Food Service Warehouse Reviews - foodservicewarehouse.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.00/10 15 reviews

Food Service Warehouse is not a merchant member
Food Service Warehouse does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"This is about returning an item that did not work. If I had just returned it and paid for the shipping myself and then paid the restocking fee, I would have had to pay them to take back the item that did not work. I had to fight them on the phone and email for days to get a refund of everything except the original shipping fee - horrible, customer service policies; the people on the phone are nice and polite in trying to administer these awful policies. - I am NOT using them again for my start up food business - I do not recommend them"

modified review This review was modified by KellyHandcraft on August 15 2013 11:09:21 AM

"I was a little unsure after reading some of the reviews below, but let me tell you I was not disappointed. Their quality is fantastic as well as their customer service. The website is easy to navigate which made finding my items a cinch. I would absolutely recommend FSW to anyone."

"I purchased some products through foodservicewarehouse.com. They delivered what I ordered and did so promptly. I can't speak to the drama in some of the other reviews, but it was a fairly straight forward and simple transaction... unlike dealing with the often complicated and delicate customer experience in my restaurant..."

"I spoke with this really nice customer service rep on the phone and she was super nice - I haven't had a better experience ordering online. I was looking for a very specific sized item that I just couldn't find anywhere else - It wasn't on the site but they were able to order it from the manufacturer for me! I am absolutely telling all of my night crew about this site."

Memphis, Tn

"My wife and I have ordered several items from Food Service Warehouse for our catering business, and each time, our order was processed quickly and accurately. Their prices are usually right in line with their competitors but based on my experience, I would rather order from them.
The other reviews make me scratch my head and wonder if we are talking about the same company or if they have even ordered anything from them...?

"Food Service Warehouse had exactly what our restaurant was looking for at the right price. The website was very easy to navigate and we received our order rather quickly. We will definitely be using FoodServiceWarehouse.com again in the future."

"I ordered a small cookware item. After 12 days, when I was starting to wonder where it was, I got an email from their Security Department (they don't really have a Customer Service Department!), telling me that the order would be cancelled unless I immediately provided them with scans of my credit card (both sides), my photo ID, a signed copy of their credit card authorization form, Grandma's M-1 rifle number in the army...You get the picture. They hadn't processed the order at all, and they just didn't think I was fine enough to be one of their customers. I invited them to cancel immediately, and reordered from Amazon.

What triggered this attack of paranoia? My shipping address was the warehouse of a freight forwarding and courier company in the Miami area, which is in cahoots with several Latin American post offices to provide expedited delivery of US merchandise. Sure enough, I'm retired Down There! My credit card, however, is as Gringo as I am. I guess they don't want their stuff shipped outside the sacred soil of Homelandistan, even if they don't have to do it.

"I will never purchase from this company again. Awful customer service. Was not even able to get a response to 2 emails. Purchased liftgate delivery on 3 items ordered at the same time. The orders came out seperatly making me take three days off. Then 2 of the 3 deliveries came without liftgates. Then they said they would only give a discount on next order. The only thing they neglected to tell me was the discount was only off of list price. AWFUL company to deal with."

modified review This review was modified by Forrest1357 on September 15 2012 07:33:04 PM

"I have never been so disappointed in a company as I am in FSW. I made a $6,700 purchase and had a quote on a 13,000 order. The first purchase we paid the extra $100.00 for tailgate delivery. Then the three items were shipped at different times creating a hardship but that's another story. 2 of the three deliveries came out without the lift gate. The salesman then told me the next order we would get 10% off because of our problems. I then went to place the next order and the 10% off would not be applied to our quote. Get this, they actually tried to charge me more. I feel they are dishonest and I would never purchase from again. Even after emailing customer service no body ever even go back to me."

"Terrible customer service. I bought a Jimex Ascend commercial refrigerator that never worked from the moment I plugged it in. This merchant and the manufacturere have been giving me the run around for a month now trying to get me to pay to repair what was supposed to be a new unit.
Stay away from foodservicewarehouse.com.
Don't buy Jimex or Ascend products.

"I wish I had read these reviews before I placed an order at Food Service Warehouse.

I bought three stainless steel canisters from FSW. I returned them because the lids were not air-tight. FSW did not communicate with me about the status of my return; I had to email customer service repeatedly. When I finally got my refund 3 weeks after I'd sent back the items, FSW had deducted over 30% in restocking fees PLUS shipping. Because of this terrible return policy, I will never order anything from this seller again.

The icing on the cake is that FSW sent me an email inviting me to rate their products on their website. But the rules for submitting a review prohibit 'comments about the ordering process or the website in general' and 'angry reviews.' FSW can refuse to post any review that breaks these rules.

"Do NOT buy anything from Food Service Warehouse. They will rip you off and try to blame it on Alegacy (the company that does their shipping?) They have horrible customer service that is not willing to help you in any way. The customer is always right? Not at FSW."

"Horrific return policies. 30% minimum restocking fee for returns, plus they charge you for the previously free shipping AND you are paying to ship it back.

Don't do business with these people

Customer service not helpful bordering on rude

"I placed this order after speaking to live help to ensure my items would arrive before Christmas. One item was a "guaranty to ship today" item. After 4 days I checked tracking, and NOTHING had shipped. They "GLITCHED" my order, somehow canceling it, and made no attempt to contact me. They have my phone number and email addy. They have NO customer service, beat I got was you can reorder and we will ship in a few day and can not (will not) expedite the order in any way. I now can not get these VERY IMPORTANT items for my wifes Christmas. Stay away! Very worse online experience I have ever had. "

"I like to cook, and I like using nice tools when doing it. Well, you can settle for the usual tools that you find at your super-mart, or buy those that are used every day by professional chefs. The problem is that it is hard to find these kind of tools for a good price.

I just bought a Griddle-Q for my grill and needed some utensils: turner, scraper, etc. I found them at FSW for a few dollars only! I placed the order on a Tuesday and received it two days later! The fact that I bought only one brand - Winco - and they shipped from the manufacturer helps, but nonetheless, great & prompt service, and above all, excellent prices.

So if you ever find yourself in my situation, then I suggest looking at FSW's website - they have a LOT of cookware, accessories, etc. for great prices.

modified review This review was modified by tesebas on March 05 2010 11:28:13 AM