Stores > Frame Fixers

• Frame Fixers

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"i left this review on another rating website but i saw alot of negative reviews here as weel so i just had to post it on here to say **MY TRUTH** about this company.

Let me start off by saying that i am NOT affiliated in any way to this company.

i am SHOKED by these negative reviews!, i really question how authentic they are.
how in the world did a sweet and kind of a man as him (the owner "robert") get such negative reviews is beyond me.

listen...i dont know if they are real or not but i got **THE MOST KINDEST AND PROFESSIONAL** service from framefixers.com!

i called the owner (robert) which was super kind and very friendly and talkative!
he expland to me how he can (easly) fix and smooth out the deep scratches i had on my vintage gianni versace frames that i love so much.

i shipped them all the way from israel to him.
the day he got them, i recived a friendly message telling me that they arrived and he also wrote to me how much would it be to fix them.

he also stated that they will be ready in about 3 business.

the next day i got an update telling me that they are being worked on and that they should be ready later that day and that he would ship them back to me that same day, and they were!
later that day i got an express tracking number from him via usps AND the returned package was even insured!
it took him 1 day to fix them and send them back...talk about super quick service!

when i got them (two days later) i was amazed how good they looked.
they looked 100% NEW.
he did such a Wonderful and fantastic job on my frame that i will go back to them for all my other frames.
you cannot find real eyewear craftsman like him anymore.
If you have vintage eyewear....send it only to him!
he can fix almost anything!

before we sent the frames to him we have contacted many (many) eyewear shops that couldn't help us (to say the least) and some were so ignorant it was embarrassing.
he was the only one that said that he can fix the frames and he did! and in a super fast timely manner.

listen guys, to be honest,
i normally do not write reviews and this is my first review i ever wrote here but these negative reviews made me want to say THE TRUTH about him and his company!

because the service i had recived and experienced from him was **exceptional**.
the most kindest service i could ever ask for!

he did an excellent job and he is as professional as it gets when it comes to cosmetic vintage frame repairs.
i will not let anyone handle my super rare and delicate vintage frames besides him!

Everything from service to shipping to time frame to price to outcome was simply fantastic.

please guys, before you make up a negative point of view in your mind about this company...
PLEASE check out the reviews that REAL people leave on this company's facebook page, (just write "framefixers" on facebook).
im sure that will make you change your mind and clear any doubts about them.

thank you for all your help.
god bless dear.

This review was modified by surfer2011 on August 27 2015 07:00:11 PM

"These guys are WONDERFUL! They not only repaired 2 pair of my vintage eyeglasses (one pair TWICE!), they also repaired my beloved Reinhold Kuhn eyeglass case that my dog chewed up. I couldn't believe it! Granted, repairs sometimes take time because the parts have to be scouted up...they often aren't made anymore. But you get what you pay for and I definitely got more than my money's worth. I wouldn't use anyone else."

This review was modified by fairviewfarm on June 28 2013 08:54:54 AM

"Sunglasses Returned Today - Case Closed"

This review was modified by RayBanned on April 04 2013 02:54:42 PM

"would have to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They have lost an expensive pair of titanium frames sent over a year and a half ago . they will not reply to polite emails. I have given up. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS MOB OF TRICKSTERS"

"I sent my titanium glasses for repairing a broken temple in January 2012. I am fortunate to say that I think I'm one of the lucky few that got them back repaired, but only today, after over 10 months!

This was a huge ordeal of constant phone calls to August Cornell. Says that the glasses shipped to the wrong address, tracking, excuses, phone calls not returned, etc. In general he is a nice sounding older gentleman, but I'm not sure what he's doing not returning people's stuff. He did return several of my phone calls and emails so he did try, but what an ordeal.

Framefixers aka August Cornell be reached at:

304 Highland St
Syracuse, NY 13203
(315) 463-1295

"I sent in my glasses two weeks ago. No one is answering my phone calls. I doubt I will see my glasses again. We need to call NY state officials on Frame Fixers."

"My initial contact with Frame Fixers was pleasant. In late December of 2011, I sent photos of two pairs of antique frames that needed minor repairs & cleaning. These glasses were of sentimental value to me & I was hoping to be able to use one pair for sunglasses and the other for my prescription lenses. I received a quick, cordial response from Mr. C*****l. Based on the tone of the email, I believed that this company would treat my glasses care and respect. In early January (2012), I wrapped each pair (neither had lenses) individually in bubble wrap and shipped them to Frame Fixers in a carton well-cushioned with packing peanuts.
I received a phone call from one of their "staff" when the frames arrived in Syracuse to confirm what needed to be done. We had a long conversation about different types of sunglass lenses and settled on an amber base lens for one of the frames. The other pair would be left "empty" so that my local optician could install prescription lenses at a later time. I was told that both pairs would be shipped within a week. My credit card was charged for their services at that time...NOT upon completion of the requested work.
More than a week passed...no glasses. I called and left a message. Within 24 hours or so, I received a call back with an excuse involving an outside source for the sunglass lenses. I was assured that both pairs would be shipped by the end of the day.
Again I waited...giving adequate time for delivery (3-5 working days from Syracuse to my home). Still no package from Frame Fixers. My annual eye exam was coming up and I was hoping to take the "empty" frames with me. In my message, I asked that the "empty" frames be sent immediately, and that the sunglasses be sent separately when they were ready. When Frame Fixers called back, they assured me that both pairs would be shipped that day.
My glasses finally arrived the day before my eye appointment. I picked them up at the post office & was immediately suspicious when I could hear things sliding around inside the box. When I opened the package, I was shocked to find my antique frames carelessly wrapped in the wax paper sleeves that sheets of stamps are kept in...undoubtedly retrieved from the trash bin at the post office. NO padding or cushioning material. The temples on both pairs were bent outward. The sunglass lenses were grey instead of amber. In addition to the color being wrong, the lenses did NOT fit...there were gaps between the frames and the lenses. Within minutes, one of the lenses fell out.
I called FrameFixers and left yet another message...I asked that someone call me back so that we could discuss the frames. I did NOT voice my displeasure in the message...I was hoping to do that with a real person! After not receiving a call back by the end of their business day (9 pm EST), I filed a dispute with my credit card company. I also sent an email to Frame Fixers outlining my concerns and disappointment in the quality of their services. In an email time stamped 1155pm that same day, I was informed by Mr. C*****l that their service was adequate and that he would seek to bring charges against me for theft of material. He also stated that he would contact my credit card company and attempt to revoke my privileges.
Thankfully, my story has a happy ending. The credit card company studied the dispute and ruled in my favor. I found a local optician who was able to fit prescription lenses in one set of frames & amber sunglasses in the other set. I also re-learned a valuable lesson...shopping/buying local is ALWAYS better than doing business through the mail!
BEWARE of FrameFixers....

"Situation: Sent in $600 glasses for repair. Called to check when I would receive the glasses back and was told they would be mailed that afternoon.

Me: Happy as a clam, thinking I can resurrect something I thought was irretrievably broken after I decided not to bother the arrogant Cartier customer service again with a problem I had with one of their products. How could one of their products possibly have any problems? (But that's another story)

Time: Does what it does best. It passes. 6 weeks of it.

Me (again): Now worried (as a clam?). That the glasses may have been lost by the shipper, that is. So I leave a message to request a tracking number. Not an angry message, mind you. Just a message. And again. And again. You get the point. After I week I get someone on the phone.

Person says "If you hang up on me, I will never call you again".

Me: Speechless

Oh, I did get a tracking number. UPS doesn't recognize it.

Glasses: Who knows?

"My name is Earl Whipple and I sent in two Giorgio Amani Rx frames for spring hinges, new nose piece, and an arm repair. Sent them in on June 8, 2011 any a phone conversation w/ Christine in their lab on June20th and was given an estimate of 30 days - 2 week back log on their work and 2 weeks to perform the actual work.

In mid-July I followed up and after several phone calls I got through and was told my glasses were being worked on, should be completed in about ten days, and shipped.
In August I began leaving more voicemail and emails - first once a week then later twice a week.

On August 15th I received a message from a woman saying a conversation was needed to finish the job. Since that date I have left messages almost every day explaining I was returning THEIR call.. nothing. I call the Christine the lab tech's cell number, the main number, and the customer inquiry email address. I type this for others to be aware - I just filed a report with the Upstate New York Better Business Bureau at"

Better Business Bureau, Inc. (Upstate, NY)
100 Bryant Woods South
Amherst , NY 14228
Web: http://www.upstateny.bbb.org

"Sent my frames in for repair in May.. it's now August 6th and I still don't have them back. They've evaded and/or ignored all my attempts to contact them so far and I'm absolutely disgusted by the lackluster customer service. If they don't give me a satisfactory answer with 48 hrs, I'm filing a report with the police for theft and fraud."

"i sent in my glasses for repair of the nose bridge wire rest, i was quoted a price of $88.00, gave them my cc # and authorized repairs! that was over 4 weeks ago, i have called and left countles msgs w/o any return phone calls. i do not know if i will ever see my glasses again, repaired or not, i would not recomend this company to anyone."

"Fraudulent, mendacious losers.

Sent in frames for repair as per their website 3 months ago; after one week I was told they were ready to ship. Since then I have made 15 calls; mostly I was only able to leave messages, unreturned of course. The few times I actually connected with someone I was told they were ready and would be shipped imminently.

I'm still waiting

"When I called up to see if the missing temple piece for my Gucci reading glasses could be replaced, I was told "Oh. That is an easy repair. That is a very replaceable piece and we'll get the glasses out to you within a week". Well, 4 weeks have gone by. I have called and emailed at least half a dozen times trying to find out the status of my repair. I have gotten the run around and no 2 stories are alike. Finally, after practically begging, I'm getting my glasses returned - unrepaired! I am now told that this is a very hard piece to find. I was told that they did find a replacement but they were not happy with the painting so they are sending back my glasses - unrepaired. I'm glad to be getting them back. As yet, they are not returned. Let's see if they are telling the truth regarding the return. I'm very disappointed in their customer service and dishonesty. Not a good place to do business with.
UPDATE...read what his response was when I told him I was upset with the level of service...
We are no longer tolerating any nonsense like this. You should read every single word that follows before you set your finger down on another single key on your keyboard. We have a clear copy of your written declaration of your premeditated intent to do financial damage to our company. We have a permanent copy of your email. Regardless of your reasons, just like in the real world, if you write, say or do anything that can be recorded as premeditated financial damage to a person or company you can and will be sued in a court of law. You will be required to retain an attorney to defend yourself, and if a judgment is secured against you, it will be executed against every dollar you have in any account affiliated with your name or your social security number. This will also include a garnish of any paycheck, any checking or savings account, any vehicle or property you own or own a partial interest in. Our Webmaster can trace and identify anything you do from any computer you use to access the internet from any location, and can provide recorded accounts of your liable or slander and provide expert testimony in court as to the financial damages accrued as a direct result of your actions. There is no multiple story or differing account to financial threats like yours. There is only a written account of your premeditated intent to do financial damages, and the expert assessment of anything you do recorded by the Webmaster, traced back to you specifically, and evaluated for financial damages to our business for an amount by a USPAP Certified Business Appraiser. That figure will include legal fees and the Appraisers fee. Our Attorneys will obtain a Summary Judgment against you from the Court. You will pay them all. On Monday, November 01, 2010 at 9:44 your eyeglasses had been here less than 20 days during which we ordered and were waiting for a replacement set of temple arms. You emailed us and stated that you were going to Italy and had a friend that would find the parts for you. You asked us to send you the eyeglass frames without waiting for the parts we ordered to come in. We did so. We have a permanent copy of your email. You will receive your Summons by Registered mail. We will choose the legal venue of the County in which we are incorporated. Your Attorney will need to be one that can practice in this Court District. Goodbye. FRAMEFIXERS.

This review was modified by MsAndrea on November 11 2010 01:43:35 PM

Share Frame Fixers's store rating

Frame Fixers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Frame Fixers is not a merchant member
Frame Fixers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!