Stores > Footsmart

• Footsmart

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"After reading the numerous bad reviews of Footsmart, I feel like I can only offer more of the same.
I purchased a pair of winter shoes at the end of last season so I did wear them a few times before the weather warmed. They are Clarks Gaberly Panama Slip-On Shoes and are very comfortable and fit well. However, after bringing them out for this fall and wearing them maybe twice, I realized the sole had separated from the leather upper exposing my foot to the elements. They are so new that a white QC sticker on the sole of one shoe is still attached and intact.
When I emailed customer service I received a very generic email quoting the return policy. So I called customer service and the associate there advised simply because it was beyond the 60 day return policy, they would not exchange them. She did offer me a discount on another pair of shoes, but I'm not inclined to give more money to a company that isn't standing behind their product.
Oh, and by the way, I had purchased a pair of support socks at the same time in color black. The very first time I wore them, there were holes at the heel seam - I'm pretty fair and since the socks are dark, they really look like worn out socks despite being brand new. I contacted Footsmart immediately about that (within a week of receiving the order) and received a generic email that I would have to pay for shipping them back to get a refund.
I cannot recommend this company at all.

This review was modified by flygirl14014 on November 20 2015 06:43:31 PM

"I paid for overnight shipping and the item did no arrive overnight. Customer service was terrible when I called. When it finally arrived, it was sent USPS in a 3 day service package. I have never used this company and will not again. They emailed me and said to email them with questions and when I did they didn't return or acknowledge my email. "

This review was modified by hbain123 on September 28 2015 09:03:33 AM

"I cannot recommend Footsmart, there are much better options.
It took them 21 day to post refund after receiving my return.
Return shipping cost was $9 plus cents.

At Amazon, I get competitive prices, free returns, refunds issued same day when I print my return label.

Also good experience at zappos.

You choose.

"Never order from this site!! Absolutely terrible customer service. They are the most unorganized company I have ever ordered from.
Problems include:
1. Lost my package
2. Never shipped a replacement package
3. Package was "lost in the warehouse"
4. Cancelled order, it was sent anyway
5. Returned "cancelled order" and have been waiting OVER A MONTH for my refund.

This review was modified by Whit25 on March 22 2015 08:43:23 AM

"I received my boots in about 10 days. Noted some stitching coming loose on one of the boots. Since they did not have another pair in the same size and color, I asked for a price adjustment so that I could get that fixed since I love how the boots fit. When I called customer service, they refused to make any price adjustment and just offered to take them back for a refund. They were the only site that I could find that boot in that size. I love the boot, but they certainly don't know much about customer service. I would not recommend them to purchase from."

This review was modified by countryprincess on March 02 2015 07:05:23 PM

"Waiting for almost a month for my refund. What the hell? They said they received the shoes about a week ago? Why does the return process take so long? They get to play with peoples' money longer!
Will not order from them again. Wish I had looked at this site before ordering and had seen what terrible reviews they have gotten. Ugh!
Just went through a very long process with the bank to file a claim just to be told that the bank might absorb the cost of the refund and Footsmart gets to continue ripping people off with no charge to them. Have never heard of such a thing.

This review was modified by autumn133 on January 20 2015 03:12:00 PM

"I will NEVER order from Footsmart again, and I suggest you do the same. Over 3 weeks have gone by with no refund in sight. I've called and called, spoke to "customer service" reps, been told many stories and am very frustrated. I don't know if I'll every see my refund. They really are crooks!!!"

This review was modified by zeroservice on December 12 2014 03:25:20 PM

"I placed an order for overnight delivery in the amount of over $300. Order did not arrive. Called and FS was unable to track. Said I would get a full refund. Days later no refund, multiple calls and order arrives 8 days later. Called and was told I needed to open package to include a return authorization form, and told would get full refund. Opened box just enough to place form inside, re-sealed and returned. Now I am being told that not all items were returned and I am being charged because I didn't check the order, what a crock. Will NEVEr do business with them again. I have spent hours trying to deal with this."

"I ordered boots that I need to walk my new dog now that bad weather is coming. The site said they were in stock when I paid for them. EIGHT days later I check my order and it says "not in stock". Why did it say they were in stock when I paid for them? Why did it take EIGHT days for ME to find out they had cancelled my order? WHY didn't THEY notify me?! C/S said their system said they emailed me yesterday, but I didn't receive it and no, it's not in spam. Even if they had, why would it take SEVEN days to find out they don't have it in stock? Now I've lost over a week at a time when winter boots are going to be getting harder every day to find. And the money I paid - that they say was only a "pending" authorization that they didn't receive - is STILL pending and not available to me EIGHT days later, who knows how much longer. C/S offered nothing for all this trouble, although they did apologize. I have been shopping online for years and never had an experience like this and Will NEVER do business with them again."

This review was modified by mjcmcj on December 04 2014 07:11:24 AM

A copy of the letter I have written to FootSmart;
Dear FootSmart Customer Service,
I ordered a pair of Privo by Clark shoes ( W79731880001) from you and received them on 7/18/14. This is the 3rd pair of Privos I’ve purchased and have had great success with each pair previously. I wore the pair I received from you exactly 6 times before noticing a split at the seam on the front of the right shoe.
I called your department on 9/16/14 and was told that the shoes must be unused and under 60 days old to receive a refund. (The shoes were no longer in stock.) Your rep had me return the shoes and I felt sure that once you saw them you would stand behind your product, as they were obviously defective after such minimal use. I was egregiously mistaken.
You returned my defective merchandise and a letter informing me that you could not honor my return. FootSmart is the only company I have ever dealt with who do not stand behind their products. I must tell you and the Privo /Clark company that I’m bitterly disappointed to have spent $60.00+ on a pair of shoes that I wore 6 times. That comes out to $10.00 each time I wore them. I don’t think I’m unreasonable to expect better.
It’s most likely that I’m wasting my time in writing such a poor run operation as FootSmart but I fell like I’m entitled to make a bit of a fuss here as well as to inform you that I could never make another purchase from your company. Nor can I recommend you to friends and family.
I’m ashamed for you.

CC: Privo By Clark

"Horrible experience with footsmart customer service. I order two pairs of boots. I realized the next day that one pair was $40 dollars cheaper somewhere else AND I would get free 2 day shipping. In order to try to cancel the order, I had to email customer service. The response I got was that my request was forwarded onto the seller of the shoes (isn't footsmart.com the seller?). TWO business days later, the boots I did not want shipped anyway. This is FOUR business days after my order and THREE after my cancel request. I emailed customer service back to complain, and was given an generic response of " I'm sorry for your inconvenience". I sent yet another email complaining about their refund policy and how they should make their prices more competitive because they are ripping off customers. I got the same generic response with no acknowledgement of my complaints. I bet they have an auto reply message they send. In order to return the boots, I would have to pay nearly half the cost of them. I will probably end up keeping the shoes and chalking it up to a lesson learned. Do NOT shop at this online retailer! There are many other better options."

This review was modified by mrj3602 on October 12 2014 02:45:46 PM

"I purchased the Orthaheel Relief 3/4 Length Orthotics. Wore them for about 3 weeks and did not notice any favorable changes. I have Planter Fascitis and it made it worse. The inserts were cheaply made. Tried to return them and was told since I used them I couldn't return them. Lost $50 on something that doesn't work."

"I ordered a pair of Drew women's sandals from Footsmart. I wore them less than 4 hours a day for less than a week and the metal buckle on the right heel broke in half. I have written and called and emailed and returned the sandals with a letter explaining the problem and was told twice that because I wore them already, they will do nothing. A product which comes apart in less than a week is unacceptable and should be replaced or money refunded. I will also complaint to Drew company regarding the quality of their sandals."

"Customer service is terrible and shipment notifications confusing. Received an email stating they need more information to complete my order when in fact the items were not even available. Tried to charge double for returned items because they shipped in multiple shipments - their choice to ship separately, not mine. Easier and less expensive to drive over to your local mall and shop there. Would not ever order again nor recommend to anyone. "

This review was modified by RJS2261 on August 22 2014 07:23:47 AM

This review was modified by rawill2001 on July 30 2014 08:48:43 AM

Share Footsmart's store rating

Footsmart is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Footsmart is not a merchant member
Footsmart does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!