the second ones made and received them I tried them as soon as I got them and got extremely dizzy and sick with a migraine. We took them to a local optical store and they tested the lens for accuracy and found that the prescription was not made correctly and did not match the prescription from the doctor.

When I went for my eye exam this year I went back to a doctor who had always done a good job for me and sure enough the prescription was different so I had lens made to put in the ray ban frame I had bought but had not used 10 months before and the prescription was good. So I thought I would send the sunglasses frame back to frames direct and give them yet another chance (3rd one) and they won't make them I find this out after first calling them before shipping them and then waiting a week to hear from them, which I had to call to get an answer. Now after a big to do over these glasses they finally said they would refund the lens cost (only 1 set was refunded or even offered to be) and we would keep and pay for the frames. They sent the frames back but did not include the stock Ray Ban lens for the sunglasses but actually returned the bad prescription lens. I am now fighting with them to get my frame back and the stock lens that were never returned to me. Their guarantee on the lens means nothing as they won't back it up. If you have a problem with them don't count on them making it right. Every time I have talked to someone on the phone I have gotten nothing but the run around along with the "I don't care attitude". Frames Direct has some serious customer service problems which really need to be addressed. The one person that I got some help from is no longer with the company. She probably did the right thing and got in trouble for it.

My suggestion is to not deal with this company. You might get lucky and everything be ok but if you have a problem it won't get resolved.

2015-06-02

"They never got the prescription. The sent out the first pair, wrong prescription. I received the second pair SEVEN weeks after placing my order---still wrong. I'm totally turned off to ordering glasses online."

2015-04-09

"The best customer service I ever had. Excellent service, fast response. I've got my Ray Ban in just two days. I truly recommend. "

Share FramesDirect.com's store rating

FramesDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

FramesDirect.com is not a merchant member
FramesDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!